[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is there so much rape in devilman lady? Why is she called

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (166KB, 1456x1035px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
166KB, 1456x1035px
Why is there so much rape in devilman lady?

Why is she called Devilman Lady over just Devillady?
Why are demons biological now?
>>
>>14827081
iirc "Devilman" becomes the general descriptor in the comics for those who have merged with demons but kept their humanity
>>
>>14827084

I get that but her name came from devilman the character not the term. Asuka even says "you look like that one dude called devilman"
>>
>>14827081
>Why is there so much rape in devilman lady?
Go "if there's no rape and no bikes it's not a good manga" Nagai.
>Why is she called Devilman Lady over just Devillady?
Every spin off has the word "Devilman" in the title. I assume Nagai thought it "Devilman Lady" sounded cooler than something like "Devillady: Devilman with boobs".
>Why are demons biological now?
Weren't they always biological? Like wasn't there in the original something about how every demon has a bunch of different cells (vegetal, animal, etc) in their bodies?
>>
>>14827109
Because the original devilman name is a legacy?
>>
>>14827081
Unrelated to what OP but looking back I don't know why poeple said YHVH was so bad here, I mean when we are shown the original version of the world with the demons all they did was just murder and rape one another, why would God be wrong to utterly nuke the shitheads and put a less retarded race in its place?
>>
>>14827199
Because YHVH is actually Demiurge.
>>
Oh, a Devilman thread! I have been meaning to ask: where do I start with Devilman? I know there's the original manga, an anime and some OVAs.
>>
>>14827109
But Asuka is also the one who first uses the term "Devilman", which the H.A adopts.
>>
>>14827293
Just start with the original manga. It's also pretty much the best thing in the franchise.
>>
>>14827281
Was it ever said that he was that in Devilman? I honestly don't remember and even then he does treat humanity pretty well compared to Satan
>>
>>14827293
Unless you really love it only the original and shin devilman is worth reading. I guess Amon: Devilman Apocalypse is kind of worth reading but everyone seems to be really mixed on it.
>>
My personal opinion probably don't matter, but I found all manga of Devilman perfect.

The original by Nagai is clearly the top, but Devilman Lady is also amazing. It is far longer, yes. It's a sequel done extremely well.

Too bad that the original OVA was never concluded. It was different in instances, yes, but it was for me acceptable. And Yoshiko "Haman" Sakakibara as Silene was the best choice ever!

The Amon OVA was okay-ish. The manga here is clearly superior.
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 728x1066px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 728x1066px
>>14827316
I'd also say some side stories of Neo Devilman are essential especially pic related
>>
I wanna watch Devilman Vs Cyborg 009 but i havent read/watched Cyborg 009. Where do i start with cyborg 009? The original manga isnt fully translated and there are like a million anime series.
>>
>>14827316
devilman lady is best you fag
>>
>>14827501
>The original manga isnt fully translated
you only need to read the first 10 volumes.

That's the original ending anyway, before fans revolted and asked for more.
>>
>>14827081
Why not? The edginess is half of the fun of Devilman and with a female protagonist it was inevitable.

>>14827293
>where do I start with Devilman?
Read the original manga and then you can just read or watch whatever you want. The canon sequels are Devilman Lady and Devilman Saga (only 1 volume scanlated).

>>14827501
>Where do i start with cyborg 009?
What this guy said:
>>14827550
But you can also watch the 2001 anime if you can find it.
>>
>>14827711
except the crossover is based on the manga.

The 2001 anime uses Artemis in the Mythos arc, instead of Helena.
>>
>>14827782
Well, true, I had forgotten. So I change my recommendation to: read the manga, but the 2001 anime is the next best thing IMO.
>>
>>14827081

She is a Devilman named Lady. This isn't hard stuff.
>>
>>14827081
Because Devilman Lady is a piece of horseshit and modern Nagai art sucks.
>>
>>14827293
The original manga is the only thing worth your time.
>>
>>14827316
>shin devilman
>worth reading
>>
>>14828240
>shin devilman
>not worth reading
The dumb Hitler story and the finale make it worth just based on those two.
Joanne d'Arc story is fun and Goddess adventure has nice Ryo characterization so that's also nice.
I don't care about the murrikan one but some people do so whatever.
>>
>>14828347
>has nice Ryo characterization
has neat Ryo characterization
>>
I will never get the hate for Shin Devilman, its fun as fuck, even more for those who like history.
>>
>>14827081
anyone else who had their first exposure to the Devilman franchise be through the Devillady anime?

also this reminds me that I need to get back to watching the original Devilman anime, have had it since July and I've only watched a handful of episodes
>>
>>14828373
It's stupid, pointless and doesn't even fit into the first manga's continuity.
>>
>>14828373
Personaly I found it boring as fuck. And dumb on top of it.
>>
>>14827081
Japan.
Japan.
>Why are demons biological now?
Dispite what continuity poofs reckon, Devilman Lady is it's own story and is not a 'canon sequel' to Devilman. Don't try to fit pieces of different puzzles together.
>>
>>14828214
Fuck off busterbeam
>>
>>14828480
Shin Devilman is volume 3 of Devilman. It's not a separate manga.
>>
>>14829732
It's not part of the original manga, it was inserted later. It's stupid, pointless and doesn't even fit into the first manga's continuity.
>>
>>14830382
I like it, who cares if it's stupid? Journey of the mind is more important.
>>
>>14830809
>I like it
No one asked about that.
>>14828373 said
>I will never get the hate for Shin Devilman,
So I answered why someone would hate it. No one cares what you like.
>>
>>14830816
>So I answered why someone would hate it.
These people are dumb.

They're reading Go Nagai. He writes stupid shit in the name of entertainment, granted Shin Devilman was actually written by Yasutaka Nagai.

Why get into Go Nagai if you don't like gore and rape, or don't like plots that involve ancient civilisations? Nobody claimed Go Nagai is for everyone.
>>
>>14830869
>you can't dislike this if you're a true nagai fan fallacy
>go nagai is dumb anyway lel tier post
Terrible.
>>
>>14830869
>Nobody claimed Go Nagai is for everyone.

And yet. some of his delusional fanboys claims he's just way too sophisticated for our simple minds to understand. Seriously.
>>
>>14830959
>he's just way too sophisticated for our simple minds to understand
You literally made that up, Pablo.
>>
>>14830918
>implying Go Nagai manga is not dumb and stupid
>>
>>14830985
Check the last Susanoo thread. If you don't like it, you're dumb and anti-intellectual.
>>
File: 1453916677260.jpg (169KB, 736x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1453916677260.jpg
169KB, 736x1050px
Fuck shitposters of the Italian variety in particular
>>
>>14828214
>modern Nagai art is slightly better.

fix'd
>>
Imagine the backlash people would have against Nagai these days if he was ever really popular in America. He would be considered just as lame as Power Rangers, Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon or Pokemon, since that's what overexposure does. But because he was never liked by anyone, it just sounds cool to like him
>>
>>14831120
I thought italian posters were hated because they liked Nagai too much. Doesn't that contradict your post?
>>
>>14831133
It's only one Italian and the problem is his shitposts. Mario, please.
>>
>>14831120
>caring about what burgers have to say
Fuck off Steve
>>
>>14831133
Italians hate Nagai. Mario please.
>>
>>14831133
>I thought italian posters were hated because they liked Nagai too much.

What world do you live in?
>>
>>14831007
Fuck off Pablo
>>
The only people who dislike nagai are sjw cucked nu males

Trump got this
>>
>>14831258
Nice argument.
>>
>>14831258
Fuck off fujifruit.
>>
>>14831757
That's not me, pablo
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.