[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not seen a symphogear thread for a while. Who is top girl?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: community_image_1426445114.png (2MB, 1248x855px) Image search: [Google]
community_image_1426445114.png
2MB, 1248x855px
Not seen a symphogear thread for a while. Who is top girl?
>>
Not /m/. Go shitpost about it elsewhere.
>>
>>14837618

Originally I'd have said Hibiki, but GX soured me on her while doing a lot to make Maria better. So dependent on season, but Hibiki for the first and maybe second seasons, with Maria for the third.
>>
>>14837626
Yeah the begging plot in GX with her not wanting to hurt people? pretty stupid
>>
>>14837618

did you just MISS the general?
>>
>>14837692
This dead series shouldn't even have a general. And it's not /m/.
>>
is it actualy worth a watch or is it just more ecchi shit?
>>
>>14837705
Ecchi shit
>>
>>14837705
the first season only
>>
>>14837707
>>14837708
fucks sake....
>>
>>14837711
Welcome to /m/
>>
>>14837618
Shit bait.

>>14837620
Even worse bait.

>>14837626
At least you posted more than one sentence, and your frustration is relateable.

>>14837631
It doesnt help that it was already covered in both S1 and S2. It was out of character at this point.

>>14837692
Hes blind, clearly.

>>14837702
>dead series
>officially has more airing content than Nanoha
>dead
The worst bait so far.

>>14837705
Its a wild and entertaining ride. Very few parta of it are meant to be taken seriously. No, its not particularly ecchi save for transformation sequences in S2 and half a beach episode in S3.

>>14837707
>>14837708
G-BAIT

Ill let /sgg/ know this thread is here. Its need of decent posters. Thanks for the free thread OP.
>>
>>14837626
It's kind of sad to read this sort of post because that's precisely what Kaneko was aiming for.
GX's script as a whole was an active effort to downplay Hibiki's character and portray her as incompetent in order to make FIS look better and more appealing. Shit writing all around and Maria's character arc got butchered for s second time.
I still like Maria though. Third favorite.
>>
>>14837618
>Not seen a symphogear thread for a while.
there's one up at all times on here since forever, use the catalog.
>>
>>14837796
Last thread's dead anyhow, this is pretty good timing.
>>
>>14837759
It's not airing anymore.
>>
>>14837759

Wow, so much autism in this post, lmao.
>>
>>14837788

I don't know that I'd say it worked, since rather than making me like Maria at Hibiki's expense I mostly just disliked GX and found her the most tolerable part of it. DMJii~ were kind of cute, bur mostly just for a few comedy scenes like putting on the glasses to go stealthing. The season as a whole was a wash. I seem to differ from a lot of the fanbase though, because I found the dolls dull as dishwater. I know there's more seasons being made, but i found GX bad enough that I view the announcement with trepidation and will only check out the next season if it really mixes things up (say, getting a new primary cast and putting the old one in a secondary position since they've gone through enough as is) or it gets good word of mouth.
>>
>>14837819
>getting a new primary cast
People mostly watch this show because they have grow fond of the characters and because of Aoi or Nana. That's a terrible idea, really.
>>
File: 1446939767686.jpg (318KB, 1678x1716px) Image search: [Google]
1446939767686.jpg
318KB, 1678x1716px
>>14837705
Symphogay is about as /m/ as Twintails and Nanoha. Season 1 is very endearing with an amazing climax. The next 2 aren't as good but are fun regardless. Not much to discuss anymore until season 4 or the mobage rolls around.
>>
File: 15608099359089.gif (991KB, 240x220px) Image search: [Google]
15608099359089.gif
991KB, 240x220px
>>
>>14837845

I can grow fond of new characters, or enjoy existing characters in smaller doses. I find the idea of a new cast better than dragging the old cast through yet more shit where they either retread old characterisation or barely have any because there's fuck all left to do with them. Then again, more oddity on my part: I couldn't give two fucks about Nana or Aoi. They seem cool, but beyond that I don't care. I certainly wasn't watching the show for them.
>>
>>14837860
I cant understand the whole "move on, these characters are done" thing. In real life, things KEEP happening to individuals. It cant possibly be so hard to introduce new adversity to any of the characters. Sure, muh archetypes, but that shouldnt prevent characters from being developed further. Saying that they cant be is the excuse of someone with no imagiation, and simply shouldnt be taken seriously.

I give Kaneko a little credit because GX was supposed to be the end, and that having changed probably added to the shit plot. But it was ultimately poor form to redo Bikki's already established development. And lets say that it was decreed that it had to be retread, it shouldve been Hibiki's chance to prove that she had truly accepted her development and carried it with her through her life, and blossomed from her previous self. And even if that was the way it panned out, itd last three episodes, max.

Point is, characters can continue to be developed for far longer than a few 13 episode seasons go on for. Theres no reason to think otherwise.
>>
>>14837819
>>14837860
Nanoha became a zombie franchise when they shifted the main characters into the background in favor of new ones. These series are waifubait, they are very reliant on the fans being attached to the characters. Making that sort of change is a terrible move.
>>
>>14837812
True, but Nanoha doesnt have seasons 4 and 5 in development.
>>
>>14837896

Characters aren't individuals in reality though. They're written in many cases with specific flaws and problems that need to be resolved, and much of the first season or few seasons is dedicated to resolving those issues and making the character a better character so that some kind of thematic point can be put across. Once that's done the character generally has no real flaws left to exploit from a dramatic stand point, where people always have some kind of problems and flaws that cause them issues. Sure, you could keep coming up with new issues for them, but after a certain point it loses any flavor or entertainment because you have to keep coming up with increasingly contrived shit to challenge their ever expanding ability and circle of friends.
>>
>>14837908
Season 4 is Vivid.
>>
File: 1467257741752.jpg (16KB, 223x256px)
1467257741752.jpg
16KB, 223x256px
>>14837812
It has two incoming seasons.

Honestly it should just turn into a mecha musume SoL with recurring minor villains and shit. The Zesshoushinais strung together as a season would have been a better GX than what we got. Dolls were wasted. Topdad is the blunder of the century.

Who am I kidding, I'll watch every second that gets animated no matter how bad it gets.
>>
File: 1443733005214.jpg (49KB, 290x274px) Image search: [Google]
1443733005214.jpg
49KB, 290x274px
>>14838058
What do you mean? They're all trash.
>>
>>14838092
Pretty much.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.