[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How true is this in terms of mech pilots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 12

File: unknown.png (358KB, 609x461px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
358KB, 609x461px
How true is this in terms of mech pilots
>>
>>14762834
Varies wildly from series to series.
Obviously Sayaka doesn't really seem as good as Koji, for example but she at least seems a smidge better than Boss.

This may be a little more to do with their robots frankly.
>>
>>14762844
To be fair on Sayaka, the Aphrodite A is terrible. The fact she survives using it is a testament to her ability.
>>
File: MakiShaming.png (1MB, 1199x899px) Image search: [Google]
MakiShaming.png
1MB, 1199x899px
Generally speaking, a few girls can catch up to the same level, but never really get significantly better than the boys. This mostly because MCs of mecha tend to be boys, and that creates a huge powergap between them and everyone else. If you take ZZ Gundam for example, Elle and Roux are pretty competent pilots by the end, but Judo's insane newtype abilities just outdo everything. If a girl is the MC, she might have a character arc that builds her to being a better pilot, an example being Noriko from Gunbuster
>>
File: HOTBLOODEDTENNISACTION.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
HOTBLOODEDTENNISACTION.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>
>>14762885
As I was trying to say. She seemed to make a much better accord of herself in Diana A.

Who knows what wonders Borot could've pulled if it were made of Super Alloy Z?
>>
File: 1430428425471.jpg (112KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1430428425471.jpg
112KB, 1280x720px
Remember that time Aoi punched the end boss so hard he exploded
>>
>>14762927
Is Dancouga Nova any good?
>>
File: kurara weg.jpg (211KB, 1827x480px) Image search: [Google]
kurara weg.jpg
211KB, 1827x480px
>>14762944

I liked it a lot. It does enough little things right, the mechs are cool and the characters are likable. It's nothing that will set the genre on fire but it's a fun short watch.
>>
>>14762834
>How true is this in terms of mech pilots

The day I'll watch a mecha anime where an underdog girl ends up besting the best pilots you'll have your fucking answer.
The reality is that Japan is a misogynistic and patriarchical country so you ain't gonna see a female main character mecha pilot for the forseable future.
>>
>>14762953
She doesn't even have the right eye color to be TEH REI fapfapfap
>>
>>14762992
>female main character mecha pilot
But >>14762927
>>
>>14762834
>To be fair on Sayaka, the Aphrodite A is terrible. The fact she survives using it is a testament to her ability

Why then isn't she given a robot on par with Mazinger Z ? Because she would be competing against Koji and we can't have that now can we ? A female besting or being equal to a male pilot ! What heresy. Hey that's 1970 Japan for you. Of course Nagai hasn't changed his worldview in over 40 years so...
>>
File: 1399276874568.jpg (340KB, 850x923px) Image search: [Google]
1399276874568.jpg
340KB, 850x923px
>>14762992
>The day I'll watch a mecha anime where an underdog girl ends up besting the best pilots you'll have your fucking answer.

So 1988?
>>
>>14763009
>Why then isn't she given a robot on par with Mazinger Z ?

Well that's more a slight against her pop not being able to keep up with Juzo. Prof Umi is kind of shit at his job.
>>
>>14763009
I dunno dude, I don't think professor Yumi could top Mazinger.
>>
>>14763006
>>>14762992>female main character mecha pilot
>>>But >>14762927

Aoi is at most the second best pilot.
I want /m/ to show me an example of a mecha show where the main pilot is a girl and she's the best of them all (best of the the male pilots).
You can't because it doesn't exist now, didn't exist then and won't exist for the forseable future. And it doesn't exist for a very simple cultural reason. Gender equality is not a thing in Japan. You have boys/men and then you have girls/women. Girls/women never best boys/men.
Don't be mad at me for pointing this truth out, be mad at the misogynistic sons of bitches that sponsor/make anime.
Take for instance Milia from Macross. She's an absolute ace but whay happens ? We need to have a human MALE ace that's her counterpart (and ends up marrying).
The point being is that Japan has never produced in anime a female mecha pilot that's the best bar none.
>>
>>14763025
>I dunno dude, I don't think professor Yumi could top Mazinger.

Maybe, maybe not. But that doesn't excuse giving Sayaka a shit robot. Yes it's generally better than Boss Borot but c'mon now, anything would be better than Borot. We don't need to give her an equivalent of Mazinger Z, just a robot that is a little bit (notice the little bit part) inferior to Mazinger Z. But it doesn't play out like that does it ? She always ends up being Koji's baffoon.
>>
>>14763026
>Aoi is at most the second best pilot.

The only person whose MAYBE a challenge for her is Eida who is also a woman. Out of 5 pilots on the show 3 are woman and both the dudes are regularly in the girls shadows
>>
>>14763026

Both Kanuka and Noa are without question the best pilots in Patlabor

and no Ota showing he doesn't suck against some rookies in the last episode does not put him on their level
>>
>>14763026
Cross Ange.
Soukou no Strain.
Dancouga Nova too, Aoi is main heroine and best pilot.
Checkmate, son.
>>
Ryoko is also considered the best pilot in Nadesico. Akito outright admits as much.
>>
File: nova-artbook-pg15.jpg (282KB, 1080x1567px) Image search: [Google]
nova-artbook-pg15.jpg
282KB, 1080x1567px
>>14763026
Do you mean the actual best pilot in the story or the main character? If you mean the former wouldn't that be the girl that kept up with Team D just by herself for a few episodes?
>>
>>14763026
>Gender equality is not a thing in Japan. You have boys/men and then you have girls/women. Girls/women never best boys/men.

Tell that to the salarymen who are bullied and have their paychecks stolen by their wives.
>>
>>14763059
That's hardly equality.
>>
>>14762992
>>14763026
>The reality is that Japan is a misogynistic and patriarchical country so you ain't gonna see a female main character mecha pilot for the forseable future.
>be mad at the misogynistic sons of bitches that sponsor/make anime.
>MUH MISOGINY
>MUH EQUALITY
Kek, what an unsufferable tumblrite faggot you make. Gotta love how you purposely ignored >>14763012, >>14763048 and all the other posts providing titles. Go whine about muh misoginy in a genre mostly aimed at boys somewhere else.
>>
>>14763117

It's all capitalism. They don't care enough to get involved in gender politics all they want is them yens. If suddenly girls where the profitable demo we'd have chick pilots out the ass
>>
>>14763128
This. Contrary to what cartoons may have taught you, chicks do not in fact dig giant robots, they think they're dumb.
>>
>>14763143
oh yeah well then chicks are dumb
>>
>>14763128
You don't necessarily have to have a female audience in order to sell female pilots.
>>
Reminder to report shitposters.
>>
>>14762834
is that a boy or a girl?
>>
>>14763162
This.

If anything, a percent of the people here who've been wanting that are largely interested in having merch for characters they get to fap to for a change.

Yes, I realize it's not all, but let's not act like that isn't a motivation for many /m/en for all the times people have bitched about the prettyboy pilots as pandering
>>
>>14762834
literally the best pilot in Code Geass
>>
>>14763162

No but it IS a safer bet. You can fumble the ball a lot harder with a mall protagonist
>>
>>14763009
Isn't Diana A supposed to be on-par?
>>
>>14764244
Nope. It's pretty much just Aphrodite A with Energer Z's gimmick and one extra attack

Granted, if Sayaka had actually used that attack more, she probably would have performed much better

Artemis A is the closest she's gotten to matching Kouji in a world where he's the protagonist
>>
As long as the main protagonist in male girls will never be a match.
>>
>>14763128
>If suddenly girls where the profitable demo
Didn't that happen on a smaller scale and lead to bishie pilots?
>>
>>14764303
see
>>14764087
>>
>>14764087
Suzaku won that final fight.
>>
>>14762918
ZZ has no concept of pilot skill. All the battles just consisted of blatant jobbing of the worst kind. Mashymre, Glemy, and Gottn Goh would've probably still managed to lose even if none of the Argama's crew showed up to battle.
>>
>>14762834
Quadrono Leader Milia Fallyna Jenius
She was a challenge for Max Jenius, so she'd kick the shit out of any other fictional pilot whose name doesn't start with "Domon" and end with "Kasshu".
>>
>>14762834
>>14762921
Girls are so weak. CanĀ“t even play tennis like boys.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ali4TQq_X6U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oNoX5ozDtU
>>
>>14763026
>be mad at the misogynistic sons of bitches that sponsor/make anime
Just because their combat ability isn't the absolute bestest of them all doesn't mean female characters never contribute to anything.
Lacus Clyne is the most powerful character in all of CE and she doesn't pilot anything.
Rei is hardly what you'd call a good pilot but she's pretty central to the plot.
SRW has a bunch of female copilots without whom the robots wouldn't even function properly.
Not being the best doesn't take away from the character's importance. Hell, I don't even see why there would be a need for a female to be the best pilot because being the top ace hardly ever means anything.
>>
File: 1306317549103.jpg (22KB, 600x260px) Image search: [Google]
1306317549103.jpg
22KB, 600x260px
Titania was really good, wasn't she? Fyana was too, though she didn't do a lot of fighting besides the few times she pummeled Chirico's AT and blew up some Balarant later on.
>>
>>14762834
reminder that a cool guy named johnny english is subbing ace wo nerae s2
>>
File: 1474496932280.jpg (95KB, 449x469px) Image search: [Google]
1474496932280.jpg
95KB, 449x469px
In general good female pilots are outnumbered by good male ones, but I suspect that's only because the overarching genre caters to male power fantasies more than anything else.

That having been said, good female pilots do exist.
>>
>>14764228
Just look at all the boring, vapid waifubait that sells like hotcakes despite having shitty writing and try and say that with a straight face.

If anything's holding a "female MC back" it's more that the anime industry is fucked and anything with a female MC has to have as close to 100% female cast that spend most of their time blandly catering to /u/fags rather than being interesting.

In fact typically having a crappy male MC reflects very badly on a series. Much worse than having a crappy female MC. Look at GBFT or any stock shitty LN adaptation.
>>
>>14764310
Tomino fucking credits Mobile suit gundam's success to female fans.
The fact is in Japan if you mostly have male main characters you're appealing to females and vice versa.
>>
Why is /m/ so pozzed?

Men are superior to women so of course anime reflect that.
>>
Depends on the series.

In something like Fafner the 2 arguably best pilots are female, but they aren't the strongest because they didn't have the ultimate god mechs that 2 of the guys got that made up for their less skills.
>>
>>14765847

In general I find it very rare when the protaganist actually earns his spot as the best
>>
>>14765867
Kazuki is a good pilot.
He just wasn't Maya levels of natural talent or as strong a Veteran pilot as Canon.

If Yumiko hadn't fudged Maya's results she might have been the one they wanted to shove into a Fafner for the first encounter
>>
>>14765759

Pretty much.

While there are shows with female protagonists as the strongest characters that's usually because the show is almost entirely female characters anyway, including the rival characters, and they focus more on cute things and waifu shit with the conflict generally being in the backdrop.
>>
>>14762944
It's pure shit.
>>
>>14765833
Why is /pol/ leaking again?

>pozzed
>>
>>14764941
>male power fantasies
Here we go again with feminist bullshit blabble.
>>14765816
It depends on the age of the targeted audience though. It's right when your show is targeted at a teenager and/or older audience, but for a younger one, it's mainly a cast of boys or sometimes men when the show's targets are boys, and mainly a cast of girls for shows who's targets are girls. As far as I know, Creamy mami's primary target audience weren't boys.
>>
>>14762834
Very
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.