[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you combat-train mobile suit pilots?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 25100005.gif (42KB, 610x514px) Image search: [Google]
25100005.gif
42KB, 610x514px
What would you teach them to do in a battle situation?
>>
are you teenager in gendum
>yes
swing that sword randomly, you're going to kill everything
>no
scream a lot and die
>>
>>14811105
Definitely fear management.

That has got to be most important thing when piloting a giant super weapon, while fighting against other giant super weapons. Shitting one's pants would be the most easiest thing to do even if you're not in actual combat.
>>
>>14811105
I'd emphasize that they remember why their vehicles are called mobile suits. Too many fights in Gundam have the grunts just sort of standing around in the open shooting at each other. Come on, guys. Maneuver, take cover, flank opponents. This stuff is important.
>>
File: 5766RZCGR.png (568KB, 800x1184px) Image search: [Google]
5766RZCGR.png
568KB, 800x1184px
>>14813753
Yeah actually, that has started to really annoy me. Basically just acting like giant targets on a range.

Hell its even worse when it happens in space, and all the grunts in high mobility suits are literally just sitting there while some faggy named minion is going around one-shotting all of them by himself
>>
Stay near the goddamm ship and protect it. Too many ships get one shot by passing mobile suits without protection and then where are you going to land if there's not enough space in the remaining ships?
>>
>>14811105
Give them mysterious riddles and weird activities to perform.
>>
>"No rules in a dogfight. You just have to take the enemy out"
>>
>>14814198
I'm fairly certain that isn't true, that there are actually strategies which improve your chances if you team up with your wingmen instead of going everyone for themself
>>
>>14814213
Probably more in the context that there's no chivalry, honor, or "unfair" tactics.

And also pilots need to be aggressive and prepared to kill the enemy without hesitation.
>>
>>14814310
I dunno, isn't strafing pilots after they have ejected and are parachuting down to the ground (and thus no longer a threat) a war crime?
>>
>>14811105
A tree step training program.

1. Common sense: informing the pilots how to make yourself a harder target to hit and spot.

2. Target practice: teaching pilots how to lead a target and hit the broadside of a barn.

3. teamwork: teaching pilots to work together even with strangers so they can easily join another squad then the current one dies.
>>
DO:
-Read the fucking manual
-Keep moving as fast as you can
-Shoot passing targets and keep moving

DON'T
-stop to shoot something
-discover the enemy plot
-make a date for after the battle
-leave a steak dinner uneaten
-say "It's a Gundam" or "What is this mobility?"
-admit to liking Uso Ewin
>>
we need to form instructor corps and an aggressor training program

sims and theory only go so far, nothing like actual competition to up the stakes
>>
>>14811105
i would bully them until they break
then some more for good measure
no manuals
no practice
no getting into the robot except in combat
>>
>>14817600
Especially teamwork training. A solid team can actually stall or beat aces. Simply working in pairs to double team grunts can be worthwhile.
>>
File: drill-sergeant.jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
drill-sergeant.jpg
49KB, 480x360px
Do not forget basic soldiering stuff.
They need to be able to survive outside the mobile suits. Also disciplined troops are the best troops.
>>
File: gai.png (188KB, 500x242px) Image search: [Google]
gai.png
188KB, 500x242px
love is all you need to pilot a mecha.
>>
>>14811105
>How would you combat-train mobile suit pilots?
just keep pushing people inside cockpits and throwing them in battle until someone survives.
>>
>>14811105
Hard work, guts and screaming are the three keys.
>>
>>14825778
>"instructor! help!!! they are firing at me! with real guns!!"
>"first of all, stop crying! I told you in class, you need guts! GUTS!"
>"oh god OH GOD, THEY HIT ME! IM BLEEDING!HELP!"
>"I'm glad you finally started using some good screaming, now you just have to work those guts and everything will be fine."
>"I'M BURNING!WHERE IS THE EJECTION BUTTON?"
>>
>>14811105
Just make them a Cyber Newtype, cram them in a Psycommu-equipped MS/MA, and throw them at the enemy. Even if they defect, they'll do more damage to them than you.
>>
>>14814331
Tell that to the Turkish
>>
>>14827865
Isn't being a Turk a war crime?
>>
>>14818810
One of the things Age did right Flit's nameless, faceless mook teams beat back several named NOTnewtype pilots
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.