[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the GBF franchise dead? How can it come back after Try?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

Is the GBF franchise dead?
How can it come back after Try?
>>
>>14827370
They could start by actually releasing the OVA that was supposed to accompany the first series. Seriously, it'd be nice to know how that's coming along.
>>
>>14827370
Try was pretty flawed, but it really wasn't as bad as you seem to think it was.
>>
>>14827518
Oh yeah, that was a thing.
I haven't heard any news about it though.
>>
>>14827518
The first ova has been out for a while
>>
At least the OVA had enough fanservice to be worth watching from that standpoint. Everything else about it was flat.

Also the 'Arian is literally an O'Neil cylinder colony' thing was cool.
>>
>>14827370
actually using teamwork on their teams, using some actual strategy? (not that military tactics take the front stage in gundam)

Maybe even objective scenarios rather then deathmatches

A Gyanko Gyan / Gusion Rebake Hybrid?

IBO suits with lazers?

More Chars

More Royal Rumbles

More Haro
>>
>>14827831
The first season was said to get an OVA after it aired. For some reason Try got its OVA before GBF did.
>>
>>14827370
Thry promised an OVA with the OG BF cast.
Where is it?
>>
Just hard reboot it. It's all that can be done after Try.
>>
File: img634.jpg (63KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
img634.jpg
63KB, 1280x720px
>>14827370
>How can it come back after Try?
Back to basics: sei/reiji back, no sekai, no karate shit, + subplots, + arian and - exias.
>>
>>14828102

I'm not against karate shit, just Sekai was the worst kind.
>>
>>14828114
The thing is, they already proved they canĀ“t do karate shit so even without Sekai I am sure they would fuck it up if they try it again.
>>
>>14828067
Scheduling conflicts for the S1 director probably. The Tey director isn't as popular or experianced so he doesn't get as much work and had a more open schedule.
>>
>>14830285

Yeah it's kinda sad because it could actually be a good concept if done properly. Like if the main character had actual doubts instead of being a complete headstrong shounen manga retard and if he actually struggled trying to implement real judo/TKD/aikido/kung fu techniques in gunpla battle trying to get around the problem of beam sniper rifles and missile barrages and funnels, and if he had to be creative and use the environment to win.

Instead Sekai is invincible, spams stock footage moves, and his moves are so strong they just blow apart the surroundings so it doesn't actually matter where he is.
>>
>>14827370
Its not dead at all. Like it or not Try kits sold and the series made money. It wasn't as wildly sucessful as the first season but it was still sucessful. And we have another OVA on the way and more kits coming out. I'd say that's pretty good for a series that ended over a year ago.
>>
>>14830328

There's basically three kinds of people who buy gunpla.

1) People who buy it because they like the characters piloting the suits.
2) People who like the suits and don't really care about the show or characters so much.
3) Kids.

Kids are buying less and less gunpla because they are more into shounenshit than robot buttling, and Try's designs and story were a huge step down from S1. Yeah, they pulled in enough on residual hype that it was a "modest success" but at the current rate it's in trouble.
>>
>>14830345
Which is why there is a new OVA on the way and if Try's OVA was any indication they may be setting up for a new series to make more off of. And with proper production and planning time they won't have to hire a literally who newbie director.

The next OVA should also be better than Island wars. The original director is returning for it and he knows how to keep Kuroda rained in as a writer instead of letting him run wild with romcom antics and love triangles.
>>
File: Alice.jpg (228KB, 600x930px) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
228KB, 600x930px
>>14828102
By actually giving some screen time to the threefold best girl, and her Alice Gundam.
>>
>>14827370
i hate it
>>
>>14830360
One wonders why if Kuroda is so bad and difficult to keep on a leash they keep hiring him.
>>
>>14830461
It's not entirely his fault though. Any writer would have struggled with the insanely short pre-production time of Try and the 3v3 gimmick Sunrise forced on him. It's a testament to his ability that the show turned out as coherent as it did.
>>
>>14830461
Because when he is teamed up with a competant director his writing is good. Its when he gets paired with a crap director who can't tell him no occasionally that he runs wild and puts out shit.
>>
>>14830461
Kuroda's a pretty seasoned writer judging by his long list of acclaimed credits (Urobutcher even sought advice from him) so I refuse to believe he was solely responsible for what happened with Try. More than likely it was Sunrise executives that got greedy after the surprise success of GBF.
>>
>>14830503
He's mostly responsible for the harem stuff. Pretty much every other problem stems from the insanely short production time.
>>
>>14830531
It's too bad the nips didn't seem to notice Fumina mom. She was easily better than her slut daughter.
>>
If gunpla s freedom then why does everyone bases their customs from the same five or so designs?
>>
>>14830531
>harem shit
>not fundamentally flawed
Pick one and only one.
>>
>>14827370
I just wish more existing kits get more inputs for HGBF redesign from their own respective designers like Ebikawa did.
>>
>>14830897
i wish naoki could rein in his zeta/hyaku shiki boner
>>
>>14827370
Mass-scale battles like the one in Fumina's introduction in TRY. That lets you do theme teams a lot better.

>OPERATOR team with various customized GM-derivatives
>SIEG ZEON team with the usual mix of Zeekshit
>F91 team with mixed Fed/Crossbone Vanguard stuff because they don't have enough people for separate teams
>SEED team where all the people are shit
>X team of Daughtress Hi-Mos with an Ennil El clone as leader
>IBO team of melee-only
>>
>>14828102
How about a side battle where an adult chaperone not too interested in Gundam or Gunpla ends up fistfighting a 1/12 RX-78-2, getting him interested in the hobby at the end?
>>
>>14831110
The 1/12 rx78 is shorter than a Japanese woman. Wouldn't be much of a fight even for a asian man.
>>
>>14831129

It would if it shot lasers at him.
>>
>>14831138
You mean holograms made of plavsky particles that just look like beams.
>>
>>14831152

They could be real in his mind.
>>
Maybe they can do a storyline like that old Stallone movie Over The Top and the new series can be about a bored dad who used to be a gunota but then lost his way having to get a real job. But then he discovers gunpla battle and uses it to reconnect with his gay-looking shota SEEDfag son.
>>
>>14827370
A new set of non-insufferable characters would be a good start. Having Gunpla Battle function as an actual game with rules and limits rather than a proof of concept with with a game built around it would help to dial back on any potential galaxy-busting weapons and any Plavsky powered bullshit, too. And this is just an idea I had, but how about certain characters having different suits for different terrain?
I remember there being an idea in one of the previous threads about having the MC already be into plamo, but not Gunpla, but they get into it in order to play Gunpla Battle. That seems like an interesting idea for a character and an even better one for potential custom suits.
>>
>>14828102
>+arian
Why? Sei was clearly the better of him & Reiji. I'd rather have Felini.
>>
The power levels need to be reigned in quite a bit. Try took it way too far. They should really just ignore Try and do something else.
>>
>>14831618
Let's simplify this: The entire S1 cast was better than the entire cast of Try.
>>
>>14831660

This. After 1 season where the action was semi-grounded and the most crazy shit you saw was basically a bigger Shining Finger Sword, we have a second season where the ending literally goes Naruto with giant spirit animals making explosions visible from space that blow up moons. You cannot recover from something like that. It would be like going from Dragon Ball to Dragon Ball Z Buu Saga. Build Fighters basically can't progress unless Try is retconned out of existence or the whole thing is rebooted.
>>
>>14831159
>SEEDfag son
pls no. I don't even care if the son has a crossdressing episode for a father/daughter tournament, just give the MC a different series to build off of.
>>
File: 20160902212134580.jpg (48KB, 796x900px) Image search: [Google]
20160902212134580.jpg
48KB, 796x900px
GBFT was not that bad, for some reason people enjoyed hating it. One of those internet things.
>>
>>14832221

There is inevitably some shithead like you who claims it was "not that bad" and anyone who hated it was just following a trend.

How about you actually back it up? If it was "not that bad," what was so good about it? Do you have anything besides some shitty waifunigger excuses? I doubt it, since you opened with a pic of Fumina, the character who was so useless she was introduced as the lead and then stopped being relevant by the second episode.

It was garbage. And the funny thing is that when GBF was announced, everyone moaned in agony, saying it was going to be some kiddy Pokemon anime-tier trash, that Gundam was dead, that it would be worse than AGE. And by the end of the season, the show was as universally loved as it's ever going to get on /m/. Collages were made. People who have been watching mecha anime since the 80s and never touched a kit got into the hobby because of it. When Try was announced, everyone cheered.

Try took that goodwill and rammed it into the ground so hard, that by episode 18 every single Try general until the end of the series started with "what went wrong?" and got 800 replies all answering what went wrong, and there was new wrong shit every week, and it kept getting worse and worse.

So fuck off.
>>
>>14832242
At some point (I wanna say around the time Shia was introduced) it was just fun to see how more they could fuck up the series. The way Try strayed so far away from what made GBF enjoyable went from rage inducing to plain fun after I realized it was all going downhill episode after episode.
In that sense I guess Try WAS entertaining. A true trainwreck.
I don't think the reception would have been the same if the first series wasn't so loved.
>>
>>14830900
>I have never watched Nadesico
>>
>>14832283
>Trying to fit in this hard
Oh lord.. can we just all admit it was okay and fun while it lasted instead of being edge lords?
Seriously edge lords is way worse i don't know how no one gets that.

This shit slinging and bashing over even saying the word mediocre towards try is so fucking cringe worthy why does no one get this isn't acceptable behavior.
>>
>>14830900
Harem wouldn't be so bad if studios manned up and did actual harem. The kind were every girl wants the MCs dick but are okay sharing and the relationships actually go somewhere.

Try's harem hijinks were the annoying shitty kind.
I remember people saying that there was no point in the harem stuff since Fumina would win in the end but we didn't even get that.
>>
>>14832305
>Oh lord.. can we just all admit it was okay and fun while it lasted instead of being edge lords?

But it wasn't. It wasn't even okay. It was legitimately crappy. It was so crappy that no one was having fun watching it, which is why the threads about every episode eventually became so bitter. Again, if it was so fun, if all these people are just exaggerating, how about you back it up? Because there's an ocean of reasons out there as to why it was shit, and now you are flying in the face of all that and your sole reason is simply because your dumb, smarmy ass says so.

Most likely you're just shitposting, but no one is pissed off because you have shit taste or are pretending to be retarded. It was just a crap show.
>>
In the last 10 years the only good Gundam anime were 00 S1 and BF
>>
>>14832305
And by okay i mean like a saturday morning cartoon kind of okay.

You watch it you're done with it and you had your fill. Shit was okay and not worth this constant effort of slandering. Seriously it would save yourselves the headache if you just gave up the shit slinging and you could go watch something more worth your time.

Not like i expect this to go any further then
>oldmanyellsatcloud.jpeg
inb4 i'm directed towards reddit.
>>
>>14832242
>>14832318
>being this assblasted over a toy commercial

Why are you taking this so seriously? Did Try kill your dog? Are you okay?
>>
>>14832305
>>14832344

But the people who hated Try liked BF1, which was lighthearted and had an entire episode devoted to shitting on edgelords who take things too serious. So where's this "edgelord" shit coming from? Are you retarded?
>>
>>14832352
Bad example since /m/ hated the outcome of the Renatos fight, specially Ral's speech.
Then again /m/ also liked the more wacky stuff like the baseball episode and giant Zaku so i guess the board can appreciate both but not have one be shitted on.
>>
>>14832318
>but no one is pissed off because you have shit taste or are pretending to be retarded. It was just a crap show.
It saves me from a headache of attempting to reason with morons.

I had someone argue with me about this last year acting like i was scum of the earth and shit for saying the series was mediocre this is pretty much what nailed the final nail in the coffin for me.
>>
Pretty much before any Gundam series airs, /m/ is bitching full force about how it looks like shit and is very rarely optimistic. Try reversed all that, people were talking about how great the first season was and how excited they were for this one, the things they wanted referenced, speculating about how the characters would be, discussing how neat Build Burning and GM Cardigan and even Lightning Gundam were. The pre-airing hype that Try had was like nothing before on /m/ so I don't know how people can say that /m/ is just a bunch of sour edgelords wanting to go in and hate the show. Everyone wanted to like the show, that's why people watched the fucking show. It's a testament to how bad the show was that it pissed all this excitement away to the point where people were going "i-it'll get better after the first cour, right? they're just building it up, right?" until episode 15 and then afterwards there was essentially no way to defend it, people were simply watching to see how low it could go, for completion, or to share in /m/'s collective pain.

I mean it really does not get any worse than the sheer despair and bitterness of Try Generals in the last 10 eps or so of the show.
>>
>>14832348
>Only series like G gundam even Domon shows up
>Angry mob chases off Frankenstein/Try
At least we can all agree the anime ja nai moment and Tryon 3 was great. Right?
>>
>>14832242
>dat post

You got some issues.
>>
Still waiting for merchandise of the other girls
>>
>>14827370
Lol I thank try for existing so you fags could get mad.
>>
>>14832387
Well that explains why I liked it since I was pessimistic.
>>
File: 1416445445332.gif (852KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1416445445332.gif
852KB, 480x270px
>>14832387

>I mean it really does not get any worse than the sheer despair and bitterness of Try Generals in the last 10 eps or so of the show.

Looks like someone forgot about how /m/ basically imploded when FLAWLESS VICTORY happened and AGE Device was introduced
>>
>>14831667
Wxcept for China.
>>
File: 58716426_p0.png (489KB, 619x806px) Image search: [Google]
58716426_p0.png
489KB, 619x806px
>>14830597
>"I'm not here to do that sort of thing!"
>"I am."

I loved thirsty Shia.

>>14834200
I just want my goddamn Shia figure already.
>>
>>14834863
She was so unremarkable in the show they had to make her the cat character. Amazing.
>>
>>14832242
>that it would be worse than AGE
>le AGE is bad meme
>>
>>14834863
Is that outfit age appropriate?
>>
>>14836624
Of course.
>>
>>14836584
She started out as a fun inversion of the rei-clone, in that while see seemed like an alien ice queen initially, she was instead crafty and fun.

Her becoming a cat character was both out of nowhere and bizarre. So perfect for Japan.
>>
File: 18755378964.jpg (171KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
18755378964.jpg
171KB, 1000x1500px
>>14832221
>b-but the waifus, dude
I also fap to them but that doesn't make the show good at all.
>>
>>14832412
tryon 3 was the only saving grace
>>
>>14827540
Try was fine when it wasn't trying to force people into liking Sekai.

So yeah about 5mins of the series was good.
>>
File: IMG_20161015_160747.jpg (282KB, 1079x1691px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161015_160747.jpg
282KB, 1079x1691px
>>
I remember when the MEIJIN appeared and said what was wrong, and everyone thought the show was getting better.....then Shia appeared and it was all haremshit and asspull victories
I cried when Tryon3 lost because shit
>>
>>14827370
Komatsu isn't coming back.
Reiji's seiyuu has to hide Reiji's name in her message to Komatsu.
Hayami's recording was for Try.
OVA is said to be Meijin focused.
Everything else is Meijin spinoff.

Gunpla anime is freedom.
>>
>>14832365
/m/ was rather bitchy through much of S1. Muh build knuckle, muh why didn't Aila dodge, etc.
>>
>>14831667
But anon, S1 had no Ms girls. Nobody constructed a Super Aila & ate most of their enemies.
>>
>>14830921
He also has a bit of a Delta boner, too.

The Mega Shiki was literally a bluish-purple Delta Gundam cosplaying as a Hyaku Shiki, and had a mini Mega Rider strapped to its back.

He designed the Lunagazer, which is Lady Meijin's ORIGINAL GUNPLA DO NOT STEAL from the Amazing Ready manga, which takes place between S1 and Try, iirc. That one is basically a Stargazer-flavored Delta Gundam.

But yeah, I wish he'd stray away from the Zeta/Delta/Hyaku Shiki body-style more often when designing stuff for Gundam Build Fighters-related things.
>>
>>14841832
But the Super Fumina kit looks like shit out of the box.

Better to not have an official MS Girl kit at all than a shit one.
>>
>>14841968
>MS Girl kit
>kit
>not actual MS girl from show which was lovingly crafted
>>
>>14827370
Have the main characters suck at building gunpla and improve over time including, frequent upgrades and partswapping to fit the situation. No 3 v 3 it stretches everything too thin. An interest for gunpla needs to be there too. No harem bulshit, and no pairing off literally all the characters in relationships. More zeon grunts customs as main suits, not even the meijin gets anything like that anymore and he is a CHAR_ Less beam spam, finishers and shit, and no one sided matches. Fuck Aila's Quebeley and the main try trio shitasses. More heart and spirit. More gundam references like in season one.
>>
>>14831075
Instead of 3 v 3 we need a series that has warhammer tabletop like games that simulate a real mobile suit war. Its probably too complex for a shounen animu though.
>>
>>14842075
>Fuck Aila's Quebeley
But anon, I can't fuck a mobile suit.
>>
>>14842080
Just as long as we don't have GW level prices.
>>
>>14842075
The Quebeley Papilion should have been a P-Bandai

The sticker fest is awesome.
>>
>>14842080
A Gundam wargame would be interesting, especially taking customs into account, but it would have to be a lot slower paced than even BF's 1v1 matches
>>
>Ms Girl
>Meido
>Superior Titans Forces, gas the Zeeks, we space war now

If we can't have more vanilla Build Fighters, can we just ditch Build Fighters Try and have Saikyo Kidou Tryon III instead?
>>
>>14827370
I see constant love for GBF on twitter, people still like it and want more of it.
It is Try that is dead.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.