[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for super robot suggestions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: Gaogaigar.Final.full.408895.jpg (686KB, 700x950px) Image search: [Google]
Gaogaigar.Final.full.408895.jpg
686KB, 700x950px
My preferences lean toward real robot right now, but the only super robot I've seen is TTGL. So what's worth watching?
>>
Check out the Brave franchise and watch whichever one speaks to you the most.
>>
>>14755075
Your image is a good one. As is Godannar, Kotetsushin Jeeg, and Gaiking LODM.
>>
File: gritty lagann.jpg (326KB, 1844x1798px) Image search: [Google]
gritty lagann.jpg
326KB, 1844x1798px
>>14755075
Watch Getter Robo Armageddon. It's dark and gritty Gurren Lagann.
>>
>>14755075
Megas XLR is a good choice.
>>
I'll tell you what's not worth watching:
Daitarn 3 and Zambot 3
I don't know why Tominoniggers even pretend these are better than Mazinger Z.
>>
>>14755571
Because they actually did something interesting with Mazinger's setup

Mazinger Z did do the same kind of things first, but not for more than an episode. It was the anime equivalent of throwing random shit at fly paper to see what sticks
>>
>>14755571
Can anyone else weigh in here? These are literally the next shows on my Tomino backlog
>>
File: nofun.jpg (89KB, 488x516px) Image search: [Google]
nofun.jpg
89KB, 488x516px
>>14756003
I can sum up my response to that guy's claim with this popular meme. I hope this helps your decision.
>>
>>14756003
I feel pretty neutral about Zambot 3.
I'm not a fan of the terrible animation, and I don't like Kappei. But the plan the bad guys end up doing half way though really surprised me, I liked how it tackled bystanders, and I liked the twist of the villain's motivations. Honestly I feel like it's just worth watching due to how creative it gets at the end, but I could totally see someone not wanting to watch it because of the shit animation.
It's definitely a mecha where the giant robot fights aren't the main draw of the show.
>>
G Gundam
>>
>>14756052
>a mecha where the giant robot fights aren't the main draw of the show.
Goddammit I'm getting sick of this. Don't tell me Daitarn 3 is the same, I was going to watch that soon.
>>
>>14756140
Stick to 70s toei mecha like grendizer. they also have better animation than Zambot.
>>
File: MAZINGER_Z.jpg (91KB, 480x683px) Image search: [Google]
MAZINGER_Z.jpg
91KB, 480x683px
>>14755075
Mazinger Z

The OG super robot. Lots of action, good fun. That's ninety two episodes of Koji kicking mechanical beast ass!
>>
Mazinkaiser
Shin Mazinger Z
Shin Getter vs Neo Getter
>>
File: if there's a hole....jpg (38KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
if there's a hole....jpg
38KB, 500x281px
>>14755075
Nigga watch some new getter robo. That shit will put getter infused hairs on your chest.
>>
>>14756140
Daitarn looks okay animation wise. Don't care much for the art though

The robot fights are the draw for Daitarn in theory, but Banjo is such a cool guy that I ended up liking the on foot fights more
>>
>>14755075
>So what's worth watching?

Everything.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.