[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Zambot 3 so terrible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: zambot 3.jpg (265KB, 500x722px) Image search: [Google]
zambot 3.jpg
265KB, 500x722px
This show has the worst animated first episode I've ever seen and I've survived the worst parts of SDF Macross just fine and thought 0079 was quite watchable as far as visuals were concerned.

What we have here is not the general issue with most anime where things don't move at all. On the contrary things moved a lot, but in a terrible way. It would be much better if the episode was just a collection of stills.

It's like a couple of ambitious animators completely devoid of any talent for animation vomited on my screen for 20 minutes.
>>
>>14806711
There wasn't ANY animation director for this one. No joke, not even ANN or Anidb listed any for the show.
>>
>>14806711
Why is Tomino such a fucking psychopath? Can he only get an erection when he directs a fictional characters death scene?
>>
>>14806711
>This show has the worst animated first episode I've ever seen and I've survived the worst parts of SDF Macross just fine and thought 0079 was quite watchable as far as visuals were concerned.

>this show from 1977 looks worse than this one from 1979 and this other one from 1982!

Well gee, this is a hard thing to puzzle out.
>>
File: tomino.jpg (22KB, 256x287px) Image search: [Google]
tomino.jpg
22KB, 256x287px
>>14807362
>>14806711
Actually to elaborate, the show had aproximately 25ยข and half eaten sandwitch in the budget department.
I heard that at some times there were like 2 people doing the animation for the whole episode.
>>
>>14807385
Didn't they call Tomino the editing wizard because he could scissor up new episodes out of already drawn footage, btw?
I learned that in Gundam Sousei but it doesn't sound like they made that up.
>>
>>14807362
And what exactly is your point, tripfag? Animation quality does not depend on the era. Future Boy Conan came out in 78 and it looks better than most anime of any year. Even further back, you have the timeless masterpiece movies of Toei Douga or Disney superior to most regardless of time.

And even if there was some sort of linear correlation as you are indicating, two or three years wouldn't make such a difference.

Seriously, what happened to Sunrise and Tomino that only two years after producing such an atrocity, they could create one of the true anime masterpieces in 1979? I can't believe I had such high hopes for this series.
>>
>>14807409
>tv series from company a should look like movie from company b and company c
wat
>>
File: laughing tomino.jpg (31KB, 268x245px) Image search: [Google]
laughing tomino.jpg
31KB, 268x245px
>>14807390
>Gundam Sousei
I wouldn't take it as face value. But then again I didn't much mean the overuse of stock animation in 0079. Despite there being a lot of it.
And then there is that whole Daitarn 3 ep done with footage frankensteined from several earlier ones. That was pretty impressive use of resources.

>>14807409
dude, Sunrise then was not Sunrise of today. They didn't sleep on the money.
>>
>>14807409
>Future Boy Conan
Thanks for accidentaly helping me find the name of this one anime that as kid I have seen stills in some random magazine in the 90s.
>>
>>14807430
Tomino actually did a little work on that show. Storyboarding, I think.
>>
>>14807409
the fact that you can namedrop Conan or 70s World Masterpiece Theater anime or whatever doesn't mean animation wasn't more limited in 70s TV anime IN GENERAL.

The Kanada episodes are still very cheap but as good as you can get with the budget & deadlines of the show and they're spread quite evenly throughout the series so they're like a regular reward for putting up with everything else.
>>
>>14806711
It's a masterpiece.
>>
>>14810568
No it's not.
>>
>>14810568
>It's a masterpiece.

Only in the mind of a 50 year old italian cuck.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.