[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong here exactly? It's even worse than Gundam Seed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Macross_delta_launch-1200x1697.jpg (409KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
Macross_delta_launch-1200x1697.jpg
409KB, 600x849px
What went wrong here exactly?
It's even worse than Gundam Seed.
>>
File: 1472646870483.jpg (450KB, 1492x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1472646870483.jpg
450KB, 1492x1080px
Reminder that the previously realistic gritty pro-war masterpiece Macross has been degraded into "Idols in space", it has fallen to the otaku pandering market and instead of being a stalwart for us manime fans it's now closer to AKB0048. Remember to support Sunrise and the upcoming gundam to show japan we like our pro-war realistic space operas and wont stand for our cherished long running masterpieces to be savagely devalued like this. First it was Macross, Next it'll be LotGH unless you do the right thing.
>>
Everything after episode 12 or so.
After the big peak literally nothing entertaining happened.
>>
File: wt_tomino.gif (35KB, 220x351px) Image search: [Google]
wt_tomino.gif
35KB, 220x351px
>>14794380
This made me laugh good jokes bro.
>>
>>14794373

Simple bad writing. Lots of Chekov's gun shit where things were introduced, treated as important, and then never had any payoff. Windies were given as much, and sometimes even more, plot important and protection than than protagonists for what feel like arbitrary reasons, culminating in a finale where Delta and Walkure do almost nothing as Windmeren characters create the problem and then other windemeren characters solve that problem with almost no outside help.

The show just comes off as very unclear and muddled, not knowing what fucking story it wants to tell. Too much of the interesting stuff was held in reserve for the final episodes, only to be unceremoniously dropped on the viewer with all of the weight and importance of doing your laundry. And by the end, nothing has really been resolved, just put on pause with no sense of real consequences to anything that just happened.

And for all the shitposting about idols ruining the show we get, Delta dropped the fuck out of that ball as well by the end. In the finale episode of Delta, not only did we not get an awesome medley of songs like Frontier did, we didn't get one new song. So even if their goal was style over substances, they ran out of juice on style and had nothing to build up hype. It certainly wasn't anything even remotely as fun and flashy as the first episode was.

Delta had a lot of potential to do something new and interesting at the start, but it seems they didn't have any fucking idea what they were doing or concept of the opportunity costs they were paying to make way for shit they pushed really hard in the middle of the show but didn't amount to anything by the end.
>>
>>14794373
>Frontier = Seed
>implying Delta is worse

Delta has at least been consistent in tone without the "trying too hard to pander to everything at once" cliches which made Frontier so annoying.
>>
It's better than Zero so that's something. It's as good as 7. If there's anything it got right, the ending is better than most Macross installments.
>>
watch more anime shitposting retard
>>
>>14794565
>In the finale episode of Delta, not only did we not get an awesome medley of songs like Frontier did, we didn't get one new song.
Don't be such a Frontier baby. Frontier's final battle didn't have a new song either.
>>
>>14794732

This seems like a weird problem to lay at Frontier's feet and then act like Macross in general isn't guilty of the same thing, Delta included. Or do you really think Walkure isn't made up of a checklist of cliches and archetype's to pander to as many people as possible at once? Even the original did much the same thing, it just had a smaller list because the internet wasn't a thing and it helped create several of the "pander to" items.
>>
>>14794373
Which part of NO EFFORT don't you understand?
>>
>>14794373
I think it was that during initial production, the show was only supposed to be one cour plus a movie. Somewhere along the line, the sponsors decided to make it a two cour show instead. As a result, they had to stretch out a movie's worth of plot into 3 months worth of airtime.
>>
>>14795003

That somewhere was during the writing of episode 4 apparently. Not during the animation or production of it, just the planning and scripting. Which was probably over a year before the show began. Which is funny, since it means even with all that time they still couldn't find a way to make the second half entertaining.

Though I still think the production committee saw the reaction to episode one and forced changes to every unfinished episode. Which explains to me why Hayate still dances a bit in the early episodes to blow off steam, but it's dropped entirely after about episode 8. That, and I think Roid was their way of filling out the second half of the show with a TV anime villain, so that they can still do the movie they planned. The TV animation didn't wrap up some things because those things are being left for the movie, while Roid went with Grace's plan as a way to quickly make a new villain so that Berger, Epsilon Foundation or whoever can be the real villains. It also explains Roid's rather drastic change in attitude towards Heinz, from "we can't push him any harder" to "push him and kill him, who cares" around the half way point.
>>
two words

Song Hax
>>
Hayate and Freyja were shit.
>>
>>14794373
Can we pretend it doesn't exist?
>>
>>14794880
While that is true at least Frontier had better use of the final battle. Delta just slapped the 2 OP and called it a day
>>
>>14794880
this>>14800582
Frontier at least had a great edit of its music that flowed with the action while Delta literally just played the OPs back to back
>>
>>14800491
No they were actually fun together. Especially in the first half of the show before their relationship was brought to a halt in the second half.
>>
i'm currently watching seed, kinda behind on delta and don't care much because effort

they're two different animals that are byproducts of their times
>>
>>14794373
They disrespected Mirage, that killed everything in domino effect.
>>
>>14804235
Kill those who disrespect Mirage!
>>
I'm starting to wonder if most of the anons that create these threads actually watched the show or not. Seems like we've been getting a lot of "Delta is worst Macross evar" ">delta what went wrong?" threads. I'm thinking it's a lot of anons jumping on the hate wagon because they want to start an argument for fun.
>>
>>14804337

It's entirely possible there is some element of it, but the count is low enough, especially a week or two after the show ended that it doesn't seem untoward to me and I feel it's entirely possible it's all people burned by the show in some manner. It may not be, but the thread count isn't high enough to make me think it has to be inflated.
>>
>>14794373

The drop off in story after Messer died. I felt Messer could have been Gamlin 2.0 and he and Kaname could have had a good story line going forward to compliment the main triangle. Arad should have died and Messer taken over Derta he then could have squared away Hayate and helped Mirage not suck.

Instead we got a very bland and predictable show that had a very huge drop off in quality after a decent first half.
>>
>>14804235
>>14804261
Don't be sore losers. Freyja was best girl and those who root against best girl are destined to be disappointed, like how she was destined to win.
>>
>>14805230
Insulting Mirage like that is big part of what made Delta fail.
Their mistake and their loss.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.