[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Voices of a Distant Star

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: one man army.jpg (215KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
one man army.jpg
215KB, 1000x1500px
Did Makoto Shinkai do mecha justice?
>>
>>14817685

It's a piece of shit that's praised solely because he did it mostly by himself. The designs are also ugly.
>>
>>14817685
As much as I love Shinkai this was easily his weakest movie, even if it the theme really resonated with me.
What disappointed me the most about the inclusion of robots and aliens is how little it did to actually progress anything, it was just kind of there to justify space travel- which really doesn't need the justification? if I'm remembering right anyway, it's been years
It's also before he hit his stride with drawing people so the characters don't look particularly good, even if the scenery is still great. Tenmon still does a good job with the soundtrack, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KwvcM5KN8c
>>
For only having a 30 min. runtime it was good enough. It wasn't like some unparalleled masterpiece but it's worth a watch.

>>14817862
I don't mind the aliens not having much of a place in the story since the OVA is more about the relationship than it is the war.
>>
The mecha is an odd combination of the RGZ, Nu and other CCAesque things.
>>
>>14817685
All of his movies are the same
>>
>>14817685
Gunbuster did time dilation much better.
>>
>>14818177
Voices of a Distant Star was less time dilation and more lightspeed lag.
>>
the mecha in that are barely even window dressing.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.