[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this sucked right? I'm not crazy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 32

So this sucked right? I'm not crazy?
>>
>>14815545
You are not.
>>
It's the new SEED Destiny

FLAWLESS VICTORY and all.
>>
>>14815557
It's not that bad.
>>
>>14815572
No.
It's much much worse.
>>
It's alright. Definitely a crawl in the second half, but I didn't dislike it. I watch too much bad/unmemorable anime to consider this a travesty.
>>
It was lacking but overall it felt pretty average, as a Macross show it was fairly disappointing in my opinion but not awful.
>>
File: irony.jpg (185KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
irony.jpg
185KB, 750x750px
>>14815572
>It's not that bad.

If you say so
>>
>>14815545
That pic would be so good for wallpaper if Mikumo and Freyja weren't so fucking quality. That's perfect summation for Delta as well.
>>
>>14815652
That's Satelight for you. They are lazy fucks.
>>
If you think it's okay or bad, that's alright. If you think it's the worst, then you're a delusional bandwagoner.
>>
File: 1466960608298.png (247KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1466960608298.png
247KB, 1300x1300px
>>14815545
I think the first half bordered on great. But the second half feels exactly like what it is. Unplanned. I hope this gets movies.
>>
File: hoina.jpg (3MB, 7808x1504px) Image search: [Google]
hoina.jpg
3MB, 7808x1504px
Wasn't that bad, the people who dislike it probably take it too seriously. It is macross, afterall.

Also cutest girl in the galaxy
>>
>>14815855
>the people who dislike it probably take it too seriously.
The problem was the second half wasn't the "holy shit this is retarded" -type of bad, it was "production disaster and everything getting phoned in" -bad.
>>
It was alright. The 2nd half was a slow crawl and the finale was kinda meh, but it had plenty of fun moments throughout the show. Freya and Hayate were the only Macross couple I actually cared about. It wasn't as bad as most people make it out to be.
>>
>>14815900
A lot of people pretty much stayed in the show just for Freyja and Hayate. The two are that good together. Too bad we got no more fucking Immelmann dance. I was anticipating that as soon as the couple were freed from war.
>>
>>14815899
It was also retarded. Like, first half had its own bunch of retarded moments, but it was tolerable, but second went full retard. You don't go full retard.
>>
>>14815855
Modern /m/ cannot appreciate good mecha shows. all they do is shit on them
>>
>>14816071
>Delta is good
Satelight pls.
>>
>>14816062
>You don't go full retard
But Macross ALWAYS goes full retard. Always.....
>>
>>14816062
It wasn't very retarded in the trainwreck sense. The problems just made it really lame.

You know a random thing I remembered, Hayate's "I won't taint Freyja's songs with blood" gets really silly with how many people die in the conflict kind of semi-offscreen. Like even a fuckload of windermerians, not even redshirts but random faceless offscreen people, die in the mass battle scenes where the Elysion is beamspamming and monsters are blowing up capital ships and shit.
>I spared an enemy pilot, violence isn't the answer
>good job son, meanwhile we killed thousands in one broadside
>>
>>14816133
Freyja's a mature girl. Writers should have had her understanding how killing is a necessary evil. Fuck, if they wanted to keep Hayate as a pacifist, they could have at least showed him disabling countless enemy valks while pulling off his dance moves.
>>
>>14816133
Non-killing mecha protagonists are cancer, welcome to 2016. And there were a lot of silly moments like Bogue not dying while doing suicide runs. Repeatedly. Or Keith staying alive while getting his VF shot in the cockpit. Or Delta squadron jobbing for the entire fucking series. What was the fucking point of that squadron. Somebody gas these writers and hire a new one for the next Macross pls.
>>14816131
You mean 7? Even 7 was reasonable enough.
>>
>>14816158
No every entry had their own moment of maximum retardation. Sometimes more than one. 7 is has the most consistent amount of these moments.
>>
>>14816155
I disagree, while she was old for her race, her entire character was about her being cutesy and immature, that would have been very out of character.

>>14816158
It's Macross, it's always been ridiculous and had retardation, that's the point. It's about singing idols who fight aliens through song and jets that transform into robots.
>>
>>14816168
Delta beats all of the other shows by letting no characters die in war while establishing both sides are supposedly competent enough to gun each other down.
>>14816177
At least someone died there.
>>
>>14816158
The non killing thing wasn't bad because of it but the reasons for it. Hayate cared more about his enemies than his allies. Worse still the entireity of Chaos start doing it too. The only
thing they do is wing clip and shoot down drones. There's no plot reason or character development for it either.
>>
>>14816181
Messer, Cassim, Keith, and Roid all died during the war. Don't overreact about the lack of deaths. Frontier had less deaths, only Michael and no name meltran died, Grace included.
>>
>>14816337
Metric fuckton of Vajra and Spacy guys died in Frontier and by the end of TV series the fleet was so fucked up they had to fold to the nearest habitable planet to survive. Delta has no tension.
>>14816325
Delta squad is generally incompetent, the only more incompetent guys are NUNS.
>>
>>14816340
Except for the entirety of that Spacy fleet getting blown up by dimensional weapons, and Ragna gets pretty devastated after Chaos evacuates the civilians it can.

Delta squad is pretty incompetent though, this is true.
>>
>>14816356
That's still nothing. And one small fleet that has not even seen combat? Satelight pls.
>>
>>14816340
>Metric fuckton of Vajra and Spacy guys died in Frontier and by the end of TV series
Now you're being desperate. Numerous VAR victims all over the galaxy plus the the fuckton of NUNS fags that got fucked up by the VAR. You can also include the windies that got fucked by the NUNS cat brigade after Heinz was knocked out by Mikumo.
>>
>>14816371
VAR is a fucking joke. It also feels like Spacy did not care about retards with shiny protoculture toys despite them being pretty dangerous. Delta has shit writing, they need a gas chamber for writers.
>>
>>14816381
>Spacy did not care about retards with shiny protoculture toys despite them being pretty dangerous
It's not like spacies could do anything about it. One move and they lose a fleet to the VAR. Anyways, my point was that people did die in this war. An MC even came out of this war physically scarred for life unlike a certain pop idol that got her space AIDS cleaned out for free
>>
>>14816438
Drones. There's always drones or any other kind of wonderful tech writers can pull out of their asses to make story even remotely interesting. Like, the arrival GN-X series in 00 was great because it stripped marysue powers of Gundams. We have nothing here. Or Spacy can just hire Walkure or any other pop idol group to protect their fleets or anything. Delta writing is shit no matter how well you'll try to defend it.
>>
>>14816447
>There's always drones or any other kind of wonderful tech writers can pull out of their asses to make story even remotely interesting
But no one here wants drones at all. We'd rather see Immelmann dance or Hayafre faggotry than drones.
>>
File: boeing bird of prey.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
boeing bird of prey.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>14816447
Drones are boring, which is why Kawamori plot wrote them into being sideshows or gimmicks.
>>
File: 1449641337760.png (1MB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1449641337760.png
1MB, 1200x900px
>>14815557
>the further the show progresses the more boring the faces get
>>
>>14816536
Speak for yourself. I'd love to see NUNS just solve the problem by throwing waves of unshackled QF-4000s at it.
>>
>>14816617
What's the point of Macross if there's no VF's.
>>
Delta was a mistake and Kawamori should never be allowed to make another Macross again.
>>
>>14816623
Songs
Ships
Stupid characters
>>
>>14816177
Macross to me was a surprisingly dark and brutal sci-fi mecha show about the last remnants of humanity fighting a seemingly hopeless war against terrifying giant aliens. I loved it for those parts.

The horrible M.Night Shamylan plot twist where music is a weapon and they have a pop star sing at the enemies only came at the very end. It was retarded, but for 1982 it wasn't the worst thing that could happen in a Chinese cartoon.

The fact that the music aspect is now, in the year of our lord 2016, considered fundamental to Macross... well I consider it a goddamn shame. Delta is garbage unless you're actually that tantalized by waifus, and it fucking blowwws my mind that somebody actually sat down and thought it was a good idea; the concept has seemingly grown absurd enough to parody itself
>>
>Set up Hayate pulling sick dance moves in battroid mode
>Literally no fights in battroid mode besides holding back some var'd soldiers once or twice
Fucking why
>>
>>14816699
It's always been fundamental to the series. SDF fags always seem to think SDF was the only other Macross and other entries don't exist. Keep those nostalgia goggles on, grandpa.
>>
>>14816158
>Even 7 was reasonable enough.

Opinion safely discarded
>>
>>14816713
He sounds more like a Robotechfag than an SDFag.
>>
I really hoped this would be good going in, I enjoyed Frontier a lot.
Delta really ended up as a big let down, maybe there'll be better movies.
>>
>>14816734
Anyway UTA WA HEIKI ruins the shit out of SDF/DYRL.
>>
Worst Macross
>>
>>14816623
What's the point of Macross if there's no missile spam? Ask Delta.
>>
>>14816337
>no name meltran
Fuck you, Raramia was my waifu.
>>
>>14816922
Zents are old and busted sempai. WIndermere is the new hotness.
>>
>>14816915
Ask 7 too.
>>
>>14816933
But windermere is made of gay boys. I like girls.
>>
>>14816941
There's still Freyja.
>>
>>14816943
>Freyja.
If she's my only option, I'd rather a Bogue.
>>
>>14816952
And he'd rather a Reina.
>>
File: Macross delta cover.png (749KB, 997x702px) Image search: [Google]
Macross delta cover.png
749KB, 997x702px
>>14815545
you're not crazy.

at least, Freyja won, Mirage BTFO.
>>
>>14815545

Yeah. It could have been good, the setup was all there. But they made a continuing series of bad decisions that consistently robbed us of any kind of buildup or payoff.

Nothing anyone does meaningfully impacts the plot except for Roid, who IS the plot. The windies have so much plot armor its absurd, and we never get to see any non-elite winderemens do anything so Delta has no victories or chances to show they skill before the knights show up. In the entire war, we only see Delta manage to kill two guys, one of which died of old fucking age in the seat.

The plot int he second half is such a mess that we waste multiple episode apiece on different subplots that, in the end, never amount to anything. Song buffs, for all of the focus they got and how much they slowed down fights and made them boring, literally never do anything after episode 13 where Keith gets shot down nonlethally. That is the crowning achievement of super-song mode, something which they spent a third of the show hyping up and focusing on.

The same goes for Mikumo's "mystery" arc. They spent 4 episodes on playing up that something strange was going on with her and it was being kept secret and they had to figure it out. And the big reveal is... she is a clone! You know, like how half the population of the NUN controlled worlds are between full blooded Zentradi (all clones) and the first post-SW1 generation of humans (largely clones using zentradi tech). Being a clone is literally the least interesting thing you can be in Macross's setting at this point. Its like they forgot what show they were writing. And then NO ONE IN THE CAST GIVES A SHIT ANYWAY.

And the ending was a giant wet fart of the windemerens betraying the winderemerens until the winderemens have to stop the windemeren's own plan. Meanwhile, Delta and Walkure sit by and have a picnic, watching the final battle and wondering "Are we supposed to be doing something? Maybe participate in the climax of our own show? No? Okay."
>>
>>14817409
Thank god, Mirage deserves better.
>>
>>14815545
Nah. It was mediocre.
Which, in retrospect, is even worse. A sufficient bad show would be interesting on its own.
Also, first half up to episode 14 was awesome. Then obviously something happened with the script and show lost it's momentum, only to be rushed in the end.
>>14815899
This.
>>14815855
As a Miragefag, agreed. Stupid apple girl is moe incarnated.
>>14816177
Their whole race in immature thou.
>>
>>14815545
Better than Frointer, to be honest.
>>
>>14817467

I disagree. Frontier gets arbitrarily slammed for being generic, but it told the story it wanted to tell well enough. Foreshadowing had payoff. Characters did things of value that impacted events. And the finale was dynamic and fast paced fun.

Delta may have been more unique, but unique doesn't always mean good. The characters had no agency, absolutely shackled to the plot and unable to do anything that might deviate from the railroads. We have massive amounts of investment put into plot developments that get the weakest possible payoff and then are promptly dropped because the writers don't know what to do with it anymore. And the finale was boring underwhelming garbage.

I would rewatch Frontier TWICE before ever considering watching Delta again.
>>
>>14816071
Fucking please nigger, Active Raid was loved by the ones who watched it, along with Fafner and even Bubuki Buranki, just because you are too retarded to see the anime you're watching shit the bed doesn't make everyone as retarded as you are
>>
>>14817495
>active raid
>bubuki buranki
>good
>even mediocre

Those are both several times worse than Macross Delta, which managed to be enjoyable.
>>
>>14817503
And how are they worse? They each managed to tells its story without doing retarded shit or creating literal plot holes the size of of moons, none of them ended up the show without actually answering any of the questions they kept asking in Delta, none of them had characters as uninteresting as the cast of Delta, keep sucking that kawamori cock
>>
>>14817543
Nigger don't lump Bubuki into this if you're going to make sweeping generalizations.

I can't in full conscience say Bubuki doesn't have a retarded story, especially with how early we are into s2. It started off janky, and it has a lot of time to finish off just as janky, its success largely comes from character dynamics more than the narrative.
>>
>>14817567
>character dynamics
Something Delta failed catastrophically at because unless your name is either Hayate or Freya or even Keith, you barely even exist
>>
>>14817503
Nothing is worse than IBO this decade save Galko-chan, Kill la Kill, and Valvrave. At least Gundam-san was short.
>>
File: reportworthy shit taste.jpg (6KB, 211x120px) Image search: [Google]
reportworthy shit taste.jpg
6KB, 211x120px
>>14817503
>>
>>14817584
Found the G-Rekt apologist.
>>
>>14817583
Even Keith had pretty much nothing after episode 10. It was Hayate, Freyja and Roid.
>>
>>14817642

Yeah. He had a very stoic but still sorta there personality at the start. But after he lost his eye, he kind of became a non-character. Without his rival-fu, he didn't even seem to enjoy piloting anymore.
>>
File: stonehenge.jpg (1MB, 3699x5013px) Image search: [Google]
stonehenge.jpg
1MB, 3699x5013px
>>14817770
Without their rivalry Delta has no tension. I wish they'd made windies a copy of these guys instead of fujobait squadron.
>>
>>14817462
>>14817465
Mirage was lost since the first episodes. Like Ranka.
>>
>>14816623
But there always be human factor. As Plus has shown, macrossverse AI, true AI, are kinda not what military need. In Frontier drones are under tight remote control and even Luca's ones aren't up to what Sharon managed to do with X-9. And as soon as they were jammed, Ghost drones became easy targets for everybody.
Then came inertia storage system on Evolution and it's, heh, evolutions. Messiah can already keep up with drones, Durandal hardly noticed swarm of them in movies, Chronos adds modularity and overall better performance. Kairos and Siegfried are a downgrade, because lol budget but they do come with all cool toys integrated in a streamlined design. And as shown, are perfectly capable of killing modern drones as well.
Sure, swarming enemy with numbers is a viable tactic, as Galaxy has proven but manned planes are still a thing here.
>>14816642
Executive meddling should never be allowed. It has been posted that pretty much all aspects of Delta that are considered inferior came from ideas thrown in by sponsors.
>>14816707
I was hoping for some of this in final battle - alas, no.
It would be glorious for Hayate to go agains muh Kaze with sick dance moves. Again, why?
>>14816718
Looking from now? It does makes sense, thou series itself is...different.
>>14816933
>WIndermere is the new hotness.
Kinda short lived thou.
>>
>>14817820
Who cares, she was non-character anyway.
>>14817823
> But there always be human factor. As Plus has shown, macrossverse AI, true AI, are kinda not what military need. In Frontier drones are under tight remote control and even Luca's ones aren't up to what Sharon managed to do with X-9. And as soon as they were jammed, Ghost drones became easy targets for everybody.
> Then came inertia storage system on Evolution and it's, heh, evolutions. Messiah can already keep up with drones, Durandal hardly noticed swarm of them in movies, Chronos adds modularity and overall better performance. Kairos and Siegfried are a downgrade, because lol budget but they do come with all cool toys integrated in a streamlined design. And as shown, are perfectly capable of killing modern drones as well.
> Sure, swarming enemy with numbers is a viable tactic, as Galaxy has proven but manned planes are still a thing here.
The point is drones do not give a fuck about Mcguffin mind control.
>>
>>14817830
Drones are OK when you use them in battle when there is nothing but space and enemy ships. But simple AI is not enough when you need to send them to another planet to find the targets to determine what should be destroyed and what not, etc. And since NUNS can't control them directly due to distance they would need to use Sharon level AI.
>>
>>14816963
Threesome, dear anon.
>>14817820
Noble confidant route. Sadly. At least Bogue scored in the end and Freya is pretty much dead in few years. One wonders who won what exactly.
>>14817830
The point is even unshackled AI is still inferior to human beings in proper VF's. As for mind control, Quarter with Sheryl and Ranka warps in, do the thing, no thread anymore.
It actually makes one wonder - NUNS had fold jammers but why task force came without any tactical singing squad of their own? It is proven and accepted that song is valid method to fight all kinds of mcguffins across universe. And with fold quartz one does not have to infected by vajra to be effective as a living jamming generator.
Just how remote and insignificant is Brisingr cluster in relation to rest of galaxy for NUNS not to deploy Jamming Birds?
>>14817844
>need to use Sharon level AI
Which was proven to be BAD IDEA and carries a stigma in universe. And consider this - Galaxy was using Ghosts without superior AI, they were throwing basic design in numbers. So even madmen are hesitant of using that particular technology freely.
>>
>>14817830

On the other hand, they can be hacked or have their control signals blocked rendering them pretty useless, which happened in this show and others and is basically the same effect.
>>
>>14817844
> But simple AI is not enough when you need to send them to another planet to find the targets to determine what should be destroyed and what not, etc.
BOMB THE DAMN CASTLE and BOMB THE DAMN SHIP are the only two necessary commands actually.
>>14817851
> On the other hand, they can be hacked or have their control signals blocked rendering them pretty useless, which happened in this show and others and is basically the same effect.
Winde-monkey have no tech to do that. Mcguffin song help but autonomus AI is still a thing.
>>14817850
>Which was proven to be BAD IDEA and carries a stigma in universe.
Sharon used a mentally unstable person as a prototype. Next time double check the damn personality material.
>>
>>14817863

Windermere have the tech though. They used it in the first few episodes to stop Walkure's drones. Also autonomous AI is highly limited in Macross, and once the Vajra blocked the control signals in episode one of Frontier for instance, the AI were almost fish in a barrel.
>>
>>14817863
>Mcguffin
At least google what this word means, retard.
>>
>>14817863
Oh, I agree that technology of true AI can be perfected in universe. But because of events in Plus it is stigmatized in the same way as nuclear power is irl - there are no logical reasons to not use it and yet everybody evade it as they can. Luca had drones with superior AI but even those weren't on the level of X-9. And we can be pretty sure Luca was eighter modifying them on his own or those were some special prototypes sent for frontline testing. Also, lots of software locks on those birds.
>>
>>14817884
> nuclear power is irl
Not every country in the world is a fucking Germany, sir. And why the fuck there's almost no good portrayal of AIs in the anime. I can remember Yukikaze and Gargantia, that's it.
>>14817877
They don't. Hacking damned drones require some competent guys AND some top-tier tech, they have neither, fucking 15 yo girl trashed their networks. They only have super-powerful-mcguffin-song to defend themselves. Also how the fuck do they fold back and forth to Windermere when there's a Fold Fault there.
>>
>>14817894

No, they do. Just because you don't think they should have doesn't mean they don't. Also, the 15 year old was a genius in typical anime fashion so listing her age like it's a mark of the lack of security Windermere has is pointless.

As to the fold fault - no longer dear. Writer fiat at work again I suppose. Epsilon kept Windermere topped up with all the latest toys though, so they might just have better fold tech or something like that I guess.
>>
>>14817894
>old back and forth to Windermere
Muh wind. No, really, they use their fold receptors and navigate manually.
>>14817894
And Macrossverse isn't Earth. It is reason good enough and one can be sure that if need arise they do have technology to build strong AI's.
Now that you mentioned Yukikaze, valks are outfitted with selflearning AIs as well.
>>
>>14817913

> no longer dear

No idea even. Autocorrect at its best, obviously.
>>
>>14817894
Of course, it's not like they have Epsilon selling them top tier tech. And good job ignoring the fact that no one uses advanced Ai since fucking Plus for like 5 posts in a row.

>mcguffin
No, seriously, google it, retard.
>>
>>14817915
> Muh wind. No, really, they use their fold receptors and navigate manually.
How the fuck spess jew even got there actually?
>need arise they do have technology to build strong AI's.
And they had that need yet writers were too lazy to make NUNS something other than grunt supplier.
>>
>>14817924
>How the fuck spess jew even got there actually?
The same way first immigration fleet got there, duh. Do you even know what fold fault is? It's not impenetrable barrier.
>>
>>14817924
>writers were too lazy
No time? Whole conflict has been solved in span of what, few weeks? This is a fringe of humanity and even with warp it takes time to even communicate over interstellar distances.
And NUNS fleet, one that bombed Ragna, came somewhat prepared - they have those fold jammers that actually were somewhat effective.
As for how happy merchants managed it? I presume same way all those civilian traffic does - cargo haulers were flying to and from windermere just fine. I don't know, they've been using windermere port navigators?
>>
>>14817941
If it's not impenetrable why there was no big NUNS fleet glassing Windermere at the start of the war. NUNS knew what the fuck windies were going to do, everything about super-powerful-left-there tech.
>>14817942
> port navigators?
THE SPICE
MUST FLOW.
I wish Delta took more inspiration from proper sci-fi instead of typical jap writing. Also for some reason said jammers were not effective against Star Song.
>>
>>14817449
Not to mention we have no idea what became of the war, or even if they've learned to prevent Var syndrome considering that Walkure can set it off too. So pretty much anyone with high number of fold receptors could manipulate others.
>>
>>14817915
>Muh wind. No, really, they use their fold receptors and navigate manually.
I thought their Drakens were just equipped with fold boosters. The same we saw in Frontier which helped Michael and Ranka get to that planet to sing Seikan Hikou through fold faults. It's just extremely expensive tech since it requires lots of fold quartz. But it's something windies have a lot.
>>
The ending was so bad it gave me cancer.
>>
>>14817953
VAR was a shitty plotdevice because everyone in the show stopped giving a fuck about it.
>>14817956
Yes but it's a BIG device. Drakkens are small, they are interceptors.
>>
>>14816699
SDF had culture as a major theme and plot point the whole time, Minmay's song convinced the zentradi to stop fighting in the end but it was built up to the whole time it wasn't until plus and 7 that song magic became a thing with Sharon brainwashing everyone and Basara fighting literal space demons with rock and roll
>>
>>14817952
Fucking fold faults were introduced and explained in Frontier. And the whole concept was even more expanded in Macross 30. Just stop embarrassing yourself.

>proper sci-fi
I think I remember you. You were that shitposter complaining about lack of genocide ending on /a/. And back then you couldn't name a single sci-fi book with genocide ending. What was the last 2 sci-fi books you've read? I'm betting 5$ it's some entry level shit you've read 5 years ago, and you mention word sci-fi only to look less retarded in these threads.
>>
>>14817978
And even then zents glassed the Earth. That was pretty grim actually.
>>
File: boosters.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
boosters.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
>>14817962
>BIG
Not that big and it's definitely something you can fit inside a plane considering 8 years of technology advancement.
>>
>>14817980
>Fucking fold faults were introduced and explained in Frontier.
And in the same series they found a way to circumnavigate them. Kys retard.
>>
>>14817992
Everyone else still uses good old external packs. They are relatively BIG to fit them into the airframe.
>>
File: 1465037513003.jpg (48KB, 338x596px) Image search: [Google]
1465037513003.jpg
48KB, 338x596px
>>14817467
Frontier had pay off at least, the fights were enjoyable, and the characters all had their roles in the story. Half the cast of Delta has nothing to do. The bridge bunnies, Chuck and his family, Arad, Johnson, Makina, and Reina barely contributed to the plot. Arad could have had a stronger connection to Hayate's father or Messer, Johnson could have reflected on his time on Winderemere; Makina and Reina could maybe interact with the main cast. Hell Mikumo was basically in her own her storyline for most of the show without anyone else involved. One or two conversations with Hayate or Freyja and some last minute bonding with Walkure.

Of course the biggest tragedy is that a third of the triangle did jack shit the entire show despite being the only character connected to previous series beside fold waves and VFs.

Frankly it felt like they just used the franchise as an excuse to ride the idol anime boom.
>>
>>14817993
Yes, see >>14817956. Using extremely expensive tech.

>kys
Back to facebook or whatever shithole you came from, underage cancer.
>>
circumnavigate means to go around it, not through it
>>
>>14818002
>piss poor nation has extremly expensive tech no one else in the galaxy has
Oh wait. No. Kys retard.
>>
>>14817998
And everyone else still uses VF-171s.
>>
>>14818012
Spacy uses 171s because mass-producing even 25s costs a shit ton of cash. There are certainly some elite units with newer tech but we'll never see because NUNS job is to job. Hard.
>>
>>14818011
You mean, nation which has shitton of fold quartz, the most valuable resource in the galaxy. You're so retarded it hurts.
Also I find it so funny that as soon as you ran out of your stupid arguments you just went straight to ad hominems.
>>
>>14818018
Which they export to basically no one. Nice argument, DDF-kun.
>>
File: 1467448596563.jpg (671KB, 2300x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1467448596563.jpg
671KB, 2300x2448px
>>14818000
Oh and I almost forgot. If we're going to spend half the show on the Fag knights, can we at least see more than Roid and Keith swordfighting? How about Herman's family or why Bogue is such a fucboi? Or maybe some scenes with Heinz aside from lying in bed?
>>
>>14818028
Or jew twins. Why do they even exist.
>>
>>14818023
>Which they export to basically no one.
What is Epsilon?
You're going beyond full retard.
>>
>>14817953
Var is by far the single most retarded plot device they could have created because it flies directly against the singing part of Macross now, because anyone who sings can now create a literal drone army for themselves so why not ball songs altogether? Or at best only allow people in the army at squadrons made for that to sing? They shot themselves on their foot big time with this stupid plot device
>>
>>14818016
That's the point. Built-in fold boosters are probably expensive as fuck so that's why no one uses them. Besides for windies fold boosters are very important because they need to fold in and out from their planet all the time. All other races don't need boosters that often so they can stick to good old expansion pack.
>>
>>14818034
I thought epsilon was giving the apple-religious whackjobs their best weapons tech in return for joint access and research on protoculture ruins

I thought Windemere was under isolationist policy, the only thing they exported were apples that they were using to enslave the rest of the galaxy with anyway
>>
>>14818040
You need super-special protoculture tech to mind control guys. And yes, it's a shitty plot device anyway.
>>14818044
How do you fucking fit them inside small ass plane that has shitton of moving parts ALREADY? Kawameme is a planefag, he's smart enough to never make shit like that.
>>
>>14817956
Boosters allow for plane to go trough fault - you can't jump without one.
Too navigate thou you eighter use superior computer or do 'I am leaf in the wind' thing. Windemere can see fold energy in normal space, have been repeatedly shown, especially Keith, to fly instinctively. Everybody else are using fold booster and integral fold system for larger vessels - Windermere eighter suplement that tech by their abilities or they go au naturel.
>>14818012
>>14818016
And VF-171 aren't really inferior in comparison to VF-25, when you exclude fold based technology Messiah carries. And said fold tech is, repeatedly, mentioned to be very expensive - this is main reason why Xaos is using Kairos/Siegfried in the middle of nowhere - it is demonstration of next gen mainline valkirie, cheap to produce while making use of all shiny new toys Frontier introduced.
Nightmare Plus is, what, three generations old? IRL there are nations that have MIG-19/21 in their airforce, I imagine planets like Al Shahal would use anything flyable as well.
>>14818016
Again, price is pumped by fold tech integrated into it.
>>14818030
Apple orchard.
>>14818040
It is continuation of Frontier subplots and lore and after infodumps VAR makes sense. At least as much as everything that happened so far.
>>14818044
Wasn't folding tech packed into Lil Drakens?
>>
>>14818040
>because anyone who sings can now create a literal drone army for themselves so why not ball songs altogether?
only wind/star singer can do that
>>
>>14818054
Only Freyja and Cassim worshipped Apples. LONG LIVE WINDERMERE.
>>14818056
> Wasn't folding tech packed into Lil Drakens?
No, they are too small for that. And how the fuck windies would fould outta air raids with NO drones left.
>>14818059
You can mutate anyone into Star Singer with enough of her DNA. We Dune now.
>>
File: HegMfkC.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
HegMfkC.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>14818059
>>14818055
>>14818056
>only wind/star singer can do that
I know the characters are barely there but how can you forget that this cunt managed to make Messer go into a Var state? And just saying because they pulled out of their asses that the bacteria that was lethal to humans unless they underwent a treatement or it occurred naturaly gave everyone magic singing ability is bullshit, did you forget that Sheryl was dying and that Ranka was a mutant?
>>
>>14818055
>Kawameme is a planefag, he's smart enough to never make shit like that.
The whole transformation concept is impossible and doesn't work. And you have no idea how big fold boosters actually are with Delt'as modern tech. 60 years ago computers were taking the size of the several rooms. Now it fits in a simple smartphone.

I'm pretty sure that the fact Drakens have built-in fold boosters was confirmed somewhere in interview.
>>
>>14818068
Messer did not turn into a slave. He was VARed but was determined enough to keep his free will or something. It was never explained how Messer counteracted VAR.
>>
>>14818075
>It was never explained how Messer counteracted VAR.
Same way Hayate did, he shoved the mind control in a plot hole
>>
>>14818054
Despite embargo Epsilon had official permission to trade with Windermere.
>>
>>14818073
They have a shitty version of Fold Wave System, which they use for RIDING THE WIND. It was not a Fold Booster.
>>
>>14818068
how is the super special snowflake connection between one singer and one pilot the same as "create a literal drone army for themselves"? only wind/star singer can affect large populations..

if you haven't noticed, walkure is largely curing var instead of causing it to manifest
>>
>>14818075
Anon please, that was a blatant plot hole but then again I guess they didn't acutally know what they were doing anymore and were just winging it as they went along, this anime is filled with half baked plot points that are left to rot out of nowhere so its par for the course
>>
>>14818080
yeah but what the fuck are they trading then?
>>
>>14818083
Make them sing Star/Wind song and god knows what will happen.
>>
>>14818083
>how is the super special snowflake connection between one singer and one pilot the same as "create a literal drone army for themselves"?
Simple, if one is able to do why not a bunch of crazies get together and sing hard enough? It worked for Basara and he didn't have any vajra bacteria bullshit but now that everyone and their dog have it what is stopping anyone and everyone from weaponizing it? Or accidentaly unleashing hell? Imagine what would happen now if Sheryl or Ranka started singing, they would take control of a whole colony by complete accident
>>
>>14818100
> Or accidentaly unleashing hell?
That actually reminds me. Will we see birth of not-Slaanesh in the next Macross?
>>
>>14818095
>>14818100
nothing because they need the wind/star singing platform too

>It worked for Basara and he didn't have any vajra bacteria bullshit
basara didn't fucking mind control people, he released people from mind control

>what is stopping anyone and everyone from weaponizing it?
the lack of protoculture tech to make it actually work

>Imagine what would happen now if Sheryl or Ranka started singing, they would take control of a whole colony by complete accident
they already sing all the goddamned time
>>
>>14817850

> As for mind control, Quarter with Sheryl and Ranka warps in, do the thing, no thread anymore

I don't think that's how it works. They can reach and calm a lot of Vajra, but VAR calming works differently and can't be transmitted through electronics according to the first few episodes.
>>
>>14818109
> nothing because they need the wind/star singing platform too
You can replicate it. Or dig another one somewhere. Epsilon jews did their job and probably got the blueprints.
>>
>>14818092
Windies are probably exchanging fold quartz for arms and military tech. I doubt they buy those planes with hot virgin wind pussies.
>>
>>14818114
unfortunately for the sake of plot, only one exists

all you're really saying is a bunch of "but what if" that don't really apply

might as well ask "why doesn't hayate just become super pilot and kill all of aerial knights"
>>
>>14818117
Its spess muslims we are talking about. Sex slaves are fine.
>>14818119
>why doesn't hayate just become super pilot and kill all of aerial knights
And he literally becomes one yet kills no one. A pity actually. No-kills MCs are the worst shit ever.
>>
>>14818117

Okay, the "probably" I can accept. Just don't state it like it's an established fact.
>>
>>14818122
There's almost no established facts in Delta because writers are a bunch of talentless hacks. Frontier writer probably maniacally laughs somewhere now.
>>
>>14818075
Yet when it happened to Hayate everyone was horrified.
>>
>Delta finished
Guess I got something to marathon now.
>>
>>14818125
>someone is praising Yoshino
I hope you just don't know ho he is and what his other works are.
>>
>>14818139
I know. He was better than Delta guys for sure. At least Frontier had decent conclusion.
>>
>>14818145
>decent conclusion.
Again, I hope you just don't know that sky ending was entirely his idea.
>>
>>14818079
No, they both were huge waifufags and their love for their waifu prevented them from going full Var.
>>
>>14818150
I did not care about romance. And Sheryl won anyway, Alto fucked her.
>>14818156
Aka plothole.
>>
>>14818113
Star singer's network is modeled after Vajra - both Ranka and Sheryl can access second one and allow other people, via fold quartz, to participate. There is no reason why it wouldn't work for windermere knock off really.
Galaxy was doing it with implants as well. Basara was, as far as we know, capable of similiar effect on his own, via pure hotbloodness.
>>14818114
Again, Galaxy managed networking and controling people via fold network even before event of Frontier, so tech is at least +10 years old.
>>14818121
Check out how targeting works in macross. Since Zero, chronologically first known instance, VF-0 computers do all target acquisition, while pilot only chooses what to hit, via eye movement.
Target reticule can sit on center of the target but one can target subsystems as well. It seems to be a general feature, not some sort of uberhack of MC powers. Thou hand-eye coordination to pull this off obviously is.
>>14818122
>established fact.
We are watching in universe entertainment piece, anon. If you want 'hard' facts, wait for new VF Files - which are said to be in verse Jane's files.
>>14818158
>And Sheryl won anyway, Alto fucked her.
And if novels are anything to trust, they've ended up together, while Ranka hooked up with her Onii-chan.
>>
>>14818109
>nothing because they need the wind/star singing platform too
Did you fucking watch frontier? Did you not notice how both Ranka and Sheryl overpowered a galactic hivemind? By singing really fucking hard?
>>
>>14818164
> Check out how targeting works in macross. Since Zero, chronologically first known instance, VF-0 computers do all target acquisition, while pilot only chooses what to hit, via eye movement.
> Target reticule can sit on center of the target but one can target subsystems as well. It seems to be a general feature, not some sort of uberhack of MC powers. Thou hand-eye coordination to pull this off obviously is.
Oh, this. Did we actually see that in Delta. It was in Zero and in Frontier both Alto and Ozma did it.
>>
>>14818150

Got any proof of that, because sky end was posited in an interview linked in the last thread as a cumulatively unconscious idea that was half a joke between the staff - not Yoshino solely.
>>
>>14818175
Yes, once with Bogue being shot down and few times while shooting down VARed NUNS and planetary forces.
>>
>>14815557
>>14815576
>>14815632
No that's aldnoah shit get it right already.
>>
if you think its not as bad as it actually is ask yourself this

which characters names from delta do you actually remember without googling it?

i thought so
>>
>>14818202
Aldnoah was just boring though since it had a god mode MC who just used wikipedia to defeat everyone
>>
>>14818212

All of the main ones? Or at least the supposed main ones i.e. all of Walkure, Delta Squad, the Aerial Knights, Ernest and the Windermere Royalty. And I say that as someone who thinks it's mostly boring after episode 13, that even a good few of the episodes before that point are only interesting due to good will and setup that ultimately goes nowhere, who gave up about episode 22 and rate it as one of the worst entries in the franchise along with II for being rather forgettable ultimately.

In a few months time I'll probably have forgotten most of them, but I certainly haven't yet.
>>
>>14818212
Holy shit, I actually forgot the name of the yellow guy, the zentradi command dude and even the muslin guy
>>
>>14818212
All of them except for completely background characters like bridge bunnies.

At least for me remembering names usually doesn't have anything to do with how good or bad a show is. If I discuss some anime a lot on 4chan I will obviously memorize character's names. But if I marathon anime alone I will probably instantly forget their names. For example one week ago I finished watching Yamato 2199, I liked it a lot, but I can't remember a single name except for Mori Yuki and Analyzer.
>>
>>14818212
Messer, Mirage, Freja, Arado, Keith, and Chuck. I honestly cant' remember the MC's first name, but the last name was Imalman.
>>
>>14818328
>Forgetting Okita and Kodai
How the fuck did you manage that.
>>
watched one episode, was fucking dogshit.
>>
>>14818228
>just boring
(You)
>>
>>14818379
It doesn't mean I forgot their characters, I just don't remember their names. I haven't discussed this anime anywhere so their names is something unimportant for my brain.
>>
>>14818229
>>14818235
>>14818328
>>14818339

i saw SDF 11 years ago and i still remember even the minor cast names

i don't hate delta it has some decent/catchy songs

but i honestly forgot i was watching macross
>>
>>14818426
>i saw SDF 11 years ago
Did you watch SDF when you were 3 years old? Because why would you type like underaged faggot. I don't believe a guy who should be in his late 20s doesn't know how to capitalize letters.

>i don't hate delta
I'm pretty sure I saw your shitposting about Delta quite often in these threads. So fuck off.
>>
>>14818404
But it was, it always followed the exact same formula, new knight of the week would appear with insane ability and appear invencible while using said ability and then eggs-kun would spend 5 minutes with exposition about the enemy and then defeat them
>>
>>14818444
That's not boring, that's garbage. Stop trying to lower the bar for Aldnoah.
>>
>>14818448
No, garbage is when any anime completely disregards its own story and characters creating gaping plot holes in it, something that A/Z didn't do, the problem with A/Z was that if you saw the first 5 episodes you saw the whole show as they never deviated from the formula, so its main problem is that it never really did anything interesting, just followed a checklist
>>
>>14818454
>something that A/Z didn't do

(You)
>>
>>14818475
I think everyone already understood that you're from /v/, no need to repeat it.
>>
>>14818475
You are free to point out exactly what plot point did the anime disregard or what else it did wrong, just posting (you) is not an argument you shrieking ape
>>
Who won?
>>
>>14818576
Best girl won.
>>
>>14818587
I didn't watch.
Mikumo?
>>
>>14818593
This might be a controverisal opinion, but Mikumo was the best girl in Macross so far. She didn't get the screentime she deserved, but she was the best
>>
>>14818593
Did you watch only first few episodes? Mikumo lost her best girl status very early into the series.

No, the real best girl won. There wasn't even any competition. It was similar to EVOL where Kawamori was heavily favouring his daughteru and the other girl was completely ignored.
>>
>>14818593

He means Freyja, though I'd argue the best girl part. Not that I think Mirage is any better, just that I don't think calling either a best is giving more credit than they deserve. Freyja was fun and cute for about 6 or 7 episodes (I liked her and Hayate blowing off steam by taking a dance in his VF), then kind of boring for a while and then she just got gratingly saccharine and melodramatic on top of being kind of boring.

Mikumo started off cool in an over the top and flamboyant manner, but the show tried to play up her mystery for 20 episodes before resolving it in a really over-extended arc with a wet fart ending before finally giving her some character - about 15 seconds before she was knocked out, kidnapped and forced to become part of the villain's plan.

I'm not sure there's any best girls in Delta. Even the bridge bunnies have little screen time by the standards of bridge bunnies, and beyond fun designs no real presence. It's basically just a case of picking an archetype and going with that, since the execution of all of them is pretty lacking for a variety of reasons.
>>
>>14818650
>beyond fun designs
That jellyfish-on-top-of-the-head girl was cute.
>>
>>14818648
Cool
>>14818649
"I didn't watch"
>>14818650
Lame
>>
File: 1474996643017.jpg (187KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1474996643017.jpg
187KB, 1366x768px
>>14818593
Mikumo wasn't even in the race
>>
>>14818688

And yet she still managed to end up more likable than Freyja. I kind of wish the focus in Delta was between Kaname and Mikumo, because I find their struggles and arcs more interesting than Freyja's. I'm not even sure Freyja had an arc. She started out wanting to join Walkure, then 2 episodes later was part of Walkure and mostly just reacted to stuff after that point.

By contrast Mikumo has no idea of her birth and ends up being an artificially raised being made purely to harness the power of song and Kaname is a former idol who lost her star and then had her second chance at fame through Walkure taken from her by Mikumo, and has to fall back and be the more managerial type again. Those are both interesting possible arcs. The show doesn't do much with them, but I find either of them more interesting than Freyja.

If the show did do that though it'd just be a rehash of Frontier, so in a way it's a good thing it didn't. Still, I wish they'd gone with at least one of those things. The other girl could have been a secondary character not involved in the triangle, same as Delta went with. Just with more resolution if possible.
>>
>>14818650
I wish Okada would write for Delta and someone else for IBO. It would greatly improve both series. I think Kawamori and Okada work wonderfully together. Yes, EVOL wasn't good, but together they still made it in some way entertaining and memorable. And it's not like Aquarion became better without them (yes, Logos was terrible). Neither Kawamori wrote anything good on his own (fucking Nobunaga no Fool). Okada is good at melodrama and love polygons, it would work perfectly in Macross. And with a different writer IBO would be able to get more typical for Gundam story and characters.

I still don't understand why they hired Nemoto Toshizou as Delta's writer. He is nobody. His only original work is Towa no Quon and I have never even heard about it before. He doesn't even have his own article on japanese wikipedia. It's completely understandable to hire newbies for VA roles. But it's retarded to hire literally who for a big franchise like Macross.
>>
File: 465481654357654.jpg (8KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
465481654357654.jpg
8KB, 235x214px
>>14815545
"Sucked" is a strong word. The show is a lukewarm 7/10 in my opinion. The production value is there and I've seen much worse shows.

However, as part of a larger and fairly successful franchise, it's at best mediocre and I'd put it on the bottom half of Macross entries.

I thought the same thing about Macross F, but then they released the movie adaptation which was a vast improvement over the TV series. Maybe they'll do the same for Delta...
>>
>>14818719
Is Okada writing IBO s2?
>>
>>14818756
Why would they change her when IBO is the most successful TV Gundam since 00.
>>
>>14815545
No, you're not crazy because it really didn't really have any redeeming factors. The writing was altogether atrocious, the fights were crap, the designs were at best medicore and the music was just run of the mill jpop.
>>
>>14818707
>And yet she still managed to end up more likable than Freyja.
Yeah, no. These "controversial" opinions won't get you anywhere. Freyja was best girl because of her go getter attitude and ballsy actions like singing in front of a VAR'd pilot or jumping off a cliff for her husbando. People like to compare Freyja to Ranka but Freyja's more optimistic and pleasant. Though I hated how the writers introduced the UAT WA HEIKI arc that kind of weakened Freyja's character. She was never even able to prove him wrong. The arc should have never been introduced if they have no way of proving it wrong.
>>
>>14818815
>the music was just run of the mill jpop.
Shit taste.
>>
>>14818732
On the other hand, even the TV version of Frontier got progressively better as it aired. It ended strong, which was nice.

Delta started out strong, stayed relatively good (with a few notable spikes in quality) until somewhere around episode 17-18, and then just sort of lost steam.

I don't actively hate the show's last arc or two, but it did feel really aimless.
>>
>>14818815
What utterly shit taste music wise, delta had great music.
>>
>>14818852

> implying it's supposed to be "controversial"

Yea, no. I don't like her because she has no real arc and is kind of boring, not because I'm trying to be controversial. Or "controversial" for that matter. And you trying to dismiss it by passing it off as a false opinion in some manner is kind of annoying. Even one of the things you listed, getting up in a Var victims face to cure them isn't unique to her.
>>
File: shot.png (477KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
shot.png
477KB, 1280x720px
>>14818862
I like Delta but fuck their were so many missed opportunities. No two episode finale, no final battle medley, no Hayate using dagger despite being safer on VAR pilots than fucking guns, no Immelman dance, no Keith/Heinz chemistry, no Lady M, no Mirage getting good, etc. Worst part is, for shipperfags, we got no Hayate and Freyja embracing each other at their lowest point like in Frontier(pic related). All because they needed to drag on a boring triangle and save the winner for the end. Also, no kissu, at all. Delta is not the worst Macross but fuck was it the most disappointing.
>>
>>14818895
>she has no real arc
The whole anime is her arc. She is the main character, everything revolves around her. You see all kind of problems she was facing and how gradually she changes and matures with every episode.
Admit it, you just dislike energetic optimistic young girls.
>>
>>14818920

Look anon, I know she's your waifu, and you love her - but not everyone is required to share that opinion. And no, maturing isn't an arc. It's progression and development if it happens. It might even tie in to an arc, but it's not an arc on it's own. I don't even think she grew mature though personally. Her refusal to sing in the safety of a lab because she hates what it might imply for her relationship with Hayate before half heartedly singing during a battle later so as to give the impression she was trying is not mature behaviour.
>>
>>14818940
>I don't even think she grew mature though personally.
Well see, that's wrong. At first she made faces, acted childish, and thought being a part of Walkure was fun and games. She grew from all that. You can't say Freyja from episode 1 is the same as Freyja after the show ended. You just can't. You probably will anyways though, but you'd be wrong. Simple as that.
>>
>>14818940
>And no, maturing isn't an arc. It's progression and development if it happens.
I don't even know what you consider to be an arc. And since when main characters require dedicated "arc"? They are the fucking main characters, they move plot, everything happening one screen involves them, the whole story is their arc. Like for example what was Shinji's arc in Evangelion? You're writing something really stupid.
>>
>>14818940
Oh, forgot to mention

>I know she's your waifu, and you love her
You're fucking retard. Kill yourself.
>>
>>14818949

Making faces isn't immature, it's just being silly. Which is divorced from the concept of maturity. You can be silly and still be mature.

I can't say whether Freyja at the end is the same as Freyja at the end since I stopped watching at episode 21 or 22, and consequently I haven't seen the final couple of episodes. I will say i thought she grew less mature over time though, not more. Not making faces any more isn't a sign of maturity, but at the start she was able to deal with bad things, like being branded a traitor, even if I think her dealing with it is handled in to simple and quick a manner and makes the issue essentially inconsequential - while near the end she couldn't deal with bad things, like the possibility of something bad happening to Hayate.

I think you just need to accept that not everyone will love anything, including your waifu anon. And that that's okay.
>>
>>14815545
You're not wrong. Macross is now used to finance other projects by Kawamori.

I was so psyched about Eng-sub JP BDs. But fuck this show. Story and action scenes are boring, and animation sucks.
>>
>>14818815
Delta's music was great. The hell are you on about.
>>
>>14818959

An arc would be a character staring at one place emotionally, mentally, whatever error and going through development, ending up at another place where they're able to handle whatever issue they had at the start in a different way, for better or worse. A character's goals usually end up tying in to it heavily and driving them to make those changes. Freyja's goal is to join Walkure. Which happens within short order. After that she's basically aimless, and just reacting to stuff.

I never said a character had to have one by the way. And not all should or do. Including some of my favourite characters and shows. I only said that I preferred Mikumo and Kaname because I found their arcs (though it might be the wrong word in Kaname's case) more interesting and found Freyja boring. Even if she had an arc that might not change, nor is the lack if one the only issue with her.

Also, Shinji starts off with trouble dealing with people, a complete lack of confidence and no real sense of self worth. He seems to have it completely turned around by the time he fights the shadow angel, at which point the plot starts shitting all over him and he starts to lose those things again - but still chooses the pain of existence and the chance of being hurt so he can interact with others in the finale. His arc could be stated as going from not having any friends and trouble with people to have friends and embracing interaction and people.
>>
>>14818969
>I think you just need to accept that not everyone will love anything, including your waifu anon
This is not /a/, retard. People with good taste like good characters, simple as that. I'm amazed how you managed to miss Freyja growing from a girl who just wants to sing to a girl who wants to save the whole galaxy with her singing. For Freyja singing was more important than her life. But she wanted to ditch it because for her Hayate was more important than singing and her life. It's called love.
>>
>>14818481
>Implying we should take "It's the new SEED Destiny" shit posting seriously followed by a/z isn't shit
Admit you want people to like Destiny already. You're not fooling anyone.
>>
>>14819005

You sound like you have a lot of anger anon. Maybe you should take a page from Freyja's book and just relax and get over it.
>>
>>14819005
She's a decent character, but no one is obliged to like her. Kawamori get the fuck outta 4chan, you dirty waifufag.
>>
>>14819022
>but no one is obliged to like her
And when exactly did I imply it?
I'm annoying by faggots saying that she has no development when it's obviously no true.
>>
>>14819027
No one said she has no development. She has no arc. Mikumo or Roid have arcs, not your cutesy waifubait, Kawamori-san.
>>
>>14819034
>No one said she has no development. She has no arc.
Seriously, this is the second most retarded thing I've read in these threads after "Freyja is Mary Sue". She literally moves the plot until it's taken by windies in the final episodes.
>>
>>14819059
No, windies move the plot. She sings, that's it. 4 other idols also sing.
>>
>>14819034
Just because you label her as "waifubait" doesn't mean she has no arc or development, autist-kun. Freyja is not the same as she was in the beginning.
>>
>>14819071
At the end of the show she wants the D. That's all, folks. And yes, she's waifubait, just like Makina.
>>
>>14819010
No, it's generic dislike for bandwagoning faggots like you who can't form their own opinion and just parrot other people. For example I can write a whole wall of text about what's wrong with A/Z, it's not that hard. But then there are just mentally handicaped idiots like you who can't think for themselves, can't express their own opinion and write even three sentences of coherent text. They just use other's people thoughts and spam threads with useless one line posts. "It's shit, shit characters, shit plot, kek, (You)" is the absolute maximum of their intellectual activity. These people contribute nothing to this board and should just kill themselves.
>>
>>14819090
This board is half-dead reanimated corpse, anon.
>>
>>14819090
>parrot other people
Talk about calling the kettle black. Kek
>>
>>14819078
>At the end of the show she wants the D.
Nearly every Macross girl ends up wanting the D in the end. Don't be stupid.
>comparing Freyja to Makina
I thought I told you not to be stupid, anon.
>>
Waifufags are cancer killing anime. Great Purge awaits.
>>
>>14819096
>Absolute maximum of intellectual activity the post
>>
>>14819059

No, Roid moves the plot along for most of the show. Freyja responds to what he's done most of the time, but is hardly alone in doing so and normally does so on Ernest's command.

>>14819071

She did lose most of her charm and silliness throughout the show. You could probably plot a chart with charm versus feelings for Hayate and draw a pretty decent parallel between the two. She's mostly just a bag of melodrama by the point I stopped watching.

>>14819090

It's funny how when people are voicing an opinion you don't like it's parroting something and lack of individual thought, but then you want people to parrot your opinion on Freyja and stop thinking differently. Maybe they're not parroting something anon - maybe we just disagree with you?

Also, none of the posts you're responding to are one line posts or just variations of "it's shit".
>>
>>14819078
>she's waifubait, just like Makina.
I was always wondering what does waifubait mean. Now I know. Cute girl = waifubait.
>>
>>14819126
Not exactly. Bridge bunnies are cute, but they are in no way waifubait material. Walking quirks like Walkure are.
>>
>>14819122
>It's funny how when people are voicing an opinion
Is this "voicing opinion" >>14818404? I was referring to that anon. Do you even know how quoting works on this site?

>but then you want people to parrot your opinion on Freyja and stop thinking differently
I never said or implied it, you colossal shitlord.
>>
>>14819151
>gigafaggot calls others shitlords
/m/, not even once.
>>
>>14819078
Are you new or something? Best girls in Macross always end up wanting the D in the end. Misa is best girl in the entire franchise and I think she wanted the D more than any other Macross girl. As for Freyja, she had more going on then simply wanting to be with Hayate.
>>
>>14819151

Why are you linking to a post by someone about Aldnoah Zero like it has any relevance to people discussing Freyja.

Also, you (or someone) said that people with good taste like good characters, specifically Freyja. You might not have used the words "everyone has to like her", but it's the same in effect.
>>
>>14819170
>Why are you linking to a post by someone about Aldnoah Zero
More like why did you respond to >>14819090 if it's about Aldnoah Zero and has nothing to do with discussion about Freyja? You must be mentally handicapped too.

>Also, you (or someone) said that people with good taste like good characters, specifically Freyja. You might not have used the words "everyone has to like her", but it's the same in effect.
Oh, you're just new here.
>>
>Delta is so shit people are shit posting about fucking Aldnoah to keep the thread afloat.
My sides.
>>
>>14819170
>You might not have used the words "everyone has to like her", but it's the same in effect.
You must be one of those types that gets easily triggered or something.
>>
>>14819193
At least read the thread before posting.
>>
>>14819195

Says the guy defending Freyja because someone said they didn't like her. Not even that they thought she was bad. Just that someone didn't like her.
>>
>>14818815
Delta has better music than Frontier. Though I still think Minmay has the best songs.
>>
>>14819135
Thanks for correction. Cute girl* = waifubait

* must have more than 5 minutes of screen time.
>>
>>14819207
Except I'm not that same anon, don't go accusing me of things just because your feelings are hurt.
>>
>>14819207
>like her
Not him but. Actually anon was pointing out Freyja has development. Completely different.
>>
>>14819217

It doesn't actually matter if you aren't the same anon, because the point stands that you're calling someone easily offended for pointing out that a meaning of a line in the middle of an argument started over a simple difference of opinion. If I was triggered by anything it was him saying I can't have a different opinion on Freyja well before that point. Which was after he became triggered that I didn't share his opinion.
>>
>>14819218

Actually him and he said she had development in response to a post saying I didn't like her and I didn't think she had an arc. So it's not actually different.
>>
>>14819223
You got triggered by someone claiming some girl has development. He wasn't saying you had to like her. Why is this so hard to comprehend, anon?
>>14819227
Didn't you take the time to think he was responding to the part of your post that says "she had no arc" and not the part that says "I don't like her"?
>>
>>14819227
>Actually him
It's so obvious at this point that you're new to this site and don't have even a slightest idea how things work here. Here's my first reponse to you, retard: >>14818920. It's literally me saying that you're wrong and she does have development and arc.
Just lurk moar, newfriend. I haven't seen people reacting to someone calling their taste shit in years. It's the most casual thing you can hear here.

>he became triggered that I didn't share his opinion.
I laughed.
>>
>>14819244

Well when the part he quoted (>>14818852) was specifically me saying I didn't like her and then called it an artificial opinion, yea i though he was speaking specifications about my opinion, not about her lack of an arc or development (which I hadn't mentioned).
>>
>>14819266
Next time refresh page, before posting.
>Here's my first response to you, retard: >>14818920 (You). It's literally me saying that you're wrong and she does have development and arc.
>>
>>14819272

Actually next time I'll just try not to get in a pointless succession of posts like this in the first place since you don't seem to have any interest in discussing a point.
>>
>>14819286
You're ignoring the point, anon.
>>
>>14818815
Music was great. Sieggy-chan and Draken are sexy as fuck. Fuck your opinion.
>>
>>14818815
Next you're gonna tell me your aldnoah shit ost and sawano shit is better.
>>
>>14815545
It did suck quite hard.
>>
File: 500438_615[1].jpg (82KB, 615x513px) Image search: [Google]
500438_615[1].jpg
82KB, 615x513px
Newtype yearly awards.
https://webnewtype.com/news/article/89009/

In the preliminary results Delta, its characters, staff and Satelight were in the top of of the charts. Those results were from times when Delta was still extremely fun.
Now full results are out and Delta lost almost all of its positions. It still holds #3 for the best anime, but it's probably because of all votes during its first half. No Freyja in top 10, no Hayate.
>>
>>14818437
you obviously have never been drunk before have you and this is my first delta thread and im 39 sunshine
>>
>>14820471
>guys lol I'm so drunk rofl
Please end yourself.
>>
>>14820479
man are you serious?

grow up we are on an anonymous image board why are you getting so mad
>>
>>14820482
No one likes retards. Kill yourself.
>>
>>14820489
Who the fuck gets triggered over capitalization?

Oh right.. secret club retards like yourself.
>>
>>14820591
Why does every newfag think that someone is triggered when asking retards to kill themselves? I do it for 9 years already. It's called self-moderation, something this site is built around since its very creation. And I don't give a fuck about capitalization, but if you think that "I'm so drunk" posts are acceptable you don't belong here as well.
>>
>>14820604
>New fag
>Anon actually explaining and bragging
If you're actually over 20 and acting like this i pray for the worlds sanity.
>>
>>14820604
> Why does every newfag think that someone is triggered when asking retards to kill themselves? I do it for 9 years already.

Yeah, which is why we expected you to grow out of it by now.
Its almost as if you have not properly matured. Like your mental and emotional growth has been slowed or retarded in some way.
>>
>>14820645
>>14820663
Why are you so triggered by that post?
>>
>>14820672

I enjoy picking at the scabs of people that assert that they represent the will and spirit of a community I belong to. They usually sperg the fuck out about being challenged.

Before I hit reply, I write down a number, lets call it X. If someone makes a no true scostman argument within the next X posts, I get a gold star. If its happens exactly X posts after mine, I get THREE gold stars.

Its a pretty fun game. Try it at home!
>>
>>14820698
I would expected you to grow out of it by now.
Its almost as if you have not properly matured. Like your mental and emotional growth has been slowed or retarded in some way.
>>
>>14820706

Its like staring into my own reflection. My handsome, handsome reflection.
>>
>>14820698
>I enjoy picking at the scabs of people that assert that they represent the will and spirit of a community I belong to.
Been here for years and i sometimes just lurk targeting anons like this.
>>
>>14820706
>>14820712
>>14820738
Calm your asspergers. Why do you feel the need to respond to every single shitpost? If you're so smart and care about this community just stop responding.
>>
File: (you).jpg (64KB, 320x304px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
64KB, 320x304px
>>14820706
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2qamgp
It's been fun anon-kun. Here have a video.
>>
>>14820842
Even those 2 anons stopped. Why can't you calm your asspergers too?
>>
>>14815545

nah it was breddy gud
>>
>>14818044
No built in Fold Boosters. Either a VF uses a Fold Booster or they piggy back a Fold.

The Protoculture left point to point Fold gate tech on the Brisingr. That is how the Drakens get around. Similar to the transporter like Fold stones on Ouroboros.
>>
>>14818056
The Nightmare Plus s 4th generation like the VF-19 and VF-22. YF-24 Evolution decendants are 5th generation.
>>
OP i am so sorry for you that you stuck with it.

I dropped it on 21 or 22, it just got too stupid
>>
>>14815545
it did, they were in the right track trying to make sense of the shit that is the Macross "cannon" timeline, but failed in all the ways modern anime tends to fail.
>>
>>14822143

When was Delta ever trying to do that?
>>
I regret watching Delta to its conclusion. One of the bigger issues I feel is shoehorning in attempts for sympathy for Windermere, even though they're literally mind controlling people into violence and submission, and the fact the first half could have actually been drawn out while the second half could be condensed into a couple episodes. Hayate also was a pretty terrible protagonist, most of the cast was likewise boring and mostly fulfilling archetypes. Kaname actually was a somewhat interesting character, but she's mostly kept out of any speaking lines. There's also the wind analogy of flying very well with sparkle trails(??) instead of just having pilots actually be talented like Messer. Messer himself could have been used as a teacher/mentor figure of sorts for Hayate.

At least there were scenes with Monster destroids.

>>14818339
>I honestly cant' remember the MC's first name
It's pretty hard to forget Hayate's name, since Freyja and Mirage continually called out his name at least once an episode.
>>
>>14815545
>Macross
>Macross II
>Macross Zero
the others are garbage
>>
>>14822574
>Hayate also was a pretty terrible protagonist
To be fair, Macross is never good with MCs. Hayate is underdeveloped but he's by no means terrible. Shin was terrible. Isamu too.
>>
Macross Delta fucking sucks.
>>
>>14823114

I kind of liked Shin's selfish desire to pilot alone because he thought his copilot was holding him back arcing in learning to cooperate with him. It was a simple arc since there wasn't much time to do anything, but it was okay. He'll never be my favourite by any stretch but it's okay. Isamu is okay as a flawed but understandable individual too. Hayate has character hooks in his love of dancing and daddy issues but nothing ever really comes of them and he's mostly just kind of boring.
>>
>>14817584
>nothing worse then IBO this decade
>when AGE exists
>>
>>14821088
Ok, supernova planes are 4th gen <first bein VF-1, second VF-4 and third VF-11, yes?>, with original Nightmare being late of that generation. Then this makes Nightmare Plus more like 4.5 gen plane, kinda like Silent Eagle project.
And even if we classify Kairos into same generation as Evolution, it has been ten years between them, without quantum leap of YV-19/21 provided.
>>14822158
Protoculture stuff, SFD-1, deepest lore on song and fold, actually explaining VAR in way that makes sense and ties it directly with Zero and Frontier, some stuff about planes, Jenius family.
>>14823114
Isamu is an asshole but works well as hotshot pilot. Very topgunnish.
>>
>>14823233

None of that is an attempt to fix the canon, only to establish and enrich the setting.
>>
>>14817633
>using "rekt"
Hi, /v/!
>>
>>14823244
But it is an attempt at >trying to make sense of the shit.
>>
>>14823326

I wouldnt say it's making sense of it so much as building on it. Those things already make sense, saying it's attempting to implies there's something wrong that needs resolving.
>>
>>14817783
>A squadron of highly competent professional pilots who soldier on to do their job, despite their personal reservations and waning resources
Not enough angst, too much museru
>>
>>14818719
>I think Kawamori and Okada work wonderfully together. Yes, EVOL wasn't good, but together they still made it in some way entertaining and memorable.
You could have just said AKB0048. Now that was special (and better than Delta)
>>
>>14823554

AKB0048 sucked, though. Its 'nothing happens: the show'. None of the girls have anything but a paper thin personality, none of them want to do anything but sing, we never get any kind of explanation whatsoever about why the hell singing is banned on some words so militantly that its become an issue in the first place... and the music isn't even good. Its really bland, generic jpop that is recorded in a different audio quality so it sticks out like a sore thumb, and they only sing the same 4 songs over and over again.

Maybe it gets better in the second season, but after watching the first season I can't imagine why I would waste my time on it further.
>>
>>14823574
>AKB0048 sucked
>>
From the most recent NT interview:
>Kawamori said that he would like to do an OVA about Wright. An anon in 2ch commented that he also wants to write more about Windermere and Walkure (Delta Platoon who?)
>After this Heinz decided to bury the hatch and begin peace talks. On another グレメカ interview according to one user he basically states that Windermere has the upper hand. Aerial Knights, Sigur Valens and Heinz are alright while Xaos suffered major loses and only managed to liberate Voldor and Ragna, but Heinz decides to go for peace talks.
>It's not that Hayate didn't choose Mirage, but that Mirage is his partner.
>>
>>14823686
Also he never had any plans to reveal Lady M's true identity, and flying in the sky is Windermere's rite of passage. No talks about movies for now.
>>
File: Glowing Erection.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Glowing Erection.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>14823686
But Roid's bullshit changes nothing about the political environment and sentiments about the war. From the way the show presented Windermere, the majority shared Bogue's mindset and wanted galactic conquest.
>>
File: Wind intensifies.webm (255KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Wind intensifies.webm
255KB, 852x480px
>>14823114
The rivals aren't much better.
>>
>>14823714
Actually the majority was pretty much against the idea until Roid told them it was what Gramia wanted, and what their cute shota king also wants now. Bogue and others only cared about the part about kicking NUNS's galactic ass.

I left it out, but the same anon said that in the same magazine it was stated that most of the people in the planets Windermere conquered lived normal lives in-between eps 7-17 (when Roid goes nuts), and only NUNS soldiers and some of their political leaders were mind-controled. There's also very little dislike against Windermere.
>>
>>14823686
Can we see scans on those interviews? 2ch users loves to misquote them. For example:
>Windermere has the upper hand. Aerial Knights, Sigur Valens and Heinz are alright while Xaos suffered major loses
When exactly did Xaos manage to lose anything? And what about NUNS? They did lose big fleet, but they should have shitton of other fleets.

>only managed to liberate Voldor and Ragna
Does that mean that other planets are still under Windermerian mind-control? That doesn't sound right.
>>
>>14823686
>An anon in 2ch commented that he also wants to write more about Windermere
At first I thought that the whole focus on windermerians is something requested by sponsors. But now it seems Kawamori is just fucked in the head.
Who the fuck cares about them? I bet even nips don't like them in general.
>>
>>14823819
I'm only quoting what I read there, no scans.

>When exactly did Xaos manage to lose anything?
The anon said that the Elysion was severely damaged after ep 26.

>Does that mean that other planets are still under Windermerian mind-control? That doesn't sound right.
Yeah. Xaos only managed to liberate Ragna and Voldor, and the latter has very little strategic value, according to that other interview. So one could think about this as Windermere's 'win'. It's just that Heinz has discovered that his true will is to stop the war and so he does after ep 26. To be honest this is no different to other Macross series where the antagonists are always more powerful and the protagonists save the day mostly because the antagonists had a change of heart for the better.
>>
>>14823174
>It was a simple arc since there wasn't much time to do anything, but it was okay
That's really no excuse for a lack of development. Hayate had more development in 5 or 6 episodes than Shin did in 5 OVA episodes. Even after Freyja stole his spotlight, Hayate was still somewhat likeable. Never cared about Shin. Or Isamu since he was arguably worse than Shin.
>>14823740
True true. Rivalries in Macross never get properly resolved either. Kinda sad that Hayate is the only MC that could defeat the rival ace, and he's a pacifist/waifufag.
>>
>>14823826
It should have been obvious since the second key visuals were revealed almost one year ago now that this story is about Windermere and Walkure. Delta Platoon are literal whos with no weight in the overall story. Heck, Keith, Heinz and Mikumo are more important to the overall plot than Hayate and Mirage. Several anons noted in the thread that he did not once speak about the Delta Platoon.

I got all the info from here
>http://macross-matome.net/delta-chat/11556/
>>
File: macross_delta_latest[1].jpg (277KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
macross_delta_latest[1].jpg
277KB, 1280x720px
>>14823849
>second key visuals
It's just marketing and it's dictated by producers. For example chinese twins are in the front of the poster like they have some major role, but they have probably 10 lines in total. If anything this poster is a proof that windies were heavily forced by sponsors trying to get few bucks from bishounen lovers.

And I don't understand Kawamori. If this show is supposed to be about windies then why do we know more about Ragna and their culture? Windermere is literally mountains, snow, apples and nothing else. Mentioning word wind in every sentence doesn't create unique culture. On Ragna we saw shitton of their architecture, tourist attractions, mercats and their lifestyle, we learned that if you bully mercats you will marry late, we saw Ragnyan festival, Ragnayan funeral, we heard several legends about jellyfish and shit, we saw their food, we saw their beds. And they left Ragna after episode 13. We never saw anything similar about Windermere in anime.

Fuck that planet. Make OVA about Walkures (and Hayate) only.
>>
>>14823983
>why do we know more about Ragna and their culture?
Are you serious? We know all that stuff about Windermere: the apples and how important they are to them, the wind (fold waves) and how they live by it, the honor stuff, the architecture, those birds, the tournament that was supposed to be held but wasn't because of the war, how family-oriented they are, how they live in the present to the max, how they have mixed feelings about their short lives but at the same time cherish giving their everything even if it means dying shortly after, etc.

Also, I can't say much about how Ragnians are or what they value compared to Windermere.
>>
>>14823839

Hayate's only development in the first 5 episodes is to stop being a loner douche and actually take training and guidance. Which isn't actually that different from Shin and more development in the same time frame. He also basically stops developing past that point.

I'd also say that Basara's rivalry with Gigil has a decent enough resolution in that Basara brings Gigil around to his line of thinking. Rivalries in Macross tend to be more about getting people around to your way of thinking anyways.
>>
>>14824024
>the apples and how important they are to them
How and why?
For example rice is very important for nips because it's their main source of food. But Freyja barely could survive a week on apples only. You stomach won't make those rumbling sound after the week of living on rice.
So they can eat apples or they can fry and eat them. Anything else? Even Ragnyans had at least 2 kinds of food: jellyfish and sea spiders.

>the wind (fold waves) and how they live by it
As I said mentioning wind in every sentence doesn't create culture. How exactly fold waves impact their lives? Why do they honour it? What does it change that they can feel them? Freyja is windermerian too and she doesn't care about "wind" too much.

>the architecture
Literally 3 shots. Generic capital panorama, ordinary houses in capital, ordinary houses from Freyja's flashback (exactly same style). Just episode 2 of Delta has 5x more Ragna shots.
Also we saw interior of the castle, but not what's inside a single house (at least in anime). Do ordinary people even have electricity there? Probably. Who knows.
If you google Thomas Romain's concept art you will find shitton of art of Ragna. But only one of Windermere. Even Al-Shahal has more concept art. Maybe they just didn't publish it. Or maybe they didn't even plan to spent so much time on Windermere.

And so on and so on. I don't want to make huge multiquote post because I know how autistic these discussions become.
>>
>>14824116
I don't even know what you are talking about because the show has developed Windermere's culture quite extensively, imo. We know their values, their way of life, their strong attachement their planet, how they perceive the world through their runes (the wind talk you think that means nothing), how they feel about their short lifespans, etc.

Speaking of which, I just noticed how different Ragnians and Windermereans are in some aspects. For example, the first ones according to Chuck, prefer to take things easy and the jellyfish song kinda exemplifies this. Windermereans are more about finding a purpose in life and not wasting time and 'riding the wind', which I interpret as taking a more active approach to life in contrast to a more passive one. But I don't think the show is against Ragna's way of life, since they are praised for enjoying each moment, even if it's at a slower pace.
>>
>>14824174
>We know their values, their way of life, their strong attachement their planet
It's their lifestyle and believes, it's "immaterial" part of culture, they spent lots of time on it. But I wasn't talking about it, my original complaint was more about the planet itself and physical aspects of their culture.
>>
File: image.gif (490KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
490KB, 300x225px
>>14815545
How the fuck dare you, do you know how long I spent, how many sleepless nights where spent just trying to get a little closer to comprehending how many dicks you suck

Jk I actually only started watching macross, and I started with frontier
>>
>>14824036
>Hayate's only development in the first 5 episodes is to stop being a loner douche and actually take training and guidance.
Which is actually more than what Shin got. I never got the idea that Shin was changing because even though he was a soldier, violence always disgusted him. Hayate did change and after episode 5 he was becoming closer to Freyja. So not only did he find a hidden talent, start obeying orders, and act more optimistic, he found a person that made his heart go doki doki when in the first few eps we could have sworn he was asexual. But you are correct, his development was halted by Freyja and how she stole the role as MC.

Yes, rivalries never get a winner or loser. Though like how Hayate technically beat Keith, one could argue that Brera won against Alto.
>>
I finally watched the finale and holy shit, she survived!
>>
>>14824387

No, it's the same amount Shin got, since Shin too learned to work with others through the islanders, resulting in him accepting his copilot's help during fights, no longer pulling rash moves that knocked him out due to g-forces. And becoming closer to Sara because she made his heart doki-doki if you care about that I don't remember him being particularly phased by violence either honestly, though it's been years since I saw it, and again, it's hardly my favourite.

I'd also argue that Alto won against Brera since while he never beat him physically he made him question his actions on the films resulting in Brera rebelling and removing his controller, while Klan helped him beat Brera in the show and Alto realised how to one up Grace because of it. In both instances Brera comes to help Alto's side, not vice versa.
>>
>>14823686
>Windermere has the upper hand
I do not understand this at all. Heinz can only sing so much more before he kills himself while he lost his greatest administrator/advisor and his best pilot. NUNS has a near endless amount of man and industrial power as well as the ability to produce both ships that protect against song rape and ghosts that can't be song raped. I don't see how Windermere could exit that war without giving massive concessions or havingt the luck of some kind of galactic threat popping up somewhere else making them a really low priority.
>>
File: 147237167528.png (331KB, 580x467px) Image search: [Google]
147237167528.png
331KB, 580x467px
>>14823686
>>14823849
>samefag
retarded shiteposter from animesuki with its headcanons, fanwanks and adulterated copypastas from 2ch posts

fuck off go back to animesuki, retarded shitoposter
>>
>>14825849
Shin already knew how to work with others. He worked well enough with Edgar in the first dogfight and even criticized a squadmate for veering off away from the group. He was phased by a VF-0 pilot getting shot at by Nora, it reminded him of his murdered family. Sara kind of pushed a little bit of his development, bu the end of the series, he had a bigger appreciation for nature.
>>
>>14826173
Windermere = honorabry japaneese folded over a thousand times, NUN(S) = filty spess US gaijins. Makes sense now?
>>
>>14826173

Yeah. Especially when you consider that Windemere still has a handful of planets and a bunch of NUN forces under mind control, AND the rest of the galaxy would have felt the Song of the Stars being used against them. The top brass of the NUNG might be incompetent or corrupt and willing to turn a blind eye to what they consider a minor border conflict before. But after the events of the last episode, where they would have personally felt the effects of windemeren mind weapons?

Windemere is going to get hit, and hit HARD. They just made themselves galactic enemy number one, and they are at their weakest right now. The knights have lost two of their best pilots and are currently leaderless. Heinz is ill, and can't afford to keep using the song of the wind for long. The fold jammers work against the song of the wind well enough to protect a fleet against it unless they are destroyed (which Keith isn't around to do on easymode anymore) and the song of the stars which could overpower them is off the table. AND the NUN now knows how to get past the barrier around windemere using Walkure and the protoculture ruins, removing the main defense of their home world.

Unless windemere can pull a new wind singer out of their ass to continue the war, Windemere falls to NUN invaders in a matter of days. Even if they manage to do that, Windemere has lost the initiative and is now fighting a defensive war instead of an aggressive war. Heinz might be willing to open peace talks, but I seriously doubt the NUN would stop there. The NUN doesn't want Windemere to stop its war of aggression, it wants windemere to not be a threat anymore. Making peace but leaving their territory and military intact just means that they wait until they have a new wind singer/clone a new star singer, and then we are right back in the middle of the shit.

At bare minimum, Windemere cannot be allowed to maintain control of any of the planets they took that have protoculture ruins on them.
>>
File: Shigemitsu-signs-surrender.jpg (79KB, 740x593px) Image search: [Google]
Shigemitsu-signs-surrender.jpg
79KB, 740x593px
>>14826516
after reading >>14827126 yes it does
>>
>>14826322

I think you need to watch Zero again, because you appear to have some stuff either flat out wrong or mixed up. I thought some of it seemed a little off so I watched all 5 episodes on Youtube today as and when I could. Which did a few things for me. For a start, it made me appreciate Shin and Zero itself more than I had previously. For a second, it made me realize the Mayans are basically proto-Windermereans and Zero a first effort at Delta in several ways. The Mayans talk about wind a lot in the first two episodes and Sara and Mao realize stuff by "feeling the wind" several times. If the Mayans had heart shaped hair extensions they'd be Windermereans. Zero also tackles the same themes of culture clash that Delta flirted with on occasion throughout, along with painting the UN as shit heads despite their enemy being at least as bad as them. I also wondered about Windermere having a Birdman, since it was brought up a good bit in disucssion of the first half of the show and the other half of the Sigur Valans was theorized to be a Birdman.

Zero comes off as a show of two halves though. The military stuff, like any dogfights, Shin and Edgar training aboard the Asuka for Skull Squadron or scenes focusing on the UN personnel at various times. And then the Islander Mayan stuff, which feels a lot different and more melodramatic. Not always in a good way frankly. And I'm not sure the show seams the two together that well. Especially with Sara constantly giving out about Kaduns in the first three episodes. She's eventually revealed to have reason, but it doesn't really make her bitching any easier to tolerate. I still like it on the whole after seeing it again however.
>>
>>14828424

Regardless, Shin never criticizes a squadmate for veering off in the first episode. What he does do is piss one off by taking out a guy on his tail without letting the guy know what he was doing, which put the other guy in danger since he wasn't looking out for friendly fire. And the guy criticizes him for it. Which Edgar chastises Shin for, and says if he keeps doing it there'll be no-one left to look out for them. With Shin just responding that he doesn't need other people doing that and has never relied on anyone. Edgar asks if that includes him, and then Shin just looks at him coldly through the mirror making it clear that that's a yes. Edgar responds self-deprecatingly to it, but the first episode makes it clear that Shin is not good at working with others. All the communication in the first dog fight is from Edgar to Shin. Even when he returns to the Asuka with Roy in episode two he asks if the Phoenix has any one seater models because he doesn't like flying with people.

What changes him is being shot down in the first place and realizing all his squad are dead, with Edgar possibly included. Which is made fairly clear as soon as he wakes up on Maya and then finds a bit of a helmet in the ocean a few minutes later while asking about Edgar. He goes through that change in episode one and maybe a bit of episode two, not the whole five like I remembered. Then when Edgar interrupts him saying he would prefer a one seater aboard the Asuka in episode two he becomes a lot more accommodating as a pilot and there's a lot more back and forth both in training in that episode and in their first real fight together in the VF-0.
>>
>>14828429

He also doesn't have a flashback to his family when Nora downs one of his squad - he has it in episode two when he sees a pilot stagger from a downed VF-0 and then die in the explosion. Nora's there, but she's flying around up above and not involved in that moment. Nor is he shown to be disgusted by violence. When he's listing sins to try and make Sara feel better in episode 4 it's mostly small stuff like putting frogs in a teacher's bag, but he flashes to a shot of him killing a pilot in episode one. That's it. It doesn't say he's disgusted by violence, just that he considers killing a sin. Which is normal frankly. And it's not like it stops him killing anyone either, since he downs several more enemies in the next episode. He just considers it a sin, not disgusting.

After that change in attitude during episode two the rest of his development is first about becoming more appreciative of nature, including singing to help Sara at the end of episode 4 since he saw her as someone wounded and in need of healing. And which is kind of a sweet moment really. It's also about him learning not just to take things at face value and by the power of technology, seeing what can't be seen as it's described in show. Seeing the kaduns the Mayans talk about, the power of song and so on. When Sara criticizes him for fixing the island's generator and robbing the island of stars he initially tells her to just close her eyes and she can have all the darkness she wants, which is kind of a dick answer, but he later appears to regret that doing so did take star scapes from the island even if it had it's advantages. He talks about and sees Kaduns himself and so on.

I actually quite like him after viewing it again. He starts out very much a loner and not reliant on technology, so much as used to it and blind to the idea of anything else and becomes more of a team player and open to nature, song and the unseen throughout the show.
>>
>>14828432

Wow, this post(s) turned out far larger than I was intending, so yea, sorry about that. And also thank you for giving me the excuse to re-watch this show.
>>
>>14815545
They only needed to make Mirage justice to save this series. They didn't.
>>
>>14823574
>AKB0048 sucked

Not as hard as your mommie.
>>
>>14823591
>>14829366

What about it was good?
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.