[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone read Susanoo?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

File: img000021 (1).png (865KB, 823x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000021 (1).png
865KB, 823x1200px
Anyone read Susanoo?
>>
>>14804401
It's good, but the sequel needs to be scanlated.
>>
>>14804401
It's bad, and I hope to never see anything related to it anymore.
>>
>>14804401
good art, good story, but this is the original serialization. i need the sequel that went on for 10 years.
>>
>>14804464
at least it's not as bad as lazy matsumoto manga
>>
>>14804464
Never read it. Any reason why?
>>
>>14804489
Ignore the shitposter, it's fantastic.

>>14804481
Reported. Don't shit up every thread with your bullshit.
>>
>>14804509
You want to censor me because of my opinion? Wow. Never thought you'd resort to such lows on /m/.
>>
>>14804489
The retarded plot twists. It's so bad and forced it's funny.
>>
>>14804511
Spamming obvious bait in every thread is not an opinion
I can only imagine how pathetic you ate irl
>>
Just finished the last volume. It was fantastic, alright, fantastically bad. And it drags forever. I was begging for it to end already. What a mess of a story and huge waste of time. This is it, I will never read Nagai again. Holy shit.
>>
File: susa.png (292KB, 1050x422px) Image search: [Google]
susa.png
292KB, 1050x422px
I feel like I lost some brain cells after reading this shit, but there's still something worthwhile about it: The unintentional humor in some of these panels.

Look at this girl, for example, you really can feel her pain in this amazingly detailed facial expression!
>>
>>14804475
>i need the sequel that went on for 10 years.

Is this the one that people here spent years talking up as Nagai's secret masterpiece, or is that in reference to the one we now have scanned?
>>
>>14806829
>last volume
It's not the last. The manga isn't over you pleb. Susanooh was so popular that it ran for another 10 years.
>>
>>14807394
It's only one manga. The manga was the kodansha award winner in 1980. The susanooh novels written by yasutaka nagai were so popular that go nagai had to resume his work on the manga. It even got an rpg for the pc engine.

Case in point, susanooh was a hit comparable to Devilman.
>>
>>14806656
>>14806829
>The retarded plot twists.
Such as? Please elaborate because I found none. The whole manga was about nosferatu trying to revive Susano Oh. Where's the retarded plot twist? There was no plot twist.
>>
File: susa6_338-339.png (2MB, 1563x1212px) Image search: [Google]
susa6_338-339.png
2MB, 1563x1212px
The last volume is pretty much one of the best depiction of space battle I read. Much better than any Gundam shows I watched, and certainly on par with Getter Robo Go and Devilman Lady.

I'm not diebuster, just in case, but Sunano Oh was pretty good overall, from the school fights to the final space battle against Susano Oh.

I take it it's just another case of /m/ being too retarded to understand the plot, and call it a mess. As if we haven't heard that before.
>>
>>14807485
It's just the standard troll(s).
>xpearse
>diebuster
>mario
>>
Anime when?
>>
>>14807406
>>14807428
It is over, but this manga has another ending which ties directly into Violence Jack. That one is not scanlated.

Someone should translate the Hudson PC Engine game one day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcfGF8-nRxI
>>
>>14806656
You mean the ones that go together perfectly fine? Yeah, ok.

>>14806829
>>14804481
>>14804464
>>14806939
We heard you the first time.

>>14807485
It never fails to be entertaining. We go from school club, to sports, to school battles, and finally fucking space battles with monsters.
>>
>>14807601
forget it man, some people are never going to understand. let this thread burn, /m/ doesn't deserve any more of your time.

Saging for good measure.

They released a new chapter of Shin Mazinger, check other thread instead. i know i'm fucking off before the usual spicy gang comes here.
>>
>>14807493
More like list of people I just don't like.
>>
>>14807662
They're not liked for a reason.
>>
File: img000022.png (451KB, 817x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000022.png
451KB, 817x1200px
I count precisely 2 delusional fanboys in this thread being insecure about their lousy "masterpiece" not being well liked by many. I can imagine them being really mad right now at the rest of us not for not understanding the half-assed exposition and poorly developed plot of this unbelievable piece of shit.

They're probably thinking now: "We're just way too smart for the rest of the world. That's why we can appreciate it". Just out of pity, I will admit Nagai put a lot of effort this time. You can see he was trying to do something great again. I really wanted to like this, there's a lot of interesting ideas and concepts. But the execution is your typical Nagai bullshit. It's poorly written, not very well planned and the story flows as subtle as a brick. Maybe the novels did a better job at it and I sure hope they did.
>>
>>14808025
>I can imagine them being really mad right now at the rest of us not for not understanding the half-assed exposition and poorly developed plot of this unbelievable piece of shit.
Why would I be mad that someone doesn't like Nagai? How old are you kiddo? It's relevant, because Go Nagai manga was always hated from the very beginnings since Harenchi Gakuen. I personally think Violence Jack is great for many reasons, but american sjw critics and anime fags disagree. This has gone on since the 90s and it's not a recent development.

>not very well planned
Correct. Go Nagai doesn't plan his stories. He writes his mind. If that wasn't clear to you the first time, then I'm telling it to you right now. Devilman wasn't planned either. Nothing he does is planned, because that is his style, but just because it's not well planned, doesn't mean it's not entertaining. You do realise that yes, us, Nagai fags are into his works for that particular reason?
>and the story flows as subtle as a brick.
Oh wow. A Go Nagai manga isn't subtle? Colour me surprised. You think all of us here would be reading Nagai if he was subtle?
>But the execution is your typical Nagai bullshit.
Correct. Susano Oh is typical Nagai bs. What did you expect, someone else's execution? That's retarded.
>being insecure about their lousy "masterpiece" not being well liked by many.
A guy who practically draws rape every page isn't liked? Wow. great revelation here. You don't have to like Susano Oh, who gives a shit, but don't pretend that you tried to like it. Just admit that you were here to shitpost in the first place, since OP basically asked for it. I also don't think you actually read a lot of go nagai manga, because the plot development was exactly the same as any of his other sci fi and mystical bs manga like Shuten Douji. So yeah, spare me of the counter-fanboyism bullshit.

Also, if you actually want to critique Susano Oh, please do so without throwing in empty meaningless buzzwords.
>>
>>14808025
You posting the same thing multiple times =/= multiple people
>>
>>14808025
>We're just way too smart for the rest of the world. That's why we can appreciate it
Corrrect, but I only think that way because I'm way past the anime / manga phase of the early 2000s. I had basically stopped consuming all forms of Japanese media till I found out about Nagai. I regret of not finding about him sooner. Nagai offered a freeform kind of storytelling and ideas free of any kind of conventions and rules, which I enjoy and respect.

If you're still in that phase, then you'll probably enjoy regular trendy stuff like One Piece and Attack of Titan and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

Many people browse /m/ and think Nagai is for the regular guy, like Gundam. They're wrong. If someone wants to get into Nagai, he would do his research like I did, and not read what people are saying on 4chan.
>>
>>14808489
Hey, if it works for you, great. I can guarantee you I have read almost everything Nagai to have ever been released. And more, since my country got more Nagai manga than any other in the world except for Japan. I keep stubbornly coming back to him because I used to be a Nagai fanboy back in high school and still had hopes Susanoo would be able to impress me. I think sometimes he gets close of doing something great, but then he fails pretty badly in so many levels it's distracting.

This shit got an award back in the day so I expected it to be something else instead of Nagai trying hard again. I hate Shutendoji and I said that several times. I hate Nagai even more when he's really trying to do something good but then come out as yet another half-assed effort of his. I'm a lot more partial when he's not even giving a fuck like Mazinger Z or Cutie Honey. Susanoo out of nowhere come up with a bunch of plot points and characters with no clear build up, no reason to care, nothing substantial except for huge, boring monologues. I appreciate the effort, but no, I can't take this anymore. I'm done with Nagai and if that bothers you, it's your problem.
>>
>>14808593
>If you're still in that phase, then you'll probably enjoy regular trendy stuff like One Piece and Attack of Titan and no, I'm not being sarcastic.

No man, you couldn't possibly be more wrong. I couldn't care less for modern japanese media. Even the beloved 80s I found painfully mediocre with a few remarkable exceptions. I was in the same phase as you in almost an decade ago. Maybe you will outgrow it one day, maybe not. Nagai was in the same level as any post-war manga artist from the generation he grew up with. He got famous for his shocking style which set the tone for the rest of his career. But these days I just find it terribly childish. And he never truly evolved after all these years. If you like it so much now, enjoy while you can, I guess.
>>
>>14808616
Oh so you're the famous Italian Spic. I'm not surprised.

>I keep stubbornly coming back to him because I used to be a Nagai fanboy
Be more specific. You used to be a Toei fanboy. I don't give a shit about Grendizer FYI.

>I'm done with Nagai and if that bothers you, it's your problem.
Oh isn't that nice? You're now claiming it's my problem if you don't like Nagai? Wow, entitled much?

No Mario. It's YOUR problem. Don't try to put that shit on me you fucker.
>>
>>14808652
>Oh so you're the famous Italian Spic. I'm not surprised.

I was not really trying to hidden that fact, you know. I never did.

>No Mario. It's YOUR problem. Don't try to put that shit on me you fucker.

>Why would I be mad that someone doesn't like Nagai? How old are you kiddo?

Sure you're keeping your composure, huh?

>You used to be a Toei fanboy.

I never cared for Toei anime. And I repeated this several times. And I believe Shin Mazinger to be the only good Mazinger anime.

>Oh isn't that nice? You're now claiming it's my problem if you don't like Nagai? Wow, entitled much?

Yes, it's your problem. Barely anyone read the manga you're trying to discuss. Well, I did and I didn't liked it. Next time try something like "Anyone read Susanoo and enjoyed it?". Then I would not bother.
>>
>>14808648
>Maybe you will outgrow it one day
You first. I've already outgrown everything. I've outgrown movies, tv series, manga and anime.
I've even actually outgrown Go Nagai stories (I can do without Susano Oh, but without your retarded nonsensical rambling), but I haven't outgrown some of his ideas, because who the fuck would unless you're a moron still living in the past?

Nagai ideas are in complete opposition to Christianity. Protip: Christianity is dying. Nagai's brand of progressive women is correct, and anti sjw. This is very relevant for young people voting in the upcoming American elections.
>>
>>14808616
>>14808616
Are you the same shitposter from the leiji threads? Get a trip code.

The entire story had been building up since vol1. With the rape and psychic groups.
>>
>>14808695
>And I believe Shin Mazinger to be the only good Mazinger anime.
So you admit your opinion is in the minority then? Good, but don't try to pass your opinion as the majority by samefagging like you did earlier. As far as I know, Shin Mazinger was a failure of epic proportions so you admitting liking it, is also admitting what you said about Susano Oh is just your own personal failings.

>Yes, it's your problem. Barely anyone read the manga you're trying to discuss.
>Next time try something like "Anyone read Susanoo and enjoyed it?".
That's fucking rich coming from someone who started discussing the manga first, by posting nonsensical ramblings about it. PRO TIP: I didn't make this thread. I didn't even post anything till you did.

>Sure you're keeping your composure, huh?
Nope, I'm ditching it especially since it's clear that you're the perpetrator. You're also Italian so it's hard for me to take you seriously. Nothing good comes out of Italians.
>>
>>14808701
Or maybe you're just seeing things that are not really there. Maybe you're subconsciously assuming all this from reading Nagai because it's what you really want to believe or whatever. It's so vague you can assume pretty much anything from it. Or maybe you're just trolling me now. Who knows?
>>
>>14808716
No. He's another guy who sometimes mimics my style.
>>
>>14808744
>Or maybe you're just seeing things that are not really there. Maybe you're subconsciously assuming all this from reading Nagai because it's what you really want to believe or whatever. It's so vague you can assume pretty much anything from it.
Correct. Only retards follow some guy's ideas to the letter.I just appropriated some of Nagai's into my own personal belief system.
>>
>>14808734
> I didn't make this thread. I didn't even post anything till you did.

Well, my bad if that's really the case. Still, I remember mentioning 2 delusional fanboys.

>You're also Italian so it's hard for me to take you seriously. Nothing good comes out of Italians.

There's some truth to that considering we had Dante Alighieri. And he's the major inspiration to Go Nagai. Yeah, really nothing good comes out of italians.
>>
>>14808766
>There's some truth to that considering we had Dante Alighieri. And he's the major inspiration to Go Nagai.
Correct. Nothing ever good comes out of Italians. So even if Nagai was inspired by Dante, he didn't share his ideas.
He re-appropriated Dante's beliefs to mean the exact opposite.
>>
>>14808786
Dante's belief was making retarded fanfics of his magic bible land adventures.
Might as well have been Chris-Chan
>>
>>14808792
And Nagai took his retarded fanfics and turned it in a crusade against the bible
>>
Also let me just say that Getter Robo also opened my eyes to the blacks and hispanics. Schwartz warmed up to the nips, but he never did for the former.

So this upcoming election, I feel it's my duty to support Trump.
>>
>>14808797
so Asperchu?
>>
>>14804401
Nope
>>
>>14808792
>magic bible land adventures
Nice argument.
>>
>>14807758
Which is?
>>
>>14808766
>delusional fanboys
Even if you mention positives and negatives, the people here always throw a fit and dissect every word you say, and only see the negatives. Can't take criticism. Even a little.

>>14808701
One thing I don't like about Nagai is that he can't write characters very well or get into them at all. He has ideas and all that which are good, but it's in the execution where he fails half the time.

Take this manga for example. He just plains fucks it during and after volume 1.
>>
>>14811994
>but it's in the execution where he fails half the time.
Some people like his execution style. I know the guy who did the Yakuza Weapon movie loved the shit ouf Nagai's Shuten Douji, because he thought how it began and how it ended are totally unrelated. That's what appealed to him.

But enough about execution, like I said, I'm not interested in Go Nagai stories anymore. I'm way more interested as to what his ideas actually are. He's ferociously anti-censorship, and this is praiseworthy.
>>
File: feature_image_1b.jpg (96KB, 480x390px) Image search: [Google]
feature_image_1b.jpg
96KB, 480x390px
>>14811994
>they can't take criticism
>Nagai can't write characters very well or get into them at all
Statements akin to "the art is bad" or "this guy can't write" do not qualify as legitimate discussion. You seem to have confused posting your negative opinions as a substitute for actual discussion. This is why they are considered troll posts.
If you wanted toreally discuss the subject in question, talking about details of the story rather than your generic "I like this" or "I don't like this" statements, then people would respond normally to you.

Here's an example.
Bad post
>Shin Mazinger is shit. Imagawa is a hack.
Good post
>I dislike how Shin Mazinger focused primarily on the Kurogane household for much of the series, which were essentially Imagawa's insert characters
One will get you called a troll, the other will generate discussion. The power is yours!
>>
Why do all my threads get detailed by the same dudes
>>
>>14812023
Because of the size of the English fanbase. Start shit and you're already the most famous shitposter around these parts.

Just check the IP count. There's only like 20 Nagai fans on /m/ at any time.
>>
>>14812023
Because it's always the same dudes posting on them and the rest of us just don't care.
>>
>>14811514
Not liking what I like.
>>
>>14812351
Explain
>>
>>14812351
xpearse: too focused on on what's good as opposed to what's entertaining , also acts like a 10 years old when things don't go his way
diebuster: same problem. too hung up on the art, and don't consider the entertainment value. also likes to cherrypick.
mario: doesn't like nagai but feel compelled to shitpost anyway
>>
>>14813615
Sounds like you just don't like them
>>
>>14815093
these people have real problems, so it's not just a case of me not liking them.

xpearse has the mental capacity of a 10 years old kid, literally.
>>
>>14815093
Personally I think his post was too nice.
>>
>>14815129
Yeah, real problems. Like not liking what you like. I do agree about diebuster, though.
>>
>>14815129
And you aren't acting any better.

>>14815136
So we should all fling shit?
>>
>>14808695
Burn in hell you faggot Tally Wop
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.