[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Titanfall2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: titanfall-2-video-game-wallpaper.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
titanfall-2-video-game-wallpaper.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
Thoughts? Concerns? What would you like to see in future installments? And other /m/ related vg's.
>>
not /m/

fuck off
>>
>>14822905
Nah, mech's a dirty word. Mecha is not a dirty word.

So what they're saying is it's not MWO. Fucking stupid? Yeah.
>>
If its not /m/ then what is it?
>>
>>14822916
It's /m/, he's just reciting a stupid meme from the first game, where the developers claimed that the suits used in the game aren't mechs. We can chalk that up to the devs being ignorant, or if we give them some credit, they were, being western game developers after all, comparing them to slow lumbering battlemechs.
>>
>>14822916
Toku? They seem to spam that here even though it's not /m/.

But in all seriousness, the interview was in the context that the creators didn't want to create the standard western mech. Which is your Battletech giant, slow moving robot with guns for hands. Titanfall was inadvertently looking at one of the ways Japan does Mecha where the support soldiers in combat. Granted they also didn't want them to be power armor either, so shrinking them to the size of land mates like in Appleseed wouldn't work.
>>
>>14822899
seems like Shogo is still better mech FPS than anything modern trash AAA studies develop
>>
After Density and The Phantom Plot, I swore I'd never get hyped for a AAA game ever again.

But I can't wait for the release. It seems like Respawn has listened to the complaints that arose from the Tech Test except for the third person animations. Seriously, what the fuck guys?. It's faster now, Attrition is back, and Titans play like giant robots instead of glorified infantrymen now.
>>
>>14824436
I haven't kept up to date with Titanfall 2, do you know how it is? I thought that they moved the AI grunts to Pilot Hunter or something but is did they change that?

Definitely not going to buy at release or at all seeing as what happened to Titanfall and what I've heard makes me wary.
>>
>>14824503
Well, they brought back Attrition with AI, and there's a new mode called Bounty Hunt where both teams kill the AI units for points. I don't know if any other modes have AI.

During the Tech Test, shit was a lot slower, and some of the maps don't have a lot of room for wall running. So far, most of the maps work well with wall running, and the speed has been increased quite a bit, so it's closer to the first game.

You now have to choose between an Anti-Titan weapon or a sidearm, which I actually like as a change. The Pilot abilities are pretty cool.

Titans now have a specific weapon and abilities, so no more Stryder-40mm Cannon meta combo anymore.
>>
>>14824674
>Titans now have a specific weapon and abilities, so no more Stryder-40mm Cannon meta combo anymore.
What was so good about the 40mm cannon?
The only time I used the Stryder was for maximum boosting to dump quad rockets and cluster missiles into things then zip away
>>
>>14822911
>>14822899
>not mecha
>>
>>14824761
>*not mech
>>
>>14824761
>not getting the joke
>>
>>14822899
I played the beta, they somehow made it worse because the faggot dev didn't like the game being fast
>>
>>14822943
I agree with this explanation for the "Not Mechs!" part (it's close to what I thought when I first read it years ago), but shouldn't the creators have said they are mechA, not mechs?

I mean, the creators of Heavy Gear, which is basically a VOTOMs ripoff, had no problem admitting they were completely aping Japan's approach to war walkers.

I mean, expecting honesty from game advertising/hype machines is a sucker's bet, but it wouldn't have cost them much to explain the difference. Acknowledging your inspirations is always nice, and that would have been the perfect opportunity.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.