[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

Binge read the first two books and want more. Does the anime compare to the novels?
>>
>>14806575
The anime is a very accurate adaptation.
>>
>>14806575
>Does the anime compare to the novels
No, the anime is bullshit, don't watch it.
>>
>>14806575
It's a faithful adaptation. No original ending or fan service bullshit.
>>
As always, book is good, anime is mangled garbage.
>>
>>14806575
>Does the anime compare to the novels?

For the most part, though it's not a complete 1:1. The anime cuts some of the supporting characters (Lao, for example, is never seen) and elevates others. The history of the Goldenbaum dynasty is only alluded to for the longest time before finally appearing in the form of an in-universe documentary in the middle of the series, and overall, the anime presents itself to you with the assumption that you've already read the books and know the events as 'history' (ex - they have Yang explaining the Iserlohn capture strategy to everyone before it's implemented, the VO narrator all but tells you what's gonna happen to Kircheis several episodes before it happens through sheer repeated implication.)

It's largely well done, but there are some areas where, as storytelling goes, it does lose some ground next to the source material.
>>
>>14806575
If you want an audiobook with lots of semicircles then it's for you.

Really though it is actually incredible and if you like the books definitely watch it.
>>
>>14806575
They're the exact same.
>>
File: 1472624633197.jpg (147KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472624633197.jpg
147KB, 960x720px
A request, if possible: does anyone have a link to a torrent or a direct download for the old LOGH release by central anime? I mean the one that was full of QUALITY; my purist friend wants to watch it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_YxauHnpyg
>>
File: Lao.jpg (105KB, 637x477px) Image search: [Google]
Lao.jpg
105KB, 637x477px
>>14807392
>The anime cuts some of the supporting characters (Lao, for example, is never seen)
Do you mean this guy?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.