[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shin Godzilla

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 365
Thread images: 62

File: N5xZSyK.jpg (247KB, 786x1101px) Image search: [Google]
N5xZSyK.jpg
247KB, 786x1101px
It starts airing today in American theaters. Are you going to watch it? Report back if you do.
>>
Toho Kingdom made me lose my joy in kaiju movies unfortunately
>>
>>14826675
Seeing it Thursday with my bro.
>>
File: 1464126204291.png (17KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1464126204291.png
17KB, 600x600px
>>14826675
There's already a thread, why did you make a new one?

>>14828065
This is bait.
>>
>>14826675
Watched it. It's a militaristic right-wing mess about how great the JSDF is and how they should rearm Japan, that takes every chance it has to insult the US, and depicts women as either sociopaths (the minister and the scientist) or drooling idiots (the "American" lady who can't speak English) while all the problems are solved by tall clever handsome supercompetent men. It's misogynistic to the core and echoes all the problems in Japanese society, especially in the mindset of shut-in loser otaku like the director, Anno. One of the worst movies I've ever seen, period. It's not even a real kaiju movie, because 99% of the film is just Anno soapboxing his politics using bad actors as mouthpieces. There's barely any acting, because the people in the film just constantly spew out non-stop political rhetoric, which takes the place of any form of plot. What little monster action there is in the film is abyssmal- Godzilla's first form is hilariously out of place and despite being CG somehow manages to look like a bad puppet from a black and white era film. The CG in general is pathetic, and what little practical effects there are looks like a child playing with his toy trains. Godzilla himself starts off looking intimidating enough but falls victim to the bad CG when he starts moving faster and shooting lasers at the beginning of the second act. The film has no climax either, as the biggest confrontation is midway through the film, while the final confrontation is done by force-feeding the big lizard some sort of chemical through giant straws mounted on cement trucks. It's so cheap that it's just sad. I am very disappointed.
>>
>>14826675
I just got back from seeing it. I's good, watch it.
>>
File: RX7pl8.png (72KB, 273x561px) Image search: [Google]
RX7pl8.png
72KB, 273x561px
In the theater right now. There's maybe 25 people in here 15 minutes before the movie starts. Also the movie isn't even listed in the showings here. My theater doesn't give a shit about godzilla :(
>>
File: 2qdd9Xm.png (332KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
2qdd9Xm.png
332KB, 624x480px
>>14826675
Just watched it, goddamn that was great

>all the fucking beams coming out of its back

I came
>>
>>14828093

Whenever someone complains about muhsoggyknees or right wing jingoism I know I'm for a treat of a movie.

Thank you based Anno for triggering tumblr-faggots.
>>
File: 1473830579814.jpg (161KB, 625x560px) Image search: [Google]
1473830579814.jpg
161KB, 625x560px
>>14828093
>>
Just came back from it.

Holy fucking shit that was goddamn amazing.Those shots of the city after he takes out the power are fucking beautiful.
>>
>>14826675
Anno should stick to live action if this is what he is capable of. Most of his animated work is garbage.
>>
>>14829108
(You)
>>
Man, some scenes looked amazing, and others looked like crap. The cgi trains were disgusting to look at. And the cinematography was awful. Other then that it was a fine movie.

Still waiting on the Zilla people explanation.
>>
>>14826675
Yup going on thursday night
>>
>>14828928
You are seriously conflating what would be seen as militaristic in other countries and what is militaristic in a Japanese context.

The point about direct military force achieving nothing or that they emphasize the importance of disaster relief don't actually matter... A lot of right wings don't hold the belief that the JSDF is powerful, but rather that they are underpowered. That's one of the main beliefs behind the movement to amend Article 9 - the JSDF as it is isn't strong enough.

The fact that the JSDF exists at all is a matter of controversy, and would be a bigger controversy than they are if they weren't useful for disaster relief. The disaster relief aspect is a major argument for the existence of the JSDF, so emphasizing that point like they do in this movie is not an anti- but rather, if anything, a pro-militaristic talking point.

Then you have the rousing speech before the climax... Where the main character basically tells the camera that the JSDF is the hope and future of Japan. That was an extreme statement that I have to say caught me a bit off guard.

In general, the JSDF is portrayed in a very positive light in this movie. Even though the direct attack fails, they are depicted as trying their best which counts for a lot in Japanese culture, and it is still them that does most of the work for, and put their lives on the line for, the final operation that actually succeeds.

Now the JSDF actually has recruitment posters with Shin Goji on them. The JSDF thinks this is a pro-military movie. You'd have to be pretty blind to Japanese politics if you think this wasn't a pro-military movie.
>>
>>14828928
The prime minister is extremely indecisive about order the helicopters to open fire. This is because Japan has a peace clause in its constitution and takes weapon usage really seriously. In real life, this is a major political topic in Japan right now as the very right-wing Prime Minister Abe wants to revise the constitution to give Japan the most military autonomy it’s had since WWII.

The US military offers to step-in and help, and after some hesitation the Prime Minister agrees. This harkens to another major political hot topic in real-life Japan today: the right-wing government and its supporters feel that Japan is overly dependant on the US military and needs to get more military, political, and economic autonomy in order to be a truly legitimate international player.
>>
File: what the fuck fandango.jpg (34KB, 340x257px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck fandango.jpg
34KB, 340x257px
>>14829268
Yes, but why is any of that bad?
>>
>>14829268
>Now the JSDF actually has recruitment posters with Shin Goji on them.
you claimed this in the other thread post pics or fuck off
>>
>>14829332
Pics were already posted in the other thread, are you retarded?
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 594x594px
>>14828928
>>14828959
It's pasta based on some Reveiw made by some salty ass "pillar of the community" who couldn't get on set during production

The fact that they're bitching about the politics is laughable, we used to laugh at the people who called Biollante and king Ghidorah "anti American" because a few Americans were not on the good side of the protagonists
>>
File: norman england 2.png (411KB, 639x373px) Image search: [Google]
norman england 2.png
411KB, 639x373px
>>14829368
>It's pasta based on some Reveiw made by some salty ass "pillar of the community" who couldn't get on set during production

norman england
>>
>>14829374
Yeah I know, I just figured a few people ITT were from the other one and were up to speed
>>
File: norman england.png (1MB, 1920x803px) Image search: [Google]
norman england.png
1MB, 1920x803px
>>14829368
>>14829374
>>
>>14829374
who even cares what the fag's name is
he's a dumbass and he missed the whole fucking point of the movie
>>
>>14829381
Norman England is a life-long Godzilla fan and former reporter for Fangoria magazine who has spent months on “Godzilla” film sets and saw “Shin Godzilla” last month at a special industry screening. He notes a dramatic departure in the new film from the series’ traditional pacifistic stance. “This is the first film in the series to go for the jugular in trying to elicit rah-rah support for the military and sympathy for the government,” England says, likening the film’s not-so-subtle nationalism to the blatant flag-waving found in Roland Emmerich’s 1996 sci-fi epic “Independence Day.” "Godzilla was originally imagined as a metaphor for the horrors of war and the devastation war brings to people."
>>
>>14829390
>"Godzilla was originally imagined as a metaphor for the horrors of war and the devastation war brings to people."
If he's mad about that I hate to break it to him but that ship sailed about half a century ago
>>
>>14829390
cool pasta
doesn't make him not a fag who missed the entire fucking point

maybe he should cry more about not getting free trips to the set to suck dick for scoops
>>
>>14828816
nice RX78, you drew it?
>>
That was pretty damn good.
>>
File: 1462892935534.jpg (164KB, 656x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1462892935534.jpg
164KB, 656x1024px
>>14829128
>And the cinematography was awful.
I thought the way it was shot was one of the better parts of the film. Why did you come to that conclusion?

Also, a theory floating around was that the little dudezillas were the winged form they mentioned earlier in the movie.
>>
Good climax, but it spent so much time going through the same motions of every other Godzilla reboot that it became a little monotonous.
Considering the unorthodox designs, it was actually a pretty play-by-the-books Godzilla movie. But once the atomic breath went off it all felt like it was worth it. I'd say it's about tied with Legendary Godzilla for me.
>>
File: 1475817560400.png (27KB, 650x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1475817560400.png
27KB, 650x1136px
What's with the outright hatred some are directing towards Shin Godzilla? The more I hear and see about it, the more it seems like an Ishiro Honda film made with modern effects and infused with some of Hideaki Anno's sensibilities. A love letter to the early days of the franchise without being overly derivative (TFA). It sounds like the most inspired, ambitious and entertaining Godzilla film (American or Japanese) in decades.
>>
>>14829128
>The cgi trains were disgusting to look at.
I thought they were okay till they came at him from both sides, and started tangling around him like spaghetti before exploding.
>>
>>14829843
one: "too much talking"
two: one review by some asshole that people are trying to get toho kingdom levels of attention
>>
>>14829843
I don't know If ambitious really fits the bill. It's a good movie but it doesn't seem to seek to bring Godzilla into unknown territory like a lot of people assumed it would due to Anno's involvement.
Most complaints I see about it are things common in many Toho Godzilla movies. Talking head bureaucrats, questionable CG and slow pacing are things present in a good chunk of Godzilla movies. I wonder if there people just haven't seen another one in a long time.
>>
Any Ausfags here?

It's premiering tomorrow. Shame it's only on Event. Fuck paying 18 bucks for a movie.
>>
I'm waiting for a new monster fight movie. Don't care about this grimdark shit.
>>
>>14829411
>who missed the entire fucking point
Please elaborate on the point he missed.
>>
>>14829268
With that said, why is that even a problem? Japanese mindset has gone far from the extreme nationalist stance like during the IJ era. They have evolved into a more humanist mindset. So the strengthening of their army is for the safety of their people. Heck China and North Korea threatens them all the time, is it wrong for them to man up and protect themselves?

Or is this came from you, a true patriot of American who find anybody becoming stronger, no matter the reason is threatening to your status as world power? Are you really that insecure?
>>
>>14829883
thank you anon, you said it! That's the point of Anno!

The USA shouldn't feel insecure. Japan is not their child. Furthermore if the USA can't accept that, that's their problem.

Japan was always being that way. They wanted to stand on their own!
>>
So now that Shin Gojira is revealed to be a SUPPORT OUR TROOP PRO-JAPAN right wing movie, can we drive out the marxist parasites already?
>>
>>14829883
>>14829911
Yes, time for re-armament.

ALLIANCE WITH PUTIN NOW!

AK74M FOR EVERYONE!
>>
>>14828093

You've just described typical Japanese B-rate science fiction films. They've been that way since the 1950s. What did you think, they you were getting the Japanese equivalent of a Hollywood worldwide blockbuster ? Lol.
>>
>>14829941
I love how the leftists try to deflect right-wingness.
>>
>>14829935
that's not what I said, pal. Putin is a kind of necessary, but still not good.
>>
>>14826675
Saw it at 7:30, I really need more time to stew and I probably need to see it a couple more times, but I don't think this movie cracks my top 5 Godzilla movies.Despite my overall "meh" feelings regarding the movie I don't see the problem with it's generally militaristic tone. I can see where Anno is coming from with the idea that WWII happened a long time ago and that the endless "post-war" period hamstrings Japan to a degree. Not sure why people are saying it shits on the US, it just wants the US to give Japan more space. Sure, it's France that gets the nuclear deadline pushed back, but it's waves of clearly marked American drones that deplete Godzilla's radioactive breath to the point where the SDF can blow up the buildings and the tankers can move in.

It was a pretty middle of the road Godzilla movie. Not great, not terrible just ok.
>>
>>14829883
it's just another facet of american "exceptionalism": usa is, among the other things, the only country allowed to be patriotic and make patriotic movies (and a lot of them too); when others do it, it's bad.
>>
>>14829965
Putin has something that USA cannot give Japan.

Fucking weapons, guns, rockets and missiles. At cheap prices.
>>
>>14829974
Oh please, leftists hate any movies with kind of patriotism, less it be the fucking USSR, and even then the USSR's civic nationalism would still be criticized.
>>
>>14829975
Japan can build it's own weapons. See history.
>>
>>14829978
It can build licensed versions, but it's cheaper to just buy from Rossiya.
>>
>>14829975
Why would Putin do something like that when it would place him in direct opposition to the PRC which hates Japan so much that they still have violent riots every couple of years based solely around hating Japan?
>>
>>14829990
Because it makes him money, duh.

In retrospect, if through arm deal that China and Japan's relationship can be mended, there would be peace in Asia.
>>
>>14829966
I wonder if these people also missed the two scenes where the US politicians are either noting with sympathy the lack of time to evacuate or even arguing against using nuclear weapons at all.

The only real "unfair" bit of the movie is the US researchers being introduced only to do nothing and then be the ones talking about how nuclear power will save them (while also just getting up and leaving from the meeting without contributing anything).

The rest of the movie is rather even handed for this kind of plot, addressing the rather appropriate concerns about US interventionism, the current nature of Japan's government as a result of WWII restructuring, and the sheer practical usefulness of the US's industry. A good portion of the films critique is aimed squarely at Japan. You want to see "rah rah Japan, boo boo USA," go watch GATE.
>>
>>14829996
Forget it. The PRC would utterly destroy Japan if they want it. They want to cause chaos, in which they could intervene and proclaim themselves as innocents.

Ancient China was a great cultural country, but it killed themselves, when they accepted the communism.

Furthermore there are no innocence in this world.
>>
>>14830003
>and the sheer practical usefulness of the US's industry.
It's only useful because Japan isn't allowed to have a true military force.
>>
>>14830006
We are thinking as China as ultimate evil, but that's not true.

China is just being pragmatic, as it has always been in its imperial history.

A stronger Pacific means a joint force between Phillipines - China - Japan - Russia.
>>
>>14829996
>In retrospect, if through arm deal that China and Japan's relationship can be mended, there would be peace in Asia.

an arms deal isn't going to mend relations between the PRC and Japan. Russia selling Japan weapons isn't going to get them to give up the Senkaku Islands to China and it certainly isn't going to make the Chinese stop hating Japan. Plus it's not like Sino-Japanese relations are the only thing disrupting "peace in Asia". India isn't a fan of being squeezed between increasingly China and Russia friendly Pakistan and Bangladesh, and the Vietnamese want a Fifth Chinese domination of Vietnam like they want a hole in their heads. This is really getting into /pol/ or I maybe /int/ territory though
>>
>>14829990
>the PRC which hates Japan so much that they still have violent riots every couple of years based solely around hating Japan?

Those "riots" are as fake as Trump's hair. The people apparently do feel a grudge against the Japanese, but the PRC turns those protests on and off in accordance with their current agenda.
>>
>>14826675
Saw it tonight in Seattle and this along with the Legendary one made me realize to never ever go see Godzilla in theaters again because for whatever reason people in Washington can't stop fucking laughing at almost EVERYTHING holy fuck was it infuriating.
>>
>>14830011
The islands are just dick waving really, both China and Japan just need to step down a notch and acknowledge the similar and differences. Some arm deals here, some apologizes there, money being made and suddenly everyone is friends!

>India isn't a fan of being squeezed between increasingly China and Russia friendly Pakistan and Bangladesh,
They have no choice in the matter, even then India is friendly with Russia in the matter.
> and the Vietnamese want a Fifth Chinese domination of Vietnam like they want a hole in their heads.
As a Vietnamese myself, there is no choice here, when the pinoys turn Red, the Viet has no choice but to follow the direction, we are surrounded by all chink-friendly countries.
>>
>>14830007
>It's only useful because Japan isn't allowed to have a true military force.

They do have the most modern force on their side of te world, and it's somewhat oversized for their nation too, they just aren't allowed to invade countries because the voters want to see darkies suffer.
>>
>>14830019
Not fucking really.

South Korea, China, and even Vietnam and Phillipines have bigger armies in relative to population.

Modernity can be argued, but technology means nothing without the number to back it up.
>>
>>14829977
>Oh please, leftists hate any movies with kind of patriotism, less it be the fucking USSR, and even then the USSR's civic nationalism would still be criticized.

There is a difference between being patriotic and being the serf of the military industrial complex. Most american war films are just the propaganda arm of the Pentagon.
How do you suppose the filmmajers get access to all the fancy military hardware? Yep, you've got to tow the line. Very few american filmmakers make war movies without any kind of assistance from the Pentagon.

As for Japan, most japanese don't want to do away with article 9. It's Abe and his right party (with the diplomatic push of the fucking americans) that's responsable for the re-emergence of an aggressive Japan.

It's a pity that Shin Gozilla ends up being the mouthpiece for yet another militaristic ideology.
Fuck Anno and his pro-militaristic views.
>>
>>14829883
Idiot. America WANTS Japan to remilitarise. That way they can be dragged in as cannon fodder for America's next cluster fuck in the Middle East.
>>
>>14830017
>They have no choice in the matter,
They are the second largest nation on earth and are the second largest arms recipient from the US. They very much do have a choice in the matter.
>even then India is friendly with Russia in the matter.
increasingly less so, New Delhi is being very vocal about not being happy about Russo-Pakistani military exercises amid the increasing tensions between India an Pakistan.

> there is no choice here, when the pinoys turn Red, the Viet has no choice but to follow the direction

You guys defeated the Chinese and US in the 70s, you should think more highly of your nations capabilities. Plus, the arms embargo between our countries is over, the Vietnamese coast guard are already being trained by the US, and we've already started selling commercial aircraft to Vietnam. Vietnam's already getting artillery from our proxy Israel. A less formal version of NATO between the US, India, Vietnam, Japan, and Australia means that the territorial integrity of the nations won't be stomped on by by Chinese ambitions.
>>
>>14830027
>Fuck Anno and his pro-militaristic views

wat
>>
>>14830027
Yes, the leftists show themselves.
>>
>>14830048
>They are the second largest nation on earth and are the second largest arms recipient from the US. They very much do have a choice in the matter.
What choice? Being buttfuck by all sides?
>increasingly less so, New Delhi is being very vocal about not being happy about Russo-Pakistani military exercises amid the increasing tensions between India an Pakistan.
They are still relying on russian armanents in order to have a voice at all.
>You guys defeated the Chinese and US in the 70s, you should think more highly of your nations capabilities.
And to do what? Kill more asians while the US laughs?
>A less formal version of NATO between the US, India, Vietnam, Japan, and Australia means that the territorial integrity of the nations won't be stomped on by by Chinese ambitions.
Nah, I'd rather be ruled by "chinese ambition" rather than ruled by NATO.

What I envision is a united Asia, free from foreign influence, especially from USA.
>>
File: life is pain.gif (1MB, 268x311px) Image search: [Google]
life is pain.gif
1MB, 268x311px
As someone who lives 100 miles away from each of the four nearest cities that're showing Shin Godzilla, fuck all of you.
>>
>>14830003
yeah, thought the faith in the atomic bomb things was strange, especially given how mixed the US population feels about having dropped the bomb. Other than that I didn't see the rabid militarism and anti-Americanism that people are claiming.

>>14830054
>What I envision is a united Asia, free from foreign influence, especially from USA.

I wish you and your countrymen the best of luck being a Chinese vassal state then.
>>
>>14830065
We were a chinese vassal state one, it lasted 1000 years and it was a foundation for vietnamese culture.

Americans have no understanding of han culture and they deserve no place in Asia.
>>
>>14826675
>tfw Montanafag
>tfw closest non-Canehdian theater with shinzilla is in potataho
>tfw just got paid and might ACTUALLY get a chance to go to it on friday
>>
>>14830027
>There is a difference between being patriotic and being the serf of the military industrial complex. Most american war films are just the propaganda arm of the Pentagon.
If you don't fight for your country, you are by definition, not a patriot.
>>
>>14830076
I hope you'll still be saying that when Hillary starts WW3 with Assad and Russia to protect Al Qaeda.
>>
This movie's great.
It has monsters. Cool stuff. And it triggers fags who jump at their own shadows!
>>
>>14830084
That's the reason I'm not voting for her.

Hillary fights for no country interests but the globalists. They want brother-war to weaken countries.
>>
>>14830084
Fucking go back to /pol/ you faggot
>>
>>14830084
>Hillary starts WW3
>Trump starts WW3
haha, oh wow! To which miracle do we deserve this wonderful life?

I thought this a discussion about Godzilla and not US-/pol/.

If Godzilla was real, he should have destroyed the world like in IDW's CATACYLSM series.

Humankind needs to fucked in it's ass as long as it's necessary to learn that life is valueable.
>>
>>14830049
Stupid people just have to make the film out as some kind of JSDF propaganda because they have trouble pointing out actual problems with the film. Have to find some way to shit on it.
>>
>>14830091
Hillary wants a no-fly zone in Syria.
>Humankind needs to fucked in it's ass as long as it's necessary to learn that life is valueable.
Start with yourself.
>>
>>14830092
Kindly request someone to post JSDF posters with Gojira in it.

LITERALLY PROPAGANDA.

Leftists mad as fuck.
>>
>>14830094
There is a whole board dedicated to your fucking garbage. Go there. Stop fucking derailing the thread you cuck
>>
>>14830097
This thread is political, you cuck.

US is involved, US wanting to nuke Japan too.
>>
>>14830096
>>>/pol/
>>
>>14830100
Back to the shadow now.

We have taken over this thread.
>>
tired research woman really was moe
>>
>>14830098
Maybe if you were talking about Japanese/US political relations, but you shits are talking about Syria and Russia and fucking Hillary and LOL U MAD LEFTISTS GET KEKED. Nobody fucking cares. The thread is about Shin Godzilla. Not your fucking garbage
>>
>>14830103
OK, let's talk about US should get out of Japan and Japan should remilitiarize while buying chink and ruskies's arms then.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ydnCEi4ZHE
>>
>>14830111
Yep that sure was the message the movie was trying to get across. I guess if you project your bullshit hard enough on to something you can see anything.
>>
is there any footage of the puppets that got scrapped for the cg?
>>
>>14830116
Get out USA.

Get out USA.
>>
>>14829854
Going tomorrow at 9pm in Norwood with my jp gf
>>
>>14829847
I'd like all those people who constantly complain about how bad American CGI is in Hollywood blockbusters to see this movie.

Ungrateful fucking retards have no idea how good they have it with this 150 million dollar budgets and cutting edge technology.
>>
>>14830127

Shin Godzilla has scenes in which he looks better than anything Marvel has been spewing out in the last years. At least it doesn't look like a cartoon.
>>
I'm no train-ologist, but I think with inertia and the generally stiff nature of trains they might actually do that, but it still looked goofy in practice.

I was expecting a lot worse from the CG really.
>>
>>14830121
Nope, but with your kind it always has to be an extreme. Yes the movie was clearly saying that laws passed 70 years ago because of the US should change, but at no point did it say anything close to what you're saying. Japan wanting to be more independent so they can do what they need to in times of emergency does not equal them wanting the US out completely. In fact the movie showed the US in a pretty fine light. The movie was way less about the military and more about the government response to disaster recovery.
>>
>>14830129
>Shin Godzilla has scenes
Sure

That doesn't make the scenes where its initial form pushing everything out of its way doesn't look any less fake. It's be no means terrible, but it's definitely not all that great. Not even comparing it just to the better scenes in the movie. Just like the Marvel movies do.
>>
>>14830136
If Japan has its own military, they would be able to declare martial law and sort their shit out, no need for the civil admin to bureaucratize everything.

And if the Jap army is there, there's no need for the americans.
>>
>>14830016
>Being surprised at smug hipster behavior when you live in its cultural hub
>>
>>14830056
I had to drive 3 hours and 113 miles to the nearest theater which is in the city and has literally no parking. So I had to find a place to park 6 blocks over at a garage and then walk all the way to the theater.

I had to sign up for time off like two months ago too and ended up using one of my vacation days just to see this movie. Then when I got there the theater was essentially sold out. There were only like a dozen empty seats in the whole place so I had to pack myself into one of the neck strain seats in the front. Then of course when it was over I had to walk my ass six blocks back to my car and drive another 3 hours home.

It seriously consumed nearly an entire day and it was well worth it. You have no excuse.
>>
Was there anything about groupthink vs individualism in relation to day-to-day life or was it all just regarding bureaucratic structures?

I was thinking about it and don't recall it, but there might have been something more overt in the online text shots? All I could get from them was some emotes and I think there was some wwwwwwww and a kita.
>>
>>14830159
>I had to drive 3 hours and 113 miles to the nearest theater which is in the city and has literally no parking. So I had to find a place to park 6 blocks over at a garage and then walk all the way to the theater.I had to sign up for time off like two months ago too and ended up using one of my vacation days just to see this movie. Then when I got there the theater was essentially sold out. There were only like a dozen empty seats in the whole place so I had to pack myself into one of the neck strain seats in the front. Then of course when it was over I had to walk my ass six blocks back to my car and drive another 3 hours home.It seriously consumed nearly an entire day and it was well worth it. You have no excuse.

Or you could just wait to buy the blu-ray and enjoy the film at home. Would be cheaper too.
>>
>>14830177

Teamwork is a basic concept that the movie is trying to push at all times, but yes, individualism and defying the structure is also important in the movie, Rando is the prime example of this.

It is a trait of Anno's work.
>>
>>14830177
>Was there anything about groupthink vs individualism in relation to day-to-day life
There wasn't much of that in general. What I got out of the movie was a need to balance individual drive with group dynamics. Yaguchi praises America's more meritocratic system (lets ignore arguing over how true that actually is for now) that allows talented individuals to rise but the movie also highlights that the group he runs is made up of very different departments that don't usually get along. The ideal seems to be personally driven individuals capable of meshing into groups with dissolving into petty infighting. So less groupthink vs individualism as a groups that allow for individuals to forge their own paths for the group betterment.

The main stumbling blocks the movie seems to present on the human side was too much bureaucratic red tape and entrenched thinking. Most of what they accomplish on the legal side of things is due to personal connections to other people they can use as lines of communication, rather than official channels. Recall how nearly every single expert or usual individual they try to get to help with the problem is useless, and it's the lower level, less established individuals who can come up with the answers. But no one person can be singled out as accomplishing the major

The most basic example of this is the sheer human scale of the cast. Even once they get their shit in order, the movie is careful to emphasize visually how many people are involved at every level to make things workl.
>>
File: horror-of-party-beach-005.jpg (679KB, 1180x1127px) Image search: [Google]
horror-of-party-beach-005.jpg
679KB, 1180x1127px
>>14830231
I thought it worked as an evolution sorta. First there's ineffective groupthink, then individualism tries to take over but with mixed results, then everybody works together as the resolution to the conflict.
>>
File: godzilla.jpg (1MB, 1477x2081px) Image search: [Google]
godzilla.jpg
1MB, 1477x2081px
>>14830096
Actually already exists.
>>
>>14830272
NIPPON BANZAI!

NIPPON BANZAI!!!
>>
The promised upload seems to be false.
>>
8 HOURS

Watching Destroy All Monsters until then.
>>
>>14826675
Loved it, i could see why some might call it boring or too much talking, although I didn't feel that, but I like slow sci-fi. I admit, i could help but chuckle when the old music played, or decisive battle. Cgi could have been a lot better at parts, the boats being pushed up the river for one. Some have said it was really anti america, but I didn't get that either. If anything America looked overbearing, but wellmeaning. All in all pretty fun.
>>
So it's Kaiju Gasaraki, amiright ?
>>
>I thought tanks are real
>it's CG
>they looks very real
Wow. Impressive.
>>
>>14830589

The helicopters also look great, it is like when people thought Shin Goji was a man in a suit but actually it was all CGI, it looks like something that you can touch.
>>
>>14830606
I find it hilarious that Japan, the country with notoriously bad CGI, is the one to finally disprove Hollywood's "CGI can't look good in daytime" bullshit.
>>
AVGN Shin Godzilla (aka Godzilla Resurgence) 2016 Movie Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxElq1GXav8
>>
>>14830625

There was this autist in the other thread that claimed James hated it.
>>
File: N2OXu2j.jpg (160KB, 816x504px) Image search: [Google]
N2OXu2j.jpg
160KB, 816x504px
How does it compare? Close? Better? Not even in the same ballpark?
>>
File: bait.png (20KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
20KB, 200x200px
>>14828093
>>
>>14830627
>>14830625
James is a faggot and Norman knows better than him tho.
>Norman England is a life-long Godzilla fan and former reporter for Fangoria magazine who has spent months on “Godzilla” film sets and saw “Shin Godzilla” last month at a special industry screening. He notes a dramatic departure in the new film from the series’ traditional pacifistic stance. “This is the first film in the series to go for the jugular in trying to elicit rah-rah support for the military and sympathy for the government,” England says, likening the film’s not-so-subtle nationalism to the blatant flag-waving found in Roland Emmerich’s 1996 sci-fi epic “Independence Day.” "Godzilla was originally imagined as a metaphor for the horrors of war and the devastation war brings to people."
>>
>>14830631
If you mean the design of godzilla, they're both great. If you mean quality of the movie, they're similar but I think original is still better.
>>
>>14830635

Norman you are being too obvious.
>>
>>14830627
> Watched it. It's a militaristic right-wing mess about how great the JSDF is and how they should rearm Japan, that takes every chance it has to insult the US, and depicts women as either sociopaths (the minister and the scientist) or drooling idiots (the "American" lady who can't speak English) while all the problems are solved by tall clever handsome supercompetent men. It's misogynistic to the core and echoes all the problems in Japanese society, especially in the mindset of shut-in loser otaku like the director, Anno. One of the worst movies I've ever seen, period. It's not even a real kaiju movie, because 99% of the film is just Anno soapboxing his politics using bad actors as mouthpieces. There's barely any acting, because the people in the film just constantly spew out non-stop political rhetoric, which takes the place of any form of plot. What little monster action there is in the film is abyssmal- Godzilla's first form is hilariously out of place and despite being CG somehow manages to look like a bad puppet from a black and white era film. The CG in general is pathetic, and what little practical effects there are looks like a child playing with his toy trains. Godzilla himself starts off looking intimidating enough but falls victim to the bad CG when he starts moving faster and shooting lasers at the beginning of the second act. The film has no climax either, as the biggest confrontation is midway through the film, while the final confrontation is done by force-feeding the big lizard some sort of chemical through giant straws mounted on cement trucks. It's so cheap that it's just sad. I am very disappointed.

>>14830634
It's pasta of Norman England's review of the Japanese screening.
>>
>>14830634
>>14830640

I heard they didn't let him be in the set and he got really triggered.
>>
>>14830642
sounds like it
>>
>>14830642
They still let him into the advance screening though.
>>
>>14830637
Yeah. I meant the films. So you think Gojira is better? Being as objective as possible, would you rank in the Top 5 of the Franchise?
>>
>>14830663
Out of the top 5 I'd place Shin around 3-5.
>>
>>14826675
I think the movie did a good job of showing how young the westernized Japanese government really is, Early in the movie they had a chance (kind of a lot really) to get rid of goldfish goji and deformed t-rex goji but they didnt because they were worried about what citizens in certain circles would react, how other countries would react, how the general nip population would act and it goes on. I think It is a perfect example of how over bureaucratic the nip government is and how their over complication of the situation, and failure to resolve it (even after goji gets back into the sea they make no effort to try and bomb it out) results into a situation that ended up being 10x worse for them with a huge amount of casualties
Once final form goji comes in its too late and they have no more chances to test the waters with defense and their only way of resolving the matter is with a plan that will absolutely work in one go (nuke or sleepy time blood juice).
I think its a very satirical take on the Japanese government and society as a whole and how the government causes more issues than solves them.

>>14828093
>It's a militaristic right-wing mess about how great the JSDF is and how they should rearm Japan

what an idiot. At no point in the movies does the JSDF EVER seem competent, the solders are freaking out because its their first armed combat, EVERY move they make HAD TO BE APPROVED BY THE PM, it was a joke. compare it to the SoP filled doctrine of western military tactics and its almost laughable.

If anything the movie makes an argument that the Japanese have no business with a military (the initial damage done to final goji was a US fighter, and the drones where also US)

I loved this movie, the music was almost satirical at first with the EVA getting ready theme juxtaposed with a group of what look like a bunch of neets putting printers and tables together
>>
>>14830663
absolutely in my Fave Five
>>
>>14830056
Well as someone who lives an Atlantic Ocean and hundreds of miles of dry land away from the nearest showing... I guess I'll be less of a jerk and hope the people who got to see it had a good time.

Now please someone leak it for us fucked-over yurocucks.
>>
>>14830635
Norman is also a pervert and creeper and generally unstable person. He is a little off the charts. He is not capable of a well-informed opinion.

>>14830642
It started with Final Wars, which didn't have the usual production crew, and caused Norman to go on a negative smear campaign against Kitamura and how he was disrespecting not only the legacy but the people who currently work on these films. Said the tone on the production was different, tense, and not friendly. There may be truth to that, but I think part of it is that Norman is now obsolete. Pillars like him and August are outliving their contributions to the community and should die out.
>>
>>14830753

It must be sad trying to boycott what made you famous and is your passion, truly sad, trying to sermon the japanese on doing a proper Godzilla movie, he truly was a filthy gaijin all along.
>>
>>14830016
Sucks to be you, seeing it in Federal Way left me with only some laughter at the appropriate jokes, and restrained laughing at that.
>>
>>14830635
Who the fuck gives a shit about this guy.
>>
If only Goji could close that fucked up maw of his completely, maybe he would have been alright.
Clearly social commentary on the state of dental care in Japan.
>>
>>14830753
Did Ragone dislike the Shin? The only person I've heard sperg out about the movie is English. Then again, I haven't been really paying attention to any reviews other than bits I've seen from here.
>>
>>14830862
Yeah, he was not fond of it from what I saw on Facebook.
>>
>>14829390
>"Godzilla was originally imagined as a metaphor for the horrors of war and the devastation war brings to people."

As well it should have been in 1954, after a period of Japanese imperialism that brought horrific consequences upon the entire region. Now the West has become the evil empire, undermining the sovereignty of other nations and foisting its cultural values upon them, and the message that Japan needs to hear now is one of military autonomy and political self-determination.
>>
>>14830631
Anno makes a lot of shots that, like Star Wars, reflects the original. Like poetry

It was different in the aspect that Shin Godzilla wasn't the effect of a bomb like 54 was but due to the recent us nuclear dumpings and tsunamis/earthquakes from 2011
>>
>>14830909
I like how the first quarter of the movie is exactly the same tempo and setup as the original, from the title card all the way to the government scrambling to find out what the hell is going on.

Also when turkey form evolves to the old '54 track, the whole scene is pretty much the railway scene from the original, even the shot of the shocked and despondent people watching from the side.
>>
Torrents will be up any day now.
>>
File: the master at work.png (193KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
the master at work.png
193KB, 500x381px
>>14830909
>>14830922

> Toho had approached Anno in January 2013 to direct the reboot but Anno initially declined due to falling into depression after completing Evangelion: 3.0 You Can (Not) Redo, stating, "A representative from Toho contacted me directly, saying, 'We’d like to direct a new Godzilla film.' At the time, I was still recovering from EVA 3.0, and right on the spot, flatly refused the offer, It’s impossible. Even to begin work on the next EVA is impossible."

> However, Toho's sincerity and his longtime friend and co-director, Shinji Higuchi eventually convinced him to accept the offer in March 2013. Anno had also refused the offer due to a lack of confidence, stating, "I refused (the offer) since I didn’t have confidence that I could exceed the first film or come close to equaling it. But I thought that if I were to come close even a little, I would have to do the same thing (as the first film)."
>>
>>14830115
Holy fuck.
>>
>>14829446
thanks anon. yeah i drew it
>>
File: 1476259208157.png (545KB, 577x719px) Image search: [Google]
1476259208157.png
545KB, 577x719px
the first form is fucking spooky
>>
>>14829853
I think the only part with pacing issues is immediately after the night of destruction and it goes to sleep all the way up until they start to enact the plan to freeze it

I think all the other people parts were great and the pacing was really good during the first half.
>>
>>14830982
I agree. There was a point in the last third where I was like okay, this is going to go on a while, isn't it? It is not a three-act structured movie. I think I will feel better about it on second viewing.
>>
File: KICS-3400.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
KICS-3400.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
Is there a us release date for the physical ost yet?
>>
>>14831009
I don't know, but I heard that it is apparently going to be on motherfucking vinyl.
>>
I HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING GOJIRA RELATED
IS GUD FOR NEWCOMERS YES/NO?
>>
>>14831022
No
>>
>>14831022
It's a retelling of the original story so you're not missing anything beside a few homages to that one.

It's great.
>>
>>14831022
You'll miss some of the twists on the standard formula, along with callbacks and whatnot, but it's a good enough film on its own.
>>
File: qt.jpg (24KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
qt.jpg
24KB, 848x480px
qt
>>
>>14831021

Vinyl is making a comeback. I just grabbed Wicked City on blood red vinyl.
>>
>>14831034
I want sickly tired gravure of her.
>>
>>14830115
>That's slutty!
Are the captionings being retarded or did a japanese man legitimately say that about a storm surge
>>
>>14831270
Grass grows, birds fly, some people get boners from the weather.
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 900x1072px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 900x1072px
>yfw Satomi Ishihara butchering the English language
>yfw backbeams
>yfw fucking shit up at the end of the second act with atomic/fire breath

yes, the last two are for pic related and also, yes, Ishihara's English is hilariously awful
>>
File: a0pvbgq_460s.jpg (25KB, 460x258px) Image search: [Google]
a0pvbgq_460s.jpg
25KB, 460x258px
>>14831359
>mfw
>>
File: 1439951869843.png (2MB, 2816x816px) Image search: [Google]
1439951869843.png
2MB, 2816x816px
>>14831359
>>yfw Satomi Ishihara butchering the English language
>DAS RIGHT!
Although I think of the 5-7 people who speak english in that movie (white people included), her's was surprisingly the most bearable

The americans sounded like robots (think 85 or stale white guy in mechagodzilla II) and the rest sounded so bad and butchered

I was getting flashbacks to Mari, but at least there wasn't a fuckton of engrish like in the psycho pass movie
>>
>>14831407
The lead male character spoke better English than her
>>
>>14831407
>The americans sounded like robots
Either it was all amateur actors, or poor direction given the language barrier and/or what the Japanese prefer English to sound like. It's pretty common for American actors, or whatever white people they managed to round up to play Americans, to sound like that in these movies.
>>
>>14831426
That said I suppose it could be because I'm so foreign to casual german speech, but that laid-back german science lady delivered her lines casually and in a way that looked comfortable

>that flat and robotic "yeah. payback time"
>>
>>14831407
https://youtu.be/PkDfeV_yEmo

If she did go to this program to learn how to speak English for Shin Godzilla, goddamn these guys suck at their job
>>
>>14831422
This. It's hilarious when a fucking "American" shows up and literally goes all durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr while the Japanese guy who probably isn't supposed to speak English better than her suddenly starts speaking to her in English that doesn't actually need subtitles.
>>
>>14831433
The movie was made fairly quickly, if I recall. You just can't become natural sounding in English from Japanese in that short of a time.
>>
>>14831433
I feel bad, because I remember her saying how nervous and self-conscious she was about her English lines. Now everybody in America is going to make fun of her. p_p
>>
>>14831439
When you usually get a role for something, don't you usually do research on the role you play and do the things you need to do before filming even started?
>>
>>14831440
i would make fun of the masculine sounding guy before I make fun of her

The real part where I had to pinch myself from laughing was the "Im going to become the US president!"
>>
>>14831452
Everybody laughed at that line. I think that was meant to be topical, haha.
>>
>>14831450
I doubt actually speaking English was a high priority for the role. If it was, she never would've gotten the part to begin with.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 1273x529px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 1273x529px
Best Shin Gojira girl coming through
>>
File: Tokyo (50).jpg (194KB, 1052x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo (50).jpg
194KB, 1052x1600px
>>14831468
What about her? Rank her.
>>
>>14831472
Was she the girl in the tunnel?
>>
File: maeda_atsuko.jpg (125KB, 1200x1621px) Image search: [Google]
maeda_atsuko.jpg
125KB, 1200x1621px
>>14831475
Yep that's her
>>
File: file.png (633KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
633KB, 675x1200px
>>14831468
>>
>>14831520
kamata-kun hits that weird so "ugly its cute" spot
>>
>>14829977

Oh god, it's you again.

Everybody please ignore this baitposter.
>>
There better be a fucking camrip now that it's out in the US
>>
>>14831022

It's a total hard reboot. Think Batman Begins
>>
>>14831593
We can only hope, my fellow non-USA fag
>>
File: file.png (687KB, 762x484px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
687KB, 762x484px
>>14831574
Hes' kawaii
>>
>>14831641
make him cat/dog sized and he would be a hit on niche pet owners

must be the colour and the eyes
>>
>>14830674
>
what an idiot. At no point in the movies does the JSDF EVER seem competent, the solders are freaking out because its their first armed combat, EVERY move they make HAD TO BE APPROVED BY THE PM, it was a joke. compare it to the SoP filled doctrine of western military tactics and its almost laughable.
Yeah, man, if only Japan has its own army instead of the JSDF where it can't even declare martial law.
>If anything the movie makes an argument that the Japanese have no business with a military (the initial damage done to final goji was a US fighter, and the drones where also US)
That's not a fucking argument, it shows that Japan is depended on the US, and not necessarily a good thing.
>>
Almost 500.000 $ on USA the first day, a little shitty if you ask me but it is a limited release.
>>
>>14826675
I saw it last night at my downtown theater and boy I was fucking entertained during the whole movie. For being a start to a new Godzilla series I think it did a nice job kinda remaking the first film in a more modern setting. Now I'm just eagerly awaiting until the sequel where I dunno Mothra or King Ghidorah shows up and duke it out with Godzilla hell id shoot a load to the moon if toho makes a MechaGodzilla suit that surpasses Kiryu for a sequel down the line.
>>
>>14831675
Wow, 500 whole dollars?
>>
>Check local theater
>no listings for it
>>
>>14831675
$500,000 on North American opening day? It might make a couple million in total.
>>
>>14831641
I'd kill for a plushie of him
>>
Most criticism is against the democratic over-bureaucrat government in Japan, but is that a good thing?

Does this mean Anno desire a more fascist Japan where the military can move things much more efficiently? Because I don't think no government at all helps in this case.
>>
>>14831675
That's better than I expected. I mean, is
>>
>>14829390
>and sympathy for the government,”

I don't see it. If anything it's showing how the government's constant red tape and beauracracy is what's holding back the country even in a time of crisis. Take note of how the people who save everyone. is an independent group that follows no rules or heirarchal norms of japanese society.

If anything it's telling Japan to stop carrying on the way it always has and be more meritocratic. The movie even outright has the PM say "Those Americans promote based on merit, not age. They have the edge on us there, I'll give them that". Now granted I don't think that's 100% true and there's a lot of croneyism involved, but it still beats "you're superior because you've been in the company longer"
>>
File: 1472119380115.jpg (182KB, 1023x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1472119380115.jpg
182KB, 1023x1023px
>>14831706
(it's not mine)
>>
Pretty interesting
>http://kotaku.com/how-japan-made-a-digital-godzilla-1787649487
>>
>>14831743
>If anything it's showing how the government's constant red tape and beauracracy is what's holding back the country even in a time of crisis.
Because the jap government still has to rely to the US military to save them, per the Constitution. They have no independent military force.
>They have the edge on us there, I'll give them that".
And not because they have more military, more jets, more missiles, more nukes, you know the things that can damage Godzilla.

A very stupid point to make because Japan isn't even allowed to have its own army.
>>
>>14830111
>he didn't watch the movie
>the US's military was just slightly more useful than the JSDF

They beat Godzilla with teamwork, compassion, and understanding of Dr. Maki's works.
>>
>>14831784
Yeah, I'm sure those US fighters and drones did not help at all.
>>
>>14831754
>kotaku

Piss off
>>
>>14831804
It's an interview with the VFX supervisor, some interesting stuff said there like the role of Higuchi in the film and the input of Anno in the VFX.
>>
>>14831762

I'm not talking about the military part. I'm talking about how they take forever to do anything. The whole "having a meeting to schedule a meeting" system that hamstrings them. The constant listening to "experts" that don't know shit. The "don't talk out of place, remember who got you this position" mindset.

It is a very critical look at not simply the LDP in particular, but bloated inefficient democracies in general. It's shit like this that makes the populace say "who cares about the meetings and discussions, just DO IT", whatever the thing is. Understand that the LDP is a VERY unpopular ruling party. They haven't won the popular vote since the 1960s, they stay in power because the system is designed so that only a freak accident can displace them from power.

You might want to watch this, because it says a lot about Japan's political system and why people like Anno are fed up with it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG-UEE0a3aI
>>
>>14831852
They take forever to do anything because of the bureaucratic nature of democracy.

In a real country with a real army, when your shit is invaded, your government handles power to the military who will pass martial law, evacuates the civies and deal with their own shit.

Fixing your government does nothing, and even the US would be boggled down by democratic bureaucrat if there isn't an army to make decision for them.
>>
>>14831862
>They take forever to do anything because of the bureaucratic nature of democracy.

Yes, and I'm saying the most criticized aspect of democracy, is that it has beauracracy at all. It's not even a real system, it's a parasite that latches itself onto governments.
>>
File: qt 3.jpg (22KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
qt 3.jpg
22KB, 848x480px
>>14831468
>>
>>14831871
It's impossible to have a democracy without bureaucrat.
>>
>>14831862

Japan's defense budget is in the top 10 of the world. The JSDF can't move out of the country in offensive campaigns, but for all other practical effects it's an army.
>>
>>14831879
>Japan's defense budget is in the top 10 of the world.
True, but doesn't mean anything due to how it lacks in personnel.
> The JSDF can't move out of the country in offensive campaigns, but for all other practical effects it's an army.
No, not really.

It lacks its ability to make its own decision, unlike real militaries.

In fact, in case of Japan being invaded, the chain of command would be Pacific Command (US), not Japan. That's how fake the SDF is.
>>
>>14831876

Sure you can, but it'll be a system that is not simply efficient, but brutally efficient. And as they say, when you have an efficient democracy...
>>
>>14831894
>And as they say, when you have an efficient democracy...
The system works?
>>
>>14831905

Well yes, but that's not the quote. The phrase said that when you have an efficient democracy, you have a dictatorship.
>>
>>14831468
>>14831520
>>14831873
Cute!
>>
>this argument will keep going forever
Just what you'd expect from the master, Mr. Anno.
>>
>>14830149
I live outside of Seattle, it was just the closest place that was playing it.
>>
File: Cp6yUXRVMAAIqRw.jpg large.jpg (96KB, 721x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cp6yUXRVMAAIqRw.jpg large.jpg
96KB, 721x1000px
>>14831916
Can you all just stop taking the obvious bait and recognize best girl
>>
>>14831922
seriously though what lewd has she done
>>
>>14826675
It's pretty much the Godzilla movie I've been waiting to see for years. Always wondered how something like Godzilla would influence stuff politically and it while previous movies briefly touched upon that(Return of Godzilla) it was nice to finally have an entire movie revolved around it.
>>
OH GOD IT WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE
>>
File: 1467425208552.png (742KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
1467425208552.png
742KB, 1000x900px
>want to go see it
>no viewings in my area
GIVE ME CAMRIPS NOW
>>
Tragedy is the best score I've heard from a film since Django Unchained

Holy fug the emotion
>>
Christ, all the theatres showing it are at least two hours away, and I can't see it until the weekend
>>
File: new-shin-gojira-tv-spot-4.jpg (62KB, 1136x540px) Image search: [Google]
new-shin-gojira-tv-spot-4.jpg
62KB, 1136x540px
Saw it last night, and really liked it.
With the grim-toned teaser trailer for '14 with the Oppenheimer quote, this is the movie I thought I was going to get then. Just had to wait a couple years.
>>
>TV Tropes says the small creatures in his tail at the end are mini-godzillas

>Could have sworn they were mutilated HUMAN skeletons

I usually assume TV tropes is autismally precise about these things but which is it
>>
>>14832014
>Listening to tv tropes.
Sounds like head canon to me.
>>
>>14830663
Yeah top 5 for sure, maybe even top 3
>>
>>14832014
They definitely had dorsal fins though.
>>
>>14832014
>>14832025
>It's from TVT so it's automatically wrong.

It's correct
>>
File: next.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
next.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>14832034
>>
>>14832051
Half the audience in my showing went "whoa" when they saw that.
>>
Just saw it.

It's very anno, but not as much anno as I would have liked. Wish they also went darker/bleaker with it. Not that it's not dark/bleak, and it takes itself more seriously then even the heisei films, but I wish they would have gone even further, like Giant God Warrior levels (which this does remind me of quite a bit though) or cloverfield levels.

A lot of the criticisms people have of too much political talking is actually somewhat well founded, even compared to other godzilla films there's a lot of it, but there's enough scenes of city destruction/godzilla intermixed that I don't think in the end it detracts too much.

I wish the start of the film had a little more buildup, because it's litterally just "oh shit godzilla" like 20 seconds in, but then what felt like the next 30 minutes took took long to get going and wasn't very interesting. If they had just cut out like a solid 15 minutes there and re-placed that time to later in the film and devoted it to more Godzilla destroying stuff with a sea of flames in the background it would have been better because as I said it needed a bit more of that anyways.

Definitely the coolest version of his atomic breath ever. I love that it's just a giant gas stove plume that he can focus into a beam or widen into a flamethhower, but I also feel like the beam spam segments weren't as hype as they should have been. Maybe it's because I was spoiled on them?

The camerawork was very good, not very typical toho, but like with the tone I wish they went even further with that.

1/2

>>14832007
>With the grim-toned teaser trailer for '14 with the Oppenheimer quote, this is the movie I thought I was going to get then. Just had to wait a couple years.
That's what I wanted from this, but I still felt like this didn't get as close as what I would like to a full movie of that trailer
>>
>>14830623
>Entire finale of all four transformers films happens during the day
>Same for Avengers
WHERE did you get this idea? Sounds like a fiction in your own head and not in Hollywoods
>>
>>14832082

2/2
The CG is a mixed bag

When it looks good, it looks fucking amazing: the lighting and surface detail looks almost like it's an actual suit or physical prop, which is great, since that's where CG usually falls short, but as it's CG it also doesn't have the con of practical effects where they look unoranic/the scale being off. Almost all the CG shots of military equipment look great and most of the faraway shots of Godzilla in his final form look this good.

The CG explosions look great and I hope all toho godzilla films moving foward use those because the minature gunpowder charges/smoke they used in older films get BTFO here.

Sadly, when the CG looks bad, it looks fucking awful. A lot of the close up shots on godzilla have extremely blurry textures or bump/normal/parallax maps (whatever they use) which remind me of 80's/90's CG. The blood looks awful. I'm not sure why the level of quality the the CG is so polarized that it looks amazing sometimes and so bad other times. Were some shots by a really good VFX studio and some by another and they didn't share assets?

Also i'm not sure what the ending is supposed to mean, and I feel like a lot of the sublities as far as the writing/plot went over my head due to not understanding the japanese political climate/the translation not being the best. Like I don't understand the motiviations for the half japanese half american women at all. Were the tail corpses supposed to be mutated humans or offspring that were about to branch off? Did the missing dude turn himself into godzilla, or just awaken it intentionally from it sleeping?
>>
File: Scary_door_3.jpg (33KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
Scary_door_3.jpg
33KB, 720x576px
>>14832108
>Were the tail corpses supposed to be mutated humans or offspring that were about to branch off

The latter. Obviously Godzilla was wanting to evolve into the most evil creature imaginable
>>
>>14831022
It's a good standalone movie however it has a shitload of callbacks to the previous ones that will fly over your head.
>>
>>14831022
I don't think so.

>>14832122
Really? I didn't notice any
>>
>>14832127
m8y like half the soundtrack was ripped directly from previous Godzilla movies.
>>
>>14832051
WHAT DOES IT MEAN
>>
>>14832135
The offhand comment about asexual colonization was more than just an offhand comment
>>
>>14832135
Sequels, lol.

Also, I was a little unclear about the notion of living with Godzilla? Is the coagulant supposed to wear off in 3500-ish seconds? Are they just going to keep repetrifying Godzilla?
>>
>>14832130
I wouldn't consider that a callback, every godzilla movie has the main theme in it somewhere.
>>
>>14832143
This isn't just the main theme though. Off the top of my head it uses music from Invasion of the Astro Monster, Terror of Mechagodzilla, King Kong vs Godzilla, and Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla 2.
>>
>>14832142
3500 seconds was the doomsday clock that was frozen as soon as godzilla was frozen

>>14832143
im 100% sure '98 and '14 don't have it
>>
File: happysad.gif (899KB, 320x176px) Image search: [Google]
happysad.gif
899KB, 320x176px
The video reviews for the domestic release are finally coming out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wqSUgkXbdM

B-? giving Shin Godzilla a B-?
Tell that to the Prime Minister's snapped neck
>>
>>14832142
They meant coexistent in that this giant petrified monster is in the middle of their city. They don't want to disturb it in any way that might fuck up their coagulant, and it's a bit to big to just move.

The number refers to the countdown until a nuclear missile was launched at Godzilla to obliterate it and most of Tokyo. It's what Yaguchi meant my appeasement. Japan agreed the countdown would begin again the moment Godzilla seemed to be stirring.
>>
File: oh shit.jpg (50KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.jpg
50KB, 720x480px
>>14832082

The beams/flame scenes reminded me of the demon of destruction scene at the end of the first Urotsukidōji movie
>>
>>14832154
>Godzilla movie about Godzilla having a million giant dicks cumming out of his body shooting jizz lasers everywhere

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>14832149
>im 100% sure '98 and '14 don't have it
Every toho godzilla I meant.
>>
>>14832162
you have a point
>>
File: Gojira_no_gyakushu_poster.jpg (128KB, 560x788px) Image search: [Google]
Gojira_no_gyakushu_poster.jpg
128KB, 560x788px
>>14832143
>every godzilla movie has the main theme in it somewhere.
>>
>>14832153
Ahh, that clears it up.

As for the politics, I think the film went at enough different angles to escape any of that hardline militarism. There might be a bigger, more cultural desire for independence/change in the whole "doing things our way" statement echoed by the PM, but that sounded more in line with the bureaucratic criticisms earlier on.
>>
>>14832194
Most of the millenium films outright disregard the Ifukube music, or just use it over the credits. G2K's American dub actually inserted Ifukube cues because the Japanese version didn't have enough.
>>
Saw it at 7:30pm Midwest US and I enjoyed it. Especially Ifukubes music returning in good ways.
>>
File: vCN79VY.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
vCN79VY.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>14832198
>when dat '54 dirge kicks in
>when dat KkvG march heralds the final form's landfall
>>
>>14832214
>The more primitive, animalistic '54 roar used for third form, followed by developed Showa roar for final form.

Very nice touch. Also great to hear that they barley used the roar outside of Godzilla getting pissed off. Most of the previous movies use the roar every 2 seconds.
>>
File: 1474425494031.jpg (16KB, 341x430px) Image search: [Google]
1474425494031.jpg
16KB, 341x430px
>>14832214
>mfw those parts.
>>
>>14832226
>The more primitive, animalistic '54 roar used for third form, followed by developed Showa roar for final form.
>Very nice touch
You think so? I see what I think they were going for using Godzillas early roars for his early forms, but I really think the roars would have been better the other way around
>>
7PM EST here.

Liked the movie a lot. Honestly with Anno's name attatched to it I was hoping for something a little more bizarre or strange. That said it was very Anno in pretty much every other way, and for the most part I enjoyed that. Not even going to get into the politcal message, but I will say I was surprised that Anno's ideal and wishes were basically spelled out by the characters. This is not a movie for westerners, my theater showing was almost a full house. Some were confused, some were in love. Everyone was confused at first form, I really liked it but the effect on it seemed weird.

The only think I thought it was really missing was a little more genuine human-level heart. In the 1954 film you had a nice hero, a bit of a love story, the reluctance to help by Dr. Mifune, and Serizawa. I'm not saying someone should have killed themselves to stop Godzilla, I mean tons of people died from his attacks. I just feel like there should have been something emotionally akin to having a sacrifice. True, Serizawa offed himself so no one could grill him for the Oxygen Destroyer, but it was kind of a noble thing as well. Shin had a weak human element imo.

Also, question. Did any suit shots make it in the final film? I swear there must be a few, but did they go all CG?
>>
>>14826675
/m/ if I hate it I will shitpost about it.
>>
File: Shin Godzilla a shaft of light.jpg (390KB, 1618x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Shin Godzilla a shaft of light.jpg
390KB, 1618x2048px
>>14826675
It was everything I hoped it would be.
>>
>>14832241
Yeah, the '54 roar is more aggressive for sure so I see how it would fit the final form, but if it were up to me, I'd go with the G'85-GvsKG roar, which was more like an updated '54 roar.
>>
>>14832246

There's three shots of a rod puppet. One is looking upward at Godzilla with his hands outstretched, Godzilla amongst a bunch of tree foilage, and then a reaction shot at the end where it flails its head back.

Totals like thirty seconds.
>>
>>14832135
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JIytOL-Q18
>>
So, what is your personal craziest theory for the next movie from right after seeing this?

Mine is Maki is still alive, takes some of the frozen Godzilla's DNA, and uses it to create his own monster for revenge over his wife's death.
>>
>>14832265
Uh, anon

That's exactly what Godzilla was in this.
>>
>>14832153
>and most of tokyo

Considering the plan is to kill him with the heat, a tactical nuke will do the job. Tokyo is fucking massive, a normal nuke simply can't destroy all of it. I don't think even the H-bomb can.
>>
>>14832194
We don't talk about the second movie.

There's no reason to, it's so boring
>>
>>14832276
Yeah, my knowledge of scale here with the bombs and the Tokyo urban sprawl is a little lacking here.

I do like that they emphasize they were going to simply vaporize him with the bomb. And there's no b-movie scifi "our nuclear weapons are just making it stronger!" Since that's not how nuclear bombs work.

Not that one couldn't argue Godzilla wouldn't just survive anyway because of his other crazy scifi nonsense that IS in the movie. But it was still a nice point.
>>
>>14832270

First off, the implication is not that Maki created Godzilla.

Secondly, I said ANOTHER monster.
>>
>>14832258
The puppet was not used at all.
>>14831754
>>
>>14832285
>And there's no b-movie scifi "our nuclear weapons are just making it stronger!" Since that's not how nuclear bombs work.
Honestly considering he feeds on radiation, if he DID happen to survive the heat it would would just give him fallout to feed on.
>>
>>14832279
It's pretty funny watching two sped up men in clumsy suits awkwardly wrestle over a miniature city. Kind of a Benny Hill vibe to it.

It's really obvious in Raids Again over other movies that they got them in the suits, turned on the cameras and just said "Okay, now fight!"
>>
>>14832293

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6CJnBmsxRg

The first fucking shot of this trailer is the rod puppet.
>>
File: Banana-Oil.gif (2MB, 319x240px) Image search: [Google]
Banana-Oil.gif
2MB, 319x240px
>>14832279
>it's so boring
>>
>>14832226
Godzilla's quietness was actually one of the little things that bugged me. I mean I get that it goes with this Godzilla being a stiff and unfeeling borderline zombie, but still.
>>
>>14832295

Yeah but other than that, the whole film is just a chore. I watched the entire franchise from the Toho Japanese BD set (good subs but in a couple movies they were mistimed), and Raids Again is the only movie that I struggled to finish. At least Godzilla's Revenge had a "holy shit this is so bad" quality to it.

I had to download a shitty dvd rip of Final Wars because I will NOT accept a BD that dubs over Don Frye!
>>
>>14832257
They use it as the very end when he freezes. I was very pleased.
>>
>>14831804
Fuck off /v/ kotaku is fantastic.
>>
>>14832300
I thought so too, but since the fucking VFX supervisor said that none puppets of any kind were used in the film means that the first shot is CGI that looks a lot like a puppet.
He even said that:
>Initially, we considered that type of approach that projected the feel of a living creature, but the general director vetoed that idea. He wanted Godzilla to have the texture of rubber.
>>
>>14832303
>Godzilla's quietness was actually one of the little things that bugged me.
Really? I'll agree with Gundam that imo it was a nice touch. That, mixed with his wide-open unblinking eye always looking down really gave it a presence of "what is it thinking, if anything?"
>>
>>14832314

Even if they weren't filled with SJWs, they're just shitty journalists regardless. The one guy I liked there, left years and years ago.
>>
>>14832316
Speaking of, when he unleashed the atomic breath, his eyes seemed to cover up with a reflective lid?
>>
>>14832319
What part of FUCK OFF /V/ DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?!

FUCK OFF /V/!
>>
>>14832314
Fuck off cuck. Gawker is shit and I hope the Hulkster leaves no survivors behind
>>
>>14832314
nice try gawker shill
>>
>>14832324

I'm not from /v/, I'm just expressing my opinion of the site.
>>
>>14832323
That's right, you can also see them really quick when he gets hit with the SDF bombs
>>
Be honest

Did you laugh when they gave the first clear shot of Godzilla?
>>
>>14832333
I cracked a smile.
>>
>>14832328
>>14832326
>>14832327
Listen to me you fucking twats. I'm the real boss of this joint when I say jump you say how high when I tell you to suck my dick you start sucking until you got no more air in your lungs and when I tell you to FUCK OFF you FUCK RIGHT OFF BACK TO /V/!
>>
File: monster_x_by_gojia05.jpg (76KB, 550x521px) Image search: [Google]
monster_x_by_gojia05.jpg
76KB, 550x521px
So does anybody else think that Monster X/Kaiser Ghidorah would be a good fit in the Shin universe?

He has a similar sort of body horror skeletal look to him and like godzilla, he evolves

>>14832289
>the implication is not that Maki created Godzilla.
The impression I got was that Maki transformed himself into godzilla

>Secondly, I said ANOTHER monster.
Regardless, the film is clear that godzilla IS Maki's revenge for his wife and a test for japan to see if they are worthy/have learned their lesson
>>
>>14832333
Friend I was with didn't so much as laugh as he was like "what?" in confusion. About the only thing that surprised me in the film was the gas plume ignition
>>
>>14832341

No, the movie more or less states that Godzilla was originally a fish.
>>
>>14832347
I never caught that, maybe there was some subtitles I missed.
>>
>>14832341
Kaiser didn't evolve, he was hiding his true form in essentially an armor. "This is not my final form" and all.
>>
>>14832323
Yep. I thought that was neat as hell.
>>
>>14832350
Regardless, they could adapt it in a similar vein to evolution
>>
>>14832349

You just have to look at the pattern behind his evolutions. He didn't even have legs originally.

He was something like an eel considering the model of his first form. Nothing reptillian lives on the ocean floor.
>>
>>14832356
You sure?

It was pretty damn clear that Maki intended godzilla to be a test for Japan/his revenge, so if it was originally a fish how did he predict what it would become?
>>
>>14832359

He didn't, he predicted what was facilitating its evolution. Technically everything it did to evolve was in response to something in its environment.

The data he created doesn't have to do with its evolution, it's the key behind its unique genetic code.
>>
File: low low quality.jpg (31KB, 456x419px) Image search: [Google]
low low quality.jpg
31KB, 456x419px
>>14832082
>>14832108
>>
>>14832366
Uh, did you respond to the wrong posts, anon?
>>
>>14832359
Godzilla absorbs other life-forms and becomes like them. Maki knew this through his research, and by committing suicide by casting himself into the ocean at Godzilla, he made Godzilla grow legs and head to Tokyo (since his thoughts were also absorbed) and start to sprout humans. This was the revenge and test he was babbling about in his suicide note.
>>
File: vavvUxu.jpg (964KB, 1802x2869px) Image search: [Google]
vavvUxu.jpg
964KB, 1802x2869px
>>14832300
>>14832316
Yeah I originally thought that shot was a puppet when watching the trailer, and was ready for that shot in the theater, only to be taken aback and thinking that it was indeed CG. Something about the movements, it felt CG to me.

Now the shot behind the trees, I'm still not sure. The trees are obviously practical, but Godzilla? Dunno. Also have been convinced since day one that pic related was the puppet because of the pan and at the time I thought the explosions were in-camera and not composited, but let's be honest, it's probably CG. Bravo to that CG team.
>>
>>14832294
There is that, yes. Which I was considering if it did manage to survive (and of course it would, narratively speaking).

But I like that the emphasis is on the sheer destructive power of nuclear bombs, rather than the scary nuclear part.

On the topic of him eating radiation, wasn't there a point where they determine it doesn't need to nuclear energy anymore? Something about when they realize he's going to reproduce? I can't quite recall.
>>
File: IMG_4948.jpg (178KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4948.jpg
178KB, 768x1024px
http://00tn.blogspot.ca/2016/09/dai-gojira-tokusatsu-oukoku-yokohama.html
>>
>>14832373
>But I like that the emphasis is on the sheer destructive power of nuclear bombs, rather than the scary nuclear part.

Quite frankly Godzilla emits way, WAY more fallout than a nuke does anyway.
>>
File: Godzilla vs syphilis.png (935KB, 1141x809px) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla vs syphilis.png
935KB, 1141x809px
>>14832372
Also am still pretty convinced that this shot is also puppet.
>>
File: tumblr_ocsyl5djy01qcqjsdo1_500.jpg (84KB, 500x608px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocsyl5djy01qcqjsdo1_500.jpg
84KB, 500x608px
I want a little Kamata-kun!
>>
>>14832373
>On the topic of him eating radiation, wasn't there a point where they determine it doesn't need to nuclear energy anymore? Something about when they realize he's going to reproduce? I can't quite recall.

While Godzilla originally fed on nuclear material, it's revealed in the movie that Godzilla has evolved to the point where he gets his energy from oxygen and water. The epiphany of free nuclear energy is what convinces France to postpone the nuclear countdown.
>>
So did the tail shit actually happen AFTER getting petrified. Is it implied that they're just moving very slowly?
>>
>>14832384

I think it was already happening and the petrification stopped it.
>>
>>14832384
When he's frozen, and even when he's in the background while Yaguchi and the dumb bitch talk you can clearly see the tail hasn't split yet. It's the cut after that where you see for the first time that the tail has split. The silhouette is unmistakeable so it DEFINITELY hasn't split up till the conversation.
>>
File: h-hazukashi.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
h-hazukashi.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
>At a special screening for Shin Godzilla, Mikako Ichikawa she hid her eyes behind her microphone, embarrassed
>>
>>14832394
... Fuck.
>>
File: tumblr_ocqnfsu80S1qhhcygo1_1280.jpg (101KB, 700x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ocqnfsu80S1qhhcygo1_1280.jpg
101KB, 700x1600px
>>14832381
same
>>
>>14832394
>>14832400
PS I'm sure about this because I watched it three times
>>
>>14832347
>>14832349
>>14832356
>>14832359
It's not. Godzilla in this is like Destroyah, a colony of microorganisms that radiation fused into one being.
>>
>>14832370
This I think is the most accurate to what happened.

What is it with Dr.Maki and wanting to destroy things?"
>>
>>14829353
There was also an icon of Ochibi-san (manga by Anno's wife).

I thought that was a sweet touch.
>>
There were so many actors in this movie that I saw them and went "I don't know their name, but I've seen them in stuff before". Mostly Kitano movies I think.
>>
>>14832425

And Anno is a bus driver in one scene.
>>
Maki didn't create Godzilla. He FOUND Godzilla in its larval form, but the American government silenced him because THEY accidentally created him. Then he killed himself.
>>
File: CDw8NkfUMAABHw_.jpg (18KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
CDw8NkfUMAABHw_.jpg
18KB, 599x337px
>>14832420
Japan failed him and failed his wife and his wife died so he has to do sneaky shit
>>
>>14830065
Imperialist neocon pig
>>
File: 1470485407920.jpg (96KB, 710x770px) Image search: [Google]
1470485407920.jpg
96KB, 710x770px
>>14832427
Don't forget Oshii, Takahata, and Miyazaki

Also Mafia Kajita
>>
File: 020.jpg (84KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
020.jpg
84KB, 512x288px
>>14832438
>Also Mafia Kajita
>>
>>14832434

Not him but that's pretty much what's going to happen. Russia doesn't care about expanding into south asia, but China certainly does. And it'll probably happen eventually, with us around or not.
>>
>>14832430
But Godzilla actually being a man inside a suit sounds exactly like the sort of crap Anno would pull.
>>
>>14830007
No it's useful because it's so large and powerful. We've helped nations with their own true militaries before.
>>
File: map.jpg (89KB, 640x451px) Image search: [Google]
map.jpg
89KB, 640x451px
>>14830054
>A less formal version of NATO between the US, India, Vietnam, Japan, and Australia

You mean the OCU?
>>
>>14832442
NATO is a cancer to the modern world and the US really should fuck off from half the world. We're overextended as is, and it'd be better for everyone if we stopped lording our imperial will over everyone.
>>
>>14832457
>NATO is a cancer to the modern world

Most of the countries that are the direct benefactors of its protection think otherwise. They kinda don't want to become satellite nations again/
>>
>>14832453
The Front Mission world will never happen. You have to keep in mind what was happening at the time when the games were first being written, Clinton was trying to create a Pan-American version of the EU (which does still exist to this day, but it is mostly for trade between the nations than anything else).
>>
File: BestGirl.png (155KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.png
155KB, 720x480px
>>14832433
>Shin Godzilla
>Shin Gojira
>Shin Goji
>Shin Ji
>SHINJI
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 681x637px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 681x637px
>>14832151
>Tell that to the Prime Minister's snapped neck
>>
>>14826675
I really loved it. What was the deal with the tail at the end ?

>>14832403
>>14832510
she was a cute.
>>
The reason for the human like beings crawling out of Godzilla's tail was in fact the next evolution. A commitee had stopped Godzilla, so it perceived that strength and as a last ditch effort, tried to multiply asexually to match that human brainpower.
>>
>>14832142
Glad I'm not the only slow reader.

I thought I had brain problems.
>>
>>14832080
Mine too, the movie goes absolutely silent so you could hear everyone's sudden wonderment.
>>
Hey, does anybody know if it's being shown in IMAX anywhere in the US?

It was in japan, apparently, but none of the theaters near me are showing it in that format.
>>
>>14830935
They said that when it came to asia.
>>
>>14832853
I looked for IMAX too, I've actually got a number of IMAX screens near me but none of them were showing Shin Godzilla on them.
>>
>>14832858
That's a shame, I saw it earlier today and there were a lot of moments I felt would have benefited from it.
>>
just saw in AU
it was fantastic!

I was worried the movie didn't have enough new music to carry it, but it was fine

loved all the political stuff, dialog was very sharp and smart, I wonder how the average person would cope with a film that aims at an audience that isn't a slug
cringed at satomi aspiring to be us president
"payback time" was best line

I thought the back lasers would be really lame, but they're used well

the finale was more interesting and exciting than I imagined it would be

10/10
>>
wish you cunts didn't spoil the whole bloody film for me months ago though
>>
>>14832970
>Movie is out
>goes to a site that routinely discusses every spoiler they can find, even the obviously fake ones
>goes to a specific thread that talks about the movie
>goes through the entire thread to read every spoiler there is
I didn't even have to avoid /m/ to avoid spoilers, just not click on the fucking Godzilla threads. Even what I got spoiled on just by accidental glancing, namely the models of the other forms and their being some sort of Godzilla reproduction, I didn't pay enough attention to to actually spoil me (I thought the earlier forms were the Godzilla spawn and it would go full Cloverfield or Godzilla 98 or whatever).

You have no one to blame for yourself if "the whole bloody film" was spoiled for you.
>>
>>14833010
I was checking for a camrip, ost and info on when it will be shown in my country

end up seeing backlasers, babygoji, tailhumans and all sorts of spoilers
fuck you /m/
FUKU YUO
>>
>>14833037
I was checking the same things and didn't get spoiled anywhere near as much. Just checked in periodically to see if the OP had anything new.

You tempted your own fate, anon.
>>
>>14833053
REEEEEEE!!
>>
>>14832333
Why would I laugh at Kamata-kun? Hes cute.
>>
Loved it
It was like the opening bit of the first Evangelion episode where the UN is bombing the angel with the plague doctor mask, mixed with the political humor of Dr. Strangelove, and made into a 2 hour movie
I do think it peaked a bit too early, once the second act ended and everything is about the build up to creating the special goo and freezing Godzilla, it began to drag as there simply wasn't much momentum left in the story other than to watch these characters set up their plan and then execute on it, and the climactic moment itself isn't as impressive or interesting as what came before it
It also slightly took me out of the movie when I realized Anno was just reusing the Evangelion soundtrack, and whenever anyone spoke English it sounded like they were reading practice sentences for an online dictionary
>>
>>14830069
And you have no understanding of Americans at all.
>>
>>14830069
Yeah but that China was actually China. That China is now Taiwan. Modern China is an entirely different country, you poor retarded ignorant rice nigger.

I do hope that you get what you wish for though, just so that I can point and laugh at you when it happens.
>>
>>14833726
He is not even an actual Vietnamese.
>>
>>14832409
When did anyone ever say that?
>>
>>14828093
>and depicts women as either sociopaths (the minister and the scientist) or drooling idiots (the "American" lady who can't speak English)

So the female leads are psycho bitches and beyond UNLIKABLE.

yep, this IS an anno production.
>>
>>14832384
After. It seems to me like it's supposed to play into the symbolism behind the Fukushima disaster by having another one on its way right after they just recovered from the last one. Even in the movie they state their plan was just merely prolonging the inevitable until they're able to come up with a better plan.
>>
File: 1450290278718.jpg (109KB, 402x248px) Image search: [Google]
1450290278718.jpg
109KB, 402x248px
>>14833037
>I got revealed unwanted information while digging for information in a general that's discussing the movie I didn't want any unwanted information on

Whoa
>>
>>14832427
>And Anno is a bus driver in one scene.
what scene was this?
>>
>>14832014
>>14832108
>>14832135
It's godzilla's next evolution, he's adapting to humans by copying what allowed them to defeat/hurt him which was a collective. The humans were only able to beat Godzilla because they could work together and cooperate to create a solution. I'm pretty sure it's just Godzilla attempting to beat a collective with his own collective.
>>
File: 1467486827430.png (36KB, 221x212px) Image search: [Google]
1467486827430.png
36KB, 221x212px
>>14826675
>It starts airing today in American theaters.
meanwhile im just sitting here in estonia and waiting for the camrip.
>>
>>14830016
I feel your pain. I live in California and people wouldn't shut up. Every scene with Baby Godzilla, people would laugh and some of them were even force laughing like if they thought the movie was supposed to be a comedy but they didn't find it funny but they didn't want to be out of the loop. Also, whenever a Japanese guy would yell or show a lot of emotion, people would laugh because "funneh China man is mad xD". Also someone brought their handicap son so whenever the movie would get quiet he would unleash this loud moan and people would start laughing.

Movie was good though.
Thread posts: 365
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.