[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gundam Seed Sequel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 9

File: f7fd9618233380_full.jpg (81KB, 594x368px) Image search: [Google]
f7fd9618233380_full.jpg
81KB, 594x368px
When will we get the new Gundam Seed sequel?
>>
>>14836796
>>>/a/
>>
One day.
But it will be kept secret and revealed without any foreshadowing.
>>
I'm actually happy Athrun ditched that bitch Cagalli.
>>
>>14836796

We won't.

> Banrise wants new Gundams to be accessible to new audiences, without being bogged down by too much continuity. The original show is over a decade old.
> SEED fans in Japan only want Kira to star in the show, they don't like new MCs.
> They also don't buy gunpla.
> Gunota don't like SEED as much as you'd think.

Making a new SEED series is just a bad move on many counts.
>>
>>14836884
It took me three years to know that Athrun ditched Cagalli
>>
>>14836970
Wasn't the backlash was so great they had to try and undo it in later editions?
>>
>>14836884
>>14836970
But Cagalli was the one who did the ditching.
>>
>>14837100
No. They actually confirmed it more in later interviews and stuff. It was essentially said that Coordinator and Natural couples wouldn't work iirc. That's why Miri and Dearka broke up as well as Athrun and Cagalli. The funny thing is that Coordinators need Naturals because they're infertile by the third generation so Morosawa was full of shit.
>>
>>14837131

So, Destiny ended up promoting racial purity?
>>
They're waiting to remake 0079 again in 2022
>>
>>14836796
When no one originally involved with the series is still alive.
>>
>>14837178
Try 2020.
>>
>>14837164
By complete accident, given that Fukuda essentially has the mentality of a child.
>>
>>14836923
I think it would depend on how much money it owuld take to sway Banrise's decision, as well as the people behind it, and which UC series it attempts to emulate

If we're being hypotgetical here the new team behind it would be
>Fukuda as the director
>Toshiki Inoue as the writer
>Michiro Oshima or Kaoru Wada for music
>Katoki or beecraft as the mecha designer
>>
>>14837200
>>14837178
I'd actually love to see them do something similar to SEED and make another "Not-UC but different retelling of 0079" and call it a modern day Gundam
>>
File: 1350628299466.png (191KB, 376x279px) Image search: [Google]
1350628299466.png
191KB, 376x279px
>>14837131
>Natural and Coordinator couples wouldn't work
>but Coordinators need Naturals

Getting mixed messages here.
>>
>>14837406
I'm not
>>
>Genetically enhance people
>they become assholes and fuck over the entire earth's infrastructure in regards to power

The Federation in Star Trek is right, genetic engineering should be banned.
>>
>>14837406
Just genocide the Coordinators, anon.
>>
>>14837623
>implying the haven't been genocided already

There's a reason why those hourglass colonies don't appear in CC anymore
>>
>>14836796
Despite all the hate Kira and Shinn receive on the internet, I still feel like the problem in Destiny was Athrun.
>>
>>14836923
> They also don't buy gunpla.
And that's the main reason there won't be a Seed sequel.
>>
>>14837623
>t. Fllay
>>
>>14837131
That sounds more like doubling down on bad writing with lame excuses.

It really doesn't bode well for a series that's supposed to go on about how Naturals/Coordinators can get along and then goes and breaks up every such couple.
I mean, what in the fuck?

If that's the case, all the Naturals have to do is just leave the PLANTS alone and then let them fucking die out.
>>
>>14836923
No, making a new SEED series is a great idea they just need to not revisit anything that happened in Destiny

Like, CE 73 Stargazer was a really fun watch, I wish they made more CE stories like that
>>
>>14838210
>I still feel like the problem in Destiny was Athrun.
No the problem lies on Fukuda and Morosawa.
>>
>>14836796
Who is the artist of OP art?
Is that supposed to be Meyrin?
She looks beautiful there.
>>
>>14837207
Wasn't it Morosawa who wanted it?
>>
>>14839626
The art is an edit, the original is really Cagalli some shippers turned into Meyrin and tried to make it a fake ad for a new Seed.
>>
File: unedited.jpg (149KB, 594x368px) Image search: [Google]
unedited.jpg
149KB, 594x368px
>>14839626
You won't find it because
>>14836796
is really pic related.
>>
>>14839826
>That arm
>>
>>14839767
>>14839826
>Implying Athrun isn't two-timing them behind their backs, and had three kids with both
>>
>>14839826
That doesn't even look like Cagalli and the kids being that young would mean that the next series would still be about Kira.
>>
>>14836796
The bitch is dead, so never
Thank god
>>
File: 1256942801309.jpg (47KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1256942801309.jpg
47KB, 704x396px
>>14839826
>that arm
>>
>>14841170
>>14841033
You do realize that OP's picture is an edited fanart with the woman's hair color changed right?

Op's image is a fake.
>>
>>14839756

It was. Fukuda actually supported AthrunxCagalli and after Morosawa had long stopped being relevant (and was probably halfway into dying thinking about it) he quietly reversed their stance and said on his blog or something basically "Athrun and Cagalli's romantic relationship never ended, sorry for any confusion" and released a music video using clips from the series.
>>
>>14841769
I distinctly remember AthrunxCagalli rated as the most popular GSD couple with Nips not giving a flying fuck about Meyrin, and all of the remasters either removing her scenes or making it clear that they go their separate ways after the series.
>>
File: ring.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
ring.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
>>14841855
Here it is they even made a ring based off of it, and in the recent remaster even had Meyrin say that her and Athrun weren't together though she wishes they were, and that while she likes him, he doesn't seem interested in her.
>>
>>14841769
>>14841855
>>14841924
I guess it didn't matter that Meyrin wasn't onboard the Minerva at the end of Destiny, because her ship was sunk anyway.
>>
>>14839826
As if Cagalli could be this feminine one day.
Fuck Shippers! They distort anything and everything.
>>
>>14841924
And at the end of that CD Drama Athrun arrives to the dinner to face Meyrin, who's complaining about Athrun having troubles to apologize, just as Lunamaria is complaining that Shinn has troubles to say "I love you" (and of course Shinn has to face her too).
And there you have it! The 3 "couples" gathered in a pleasant dinner.
For me it's clear that they won't bring Athrun & Cagalli together again. But they don't dare to sink it entirely because it's so fucking popular in east and west. If they do it, then can't go on making merchandise like that ring, and, of course, making more money from obsessed and desperate fans.
>>
>>14842429
Didn't they also confirm that Athrun and Meyrin weren't together and the problem was even though she likes him, he may not feel the same way?

Not to forget Fukuda himself isn't fond of AthrunxMeyrin or just Meyrin herself, the only person that pushes them together is Morosawa and she does it not for the sake of writing but because she dislikes Cagalli's voice actress. With her gone I wouldn't hold my breath on even seeing Athrun and Meyrin in the same scene together if Destiny gets a sequel, because Morosawa is gone and Fukuda has out right stayed that he wasn't going to sink it.
>>
>>14842777
Morosawa is Fukuda's wife, they're literally Kira and Lacus. He'll do anything she want to do with the plot. (if there's ever a sequel)
>>
>>14843467
But they're also two different people. They're not always going to have the same opinion. Besides that Fukuda is the one who tends to remove all Meyrin scenes whenever Morosawa isn't involved and even made a bunch of amv for GSD where he pretended that Athrun and Cagalli were still together.

Face it he and her don't have same opinion regarding this, he's never honored it before likely he's not going to do so now since 1. It seems liked Morosawa's idea and 2. Nobody likes Meyrin outside of Morosawa.
>>
>>14843991
I like Meyrin, and I honestly prefer her being with Athrun than Cagalli.

It also leads to the situation of Shinn and Athrun being brothers-in-law, which I find funny.
>>
>>14843467
Morosawa is dead and Fukuda has gone against her ideas before. From what I heard it was Morosawa who had scenes in the Remaster altered to fit her bullshit.

If Fukuda doesn't throw away her idea (since Meyrin isn't an important character it's almost too easy to write her out) then Sunrise will.
>>
>>14844019
Too bad she's one of the most unpopular characters in GSD.

For me, my view of her is tainted by what was going on behind the scenes of GSD, the meta problem with her and Athrun hooking up, the fact that it was forced as all hell.
>>
>>14844035
Is she dead??
Really??
>>
>>14845646
Yep.
She died early this year, if I'm not remember wrongly.
>>
>>14844019
Yeah, me too.
To me, Athrun and Cagalli don't fit together as a couple.
I can't see them as a couple completely.
>>
>>14842777

>Morosawa and she does it not for the sake of writing but because she dislikes Cagalli's voice actress.

Was that even true?
>>
>>14846100
Yup, Fukuda was apparently cheating on Morosawa and she thought he was doing it with Cagalli's voice actress. Not only that but Cagalli's voice actress also called her out on the fact that she was doing everything last minute and it was getting in the way of the VA's schedule and causing problems for the production team.

Morosawa got pissed off and decided to make Cagalli shit in GSD to make her life a living hell. Then as a childish revenge lowered her screen time tried to replace Cagalli with Meyrin in the main cast (which is why you don't see Meyrin in pictures with the main characters unless Morosawa is involved- it backfired when nobody not even Fukuda cared for her). That's actually the real reason why Cagalli's VA won't involve herself in any new SEED project so long as Morosawa is there.

In other words Morosawa is unprofessional, and we basically owe Meyrin entire prominence to that unprofessionalism.
>>
>>14846650
These are simply rumors. There is bad blood there between the parties, but we don't know exactly what happened.

I like to think she was standing up for the rookie Suzumura when she began noticing how little screentime he was getting, and her souring on reprising the role has to do with how craptacular the production was.
>>
>>14846689
I believe that it was the staff that confirmed the rumors. But it could have been a lot of things, since everyone sides with Cagalli's voice actress. Morosawa also has a reputation for being unprofessional.

Cagalli's VA wasn't upset about reprising her role just Morosawa's behavior which made her dislike working there. Also from what the staff has said production was craptacular because of Morosawa.
>>
>>14846650
>>14846712
I'm not doubting you, but do you have any sources on this stuff, by chance? I've been hearing a lot more of this shit since Morosawa died and I've never been able to find anything definitive on it.
>>
>>14846712
It also kinda-sorta lines up when she started reprising the role with Battle Destiny back in 2012, which I don't think had much involvement from Morosawa or Fukada from what I remember.

Some of those lines were definitely brand new although Overworld's did sound like they were stock.
>>
>>14846650
>Yup, Fukuda was apparently cheating on Morosawa and she thought he was doing it with Cagalli's voice actress. Not only that but Cagalli's voice actress also called her out on the fact that she was doing everything last minute and it was getting in the way of the VA's schedule and causing problems for the production team.Morosawa got pissed off and decided to make Cagalli shit in GSD to make her life a living hell. Then as a childish revenge lowered her screen time tried to replace Cagalli with Meyrin in the main cast (which is why you don't see Meyrin in pictures with the main characters unless Morosawa is involved- it backfired when nobody not even Fukuda cared for her). That's actually the real reason why Cagalli's VA won't involve herself in any new SEED project so long as Morosawa is there.In other words Morosawa is unprofessional, and we basically owe Meyrin entire prominence to that unprofessionalism.

Both Morosawa and Cagalli's voice actress are fucking childish and unprofessional. Blame goes both ways.
>>
>>14846715
Because this shit is over 10 years old.
>>
File: 1286920283922.png (30KB, 1009x445px) Image search: [Google]
1286920283922.png
30KB, 1009x445px
>>14846715
One of the animation directors complained about Morosawa on his blog, but he took it down shortly thereafter and reportedly was disciplined for his action. However, the event was documented enough in Japan that it's brought up on Morosawa's Wikipedia page over there.

Rest are interviews we don't have sources on. Stuff like Andy's VA saying Fukuda was directing with a blank script.
>>
>>14846743
No it's just Morosawa who was being unprofessional. Cagalli's VA wasn't the only one who criticized Morosawa in her behavior she's just the only one that Morosawa targeted.

Deciding that you don't want to work on a project anymore because you know that the production will be shit isn't unprofessional.
>>
>>14841855
>and all of the remasters either removing her scenes or making it clear that they go their separate ways after the series.
But the HD remaster still had the final scene at the grave marker with Athrun and Meyrin walking away together.
>>
>>14846787
Morosawa was involved with the HD Remaster. But the original had Athrun still in Zaft.
>>
>>14846778
I belive that other staff members that Morosawa had worked with in the past also complained about the same thing.
>>
>>14846778
I believe the interviews were once posted on Gundam Seed forums.
>>
>>14846778
Then the problem was about production, not something personal, like cheating.
I believe production problems, not the cheating part.
>>
>>14846785
>>14846908
I can imagine what happened there.
The staff started to get bothered/annoyed by the lack of timely delivery of scripts. A lot of people got angry and spoke out loud their irritation, and the "main" voice of this was Cagalli's VA.
Morosawa then targeted her and began to have problems with her, to the point of making up that rumor of his husband having an affair with Cagalli's VA.
>>
>>14846908
Not production persay. The problem was that Morosawa was handing in scripts last minute causing problems fit the production team. The whole thing about the cheating was Morosawa's personal grudge with Cagalli's VA.
>>
>>14846785

You know, she hasn't done SRW games either despite Fukuda or his wife's lack of involvement. She just flat-out refused to reprise her role in almost any capacity for almost a decade. She just doesn't want to voice Cagalli much, and I'm willing to bet her DWG Reborn job was because she had a long-standing relationship with the DW franchise.

I remember hearing how the cast go attached to their characters in SEED, so maybe what Destiny did to Cagalli just soured her.
>>
>>14847029
>I remember hearing how the cast go attached to their characters in SEED

Yeah, that's why they changed the original ending they had planned.
>>
>>14847029
Well SRW never did anything to fix Cagalli either, they pretty much followed the script as far as her character was concerned.

>>14847045
No the ending was changed due to the popularity of the characters.
>>
>>14836796
To sum up:
We won't have any SEED sequel because:
- Sunrise/Bandai is not interested in it anymore.
- Main writer is dead.
- SEED fans are dicks and just want Kira, Lacus, Athrun, Cagalli, Lacus, Kira, Shin, Maaya Sakamoto, erhm I mean, Lunamaria, Kira and Lacus.
- SEED fans are stingy so they won't buy gunpla.
- The staff isn't not very keen to work on it again because of a number of problems during SEED and DESTINY-mainly- production.
- Cagalli's VA seems to be reluctant to replay her role.
>>
>>14851071
kill her off in the first ep, have Athrun go nuts, coordinators go to civil war and the Earth Alliance attack both at once after conquering Orb and its tech
>>
>>14851071
and also, SEED is shit
>>
>>14851071
>- SEED fans are stingy so they won't buy gunpla.

Not so much stingy as they aren't interested. The president of Bandai at the time said that they were supporting the show through DVD and CD sales, but they weren't into buying plastic models. He then went on to say that in the future, Bandai will have to create more types of products in order to appeal to such a demographic.
>>
>>14851080
From what I understand the other VA aren't too keen on reprising their roles either. Fukuda and Morosawa caused a lot of bad blood.

I know that Tanaka Riie did not have a good time.
>>
>>14851170
Tanaka's thing is that Lacus was a really hard role for her to play, due to how Lacus tries to keep her emotions under control at all times. The result, Tanaka said, was a character who didn't act human. In addition, Fukuda would go on about how "deep" she was, all this resulted in Tanaka preferring to play Meer.

Suzumura is on the record as saying Shinn's character arc was derailed, and he wasn't supposed to end up as the bad guy.
>>
Has the side character's VA ever spoken about Destiny?

Like Yzak and Dearka's, or the Extendeds?
>>
I love Destiny/
>>
>>14852566
>Suzumura is on the record as saying Shinn's character arc was derailed, and he wasn't supposed to end up as the bad guy.

He even thinks the SRW Z Shinn is the "real one in his heart".

When what's essentially a fanfic game does your characters and plot better than the actual show, you know you fucked up.
>>
>>14852876
Not to mention the guys who went to Fukuda and said "Hey sir. This game fixed your story. You're happy about this too, right?"
>>
>>14852876
What's the difference between the Shinns?
and the plot, in gemeral?
>>
>>14854864
Basically, SRW Z manages to temper Shinn's more negative aspects. The cast aren't afraid to call him out, but they also provide him with solid guidance. The guys he's with also nutshot Kira's morality, saying that while he has good intentions the way he's acting is full Simple Jack. While in later games it's confirmed Shinn sided with Durandal (and was really, really conflicted fighting his old friends), the character growth Kira went through (admitting his actions have consequences that may cause other people to suffer, which he had been turning a blind eye to in order to make things easier for him. He's realizes people are going to hate him because of his actions but still going to fight for what he believes he in, just he's going to try talking things out more) happens no matter what.

SRW Z Kira is the true Kira in my heart.
>>
>>
>>14854864
SRW Shinn is always pushed to think for himself, nobody ever makes decisions for him, and he's not surrounded by idiots who can do nothing but parrot Durandal's words. The other mecha pilots like to think and point out the obvious holes in what Durandal says and does, and to realize that nothing is simple. They basically force Shinn to begin thinking for himself and to question the world around him.
>>
>>14854933
SRW Z Shinn completely misses the point of Shinn's character: he's supposed to fail. He's deeply flawed person with some serious issues that can't simply be solved so easily. SRW Z Shinn is nothing but a bad Kamille clone whereas the actual Shinn showed what Kamille would have been if he was more screwed up and had less help.
>>
I think SRW L was my favorite rendition of the Destiny cast, because they kept trying to do the GSD plot but it kept getting snarled up by shit like 'common sense' or 'talking to other people'.
>>
File: 1323147485082.jpg (60KB, 391x539px) Image search: [Google]
1323147485082.jpg
60KB, 391x539px
>>14855123
>point of Shinn's character in GSD
Where exactly did you find the point of Shinn's character?

Because his character doesn't really have a direction, and nothing is leading up to or building up to the idea that the character is heading towards his own destruction by his own hand.

A character like Jerid from Zeta Gundam has those signs and goes through those paces. Or someone like Shaprio Keats from Dancougar, or Burn Burnings from Dunbine.
Characters that are so wrapped up in themselves, and have an inate selfishness about them, and can't get over themselves or some certain aspect about one other person, that you could see their downfall coming from a mile away. When Jerid shows up at the latter half of the series, and Kamille has already moved on to other things, you know it's not going to go well for Jerid. An asshole like Shapiro, you can see him falling from the moment he went on about being a god.

Where is any of those pacings or direction for Shinn? He doesn't have one. As the show meanders around, you get only an inate idea of what Shinn is like, and nothing ever really happens with him outside of clashing against Athrun for...really no reason at all. He hates Orb, and likes to protect people, and.
Near the end of the series, where he's now the antagonist because he's not the main character anymore, instead of showing him make a bunch of bad decisions/choices and whatnot, nothing. All they do is have them float around and shoot guns at the shooting range.
Can you even give a reason for why Shinn (or much of ZAFT for that matter) believes in the Destiny Plan? It's just an excuse for the final battle, and it's treated as such.

SRW Z didn't miss the point of Shinn. They gave him the point he was missing in the first place. Even the bloody voice actor of the character says that.

Sure, you could say "Shinn was supposed to fail!" but that's just a series of retroactive lame excuses for bad writing.
>>
>>14852566
>>14852876
You think we could start translating and archiving these interviews at some point?
>>
>>14855209
The Suzumura interview about Shinn in Z was from the Tryout magazine.

http://web.archive.org/web/20090206040310/http://srw-tryout.jp/pdf/tryout04.pdf
>>
When Gundam Seed was airing, how did Japs feel about Kira and Cagalli?
>>
>>14855208
Not him but unlike Kamille who had proper guidance from meeting other characters, all Shinn had was a wishy washy Athrun and Gil's number one lapdog.

Combine that with Shinn having the same general temperament like early Kamille, and its pretty easy to see that its highly likely that he'd trip over himself eventually.

Even Z pointed this out when the other characters had to pull up Athrun to get his shit together otherwise he can't be a good leader.
>>
>>14855359
Shinn is also not very bright, and unless someone slaps the truth in his face in such a way that makes him unable to comment.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.