[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TTGL Hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 302
Thread images: 34

File: BabysFirstMecha.png (127KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
BabysFirstMecha.png
127KB, 500x266px
This series wouldn't be half as bad if it wasn't for every fucking pleb who watches it thinks they are now some sort of mecha aficionado who thinks every goddam giant robot reference is somehow related to there fucking paint by numbers, zero fucking substance beleive in yourself bullshit that is TTGL
seriously you can take the WORST gundam series, no fucking it the worst 80s super robot series, and it has about 10x more substance than "beleive in yourself bro you are the good guy" bullshit that TTGL spits out
>>
>This series wouldn't be bad if the fans (who aren't really part of the series) weren't bad
>>
What's with both sides trying to bait each other recently? Did the TBFP do some video about GL?
>>
>>14807599
>This series wouldn't be half as bad
even without the shitty fans, ttgl was pretty bad.

the music is shitty, the choreography was crap. I guess you can get some enjoyment out of it if you're over 18 and watching it ironically, otherwise i wouldn't recommend
>>
>>14807736
Eh the first season is solid to good in my opinion, and there's some genuine fun to be had. I also really liked Simon's character arc. Problem is there are TWO seasons and the second one is complete and utter shit.

I consider TTGL a 6/10 but I've never rewatched it, it probably would drop to a 5 if I did not that I will really see how unoriginal it is.

The music is pretty great at least, Gainax/Trigger never fails on that front.
>>
>>14807725
Since when has /m/ been anything else besides people baiting and shitting on each other.
>>
>>14807752
>Eh the first season is solid to good in my opinion
The choreography was a problem throughout the show, but it became a real problem when season 2 hit.

>The music is pretty great at least
It was too try hard like vid related.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_abMOtHKLQ
>>
Decent show, shitty fanbase.
>>
>>14807783
>Decent show, shitty fanbase.

It's an improvement over Evangelion that was a shitty show with a shitty fandom.
>>
>>14807783
Just as shitty haters, too. It's just too mainstream to talk about it at all without it going to crap in five seconds.
>>
>>14807752
>Eh the first season is solid to good in my opinion, and there's some genuine fun to be had. I also really liked Simon's character arc. Problem is there are TWO seasons and the second one is complete and utter shit.

This. Gurren Lagann would have been top tier mecha if it wasn't for that awful second half. Apparently, Imaishi spearheaded a lot of the second half's plot. The first portion which was written by Nakashima is worlds better than Imaishi's slop.
>>
>>14807821
>The first portion which was written by Nakashima is worlds better than Imaishi's slop.
No wonder.

Nakashima learnt from Ken Ishikawa's storytelling. Imaishi is really just an animator.
>>
so we passed from mazinger, to getter, to ishinomori/nagai/ishikawa/matsumoto, to getter again, to nagai especially and now to gurren lagan?
i mean, GL has been shitted up for years and i still haven't watched it, but really? another thread already?
>>
File: 1471376096678.gif (982KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1471376096678.gif
982KB, 500x371px
For once I wish Clawshrimpy was here to scare off all the TTGL shitposters.

And yes, that includes you, OP

>also, fuck you and go watch Getter
>>
>>14807853
>Nakashima poorly attempted to copy directly from Ken Ishikawa's storytelling

Fixed

>>14807943
This is not a recent thing, people always come and jerk off hard to TTGL because it's all they know. The people of this board have mixed feelings but none who aren't stupid think it's anything special since this board knows how unoriginal it is and how many series do everything it does better. It's an homage series, though some homages become closer to plagiarism like Getter, it's not anything particularly amazing but not offensive.

Cept the second half, parts there are legitimately completely awful.
>>
>>14807979
that's true but my point is that we haven't had a hatejerk thread for months and suddenly two were started recently, assuming that op is the same autist that started those threads shitting up any of the things i mentioned in my last post, i bet he will start two more next days
and now that i pointed it out, he will out of spite
>>
>>14807979
>Nakashima poorly attempted to copy directly from Ken Ishikawa's storytelling
Not really. The first half of GL was barely like Getter. It's the second half that really reeks of Getter wannabe. I think it probably would have worked better if Imaishi hadn't fucked everything up.
>>
>>14808021
There are several every week, what are you talking about? Almost all are clearly the same guy too and he often starts it the same way, this one feels the least like bait because it started with criticism towards TTGL which the threads never do and that's why if you notice the responses are a lot more tepid in this thread rather than pure vitriol.
>>
>>14808047
True, TTGL is more directly a ripoff of Armageddon than anything directly penned by Ishikawa.

>The first half of GL was barely like Getter
The first half is literally Getter except it's if the dominant species was the dinosaur empire and humans were driven underground. It actually also matches up with the second act of Armageddon really well after the Getter bomb went off and humans were underground/invaders roaming the earth.
>>
Reminder that once 4chan dies there will be nowhere left on the internet where you can say Gurren Lagann is bad
>>
While yeah, the people who only watch this and think it's the be-all, end-all of the genre are annoying, the snobs who vocally dismiss everyone who likes it as uneducated plebs are far more annoying. Get over yourself.

For what it's worth, even though it's not my favourite ever I do think it was a great show. It was a really vibrant, exciting, visually unique (at least at the time) show with likable characters and powerful action even if its plot was pretty simplistic. It got really popular for good reason.
>>
>>14808073
Reminder that neither of those things are true.
>>
>>14808073
But everyone will just go to 7chan
As it once was
So it shall be
>>
>>14808073
Twitter tho.
>>
File: 1459166637474.jpg (430KB, 1680x1152px) Image search: [Google]
1459166637474.jpg
430KB, 1680x1152px
>tfw I still love TTGL even after having seen a good amount of /m/ anime, both new and old
>tfw none of the tryhards that keep posting in these threads will ever stop TTGL from being one of my favourite anime

I get why people will say it's bad but the rampant negativity here is pretty shocking. Or at least it was, now it's just getting really old.
>>
Did some people just not pay attention to what was going on in the story while watching Gurren Lagann? The main conflict at the end comes from the fact that the "believe in yourself bullshit" doesn't always work. Kamina's death showed that, even. Both Lord Genome and Simon, after confronting the Anti-Spiral learned that their irresponsible use of their crazy powers was killing the universe.
The first half of the show was about a rebellious youth deposing the old ways because it didn't work for them. The second was about the same rebellious youth having to learn responsibility after they became the older generation, and realizing that their elders weren't necessarily evil, and maybe the things they did were understandable.
I'm not saying it's high art, but it's definitely not 100% lacking in substance.
>>
spics = Getter Robo
niggers = TTGL
>>
File: whitearyanmale.png (251KB, 810x1300px) Image search: [Google]
whitearyanmale.png
251KB, 810x1300px
>>14808125
>aryans = Getter Robo
>spics = Gundam
>niggers = TTGL
ftfy
>>
>>14807599
I'm a plotfag and I cannot fathom the enduring legacy of this show.

It has nothing that made me think, it is just a forgettable piece of throwaway entertainment like most anime shows. There isn't even much to shitpost about. You can't even PRETEND that it is deep like Evangelion.

It's neither a masterpiece or legendary trash.
>>
File: 1433402989910.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1433402989910.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
Getter Robo has always been pro white.
>>
File: backtomcanime.png (367KB, 1280x976px) Image search: [Google]
backtomcanime.png
367KB, 1280x976px
>>
>>14808169
I bet you think Fafner is good
>>
>>14807763

/m/ was at one point considered love
>>
>>14808169
What are some super robot anime that made you think?
>>
>>14808214
Evangelion
>>
>>14808175
Ken Ishikawa always seemed a little imperialistic to me. Yet at the same time he also portrayed other cultures pretty fairly, especially compared with other Japanese creators.
>>
>>14808167
Nice try Pablo
>>
>>14808229
>trying to reverse spic
nice try juan but it's not going to work this time. why don't you go worship amuro? he's a spic just like you
>>
>>14807599
I have never seen anyone actually claim Gurren Lagann invented anything, aside from maybe the one stupid screenshot that gets reposted in all of these fucking threads.

TTGL is mostly just a sensory experience, and that's all it was ever meant to be: a very silly, pretty, energetic ride. Getting asshurt because it's "shallow" is tantamount to walking into a comedy and getting pissed because it didn't make you cry.

Maybe the spectacle didn't entertain you; it could even be that regardless of spectacle you're such a refined gentlesir that you always need a certain amount of "depth" in your shows. You're entitled to your opinion, but by and large people and money agree that the show succeeded in what it set out to do. The fact that some imaginary anime pseudohipsters are triggering your hipster ass is so irrelevant to all that, and yet it is the only reason you wasted our time making this thread
>>
>>14808289
>I have never seen anyone actually claim Gurren Lagann invented anything
You must be new
>>
TTGL is cool, but I actually liked KLK better.
>>
>>14808289
>it could even be that regardless of spectacle you're such a refined gentlesir that you always need a certain amount of "depth" in your shows.
I didn't enjoy the spectacle because it wasn't a good one. The choreography was weak, and it's one of the biggest factors for me.

I enjoyed Getter Armageddon way more, and I won't claim it's anymore deep than TTGL. In fact, it's most likely less deep due to the fact that the story makes absolutely no sense at all, while TTGL's kind of does.
>>
File: 11.jpg (4MB, 2550x3012px) Image search: [Google]
11.jpg
4MB, 2550x3012px
>>14808531
same here

also OP is a massive faggot and probably an oldfag
>>
>>14807736
the music in ttgl is one of the best parts of the show, its what makes it bearable
>>
>>14808813
We all know this is Trigger's best work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXt9XgxM7zo
>>
>>14808843
Good shit
>>
>>14808289
>TTGL is mostly just a sensory experience

So it's shit? It's just pretty lights to entertain stupid children. Thanks for agreeing.
>>
File: 1470963302272.jpg (117KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470963302272.jpg
117KB, 720x720px
>>14808889
>every work must be dark brooding and mysterious like me
>>
>>14807783

I dunno about that now. The new Voltron somehow managed to take that crown now.
>>
>>14808531
I thought TTGL was good for what it was, if overrated.

I thought KLK is straight up garbage like Panty and Stocking.

Can't wait to see how disappointing and possibly bad Imashi's next show is.
>>
>>14808223
Eva is literally what happens when a guy gets a b+ in psychology 101 and then thinks he has a doctorate then skims a theological dictionary while occasionally stopping to circle any word he thinks sound cool then uses that knowledge to
make a robot anime but since he didn't take economics he didn't know how to manage a budget and thus the robots stopped doing much halfway through
>>
>>14809381
I'm too dumb to read your sentence. Can you please slow down.
>>
>>14807599
I thought it was pretty awesome. Fun ride, really got my blood pumping. I guess I have to be under 30 to post here.
>>
>>14808467
He's not new. It's a testament to how delusional the people who claim "GL fans think the show invented everything" are when they constantly post a screenshot from Youtube (lol) on a Lucky Star video (LOL) from 2007 (jesus fucking christ) to "prove" their point.
>>14809346
Panty & Stocking was great, KLK is mostly trash.
>>
File: sothis.png (755KB, 500x734px) Image search: [Google]
sothis.png
755KB, 500x734px
The loudest Getter fans are those that appear to only like it as a hipster 'fuck you' to Gurren Lagann and probably don't even realize what makes it so good on its own. By this point I have no doubt that it's a significant part of why absolutely no one outside of this board even cares about the Getter manga. If these retards were equally loud about recommending the series in a way that wasn't insufferable it would've been at least Devilman-level by now.
>>
>>14809508
> no one outside of this board even cares about the Getter manga
I mean in terms of English speakers by the way.
>>
>>14809488
>Panty & Stocking
Isn't that just dirty pair as a trigger show?
>>
GL is good but the fans give it a horrible reputation, not because of /m/'s autistic reality headcanons but because they praise it in a way that makes it look like shit.
>>14808115
Like this. Not even the fans understood that, why would you expect the people who didn't even have fun with it to get it? Online discussion was completely poisoned from the get-go by the "le epic GAR" types. I remember saying on /a/ that the show is about human evolution around the beginning of the time-skip and people saying I'm reading too deep into it or whatever.
>>14809524
No, but /m/ is the king of dumb surface-level comparisons so I guess by that standard yes. It's Gainax though, Trigger didn't exist then.
>>
>>14809532
>P&S isn't a DP clone
Oh?
>>
Gurren Lagann isn't even popular anymore and Kill la Kill hugely eclipsed it when it was big: https://www.google.com/trends/explore?q=gurren%20lagann,kill%20la%20kill

The people who think it's some huge sensation are just as delusional as the /a/ people who think their board is "special" for watching ongoing anime and that normal anime forums only watch Toonami.
>>
>>14809543
This is a huge part of why this board is often so retarded. Many posters have the narrative understanding of a toddler and no one takes execution into account.
>>
>>14809553
Never seen ether of them.
>>
>>14809563
Why post about it being a clone then?
>>
>>14809532
>GL is good but the fans give it a horrible reputation
>because they praise it in a way that makes it look like shit.

That is what /m/ says though.
>>
>>14809741
I'm saying they're praising it in a bad way by ignoring the themes and making it look like it's only about LE EPIC GAR XD, not that the majority of GL fans will claim GL created drills in anime because of a 9 year old Youtube screenshot.
>>
>>14807599
TTGL isn't as bad as people say but it isn't as great as people say. The show has serious flaws in it that are just washed over or don't make any sense.

The first time watching it is amazingly fun, the second time? You see glaring flaws that stick out where the series drops the ball and then goes "eh well that happened whatever"
>>
>>14809815
What are those things?
>>
>>14809825
>bathhouse episode has no purpose
Rossiu can get in a robot, wowie!
>kamina death happened too soon
Should have been the mid point and done by Lord Genome
>Time Skip arc
Should have been wiped out and replaced with Simon going after LG or something
>Everyone just gave up after Teppla
Nothing about this made sense
>Rossiu's character was butchered
I know he was suppose to be neglectful but he went full on retard
>Nina's death when the whole "kick logic out and just do it"
None of this makes sense in context of the show and what simon had been doing

just a few
>>
>>14809849
>Everyone just gave up after Teppla
What the fuck is Teppla
>bathhouse episode has no purpose
Pacing. A breather. Even then the exchange between Simon and Kamina about reaching the moon is still very important.
>Should have been the mid point and done by Lord Genome
>Should have been wiped out and replaced with Simon going after LG or something
How are these flaws? Sounds more like your very specific taste.
>Rossiu's character was butchered
You could say he was too dumb but then Simon was pretty fucking dumb too for charging ahead the way he did. The point was that both were wrong. But okay, this is a valid criticism.
>Nina's death when the whole "kick logic out and just do it"
Jesus christ
>>
>>14807599
So basically, your hate for it has almost nothing to do with the actual quality of the show which is average at best but the fanbase?
>>
>>14807599
I think seeing people fling shit at TTGL because people like it is more fun than the show itself.

The good action sequences were few and far between and the characters, especially the villains and Simon, were boring as fuck. This is supposed to be an over the top love letter to the super robot show, what's with all the cool and collected, personality-less characters?
>>
>>14808167
Aryans = GaoGaiGar
>>
>>14809508

Honestly you can't really blame people for not caring that much about Getter. The main canon is a manga that never got finished thanks to Ishikawa's untimely death, and your only other choices are an ancient 70s TV show that's aged really badly or three different OVAs that are all AU spinoffs of the main canon, two of which assume you already know most of the characters, and the one that doesn't has an absolutely batshit plot with time travel and onis and ancient magic and shit, and so it's niche as a result. You try and introduce a newcomer to the franchise and chances are they'll probably just end up being really confused.
>>
>>14809802
>I'm saying they're praising it in a bad way by ignoring the themes and making it look like it's only about LE EPIC GAR XD
Which is what /m/ says.

>not that the majority of GL fans will claim GL created drills in anime because of a 9 year old Youtube screenshot.
Look those are practically the same statement. The reason why the "lucky star drills" or "That scene in Hayate the combat butler with the butler screaming GaoGaoGaoGao while he had drills in his knees is a Viral Reference" comments even exist, is because of the "LE EPIC GAR" newfaggotry. It's is the same damn thing. And I think you know it. It's about the fanbase acting like Naruto fans, or MLP fans.
>>
>>14810706
Correct. As a getterfag, I can't be bothered to recommend a 40 years old series to a newfag outside of /m/.

Getter is a dead series anyway. Sure, it's still getting manga, but it will never be in the now again, unless something drastically changes like if it it gets a popular anime, kind of like what happened with Osomatsu.

Dynamic Pro is trying though, by partnering with more modern artists for Getter Robo Devolution, but for the past 20 years or so, they've only been interested in appealing to their original fanbase, rather than trying to get new fans. It's no wonder that only the people who are into Nagai and Ken in Japan these days are over 40 years old.
>>
>>14809825
Conflicting themes, inconsistent tone, pacing issues (though it's the rare case of pacing being too fast, instead of too slow), lack of character development for the vast majority of the cast and bad handling of the side characters in general, dropped plot elements (KLK suffered from this too, I think it's a recurring flaw with Nakashima), Checkov's guns not fired, inconsistent foreshadowing, changing the rules of the show on the fly, and Nia's character in general.
>>
>>14810735
You forgot asspulls.
I'm still extremely butthurt over Lagann moving by itself during Simon's cool character development pre-timeskip.
Fuck that teleporting bullshit too
>>
File: 1238297657218.jpg (309KB, 1600x810px) Image search: [Google]
1238297657218.jpg
309KB, 1600x810px
Koutetsu Jeeg wasn't that great either, but it had cool robot fights. Literally all I ask for from a mecha show.

TTGL failed me in that area. I wanted to see actual mech on mech, hand to hand combat, (well there was one hand to hand combat, but with no mechs, like what's the point)
>>
>>14810767
The JAM project insert song made the entire show worth it.
>>
>>14810772
And it's another point to mention, the songs. It didn't need to be from JAM Project, but I wanted something close to that, and TTGL didn't deliver on that either.

The whole rap thing that TTGL had going was just wrong and made the work look a lot more juvenile and stupid than what it actually was. I couldn't take its themes seriously with that kind of music playing in the background.

I guess that's what they were aiming for then? I take my silly mecha shows seriously and I don't like "parodies" that take a piss all over the genre, in the name of entertainment.

Despite the outward silliness of Mazinkaiser for example, the direction is still serious and hot blooded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFocJiPzzXE
>>
File: 1347216411185.jpg (3MB, 1530x3030px) Image search: [Google]
1347216411185.jpg
3MB, 1530x3030px
Majin Kenzan lyrics are great too, and very hot blooded.

Bringing the darkness... THEY're coming
They want to play with the fate of this planet
Even if this body is smashed to bits...
Don't discard even the smallest cry, no matter what happens!

TURBO SMASHER PUNCH!!

Faster than the wind... fly on blade of justice!
Chosen heroes... oh please come back again
Fly to the very top! Go on invincible Mazin!
To the battle wastelands... shoot the arrow of love and peace!

An army starved for blood... and want to bury the land
So that the earth's history will burn to the very end...
That trembling in your chest is the soul of a lion
You're not afraid of being hurt, THATS' COURAGE!

KOUSHIRYOKU BEAM! "Photonic-powered beam!"

Sublimely stronger... cry out Mazin of steel!
Legendary light! Oh you can fly again!

Redder than love, it's only the burning flame of life!
To the edge of the darkness... keep watching the future... shoot your enemy!

Faster than the wind... fly on blade of justice!
Chosen heroes... oh please come back again

Redder than love, it's only the burning flame of life!
To the edge of the darkness... keep watching the future... shoot your enemy!
>>
>>14810732
I don't think Getter is as dead as that but I'm of the opinion Ken's writing has aged very well and the Getter series touches on some very interesting in-depth ideas and asks some interesting questions. It wrapped it up in a very dynamic pilot trio,a cool conflict, and a great mech gimmick. The OVAs has aged well and I recommend Armageddon all the time, it's how I started and i don't understand the claim it makes no sense.

I agree most people wouldn't likely care, but personally Getter not only is my favorite Mecha show but it's one of my favorite series period. I think there's a lot to discuss and i just tell people "if you like TTGL you should give Getter a try" since it's pretty much an improvement in every regard.

But yeah really unless you speak Japanese and go to their sites, you are unlikely to find people who appreciate or have even seen Getter like here.

I'm cautiously optimistic with the revamp manga series maybe we could get a new OVA series, if they get the same people who made New or Armageddon I think a really good Getter story could be told. The theme of progress and the questions it brings with morality is still a very unexplored premise, and i think we can definitely wrap it in some more kickass Mecha antics.
>>
File: 631595053869.jpg (362KB, 988x1420px) Image search: [Google]
631595053869.jpg
362KB, 988x1420px
>>14810806
Now compare this to some of TTGL'S Libera me from Hell.

(Requiem æternam, Dona eis, Domine)
[Eternal rest, grant them, Lord]

Do the impossible, see the invisible
Row! row! Fight the power!
Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable
Row! Row! fight the power!

Power to the peeps, power for the dreams
Still missing piece scattering, so incomplete
We be the most incredible soldier from underground
See how easy they all fall down

Digging to the core to see the light
Let's get out of here babe, that's the way to survive
Ya top of the head, I'm on the set
Do the impossible, don't you wanna bet?

'Cause a lot of things changed
We be waiting in vain
If you wanna get by no pain no gain
Wow! Fakers wanna test me again
Sorry, my rhyme's gonna snatch your brain yo

I'm still struggling for the straight up skill
We gonna, make it a-happen with the crazy rap skill
Get ready to rumble, now would be the time, uh huh
If you ain't know, now you know

It's really childish. The lyrics ruined that could have been a good song, since the music wasn't so bad itself.
>>
>>14810813
what* could have been
>>
>>14810798
I think TTGL was trying really, really hard to be "modern", but in doing so, it lost the super robot charm that shows like Mazinkaiser or Kotetsushin had. Things like JAM project songs, sideburns, long combination sequences every episode, tons of unconventional, borderline useless abilities were replaced by rap music, sunglasses, very few combination sequences, and only one super ability.

I wouldn't mind it as much if the characters didn't suck so much. Simon was way too levelheaded and normal to be a fun super robot pilot, the rival was a huge jobber and never posed a threat, and the villains weren't interesting at all.
>>
The fan base to literally anything can 'ruin' a franchise. Oh my God Buffy/starwars/Nintendo shills are destroying anything good about this thing I like.

Get over it.
>>
>>14810813
>>14810806
You're reached Chris-chan levels of brokebrainedness. Congratulations.
>>
>>14810860
>this show is worse for not having a fuckload of reused animation
Yeah and the Getter manga would've been so much better if it had the same combination sequence copypasted over and over again. Budget-saving techniques are what makes classic mecha good.
>this show is not ~old skool~ enough for not having a band that is, in the grand scheme of things, not old-school at all
Jam Project is extremely modern-sounding. If anything the rap sounds more old-school than JAM Project's Dragonforce-ass music.
>>
>>14810732
>>14810706
>The main canon is a manga that never got finished thanks to Ishikawa's untimely death
Irrelevant, the manga's still a good experience and it's gone on for decades with every series except Arc having its own ending.

I can't help but wonder if you guys don't actually want more people to like Getter.
>>
Fuck what /m/ or other mecha 'oldfags' think about TTGL. I had a great time watching it and I think it's a good mecha anime.
>>
People will always whine about fanbases when they really shouldn't

it's a waste of time
>>
https://twitter.com/BusterBeam/status/784055404917559296

What's the matter, too much of a chicken to post here?
>>
>>14810883
Perhaps not ruin, but if you're not careful, they can really sap the enjoyment for you just by virtue of causing you to mentally associate their bullshit with it.

Strictly speaking, you can only say a fandom 'ruins' it directly if they actually influence a creator into carrying out their desires over what the creator had in mind.

Anything else is more just fucking with your enjoyment of it rather than harming the franchise itself.
>>
>>14810958
>>this show is worse for not having a fuckload of reused animation
Fuck you I like my reused animation sequences, gattai lines, and robot name drops every episode. Especially when the OP plays during the fight every episode.
>>
evangelion sucks
>>
File: 1358390449708b.jpg (14KB, 182x193px) Image search: [Google]
1358390449708b.jpg
14KB, 182x193px
>>14810981
>Strictly speaking, you can only say a fandom 'ruins' it directly if they actually influence a creator into carrying out their desires over what the creator had in mind.

I remember
>>
>>14810735
>lack of character development for the vast majority of the cast and bad handling of the side characters in general
True, this is something I really can't argue - the deaths of all those guys were portrayed as sad but they weren't because they had no personality.
>dropped plot elements (KLK suffered from this too, I think it's a recurring flaw with Nakashima),
>inconsistent foreshadowing,
Yeah the show turned out different from how they planned but they managed to almost make it seem like it was meant to be that way, given the way they switched around "all the lights in the sky are our enemies" and framing the original prologue as a bad ending. Certainly a far better way to cover your ass than, say, Shin Mazinger's utter nonsense first episode.

KLK is utter garbage in terms of story, both GL and Shin Mazinger are better than it.
>pacing issues (though it's the rare case of pacing being too fast, instead of too slow)
Not much to say beyond "I disagree". What story elements do you feel were harmed by the fast pace?
>Checkov's guns not fired
How so?
>Conflicting themes
Completely intentional given the evolution vs stasis idea.
>and Nia's character in general.
What was wrong with her?
>>14810727
>Which is what /m/ says.
I don't remember that being a common statement on /m/ at all unless you're referring to me posting that for the past years over and over again.
>>
What is it about TTGL where people watch it and no other mecha series ever (except maybe EVA and half of one of the Gundams on Toonami) and call it one of the best anime ever made and say it's better than all the other mecha shows it drew inspiration from
>>
File: 1284815692_scrapbook-1441.jpg (328KB, 1500x1067px) Image search: [Google]
1284815692_scrapbook-1441.jpg
328KB, 1500x1067px
Contrarians suck
>>
>>14810974
Except I did? >>14810940

Praising over the top mecha shonen power fantasy lyrics as less "childish" and more "serious" than anything else is one of the most ridiculous arguments I've ever seen here. Super Sentai shows watched mainly by toddlers have lyrics like that, there's nothing "grown up" about them. Yeah those songs are fun as hell but they're as childish as it gets - hell that's part of what makes them good.

The Mazinkaiser OVA series was fantastic and probably more consistently well executed than Gurren Lagann (the short length helps, then again there's lots of short OVA series that suck dick) but the movie I just found really boring and tonally uninteresting. I heard it was a remake of a 70s Toei Mazinger story and I wouldn't be surprised because it was extremely bland.
>>
>>14811008
Whether we like it or not, mecha as a genre is very hard to get into for newfags, apparently. TTGL is one of the least mecha-like mecha shows so its a lot easier for people to get into.
>>
>>14811008
Your meme opinion based on very few actual examples.

Eva fans are far worse about disregarding anime history with the 'deconstruction' bullshit that ignores stuff like 0079 doing "what if a teen was REALLY forced to pilot a robot" in the 70s.
>>
>>14807718
/thread
OP is retarded
>>
>>14811031
It is if you recommend monster-a-week shows made primarily for 4 year olds with endless stock footage. I can enjoy that stuff now but it sure as hell was hard to deal with at first. Meanwhile I instantly enjoyed the Getter manga because it focused on storytelling above all else.
>>
Just today I had a conversation with some Evafag who copypasted Hiroki Azuma's pretentious ramblings into his college thesis on Evangelion and thinks the show is "the citizen kane of anime" (direct quote) despite having no idea who Osamu Dezaki is (he thought I meant Osamu Tezuka) and then refusing to watch Dezaki's old shows, instead asking for the "most modern one" (as if that will help understand what Dezaki did for the industry in the 70s).

I've never in my life seen a GL fan act like that and I've talked to a ton of them (and grew to dislike them for other reasons). I can't help but wonder if some of you can't understand sarcasm and misread /m/ shitposters ironically imitating a strawman that exists only in their head as earnest "cancerous GLfag" posts.
>>
>>14811037
I'm not even talking about MotW stuff, even modern mecha is generally ignored by newfags who spout the "I don't like mecha but I liked EVA/TTGL/Code Geass" line.
>>
>>14811027
>I heard it was a remake of a 70s Toei Mazinger story
you're a dumbass because the whole of Mazinkaiser was a remake of the tv series.

>Super Sentai shows watched mainly by toddlers have lyrics like that, there's nothing "grown up" about them
Nope, there's nothing grown up in sentai shows, but there's nothing juvenile like the shitty try hard rap from TTGL.
>>
>>14810981
>Strictly speaking, you can only say a fandom 'ruins' it directly if they actually influence a creator into carrying out their desires over what the creator had in mind.
Imaishi & Nakashima outright refused to change the ending despite a ton of fans wanting it.

The only change I'm aware of in GL that resulted from fan bullshit was toning down the art style changes after the ep 4 asshurt and I suspect that was Yamaga's fault.
>>
>>14811054
I only watched a tiny bit of 70s Mazinger and lost interest because it was boring so I have no idea if you're right or not.

Why is GL's rap inherently more "juvenile"?
>>
>>14811068
Mazinger vs Ankoku Daishogun was nothing like the Mazinkaiser Death! OVA. Don't talk shit about stuff you haven't watched.

>Why is GL's rap inherently more "juvenile"?
Because rap is mostly for dumb as shit nig nogs.

Therefore rap in ttgl = juvenile.
>>
>>14811003
>Checkov's guns not fired
Simple enough. Don't introduce an element into a story unless it's going to play a role. I can think of at least two examples. One of which you've mentioned. Another example was Boota.

>What story elements do you feel were harmed by the fast pace?
With no downtime episodes, there wasn't room to see the consquences of major decisions, or room for character development. If the was even one ep showcasing the side characters, their deaths could have mattered. As it was it was meaningles as you pointed out. Say what you will about cliches like baseball episodes, but they give a chance to explore characters. GL just went from action to action. It makes for fast watching, sure. But I feel the show suffered for it.

>KLK is utter garbage in terms of story
Will agree with that. TTGL feels like a lucky accident for how coherent it was. Although Fourze, which is a different medium, and different director still shares many of the same weaknesses that seems to follow Nakashima around.

>What was wrong with her?
Same thing that was wrong with Rey in SW:FA

>I don't remember that being a common statement on /m/ at all
What makes your statement unique is the "ingores the themes". Pointing out that the fans focus on the loud, obnoxious elements of the show "GAR LE EPIC BESTEST EVAR". Are not unique statements, is part of the core of the criticism on /m/. You seem to be putting in a division that I don't really see. It's not that
>The fans are loud and annoying and focus on the garrish elements of the show : Right way
>And the fans think GL Invented mecha: Wrong way
It's one whole statement.
>The fans are loud and annoying, they focus on the garrish elements of the show, and disregard the history of the mecha genre to make GL seem unique in comparison.

I'm running out of characters to give examples, but people mistaking an entry level work for being revolutionary is common.
>>
>>14811068
The lyrics are purposely dumb, as opposed to just being dumb. There's nothing inspiring about row row fight the power. You could say it's saying the same thing as all of the other JAM Project songs, but the delivery is so childish.

Getter Armageddon's sono toki da had the best tone and lyrics that fit a hot blooded series without being overly silly. It's aggressive and affirmative and could easily pass for a national anthem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9b06JueIwo

I can't say the same for TTGL's. The music was such a poor choice.
>>
>>14811108
>Same thing that was wrong with Rey in SW:FA
Oh the "mary sue" complaint lol, I'd get into that but I dunno if I care enough. But I'd say Nia's initial naive childish attitude counts as a flaw.
>Simple enough. Don't introduce an element into a story unless it's going to play a role. I can think of at least two examples. One of which you've mentioned. Another example was Boota.
I'll agree Boota should've played a bigger role yeah
>With no downtime episodes
There were downtime episodes (like 4 and 6) and plenty of downtime moments (see the Nia cooking stuff, the whole wedding thing etc). Admittedly none were dedicated to the utterly empty side characters that died though.

I think Fourze and GL were both good and very thematically coherent. KLK was garbage in terms of story because Nakashima aimed to write it "differently" from GL by refusing to pick a theme and stick with it and instead "developing the themes as he went along" (read: make shit up and hope people find some meaning)

I also had someone ask him about an interpretation of KLK's themes and his response was basically just "eh don't take it that seiously" which is very different from the way he talked about GL's message and themes which he took more seriously. I suspect it's because KLK was just made-up-on-the-spot bullshit and had no message. What the fuck does the "clothing and people" shit in Ryuko's final ebin speech even mean? Goddamn nothing, Ragyo was spot on when she called it nonsense. Simon's final speech about the 'double helix' actually made metaphorical sense while Ryuko's felt like Nakashima was trying to repeat that but without any real thought behind it, instead hoping people will find meaning to it on their own.
>>
>>14811178
>Getter Armageddon's sono toki da had the best tone and lyrics that fit a hot blooded series without being overly silly. It's aggressive and affirmative and could easily pass for a national anthem.
Yeah it's amazing but it hardly represents mecha anime. Hell they even changed the OP really quick to a more generic j-poppy one (IIRC way before the middle point of the series).
>The lyrics are purposely dumb
This and your claim that GL was a "parody" is TVTropey as hell, I could say Getter Robo is trying to be purposefully stupid because it has mecha dinosaurs and raining newts and it would also be wrong.
>>
>>14811227
HEATS lyrics still aren't as dumb as the one from TTGL's libera me from hell. It's still a song that's supposed to inspire you with stuff that makes sense.

How can "
No one can hold down
My heart full of desire
If I do things to the best of my ability
That's all I want to know

Burn your desire
Engulf it in flames
Move forward with no hesitation
Then you can become the wind and change the world"

compare to this in stupidity

>>14810813
>Let's get out of here babe, that's the way to survive
>Do the impossible, don't you wanna bet?
>Sorry, my rhyme's gonna snatch your brain yo
>We gonna, make it a-happen with the crazy rap skill

Seriously, it's dumb. You're defending the indefensible here.
>>
File: 1474919328222.jpg (34KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474919328222.jpg
34KB, 500x500px
>>14811199
>There were downtime episodes (like 4 and 6) and plenty of downtime moments (see the Nia cooking stuff, the whole wedding thing etc). Admittedly none were dedicated to the utterly empty side characters that died though.
An issue is those episodes don't really develop anything nor do they accomplish anything, outside 1-2 conversations between Simon and Kamina. They are mainly filler or meaningless plot progress of transitioning to the next big scene.

As for KLK it more so was a series about having fun with a goofy premise that didn't take itself seriously, though sometimes it forgot it wasn't taking itself seriously. Mainly KLK had stronger music, better action despite a piss poor budget, and a cast of characters I actually have a shit about and learned about. TTGL feels like he was trying really hard to be ishikawa and ended up copying like a kid reading cliff notes in order to write a book report. KLK has a crappy story but I feel the sum of its parts with an enjoyable cast of characters doing fun/cool stuff (except the class trip, that sucked) makes up for a mediocre to crap plot. Neither are amazing but I had more fun with KLK.

And KLK has best girl.
>>
>>14811227
To be fair I think every single Getter opening is amazing and fits the struggle motif of Getter and how they will never roll over and die. Ironic as it's the series that keeps killing it's third pilot.

Also the opening changed to HEATS with the director change at episode 4.
>>
>childish this, childish that

Just enjoy your giant robot cartoons, holy fuck.
>>
File: super galaxy rhino prime.jpg (926KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
super galaxy rhino prime.jpg
926KB, 1920x1080px
>>14807599

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the kind of faggot that thinks Z2 was bad by the sole virtue of having Macross in it.

Also, episode 4 was just fucking weird.
>>
>>14811284

GL was meant to be a story following Simon and the process of his growth from a child into a man, and him surpassing Kamina (he is taller than Kamina in the Dimensional Labyrinth).

>>14811055

*COUGH* Evangelion *COUGH*
>>
>>14811284
I guess I can't really change your mind if you found KLK's characters more likable but I could hardly care nearly as much because the struggles they went through were such made up bullshit. I mainly like GL because the themes were really interestingly executed with very interesting visual metaphors and a lot of little small things that fit into the whole. It felt like a bunch of smaller parts making a big, well thought out whole with even the smallest exchanges between the characters fitting into the overall message about human evolution, individuality and 'past and present coming together to create a path towards the future'. Meanwhile

I dunno if it's even worth arguing though because "KLK was better than GL" isn't even a remotely popular opinion, in every single "KLK vs GL" thread I've seen the "GL is better" people vastly outnumber the others.
>>
>>14811300
the problem is not that it's childish, it's that TTGL tries too hard to be childish.

The difference is like a retarded child trying his best, as opposed to an adult purposely trying to act like a retard.
>>
>>14811290
>fits the struggle motif of Getter and how they will never roll over and die
Sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M4baHRrHvw
>>
>>14811347

Point out one thing about GL that was more retarded than the "have Ryoma go full fucktard" plot device that Getter keeps reusing.
>>
File: 1443661725776.jpg (143KB, 594x594px) Image search: [Google]
1443661725776.jpg
143KB, 594x594px
>TTGLfags
>>
>>14811363
>have Ryoma go full fucktard
Such as?
>>
>>14811340
I really don't think EoE was made to placate fans, I personally think Anno truly wanted to make a more high-budget ending. I mean, EoE even had 'fuck you's to the fans that whined about the ending.

Rebuild is most definitely pandering though, the very core of Eva's message hardly even matters to him now that he's a successful married man.

People said Simon's star goggles were retarded but they were basically Kamina's glasses except with an extra shape superimposed over them that was literally AN ARROW POINTING UPWARDS. That's how they were even animated, initially they were literally just Kamina glasses but then the arrow shape popped up. It's a really clever visual to showcase that Simon had used not just Kamina's teachings but also the teachings of others and his own individuality to surpass his mentor.

I guess it just didn't work with most people because the design was too silly when taken literally but fuck it I thought it was great.
>>
>>14811347
Once again this sounds like TVTropes shit, GL isn't ironic at all.
>>
>>14811364

>Elitist subhumans

>>14811372

Yeah, I meant Rebuild.

Also finally someone gets what the stupid glasses are meant to look like.

I mean, the original glasses are infinitely better, but Chouginga Gurren Lagann pulls the style off really well.

I never got why people are so butthurt over the sole existence of Gurren Lagann while giving a free pass to say, Shinken Gattai Godannar or Heroic Age.

Also what the fuck is up with all the Getter wankers? I mean I get that GL is pretty much Getter 2.0 but what the fuck.
>>
>>14811383
>I never got why people are so butthurt over the sole existence of Gurren Lagann while giving a free pass to say, Shinken Gattai Godannar or Heroic Age.
The entire existence of Gurren Lagann, the fans, the butthurt over the fans, and the series itself; is retarded.
It was a mistake.
>>
>>14811383
>while giving a free pass to say, Shinken Gattai Godannar
Godannar is a traditional mecha show. What is there to be butthurt about? It has an op by Mizuki, and the story isn't try hard.
>>
>>14811254
>"Burn your desire
>Engulf it in flames
>Move forward with no hesitation
>Then you can become the wind and change the world"

I just find this cheesy as fuck, not even in a cool way because I think the song itself is very bland and it's by far my least favorite Getter OP.

I do think GL would've done better with music that isn't standard modern anime j-pop but it felt like a compromise because GL was meant to be a wide appeal show. BUT, I still really liked the lyrics for Happily Ever After and felt they complemented the scene they were first used in perfectly.

I mean look at this post >>14811290

>every single Getter opening is amazing and fits the struggle motif of Getter and how they will never roll over and die

Getter has way more themes than just "BURNING PASSION NEVER GIVE UP GO KICK SOME ASS BABY" and yet the lyrical songs in the anime series hardly cover the wide range of emotions. Those types of songs are very fun but ultimately it's a pretty shallow use of lyrical music.
>>
>>14811395

Same goes for Evangelion, with the difference that GL did not have a depressed edgelord high off his rocks on antidepressants for director.

Your point being?

>>14811400

Gurren Lagann was not "tryhard".

It just followed the standard Hero's Journey formula with the intended feel of an ancient epic, constantly scaling up to the point where the hero shakes the heavens to the ground and then fades into obscurity to make way for the future they fought to create.

Exhibit A: youtube.com/watch?v=j5zjo573zlk
>>
>>14811414
>Your point being?
My point is that everyone is see trying to defend the show acts retarded, everyone criticizing the show is retarded, and when I watched the show itself, it was retarded. Its an anime I believe would benefit the world if it didn't exist.

Can't say the same for Eva though.

Also, Gurren Lagann was certainly trying hard after the timeskip.
>>
ha ha I still like watching Eva and Gurren Lagann and Gundam and you can't stop me
>>
>>14811426

Trying hard after the- Oooooh, you fell for the Rossiu red herring.

>>14811428

Same.

I never understood the idiotic elitism on /m/, even /a/ is less retarded.
>>
>>14811403
>>14811254
To add to this:

Say what you will about the actual songs but I think Gainax mecha shows make really good use of their music. There was this really good, massive /a/ post a guy made about GL episode 25 and how the use of Libera Me From Hell was fantastic because it mirrored the theme of the episode that being "turning endless despair into hope". A song that mixed together rebellious youthful rap with somber piano playing and opera music, playing in the middle of a scene where Kittan sacrifices himself to turn the sea of death and despair into a sea of spiral power. The song might sound stupid to you and might not be something you'd want to listen to as an MP3 later, but it's really fucking thematically fitting and gets across a far more specific message and feeling than the typical mecha power up song.

Or how about Komm Susser Tod in EoE? The melody itself was a pretty stock Pachelbel progression one but the lyrics and the song's use within the movie made it unforgettable and once again gets across a very fucking specific emotion.

Or how about FLCL's use of Little Busters at the end of every episode, which serves to give a feeling of oddly warm and reassuring quotidianity to the completely insane events that transpired, which perfectly fits the idea of "nothing interesting ever happens here" and the fact that all these crazy things just represent the normal every day occurrence of a boy going through puberty?

Or for a non-Gainax example, how about Ai Senshi? The lyrics are completely depressing, and yet the melody is outright glorious-sounding at times - and it all perfectly summarizes Gundam's duality of the "war is hell" message of the story mixed with the glorification of war machines and combat seen in its visuals and merchandise.

Or for a non-mecha example, this fucking scene: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExHozD7lpDA#t=2m50s
>>
>>14811435
>>14811254
So here's a rundown:
>a song about the duality of endless despair and unrelenting hope and the thin line between the two
>a song about suicide played during a surreal Devilman-esque apocalypse scene
>an upbeat yet subtly melancholic song played to give a nostalgic 'every day pubertal life' feeling to utterly crazy events
>a tribute to the now-deceased protagonist with a completely chill melody, nailing home the point that giving your best is beautiful, but sometimes "your best" won't be enough to reach the top - but you know what? that's completely fine

These are all songs that get across very specific emotions and serve an important purpose in the narrative. Meanwhile as much as I love JAM Project-type 'shonen hot blood' songs, they are pretty fucking interchangeable and thematically shallow and rarely get anything across beyond "the villains are really bad" or "the heroes are really awesome".
>>
>>14811431
It was far worse in 2008 when people unironically said RE: Cutie Honey episode 1 was an irredeemable disgusting abomination and an insult to Go Nagai
>>
>>14811462

Oh christ.

Fuck you dude, I forgot that years ago and now you reminded me.
>>
>>14811414
People will call you a fag for linking Digibro but as dumb as he can sometimes be (dismissing the original HxH anime despite never watching it because of faggots' opinions, literally everything he said about Tomino being insecure bullshit where he obviously likes the guy's work but feels bad about it because of "Tomino is objectively bad" /m/-tier meme opinions) he and Ben Ettinger are still the only "anime commentary" e-celebs I can name that have done a large amount of good content.
>>
>watch TTGL
>expect lots of hot blood
>expect lots of fun, over the top stuff
>any hot blood or over the top was gone after episode 9
I felt cheated desu
>>
>>14811484
I agree a good chunk of the timeskip's execution could've used a lot of work but
>any hot blood or over the top was gone after episode 9
this is just silly
>>
>>14811491
>no more fun fights like Kamina vs Viral
>Simon literally loses his personality as the show drags on
>side characters are literal whos
Thankfully Imaishi fixed this in KLK. Background grunts being blown away from a fight between two scantily clad high school girls will never not be fun.
>>
>>14811450
As a counterexample, GONG fits the theme of @3 perfectly. (Last stand, going to war with an enemy that outnumbers you on an unknown territory for the sake of a common future, knowing that there will be sacrifices.)
>>
>>14811506
>Simon literally loses his personality as the show drags on
"Simon becomes a Kamina" clone is the memest of meme opinions
>>
>>14811515
>"Simon becomes a Kamina"
But I didn't say that. I said he didn't have a personality at all. Saying he becomes Kamina implies he has a personality.
>>
>>14811484

>Any hot blood and over the top was gona fter E9

That is just dumb.

It slows down for a bit, but picks up quickly.

Also, it slows down after E16.

>>14811506

You really can not expect that, GL was structures as an ancient epic from the beginning. If you lack the patience to sit through a few slower episodes there is definitely something wrong with you.

>>14811515
>>14811522

The entire series was structured around him maturing to every stage of maturity and ends on him being an old man that wanders the world.
>>
>>14811340
>GL was meant to be a story following Simon and the process of his growth from a child into a man, and him surpassing Kamina
Unfortunately that are finishes entirely in the first season. TTGL didn't need that stupid second season which is where it drops all pretenses and tries really poorly to be ishikawa style writing.
>>
>>14811532

It does not try to be ishikawa style writing.

It tries and succeeds having the feel of an ancient epic.
>>
>>14811055
>Imaishi & Nakashima outright refused to change the ending despite a ton of fans wanting it.

I still remember following the thread on here as people were live streaming the finale.
The rage that went down when Nia died was delicious. Like gourmet delicious.
>>
>>14811532
if you think the Ishikawa evolution stuff only started in the second half you're pretty much oblivious to themes and probably comparing surface level stuff like the whole "humanity must not reach space" in Lagann hen being taken from Shin Getter
>>
>>14811540

The entire point of Nia not getting resurrected was to drive home the point of Spiral Power.

Let go of the past, move on, evolve.

Also signifies the choice to use Spiral Power responsibly to avoid the Spiral Nemesis (even though the opening scene of Episode 1 depicts an alternate universe where the Anti Spirals never chimped out and the Spirals are preparing to fuck the Spiral Nemesis).
>>
>>14811383
>I mean I get that GL is pretty much Getter 2.0 but what the fuck.
Imagine your favorite series got pretty much 1:1 ripped off but it was dumbed down and made much worse in every single way. Now not only is your favorite series entirely ignored by your peers/people around you but they rant and rave about how amazing the ripoff is and elevate it as some gem that is the best of its genre and created everything it ripped off. And when you suggest at all the thing you like us better or original or that they should check it out they at best ignore you and at worse argue the ripoff is better and entirely original.

That's what being a Western Getterfag is like when people bring up TTGL.
>>
>>14811558
You're making up a ridiculous vision of reality for the sole purpose of making yourself look like a martyr for liking a different robot cartoon/comic from everyone else.

You seem deeply disturbed.
>>
>>14811542

This.

The theme was "Humans must not reach space", it was "The anti-spirals want to protect the universe from the Spiral Nemesis".

Speaking of which, both of the major villains were just trying to protect a greater good and eventually became corrupt with power.

First Lordgenome, then the Anti-Spirals.

The Getter shitposters just feel threatened by the existence of GL.

>>14811558

That is retarded.

I watched both Getter Armageddon and New Getter, as well as Gurren Lagann and both the movies (pretty much just to see Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann A.K.A Demonbane is no longer the most OP robot).

Getter is good, sure, and there are parallels between the two series, but they are not nearly as similar as Getterfags like to think they are just for the sake of calling GL a ripoff.

Gurren Lagann is just more streamlined, prettier, has better designs by the sole virtue of being more recent (let us be honest here, old designs do not hold up well and that is the only reason New Getter and Mazinkaiser exist).

Also

>Boohoo muh golden age syndrome is no longer being validated muh persecution

Take your nostalgia goggles off and smell the morning coffee, because that which pierces the heavens was created for the sole purpose of 1-upping Getter in every single way.
>>
>>14811530
>It slows down for a bit, but picks up quickly.
>Also, it slows down after E16.
Its been awhile since I watched it, and I didn't really care all that much to remember it, so bear with me here
>first general only loses because deus ex machina Lagann moving and the fact that he's a beastman (no spiralpower) despite outsmarting and being more determined to defeat his opponent than Simon is
>water general gets casually kicked off to the side by big ship
>water general comes back and holds Nia hostage, when the main cast attacks her, surprise! she didn't kill her too predictable, I hate this goddamn cliche
>water general only loses because somehow Simon knows how a propeller works, despite living underground his entire life
>you don't even have to watch the turtle general's episode, you know how he's going to be defeated because of his blatantly obvious weakness
>Lordgenome was defeated by a cheap shot despite clearly winning
There's just so much dumb little shit that bothered me even in the faster episodes. Can you really expect me not to be disappointed when you hype up a giant battle in front of Lordgenome's palace and then skip it all by throwing Simon directly to the boss room?

Also Nia having the super special virus was flat out retarded and was one of the biggest plot devices I have ever seen.
>>
>>14811567

>crying over the obvious teenage depression parallels in E9/10

>being butthurt over Nia, AN ANTI-SPIRAL MADE TYKE BOMB, not being Spiral Powered back to life when the entire point of her death was to drive home the point that we need to move on from the past

The bittersweet ending was perfect you fucking retard.
>>
>>14811566
Read the manga. That said even if you do read the manga the two are hardly the same.

People constantly claim getter rays and spiral energy are one and the same which makes me wonder if people even understand Getter at all. Spiral power is individual human will, getter energy is an omnipresent universal energy with a will of its own. Embracing spiral power is embracing individuality while embracing the getter is embracing universal oneness.

They're fucking polar opposites but "green power source = ripoff"

Also by his wording that guy is probably the clown who made this thread https://desuarchive.org/m/thread/14368046/ who thinks Gurren is a "1:1 ripoff" of Armageddon
>>
>>14811575
But I literally didn't mention the depression phase or Nia's death.
In fact the depression phase was probably my favorite part of the show because Simon had the most character there, and it was a cooldown to the legitimately amazing episode 8.
>>
>>14811565
I'm not saying we are martyrs, I'm giving a reason why it irks us. Ultimately people can like what they like, I'm not some sort of fun police who can stop them and make them see it my way. I can point out my thoughts on the subject and discuss it like I've done in the series. I don't hate TTGL at all, I think it's about a 6/10 and had fun but I think it's a cheap derivative of Getter.

And I've dealt with those kinds of TTGL fans a whole bunch, tho very rarely the ones who try and tell me I'm wrong and go how TTGL is better than Getter. Only kind of entry level snob I've ever met regularly that argues that is geassfags.
>>
>>14811567
>first general only loses because deus ex machina Lagann moving and the fact that he's a beastman (no spiralpower) despite outsmarting and being more determined to defeat his opponent than Simon is
>>Lordgenome was defeated by a cheap shot despite clearly winning

Gurren isn't about "OMG I SEE WHAT U DID THERE" fights like Jojo or whatever. Gurren/spiral energy being terrifyingly, unfairly unbeatable was the whole point.

The biggest problem people have with Gurren is not looking at it thematically.
>>
>>14811583
>it's ok heh I'm totally chill bro
Your first post was melodramatic garbage dude
>>
>>14811566
>(let us be honest here, old designs do not hold up well and that is the only reason New Getter and Mazinkaiser exist)
This is retarded as fuck too though.

>let's be fair guys Citizen Kane cinematography doesn't hold up, Michael Bay Transformers clearly looks better
>>
>>14811593
You have a point, but these threads are where we come to be whiny bitches and so I'm gonna be a whiny bitch and complain that the series I love is ignored for a show that I don't like as much.
>>
>>14811566
>The theme was "Humans must not reach space", it was "The anti-spirals want to protect the universe from the Spiral Nemesis".
Once again, read the manga. I know people say Armageddon is amazing and great and exactly like Gurren but better but it's really not.

The aliens in Shin Getter (the manga) wanted to save themselves by traveling back in time and stopping humanity in its tracks. That said, the context was radically fucking different - the Getter aliens were fucking desperate as shit and just trying to survive. The time travel was simply a last resort thing. This is vastly different from the Anti-Spirals who halted their own evolution and set themselves up as the protecters of the universe.

Even then, "humanity must not reach space" was not some kind of "rule" the aliens set up, because once again they weren't ORGANIZED. They were just getting their shit ruined and wanted to do everything in their power to stop that from happening. "Humanity must not reach space" was something one of them just blurted out because it was a sign that human technology was reaching dangerous levels.
>>
>>14811587
>Gurren/spiral energy being terrifyingly, unfairly unbeatable was the whole point.
It wasn't that exactly, it was the fact that Lagann jumped up and moved on its own that bothered me so much. I'm used to the main super robot being unbeatable in a 1v1, but the villains coming up with new strategies and the team dealing with them is a staple in the super robot subgenre. Replacing a cool counter strategy by working together and friendship with a deus ex machina makes it feel really cheap. The only time a real strategy is involved is episode 8, which was amazing.
>>
>>14811614
When exactly did this happen, what episode? It's been years since I watched.

And you forgot the final shot that took out the anti spiral.
>>
>>14811604
The reason guys like>>14811566 say shit like "deal with it bro Gurren is better" is precisely in response to your drama though. I've said things multiple times just to rile people up for this sort of "muh old school victim complex" stuff.

If you're gonna be antagonistic people will respond antagonistically. It's a self fulfilling prophecy, you make these over the top whiny posts about GL and Getter and then GL fans respond that way just because you're being silly and they want to rile you up. So then you use that as "proof GLfags hate Getter".

Recommend it in a friendly way and you'll see more people appreciate Getter. Hell I got into Getter DESPITE the fans.
>>
>>14811620
>When exactly did this happen, what episode? It's been years since I watched.
Episode 11, I think. The one where Simon gets out of his depression phase.

>And you forgot the final shot that took out the anti spiral.
That one too, but all I can really remember from that arc aside from Kittan dying is the fact the anti-spiral sets himself up to lose pretty hard.
>>
>>14811628
>Recommend it in a friendly way and you'll see more people appreciate Getter.
The people who I know who are super into TTGL in real life has those violent reactions I talked about. I also has some who were receptive, but the mentality that the worst of TTGL fans doesn't exist anymore is false because it's basically the people who are entry level in general.
>>
>>14811637
I don't remember how that scene in ep 11 flowed and it's too late to download and rewatch. IF it's the Lagann itself magically springing to life then yeah it's... questionable but I'm not sure, I'll check tomorrow.
>the anti-spiral sets himself up to lose pretty hard
Not really. The Anti-Spiral could replicate anything Simon & co did - as they got bigger, the anti-spiral got bigger. He did not predict the matryoshka doll attack they pulled off because he thought humans were too fucking stupid to do shit like that.
>>
>>14811640
The thing is those people are probably the kind that don't even post on anime communities, just the really super-mainstream types that say "I hate anime BUT COWBOY BEBOP AND GHIBLI" or whatever the fuck. They have little relevance as far as anime discussion places go.

As I said, in terms of online shit I've seen far, far more denial of anime history and pretend-"connoisseur" behavior from Eva fans, the typical claim that Eva was revolutionary because it showed "what it's REALLY like for a teen to have to pilot a robot" (exactly what Gundam did in the 70s) being the most obvious and retarded.
>>
>>14811597

It does have a higher visual quality by the sole virtue of just having far superior technology.

Citizen Kane is a masterpiece OF ITS TIME.

It still holds up, but it is dated, extremely so. It has a lot of extremely impressive cinematography even for today, and same goes for other older series.

I personally love Mazinger just because of how simple yet recognizable his design is, that does not make him any less dated however.

>>14811612

>>14811566 here, same goes for me.

I love getter and honestly like the Getter Armageddon theme infinitely more than Sorairo Days, though Libera me From Hell and the Stoner Sunshine theme are more level for me (yes, even the rap part).

>>14811637

They used the nature of Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann and ejected every previous form from the mech to get at the Anti-Spiral commanding the Anti Spiral mech.

Simon then makes a final drill out of his own blood to do a Giga Drill Breaker with himself instead of Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>14811653
Lagann didn't activate at all during his depression phase, general lured in Gurren team by using a village of cute girls, the entire team gets locked up in the dungeon while Gurren lays in it a trash heap. Flashback (i think) with Kamina explaining how he's weak and Simon's the strong one. Gurren lights up and drills underground to Simon.

>Not really. The Anti-Spiral could replicate anything Simon & co did - as they got bigger, the anti-spiral got bigger. He did not predict the matryoshka doll attack they pulled off because he thought humans were too fucking stupid to do shit like that.
But even before that, wasn't the anti-spiral a literal god who could warp reality and shit? I was thinking how wiping out the Gurren team with some supermassive black hole would cause more despair then losing a close fight.
>>
File: jesus fucking christ.png (814KB, 599x712px) Image search: [Google]
jesus fucking christ.png
814KB, 599x712px
>>14811667
I've never in my life seen an interpretation of Gurren Lagann as deeply retarded, pretentious and delusional as this.
>>
>>14811687

Evangelion was good the first few episode, but then Anno went full fucktard due to depression and being high off his ass on antidepressants and turned it into a pretentious schlock of miserymongering and meaningless imagery.

Even the most braindead moment of any other Gainax anime has more meaning that the imagery of Evangelion, not even getting into the fact that christian imagery is a get out of jail free card for "UNGH SO DEEEP" in the east.
>>
>>14811705

episodes*

fucking typos.

Oh, and the characters of Evangelion are more two-dimensional than FUCKING ATTENBOROUGH.
>>
>>14811705
Not him but Evangelion isn't about the religious imagery/symbolism or whatever the fuck. I don't get why so many people think this when it's actually about the characters and their problems. Once the second half kicks in this should be painfully obvious.
>>
>>14811672
>It does have a higher visual quality by the sole virtue of just having far superior technology.
Technology doesn't create better designs. Digital allows for more animation to be done easier and cheaper but in the end skill is a far bigger deciding factor. Designs represent what's considered "cool" in their era and what was cool in the 70s isn't cool now but trendiness is a really poor judge of a design. Mazinger's design is fantastic but you only really get what it was supposed to get across if you read the original manga series before it became a toy ad - it's basically a robotic Mao Dante.

Akira was done in the digital era and it still beats the great majority of anime feature films today in terms of animation quality because the people involved drew amazingly well and had a fantastic understanding of motion and the laws of physics.

Modern films allow for more elaborate camera motions and whatnot but that's not necessarily a good thing because just having a lot of cuts and whooshy motion and whatnot can mean the individual shots lack thoughtful composition. Older films were slow and focused very heavily on single shots but that often means the individual shots were really, really good and had amazing understanding of artistic composition. Once again the skill > technology stuff applies, technology helps but pure skill is more important.

Once again read the Getter manga.
>>
>>14811667
Oh i 100% agree. The three Mecha fanbases that are in order least cancerous to most goes TTGL then Geass then Eva. TTGL are mostly forgettable only irksome when they are those "entry level snobs" who think the small assortment they have seen is the end all be all and only watch dubs. Geass are, in my experience, people who like Moe/chuuni anime the most and the biggest proponents of "I like it in spite of the Mecha, i don't watch it for the Mechs" mindset. But nothing tops delusional Evafags who buy into the deep meme to the point they think EoE is a masterpiece, Eva defined the genre and broke boundaries, broke the mold somehow, is some psychological thriller never seen before, and that the rebuild movies are good.

I think what stops the Eva fanbases getting more shit here is in my experience you get Evafags far less frequently than these half bait threads. Also it helps that Eva is probably the best of the three shows.
>>
>>14811717
>>14811672
To add to this, a good example of an "update" of a design being shit is Popeye the Sailor. In the 50s Fleischer wanted to be Disney and turned Popeye into a cutesy Mickey-like mascot, and yet the charmingly ugly grumpy middle aged man 30s version is still the one everyone loves because despite being easily identifiable as a 30s design because it was unique and based around an idea rather than just "updating" something to bring it to "modern" standards (and obviously those standards will stop being modern at some point and they did)

Or look at the fucking modern CG movie Ninja Turtles. Or the Bayformers. Really obvious examples though.
>>
>>14811724

This order is reversed when talking about the cancerous nature of bashing a series.
>>
>>14811724
As I said I think it's a self fulfilling thing, a lot of bunch on /m/ have been mad about Gurren for a very long time and I think some people just want to fuck with you guys. I doubt that guy would've posted what he posted completely unprovoked.
>>
>>14811746
>>14811724
For the record I've never done this with Getter but I have done it with Gunbuster. I had fun with the series despite its many flaws and I think it's overall good, but its fans in 2007 were so fucking out of their minds in the way they idealized it as this perfect most epic mecha anime that only a cancerous objectively wrong newfag piece of shit would dislike that I enjoyed calling it a piece of shit and exaggerating my issues with it just to get a reaction from them.

I don't do it anymore but the fact that I did at some point makes me understand others that do the same.
>>
>>14811709
>>14811705
The christian stuff is just there to look cool and exotic to japs, which... yeah is obviously pretty pretentious. But it's not the focus as >>14811715 said. Eva's narrative is interesting precisely because it's the product of the troubled mind of a self-hating depressive turbo-nerd and it works really well because despite the awkwardness of its premise it's masterfully directed.
>>
>>14811566
>but they are not nearly as similar as Getterfags like to think they are just for the sake of calling GL a ripoff.
Do you really think that people who call GL a ripoff of Getter actually consumed Getter media?

It's just a facade. I watched, read and liked Getter, and while I didn't care for TTGL beyond the initial viewing, I would be the last person to make any story comparisons. Nakashima was inspired while working on Getter Robo Saga, and then did his own thing.

But
>has better designs
Nope nope nope.

The designs in TTGL only look good in motion.
>>
Don't you think that TTGL takes more from GGG and Final than it from Getter?
>>
>>14811808
Clawshrimpy would love to hear this.
>>
>>14811804
I think things like posing and perspective are what makes GL's designs work moreso than the motion. If you look at GL itself on the model sheet it's nothing special but the way the animators draw it makes it fun.
>>
>>14811804
>Do you really think that people who call GL a ripoff of Getter actually consumed Getter media?
yes? they're just really bad at judging things they dislike beyond a surface level
>>
>>14811892
>yes? they're just really bad at judging things they dislike beyond a surface level
Actual fans wouldn't want to throw their series under the bus together with ttgl.

I know how extreme ttgl fans are, and the last thing I want are ttgl fags shitposting all over Getter because some moron got them upset. Please, let's not forget people downvoting logh because it was higher rated than their own series on mal. These guys are even more autistic than some of /m/'s worst shitposters.

I mean, we already invited the likes of Pablo who shitposts in every Getter thread he finds. I'd rather keep my small dedicated fanbase. I'm not going to go out of my way to recommend anything I like to random people, unless I actually know them.
>>
>>14811918
>and the last thing I want are ttgl fags shitposting all over Getter
Most GL fans haven't even heard or Getter and never will, they aren't the ones who go into every thread about a show to talk about how much better their one is
>>
>>14811923
>Most GL fans haven't even heard or Getter and never will
Exactly, which is why I don't want anyone going around comparing ttgl and getter, and calling it a ripoff.

The knee jerk reaction is usually something like "getter is outdated shit for grandpas and ttgl is perfect". People get even more delusional and defensive the more you attack their positions.

>>14811558
How about you walk away? It's that fucking easy.
>>
>>14811923
It is possible that they're gundamfags using getter as bait to annoy ttglfags.

Plenty of people dislike ttglfags, and it's not limited to getterfags.
>>
>>14811937
>The knee jerk reaction is usually something like "getter is outdated shit for grandpas and ttgl is perfect"
People from my experience say this in response to ripoff accusations. As I said earlier, it's a simplistic combative response to a simplistic combative statement.
>>
>>14811578
>People constantly claim getter rays and spiral energy are one and the same which makes me wonder if people even understand Getter at all. Spiral power is individual human will, getter energy is an omnipresent universal energy with a will of its own.

Fucking this.
Older threads had the right idea when they described Getter energy as Lovecraftian - it's a force with a will of its own that predates humanity and has been controlling things in its own way for ages, and stands to outlast us.

Spiral Energy is more in the camp of things like GGG's use of courage of, if you want to get into western examples, Green Lantern's will power. - ultimately it's the wielder that controls it rather than it controlling the wielder.
>>
>>14811558
Imagine you make a show as a celebration of this manga you really love

and everyone loves the show but doesn't read the manga

and then you've got shitters who read the manga and shit on the show because they're convinced you're trying to kill the manga or some shit

fuck you, you get off on being an elitist idiot as much as that fucker, what was his name, clawshrimpy? got off on "TTGL is a shittier GaoGaiGar". If more people actually read Getter you'd be whining your pure manga's being corrupted and spread about the plebdom.
>>
>>14811980
>ultimately it's the wielder that controls it rather than it controlling the wielder.
a big point of it is that that's not quite true, though, not until Simon's generation breaks through and takes hold. It's the whole reason the Anti-Spirals feared the Spiral Nemesis- like Getter, Spiral Energy is relentless violent evolution. In the manga, at least, Getter predates mankind but isn't really shown, IIRC at least, as "outlasting" it- it consumes mankind, rather. Mankind becomes Getter, as mankind evolves with it. The main difference between both is really in whether at the end mankind can take hold or not, because otherwise, while not 1:1, there's clearly intended to be similarities (least of which the obvious literalisation of Getter's relentless evolution into a drill that never stops)
>>
>>14812000
>a big point of it is that that's not quite true, though, not until Simon's generation breaks through and takes hold. It's the whole reason the Anti-Spirals feared the Spiral Nemesis- like Getter, Spiral Energy is relentless violent evolution
no, spiral energy is literally SOULS. it was specifically described as such, it's always been about individual drive.

it was human stupidity that made it 'uncontrollable'.

> there's clearly intended to be similarities

well obviously, both are drawn the same way. but my point is that the thematic execution is different and they symbolize different things.
>>14811987
>If more people actually read Getter you'd be whining your pure manga's being corrupted and spread about the plebdom.
p sure this is accurate lol
>>
File: ttgl wallpaper.png (853KB, 900x612px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl wallpaper.png
853KB, 900x612px
>>14807599
There was nothing wrong with TTGL, and second season (specially the second film) was much better than the first part.
Stop with the "if it is popular it's bad", you just sound like a contrarian hipster.
>>
>>14812179
How can anyone sit through the Rossiu arc and actually say they enjoyed it?
Space arc is simply inferior to the action before Kamina's death.
Film was eh, I liked the fact that the Rossiu arc and the teleportation bullshit was cut. Final fight took forever though and I never actually finished it because it took so long.
>>
>>14811199
It's not so much I think Nia is a flawless pretty, pretty princess. I think she is an insert. From her character design, to her personality, she was a square peg. Instead of pounding her into the round hole, Gainax simply took a sledge hammer to the hole until Nia could fit. Up until Nia was introduced, GL followed the "heroes journey" archetype closely. The instant Nia was introduced, Simon's role changed from a hero, to Nia's boyfriend. Yes Simon had character development after that point. To make him a better boyfriend for Nia. It was tolerable in the first half (partly since the writing was just that tight), but in the second half GL was a completely different show and never quite recovered. The blame could be placed on many things, but generaly put a good portion of that Blame on Nia. If you didn't care about Nia (and I'll admit I didn't) then the whole ending was meaningless and pointless. (No you don't need to lecture me about necromancy Even though I do feel that a rule suddenly introduced in the last episode is akin to lucas and the Midochloridan thing I felt cheated.. I was here for Simon's tale, yet he was regulated to a supporting character halfway into the show. You know I could have even accepted Hobo Simon, if I felt it was organically grown out of the situation. But it didn't feel that way to me. Simon never came into his own. At first he was in Kamina's shadow. And then he's in Nia's shadow. And the instant she's gone, his story is over.

Also this is the most civil discussion of my criticisms of GL I've had on /m/ in the nearly decade since it ended. Want to discuss how I think Rossiu was wrong, or how I think it's a shame people dismiss or outright deny the non-getter influences on the show?
>>
The fights are shit.
The characters are boring.
The theme is contradictory.
The music is shit, rap music is shit.
>>
>>14812975
this
>>
>>14812188
>How can anyone sit through the Rossiu arc and actually say they enjoyed it?
because it was good and people missed the point as either "Rossiu was right" or "Rossiu was a retarded Simon was right" or whatever

both were equal parts wrong and right
>>
File: image.jpg (566KB, 1508x2103px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
566KB, 1508x2103px
/m/ absolutely BTFO by the Twitter TTGL clique

>These are the people who defend TTGL on /m/
>>
>>14813881
Nothing in this post was worth your effort in making this image. Nothing in this image is poignant or damning enough.
>>
>>14813881
>likes good robot anime
>implying plural
wat, has he actually managed to get through anything else without dropping it or comparing it to GGG?
>>
>>14813881
>TTGL clique
lol noontide didn't even have fun watching gurren lagann and he's used 4chan and /m/ for way longer than tumblr. doesn't mean he can't laugh at that comment because it was pretty fucking funny.

I guess the guy later said his problem was that the gurren music was trying to be 'intentionally stupid' (which I think is a misreading of the show but whatever, way more reasonable) but the original comparison between the songs and the claims of "immaturity" vs "seriousness" was pretty dumb even if it was a result of bad wording.
>>
>>14813958
I don't care what you niggers say.

Nigger rap sucks and TTGL music fucking sucks.
>>
>>14812188
>How can anyone sit through the Rossiu arc and actually say they enjoyed it?
I'm one of the few people who enjoyed the Geometry Wars arc, though I do admit it's full of problems.

Absolutely hated the space arc. Episode 26 is arguably the best episode in the show, and I'd still give it up if it meant no space arc.
>>
File: 1471579077520.jpg (38KB, 320x353px) Image search: [Google]
1471579077520.jpg
38KB, 320x353px
>>14814090
>>
>>14814176
The wall can't be built soon enough. Fuck nigger rap. Literally the most repulsive form of music for monkeys, and ttgl is full of it.
>>
File: back to pol.jpg (69KB, 546x700px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.jpg
69KB, 546x700px
>>14814191

I think you took the wrong turn buddy.
>>
>>14814090
I agree.

Thank God for white rappers. Weren't for them the genre would be unsalvagable. I will say I found Fishing Blues to be a little too boring coming off of Southsiders which was absolutely fantastic, Camera Theif was the perfect choice for the first track.
>>
File: 166.jpg (38KB, 718x481px) Image search: [Google]
166.jpg
38KB, 718x481px
The problem with the show is that it can't decide what it wants to be. It teeters between serious and zany which leads to inconsistency in terms of storytelling.

When it's trying to be serious, the longer you watch the more conveniences you have to start accepting that eventually get too big to swallow, while if you try and just take it as a zany story it keeps throwing these off putting serious story beats that just don't work.

I think the biggest example of this is Nia as a character. When you evaluate her role in the story, you realize that her entire character revolves around playing whatever role the writers need her to play when they want to move the story a certain way.

You need a character to break Simon out of depression? You use Nia. You need a character to use as an exposition tool for Lord Genome at the end of the final arc so you just don't show up at his castle and fight a guy you have no insight on? You use Nia. You need an antagonist for the Future Earth Arc who can make Simon dick around for the amount of episodes you want that arc to be? You use Nia. You need a convenient way for Simon to be able to actually FIND the anti-spiral? You use Nia. You want a somber ending that runs contrary to the shows themes up until that point? You use Nia.

Nia's character was ultimately a plot device whose personality boiled down to "She's nice, everyone likes her, she's related to every villain faction, she dies"
>>
File: download (3).jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>14814191
Yeah that wall is really gonna affect this Japanese guy who rapped a song for a Japanese cartoon
>>
>>14814234
Best criticism of TTGL that I haven't heard before. 10/10, well executed.
>>
>>14814234
>It teeters between serious and zany which leads to inconsistency in terms of storytelling.
That problem seems to be a big issue in-house since that followed over to trigger where they still struggle with it. Imaishi should really stick to goofy, it suits him better.
>>
>>14814203
Wigger rap suck too.

Rap isn't music, it's just talking.
>>
>>14814236
Jiggers are gonna get killed too.
>>
>>14814234
>I can't accept tone shift wahhh why is this artificial medium so full of artifice wahhh

Stop being autistic.
>>
>>14814260
It's beat poetry, what's the difference? Still music.

The only reason you'd be hearing garbage to piss you off that badly in the first place is you listening to the radio. Which, of course, even a nigger would be right to laugh at you for. One of the things I'm most thankful for in terms of expanding my appreciation of music was crossing paths with a normie who had an understanding of refined hip-hop and having him introduce me to significantly higher quality music. I already mentioned it above, but the album Southsiders from Atmosphere is an excellent entry level introduction into alternative hip-hop. After that I would suggest listening to the second album by Eyedea & Abilities to move further along the lines of more abstract symbolism within the lyrics. Once you've heard that once, Eyedea's final album is a fucking amazing rude that culminates beautifully and sadly ends up foreshadowing his later death. Southsiders actually contains a tribute peice about Eyedea.

It's not all about asses and lean.
>>
>>14814268
It's not a tone shift when the series can't decide on one or the other. You can't take a show seriously when it randomly wants to jump back to stupid goofball shit. You can't relax and have fun when a show randomly tries to be dark/brooding/serious.

A gradual change is good and well executed makes both times stand out even better. Imaishi however has a habit of snapping back and forth between them at random not letting anything naturally flow. That isn't a tone shift, that's referred to as a tonal inconsistency.
>>
>>14814260
yeah and those damn jazz players need to stop adding all those unnecessary grace notes and just play the music properly like a decent person. Jazz is ruining music
>>
File: 370.jpg (373KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
370.jpg
373KB, 1280x720px
>>14814268
I can enjoy shows where the tone shifts. They just have to be executed properly. The problem is that Gurren Lagann didn't.

Something like G Gundam or Shin Mazinger were better able to balance their tones and themes. The Fighter who uses words instead of his fists to win his final battle. The fact that Mazinger is destined to lose at the end of this conflict and you know that from the very start of the show. On the surface, these things should run contrary to the cores of these shows but below the surface you understand that these endings are what the shows built up to. Domon reaching an understanding that martial arts are more than just how good you punch, but a means for personal growth and enlightenment and the fact that even faced with unconquerable odds, Mazinger will fight to the end

Gurren Lagann preached "Make the Impossible possible" as it's main theme for the entire show and how does it end? Saving Nia will somehow "doom" the universe and thus she has to die. You couldn't make that impossible thing possible.

When watching the show for the first time, you probably are caught up in your emotions after such a emotional high caused by the final fight that you let yourself be carried away by it. It's only on reflection that you realize it's a sour cord.

Gurren Lagann was a show that prioritized it's animation and set pieces first, which is why Episode 4 turned out the way it did and why it got mocked so much, because if the entirty of Gurren Lagann had been animated like episode 4, most people wouldn't even give it a second glance.
>>
>>14814298
>it's inconsistent if I don't like it.

Autism.
>>
>>14814234
See I think that tonal dissonance was one of the best parts of the show because it kind of refused to be categorized. I thought the tones reached a synthesis and rather than not being able to decide whether to be zany or serious, the show was in the big picture both zany and serious simultaneously.

Personally i dont think the issue is normies praising a mediocre show, but rather normies not actually understanding why a great show is great thus not being able to vocalize it very well and sounding like idiots trying to describe/defend the show
>>
>>14814316
>misrepresent the argument
Good shitposter, have a (You)
>>
>>14814330
Vocalizing why a show is good or bad is something most people are just terrible at in general.

It's why I take issue to randos deciding to play armchair critic like they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>14814316
>How to shitpost
>>14814330
>How to make the exact same argument without shitposting

Take notes, /m/.
>>
>>14807736
>the music is shitty
lol ok bro
>>
>>14814308
Shin Mazinger's ending was perfect. The whole show was a good lesson about trusting people based on their appearances and being arrogant as fuck. Just when Tsubasa thought she was unbeatable right from the moment she was introduced, her 4d chess super plan backfired hard on her. It wasn't Kouji's fault either since he was warming up to her mom by following her orders.

Shin Amazinger "deconstructed" the mecha genre by showing that you won't win just because you have an invincible super robot.
>>
>>14814416
Not trusting*
>>
File: 046.png (584KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
046.png
584KB, 1280x720px
>>14814416
That's why I picked that show as an example. It seems I'm in the minority in which I put consistency in character and theming over animation and twists.

I mean, it's why I like MJP so much as well. The characters act as you'd expect them to act following their arcs. Choices are made in universe that make sense and seems like the writers had thought put into them.

Compare that to the Hotsprings episode. Humans are being subjugated underground by roving beastmen who are to kill them on sight but HEY THIS HOTSPRINGS OUT IN THE OPEN WHERE BEASTMAN CAN EASILY FIND IT TOTALLY ISN'T A TRAP OR ANYTHING LETS GO IN

That's the integrity of the world being shat on because the writers and animators wanted to do a hotspring episode
>>
>>14814308
>if the entirty of Gurren Lagann had been animated like episode 4, most people wouldn't even give it a second glance.

This

Hell, look at Gaiking LoDM:
there were tons of things in it that GL lifted but since it looks like hot garbage over half of the time not a lot gave a shit about it.
>>
>>14814416
>Shin Mazinger
>deconstruction

It was unfinished dumbass hence the ending. Also the BD version of the first contradicts your stupid assertion.
>>
>>14807599
>every fucking pleb

It's only /v/ babbies who don't go beyond entry level that do this.
>>
I was thinking about this thread today, and I was trying to figure out why exactly I found the action in TTGL really boring despite being well-directed for the most part and well-animated.

My conclusion: it wasn't very stylish, by that I mean the action wasn't very imaginative and creative. The majority of the fights (outside my favorite one, Kamina vs Viral) were mostly Simon getting beat around, him activating spiral power, and just nuking everything with ease.

An example of something I would call stylish would be things like this
https://sakugabooru.com/data/6642877752be5ca9daa142bb68693cff.webm
>>
>>14814503
Or maybe they just don't give a shit about Gaiking
>>
>>14814803
You mean like they did at first with GL that no one initially even wanted to sub?
>>
>>14813958
Yes we know you Tumblr fags have been cancerous on /m/ for years.
>>
>>14814495
I'm actually just watching Majestic Prince now and I'm actually surprised as to how well everything flows.
>>
>>14814832
Watch more anime.
>>
>>14814855
I've watched over 400 series, I don't think that is a fucking concern whatsoever
>>
>>14814870
>only 400
Faggot
>>
>>14814870
Anonymous, it's just some guy who gets triggered that people like MJP so much. He always says that when people mention they're surprised at how consistent characterization and logical people are in MJP

He's probably an upset Gargantiafag mad that people don't praise Gargantia because it sacrificed people acting like actual humans for the sake of MUH COMING OF AGE STORY.
>>
>>14814877
>MJP defense force making up shit because someone doesn't dickride their anime

Here
We
Fucking
Go
>>
>>14814521
It wasn't unfinished you dumbass. The number of episodes was agreed upon before production and Imagawa decided to end it on a great note, leaving room for potential sequels by other directors. Imagawa was tasked with adapting Mazinger Z, not Great Mazinger which is a different series.
>>
>>14814896
>Imagawa was tasked with adapting Mazinger Z, not Great Mazinger which is a different series.
Mazinger Z ends with the appearance of Great to save the day dumbass not on a cliffhanger. So it wasn't even a faithful adaptation
>>
>>14814877
You're not wrong
>>
File: dmazinger_z_05_0207.jpg (334KB, 728x1117px) Image search: [Google]
dmazinger_z_05_0207.jpg
334KB, 728x1117px
>>14814919
>Mazinger Z ends with the appearance of Great to save the day dumbass
First off, proof that it does. Which Japanese edition has that ending? I'm not talking about the spic or dago edition. I'm willing to concede that, because I only know the original Japanese edition which was scanlated.

> So it wasn't even a faithful adaptation
And here is where you shoot yourself in the foot. You're 100% correct.
It was only faithful sometimes, and wasn't faithful in other times. Given that Tsurugi Tetsuya is practically dead in the Shin Mazinger Z continuity, we don't even know that a series like Great Mazinger even exists like the one we see in the manga. In other words, Shin Mazinger wasn't unfinished. Unfinished would imply it got cut short during its run. It didn't get cut short. It ended the way it did, because Imagawa liked ending that way, full stop.

Calling Shin Mazinger Z unfinished is as retarded as calling Mazinkaiser unfinished because it didn't feature Grendizer.
>>
File: 1455164358759.png (190KB, 329x428px) Image search: [Google]
1455164358759.png
190KB, 329x428px
>>14814982
>Calling Shin Mazinger Z unfinished is as retarded as calling Mazinkaiser unfinished because it didn't feature Grendizer.
>Mainkaiser
>Kouji defeats Dr. Hell. The END
>Shin Mazinger
>W-w-w-w-ho was that mask fellow?
>W-w-w-w-what happened to everyone?
>W-w-w-w-why did Kouji said he doesn't regret killing Dr.Hell?
>Not even a "fin" or last episode montage just an abrupt "cue credits" like any reguloar episode
>NO THIS WAS NOT UNFINISHED! IMAGAWAKA IS A GENIUS
>>
>>14815028
Shin Mazinger was scheduled for 26 episodes and no more. Imagawa ended it that way because he wanted to. He did it with Giant Robo. He did it with G Gundam. These endings are open ended, because that's how he likes to end shows. They're not unfinished like you claim, because Imagawa himself said he doesn't like the idea of sequels, since he thinks a sequel means he hasn't said everything on what he had to say in his shows

Also, you still haven't posted anything that proves that the manga ends on Great showing up. I posted one where it didn't end on that, but ended on a terebi magazine chapter instead.

You're officially retarded and should stop posting before embarrassing yourself even more.
>>
>>14815230
>Shin Mazinger was scheduled for 26 episodes and no more.
In hopes for a sequel
> He did it with Giant Robo.
He literally fucking said he wanted to do more. Hence why he wrote the two manga sequels. That was never intended to be the end
> He did it with G Gundam
G Gundam had a complete ending dumbass.

This isn't how he "ends" things. Shin Mazinger is incomplete because the ending is unsatisfying and the fact that SRW Z3 fixes this by actually hving you beat the General of Darkness proves this.
>>
>>14814306
Nigger jazz is shit too, keep it out of Japan.

KEEP NIGGER CULTURE OUT OF JAPAN.
>>
>>14814296
No, it's just talking.

Enough fucking words, rap music is fucking shit. All of it.
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 302x225px
>>14811558
Feels bad
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 500x492px
>>14811566
>that entire second portion of the post

Have we reached critical mass?
>>
>>14815791
>In hopes for a sequel
Correct, in hope for a sequel. But just because a sequel isn't there, doesn't make it "unfinished". Shin Mazinger's story is finished. What he wanted someone else to do is Great Mazinger's story, which he didn't do because he had 26 episodes, not fucking 52. Point to me where he actually did an anime sequel. Please do, because he never fucking did.

>He literally fucking said he wanted to do more.
So does that make it unfinished? Is the movie Avatar unfinished because Cameron wants to do more? You're retarded. That's not what he said anyway. He said Mazinger comes in 2 parts. The first part he adapted, he didn't adapt the second.

>Hence why he wrote the two manga sequels.
Giant Robo The Day The Earth Burned isn't a sequel you retard. It's a complete reboot.

> Shin Mazinger is incomplete because the ending is unsatisfying
To you, you retard. Imagawa's ending satisfied me, because this is what he was aiming for Mazinger Z, not Great Mazinger.

>RW Z3 fixes this by actually having you beat the General of Darkness proves this.
It only proves that Z3 wants the Great Mazinger anime, not Mazinger Z. Also, Z3 is literally fan fiction so it doesn't mean anything.

You don't understand the difference between open endings and "unfinished".

Shin Mazinger was about Kouji vs Dr.Hell, which Kouji defeated. The entire narrator's speech in the very first episode was proving this. He made a mistake, and as a consequence, The Great General of Darkness showed up. The first sequence in the second episode proves this too.

Imagawa set out a point about Kouji's mistake and how he fucked up. If he defeated the General of Darkness in the last episode, then these sequences would be entirely meaningless and would make the show make no sense thematically.

Like I said, you are retarded and you need to kill yourself.
>>
>>14815791
Also,

Still waiting for your proof where you said that Great shows up at the end of the Mazinger manga.
>>
>>14807599
No matter how bad TTGL gets, IT WILL NEVER BE AS BAD AS LAZY MATSUMOTO'S MANGA
>>
Since this is a TTGL thread, I have a question. Since people always say that NGE is >muh deconstruction and TTGL >muh homage, which show should I watch to appreciate NGE's "deconstruction" and TTGL' "homage" ?
>>
>>14816986
NGE being muh deconstruction is bullshit, but you could read Devilman or watch Ideon; TTGL is pretty much a Getter ripoff without the grimdark and hopeleness.
>>
>>14816914
>Correct, in hope for a sequel. But just because a sequel isn't there,
Which has nothing to do with his intentions but the fact that it wasn't financially successful
>doesn't make it "unfinished
Of course it does because the Mazinger story DOES NOT FUCKING END THERE and the fact that they left shit open PROVES THAT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO END THERE and the fact that he wanted to continue it PROVES THAT HIS INTENTION WAS NOT TO END IT THERE. At this point all you're a broken record

>So does that make it unfinished?
Yep. If Shin Mazinger WAS MEANT TO END THERE he would not have been adamant about making a sequel same with Giant Robo, you don't see him saying shit like "I want to make a G Gundam sequel" the story is complete and there's nothing to add there
>Giant Robo The Day The Earth Burned isn't a sequel you retard. It's a complete reboot.
Wrong again dumbass
>To you, you retard.
Actually to most people which is why it bombed and Z3 had to do the rest of the storyline themsleves. You're just a blind fantard.
>because this is what he was aiming for Mazinger Z,
Except for the fact that this is not how the manga ended or the TV series so once again you're talking out your ass
>It only proves that Z3 wants the Great Mazinger anime, not Mazinger Z.
THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ADDED GREAT MAZINGER TO THE ROSTER! You lose again retard.
>You don't understand the difference between open endings and "unfinished".
Except it wasn't open, it had a blatant sequel hook here and there's the fact that we have a new baddie in the form of General of Darkness and of course we don't know the fate of the rest of the cast. An open ending would have not even bother to show the General of Darkness and just end with Dr. Hell's defeat but with promise of new foes in the horizon BUT BLATANTLY SHOWING THAT NO THERE'S AN EVEN BIGGER THREAT COMING RIGHT NOW THAT YOU HAVE TO STOP IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF AN OPEN ENDING.
>>
>>14816914
>Shin Mazinger was about Kouji vs Dr.Hell,
More like it was about Tsubasa. Kouji is barely even a character in this and his esteemed rivalry with Dr. Hell is more or less just another extension of Tsubasa's backstory than anything in regards to him ShinMazinger isn't about Kouji but the Mazinger mythos in general and the story of the Kabuto's is just a small portion of the big picture which is what Imagawa was aiming for hence why this was him just doing to Go Nagi what he for Yokoyama in Giant Robo. So saying Shin Mazinger was just about Kouji vs Dr. Hell is missing the point entirely and his "mistake and consequence" is only ever brought to attention in one line during the media res which isn't really at all a heavy burden since how can have known the events that transpired?
>then these sequences would be entirely meaningless
They're meaningless in general and don't really add much to anything other than a preview of shit to come and a lot of the shit that's in those sequences don't even happen in the actual show. This is you looking deeply into shit that's not there.
>>14816917
How about you lurk more you fucking bitch. If anycase you've proven that Shin mazinger isn't a faithful adaptation of Mazinger nor was it intended to end there as a homage to anything since if you go into the TV series it ends with Great Mazinger showing up anyways.
>>
>>14811363
>drill bigger than a galaxy
>>
>>14817037
>Which has nothing to do with his intentions but the fact that it wasn't financially successful
What part of he was tasked to only adapt Mazinger Z's story don't you get?

>Of course it does because the Mazinger story DOES NOT FUCKING END THERE and the fact that they left shit open PROVES THAT IT WAS NOT MEANT TO END THERE and the fact that he wanted to continue it PROVES THAT HIS INTENTION WAS NOT TO END IT THERE. At this point all you're a broken record
I already acknowledged that the story that Go Nagai came up with, is in 2 parts, Mazinger Z, and Great Mazinger. Imagawa left shit open, because yes, it leaves room for potential sequels, but just because a work is left open ended, doesn't mean it's "unfinished". It only means that Go Nagai's Great Mazinger wasn't adapted, the same fucking way Mazinkaiser didn't adapt Grendizer.

>Wrong again dumbass
Proof? I already read the available chapters, and the continuity contradicts the OVA.

>Actually to most people which is why it bombed, You're just a blind fantard.
Who are these people? Your spic friends? Also keep on topic. I never said it was a success in the first place so shut the fuck up. I'm only telling you the FACTS, which you refuse to listen to.

>3 had to do the rest of the storyline themselves
Z3 is a fanfic story. It has ZERO relevance to Imagawa. Imagawa didn't tell them to finish the story.

>Except for the fact that this is not how the manga ended or the TV series so once again you're talking out your ass
What part of a director's own creativity and decision making don't you get?

>THEN THEY WOULD HAVE ADDED GREAT MAZINGER TO THE ROSTER! You lose again retard.
No they wouldn't. Are you retarded? SRW isn't going to randomly make shit up. They have the license to Shin Mazinger, not some magical Great Mazinger title that was never made.

You're a retard and have the comprehension of a 5 years old.
>>
File: 1411290933732.jpg (24KB, 274x237px) Image search: [Google]
1411290933732.jpg
24KB, 274x237px
>>14815791
>Z3
>>
>>14817037
>Except it wasn't open, it had a blatant sequel hook here and there's the fact that we have a new baddie in the form of General of Darkness and of course we don't know the fate of the rest of the cast.
Oh god you're stupid. Yes, Shin Mazinger had a sequel hook, but it's also open ended. An ending can be both, and often is. I mean holy shit, are you even familiar with basic narrative conventions? Do you watch movies? Do you read books? Fuck off with your 5 year old understanding of consumer media.

You said it yourself retard. We don't know the fate of the rest of the cast. What part of open ended don't you get?

>An open ending would have not even bother to show the General of Darkness and just end with Dr. Hell's defeat but with promise of new foes in the horizon
It would. This isn't hard science. In case of Shin Mazinger, ending with The General of Darkness beating down Kouji is how Imagawa envisioned the show to end.

How about you go watch the first sequence of episode 1 and episode 2? This disproves everything about how Imagawa didn't intend to end Shin Mazinger with Mazinger Z's defeat.

> BUT BLATANTLY SHOWING THAT NO THERE'S AN EVEN BIGGER THREAT COMING RIGHT NOW THAT YOU HAVE TO STOP IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF AN OPEN ENDING.
That's where the sequel hook is. A sequel hook isn't the opposite of an open ending you retard. An open ending can be many things at a time.

Devilman was left open ended with angels descending down on Earth. Clearly, the manga was over, but there was a new threat. The ending was left open ended, for POTENTIAL, not DEFINITIVE sequels. Years later, we had Devilman Lady acting as a sequel. So let me tell you, Devilman is unfinished without Lady? No, fuck off, you're a retard who like I said, doesn't understand what storytelling is about. You're probably autistic too.
>>
>>14817054
Can you stop fanboying like a retard and learn the English language?

Did I say Shin Mazinger was ONLY about Kouji vs Dr.Hell?

No you retarded faggot. I said, Shin Mazinger was about Kouji vs Dr.Hell, which I'm correct, since this is one of the things that Shin Mazinger had.

Shin Mazinger had more than Kouji vs Dr.Hell, but I wasn't going to cite anything more of it, because they're irrelevant to the discussion I was having at hand.

ITT: Go back to high school, you need it.
>>
>>14817065
>Had a sequel hook
>but its still open ended
>>
>>14817090
Correct.
>>
How can i get into getter ?
>>
>>14816990
yeah man remember when a young boy in getter went through a long coming of age process involving falling in love with a princess girl?

also "grimdark hopelesness" is a really shallow and dumb interpretation of getter which is exactly what I'd expect from you people
>>
>>14817501
Either read the manga first or watch Armageddon.
>>
Honestly, the TTGL fanboys, the real ones with the capslock and the omg so epic and the gurren lagann invented drills and manly speeches, I haven't seen any in at least six or seven years. Or at least, any that weren't blatant ironic shitposting.
>>
>>14817557
I don't see anybody that bad anymore, but I do see people claiming TTGL is some sort of deep masterpiece all the time. There's also the fags who say you watched it wrong when you expect some sort of coherency from it the show.
>>
>>14817557
Everything comes to an end. This includes dressing up as a weebo
>>
>>14808112
It's the FF7 effect.

Far more people complaining about bad FF7/TTGL-fans, than actual bad FF7/TTGL-fans.
>>
>>14810860
>only one super ability.

I still fucking hate how much the new movies milked the Giga Drill Break.
>>
>>14812793
While I don't entirely agree that Nia ruined Simon's character, it definitely got worse in the movies.

Case in point: In episode 11, when the Dai Gurren Brigade is captured, Simon tries to break out the moment they are trapped. We also see that the rest of the members are free by the time he rescues Nia. In other words, he wants to save Nia, but he's still acting as a responsible member of the team.

In the movies, he doesn't do shit until Nia is about to be public executed. The whole brigade is fighting for their lives and he doesn't even try to pilot the Lagann. Only when Nia is about to be killed does he try, stupidly, to climb the Shuzack. Forget the rest of the team, only Nia matters.

One of the many reasons the movies are awful.
>>
>>14814531
What about the battles in episode 13/14?
>>
>>14818470
The ones that were solved by Nia being an obnoxious little shit and shouting Simon can do it?
The one against the water general had Simon using a propeller to drill into the enemy was Simon activating spiral power and one shotting the enemy. That aside, the fact that Simon somehow knows what a propeller is feels like an asspull.

The other one is the turtle one, right? That one was pretty much the same, but this time with an extremely obvious and predictable weakness that's pretty boring to watch.
>>
>>14818502
...No.

Episode 13 is the first fight against Cytomander, where Yoko is the co-pilot, Gurren Lagann first acquires its wings, Simon easily outclasses Viral, and the Dai-Gurren attacks the Dai-Gunten and steals one of its flight spheres.

Episode 14 is the first half of the siege against Teppelin and the second fight against Cytomander. It involves some spiral-power spamming, but it also involves Rossiu taking control, weaponizing the Dai-Gurren's hull for the first time, arrival of the cannon-fodder cavalry, and as you mentioned, Gurren Lagann using the rest of the human forces as a diversion to attack the Dai-Gundo from underground.

All I'm saying is that it's a little reductive to say that all of GL's fights came down to Nia's encouragement and Simon insta-winning with Spiral power.
>>
>>14818560
I don't remember that at all desu
Everything between 11 and 16 or 17 (the one right before the recap episode) must have been really forgettable. I only remember the beach episode and the things I just mentioned.
If I don't remember it, it probably wasn't all that exciting anyway.

But seriously Nia is annoying as fuck. She ruined that entire part of the show for me.
>>
>>14817610
>but I do see people claiming TTGL is some sort of deep masterpiece all the time
I'm the only one who still does anything you could strawman as being that and my point is pretty much always that it's clever in terms of stuff like visual symbolism and seemingly insignificant dialogue with subtle foreshadowing. Not that it's 'deep'.

I may have said it has more thematic depth than Kill la Kill but that's not hard since Kill la Kill is about fucking nothing
>>
>>14818466
I think Lagann-hen has some redeeming qualities despite making some really dumb mistakes ("LITTLE BY LITTLE WE MOVE FORWARD WITH EACH TURN" [turns into being of sheer energy ten times the size of the TTGL])

But Gurren-hen is generally dumb and lame and the only good thing about it is the Yoshinari-animated climax (and even then it's only visually good, it cheapens the fuck out of the events in the series)
>>
Alright TTGL has no substance but is it really all that bad when compared to OG Evangelion? Like I don't get why people think that's the best mecha anime in the history of everything.
>>
Both are style over substance

I love both, but GL a bit more because gainax animation
>>
>>14818789
>>14818812
Eva and GL are shows where style becomes substance, the way they represent the themes through visuals adds to the emotional impact

There are lots of shows where I think the use of style is pretty empty but I won't name them cuz it'll make at least one person upset
>>
>>14820094
>>14818812
Oh and Eva also has plenty of good Gainax animation, less of it and more still frames but still
>>
>>14818727
Agreed. Lagann-hen does some dumb shit but doesn't really get anything too wrong from a writing point of view. Gurren-hen speeds things up too much and cheapens some key developments.

On the other hand Lagann-Hen gave us the anti-spiral giga drill break and the simon/ant-spiral fist fights, which are thematically problematic for me.
>>
>>14818714
>Kill la Kill is about fucking nothing
That's blatantly wrong, though.
>>
Jesus, do you people like ANYTHING?
>>
>>14821261
Everyone loves the Doozy Bots.
>>
>>14821293
I'll take that as a "no".
>>
>>14821261
Bunch of people in this thread are saying they like TTGL, just there's a lot to criticize.
>>
>>14821261

Getter
>>
God, times like this I hope /m/ is one of the first boards to get the axe when Milo becomes the new overlord of 4chan
>>
>>14824115
times like this i hope 4chan gets the axe HEYO
Thread posts: 302
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.