[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

best pilot in gundam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 5

let's determine together who is the best pilot in the whole gundam series, every century included
let us know your choice posting your personal ranking of the ones you consider having the best pilot skills and if possible with arguments

here i begin with my ranking

>char aznable
obvious reason, out of his charisma, he pilots his zaku 3 times faster than anyone, the red comet isn't a name just for the show
>haman karn
the space queen was the first to use fussell, her fight against kamille in zeta was certainly one of the best of the show revealing her newtype abilities in psychic battle where a mere human spirit cannot cross the border
>full frontal
being a clone of char help him a lot, he imposes his supremacy in spatial fights by the red comet's skills

i just don't like amuro...
thanks in advance for your kind participation
>>
Uso
>>
is gundam always that homoerotic?
>>
Amuro Ray is the best.
>>
Trant Clark.

He was best at dying.
>>
Didn't Tomino himself say that Amuro is the strongest? Which seems reasonable as he had both skill and strong newtype abilities. He noticeably dominated in the final battle between him and Char.

Kamille had a potential to become unstoppable death machine, but became a potato

Banana is the asspull master, so I prefer not to think about him

So in general I'd rank them as
Amuro>Char>Kamille>shit>your favourite pilot

>>14791119
No, sometimes it is much more homoerotic
>>
>>14791119
no, but if you ever watch zz and aren't still a kid, some scenes should suggest pedo crap
>>
Uso
>>
>>14791098
Best pilot from UC: Kamille or Char

Best pilot from AU: Graham, Master Asia and Bellri (aka Mr. Lethal warning shots)
>>
>>14791098
Char gets rekt constantly. Even after he gets suit upgrades.
He's not the best by any margin.
>>
>>14791489
>>14791098
To add onto that, Full Frontal similarly gets constantly rekt by Banana after the Daguza incident.
>>
>>14791489
>Best pilot from UC: Kamille or Char
come on, you can't mention UC and not mention Uso, he's the most innovative pilot in the franchise
>>
>>14791098

Really we should expect Amuro,Judau,Kamille, Char, Yazan, Haman, Scirroco, Gato,Uso and probably some others from Victor to be on the list if we are just doing UC. Strict rankings are quite difficult.

For example, Char has an incredible amount of
resilience, being able to survive against Haman and Scurrico in a far inferior suit than their's, and he managed to make Amuro struggle for 5 minutes( which is a long time for a late UC duel) before Amuro finally beat him in CCA. At the same time when you factor in the newtype powers of someone like Judau or the pure innovation of Uso it is hard to see who is the better pilot.Also, so many extra circumstances factor into Gundam battles and their pilot's performance that it is hard to determine who is really the best

I would guess that Amuro deserves top spot, but that that with a grain of salt. He seems to at the very least have the best mix of everything that makes a good pilot.
>>
Uso or Tobias from Crossbone.

Really, Amuro is just very accurate and shit, Usso and Tobias are downright creative when it comes to fighting.
>>
>>14791763
>Really we should expect Amuro,Judau,Kamille, Char, Yazan, Haman, Scirroco, Gato,Uso and probably some others from Victor to be on the list if we are just doing UC. Strict rankings are quite difficult.

No mention of Kincaid? He beat the Death Gales in their specced machines that each outclass the Gundam in their specialty, without even having his damn arms.
>>
>>14791098
Fon Spark if we include the ones who we don't wanna win. He's the strongest in what matters, wish fulfillment. Don't tell me you think moving those silly joystick is the key factor in determining who is the better pilot do you?

Yazan is the best non gimmick pilot but gimmicks basically go hand in hand with Gundam so he's more like the king of handicaps, and even then it's hard to say whether he's better than Johnny senpai.

I don't know how anyone could think Bellri is better relative to other AU pilots, to begin with G-Reco is a setting where literally everyone is shit at piloting due to the ridiculous length of peace period. Just the way how everyone acts all genki and bantz in the middle of combat already tells you they haven't even accepted in their hearts the true nature of war, it's merely just a bunch of man children playing war hoping things will go their way and Bellri has the best toys by a wide margin for the entire series. He may be by far the best pilot in G-Reco, but that doesn't mean much when even Jerid could probably fuck him up in equal conditions.
>>
File: latest.jpg (916KB, 1620x1152px) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
916KB, 1620x1152px
Shiro Amada; he goes solo 1-on-1 with a prototype Zaku-Rick-Dom thing using nothing but a Ball, then proceeds to kill the pilot's brother, and make her the mother of his child
>>
>>14791293
I like to think both Amuro and Char are kind of neck and neck in terms of Newtype power/raw piloting skill ratio, but in the final battle things are so damn intense and they are both so damn good that if either one made a single mistake, it was game over. Char ended up with that fate.
>>
>>14792229
Doesn't Char return as Full Frontal Nudity or some crap
>>
>>14792243
Full Frontal is a literal Char clone. Just so happened to be a vessel that encapsulated the hatred of Char's split Newtype soul.
>>
>>14792243
no
>>
>>14792258
How the hell does that even work wtf
So they cloned Char, and then his ~residual hatred that longs for revenge against the Earth~ somehow finds its way into the clone?!
>>
>>14792272
They clone Char. Char is a newtype. Dead newtype ghost hatred enter his mindholes. Now we have Full Frontal
>>
>>14792272
More or less. I assume someone from Neo Zeon picked up the psychoframe that was in Char's cockpit or something of the like in the wreckage after the Axis Shock. Using that in a similar manner to how EXAM works, it's possible they could've genetically grown or changed a man into Char and used that Newtype-brand Char Flavor Kool-Aid packets to create their very own Red Comet.
>>
>>14792229
Char was getting his ass kicked for pretty much every stage of his fight with the Nu, Amuro just was more pre-occupied with stopping Axis rather than dealing with Char until the end.
>>
File: 1473785484791.png (352KB, 640x477px) Image search: [Google]
1473785484791.png
352KB, 640x477px
I loved 0079 late in the series. Amuro would just start yelling and blowing shit up.
>>
>>14792319
I never got how people see it like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB89HFPsbDw

It's true that Amuro was doing his best to extend things so to give Bright's team time to blow up Axis, but it is not like Char was'nt a serious threat. While retreating he happened to find some Axis cruisers and go after them instead of charging at Char. But he was not having an easy time getting away from Char at all. By the end of the fight he was out of weapons and almost took a beam saber to the cockpit. If Char was really getting his ass kicked Amuro wouldn't have had to try as hard to get away from him and would have ended it after a few minutes of battle.

I think it is clear that Amuro comes off as the better pilot that fight. But people exaggerate to what degree allot I think.
>>
>OP says hes doesn't like Amuro when he knows damn well what the consensus of this thread will be
>>
>>14791293
Judau is better pilot than Kamille in every way
>>
>>14792258
No hes not a literal clone you faggot
Hes a Cybernewtype with plastic surgery and fake memories
>>
>>14793212
He has a bigger dick too
>>
>>14793284
That's retarded, to compare dick sizes of a boy and a girl
>>
>>14793177
This

This fight was also pretty much the only one where there was some noticeable difference in their skill
During 0079 if Char did lose that was often due to some external circumstances.
>>
>>14793210

But Amuro is shitlord and a kira prototype for most of the original Gundam
>>
>>14792229
I'm fairly certain its been stated that Char isn't a particularly powerful newtype, which is the reason he wasn't a big fan of remote weaponry on his suits and was forced to put funnels on the Sazabi.
>>
>>14794164
I think that maybe newtype abilities just show themselves differently for different people. For Amuro if was more about prediction of enemies' actions, for Kamille some kind of spiritual-women-friendship-magic, and for Char it was mostly like an innate talent for piloting. I mean, Amuro at least needed to read the fucking manual and some time to understand how ever works when he was piloting Gundam at the first time, while when Casval was shooting guntanks in the Origin he didn't hesitate a second.
And then in the battle of Loum - he couldn't physically have a lot of experience at piloting MS, and still destroyed five fucking Magellan classes with one Zaku.
>>
>>14793212
Girl's Name is a way better pilot.

Jewdough is just an OP Newtype
>>
>>14791098
>Here I begin with my ranking
>Char Aznable

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

Opinion discarded
>>
>>14792229

Amuro's better on both counts. He's a stronger newtype, and once Char ran out of fancy weapons and it became a close ranged skill fight he was taken out in short order. Nanai "distracting" him didn't mean anything either because Amuro took off his saber hand, and tore off enough cables and hit the head so hard that the cockpit monitors were glitching out.
>>
>>14793290
Underrated post.

Skill is one of those things that's more often than not a wide range, influenced by suit type, mental condition, external pressures, etc. What do you anons think is the best way to stratify rankings?
>>
>>14793306
By the end of the series Amuro was beating him pretty consistently. The final battle was only a draw because the Zeong is an overwhelmingly better suit.
>>
>>14792140
>Johnny senpai

You-you mean Johnny Ridden?
>>
>>14800953

On the other hand Char had no experience in the Zeong and it didn't even have melee, which was Char's specialty. The poor guy couldn't even do a Char kick with it. It was also a machine specifically made for strong newtypes like Lalah. Zeong is a complete mismatch for Char.

Amuro on the other hand had been in the Gundam the whole time and got the magnetic coating upgrade.

They tied in Texas colony before that and the battle with Lalah had too much interference for it to really count for anything. Sayla stoped Char from taking out Amuro and Lalah stoped Amuro from taking out Char.

Jaburo was probably Char's worst fight against Amuro, all things considered.

>>14800801
To be far, Char took out all of Amuro's
"fancy weapons" as well and almost cut open the Nu's cockpit. UC fights always go pretty fast. Char put up a very good fight even at the end there. Amuro is better, but Char was good enough that Amuro had to really work for the victory.
>>
File: IMG_1039.png (622KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1039.png
622KB, 1136x640px
Remember that time Yazan and Char were roommates?
>>
>>14801958
Amuro utterly trounced Char the second time he fought him in the Gelgoog. If it weren't for Lalah's intervention, Char would have died.
>>
While Amuro likely ends up stronger than Uso, if Uso had piloted as long as Amuro ended up piloting for, Uso would have outpaced Amuro easily.
>>
>>14791489
>Best pilot from AU: Graham, Master Asia and Bellri (aka Mr. Lethal warning shots)
>bellri
the guy that road Gselfs super robot powers all the way to ep 26? Setsuna is a top tier pilot as well.
>>
>>14802217

And Char could have killed Amuro if Sayla's core fighter didn't get in the way of his naginata attack, which caused Char to stop the attack, pause, and get distracted, giving Amuro his chance to kill Char, which Lalah took the hit for, dying herself.

That is by no means Amuro "trouncing" Char.
>>
>>14791098
Who other than Tobias has managed to steal a hostile, piloted gundam while on-foot?

Though despite everything, Bernie did manage to take down a motherfucking gundam with a zaku...
>>
How do the mains in Thunderbolt match up with these others?

Not like they had any powers or anything
>>
>>14802608
Garrod stole a Jenice with a fucking bottlecap.
>>
File: UC kill counts.png (148KB, 1926x959px) Image search: [Google]
UC kill counts.png
148KB, 1926x959px
>>
>>14802618
I don't think anyone else ever tried to sell their gundam off either.
>>
>>14791772

The thing about creativity in a fight is that accuracy beats it.

By the time they founds a creative solution to a problem, Amuro OUT FUCKING SKILLED the problem already.

On the battlefield, it's all about the efficiency, and Amuro is the most efficient.
>>
>>14794486
Nooo Tomino said Kamille has more raw Newtype ability while Judau has mote Willpower
>>
>>14802788
Slightly off. He just said Kamille is the strongest Newtype and Judau is the strongest person (willpower). Kamille was much more attuned to his abilities. Judau not so much, his feats were all unconscious IIRC
>>
>>14801958
>Char took out all of Amuro's "fancy weapons

And Amuro had less of those fancy weapons to start with because he had to fight his eay through literally Char's whole army, Gyunei and a hugely powerful Mobile Armor before he even got to Char. Which is something you 'Look how awesome Char is!' fags always ignore; that the final duel was between a well rested, fresh as a daisy Char and a fatigued Amuro who had been fighting for hours and he still got his ass kicked.
>>
1-Amuro Ray
2-Uso/Char/Klim Nick
3-Harry Ord/Mr Bushido/Zechs Merquise
>>
Nobody remembers CHALIA BULL
>>
Best is Amaro.

Runners up- Uso, Ali al Saachez, Yazan, Kamille, J. Ridden, Graham Aker

Everyone else like Banana, Bellri, etc. are too carried by their mech
>>
Asemu Asuno was able to kill two more advanced MS hand to hand his first time piloting a Gundam ever and took one guy out with his buddy's severed arm.
>>
>>14802837
Well kamille does turn into newtype Yoda, while still rehabing. Guy clearly knew what he was doing when it came to his newtype abilities.
>>
Patrick Colasour could survive a battle with every single one of the guys you mentioned
>>
>>14802624
Uso is a absolute madman
13 y/o madman
>>
>>14801958
>Char was good enough that Amuro had to really work for the victory.

As I recall there are only 2 time Amuro show a slight concern during battle. First when he was surrounded by the Alpha bits and second when he push Axis away from Earth.

Majority of the battle between Amuro keep his composure and act like a soldier would act. While Char still trying to preach to Amuro about his view on mankind during the battle.
>>
>>14801891
Wait there's more than one Johnny in Gundam?
>>
>>14803297
No one doubts that anon. Only Father Time could defeat Patrick and that's assuming no one clones him or something in the future.
>>
>>14804625

He could gain immortality by fusing with ELS, who then replicate him and his consciousness through their hive mind.
>>
>>14804637
So he will just out last everyone else since he no longer has to worry about getting shot down all the time? Truly invincible.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.