[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SRWE Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 35

Hello again.

This is a thread to announce two things.

1. SRWE's website, eternitychan, is back up at its old url. It's both a website that contains all content relating to SRWE and also an imageboard that was made for /m/ to use.

>srw.eternitychan.org

2. SRWE is still alive. They're working on getting more demos out, but they're in need of some assistance with art and music assets.

If you'd like to know more, or help out, check out the next post.

This is not a meta thread. This is an SRWE thread. Please stay relevant.
>>
File: These-things-exist-too.png (460KB, 1088x806px) Image search: [Google]
These-things-exist-too.png
460KB, 1088x806px
1. What is SRWE?

It's an SRW fangame. You can check out two playable demos on the site's download section, if you'd like to learn more.

The idea was to blend different game systems into one base that people could use. There's already a tool to create your own SRW, known as SRC, but it's entirely in Japanese and contains some very dated functions and bizarre bits of Japanese coding. SRWE's Eternity Engine intends to be more straightforward and easier to use for non-Japanese speakers.

2. How can I help?

Currently, SRWE needs the following

>Artists: Portrait artists, sprite artists, and interface designers.
>Music: Anyone who can work with midi and remix it into a full tune.
>Website: Someone who's familiar with wakaba, or imageboard scripts/plugins/code/whatever and is willing to help to maintain or update the site at monthly intervals.

If you're interested in helping out on the game please send an e-mail to
>[email protected]
This will get you in touch with Finlander, who manages all aspects of the game's creation at this point.

If you're interested in helping out on the website please send an e-mail to
>[email protected]
This will get you in touch with me, as I'm the one in charge of the website.

You can also join #SRWEternity on Rizon if you prefer IRC over e-mails, as both Finlander and I hang out there.

3. I thought you quit working on SRWE?

I did, I'm just helping out since Finlander is actually busy putting the game together.

With all of that out of the way, I would like to point out that I can't answer any questions on the game's current development since I'm no longer involved. Finlander, however, will be observing and getting back to you with answers as soon as he can.

Thank you for your patience and participation.
>>
File: Ace Pilots.png (229KB, 490x1966px) Image search: [Google]
Ace Pilots.png
229KB, 490x1966px
>>
The sound... of silence
>>
File: prototypical.png (64KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
prototypical.png
64KB, 656x518px
As a word of warning VF-kun totally caught me with my pants down and made this thread without telling me so I didn't have the opportunity to do any sort of preparation for this.

The e-mail in here
>>14800643
Is unusable right now, so if you sent anything to that I won't have been able to read it.

Although the last update on the website was over a year ago, we've been having steady progress on the engine and editor. Recently, we managed to complete the basic version of the intermission screen, and currently we're working on improving the way we keep track of units.

If anyone has questions about the editor or anything else, now would be a good time, I guess?
>>
>>14800628
Hey the protagonist of the Gundam RPG, that's a pretty cool inclusion.
>>
File: SRWE FINAL CAST LIST.png (626KB, 1000x882px) Image search: [Google]
SRWE FINAL CAST LIST.png
626KB, 1000x882px
>>14802836
It's a pretty nifty cast list.

As a note, each route is a separate, short game.
>>
>>14802831
How many sprites is it meant to handle?
Can it do pallet swaps?
>>
File: Check Checkit.webm (206KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Check Checkit.webm
206KB, 640x480px
>>14802961
It's designed to handle enough sprites for UX-style animation.

No palette swaps, though.
>>
Etrangers of time and space

Come, and gather, in this Sabbath of metal and void.
>>
File: 5s41df.jpg (52KB, 354x500px) Image search: [Google]
5s41df.jpg
52KB, 354x500px
>>14803404
>Etrangers of time
Possibly my favorite semi-/m/ related anime movie out there
>>
>>14802845
i wish someone would put yukikaze in there too
>>
>>14802845
A or C, which to choose.
>>
File: main.png (46KB, 774x598px) Image search: [Google]
main.png
46KB, 774x598px
I guess I could talk some about the editor.

The way our systems are set up, you have a separate editor for units, pilots, dialogue, maps, and so on, the main editor here functioning as a hub for accessing each.
>>
File: map1.png (205KB, 1979x752px) Image search: [Google]
map1.png
205KB, 1979x752px
>>14803452
The map editor looks like this. You get the basic functionality on the left side, I think.
On the right side is the map scripting: Basically, stuff like "when the game reaches turn so and so" or "if unit so and so is destroyed," do this or that.
>>
File: unit.png (50KB, 750x529px) Image search: [Google]
unit.png
50KB, 750x529px
>>14803460
Here's the unit editor. Again, pretty basic stuff.
>>
File: pilots.png (90KB, 1464x572px) Image search: [Google]
pilots.png
90KB, 1464x572px
>>14803483
The pilot editor looks like this.
You can set the stats for each individual level if you're a crazy person, or set level 1, set the stats for the levels in between that you want, and let the editor fill the blanks in.
>>
File: Attacks.png (51KB, 923x454px) Image search: [Google]
Attacks.png
51KB, 923x454px
>>14803483
The attack editor looks like this.

At the top right there, you can add up to four NEO/OE-style weapon attributes to a weapon.
>>
>>14803490
Can you make weapon attributes? Add something like time delayed damage like Fist of the North Star or something?
>>
>>14800643
Old man, whatever happened to OutQuest?

Good to see SRWE is still going
>>
File: attack attribute editor.png (50KB, 1036x417px) Image search: [Google]
attack attribute editor.png
50KB, 1036x417px
>>14803561
You can make weapon attributes, yeah. Pilot skills, spirit commands, unit abilities, parts and weapon attributes share a similar editor.

Not sure if something like time-delayed damage is possible, though, sorry.
>>
The Dream still lives on
>>
>>14802845
>each route is a separate, short game
>all implicitly set one after another along the same timeline
So how much of the Getter Robo Saga will you be using? Or are you just gonna try to cram everything from the original to Go (or maybe Arc) into Route A, timeskips and all?

Also, when will that image be updated with the un-redacted series?
>>
>>14803837
Route A goes up to the end of G, but the overall story goes further than that.
>>
>>14802845
So what is that series in the middle?

I know A was Jeeg, C was Megas XLR, D was MD Geist, and you lied at least once about all the hidden series, but what's the middle one?

>>14803452
>>14803460
>>14803483
>>14803486
>>14803490
>>14803612
Seems simple enough.
>>
>>14803936
B's is Metal Gear vanilla or Solid, iirc.
>>
>>14804113
I... oh, I guess I didn't point that out. Yeah, B's MGS.

But I mean in the image in >>14802845 there's a series in the middle of the page. What is it?
>>
>>14804211
It's going to be goddamned Chargeman Ken, isn't it
>>
>>14804440
It's not Chargeman Ken.

That being said, Chargeman Ken's gonna have some representation.
>>
>>14804455
Just reveal it, Finny.

You and I both know that the Secret Route Series didn't help maintain conversation and this secret won't do any better in that regard.
So do it.
Tell me.
Whisper it in my ear.
Gimme that Finnish ASMR.
>>
>>14803897
So when do Shin, Go, and onward happen? Is Hien gonna turn up, or will you just skip to Arc?
>>
>>14805399
What do you mean when? In SRW E2 ofcourse

And i have it in good knowledge that Getter emoeror is the final Secret route boss in E3
>>
>>14804455
The editor looks rather cozy.
How much programing skill would I need to create a game in it? I mean rpg maker? Game maker?

How about the sprites? Can I just animate entire attack sequence or would I need to animate them separately from parts, each arm and leg at a time, like in the example above? Sorry for lack of coherent thought in writing I'm posting from mobile
>>
>>14806036
>not even Finlander
Seems legit.
>>
>>14806074
The editor's around the RPG Maker level of complexity, I'd say.

The animation editor works kinda like Flash, but without the ability to draw by hand: It's entirely symbol- and tween-based. If you want to draw by hand, you'd have to draw each frame separately and import each frame as its own image.
>>
>>14807015
>you'd have to draw each frame separately and import each frame as its own image.

If I understood that correctly, then it seems workable.
Using something like GraphicsGale to animate the sprite and it's attack over what the entire ingame field of view will be. With that done import it over to ingame editor and just place the position of enemy etc.
If something like that is possible I could see how to do even things like the Twin Lord's attack from J https://youtu.be/cGBZUJIWPTM?t=1m25s

I don't have even the time to consider trying doing something like this right now. But Fuck me I'm HYPE for the posibility.

So when do you release the tool to the public?
>>
>>14807186
>So when do you release the tool to the public?
When the editor and the actual game engine are in a state in which you can make a complete game.

Not gonna lie, it's still gonna be a while.
>>
File: eternity chan.png (16KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
eternity chan.png
16KB, 1000x1000px
>>14807211
I can wait.

In other questions, when and what about is the third demo?
>>
>>14807222
>when
Sometime this year.

>what about
It's the first stage of Route B. If we're lucky, there might be another stage, as well.

The delay's less about content and more about just making sure everything's functional. Every time we add a feature (like support attacking/defending, game saves, upgrades and pilot customization) things tend to break a bit, and we only have one coder on both the engine and the editor.
>>
File: tfwnogf.png (57KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
tfwnogf.png
57KB, 300x300px
>>14807238
>Route B
>tfw haven't played or seen any of this, except demo for original Armored Core, and the Ace Combat 2 on psx, years ago.
Still remember the GOD Tier music https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IneieLDIdB0

And as for the project, I'm just really glad that its still alive.
>>
Oh yeah, speaking of demos: The second demo had a lot of characters from both Route C and D mixed together. Is that representative of an actual stage at some point?
>>
>>14807357
Excuse me, sir.

Sir.

Excuse me.

Please back away from the Finlander.

He will sign your autographs if you're willing to stand in line.

Sir I am equipped to disable, but I will use force if I have to.
>>
File: 1287225258691.png (70KB, 603x589px) Image search: [Google]
1287225258691.png
70KB, 603x589px
>>14807357
>>14807690
Best be carefull. He looks dangerous.
>>
File: 1463690899812.gif (802KB, 300x208px) Image search: [Google]
1463690899812.gif
802KB, 300x208px
>>14807238
>Sometime this year.
Reasonable hype
>>
>>14808032
That's from the footage where some parrot is fucking a guys head during the shooting of a nature documentary right? And he just has to sit there and take it?
>>
File: Biker V4.png (433KB, 502x1957px) Image search: [Google]
Biker V4.png
433KB, 502x1957px
>>
File: 1468763691118.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468763691118.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
It feels good to know this still is happening. Guess the second demo went live when I was away.

Great work guys.
>>
>>14808380
Thanks
>>
Finlander is cool.
>>
The engine is still gonna be open source, right?
>>
>>14810775
That's the plan, yeah.
We're also doing some stuff with Roslyn for coding new skill effects and other stuff, too.
>>
>>14810785
Any consideration for equippable attacks like the GBA OG's games?
>>
>>14811858
It should be doable, since units and attacks are separate, but it's not exactly a priority right now.
No idea how to design a UI for it or how to pull off animations with that system, either.
>>
>>14813928
I considered the prospect of equippable weapons myself too.
Personally I think the best way to do it is to make weapons take up a regular equipment slot and give them really simple attack animations where the user is static, like in the SNES or early GBA games.
>>
>All these SRWE questions
>No one offering to help with updating eternitychan so we can offer a better alternative board for people.

At the very least I want a harumph out of you.
>>
>>14817838
Old man, how many of us do you actually think know how to do web design.
>>
>>14818111
You're all sexy talented web designing programmers who can paint masterpieces, compose amazing tunes, and lift lots of weights all day every day.

At least that's how I imagine all of you.
>>
>>14818160
I am legit sorry VF but aside from weight lifting my forte is writing I cant paint or compose...........yet
>>
Incidentally, if anyone has any ideas for how to make this UI prettier I'm all ears
>>
File: 1394511226237.jpg (71KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1394511226237.jpg
71KB, 620x349px
>>14820162
How about making the borders of textboxes chrome metalic with curved edges like pic related?
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (102KB, 504x182px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
102KB, 504x182px
>>14820162
This is just my opinion, but I think that dark blue look better for UI. Then again, I have no idea how detailed you can get with this engine.
>>
Are there Fafner?
>>
>>14820162
>>14820583
I strongly agree with rounded corners.
>>
How is outquest coming?
>>
>>14820583
>>14821528
We'll experiment with that.

>>14820711
A dark blue color scheme is easy, but a pattern like that is kinda impossible with the setup we've got going on.

The way our UI works right now is that we have two image files: A border, and something to fill it with. We draw a box using the border, and then stretch out the fill image, in this case the green that you see there, to fill it.

The reason we do it this way is mostly for flexibility: As you might remember, we used to have an entirely different, prettier UI, but we had to scrap it just because it was made with the first demo in mind before we added stuff like weapon attributes. This way, we can easily make more menus as we need.
>>
>>14820837
The series list is there already, you can see for yourself.
>>
Glad to see this is not dead.

I am making my own SRW game.
It is based off the Neo and OE engine.

I have a technical question

How did you do the Enemy AI?
My AI is dumb all they do us move at random. So far they don't even attack.

Could you tell me a algorithm please.

how do you Balance the units?

As for the cast list we are both using MSG sega.

How are you handling the plot?

For mine the OYW caused the events of the game Zeta and ZZ did not happen. Amuro helps Neo-Zeon with Char. Neo-Zeon are good guys early game until Char decides to drop the rock on earth in the end game.

Intermission looks good. What is parts and equipment.
>>
>>14822367
>How did you do the Enemy AI?
>My AI is dumb all they do us move at random. So far they don't even attack.
Anon just have them move into range of the strongest attack they have and use that. It shouldn't be too hard to do that.
>>
>>14822367
>How did you do the Enemy AI?
>My AI is dumb all they do us move at random. So far they don't even attack.
I'll have to ask our coder the next time I see him, since this isn't exactly my area of expertise.

>how do you Balance the units?
If you mean statwise, I just pick a game to base my stats off of, study them, and then I make the actual stats, then test them, then fine-tune them until they're good.

I've been using Z1-style numbers so far, but I've recently been doing some experimentation with stats in the style of other games.

>As for the cast list we are both using MSG sega.
Oh no, we're not using Mobile Suit Gundam. We're using MS Saga: A New Dawn, that RPG for the PS2. The plot's kinda like Gundam X, except a bit dumb and with UC mobile suits. it's great.

>Intermission looks good. What is parts and equipment.
Unit parts are the usual Boosters and Megaboosters and whatever. Unit Equipment is for unit frames, like Gundam -> Full Armor Gundam.
>>
>>14822367
For the AI I used a tweaked A* for pathfinding
I stole the code from somewhere I can't remember and did a demo there: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4195829/A%20Star.7z
Actual code from the game is: http://pastebin.com/snQnmDb2
Sadly the entire AI code is a mess I never managed to fix. It's split into 3 parts, Player AI, Squad AI and Unit AI.
Player AI move the unit on the map and choose who to attack.
Squad AI is the default behavior the squad use when attacking or defending(default weapon, default attack pattern).
Unit AI is what the unit do inside the attack/defend menu, such as changing weapons and stuff, right now it only press attack.
Each of those 3 can be replaced to change how the AI work of just make it controlled by the player.
And you made me realize I really need better names for those.
>>
>>14823214
>The plot's kinda like Gundam X, except a bit dumb and with UC mobile suits.

GOUFDOM

MELEE "GUNDAM"
>>
Oy.

You let this thread slide off and I start murdering everyone.
>>
About the Map Editor.

Will it be possible to use a PNG or JPG as the Map as opposed to the tile editor?
>>
>>14826722
Fine fine. I'll bump too, only because you asked so nicely.
>>
>>14827516
Oh yeah, good question. I wanna do that thing where the boss is so big it's in the background image.
>>
>>14827516
You can set a foreground or background image and then just add transparent tiles on top of it. Similar to the way you'd do that in RPG Maker.
>>
>>14827624
How about animated backgrounds?
>>
>>14827734
Not in the books, sorry.

Not completely impossible or anything, but just a very low priority.
>>
So what was your final verdict on the Targeting stat?
And also what about th
>>
>>14828561
Did you get kidnapped by Candlej
>>
>>14829321
Oh man, I haven't seen that meme in fucking AG
>>
>>14822330
That's some disappointing list...
>>
File: Ryusuke or Kyosei.png (395KB, 1251x707px) Image search: [Google]
Ryusuke or Kyosei.png
395KB, 1251x707px
>>14829443
How about one where half of it are literally whos
>>
>>14829514
Damn son route B looks rad.
>>
>>14827734
There's already something to handle animations, adding an animation as background would be pretty easy but you'd need to consider the map size.
If the background is smaller than the map and is not aligned it's going to look weird.
I'd need to add something to change the position of the background too and I'm kind of running out of space in the GUI to add that.
Will keep it in mind though, whenever I have an idea and free time I'll add it
>>
File: Top shonji.png (119KB, 306x273px) Image search: [Google]
Top shonji.png
119KB, 306x273px
early bump, because I don't wanna die as per>>14826722
>>
>>14830145
I was just wondering, but I wouldn't make it a priority or anything. Thanks for the consideration, though. For what it's worth, I always thought you were most handsome person working on SRWE.
>>
>>14830841
It's so nice of you to listen.
>>
Bump because I want more people to see this
>>
Let's take a little quiz.

What features would you, specifically, want to see in an SRW game editor?
>>
>>14832660
No seriously, how is outquest coming. The twitter account hasn't updated for months.
>>
>>14837026
yeah what's the latest in robot games disguised as gay tourism
>>
>>14836985
All the features you've mentioned are the ones I'd want. Do your battle backgrounds have the ability for parallax scrolling?
>>
>>14836985
Custom special effects, escape units, and templates?
>>
>>14837170
Templates would be nice, actually.
>>
>>14837105
>Do your battle backgrounds have the ability for parallax scrolling?
We made a huge battle background editor specifically so that we can have parallax scrolling, yes.

>>14837170
>Custom special effects
If you mean for spirit commands and skills, we've got an editor for just that:
>>14803612

We're also experimenting with some stuff so you can code your own skill effects, but that's all very experimental at this point.

>escape units
You mean stuff like the Core Fighters, Pilders and the Re-GZ with its mobile suit inside a jet-setup, right?
That's in the books, yeah.

>templates
If you mean templates for skills and other stuff, then don't worry, we'll have those. Probably based on SRWE itself.
>>
>>14837026
>>14837058
I don't have the money to continue it.

so I'm saving up and waiting.
>>
http://simchamber.net

Say what you will about these guys, but there's gotta be something worth appropriating from their game mechanics, right?
>>
>>14837628
Simchamber is great, but they've kinda distanced from SRW stats and mechanics.
>>
>>14837628
I have no idea what this is.

Do you have any specific mechanics in mind?
>>
You need to pixelize those portraits a bit. They look too jarring when they're so much sharper than the models.
>>
>>14836985
Something impossible, but a scenario generator that just takes random game assets and makes random bullshit with them.

Something like an army of Kouji Kabutos piloting scopedogs while your team of one off mooks fight them off.

On a more realistic note. A squad system.
>>
>>14837775
It'd be cool to have like... a seed generator where it makes a map with some mook enemies and a boss, and you have a group of random pilots and robots that you choose from to field.

But that's all way too complex for a basic editor.
>>
File: in action.png (85KB, 656x518px) Image search: [Google]
in action.png
85KB, 656x518px
>>14837775
>Something impossible, but a scenario generator that just takes random game assets and makes random bullshit with them.
>Something like an army of Kouji Kabutos piloting scopedogs while your team of one off mooks fight them off.
Like the other guy says, this is just way too complex and beyond the scope of the project, sorry.

I'd really like to see some way to replicate Super Robot Dungeon, though.

>On a more realistic note. A squad system.
We've got one of these, yeah, works kinda like a three man version of Z3's system. Check out the second demo for more details.

www.mediafire.com/file/99a047sfg7wanmk/SRW+Eternity+-+Crisis%21+Man+VS+AI%21.rar
>>
Since you didn't answer in the other thread before - do you need Midis for the music?

Because I'm going to have to go through some shit if so.
>>
>>14837791
>way too complex and beyond the scope of the project

If people figured out a way to script a roguelike in fucking SRC (which came out between F and F Final, remember), I'm sure some madman will figure out a way to make a random scenario generator in SRWE. The resulting code might cause SAN loss in anyone foolish enough to try to decipher it, but that's besides the point.
>>
>>14837970
With coding, you should think of it less as Sanity lost and more as Insight gained.
>>
So, about how the game's calculations and what not work. How are they relative to the games in the franchise?

For instance, if I wanted to make UX with this editor, and I went through and just migrated all of the numeric values in UX (both Unit stats and Weapon stats), what differences should I expect from the recreated UX and the original UX? Would it be a 1:1 migration? Would it ultimately be different but still playable?

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I know you're using Z(?) as a basis, but would using W or BX numbers as a basis render any problems?
>>
>>14837874
>do you need Midis for the music?
I'm fairly certain the program can use mp3s - look at the demos.

When they say they need midis, I think they mean it from the game part content since they need MIDI music to create instrumental versions of OP songs from
>>
>>14838281
Looking in the files from the demo, it looks like everything (midi's included) are MP3 files
having to make midi's is probably more about keeping one sound for the whole game instead of feeling like a patchwork of songs
It might also have to do with more than half of these series never being in an SRW before, or you could just lift whatever OST and use it
>>
>>14837734
Well, besides multi-hit attacks, I was thinking maybe some of those Variable weapons where you can increase its attack power by paying the resource cost more than once. Then again, that Kitaro-flavored SRW clone on the PS2 ( >>14838057 ) has the same thing, so you could just crib from that instead.
>>
>>14837982
Not him, but spoken like a true Mad Arab, prophet of Ginguiser
>>
>>14838798
>>14837734
>>14837628

Ah simchamber, I found it when it started to die. Now it's more dead than eternitychan
Never joined, especially since the "gameplay" in that edition seemed to amount to filling tax forms.
I looked around through mechanicsthinking that maybe if simplified it could be useful for something else
They had few nice things like the variable attacks in few flavours. like "v"-type that irc increases both accuracy and strength but cost more energy, the "x"-type that increases power at the expense of accuracy (mainly used for funnel type attacks") and "s"type where you can divide attack between two or more enemies/spaces. Even more fun is that you can join two together to form more varieties.

I think that in SRW-type game it would be nice to give player a choice of how much resources he uses, as well as allowing for a bit of gamble.
>>
>>14839304
>Now it's more dead than eternitychan
THAT WHICH CANNOT BE KILLED
EVEN THOUGH THEY MAY TRY
DEATH WILL DIE BEFORE ETERNITYCHAN DOES

WE'VE EVEN GOT A REGULAR GROUP WATCH GOING ON EVERY SATURDAY (INCLUDING TONIGHT)

YOU BETTER SHOW UP

OR I'LL KICK YOUR ASS.

http://eternitychan.org/general/res/5642.html
>>
>>14839304
well,I realized I could just post what they themselves wrote on that.
It seems they reworked their mechanics since the the last time i was there. Not that it helped them.

http://simchamber.net/index.php?/topic/7917-chapter-3-annex-a/

Also, In other things I'd like to see in SRWE - "granade"-type weapons that you target at a square, and then it attacks everything in a radius from that square.
>>
>>14839317
>Also, In other things I'd like to see in SRWE - "granade"-type weapons that you target at a square, and then it attacks everything in a radius from that square.

Yes, we call those MAPWs.
>>
>>14839574
They've had targeted radial MAPWs since GP03's Micro Missile back in SRW3, haven't they?
>>
>>14836985
Tsume Suparobo
>>
This game will support VR, right?
>>
File: map attacks.png (26KB, 632x396px) Image search: [Google]
map attacks.png
26KB, 632x396px
>>14837874
We use MP3s.

If we want SRW-style songs, though, we need to

>>14838036
For what it's worth, W and UX's numbers are pretty close to Z1's, so I wouldn't be too worried.

That being said, customizable calculations is a feature I'd like to see, although whether or not that's practical is another thing entirely.

>>14839317
We have that type of MAP weapon, yeah. There's one in the second demo.

>>14842778
Of course.
You'll be able to craft zombies alongside all your favorite SRWE characters, with deep moral choices.
>>
>>14844729
>You'll be able to craft zombies alongside all your favorite SRWE characters, with deep moral choices.

what

Anyway, another idea: weapon unlocks, like in F/F Final or 64. They'd probably work better with all-at-once weapon upgrades, actually, since you wouldn't have to burn more money to make them worth using.
>>
File: alphonsu scale.png (9KB, 209x143px) Image search: [Google]
alphonsu scale.png
9KB, 209x143px
Sent an email about doing spritework.

Even though I'm supposed to be doing something for the Mechamon guys but I've spent the last several hours lurking across 4chan instead.
>>
>>14846752
You mean like the "Upgrade Fin Funnels to max, get a MAP version for free" gimmick?

The way weapons currently work, it's not really possible to add a weapon to a robot and still expect stuff like animations to work.

Maybe a thing that replaces a unit with another unit with the unlocked attack when you hit max upgrades? Could also be used for stuff like having your TV Wing units upgrade to their EW counterparts in 64.
>>
>>14846923
Oh, and I guess this happened while I was writing a response.

Sent you mail back, hope you get it.
>>
Was this a bad suggestion? >>14837745
Has nobody really ever brought it up? It's not like I'm asking you to include Govarian or Supercar.
>>
>>14847059
You don't "pixelize" something. It'd have to be redrawn completely.
>>
>>14847059
>Supercar
oh holy shit Supermarionationwars when
>>
>>14847059
>Was this a bad suggestion?

Yes. The rest of the UI is HD (relatively speaking) and the portrait sits within it. It'd be even more jarring to have the pixelated portrait within the HD Literally Everything Else.

The sprite is the outlier, not the portrait. Changing the portrait would just make matters worse.

ALSO
Finlander, I understand your current technical issues with the UI, but will we, when we have the release, have the same limitations, or will we have the ability to just import an already made UI?
>>
>>14847059
I probably just missed it.

Like this guy says
>>14847361
The issue is that basically everything except for the unit sprite is in 640x480, while the sprite is at half that resolution.
The reason being that we used to have giant sprites, then those proved to be completely unfeasible, so we had to go for a much smaller size. After we went from DS-style sprites to the huge ones because of some plan to use 3D models as a base that ended up going nowhere for a while.

We could just redo the rest of the art assets, but at this point I really, REALLY don't want to have to do that.

>>14847361
Define "already made UI" and we might have a feature on our hands.
>>
>>14847454
>Define "already made UI" and we might have a feature on our hands.

Well, as you describe it, the current method is to have a box drawn using a border and filling said box with the green gradient.

I suppose the first thing to ask would be whether this done inside Eternity's editor or outside (by means of Photoshop, Illustrator, or whatever).
>>
>>14847475
It's not done in the editor, or with picture-editing software, it's done in-engine.

Since it's done in-engine, though, I guess that means it should be possible to edit it, as well. I'm gonna have to ask the coder about it.
>>
>>14847499
Well, if it's done in engine, would it possible to import a "box" into the game.

Like, let's say I wanted to use this >>14820711 as the "box" for the HP, EN, Armor, etcetera "box." Would it be impossible to just import that in?

That is, I'm asking if it can be done or is planned to be done. If it is neither, don't bother making it a priority or anything. I'm just curious.
>>
File: mechaburger.png (133KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
mechaburger.png
133KB, 500x400px
>>14846923
s'aright, whatever keeps your sprite hand busy
>>
>>14837628
Simchamber's combat revolves around resource attrition to win. Dodging is a finite resource last I checked, and some weapons actually eat from your dodging resource pool.
>>
>>14837791
Hmm, what would be a good way to make the map tiles look less like they crawled out from 1998? How does SRW UX or the Z series render map tiles?
>>
File: SRW-Z3.1-Map.jpg (240KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
SRW-Z3.1-Map.jpg
240KB, 1024x576px
>>14848865
The colour choices and shading? I dunno. People seem to just bitch about the maps not being 3D
>>
File: zeus.png (12KB, 96x141px) Image search: [Google]
zeus.png
12KB, 96x141px
>>14846933
I think that's what most SRW games do, in fact.

>>14847125
My OC SRW plot features X-Bomber

>>14847454
>The reason being that we used to have giant sprites, then those proved to be completely unfeasible, so we had to go for a much smaller size. After we went from DS-style sprites to the huge ones because of some plan to use 3D models as a base that ended up going nowhere for a while.
Does this mean the sprites from the first demo won't be in the final product?
>>
>>14848863
I was talking about weapon properties and such, more than anything.
>>
>>14848865
2D Maps in SRW aren't made with any tiles system.

A single map is a single asset placed into the game after being made outside of it.

You can see portions of maps in Tengoku where the artist didn't blend the edge of the photo he was using and other such.
>>
>>14829517
>Trails in the Sky x Giant Robo
>Zane in the IPO
>olivier meets ginrei

HAIL OUROBOROS
ALLEGIANCE OR DEATH
>>
>>14850376
Shit, now I feel like I'll probably let a whole bunch of people down with how much I'm not really implementing from Trails
>>
oh god what is this doing all the way down here
>>
>>14852213
Everyone's being super quiet today.

Must be because of that dang ol FF14.
>>
>>14852221
Isn't there some kind of MMO rehab you guys could check into?
>>
File: 8Q31kru.jpg (38KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
8Q31kru.jpg
38KB, 498x306px
>>14852221
Nah, it's just the Pokémon S/M demo, which is pic-related.
>>
>>14852741
What? Don't you like pressing Water Shuriken and Aerial Ace to let Ash carry you?
>>
>>14800643
>unironically using wakaba

holy fuck what
>>
>>14852753
It's cool, but they really should have just given him as a mystery gift to people, rather than let people assume there was more to the demo than that.
>>
File: Gin my Guiser.jpg (75KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
Gin my Guiser.jpg
75KB, 400x307px
>>14839051
SUMMONED
BUT
UNWANTED NONETHELESS
>>
>>14852884
The real reason I stepped down from Eternity is because I lost a bet that would guarantee Ginguiser entry into SRWE.

But if I'm not in charge, I don't have to honor that bet.

Read a contract well before you sign it, fellas.
>>
>>14852928
thatsnothowitworksyoulittleshit.jpg
>>
>>14853489
You need a visit from a good doctor.

https://youtu.be/xExSdzkZZB0?t=1m16s

Here's one I recommend.
>>
>>14853500
Ooooh no, I'm not falling for THAT again. Not after that last visit to Dr. West.
>>
>>14852884
ALL HAIL GINGUISER
>>
So, you kinda talked about unit stats a bit earlier, but what about pilot stats.

Are you using Z's for the basis on that too?
>>
>>14849419
>Does this mean the sprites from the first demo won't be in the final product?
Not as they are in the demo.
We'll probably downscale them and reuse them that way, though.

>>14859103
That's the idea.

We're still doing a lot of experimenting with pilot stats, skills and spirits, though.
>>
Can we set upgrade tiers?
>>
>>14860101
Right now, upgrades are just set at a static 5% increase per level with 10 bars, but that's really just a placeholder. We want customizeable upgrade tiers.

Not looking forward to designing the UI for that, though.
>>
So, will there be .fmv or .mp4 support?
>>
>page 9
>>
>>14865151
I guess I'll bump too.
>>
>>14868272
But would you bump again?
>>
>>14869547
Hello
>>
The middle G key of my midi keyboard stopped working.

I guess I'm gonna have to cancel Eternity...
>>
>>14872050
RIP
>>
>>14800628
Bump
>>
>>14872050
Making April Fools jokes in the middle of Autumn is in poor taste, you know.
>>
>page 9
>>
>page 8
>>
Just so we're clear, I'm still actually looking for someone to help out on eternitychan.

Anyone who can aid in maintaining a website and aid in updating imageboard scripts.

You know, just in case it ever gets popular.

Ha... ha... ha... ha....
>>
>>14878451
Have you thought about making me an admin? I actually don't know anything about computers, but I think it'd be pretty cool.

Ya know?
>>
>>14879646
This does not sound like a good idea.
>>
>>14882607
You and I both know that you don't mean that.

After all, what was the catalyst that helped you bump this thread from page 10? That's right.
It was my post.

I think I've proven my competence.
>>
>>14882737
Oh but if only people wanted to talk about SRWE. If only you had drummed up interest and sparked up a discussion.

Then I would've given you full admin powers.
>>
>>14882973
Couldn't spark up a discussion? Perhaps, but then, what would you call this exchange between you and myself?

"The flint awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark."
Why should I be the one to strike when I can manipulate others to do so in my stead?
>>
File: 2D4U heightchart.png (444KB, 823x944px) Image search: [Google]
2D4U heightchart.png
444KB, 823x944px
>>14882973
In a vie for power and to win that adminship for myself, I got this
Since SRWE is going to (eventually) release along with the editor used to make it, what bullshit SRW game do YOU THE READER want to make
I want to make one with all the series that get compared with Evangelion
Evangelion
Xenogears
Bokurano
Fafner
Rahxephon
Gasaraki
Brain Powerd
Argento Soma
Dual parallel trouble
>>
>>14883588
You're missing De: Vadasy in that list. Also, 666 Satan and Digimon Tamers, if you're willing to stretch it that far.
>>
>>14883588
>ZINV
>50m

Not even close.

As an aside, as someone who's working on a game with D!PTA, find this guide.
>>
Page 9 bump. Also a "Stop-VF-from-committing-murder" bump
>>
File: 1476970664263.gif (658KB, 280x212px) Image search: [Google]
1476970664263.gif
658KB, 280x212px
>>14829514
>that route B
>>
Another Page 9 Bump, I suppose.
>>
You know there's really no point in bumping unless you've got

1. A question about SRWE/Eternitychan or something you need clarified.
2. Want to talk about fan content creations relevant to the board's subject matter
3. Really want to avoid a savage crime taking place.

Also I hate you all because you didn't bump my threads like this back when I was in charge.
>>
>>14890047
Oh, I've got a question.
How far along is the actual game? Is all the work focused on the tools right now?
>>
>>14820162

The text outline should be more even, its weird how the smaller "Decrease damage taken by 10%" text has thicker black outlines than the bigger "Arm Guard" text above it.
Aim for consistency when possible.
>>
Goddamnit V took my shtick, I was going to make the Huckebein showing up be a fairly big moment in FIRST and now it took that.

Oh well. Such is life.
Thread posts: 185
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.