[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MSG: Stellaris

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 7

File: Gwazine-Battle.png (1MB, 1235x717px) Image search: [Google]
Gwazine-Battle.png
1MB, 1235x717px
Hey /m/. I'm the creator of the MSG mod for Stellaris.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=717060367

Currently I'm in need of anyone with art skills to make some new icons for the mod. We're using an amalgamation of old SD Gundam video game artwork, but it's not uniform, and it doesn't have anywhere near all the suits that we need designed. There is no obligation or deadlines, we just need more stuff.

So yeah, if anyone has a place to either get more assets or is willing to help make art, please come on down.
>>
File: Musai&Gelgoog.png (998KB, 1154x702px) Image search: [Google]
Musai&Gelgoog.png
998KB, 1154x702px
Bumping. Have another screenshot.
>>
File: 2016_09_05_11.png (2MB, 1506x867px) Image search: [Google]
2016_09_05_11.png
2MB, 1506x867px
Bump.
>>
File: 2016_10_06_6.png (920KB, 1605x730px) Image search: [Google]
2016_10_06_6.png
920KB, 1605x730px
Bump.
>>
File: Cease 1.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Cease 1.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>14815298
>Bumping after a few minutes over and over again

Stop you fuckwit if someone gives a shit about your mod they'll post.
>>
>>14815298
How much are you paying?
>>
>>14815363

Not really used to posting here.

>>14815369

I don't have money to pay. It's volunteering.
>>
>>14815376
>Not really used to posting here.

I couldn't tell...

But yeah don't just bump constantly like that, give it time , /m/'s a slow board so you can wait a few hours before bumping.
>>
>>14815381

Good to know.
>>
>>14815376
This is a very slow board. This thread could potentially last weeks.
>>
What specifically do you need Op?
And what exactly do you mean by icons?
3d models or 2d images?
>>
File: 2016_10_06_7.png (133KB, 476x422px) Image search: [Google]
2016_10_06_7.png
133KB, 476x422px
>>14817151

The 3D models/textures are pretty set right now, although if you want to help with that, that would be amazing too.

What I need though are 2D icons. I'm currently using old SD Gundam video game assets like pic-related. I'm hoping to find someone capable of creating a new, more uniform set. Especially since a lot of the Mobile Suits we want to include aren't in the assets I have.

They're small and simple, but I lack the skills to make new ones.
>>
>>14815298
Looks pretty cool, OP. I mean, I'm not into SD Gundam, but still. However, after the collapse of the English translation project for the Gundam mod for Homeworld, I'll take my fanworks where I can get them.

That said, I'd honestly prefer a Hearts of Iron mod. More emphasis on warfare on a single planet as opposed to interstellar space opera. It fits the setting better, IMO.

Best of luck!
>>
>>14819537

Thanks! It means a lot to hear from people who enjoy this sort of thing.

As for HoI, I agree, but I feel it just wouldn't be as cool to look at and mess around with, especially since you'd be playing for less than a year in-game.
>>
>>14819502
What do you mean by more uniform set?
>>
>>14815298
Could you just fix the Homeworld Gundam Seed mod instead? Stellaris as of 1.2 didn't seem very good.
>>
>>14815376
>>14819502
Why not post this on /gd/?
>>
>>14819537
Homeworld's Gundam Seed mod is fully available in English, it's just broken since Gearbox updated how Homeworld handles mods because the Chinese team that made it is working on localizing Deserts of Kharak now.
>>
>>14820002
Ah, interesting. I was talking about the UC mod. The English-speaking team basically took their shit off Steam Workshop after the latest Gearbox patch screwed their work. The fans are calling for them to bring back the files. Hopefully everything'll work out,but it's kinda doubtful.
>>
>>14820015
Yah, apparently there's no documentation out for mods since that latest patch or something so almost no mods still work? I don't really understand it. But can't you just run the mods on un-updated versions?
>>
>>14815298
>>14815323
What is that green squat craft in these screenshots? Not the musai's obviously, whatever the bright green ones are
>>
>>14820083
http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Gagaul-class
>>
>>14820117
Huh.

I was about to say it was wierd that Zeon would bother making such a craft when their entire strategy revolves around MS combat and battleship combat is useless but I can see its designed to also strap a couple of MS to the outside of the ship like early Federation attempts at carrying MS.
>>
>>14820152
http://www.mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=345551&sid=2f3bbbf9b6fb5cc20b1998565f71f476#p345551

>According to the Action Graphic text, the Gagaul was eventually withdrawn from its mobile suit support role and used as a regular destroyer, but some of them were assigned to reconnaissance teams as motherships for the MS-06E.
>Back story-wise, the profile text says that this weird little ship was originally created because the Zeon military didn't have enough ships to support all the mobile suits it wanted to deploy on the front lines, so they decided to refit existing vessels to support mobile suits. The Gagaul had no facilities for mobile suit supply and maintenance, which had to be performed by other ships.

Basically, they're older smaller ships used early on in a stopgap role as MS carriers, and then later as reconnaissance MS carriers or restored to their old role once there were enough Musai or Chivvay class ships to go around.
>>
File: 1464142510809.png (219KB, 616x399px) Image search: [Google]
1464142510809.png
219KB, 616x399px
Have you tried stealing assets from say MSGO or Gihren's Greed?
>>
>>14819986

Right now when I make an icon, I have to take an old asset and re-size it to fit, which messes up the way it looks, and makes it harder to give them all a uniform look. So what I want is to have a new set so that they all look better.

>>14819993

Never been a fan of Seed, so I'm not interested in fixing it. Not quite wrong about Stellaris, but it's the easiest medium to work with, and it has the most potential over the next few years.

>>14819995

Because I'm retarded and forget boards exist, but actually because I wanted to find someone from the Mecha community who already has a good idea of the looks and feel of Gundam.

>>14820250

Haven't bothered. I'd prefer not to take assets from people, hence the whole purpose of finding someone to help.
>>
>>14820078
Unknown, I figured people would have tried that, but the modders threw a hissy fit, so it's kinda hard to get the files. Maybe somebody should host 'em?

Also, I'm totally surprised that Gearbox Software of all people screwed up the patching process to the point that almost no mods work. Totally fucking surprised.
>>
How does this even work? UC Gundam doesn't have FTL technology.
>>
>>14826061
I'm actually shocked that they changed how it worked. Like, why? Wasn't it fine before? Why change the architecture of how mods work?

>>14830154
Probably wormholes.
>>
>>14830154

It's a mod. We make it work.
>>
>>14830154
I guess what you'd do is have one large solar system as the map and erase all FTL techs.
>>
>>14831062

This is actually something I've considered, but I don't think Stellaris is the right game because of its time-scale. Not to mention the sheer effort it would take to pull off.
>>
>>14833318
I'm pretty sure the timescale could be changed. All you need do is change the days ticking by into hours.

Also removing FTL techs isn't that hard actually, just delete them from the tech files.

The only odd thing would be the continued existence of the galaxy map.
>>
>>14836384

IIRC time in paradox games is hardcoded, but yes, you could do the rest.
>>
Add more fed stuff you fucking zeeks
>>
>>14836703

Fuck off Feddie Scum. Sieg Zeon.

But in all seriousness, the next patch will have the EFSF and Titans in with their own shipset. They'll have the Lepanto, Salamis, Nelson, Magellan, Columbus, and White Base.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.