[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of "Dancouga - Super Beast Machine God?"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: e2uhOuDfbOGl3FWmswkj.png (377KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
e2uhOuDfbOGl3FWmswkj.png
377KB, 640x480px
What does /m/ think of "Dancouga - Super Beast Machine God?"
>>
Good soundtrack
Interesting idea to not have the titular mech for like 17 episodes and to concentrate on the individual bots that generally get ignored in shows.
Bad animation
Generals being forgiven for fuckups
>>
Muge best mecha villain.

I'd totally work as an underling.
>>
>>14758749

So, the series starts to pick up after episode 17? So far, the series is a bit average to me. I'm not trying to troll or anything.
>>
>>14758744
There's a lot of things Dancouga did right, but a lot of the episode plots were either fairly standard stuff or were really fucking stupid. Holding off the giant robot for 15 episodes was cool, and they used the Humanoid Modes to provide an "upgrade" to hold up the time in there, but there really wasn't much going on a lot early in the show. It had some higher notes later on once things started moving though, and the episode plots did steadily get better as the show became less MotW in format. (Things like that time Dancouga had to form with three components to lure their enemies into a giant underwater valley so the Gandor could absolutely fuck over everything in one shot)

It's not my favorite 80s show and I don't think it'd make Top 10, but it's solid and when it does things right it does things right. It does have terrible animation a lot of the time, but eh, I can forgive terrible animation as long as the accompanying work isn't also terrible (because if you're going to be shit, at least give me something to look at.)

God Bless was something I kind of liked for an 80s mecha movie, but it has its share of issues and I know it has a fairly verbal base of people on /m/ that don't like it. Or maybe just one or two really verbal people. Not sure. No one talks about Blazing Epilogue due to lack of translations and the people who did watch it mostly disliking it so Iunno.
>>
>>14758791

Oh, so at least I now know I'm not alone in saying that 1st 3rd of the series is a bit bland.
>>
>>14758799
Either bland or stupid (that harlem episode, Triceratops and the entire episode surrounding it, all of that), yeah. The characters and stuff keep it going somewhat but it's no Braiger in that regard.

It does pick up eventually. If you're coming in from SRW and are ready to watch well animated Dancouga smashing everything, though... well, go back to SRW, you're not getting that ever.
>>
>>14758744
God Bless it.
>>
>>14758810

Good. Was beginning to get worried this series wasn't gonna pick up soon.
>>
>>14758791
Blazing Epilogue isn't subbed? What about "Jusenkitai Songs"? Actually, what is that?
>>
>>14758852
Only the first episode is subbed. Even the group that subbed said episode doesn't care about Blazing Epilogue.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.