[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brave Witches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 15

File: 79470l.jpg (121KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
79470l.jpg
121KB, 421x600px
Episode 1 is out.

http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=856732
http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=856729
>>
>>14809857
okay
>>
>>14809857
I downloaded it but haven't watched it yet.
>>
>Brave

What the fuck is this shit? Little girls? Where are the little boys and talking robots?
>>
>>14809857
>I downloaded it but haven't watched it yet.

The picture of the OP says it all. Not worth the time nor the bandwidth nor the hard disk space for this shit.
>>
>Miyafujesus is a literallywho

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH GET FUCKED YOSHIKA
>>
>>14810555
30 yrs ago
>>
not /m/
>>
do they hang out with sortatransformers?
>>
Not /m/.
>>>/a/.
>>
>>14811406
Isn't Warlock project get scrapped?
>inb4 they bring it back again for episode finale.
>>
>>14809857
How come they have animal ears on theirs heads but still have their human ears?
>>
>>14812371
Son you must be new to Strike Witches.
>>
File: super science.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
super science.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>14812371
>>
>>
File: its-fucking-magic.jpg (53KB, 552x725px) Image search: [Google]
its-fucking-magic.jpg
53KB, 552x725px
>>14810635
only because she hadn't BTFO'd the Venezian superhive yet.

>>14810555
Shitty joke anon.

>>14812371
>pic related
and by related its literally fucking magic
>>
File: unbelievable optimism.png (12KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
unbelievable optimism.png
12KB, 180x180px
>>14812359

>Series will never have non-Neuroitech two-seater Witch-powered Warlock pilot/WSO battle couple squadrons (team gender balance optional) even in obscure text-only spinoffs

Just put me in a prop fighter and send me to a Hive.
>>
File: Poor Nipa.jpg (172KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
Poor Nipa.jpg
172KB, 521x521px
>>14813217
>>
>>14813217
And when you kill the Hive while powered by a mix of rage and despair, what do we do?
>>
was better than SW
>>
>>14813676

You guys get to enjoy all the OTP/yuri handholding-in-cockpit scenes in the tandem-Warlock-totally-not-another-Vic-Viper-homage fighters for all time after I suicide into the Hive and get thrown back in time back to the 2000s to influence Shimada to go on this design path.
>>
>>14813756
>filename
Dare I ask?
>>
>>14815149
they just "die" together
>>
I want modern witches.
I don't even care that his art is shit, but dirtyfox had a cool concept with the Gulf War witches.
>>
File: Strike Wtiches 1991 M870MCS.jpg (2MB, 2128x3046px) Image search: [Google]
Strike Wtiches 1991 M870MCS.jpg
2MB, 2128x3046px
Fell asleep on this one and the /a/ thread is already dead. And Strike Witches is /m/, it created a who subsection of /m/. And the only bugs in this series are the alien ones that try to crawl up your butt.

I'm interested in seeing how this series will differentiate itself from Strike Witches. Seeing as the Brave Witches are assigned to the worst front of the war, when the Strike Witches played defense for Brittannia and ended up liberating Gallia, and then did the same for Romagna. I'm not expecting it to be as dark as following any of the Witches from Ostmark Almost all the ones introduced have exhibited Shell Shock or major social impairment because how what they had to go through in the early part of the war. Also I'm wondering if they'll have more interactions with male characters, since Minna instituted a strict ban on inter gender interactions. It would have been fun to see a short about how the 501st mechanics go about their day where they have to create their schedule specifically revolves around avoiding the Witches.

OC DO NOT STEAL wise. Hikari has potential, since she's not a prodigy like Yoshika and they can work up the family angle for internal conflict since they included her sister. The only real issue is she suddenly gets super powered midway through the series and she's not just an average witch who just works her ass off to get to where she is.

>>14812359
I believe the Warlock project was put on the back burner and they applied the Neurno tech for what they did with the Yamato. Not that that went well either.

>>14815299
Modern Age Witches
4 words
Ace Combat: Strike Witches
>>
>>14815613
I liked her gimmick of being good flier under rain and how she isn't actually bad, just that she was trainning with wet clothes weight her down
>>
>>14815628
All weather tactical witch is nothing to write off.
>>
>>14815646
particularly in the fucking 40's where nighttime flying is considered an elite level skill amongst normal pilots.
>>
File: 1339004621832.jpg (75KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1339004621832.jpg
75KB, 1280x720px
>>
File: 1277655391083.jpg (112KB, 800x571px) Image search: [Google]
1277655391083.jpg
112KB, 800x571px
>>14815628
No, Hikari still doesn't have complete control over her magic. She just did much better in the storm because her constant training gave here extremely high stamina and she was used to wet conditions due to always falling into the river. Also she only pulled off crossing the river with her magic because she was in crisis mode. Of course that means she's capable of doing it, so that's a huge hurdle she overcame there.

We'll see what happens since if they'll following the formula, of Strike Witches, they get transported to Orussia and attacked on the way and saved at the end by the rest of the Brave Witches. Episode three will have them all being properly introduced and explain the situation with Episode four being them whipping Hikari into shape for actual combat.

I'm now going to predict that the Fuso military/government saw what Yoshika did and believes they could replicate it if they put an untested trainee into a Joint Fighter Squadron.

>>14816013
If you're talking about flying a night mission with a normal plane that wasn't outfitted with the necessary equipment, radar and landing systems. Then yes, it's not a stretch to think you need to be an ace to fly night missions. And even then, it's still a whole other beast to fly a night mission since you're doing almost everything off your instruments when during that time a majority was just done through what the pilot saw visually.

Fun tidbit: he green shapes you see certain Witches sport are all based off the antenna designs used by night aircraft.
>>
>>14816629
And then there's flying off a carrier at night in the 40's, which is a whole 'nother animal entirely.
>>
>>14818104
>animal
Careful
>>
>tfw there will never be adaptations of Planefag's or Ghost's quests
>>
>>14818133
Its a phrase dipshit. If somebody honestly cant understand that then they should even be using modern technology.
>>
>>14818148
If SWQ got adapted Deme might actually kill himself, that or decide he's too lazy and just sulk instead. Ghostdiv would probably shitpost about it on /m/.
>>
File: image.jpg (201KB, 675x1034px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201KB, 675x1034px
>>
File: image.jpg (234KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
234KB, 640x960px
>>
Okay. Since nao is basically gaogaigar. What other 502nd members have their own brave robot countepart?
>>
File: IMG_20141206_100750.png (142KB, 800x625px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141206_100750.png
142KB, 800x625px
So the newspaper article in ep 1 confirms that Brave Witches take place during Strike Witches S1?
>pic not related
>>
>>14823293
It should be right at the end of S1 if my timeline is right.
>>
>>14823313
So that explains why nobody has heard of Yoshika at least. Wonder if we'll see Eila and Sanya at any point during the series. And since its set in Sumous (which is basically the Swedish empire if it was still around in the 40s) and Nipa is present we'll probably be seeing Eila's big sister Aurora at some point during the inevitable "Nipa crash lands again" episode.
>>
Can I watch this even if I didn't watch the previous shows?
>>
>>14826810
Yes. Its a different unit in a different area and takes place between seasons.
>>
>>14826810
The gospel of Miyafujesus is worth enduring still, if not to get an idea of what you're in for then at least to get to the movie where Yoshika is actually pretty damn cool.

For someone specializing in medicine and who has seen repeated deactivation and reactivation as a member of JFW501 she ends up with tremendous balls of steel during the period of the movie where she's still burnt out of her magic ability.

Granted, that's two rather redundant seasons first, but Strike Witches is the kind of goofy and dumb that works if you're into WWII stuff.

Though I think Brave Witches might prove to be the more tasteful entry point.
>>
>>14826824
Honestly I couldn't pass from around 3 episodes of season one.

But I'm not the kind of person who won't give a chance to a different season if its a selfcontained story. Sometimes those happens to be better than the originals.

I'll give 2-3 episodes and if they actually fight aliens often then I'm on it. If its 80% of butts like s1 then I'll drop it.
>>
File: Adorable Badass.gif (2MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
Adorable Badass.gif
2MB, 400x225px
>>14826824
>she ends up with tremendous balls of steel during the period of the movie where she's still burnt out of her magic ability.

I'd say thats given since she takes on a capital class Neuroi with only a machine gun and a fucking willys jeep and she almost died before her healing magic kicked in
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.