[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: ShogoBox.jpg (30KB, 335x401px) Image search: [Google]
ShogoBox.jpg
30KB, 335x401px
Saw this game and it looks kinda fun. Should I pick it up? Has anyone played it before?
>>
>>14811529
It's not amazing but it's fun enough.
>>
>>14811529
It was alright. Got a bit of this 90s "westerners try to make an anime" feel to it if you know what I mean. The gameplay's rather simple but blowing shit up is satisfying, especially the mecha segments.

Not an immortal classic but worth a try if you can get it to run on a modern PC. Also the story has a split in the middle so you may want to check out both routes and endings.
>>
>>14811557
>>14811539
thx
>>
>>14811529
>No SHOGO M.A.D. 2...

It's sad.

MAGIC CLAW
>>
It's one of the better FPS games in the late 90s.

though the human models look BAD, the gameplay is FUN.
>>
Definitely worth a play. It's from a time when shooters were a little more silly and that's reflected in the utter rampant weebosity the devs show
Blowing up enemy mechs is pretty fun
I also recommend Heavy Gear 2 if this is the sort thing you're into
>>
One of my favorite games with the hilariously ill fitting intro movie in which the main character goes on a shooting while anime music plays. The mech scenes play exactly like the on foot scenes but it's pretty fun and campy. Runs on nearly any machine and even through Wine IIRC.
>>
>>14812170
Heavy Gear 2 is great, but it's a pig to get running.
>>
>>14812170
Heavy Gear? Man there's so many PC games I've never heard of
>>
>>14812346
Yeah? I downloaded it recently but haven't got to it yet, that sucks

>>14812369
That period of late 90s/early 2000s is pretty much the peak of PC gaming imo
Just tons of great low-key games
>>
>>14812346
Copying and pasting from the archives -

Here I am.
These are the steps to getting Heavy Gear 2 to work on Windows 7.
http://pastebin.com/bYNvVtzJ
Pirate Bay's down, but you can find the ISO for the disk really easily from the Internet Archive (it says it's shareware, but it's the full thing.)
https://archive.org/details/Games_Machine_Heavy_Gear_II_Activision_1999
And if you can't get download it for whatever reason, here's a direct link; it's inside /games/heavy gear 2/ Plus some extra stuff you can take if you want.
https://mega.co.nz/#F!fUJSyBDB!UvkWaU4EteLzth1e60vFYA

Culling fix -http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/355-heavy-gear-ii-culling-fix/
>>
>>14811864
>tfw you'll never see Captain Nathaniel J. Claw pilot a mecha against the forces of the Cocker Spaniard Empire in Claw 2: Adventures of the Nine-Lives Guardian
>>
File: oni_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg (96KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
oni_ps2box_usa_org_000.jpg
96KB, 350x500px
Not OP but what about this video game any good?
>>
>>14811557
>Not an immortal classic but worth a try if you can get it to run on a modern PC.

It's on GOG ready to work on modern PCs so you can buy it there or find it free somewhere else
>>
>>14811529
Sucks that it was overshadowed by HL.
>>
>>14811529
same team made f.e.a.r latter on
>>
>>14811529
I fucking love it but it's got some weird decision choices mainly in regards to the on foot sections.
>>
>>14814156
>tfw Claw, Gruntz, and Get Medieval aren't on GOG
>>
>>14814149

Hey that was a cool game but I wonder whatever happened to the devs
>>
>>14816032
It was made by Bungie.
>>
>>14814149
It was alright, but I can't say it's really aged well. The combat wasn't the best for balance, but it was fun enough to play around with. Particularly using that one cheat code that let one play as any enemy in the map, as you then got to us their unique movesets.
>>
File: gai.png (188KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
gai.png
188KB, 500x242px
>>14815996
>tfw you still have all of your copies
muh childhood
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.