[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can somebody give me a list of gundam series i should watch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_2764.jpg (433KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2764.jpg
433KB, 1600x1200px
Can somebody give me a list of gundam series i should watch? (in chronological order)
>>
Seed
Seed Destiny
Iron Blooded Orphans
>>
>>14839555
No 00 is terrible. SEED and Destiny are good enough for a start.
>>
>>14839546
>gundam series i should watch
Yes.
(In chronological order)
Of course.
>>
>>14839546
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gundam#TV_series.2C_films.2C_and_video
>>
>>14839546
Well for starters you should never, ever watch anything in chronological order if it contradicts the release order.

That said, may I direct you towards the first Gundam show. After that, perhaps watch the second Gundam show. Then maybe, just maybe, you should watch the third one.
>>
>>14839546
>Can somebody give me a list of gundam series i should watch? (in chronological order)

Since you want to watch all things Gundam in chronological order start with the first Gundam 0079 and proceed from there.
>>
>>14839555
nice trips
>>
File: 03.png (532KB, 1360x1920px) Image search: [Google]
03.png
532KB, 1360x1920px
>>14839546
how do we make /m/ newfags free?

sticky?
>>
File: gundamguide-october.jpg (2MB, 2800x3402px) Image search: [Google]
gundamguide-october.jpg
2MB, 2800x3402px
>>14839546
>>
>>14839635
>Grossly unprofessionally written, especially in the second half, characterization of much of the cast greatly suffers
>>
>>14839635
Is there a consensus on which version of Gundam Unicorn is the best. Finally got to Gundam G-Savior probably going to start it next week.
>>
>>14839582
thanks
>>
>>14839623
Source on that anon?
Image searches bring up nothing
>>
>>14839546

the original series ( mobile suit gundam, msg Zeta and MSG ZZ) were remade into movies. Go and watch them, and you have the basis for the UC timeline (I.E the "main series").

Other good works from the UC timeline are 0080 War in the pocket, 8th MS team, and the recent Unicorn (all OVA's). Unicorn is not as universally loved, but it is by far the most well animated gundam series to date.

As for the side series, gundam wing is old but still very good, 00 is a very similar series that starts out great but gets a bit soft in the legs as it goes on, and G gundam is just a barrel of fun.

Avoid seed (especially the second season) and Reconguista, they're shit. Beyond that, just go out and see what else sits welll with you.
>>
>>14840329
ZZ never got movies
>>
>>14840329
ZZ has no movies.
Movies are better used as a refresher for the series rather than a replacement.
>>
>>14840358
Especially in the case of Zeta, the movies have a different ending and don't tie too neatly into the next story.
>>
>>14839623
I think that being more aggressive on insisting on lurking and doing research by oneself could help just a smidge.

>>14840427
>tfw watched 0079 twice
>never watched movies
>watched Z once
>probably going to watch both + ZZ over again
>still probably won't watch movies
>>
File: savethisfranchise.png (21KB, 930x510px) Image search: [Google]
savethisfranchise.png
21KB, 930x510px
>>14839546
Avoid the cancer currently airing, if you are one of the few people that buys things these days go with X, Victory, G-Reco, or SEED and Destiny.
>>
>>14840441
this so much, to companies money tends to talk
>>
>>14840441
>>14840447
Samefag.
>>
>>14839546
Original release order or production order always, no matter the franchise.

>>14839847
>Finally got to Gundam G-Savior probably going to start it next week.
You do know that it's just a movie right?
>>
>>14839546
Start with the original show, if old looking things scare you then the manga remake, Gundam: the origin, is pretty great, and mostly the same story, but don't start with the anime adaption of Gundam: the origin, it's only the prequel bits of the story. After that watch anything you want, except zeta, ZZ, char's counterattack, and unicorn, those are a series of sequels to the original. Also Turn A is better after having seen everything released before it.
>>
>>14839546
You should start with the first one, and go from there.

Don't avoid a series because strangers on the internet told you so.
Watch ALL OF IT. Even the bad ones, ESPECIALLY THE BAD ONES.
The become jaded as the rest of us and come join the shitposting.
>>
>>14839635
>gundam designs look racist
>under con
every time.
>>
>>14839546
I started with 00, then wing, then original MS Gundam 0079 and discovered HOW BAD WERE THOSE FIRST SHOWS I WATCHED.
Since then I follow the franchise constantly, but my hype goes only for the ones directed by Tomino.
I didnt watch SEED and dont think I will.

You should see 0080 War in the pocket, is great for new guys.
>>
>>14839546
don't bother op it's all shit
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.