[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Translation Project

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 16

File: Translation Project.jpg (452KB, 1294x972px) Image search: [Google]
Translation Project.jpg
452KB, 1294x972px
Hello.

I've gotten in touch with a translator who would specifically like to translate the following /m/ games

>Baldr Heart (PC visual novel with arcade-style mecha battles)
>SRW Endless Frontier EXCEED (Nintendo DS JRPG)
>Nadeisco: Blank of Three Years (Sega Saturn Visual Novel)

He can do all the translating on his own, but what he really needs help with is hacking the game and inserting the English text in place of the Japanese.

If you would like to help out on this, please contact the following e-mail

[email protected]

You can also help indirectly by communicating about this thread to any forums that specialize in this topic. Which game gets done first depends on the hacker.

Before anyone asks, I've got nothing to do with this and I don't know any Japanese. I'm just helping the translator get a team together. Whichever game is easier to hack will probably be the one that gets done first.
>>
File: c01_shumipic.png (82KB, 478x643px) Image search: [Google]
c01_shumipic.png
82KB, 478x643px
Baldr Heart

You follow the story of a cyber mercenary as he is discharged from active duty. A strange man comes and hires you to infiltrate and gather information on a school, the members of which are suspected to be terrorists wrecking havoc in cyberspace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAQZT9QdJFo

Baldr Heart is the latest entry in the series and features very cool looking combo-based action gameplay. From what I understand, it's also a standalone title and does not require you to have played the previous games.
>>
>>14820090
>Endless Frontier EXCEED
I can't hack for shit, but I just want to say that you're doing wonderful things here, old man. More people deserve to experience the glorious madness of Exceed.
>>
SRW Endless Frontier EXCEED

Set after the events of the first game, dive once more into the realm of the Endless Frontier to fight against a new threat with original and crossover characters teaming up once more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39XqDkvV0RA

An acrobatic turn-based RPG spin off of the SRW series, featuring humans, androids, and mini-robots working together to beat up whatever threatens their world.

It's a sequel, but the previous game already had a proper English release by Atlus.
>>
File: Blank_of_3_Years.jpg (45KB, 365x312px) Image search: [Google]
Blank_of_3_Years.jpg
45KB, 365x312px
Nadesico: Blank of Three Years

A visual novel set between the events of Nadesico's TV series and the Prince of Darkness movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQ9zRrZTH8M

There's nothing special to be said about this, it's basically what you'd expect it to be and is apparently a pretty okay visual novel, even if you're not big on Nadesico.

The translator has stated he would like to do this first, as October 2016 marks the 20th anniversary of Nadesico. Sadly, it might end up being the last one to get done since I don't think too many people are too hype about dealing with the Sega Saturn's infrastructure.
>>
>>14821413

While I doubt it's gonna fix how shitty the movie is I have been wanting to get at this for some time. good luck man.
>>
File: 1469648206041.png (247KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
1469648206041.png
247KB, 500x411px
>>14820090
NDS games are pretty easy. Head over to GBATemp for help on that.

As for the Nadesico game, that's near enough impossible since the Saturn is known to be one of the hardest to hack. I tried searching for help on the other Nadesico game years back but nobody wanted to lend a hand, and when I contacted people who have done Saturn games before, they either ignored me, told me to learn myself, or simply told me to fuck off.

In any case, I wish the guy good luck. But make sure to check out GBATemp. The people there can be helpful so it's worth a shot.
>>
>>14821453
>As for the Nadesico game, that's near enough impossible since the Saturn is known to be one of the hardest to hack.

ummm good news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOyfZex7B3E
>>
Ask the translator to do the other half of Might Gaine plz
>>
>>14821453
gbatemp dot net, right?

I'm not sure where I'd even post it on their forum. Not entirely sure of which subforum would be the best one to advertise such a broad request.

>>14821472
Please no translation requests.

He's only offering to do these games right now, as he's got other translation work that takes up the rest of his time.

What you see here is what you'll hopefully get, anything else is for other people to tackle.
>>
File: 1423259256662.jpg (890KB, 1152x1653px) Image search: [Google]
1423259256662.jpg
890KB, 1152x1653px
Could you please get him to translate "Jisatsu no Tame no 101 no Houhou" ??
>>
File: 1431865670624.png (54KB, 255x213px) Image search: [Google]
1431865670624.png
54KB, 255x213px
Exceed pls
>>
>>14820090
Going have to vote for Exceed here, if your main problem is finding a hacker than it's best to stick with the NDS. You can find tons of people over at gbatemp and other such places who have experience with text insertion in NDS games.

The fact you've found a willing (hopefully competent) translator has already nailed the actual hardest part which tends to sink every project out there.
>>
>>14821542
I was more joking than anything
>>
File: THE MISSION.jpg (65KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
THE MISSION.jpg
65KB, 640x640px
>>14820090
Fuck Blank of Three Years translate The Mission!
>>
>>14820090
Really want to get Baldr Heart translated because I heard it was good and a result from the original Baldr Sky team, but I can't hack for shit and as I can see from this post it's a hugely niche game even compared to SRW.
>>
it'll be hilarious when Blank gets translated after all these years and we find out it helps the movie in no way and only makes things worse
like finding out it wasn't a flute times a thousand
>>
>>14823343
You couldn't be more wrong because PoD shows the follow up of a bunch of the Nadesico crew that took place in the blank of 3 years various routes. Ruri becoming the captain of the Nadesico B, Akito running a ramen stand with Yurika and adopting Ruri, Houmei girls. It didn't foreshadowed Akito getting edgy though. Also working link of The Mission when? I can't find that ahywhere.
>>
Just so we're clear, there's no voting process here.

The first game to get translated will be determined by who is willing to step up and help out with the hacking process.

The rest will get translated if, and only if, someone is willing to help with the hacking.

The translator is willing to keep doing games, of his choice, nonstop for a while now, but he needs he hackers.

Help out, find someone who can, or just enjoy having less games available to you.

The choice is yours.
>>
>>14823385

okay but that still doesn't change the movie was a poorly made, badly paced pile of crap
>>
Exceed pls
>>
Didnt Exceed already got a menu translation? is it not possible to contact those guys and stuff?
>>
>>14824507
I hope you're looking in a few places other than /m/. If this is your craigslist for experienced hackers then you're probably going to end up disappointed, but you've gotten some seemingly good advice already at least.
>>
File: DAN IN THE VAN THE BURGER MAN.png (38KB, 302x325px) Image search: [Google]
DAN IN THE VAN THE BURGER MAN.png
38KB, 302x325px
>>14824507
Everyone tends to forgot that because they probably skimmed through the posts about it or just didn't read it at all. In any good, I hope he finds those hackers.

>>14821469
Oh, but does this mean people will be able to translate games on it or not? I need answers.
>>
>>14825003
Didn't a translation for the Saturn version of Policenauts just come out? Ask those people.
>>
>>14824570
Yeah but it was one of supposely 3 movies and I think that's one of the biggest down points of it because there's still many leftover unresolved things that the series had being setting up. And that's exactly how I felt going from the tv series>blank of 3 years>PoD and realising you won't ever get the full story.
>>
>>14824507
I'm curious, why Baldr Heart? there are 3 titles in the series and Baldr Sky doesn't have a translation. Is it because of the announcement for an official tranlsation of Baldr Sky?
>>
>>14825431
If they're associating with this man they don't have their heads on straight
>>
>>14825431
Maybe because the game's total length is shorter (4 routes vs Sky's 6+flashback sequence) and it's newer (which may or may not influence people to play it).

I saw a Youtube video with the text in Korean (probably machine translated since it was fairly deep into the final route) so it doesn't seem impossible.
>>
>>14821542
>I'm not sure where I'd even post it on their forum. Not entirely sure of which subforum would be the best one to advertise such a broad request.
Look for the NDS section, they hace a subforum dedicated to translation also if the old translator of Exceed try to say anything to stop the translation tell him to go fuck himself
>>
File: shadow wolf.jpg (76KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shadow wolf.jpg
76KB, 800x600px
>>14825624
Is that so, in which case I can accept the decision. I guess I feel much more appeal for sky than I do for Heart, but the gameplay does look good, and I'm happy to see more interest in this franchise anyway.
>>
>>14825309
>Yeah but it was one of supposely 3 movies and I think that's one of the biggest down points of it because there's still many leftover unresolved things that the series had being setting up.

Never bank on sequels you're never guaranteed.
>>
>>14825431
I described it in the post about Baldr Heart, actually.

It's the latest game
It's a standalone title

That's really it.

>>14825632
I'll give it a try.

Hopefully they won't mind squeezing in Nadesico and Baldr Heart into the same thread.
>>
File: capture_020_27082016_143107.jpg (597KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
capture_020_27082016_143107.jpg
597KB, 1280x720px
>>14820326
Heart can be played fine without having played the previous titles as in general the story is standalone, but some of the charm of Heart is lost in that as one of more interesting aspects of Heart is to see how the setting has evolved and how the events of the previous games impacted the world. Gameplay-wise its also just straight improvement of the system in Sky.

>>14825760
Both Sky and Heart are great, they have their similarities in them but are quite different kind of stories in the end with different focuses. Serioiusly love both of them. And more Baldr love is always great to see

>>14820090
As what of comes to hacking Baldr, not hacker myself but Heart should use just newer engine of Baldr Skys engine and that is hacked prety well (or genrally the nexas engine it runs on) so old tools might work. And Heart doesn't have funky as text like Makotos floaty text in Sky so there shouldn't really be problems with straight insertion.
http://asmodean.reverse.net/pages/exchpac.html
This could be tried if it can extract the files atleast. And then theres tlwiki and aroducs place that might know alteast someone who can get things done on the engine https://tlwiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page , http://games.seiha.org/
>>
Tempted to post about this on RomHacking but they seem to have a rule about only posting stuff like this if you've actually made progress and have something to show.

Kinda difficult to do when we're lacking the core element to actually insert translations into the game.

What a conundrum. Hm.
>>
>>14827830
It's worth a try. I didn't have the best experience myself on there as they're very rigid. Always pointing to the documents section or some crap like that.
>>
>>14827830
It all depends on how you define "progress", but keep in mind that you already accomplished the hardest part of the process - you found a translator who's willing to take on the project.

Hacking the text in isn't exactly easy, but it's generally a lot less of a problem than translating the script in the first place.
>>
>>14821555
That's my shitty scan. Nice.
>>
>>14828024
>>14828907
I made the thread on multiple forums now.

Hopefully I've covered enough area that I can snag someone.

If it was up to me, I'd get all three games translated, and then some.

Here's hoping for the best.
>>
>>14829951
You might also want to try video games retro on here. People do hacking stuff there so it's worth a shot.
>>
File: nadesicoblank05.jpg (15KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
nadesicoblank05.jpg
15KB, 320x240px
>>14821413
I'm pretty hyped actually about the chance of getting this game translated, I'll do whatever I can to share this and help you get a team for it.

This is THE GAME necessary for making sense of all of Nadesico's plot.
>>
>>14830804
Did you somehow miss the existence of /vgr/? The guy you're responding to didn't even mention SA.

Regardless, it doesn't matter where the help comes from. All that matters is that this stuff gets translated so that people can enjoy it.
>>
Can you get the translator to work on some actual good games, instead?
>>
File: 1475962772880.jpg (79KB, 417x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475962772880.jpg
79KB, 417x500px
>>14830860
Translators work on what they want to, not what you want them to.

>>14830804
The people there aren't half bad. They have nice retro Japanese PC games threads.
>>
yea you should do exceed, someone already translated the menus, but the game is no fun without joking about boobs and all that good stuff
>>
>>14830860
Name one lol
>>
>>14820326
>baldr heart
Tsukuyomi is actually the ghost of Ayaka in a clone body, Mao is actually a clone of Freyja made by her father who lusts after her (he's also the traitor that got Ayaka killed), Misaki is actually the ghost of the wife of the Fugaku boss except she actually isn't but is the ghost of Nagi's unborn sister, and Nagi is a meme formed by the collective unconsciousness of the people of Wadatsumi when they were fooled by propaganda saying that she had recovered from her coma when she's actually still in the coma. Also the fairy is the real ghost of the wife of the Fugaku boss, the Fugaku boss is already dead, and Katou is the real villain and a parasite electronic life form that possesses humans that had previously been the mad scientist that experimented on Ayaka.

It's kind of retarded.
>>
>>14823343
We already have a full summary of Blank and it doesn't ACTUALLY cover any of the stuff related to PoD.

https://desuarchive.org/m/thread/4683054/#4683054
>>
File: lole.png (967KB, 1984x1100px) Image search: [Google]
lole.png
967KB, 1984x1100px
Hi, can anyone understand this garbage?
http://pastebin.com/vmgK640D
>>
>>14831770
what is this gook shit speak english please
>>
File: Alteisen 1.jpg (482KB, 1250x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Alteisen 1.jpg
482KB, 1250x1050px
>>14820090
How about SRZ1 instead of Endless Frontier Exceed?
>>
>>14823385
This retard is full of shit.

>>14823343
It doesn't make anything worse but doesn't help out the movie in any way.

It does resolve the plate thing from the Martian ruins in the final episode of the TV series, and does a small bit of showing what happens to the characters in between- Ruri becoming captain, Akito and Yurika marrying, etc., but it's all split into multiple routes and none of them are actually canon because they're completely exclusive and yet the movie assumes some weird combination of all of them happened. And the closest it EVER gets to the movie is Akito and Yurika leaving for their honeymoon, with the game ending just before their shuttle explodes.

There is nothing from Akito's grimderp era of training to fight the Martian Successors, so all you get is the SOL romcom bullshit that the TV series had. I mean, it's great if you liked that, but it's completely worthless if you're in it for the supposed missing link to the movie that EOP faggots who never played it have hyped it up to be for years (the one website which propagated that the most back in the day, I can't remember the name but it had a black background, was just straight up lies: Listing a bunch of stuff it said the game explained, that doesn't even happen in the game).
>>
>>14831522
You forgot the part about the MC and his wingman being genetically engineered people with MC-kun having the same purpose as the clones
>>
>>14821413
Although in terms of gameplay I want to drift towards the others I think this one is in desperate need of a translation.
>>
>>14831980
>>14830801
literal retard
>>
>>14830801
https://desuarchive.org/m/thread/4683054

No it's not.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.