[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post mecha show ideas you have and we'll judge them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 10

File: IMG_0329.jpg (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0329.jpg
176KB, 600x600px
Post mecha show ideas you have and we'll judge them
>>
I really want to see a super robot MOTW show but from the perspective of the big bad.

Either that or an anime about a group of people working on a musical stage play about robots, the final episode is the play in it's entirety that they worked on all season.
>>
Space autism boy pilots dads big robot to save the world or something idk
>>
There's two warring factions, who are basically the federation and Zeon, and they have Mobile suits. But during a battle, two warring gods descend and decimate both sides. A ceasefire is called and both sides start changing the mobile suit designs to fight close ranged opponents.

its a fighting game
>>
A crazy granddad his grandkids and his junk bot are Forced to go on adventure to save there grandma after being kidnapped
>>
>>14765417
Mazinger Z actually does a good job of that first one as the series progresses IMO.

Second idea's goodness in /m/ terms would probably depend on the SOL shenanigans/action ratio.

>>14765418
Mite b cool

>>14765427
I can't judge this quite as much because I don't know how things would play out in the literal sense. Are you playing the gods? A MP MS fighting against them and their goons? I can't tell.

Generic idea;
Space war in which multiple species unite in coalitions and what have you and fight over things. Humanity isn't really the species focus or what have you, they're just another race, amongst such others as lizardmen, automatons, grays, etc, and with civilians of all groups being a universally disheartened and gloomy bunch.

Each species is not an individual united entity and has multiple factions, such that for instance there are several different groups of lizardmen all of whom disagree with each other. All species and subgroups have various forms of combat vehicles for use in space, on planets, etc. You get MS type robots, more general space fighters, super robots, etc. of varying aesthetic and strength, and battles on a medley of different fields.

The story would mostly follow a human MC and a few buds as they watch some of the medley of alliances and coalitions go through cycles of revolutions, infighting, ordinary wars against each other, and other shenanigans, occasionally told in the form of interviews with various refugees, soldiers, etc. as well as more ordinary battle scenes. Comedy and dark comedy heavy, drama free.
>>
>>14765469
The idea I had so far is that the gods just view it as sort of a game, and take sides. And it's a 1v1 street fighter game with mechs and gods. That's all I got so far
>>
Classic super robot show seen through random bystanders.
>>
A standalone ultraman o.v.a done in the 80's style
>>
>>14765565
of course unmolested by hanna barbera
>>
Silent black screen prologue card reads:

TEHRAN, REPUBLIC OF IRAN
2-9-2055

a bunch of beige colored mono eyed GM looking mobile suits adorned with Abrams type reactive armor playing on their torsos and the familiar omni-directional IR smoke launchers on their shoulders are striding through a bombed out city. A pair of next gen AH-64U Apache Helicopters fly in the opposite direction. On the ground semi-futuristic LAV-25s drive alongside the mono-GMs, passing gutters full of civilian corpses and various animals picking away at them. Infantry bearing the American flag patch carrying Tavor assault rifles and servo-frame exoskeletons hitch rides on the feet of the mobile suits. They look battered and mentally shaken, each carrying a longer stare than the last.

The camera cuts to the cockpit of one of the mobile suits, where a figure in US Army pilot fatigues wears a full breathing mask. All that is heard is the dry hissing of his own breathing behind the mask and a bit of inaudible radio chatter. The camera focuses on his eyes behind the visor of his pilot helmet. They're bright blue, his eyebrows furrowed in what appear to be equal parts fear and seriousness. This shot along with the sounds and the occasional blink persist for 30 seconds. No music plays at all throughout the scene.

"Kronos Actual, Battlemage, update over."

A young but gravelly male voice responds to the transmission from behind the mask.

"Battlemage, Actual, send traffic."

"Be advised, Falchion is reporting EM sigs about a klick north of your pos, too small for an MS but be on the lookout for Railguns, out."
>>
>>14765611
Another 30 second period of breathing and radio over eerie silence entails.

On the side monitor, what looks like a horizontal lightning bolt pierces one of the mobile suits straight through dead center mass. The mobile suit simply freezes where it stands as the heartrate monitor bar appearing over the unit's head on the HUD flatlines.

The man looks to his left side monitor and raises his eyebrows in surprise. He looks toward the origin of the bolt before growling "Motherfuckers..." To himself angrily. The scene cuts to the outside as his mobile suit raises an arm mounted Gatling gun. The camera pans up to reveal the head, with face vents, two eyes, box chin, and a V-fin.

As the gun begins to spin up, another silent black title card abruptly cuts in. After a couple seconds, plain text appears:

MOBILE SUIT GUNDAM

KNIGHTS OF SHAME
>>
ryuki/gaim with giant robots

like some kind of secret battle royale and each guy has a mech instead of being a superhero, and when they kill another mech they can use their parts, and their's kaiju attacking people but all the pilots only care about stopping them if it helps them in the battle royale
>>
New Macross series where the main singer is totally disconnected from the war because they're just a regular singer.

MC is already dating the singer and the triangle is based on him trying to be loyal to a long-distance relationship despite having a love interest in the military who shares common interests (they did both sign up for active service, after all) and also is right there.

And instead of harkening to classic wars the conflict is done entirely against guerilla terrorists who all use cheap and just barely functional machines to modernize the warfare as well as build love triangle drama since there is no clear endgame point where the NUNS can declare mission complete and return home.

I just realized I probably just described a more complicated Hoshi no Koe
>>
A guy pilots a giant robot his son built.
>>
File: image.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>14765624
Make it his wife's son
>>
An illegal mobile suit sport in which people descend to earth in their mobile suits as fast as possible without burning up in the atmosphere. Weapons are permitted. Sell it as a one shot ova and call it Mobile G-Force or something.
>>
>>14765651
I like this.
>>
>>14765651
This seems like a good idea but it should be expanded to include more illegal MS sports. Stuff like running at full gallop with people in one's manipulators, weaponless wrestling, that kind of thing.
>>
>>14765681
Yeah. Angle it towards the whole street gang thing. See mobile suits in their down time. Show off gangs pimping their rides out with custom colours and stuff before they go wrassling in the underground mobile suit fight club.
>>
>>14765696
Personaly I don't think gangs need to be a part of it, it's just normal folks and other rubes doing dangerous things for fun and profit. Gangs could be involved but they wouldn't have to be the ones running everything. I was thinking more stuff like Battling from VOTOMs, or stuff like the drunken Walker Machine fight in Xabungle.
>>
Alien artifact falls to a recently colonized planet at the peak of its civilization after humanity casts aside religion in favor of reason and science. (*tip*) Brings about a cult uprising of people who believe a way to obtain immortality exists, Gains alot of followers. they work together to gain power to control world's resources, use it to build a huge space colony to leave the planet and go out and achieve godlike power. everything is destabilized in the aftermath and war breaks out. People repurpose construction mechs into highly advanced combat mecha and fight to restore order, eventually a special team of former mercs forms up, looking to work together to put and end to the cultist faction, who look to use the godlike power to rule the planet as well as the universe .
>>
>>14765456
I like that
>>
File: 1982144126.jpg (183KB, 594x427px) Image search: [Google]
1982144126.jpg
183KB, 594x427px
well I'm thinking
Start off with a clear image of the closing days of WWI, and a mech showing up over the enemy trenches Eventually it's torn apart by artillery shell, but it does a lot to break the trenches. Skip a little and have the protagonist and his friends breaking into the enemy facility that makes the robots, and have the friend stealing the plans for it. After that skip forward several years into what amounts to a 1920's all art deco setting that combines the Best and worst of New York, Chicago, and Detroit at the time. The protagonist is now a private eye, who quite the cops due to their rampant corruption and collusion with the major mob families. While investigating one case he stumbles between a fight between gangs and th next thing he sees is the same type of robot from the great war. The gangs are using them against each other. Later after he escapes, his friend who stole the plans earlier contacts him. His friend is from a family who produces automobiles and other industrial type things Think like he's Henry ford's son. He offers the main character a mech he built to try and make the city safe from the mob families that run it. The story goes from there and the finale enemy is a scientist from the old enemy during the war who is now selling his robots for profit to the mob families.
>>
I posted this in an older thread and have since come up with some new ideas for it. A super robot parody that directly pokes fun at cliches of super robot shows. Some episodes would be:

>After learning that swords, drills, and hammers have all be used as finishing weapons before, the team goes to a hardware store to choose a new, original weapon.
>The leader pilot loses his voice after yelling too much, and struggles to activate the voice-command weapons during battle.
>The robot is almost completely destroyed by the enemy. The mid-season upgrade is ready to go, but the composer hasn't finished writing its insert theme yet, and it can't launch.
>The villians steal the heroes' stock footage, and study it to look for an attack opening.
>>
A fantasy mecha where the MC is a giant dragon that transforms into a humanoid form when he draws a giant magic sword. I want to set up this idea of there being several ancient heroes cursed with the form of a monster. Because of this they're left wandering the earth feared by the land. Of course MC and a few other more legendary heroes are later blessed by divine power with tools that allow them to fight as they once did before. The plot would be trying to find a way to break the curse while fighting actual giant monsters and protecting villages and kingdoms with the new power.

I want a Betterman/Runegod hybrid look for these humanoid forms. I don't want to make the forms rather monstrous but I still want the monster elements to be distinguishable.
>>
An idea I came up with as a kid and I sorta have been working on and off on it over the years. It sorta started when I read 1984 back in Middle School and sorta wanted to have a dystopian world with robot conflicts.

Basically, the world is divided into multiple factions, each with their own political ideology. They're constantly having wars with one another, but the real purpose is to distract the citizens and keep them working to support the upper class. In reality, the leaders of all the factions are closely working together and are on amiable terms. In fact, in the current generation, they may as well be best pals.

Overall story is that the son of a mercantile family that's close to one of the ruling classes ends up returning home and feeling very disgruntled with everything. He gets in touch with subversive elements who are seeking to overthrow the ruling class and ends up working with them towards victory.

Certain events reveal to him that the group he was helping was nothing more than another ploy to keep people distracted, and the people he supposedly helped depose and slay were just tired of being in the public eye and had set this all up so they could retire peacefully.

From this point on, it's just the guy exploring the different factions, meeting people from other places and wondering if there's really any point in going against the system.

If I had to pitch it in one sentence: "Code Geass's rebellion clashes with VOTOM's search for a purpose in a strange world."
>>
>>14765616
I like this
>>
giant robots fighting each other
>>
File: amputee F6.png (151KB, 292x346px) Image search: [Google]
amputee F6.png
151KB, 292x346px
Cute amputee robogirls doing cute things.

One is a nice girl who likes being a doll and doing doll things
One is a megalomaniacal rogue AI trying to conquer the world
One is a tomboy who really wishes she could have limbs

And they go on adventures in their owner's mansion.
>>
>>14766636
>Basically, the world is divided into multiple factions, each with their own political ideology. They're constantly having wars with one another, but the real purpose is to distract the citizens and keep them working to support the upper class. In reality, the leaders of all the factions are closely working together and are on amiable terms. In fact, in the current generation, they may as well be best pals.
This sounds pretty interesting
>>
File: 1460219318945.jpg (9KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1460219318945.jpg
9KB, 256x256px
After a great war for resources where mecha technology was developed, and time of general peace was created for the main setting as they had everything they needed and the major opposing power to them was decimated. This left no use for the mecha technology they had, until the technology was adapted for commercial use to create racing mecha. As mecha races took off, the technology quickly changed from the sturdy, hard, high powered yet sluggish wartime to sleeker, lighter, lower-powered but much faster machines.

Mecha became a regular commodity, buying a small one wasn't much more expensive than buying a good car, but professional machines in the mecha equivalent of F1 were ridiculously expensive.

About a hundred years later most old mecha are destroyed and recycled into new racers [or outright small powerstations due to the energy in their cores from the crystals, which the great war was over obtaining more of], a 40-year-old guy decides he's sick of running his dead grandad's junkyard, and takes his life savings and sells his truck and as much crap from the yard as he can to buy a small mecha and compete in a local race, making his debut.

Crashes the mecha beyond repair, is broke as shit. He goes to the last resort he's got... repairing the mostly-stripped down, war-damaged mecha his grandad turned into the junkyard's power supply with whatever he can get his hands on and using it in underground illegal mecha fighting tournaments featuring in the lower levels some newbies with modified cheap racer models, mid-tier some ex-racers with their more powerful faster official machines, and at the highest levels people with machines using older wartime components or outright refurbished war mecha like his own, all competing for cash prizes.

He aims to make it to the top, win the prize money, buy the best god damn racing mecha he can find and get some good lessons too.

His 17 year old daughter is his mecha's mechanic, she's cute
>>
A Mecha show but actually good for once in the genres existence
>>
Ground war during the oyw. I'm talking foot soldiers and tanks. The MS are just in the back drop. they are talked about you know they are out there, they just aren't the focus of the show.

It's would follow a platoon of Fed soldiers. They do have a few confrontations with zeek MS and occasionally link up with Fed MS teams. Set during the same time as 08th ms team. Last few EPs would be about the end battle with the ez 8 in the background.
>>
>>14765732
The BBG is a tomato?
>>
3 years ago, humanity finally met life outside of the Earth, and are challenged to fight in the Galactic Matches for their race's position among the other races.

The Galactic Matches are a series of fights set on the home planet of a newly discovered race, where the new race has to fight off the representative of each race in a brutal fight that can take place anywhere on the planet. The only rule in these fights is that only "Guardians" are allowed to be used, and those Guardians have to carry the "pride" of the race they represent, and that is simply done by building them in the likeness of the race.
And so, humanity, with the help of some kind aliens, started building several humanoid Guardians. However, the first match started before any of the Guardians were ready. If they do not show up for the fight, the opponent would rampage through the planet, if they tried to fight it without a Guardian, the Earth would be glassed for breaking the rules of the Galactic Matches.
In desperation, they sent in the Guardian that was the closest to being complete. The fight was really close, and humanity won, albeit with a bit of luck, as the Guardian's core started to overload and with a failing coolling system, the metal on it heating up to extreme temperatures and started to glow.
Ironically, it was the overloading core that led to humanity's first victory, when the opponent's cockpit was exposed, the core shot out a stream of boiling coolant liquid into the opponent's cockpit from one of its cracks and killed the pilot.
And it was all the more ironic that the first Guardian's battered and glowing appearance at the end of the fight became the basis for the symbol that all humanity Guardians have painted on them, the "Titan of Light".

3 years after the first battle, we follow the ongoing Guardian battles from the point of view of the pilot of the first Guardian, who had been deeply traumatised by his first and last fight in a Guardian.
>>
Highschool show where the high schoolers are all mecha pilots. They go on dates in their mechs and there is even a school dance with everyone in their mechs dancing.
>>
>>14767189
A German tomato
>>
>>14766992
10/10 would watch god damn me and my thing for amputees and robots
>>
>>14767309
God no
>>
>>14767309
Do they awkwardly lose their virginities after prom by having their mechs bump and grind?

Is it considered kinky for the two lovers to switch mechs before getting down and dirty?
>>
In a cyberpunkish cavemen era, humans are savage predators concerned with survival, as they are not that high in the food chain. The world is populated by biomechanical animals of all sizes: Plane-birds, tank-elephants, submarine-fish, car-lions, F1-cheetahs, motorcycle-wolves and so on.
There are also weirder animals, like tanks with legs (Think of a T-Rex with human legs, stubby human arms and a tank's body/head) and the scariest ones, giant flesh/metal humanoids.

The protagonist tribe haven't got memory of how they got there, and are learning to survive. Food is comes from artificial plants, pre-packaged food and human cannibalism. The animals are killed to get technologically-advanced tools.
Humans learn to interact with animals in various ways: Tame them, enslave them or bond in a parasitistic way. Piloting them can be done via riding them or getting inside their bodies with force, like a brain parasite.
The first twist is this one: humans are sterile and artificially-grown, and they fix and sometimes create the machine-animals themeselves. The machines (Mostly older ones) breed humans. In fact, pregnant robots are mostly piloted by their own offspring.
From here on, it's all about survival, making communities and dominance.

The second twist is: If a human can pilot an animal-themed robot, who says that a real animal can't pilot a human-themed robot? Or any other robot, in fact.

Basically a Planet of the Apes/Horizon/Zoids/Matrix mashup.
I came out with the rough idea when I tried to design the most ridiculous mech that I could think of (a pregnant tank with female legs and a gun and knife on each little T-Rex arm, with a TJ Kong-like madman suggestively riding the tank cannon -with guns, of course-)
>>
We take the setting of muv-luv and give it to someone who can actually write a poltical war drama
>>
Another one:

In the last moments of WWII, Japan desperately devises a superweapon: A Exo-Squadish, humanoid samurai-like jet.
Of course, it fails pathetically in battle, as a real mecha would.

Surprisingly enough, its main engineering team turns into a powerful Zaibatsu mostly by selling the humanoid technology as intimidating riot suits against the 60s/70s mass protests.
From there on, it's a tale of conflicting generations: The despotic Zaibatsu boss' rise to power (40s-50s, WWII tech), her older daughter's boycotting of her parental lifestyle (60s-70s, riot suits), his nihilist Bosozoku grandson (80s-90s, gimmicky transforming vehicles) and his great-granddaughter's desires to end her legacy (00s-10s, military power suits/drones).

Basically, 20th century Japan told with mechs.
>>
>>14769922
This
>>
A highly charismatic, extremely ambitious general, deep in debt and desperate for plunder, launches an invasion of a neighboring land, filled with rich and powerful (but divided) states. The story follows a lowly pilot in one of the general's armies trying to make it through the brutal battles. It will also heavily feature combat in formation for the protagonist faction, and lots of bling for the antagonists.
>>
File: 013.jpg (849KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
849KB, 1133x1600px
Make an old school cyberpunk series about an office of headhunters.

Use colorful megaman/sentaish designs
>>
>>14765563
So...people traped in crumbling buildings struggling to survive or evacuate the city?

I could dig that.
>>
>>14765563
There's literally a video game coming out based on that premise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_zccLwW4dE

Godzilla, Ultraman and Evangelion are confirmed for making appearances
>>
>>14767309
Several puns about "riding" and "is inside me" included I guess.
>>
File: Lan_Hikari.jpg (70KB, 481x357px) Image search: [Google]
Lan_Hikari.jpg
70KB, 481x357px
>>14766992
For some reason this weird premises are the ones that sound more interesting.

And worst part is that probably later if we had an anime like that I would rant about "adding cute girls doing cute things into fucking everything" and would wish there was more "traditional" stuff.

But damn, when we are talking about premises certainly the ones with gimmicks and weird stuff always sound better than the straight thing.
>>
>>14765406
In the magically saturated world of Ao where even small continents fly in the sky, civilizations managed to combine the powers the world has with various technological achievements that resulted in a meteoric advancement in many fields of both magical and mechanical. One of these was the creation of the arca-mechs. Giant warmachines that range from humanoid to animalistic, as well as forms that do not look like any of the two.

Aidan Windstrider, a young officer and skilled arca-mech pilot of the Eleran Imperium who served faultlessly for five years, was sentenced to a lifetime of prison with his four crewmen for assassinating a representative of the Maragan Empire and murder of his captain. The truth however is that the representative was already dead when the team arrived to escort him, and their captain was murdered by unknown arca-mechs. Knowing they did no wrong, the group manages to escape before they were transported, steal their arca-mechs and a transport barge.

Now hunted by both the Elerans and the Maragans, the soldiers cast away the blue and gold of their nation and adopted black and metallic set of clothes. Calling themselves the Steel Ravens, a group of mercenaries, the team takes on mercenary jobs while also looking for clues on finding the real culprits and clear their name. Over time they'll be joined by others who also are looking for the same people as they, yet these braves will also find out something that is much more than they bargained for...

Think Front Mission: Escaflowne and Dumbine Edition.
>>
>>14767057
Thanks.

In all honesty, it's been retooled heavily over the years. As I mentioned, I wrote it in Middle School, submitted it for a class and got the best grade in the whole year for it. I felt super proud about it and all that, but then a few years later I reread it and realized it wasn't as amazing as my teacher had made it out to be. Well written for a 7th gradeESL student, sure, but that's not much of an achievement as an adult.

I kept reworking it, adding to it, and then ended up with what you saw in that post. I work a regular job these days, but back then I had the dream of making it as a writer. Obviously it never went anywhere, but I'm still holding onto the dream of possibly making something out of that short story I submitted so long ago.
>>
>>14765406

X-COM but with mospeadas and VFs in a human society that's just developing supernatural/psychic powers.

It was thought that the bulk of the alien invaders were defeated in war years ago and only rogue remnants remain, but the main force have hidden themselves away and infiltrated.

Alien incursions are fought by small, quickly-deployed squads of mospeada-style powered armor troops carried into battle by VF-transports(think of the Legioss+TREAD combo).

Of course, it's not X-COM without ALIEN TECH RESEARCH. Eventually power armors get more awesome and you have literal Guyvers/Kamen Riders.

Maybe this is better for a game though.
>>
Giant Robots vs Golgo 13
>>
>>14771042
I like it! The plot justifies the monster-of-the-week format, the mid-season upgrade, and you've bridged the toku is /m/ toku is not /m/ divide
>>
Android/faux-humans are all the rage, they're technically just artificial humans without any bells and whistles. The exception is artificial superheroes, which are extremely popular and the developed countries have at least a handful to deal with all sorts of crime. They're immensely powerful and are nothing less than state of the art death machines with a mind, but they're dumber and have more stringent failsafes to prevent them for acting on their own. The fact that they're colorful super heroes is used to gloss over the fact that they're basically secret police of the political majority to enact "justice" as they see fit against whomever they want within the countries.

One day a few of androids working as aides in various governments go rogue and disappear for several years after taking trips on taxpayers' dollars, until they pop up in a small island in the Caribbean and set up a small independent city-state of some sort. They demand rights for robots calling themselves the Children of Man, arguing that they were created in the image of man and have become like them (insert Biblical allegories). At first things don't go well and this uprising causes a lot of fear among the humans who turn their wrath against domestic androids, thinking there will be a violent revolution. Things don't go well at first but the UN tries to achieve a peaceful resolution, but naturally some countries go behind their actions in the UN and prepare for the worst case scenario by mobilizing military forces mostly as a precaution and show of force. At the same time, as robots migrate to the island the human population is displaced (typically not by force, just because of flocking) which creates further tensions which sometimes erupt in violence.
>>
>>14772000

Seeing the two-faced actions of the UN vs. independent nations as human scheme, some androids go ahead and secretly attack the human militaries near the robot island. Calls for war are popular, especially from the humans bordering the robot nation, which has grown to include multiple islands. Things don't come to a head until a bomb is set off in a robot rally in a bordering nation, resulting is a civil war between the humans and robots in the country. The robot nation steps in as a peace-keeping force but they're obviously biased in favor of the robots. The false image of peace and cooperation deteriorates as NA steps in with their militaries, which still relies heavily on "dumb" infrastructure which requires manual control so to speak, as well as their superheroes.

The "superheroes" are deployed first along with some support to aide in peacekeeping. The robot nation makes the first move by ambushing the superheroes and shutting down a handful of them to be "freed" (having their AI, among other things, upgraded and indoctrinated to be pro-robo). The US is the first to act by declaring war but by then the upgraded heroes are already fielded. They're intelligent and powerful enough to lay waste to whatever the US can deploy. After seeing their own success the robots become confident and begin taking over the entire region and creating an empire. They declare that a benevolent and hyper-rational dictator is the ideal for government and pick the US's top (and most advanced) hero, Antares, to be upgraded into their leader. He uses every and excuse to wage war and expand his empire. Soon the robots are the dominant power on Earth, and much like the humans that created them, are prone to greed, delusions of grandeur, and cruelty. Rather than wipe them out outright Antares proposes that the dumb and inefficient humans should be replaced altogether by machines, and so proposes forced sterilization, which is met with protests that fall on deaf ears.
>>
>>14772004

Fortunately, not all of Antares's opponents are humans. Many of androids themselves. The protagonist is a lower-end hero - whose name has the meaning of: sun - that was still in testing phases when the uprising happened. Unlike many of the other heroes he was created with a human-like intelligence and spent time his creators, seeing the head researchers as his mother and father, and their little kids as his own siblings, and the rest of the staff as extended family and friends. After seeing the despair of humans he vows to protect the smiles of the humans. He's forced to join a impromptu rebellion that manifests itself when a robo military comes in to give sterilization shots to the local humans. From there he fights his way across the globe, gaining sympathizers and allies along the way.

His nature is honest and somewhat innocent, believing in justice and other cute things. In the end he's forced to become more deceptive and cruel like the things he fights in order to win. Almost everyone dies, including his family, most of the humans, his obligatory human waifu, and fellow heroes. His backup robo-waifu is damaged in a way that the only way to fully repair her is to basically shut her down and scrap most of her body, which her conscienceness as it is might not survive because their "brains" rely on mechanical processes not too dissimilar from a human brain. The MC himself is embedded and trapped on the wreckage of a moon base where he'll remain until he becomes the next villain in the inevitable sequel so he can give a compelling speech about how justice and peace and such things are delusions living beings use to ease their existence and faith in each other, to which the next MC will respond "Even so."
>>
>>14772017

The part 1 MC will beat the shit out of part 2 MC but be inspired by his struggle to continue even when faced with hopelessness. The end will be a shot of the part 1 MC off wandering the world in human form with his cripple robo-waifu saying, "I guess this is fine" and kissing her, implying it's okay to be content in one's delusions and idealism in order to continue living. Thus meeting the requirement for some philosophical nonsense at the very end of the show.

I call it. "Robots are Complex"
>>
>>14765406
Show about a mech control designer having to be the pilot of the mech they are designing.
>>
>>14772042
Zeta Gundam
>>
>>14772046
Im asking for more slice of life though.
>>
Ok, so take Thunderbolt.

Still with me?

Now take that jazz and throw it in the trash.

Yeah?

Replace it with Eurobeat.

And finally the main Gundam has a Dom-like skating ability.

Takes place solely on Earth, no Space.
>>
>>14772086
>Now take that jazz and throw it in the trash.
I'd rather keep the jazz and toss the rest of it
>>
File: 46456.jpg (26KB, 530x525px) Image search: [Google]
46456.jpg
26KB, 530x525px
I just got a stupid idea that could work: a robot of the week show.

There's only a single and really powerful monster rampaging, and the good guys need to create a robot that can defeat it. They fail every single episode and try to improve the robot or create new designs from scratch after what they learned in the previous fight, and finally manage to kill the monster in the last episode after a really epic fight (cue the "we managed to do this thanks to everyone" scene when they remember all the lost previous robots and comrades when they land the final blow).

To make it more interesting, several good (or not that good) organizations competing to defeat it first (in some cases for shady reasons) and a charismatic group of mechanics are needed too.

I think it could work as a short show.
>>
>>14772108
Yeah, Neo Ranga was pretty rad
>>
People slap mechanical legs to the chassis of existing tanks and battleships and have them duke it out, because reasons.

You know you want a clunky chickenwalker Sherman.
>>
Giant corpses are found on mars, awakens a destructive alien force that begins to attack earth. The survivors of mars' first colony begin to fight the creatures with giant machines.
>>
A series where a small beetle larva is made to pilot a giant robot (about 4 feet long with the cockpit area being 2 inches) shaped like a stag beetle made of metal built by his ded father. He fights against mysterious invaders that have four limbs and metal masks. """twist""" at the end are the invaders are human exterminators.
>>
The Internet evolves into a network that runs on the "donated" brains of passed on people, because what's a faster computer than the human brain? People can even create androids of their passed-on loved ones (or any known person from history really) from what memories are still hanging around.

Protag is a dude looking up stuff for his report until he sees his dead sister pops up out of nowhere and tells him that she's still actually alive within the network. And everyone else is too. Upon investigating the situation and dodging businessmen who want him dead, the protag ponders life and death and decides if he should kill the whole thing or not.
>>
>>14772086
Does the mech drift? Does the MC's dad make him pilot it with fragile foodstuffs in the cockpit to learn control?
>>
>>14772311
At first glance it sounds like a good mystery horror plot but isn't it sort of obvious that they're "alive" if people are creating androids of the dead? Even if they didn't create them that must mean the original is floating around in there somehow if it can be retrieved with such trivial effort that anyone can have it done.
>>
I brought this up in a SRW thread ages back but here goes

It is the indeterminate future which looks like 90s Japan. The setting is a fancy town with a very flash high school.

Our hero is a sukeban who got expelled for being disruptive and lowering the tone. Her grandfather is an ex-employee of a massive robotics corporation.

Grandpa teaches her how to pilot a mech but is arrested for stealing company secrets...

The student council president of her former school is the CEO of the robotics company's son, and he is a stereotypical asshole, all oily hair, nasal voice and obsession with discipline. His girlfriend is a stereotype ojou-sama. Together they pilot daddy's robot, a glorious looking super robot with a Gunbuster-style launch sequence, military march theme etc. They are fucking useless pilots and once you get past the shiny exterior their mech is worse than Daiguard.

On the other hand, they end up winning fights by a mixture of comedy antics and a mysterious helper in a yoyo-wielding fembot which appears like a mix of Rom Stol and Tuxedo Mask with a speech about how while this school may be rotten and this city may be corrupt, her soul ain't sunk so low as to see it destroyed.

The bad guys are an alien empire's property developers and entertainment moguls trying to demolish the town so their space princess pop idol client can get a new summer holiday home.
>>
>>14772374
the androids are imitations
if they're REALLY alive then it's horrifying
>>
>>14765406
This:
>>14777472
>>
>>14776601
Not really
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.