[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would he pilot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 48

File: image.jpg (47KB, 308x234px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 308x234px
>>
File: 1379132458488.jpg (402KB, 1918x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1379132458488.jpg
402KB, 1918x1280px
>>14791548
>>
A crashing plane
>>
>>14791548
The Strellabomber 3000
>>
File: Bro.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
Bro.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>14791554
Thread/
>>
>>14791737
But he isn't a big guy
>>
File: XM-01_Den'an_Zon.png (116KB, 306x537px) Image search: [Google]
XM-01_Den'an_Zon.png
116KB, 306x537px
Either this or a Kampfer, though that's only because Jagi uses a shotgun and a bazooka.
>>
File: Energer z.jpg (36KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Energer z.jpg
36KB, 600x450px
Energer Z?
>>
>>14793729
For Kenshiro.
>>
File: master gundam.jpg (59KB, 654x600px) Image search: [Google]
master gundam.jpg
59KB, 654x600px
>>14793744
Also, this would be Raoh's.
>>
What would Shin pilot?

Keep in mind that Shin did basically nothing wrong, and everything was everyone else's fault.
>>
File: MSZ-006Z.Sh.gif (26KB, 340x420px) Image search: [Google]
MSZ-006Z.Sh.gif
26KB, 340x420px
>>14795730
I don't know, but I am pretty sure Ryuga would pilot the F91 because of speediness and Shew would pilot the Zeta Zaku because it has lowered seeing abilities than normal.
>>
>>14795730
Shut the fuck up Shin you did everything wrong and literally everything was your fault. You were also a massive failure who only succeeded in killing yourself.
>>
What about Rei? Probably something with claws?
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 400x293px
>>14795848
Wouldn't this be better for Ryuga though it's a wolf mech that goes fast
>>
File: mad-max-2.jpg (798KB, 686x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mad-max-2.jpg
798KB, 686x1024px
>>14791737
He's based on the Mad Max poster art you memeing fuckwad.
>>
>>14796095
Gundam Le Cygne, 'cuz he's got Swan-style Nanto Seiken.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 723x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 723x1024px
Would ein use the Maxter Gundam or would he use heroman?
>>
File: Rei.jpg (176KB, 740x870px) Image search: [Google]
Rei.jpg
176KB, 740x870px
While I have you all here, let me ask you; who is your favorite FONS character? Mine is Rei.
>>
>>14798450
It's a pretty close competition, but Raoh, followed by Juza and Toki who are both really closely running to each other for second.
>>
>>14798450
Jagi. He's a complete asshole, but I love it.
Though on the good guy side, besides Ken, I like Shu the most.
>>
>>14798450
Jagi cause he's a asshole and coward who cheats every time he can and I always love Characters like that
>>
File: img000019.jpg (208KB, 602x1020px) Image search: [Google]
img000019.jpg
208KB, 602x1020px
>>14798450
>>14798525
Rei and Shu are cool guys, but Juza is my absolute nigga.
>>
>>14798450
Fudo was really cool his fight with raoh is one of my favorite moments in fiction
>>
>>14798450
Toki is my nigga
>>
>>14798450
Kenshiro, then it depends on the day but between Rei, Toki and Raoh. I like pretty much everyone but Ryuga and Juza.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (11KB, 276x183px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
11KB, 276x183px
>>14798450
Raoh has been my single most favorite character in any form of fiction. I pledged loyalty to the ruler of this century's end several years ago.
>>
>>14798450
Who is the worst?
>>
>>14799064
Roah is a shit, when the writer flipped tracks towards the latter half and started shilling for him almost harder than for the main character it was pathetic.
>>
>>14799453
You sound like an idiot so I'm not surprised if you don't like Raoh as a character. I'm sure you think it was awful mean of him killing Juza too.
>>
>>14798554
>You're a faggot Ken-oh
How can one man be so based?
>>
>>14799429
Ryuga or Juza.

>>14799453
You mean the second half of the first part or the second part altogether?
I mean, you have shit taste either way but I can´t tell you why without knowing which latter half you mean.
>>
>>14799669
I can agree with him if he means HnK2 since that sequel series was I'll advised and nonsensical. It was fun but boy did it bog down the original and just get fucking stupid at points. They basically were just doing a cash in the popularity and realized "Shit how are we gonna top an antagonist as good as Raoh? Wait, what if we do Raoh again but this time it's his secret other brother with super powers! And let's put it on an island that makes no sense and worships Raoh as a God!".

I tell people to stop considering anything after the city of light in HnK2 as canon. That first arc was great and geeky like a nice little side story OVA. Asura was a fucking mistake.
>>
So since you people are here I wanna ask something should I read the gaidens?
>>
>>14799896
Yep. For context if nothing more.
>>
>>14799730
You can tell Buronson and Tetsuo Hara gradually ran out of ideas. This is a case study on how extending a series past its intended conclusion for popularity reasons is often unadvisable.
>>
>>14800147
It's just clearly they finished the story and then someone backed up a dump truck full of money and went "so how about a season 2?"

Fist of the Blue Sky felt way more natural an addition to the series and made sense while not taking away from the main story. As do the Gaidens but I don't know how much input they had since I think that was more penned by other writers/artists but I may wrong.

Do you guys think Tetsuo Hara and Buronson could team up again and make a good mecha show/manga?
>>
>>14798450
Hero: Rei
Villain: Thouzer
>>
File: godannar.jpg (137KB, 1000x659px) Image search: [Google]
godannar.jpg
137KB, 1000x659px
>>14791548

Obviously SHINKON GATTAI GODANNAR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-OQ20EBKD8
>>
>>14799730
>>14800147
>>14800197
There's a reason why Buronson said "yeah, you should probably stop reading after Raoh dies" in later interviews.

That being said, I really liked the character Falco.
>>
>>14800197
>As do the Gaidens

I don't know, Shin HnK was just kinda there. I mean what was the point, this was after Kenshiro had beaten Raoh, everyone he fought was so beneath him, even the main villain.
>>
>>14800247
>That being said, I really liked the character Falco.
Him, Win, and that while arc were great. It's a nice little send off side story that shows as long as the world needs Ken, the savior will find and deal with those only he can deal with.

Asura and everything that happens there should be ignored.
>>
>>14800236

Really? Nobody likes fucking Godannar?

What the fuck is wrong with you people.
>>
>>14800259
It didn't take away from the main series which is more than I can say for HnK2 and how it fucked so many things up. The Gaidens are at best good additions, at worst benign and don't hurt the series.
>>
>>14800274
>Win
Ein*

How can I get such a great American patriots name wrong?
>>
>>14800197
>Fist of the Blue Sky felt way more natural an addition to the series and made sense while not taking away from the main story.
Too bad about it getting canned before we could know what happened to Kasumi.
>Do you guys think Tetsuo Hara and Buronson could team up again and make a good mecha show/manga?
Really tough call, since Hara has an eye condition causing him to draw longer than usual.
>>
>>14800236
>>14800287
The thread is drifting off-course into HnK talk though.
>>
>>14800325

Crock of shit.

Every time I get into a thread that would be a good reason to talk about this love letter to classical Super Robot shows it gets derailed.
>>
>>14799730
I liked part 2 even if it was a rehash, partially because how they made Raoh relevant despite not being alive. And post-Kaioh, it does its own thing, but that part will never be animated.
>>
>>14800319
>Really tough call, since Hara has an eye condition causing him to draw longer than usual.
I didn't know about that, that explains why his art got better in detail and quality but his proportions/anatomy/foreshortening went from one of the best in the industry to full on fun house mirror. Maybe instead an anime and he would provide creative design work and be more of an art director/show producer?

>>14800332
Most of /m/ loves HnK and you started the thread with Jagi one of the most loved by the fanbase. No shit it progresses into HnK instead of following your retarded logic path of making it a conversation about Godanner, you dip.

>>14800353
I love Raoh as much as the next guy, if not more so. But even if it's mindless fun, HnK2 genuinely hurts the story of the main series particularly with all the new brothers and that "Ken, Raoh, and Toki are from Asura!" as well as how strong all of Asura is.
>>
>>14800368

i mean... Fair enough I guess.
>>
File: flat,800x800,070,f.jpg (82KB, 800x434px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,070,f.jpg
82KB, 800x434px
>>14800373
>>
The musou game had some great OSTs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx563UPPdS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwT3WPgNl0w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXF3JU7FwCo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJGP3grY3OU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-23U4wLh78
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOb9Ye9mCkY
>>
>>14800768
Musou games have always had good music
>>
>>14800941
True
>>
>>14800941
If only they had good gameplay or weren't buggy as all fuck
>>
Should I watch or read Hokuto?
>>
>>14801378
Both. I recommend watch then read, that's how I did it and I thoroughly loved it.
>>
>>14800975

Omega Force makes the good musou games, it's the other studios that make crap.
>>
>>14800975
Gameplay is debatable but I do have to agree with you that quite a few of them are buggy
>>
>>14799429
Juda
>>
>>14801443
Koei are the shitters and the ones who ruined every musou I tried such as the two HnK ones

>>14801461
I could never get over the extreme bugginess to actually be able to judge the gameplay of any I tried
>>
Nice to see /m/ can discuss the storyline in detail. All the /a/ threads are 'look how cool Ken is' and then its over because no ones actually seen more than the movie
/ar/ when?
>>
>>14801806
>/ar/ when?
What do you think this board is? Yes mechs are always the priority but this board always sees threads for old manga and anime that /a/ is too young to appreciate or too prone to shitposting to discuss. /m/ is pretty much the /a/ retirement home.
>>
>>14800332
Then you must be new as fuck because I remember plenty of Goddannar threads that went great, go make your own Thread namefag. Maybe if you dont namefag the thread will go better
>>
>>14801820
A place where newfag trolls are now seriously argueing that Devilman isnt /m/
I worry about out future and
>>
>>14791554
This give me an erection
>>
Does anyone remember Bolge you know that guy who shows up in the last arc of the manga I thought his existence was stupider that the whole Asura arc
>>
>>14802086
There is a reason Buronson said just stop after Raoh dies. Remember jump doesn't like money makers to end until they stop making money, and HnK was MASSIVE to the point it's a cultural icon of Japan.
>>
>that awkward moment where Hara&Buronson want to make me feel for Raoh when he's basically Pol Pot, Schwarzenegger and Napoleon fused together
Why the hell would I feel bad for someone that had an army of thugs that killed innocent people wherever they went and called himself a conqueror?
Because MUH STRENGHT MUH KANASHIMI MUH SADNESS?
He also lost against Fudo and got saved by a goon, fuck off.
>>
>>14803017
You literally didn't get it. Watch it again.
>>
>>14803004
The authors supported Musou 2 so they are fine with part 2 now.
>>
>>14803027
What I say is objective, I don't care about the Japanese point of view that if you're a strong main character you get away with being a shitty person which is present in every single shonen.
He led an army that killed innocent people and was 100% responsible for it, he let Cassandra be the worst prison ever and imprisoned his brother inside.
Did he do this to gain power in order to better rule a unified land?
It's called being a tyrant.

The only good thing he did was briefly extending Yuria life.
Next thing you're going to say Souther wasn't so bad because Kenshiro feels bad for him.
>>
>>14803043
Tell me friend, name one person Raoh killed that didn't try to kill him? Tell me who was ordered to do anything directly by Raoh? Raoh was not a just king, nor did he claim to be. Raoh was an unintended conqueror, just like Ken is an unintended savior. He went through his life merely accomplishing what he desired and ended up with an empire forming around him. Several places admit to being far worse before Raoh arrived, ruled by fear or violence. Raoh quelled this on his war path, showing people living beneath someone's heel or weakly is no better than being dead.

Raoh openly accepted all challenges on his life and crushed petty thugs. If people submitted themselves to him he accepted them but if they used him or his name for power he killed them. Raoh believed in self made success and lived a life of no regrets. His lifestyle created a different world from Ken. Ken bright an ideology of peace and have people a beacon of hope, however that doesn't necessarily solve all problems since it requires people to all accept that ideology. Raoh ended up creating society through strength and order, is it a fascist regime? You bet your ass. But in a world where people have lost their minds or given up morality in this apocalyptic wasteland, some people will only respect might and order. Some villages Ken visited were peaceful, some Raoh visited had order and discipline. When Ken went far away some of those villages were just captured again by thugs, when Raoh did the same some of his subordinates took control and went corrupt. Neither system is perfect but they are how humanity has any hope of surviving which is why Ryuga tested Ken.
>>
>>14803043
>>14803063
Raoh is not evil, he was a man of no regrets who lived by his code. The one regret he had was when he truly took up the mantle of being an evil King fighting Fudo. This happened because for the first time Raoh faced his mortality against Ken and it scared him. Raoh worked so hard to accomplish so much but it could all be taken away. Raoh stripped away his honor and fight underhanded for the first time, making his fist waver and left him with the only regret in his life.

If you don't appreciate Raoh as much as Ken you literally don't GET HnK.
>>
>>14801378
I would say read then stop before the Asura arc and then watch the anime and stop before the Asura
>>
>>14803043
>Next thing you're going to say Souther wasn't so bad because Kenshiro feels bad for him.

Souther did it all for himself.

Raoh genuinely was bringing order to the lawless wasteland.
>>
>>14803043
>I don't care about the Japanese point of view that if you're strong you get away with being a shitty person
But that's objectively true
>>
>>14800353
>partially because how they made Raoh relevant despite not being alive

They could've achieved that in a way less retarded way. Considering how many powerful factions Raoh kept in place out of fear of him demolishing them you could've easily just had a story about everything getting even worse now that the top dawg is gone showing just how powerful he truly was.
>>
>>14801909
Hey that's a least a step up from that retard who just rambles about spics in any Dynamic Pro related thread.
>>
>>14793744
>Kampfer
Definitely
>>
>>14805957
>They could've achieved that in a way less retarded way.

Seriously. Kircheis died at the end of the first arc of LoGH but his spectre haunts Reinhard the whole story. You didn't need to bring up OH WAIT RAOH HAS A BROTHER I NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE
>>
Does anyone remember the time ryuga slaughtered that village of innocents just to get Ken to fight him even though he could have just waited at said village
>>
So are any of the OVAs and spin offs worth it?
>>
>>14805678
It's telling that one of the OVAs surgically removed his motivation and just made him an out-and-out asshole.
>>
I remember from years ago that somebody made a Mecha Jagi for M.U.G.E.N. that had him use use a mix of Zeon MS weapons and stuff from Robo Ky.
>>
>>14806682
Yeah, the Gaiden manga are fun and provide neat stories and information about characters,the Zero movies are pretty good, DD Hokuto no Ken is a pretty funny parody, DD Hokuto no Ken 2 + Strawberry flavour is OK, though the DD segments are awful and Strawberry flavour is pretty funny. I haven't seen any of the others so I can't comment on their quality
>>
>>14807236
Do you have a link to said jagi?
>>
>>14807413
Well I found this: http://mugenarchive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=5237
Don't think this is quite the one I had since I don't remember the atomic bazooka but this is the same site so it's probably a remodeled version.
>>
>>14807470
Thanks my nigga
>>
>>14805957
>They could've achieved that in a way less retarded way.
How was it retarded?

>>14806046
>You didn't need to bring up OH WAIT RAOH HAS A BROTHER I NEVER MENTIONED BEFORE
Did you even read/watch part 2? Raoh wasnt relevant because of his brother(only at least).
>>
Jagi Gaiden is great but I get the feeling that many people set out to hate it from the get-go because of the art style
>>
>>14809600
>mangareader.net
god dammit I didn't notice that, fuck you google
>>
>>14809600
The art style looks fine the only problem I could see is jagi's helmet
>>
File: hiromoto.jpg (261KB, 762x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hiromoto.jpg
261KB, 762x1200px
>>14809626
That page looks pretty normal, Hiromoto's art is generally really weird and he's admittedly not very technically skilled especially for his age. But in terms of visual storytelling it's fantastic, top-notch paneling and lots of appropriate emotion.

Thematically it's great and basically about how having "HARD WORK AND GUTS" shonen ideals can destroy you.
>>
File: hiromoto2.jpg (225KB, 815x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hiromoto2.jpg
225KB, 815x1200px
>>14809647
I think he's good at drawing in a very similar way to how 70s Go Nagai was good
>>
>>14806717

Who, Raoh or Souther? Because I don't remember Souther's master coming up in that ova.
>>
So how are the comedy series like dd fist of the north star and strawberry flavor ?
>>
>>14807334
>DD hokuto

I can't speak for the manga, but the anime is basically anti-humor.
>>
Reminder that shin did nothing wrong
>>
>>14809668
Souther, yes.
>>
>>14809556
>Did you even read/watch part 2? Raoh wasnt relevant because of his brother(only at least).
Kaioh deliberately states of Raoh stayed on Asura he would have far surpassed kaioh in using weird martial arts magic and brutally murdered him. HnK2 spends most of its time sucking Raoh's dick, there are literally statues of him across the continent he's treated like a God, and then kaioh is literally a poor attempt at having Raoh again too. I love Raoh, perhaps too much, but it got fucking ridiculous how much they tried to keep Raoh relevant even though he was dead.
>>
>>14810618
>HnK2 spends most of its time sucking Raoh's dick, there are literally statues of him across the continent he's treated like a God
Exactly, it's not just him having a brother, it's the idea of him people of Asura have of him. Seeing Shachi exploiting that with Kenshiro was interesting. And then after Kaioh's defeat the next arc is about Kenshiro training his son to be the next sucessor. All of it could have been done without Kaioh.

>but it got fucking ridiculous how much they tried to keep Raoh relevant even though he was dead.
How? Aside from the retcons, it makes sense, it also happens in real life too.
>>
>>14810618
It's funny, because even when you say all that, I still can't fucking stand Kaioh.
He's the primary idea of Bad Sequel Characters I can't fucking stand.
>We killed off X! What do we do now?
>Let's draw a character that looks almost like X, and then deeply involve Y in X's backstory! Let's even get the same voice actor! It's almost like X never died!

Fuck off! Make a new character.
>>
>>14798450
Souther for me
>>
>>14798450
Ein
>>
>>14810488
But doesn't that take a big part of his character away
>>
>>14810888
>>14810897
Kaioh is funny and fun but such a stupid idea he's a big example of how HnK2 fucks up. Asura should have been about Ken discovering the true consequences of killing Raoh by finding a continent that was rebuilding but has been thrown into disarray from Raoh not being an imposing threat. Ken realizes how dangerous it is by seeing the average person there is as dangerous as a south star general but much crazier. Ken should truly see that neither his nor Raoh's ideals can save this world alone and should have culminated with him killing the rulers of Asura by incorporating Raoh into his transmigration.

And don't make the fucking brothers come from Asura, it's stupid and clashes with the story that Goken found them separately. I am okay with Ken being a direct descendant of the creators of hokuto shinken, not that Raoh carried him to freedom from Asura.
>>
>>14799896
I actually really liked Jagi's Gaiden. Really did a good job at conveying how second rate and inadequate his entire life was. He tries to be the big hero like Ken one single time and the girl he loves is raped and murdered. Because he sucks.
>>
>>14803017
Souther is easily worse in that regard. That you're expected to feel sorry for him at all is insulting. At least Raoh was just MUH STRENGTH retarded his entire life.
>>
>>14811069
But Souther tried to cast it away, saying that emotion is weakness. Also it's not like he justified himself unlike Raoh
>>
Come to think of it, I'm surprised no one brought up the time Ken blew up a tank in the anime yet.

>>14810956
That's fair enough.

>>14811063
And to think that people used to worry that his story would be "pretty much like Ken, but with a different character" like the other gaidens.

On a related note, the author for this also did a one-shot with Ryuken.
>>
>>14811236
https://youtu.be/-_ZeD40Rg8A
This shit was fucking amazing
>>
>still no Fist live action with John Cena as Kenshiro
it hurts almost as much as hearing from the onlines that the mythical Cena Heel Turn was going to be partially inspired by Jagi
>>
>>14805977
Good point.
>>
>>14802086
After everything that happened after Raoh's death, I thought the Bolge/Borg arc was a good send-off for the series. It tied up one of the weirder loose ends involving Lin, Bat, and Ken, and sent Ken off to keep doing what he does best.
>>
>Tfw the gaidens will never be animated
>>
>>14811449
After raoh' death it should have just been the empire shit and then bolge
>>
>>14811460
Eh, Bolge was only needed because of the questions that arose from that event at the end of the Ashura arc where Lin's pressure points were struck to fall in love with the first person she saw when she woke up. Letting the series conclude with her brainwashed into liking Bat would be creepy.

But, if Ashura was removed, this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>14800247
Got a sauce for this? While I 99% believe this (and feel like it's obvious from the drop in the quality of the writing), I'd like to have a source in case some as shoe tries to argue with me.
>>
>>14811757

Unfortunately I do not have the source
>>
>you will never pilot a cool mech while blasting Kill the Fight at full volume in the cockpit
Why live
>>
>>14811039
> story that Goken found them separately.
You mean Ryuken?

>>14811063
I like Jagi Gaiden as of itself, but part of the charm of Jagi is that he's one of the most important villains (or villain fighters at least, if we dont count that guy who was using Falco) that's not redeemable at all.
>>
>>14811069
I think it's less sorry, and more like pity.
Under all of his bravado and royal blood, he's just a kid pining for the love of his father-figure.
>>
File: Souther_(Atomiswave).jpg (238KB, 1024x913px) Image search: [Google]
Souther_(Atomiswave).jpg
238KB, 1024x913px
Souther seems like a Hambrabi pilot to me
>>
>>14812643
>You mean Ryuken?
Yeah my bad, mixing up the names thanks to street fighter
>>
>>14812060
I literally did this in ACFA though.
>>
>>14811236
Has the one shot with Ryuken been translated?
>>
>>14814113
Actually, yes, by Souten Scans (which also did the other gaidens, and is apparently Hokuto no Gun nowadays).
>>
Is New Fist of the North Star any good?
>>
File: hqdefault (2).jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (2).jpg
11KB, 480x360px
>>14812664
Tragic I think is the best term. His actions can't be excused, but, simply put, they're the result of just how much the guy loved his dad.

It's beautiful, really.

>>14814865
It's OK. It doesn't do anything special, and Ken gets stuck in a jail cell because I guess he forgot how strong he was (he's shown trying to punch his way out at one point, but failing). The overall storyline is pretty good, though. It functions like another decently written chapter of the manga; nothing special, but also not as bad as the latter bits of Ashura or the first third of Ken and Ryu's Hokutoventures. It also expands on how Hokuto Shinken spread into the world during its 1800-year history, as well as answering some questions about what's going on with any leftover nukes. The best part is the intense amount of gore present throughout the OVA. It's solidly average, and stays around just long enough.

Interestingly enough, Ken reflects a lot on how he's, someday, gonna have to finish passing on the successorship to Ryu, almost as if it's trying to set up future sequels. It was based on a novel by Buronson and Tetsuo Hara; I'm curious if they originally planned to write more...

Also, if anyone has read the novel and knows of some differences between it and the OVA, I'd love to hear about it.
>>
>>14805678
Eh, that's more of a justification for Raoh so that he doesn't feel as selfish. His ultimate goal is still the conquest of Earth and to challenge God for the throne of Heaven.

His goal is, first and foremost, selfish. He's tried to adapt it to help others, but it's still largely all about himself. That's why he begged Toki to stop him if he ever became fully consumed.
>>
>>14815338

Considering he does things like openly kill rapists in his own army because of how much they disgust him, he still clearly has understandable morals guiding his conquest.
>>
>>14815301
Who is ryu cause I don't remember anyone named that
>>
>>14815721
Ken's adoptive son, who only shows up in the post-Kaioh/Ashura parts of the manga
>>
>>14815739
Ah
>>
Was there ever a gaiden of shu?
>>
>>14791548

He would be riding shotgun.
>>
File: 006BFT_Kevin_Heffernan_009.jpg (42KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
006BFT_Kevin_Heffernan_009.jpg
42KB, 852x480px
>>14810897
>hating on Gil
>>
>>14815769
No, isntead there's one for Garuda (a character that previously didn't exist in the main series).
>>
>>14815882
Isn't that the guy that came from a pachislot machine
>>
>>14815799

That was different, it was a joke.
>>
>>14815882
>character who was important in original series does not have a gaiden
>while character who was made for pachinko gets a gaiden
Wat
>>
>>14815338
>He's tried to adapt it to help others
No he didn't. He followed his morals and didn't impede anyone who was convicted that wasn't in his way. Raoh is an incidental conqueror just like Ken was an incidental savior, they both have they personal ideals in mind but people gather around the strong. Raoh was aiming to prove he was the strongest and deserved to rule this world, and people began following him. Ken was silencing those who got in his way and stopping those who he found morally apprehensible and people followed him, but as Ken said he never aimed to be some sort of hero nor did he want to be.
>>
>>14815439
Of course. That's part of why he's so likable.

>>14817217
Hmm... Maybe it's about time for a reread. It's been a few years and, while I just watched the anime, that took me a while and I feel like they messed up Raoh's character. I remember a good bit from the manga, but I don't remember it portraying his conquest as incidental the same way Ken just sort of became a savior.

I do appreciate your insights, though, as they've helped re-focus on a few things from the series.
>>
>>14817253
Raoh is pretty fairly represented in the anime, it's just his characterization is more subtle and it's stretched over a very long show. Also unlike Ken, the perception of Raoh can get muddied by how the main characters view him and the fact that several good characters are killed by Raoh.

But notice that neither Ken nor Toki truly condemn Raoh, they mainly go after him out of duty and obligation to hokuto shinken or fear he is losing himself. When Toki and Raoh fight each other, Toki is much more at peace after he sees Raoh has not truly lost his way it's just he has grown and changed as a person meaning which has just caused them to not see eye to eye anymore. Raoh being able to cry showed him and Ken that despite him becoming Ken-Oh, Raoh never truly shed his humanity which is even a slight shock to Raoh. Toki accepts that his brother is not lost in power but instead has grown and matured differently from him, and peacefully goes on with his final days. Ken after that no longer addresses Raoh with a sense of malice but more of duty, because he must seal his brother's fist as decreed by hokuto shinken. Ken only gets angry at Raoh when Raoh loses his way towards the end and fights underhanded while stealing Yuria.

Ryuga also shows that Raoh is not objectively wrong and explains how Ken and Raoh are opposite sides of the same coin. He talks about their incidental path of being a savior and conqueror respectively.
>>
>>14817307
He ain't have to do that shit to Rei though.
>>
>>14817318
Rei tried to kill him first. He also gave no shits about Rei, though he did compliment his skill and conviction, so he gave him that terrible death as a message to all people aiming for him but more so to Ken. If you watch Raoh through all of the series, he never states it openly but he does not want to kill either of his brothers if he doesn't have to. Raoh genuinely considers Ken his brother as much as his flesh and blood brother, he will kill Ken if he tries to stop Raoh but if he can avoid Ken he would rather do that.

He gains some motivation when he gets debilitated slightly by Ken, but it's not revenge motivated more so it's about him acknowledging Ken as a threat both to his life but also to Raoh's claim of being the true king of the fist.

tldr; Rei picked the wrong fight with the wrong mother fucker. Hail Ken-Oh! Ruler of this century's end!
>>
>>14803063
fudo
>>
>>14817411
See >>14803066

Raoh genuinely regretted what he did when he went crazy. A man who prided himself on living a life with no regrets stained his pride with what he did to Fudo, being the only action he regrets and leads to his mental breakdown and later epiphany.
>>
So are there any deaths In the series that make you sad cause ein's hit me pretty hard
>>
>>14817364
The way I saw it, Rei jumped in to protect the village from that madman and his thugs that were burning down one of that last villages resembling a functioning society. Even that kid named Bart had to fight, and got hurt.Then the brute wouldn't dismount from his horse, so he could have the height advantage, cheated and threw his cape at Rei and hit him with some curse that would kill him in 3 days!
It would have been more merciful to just kill him right then and there! But he had to "send a message". What a jerk!
>>
File: 24.jpg (26KB, 310x236px) Image search: [Google]
24.jpg
26KB, 310x236px
>>14817434
I have never cried watching any anime or movie, only getting close a couple of times. But the fight between Raoh and Toki had me choking back bitch tears.
>>
File: 1362589042614.jpg (31KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
1362589042614.jpg
31KB, 640x432px
>>14817434
I'm not down with what happened to Rei.

The end of the HnK movie, where Kenshiro has to go look for Yuria anyway. Listening to Purple Eyes doesn't make it any better.

And even though it's a filler episode, the episode where Kenshiro meets a chicken farmer and his daughter, and the farmer gets killed, and his last thoughts are about his daughter. Just the idea of a girl having to live through that wasteland alone as such a young age fills me with despair.
>>
>>14817439
Raoh was literally walking to his next destination, he was not participating in any raiding and those who orbited him were. To Raoh it was survival of the fittest, if those who claimed allegiance fought with dignity he didn't care just like of the villagers killed any of the thugs he wouldn't care as the stronger won.

Rei saw this reasonably as a way to end the war by killing the man they rallied behind, not knowing Raoh did more good by unintentionally rallying them than a world where they run rampant. Rei attempted to use a double edged sword technique that would kill the user the one attacked. Raoh completely saw through this attack to kill him and using his vastly superior skills to Rei defeated him in an instant with cape and a single stroke. Raoh gained no advantage staying on horseback, he did it because he saw no need to dismount unless the enemy posed a threat and Rei was nowhere near his level. Raoh also didn't know who Rei was, nor did he care so he decided to use this person trying to kill him to send a message to his brother who he actually cared about.

Notice Bat attacked Raoh and Raoh injured him, but he did not kill the child as there was no legitimate threat to Raoh's life. Raoh respected Bat for being able to act and attack him when his own life could be at risk, that's why he let Bat live and didn't just punch the air in his direction which would have turned Bat into a skid on the pavement. Raoh found Bat admirable, he found Rei admirable too. But killing a man who tried to kill him is a better message then killing a small child.
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 250x300px
Rei had a good taste in waifus
>>
>>14817434
rei's death was pretty sad
>>
>>14817434
Fudo of the Mountain's death honestly made me tear up, especially with the montage of the ED with him and all his kids.
>>
>>14817444
If youre a Male with a brother, and didn't tear up at Toki vs Raoh, youre simply lying. Its too damn relatable
>>
File: 1328037612066.jpg (154KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1328037612066.jpg
154KB, 800x600px
>>14798567
>>
>>14817318

If he didn't, that move would have killed Raoh.
>>
>>14817470
>I'm not down with what happened to Rei.

The fact that with all the death the series showed, they couldn't bring themselves to show Rei explode and instead let him go into a room to die with peace, showed how even they felt horrible for killing him.
>>
>>14819812
They kinda did that with Shu too. Even after he's pierced through the heart with Souther's spear and crushed under the capstone of that pyramid thing, blood doesn't gush out until later when everyone says "even Shu is crying!" or something like that in response to an emotional moment.
>>
>>14819812
>to die with peace
He didn't, he had one of the worst deaths of all. They let him do that so he could die alone with dignity and no one had to see all of his pores erupt with blood as his insides slowly became his outside.
>>
>>14817434
I cried at falco's cause of how bullshit it was
>>
>>14819812
I pretty such all your blood vessels exploding is really fucking painful
>>
Was it ever explained how shin fucked up so much
>>
File: 158.png (586KB, 640x476px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
586KB, 640x476px
>>14817434
Shin's death was the only one that made me tear up.
He was too good for this world.
>>
>>14820906
It was because he himself was an immense fuck up
>>
>>14820906
He was born with it
>>
>>14817318
The real question is why Raoh never used that move again. Just have half a dozen capes on standby to cover guys up with before you finger them to death.

>ENJOY HAVING THREE DAYS TO PUT YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER BEFORE YOU SHIT YOUR LUNGS OUT THROUGH YOUR TEAR DUCTS
>>
>>14817434
I was really sad when Bat's mom died.
>>
>>14820906
Listened to Jagi when shouldn't have.
>>
How did jagi get his hands on a gun anyway I mean I don't remember anyone else using or having a gun in the series so where did he get?
>>
>>14817434
Shoe's death basically turned me into a kid sized messy tissue of snot and tears yelling SHOEEEEEEEE at the TV together with Kinnikuman, I was five years old or something and nothing but Tochiro's death in Captain Harlock made me tear up that much.
This too>>14817444, though having rewatched the series pretty recently I kinda had to suspend my disbelief when Raoh takes their old jumpsuits which are basically as big as his adult palm, it was kind of awkward and hilarious, I don't think my younger self even noticed it.
I guess the most touching part of the duel is when Raoh breaks into tears thinking about his brother overcoming all those hardships and gaining true strength just to be crippled by a disease, you could say that Raoh looked up to him as an example to follow in a way, or at least that's what I thought, Raoh basically admits that if Toki didn't become ill he would have been the one to inherit the the position of Ken-Oh.
>>14820906
Something something ORE NO NA WO ITTEMIRO! somehing something
>>
>>14821062
>Raoh basically admits that if Toki didn't become ill he would have been the one to inherit the the position of Ken-Oh.
It's a fact. In terms of actual strength Toki was a natural genius perfect in martial arts. At his full strength Toki would have been the successor of hokuto shinken. I always liked how in HnK despite how strong Ken is as the successor, they more than once address that not only is a full health Toki stronger than him but Raoh was stronger too. In the final battle Ken stood no chance against Raoh after he truly came to understand hokuto shinken, even with his life force drained.

As powerful as Ken is, he was only the third strongest martial artist.
>>
>>14817434

Literally all the deaths that I think were supposed to pack a punch brought me close to tears, both the first time I watched it in my mid-twenties and again in my late, this time with a friend who had the same reaction. Shin, Yuuda, Rei, Shuu, Souther, Toki and Ryuuga, Juuza, Toh, Fudou, Raoh, Falco, Kaioh and Hyoh, not to mention Raoh's fight with Toki -- ALL of these brought me close to tears, and I haven't cried since I was a child.

'Fist of the North Star' is some powerful shit man.
>>
File: 3450-1-10.jpg (70KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
3450-1-10.jpg
70KB, 400x300px
>>14821130
Because we are men. We may not be the strongest, smartest, fastest, or wisest. But we are men never the less.
>>
>>14817434
When Bat's buggy finally died.
Rip Buggy. o7

Though for real, Shu's death got to me.
>>
>>14820606
>>14820451

He died with his dignity intact is the point I'm making
>>
>>14821059

Wasn't that his shotgun from before the nuclear war?
>>
>>14821046
>Listened to Jagi
>JAGI
>THE GUY RYUKEN TRAINED WRONG ON PURPOSE, AS A JOKE

You take advice from a complete retard, you are ergo even dumber than a complete retard. He even lied to Ken about Julia being alive just because, which is meant to make him look retroactively more noble but instead makes him look like an even pettier cunt then he was before.
>>
>>14821130
>>14821168
We are already dead.
>>
>>14796095
Unit-00

Duh
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-25+at+07.40.35).jpg (265KB, 1449x1078px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-25+at+07.40.35).jpg
265KB, 1449x1078px
>>14821274
If he didn't lie about Julia to Ken, Raoh woulda found out that she was for the taking and basically bulldozed everyone to get her.

Shin was a man who sacrificed it all for the woman he loved. He may have not been right about what he did, but he certainly wasn't in the wrong.
>>
>>14821291
>but he certainly wasn't in the wrong.
Except the whole fact that everything was his fault
>>
>>14821291
Shin was a man who stole the woman he loved away from his best friend just because he could and because the second dumbest named character in the entire series told him to. Also he destroyed dozens of villages and built an empire on a throne of blood under the mistaken impression this would make her drop her panties. Then she tried to kill herself and he lied about it after Ken kicked his ass in five seconds because he wanted to keep her safe, WHICH HE COULD HAVE ACHIEVED BY NOT KIDNAPPING HER IN THE FIRST PLACE. And then he killed himself like a bitch rather than exploding with honor. And Ken actually dug him a grave which was a great deal more kindness than Shin had ever done to deserve. Also he kick-started the whole fated war between Hokuto Shinken and Nanto Seiken. It was going to happen anyway but he was the retard who started it.
>>
>>14821381
There was a war between nanto and hokuto?
>>
>>14822505

Not him but
>when Nanto is in disarray, Hokuto will appear to restore balance
>>
>>14817434
Not a death but when Raoh fights Toki and could not let himself kill him really got to me.
>>
>>14822565

The final fight you mean, where even Raoh cries?
>>
>>14821381
How did he start it?
>>
>>14823241
Stealing Yuria and leaving Ken to die
>>
>>14823317
>tfw the fight show goes so long you forget why the fights started
>>
>>14823317
All Nanto schools just fight each other because someones waifu was stolen?
>>
>>14823346
There was no Hokuto shinken to keep the south star people in check. The looming threat of the hokuto shinken stops them from going wild.
>>
http://www.hokutonogun.com/
>Chaos telling someone the gaidens are supposed to be read after the main series
See, even he knows that production order is the right option.
>>
Was it ever explained how heart got so fucking fat
>>
I like how in one of the OVAs the old dude was wearing Musashi Tomoe's outfit. And then he died.
>>
>>14824692
Mr. Heart abhors violence, so I will tell you. He got it from... people
>>
>>14824867
I miss dub of the North Star
>>
>>14823357
But I'm quite sure they knew Raoh was still there
>>
>>14824973
Hokuto Shinken only gets a single heir who has sole knowledge over the entire style. Nanto Seiken is spread out over seven main styles, seven branches that act as a perfect opposite to Hokuto Shinken. Ken getting wrekt ruined this balance. The other heirs rather than getting their hands blown up or their memories erased all went their seperate ways, the Hokuto style fell with Ryuken's death and without opposition the Nanto Seiken schools all splintered. When Ken was unable to fulfill his duties as inheritor everything went to shit; Raoh never cared about being the true successor, he just used his own form of Hokuto Shinken to fight all comers, because all he wanted to be was the strongest. Most people probably thought Raoh was even weaker then Ken after Shin's little stunt, and the next thing they knew they got their asses handed to them by some ten foot tall tanned Hulk who just called himself Ken-Oh.
>>
>>14824867
But where do the people get it?
>>
>>14824905
That dub's Lin kills my sides.
>>
>>14825782
My favorite was club even though he had like 12 lines
>>
>>14824973
Raoh was too busy being raoh and killing pacifist
>>
>>14817434
Though not a death I always Tear up a bit for this part
https://youtu.be/zbpyOmSkgkc
>>
>>14824905
Why did it stop anyways?
>>
>>14827608
They suffered the HnK dub curse.
>>
What your favorite martial art style in the series mine's is Taizan Tenrō Ken
>>
>>14798450
Juuza is the absolute best.
>>
>>14800768
Sounds nothing like the anime soundtrack, I don't like it.
>>
>>14827685
Gō no Ken
>>
File: 10158-Punch_Mania_cabinet.jpg (117KB, 350x600px) Image search: [Google]
10158-Punch_Mania_cabinet.jpg
117KB, 350x600px
>>14827685
probably Nanto Suicho Ken or Jagi's Asshole Ken

I played the shit out of this back in the day. Fortunately the gloves weren't sensors like Mocap Boxing, so I could just use some fingerless gloves I already had for costumes.
It's sooooooooooo much fun to sperg out going WHATATATATATATATATATA WHAATAAAAAA playing it.
>>
>>14827685
NANTO SUICHO KEN
Nanto Hooh Ken was fuckin sweet shit too
that arctic wolf guy had some cool shit too i forget the name
>>
>>14827763
I thank God my semilocal arcade has one of these installed
>>
>>14827685
Gento Kō Ken Is some pretty cool shit
>>
File: you should be ashamed.jpg (34KB, 680x573px) Image search: [Google]
you should be ashamed.jpg
34KB, 680x573px
>>14827763
> not flex out muscle that ripped off shirt & start screaming ATATATATATATATATATATA WHATAAAA with flying punches
>>
File: 182-1594932360[1].jpg (19KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
182-1594932360[1].jpg
19KB, 320x240px
>>14827773
Ryuga, he was cool as shit.
>>
>>14827685
Gosha Enjō Ken Was cool too bad we got to see so little of it
>>
File: image.jpg (230KB, 640x855px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230KB, 640x855px
>>14827715
Reminder that he stole raoh's horse
>>
>Tfw arc system will never make a sequel to the ps2 fist of the North Star game
>>
>>14828271
How well does that emulate?

Or was there an Asian PC version or something?
>>
>>14828287
It emulates ok it goes from 40-50 during fights but it's enough where it doesn't hurt the gameplay also Ken-oh is bullshit
>>
So how are the Ken rage games
>>
>>14828814
Buggy as all fuck
>>
>>14828814
If you like musou games you're like it but if you don't that there isn't much for you
>>
The engilsh dub of the movie was something
https://youtu.be/8GmLnvkl0v8
>>
>>14827833
...Why does JC have a red eye?
>>
>>14825033
>anto Seiken is spread out over seven main styles

and then something like 100 brach styles
>>
So are the dd fist of the North Star and strawberry flavored manga translated?
>>
>>14828814
first is very good if a repetitive, the second has a lot more characters and the combat is faster but everything else is worse.
>>
>>14830052
Who's playable in the first and who's playable in the second?
>>
>>14831083
first: Kenshiro, Rei, Raoh, Toki, Souther, Jagi, Mamiya, Shin, Heart and "Outlaw"

second: Kenshiro, Rei, Raoh, Toki, Souther, Jagi, Mamiya, Shin, Amiba, Bart, Ryuga, Juza, Shu, Fudo, Rin, Falco, nameless Shura, Shachi, Han, Hyou, Kaioh, Ein and "Outlaw"
>>
>>14831335
There's a guy named nameless Shura are you kidding me
>>
>>14831335
You missed out that Heart is also playable in Ken's Rage 2.
>>
>>14831335
Still mad you had to pay for Ken's manga outfit in both games.
>>
>>14831467
Heart was such a weird chose As a playable character
>>
>>14831526
He definitely was, I think the main reason for his inclusion was to add a different play style in that wasn't as fast as the other characters, that said I'm making this up, maybe the guy designing move sets was really fat and decided to make one for heart so the other guys used it since the moves were already there. Also on the note of characters in Ken's Rage who was your favourite character to play between either of the games? Mine was Ryuga in 2.
>>
>>14831335
>>14831526
It should be noted that Heart was a pre-order exclusive for the first game, unless he's unlockable.

>>14831547
Also, Heart is famous for being the first guy outside of flashbacks to be able to actually hurt Ken (for a second or two, but still).
>>
>>14831467
>>14831557
Heart and Outlaw are DLC which you still can buy. A few of the characters in Ken's Rage 2 that I listed are also DLC but I don't know which.
>>
>>14831547
I like playing has fudo in 2 just for his super where he finger flicks people to death
>>
>>14831610
The dlc in 2 are nameless Shura, Han and amiba
>>
>>14827763
Love these machines.
>>
>>14827685
Gonna be basic but mine's is hokuto shinken
>>
>>14831557
I though heart was famous for being really fucking fat
>>
File: vader.jpg (510KB, 1280x1608px) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
510KB, 1280x1608px
>>14831557
the live action's not-quite-Heart legit knock Kenshiro out during filming
>>
>>14833423
There was a live action version of fist of the North Star?
>>
>>14833428
RoK HnK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTa6z6GqPWo
Western HnK
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAn_4b51c7o
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 300x410px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 300x410px
This would be toki's mech
>>
>>14833433
Oh boy guess I got some new trash to watch
>>
>>14833450
if you want more South Korea live action crap adaptations I highly recommend the Street Fighter II series
https://youtu.be/c-izgTjh8JQ
>>
>>14817434

The part where Kenshiro is riding off into the sunset on raoh's horse at the end of HnK2 and you see a montage of all the people he met along the way.
>>
File: kenn.jpg (164KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
kenn.jpg
164KB, 640x480px
>>14827857

>Raoh is... strong

This was actually a really good way of showing just how powerful Raoh was, Juuza thinking he's most likely going to die just trying to delay him after that whole show he put on.

There is a certain level of direction and attention to detail given in the anime regarding what characters say and how they react that I really love.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V3O9dDj4Ck Never gets old
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHzG42u15k4

If you haven't seen the french dub,you're missing out
>>
>>14821274
It's less that he listened to Jamie, but prodded his obsession with Julia.

He was nuts about her. A little kid could have 'convinced' him to take her.
>>
>>14833606
Everything about Raoh and how his character was executed is very subtle. The character development in both the show and the manga is some of the best, largely because they don't feel the need to always put it into words but instead show it in actions. HnK was a series that greatly preferred to show things through actions, and the dialogue was kept usually fairly brief but meaningful. The show especially is not only well written but extremely well directed.

People who think Ken or Raoh are flat characters literally just didn't get the show.
>>
What your favorite song from the anime mine's is I kill the fight
https://youtu.be/eoDn_scXqvQ
>>
>>14821260
If so it would be one of the few things he still had intact when he died.
>>
>>14821130
This
>>
>>14834103
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sal9dqnvz0
ARE YOU OKAY?
>>
>>14833433
>>14833450

The western movie is something special. It feels like they genuinely tried to make an actual HnK movie, but it just couldn't be done, not with their budget anyway.

The main actor has 2 facial expressions
>I just got hit
>I'm trying to not remember that my career's in my asshole right now

And play spot the product placement. But you can't keep up in the final scenes, it's fucking everywhere.
>>
>>14833591
>tfw yuria forever starts playing

Holy shit, my heart.
>>
>>14827685
throwing dynamite
>>
>>14834792
Do you think a good live action version could ever be made?
>>
>>14834846
http://hokuto.wikia.com/wiki/Nanto_Bakusatsu_Ken
>>
File: Nioh ninja arts.png (848KB, 637x861px) Image search: [Google]
Nioh ninja arts.png
848KB, 637x861px
>>14834846
>>
File: 135166.jpg (77KB, 282x341px) Image search: [Google]
135166.jpg
77KB, 282x341px
>>14834836

This and Purple Eyes really get to me.

Kenshiro truly loved Yuria, the entire scene at the end of the movie where Kenshiro is wandering through an apparent oasis of arcadia, the perfect and plentiful landscape, in the middle of a arid nuclear wasteland desert is what Yuria is like to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZYirKZe6Ns

If his life is the desert, then this scenery is what Yuria is in it.

I guess I can see why he'd forgive Shin for doing what he did, he can truly empathise with Shin. Bat asking Ken why he'd bury a man like Shin can never be actually answered, he just wouldn't understand.
>>
>>14834962
What about heart of madness?
>>
>>14835016

Catchy, awesome and badass 80's insert song set to cool action scene? I was speaking more about the visual direction that goes on when Purple Eyes plays rather than the song itself, it reinforces the moment.
>>
File: my instincts.jpg (32KB, 257x250px) Image search: [Google]
my instincts.jpg
32KB, 257x250px
>>14834962
My headcanon is the Purple Eyes scenes are what happens when Kenshiro is on his deathbed, after HnK2.

How's that for depressing?
>>
File: k.jpg (97KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
97KB, 640x432px
>>14835049

Kenshiro is most likely going to death frail and against a band of thugs that he normally always crushes, I think this was heavily hinted at in the end of the manga.

A more depressing thought is that landscape is something he reminisces oft about, the short moment in time when Yuria was in his life. His real waifu. Gone forever.
>>
So I just finished reading jagi gaiden and holy shit was that brutal. should I read the other gaidens?
>>
>>14835059
>Oh cool. Exploding heads and post apocalyptic Kung Fu
HnK is really good at hiding that its actually Manly Feels: the manga
I didn't expect those tears man
>>
>>14835877
Stop that, you should be a TOUGH BOY TOUGH BOY TOUGH BOY TOUGH BOY
>>
>>14833591
Yeah, I love that part too. HnK2 had its problems, but the very end, with like every OP and ED of both seasons playing and ending with the first ED, is great.
>>
>>14836218
>>14835877
Also, DO SURVIVE.
>>
>>14834792
I really like Rufio as Batt.
>>
File: hnk eva crossover.jpg (560KB, 1125x1600px) Image search: [Google]
hnk eva crossover.jpg
560KB, 1125x1600px
Oh, also, I found this in another HnK thread, I think. Eva is a crossover I wasn't expecting.
>>
File: hokuto no ken vs eva.png (330KB, 544x334px) Image search: [Google]
hokuto no ken vs eva.png
330KB, 544x334px
>>14836247
oh so this actually did happen?
>>
>>14835877
Hokuto no Ken is not just about how they fight, it's more about WHY they fight
>>
>>14836247
Is that from that parody manga strawberry flavored?
>>
>>14836331
I think so, yeah.
>>
>>14836247
Would hokuto shinken work on Eva's?
>>
>>14838025
Well they are organic so if he could get past the AT Field (which Musou Tensei might actually make possible) and punch off the armor plating, they theoretically would have nerves and pressure points under there somewhere. He'd just have to hit their vitals really REALLY hard for it to register. Humans are descended from Angels right? They're probably similar enough biologically speaking.
>>
>>14838025
Probably
>>
>>14838025

dude hokuto shinken is like two thousand years old, it cannot be defeated
>>
>>14836233
I actually like that song more than the first OP
>>
>>14838025

Basic flowchar of Hokuto Shinken

>punch it
>did punching it work

>yes
>omae wa mo shindeiru

>no
>try punching it a different way
>>
Why are the bandits so retarded in fist of the North Star did the nuke war fuck up they're brains or were they just born fucking retards
>>
>>14839420
The bandits are imageboard posters who had to get swole to survive. Without any internet they vent their frustrations on the rest of the world.
>>
>>14836233
>>14839381
KAWAITA KOKORO GA
>>
>>14839428
You know I could see that I mean the colonel's group are just a bunch of /k/fags
>>
File: noway_164.gif (72KB, 570x778px) Image search: [Google]
noway_164.gif
72KB, 570x778px
>>14839381
DO SURVIVE is like when they have special entrance music at the big pay per view to announce that it's the legendary go time.
>>
>>14836310
Sadly there are some people who just care about how they fight
>>
>>14839420
Because if you pay attention to the road warrior youll notice the particular bandit they all get their design aesthetic from was a Tard that could only talk in grunts and short phrases
>>
What's your favorite fight in the series?
>>
>>14839420
It's literally, "the strongest survive and get to do whatever the fuck they want"
As I recall, people were asking who they would fuck/rape during a purge on twitter, a while ago, and it was pretty popular.
>>14833444
Toki would pilot the Ultimate Gundam.
>>
>>14840177
Those are the people who say things like Ken and Raoh are poorly written. They are the people who are too stupid to understand a cartoon.
>>
File: 6.jpg (25KB, 322x239px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
25KB, 322x239px
>>14831371
Nameless Shura is this guy.
>>
>>14843399
Oh the guy who killed Falco. I'm still pissed about that fight
>>
>>14842774
The Ultimate Gundam seems too evil looking for toki
>>
>>14843123
I don't get how people can say Ken and raoh are badly written characters
>>
>>14845762
Who even says that? ANN? Reddit? /a/?
>>
>>14845776
I have met a couple people on /a/ who label them has just macho men who know Kung fu and the only difference they say is one is good and one is bad
>>
>>14843607

At least he's not some nobody, he was absurdly strong. He just was never given a name.
>>
>>14843399
He's also the inspiration for Claw from SF.
>>
File: scrnshot-00002.png (612KB, 768x448px) Image search: [Google]
scrnshot-00002.png
612KB, 768x448px
>>14845762
They will never understand
>>
What type of job did heart have before the nuclear war. Was he a McDonald's manager
>>
>>14845786

/m/ isn’t exactly the pinnacle of maturity or masculinity, but /a/ is even more full of effeminate, developmentally arrested ressentiment than most places on the Internet, and actually being confronted with the threat of real masculine self-development triggers the fuck out of them. That’s why they only like the philosophically unchallenging, le chuuni hotblooded XD type of manliness.
>>
>>14844388
So? It wasn't 'evil' until it's self-reprogramming. It was supposed to heal the damaged planet.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.