[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>read Mazinger Z >it just stops

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

File: get in here.png (306KB, 735x416px) Image search: [Google]
get in here.png
306KB, 735x416px
>read Mazinger Z
>it just stops
>>
>>14754613
For the manga, the ending for some reason is in the beginning of Great Mazinger.
>>
>>14754613
I don't mind. It's not something worth reading since Shin Mazinger made it better in e every possible way.
>>
>>14754613
>>14754689
>newfag reads incomplete version of the mazinger manga, then complains there's no ending

also, let me correct you on "it's not something worth reading". I hope you mean the later chapters, because these later ones were published in TV MAGAZINE.

Every TV Magazine manga is kiddy shit. Jeeg was serialised in the same crappy magazine. The artists are forced to make huge concessions to make their manga tie-in to the anime.

Every chapter of Shonen Jump's Mazinger is worth reading. I fucking dare you find me a bad chapter in it.

Every chapter of TV Magazine Mazinger IS TRITE.

The best you can do is get the actual complete edition which was released only a few years ago.
>>
Pic related is what you need.

Mazinger Z Ultimate Edition only released a few years ago. It's not scanlated.
>>
>>14754930
Not that anon, but do you figure that Happy Scans will get to that eventually? DP Scanlations' health is dubious these days.
>>
>>14754944
I don't think they're even aware of its existence.

Volume 6 of the ultimate edition (the scanlated version only has 5 volumes) has additional tv magazine chapters it seems, and guess what.

And a proper epilogue which introduces Great Mazinger.

People should stop assuming that any scanlation they're reading is the definitive version of a manga.
>>
File: 51JyaKepf1L.jpg (62KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
51JyaKepf1L.jpg
62KB, 352x500px
>>14754930

Well no. The content of the one in the pic doesn't match with the true ultimate edition relased in japan in 2014.
>>
>>14754920
The Shonen Jump bits are not that better anyway.
>>
>>14754930
>>14754987
Scanlating these editions would not save this manga from its own mediocrity.
>>
>>14754971
Oh well, at the least Gosaku Ota's version of Jeeg should be picked up. It's probably better than >>14754920, although the anime is the current best option.
>>
>>14755107
Fuck your wrong opinions, faggot kike.

The Shounen Jump version of Mazinger was a best seller, ranking only after Harenchi Gakuen and a few others. Let me repeat, the Shounen Jump version of Mazinger WAS A BEST SELLER.

It was far from mediocre. When it moved to TV Magazine with its no-continuity stories, that's when it actually became shit. And before you say Shin Mazinger did better >>14754689 fuck you three times more. The best episodes in Shin Mazinger were all those that adapted Nagai's chapters.

When Imagawa directed original episodes in the beginning of the show, they were INFERIOR in every way.

What was the first true highlight of Shin Mazinger? EPISODE 11 MOTHER FUCKER. THAT WAS FROM THE FUCKIN MANGA.

Go suck cock.
>>
>>14755153
Even though I said the Jeeg manga is kiddyshit, that doesn't mean it's a bad read.

Once you niggers understand that it's a tv magazine manga, there's literally nothing wrong with it. It's a manga tie in that does its job. You faggots are retarded these days. Can't even bother to do proper research about the manga's audience before complaining.

I mean, it doesn't stop at TV Magazine. You faggots don't even like an awesome manga like Cutie Honey, because your pussy ass bitches can't handle some gore and nudity.

The Nagai fanbase on /m/ is the worst. Grow some balls you emasculated manginas.
>>
I got some italian scans with a total of 6 volumes a few monthes ago. It ends with Great Mazinger appearing. What is the jap equivalent to this release?
>>
>>14754613
Yeah that threw me off too. Thought I downloaded some incomplete batch or something but nah it just abruptly stops.
>>
>>14754689
Ehh I agree plotwise but noseless OG manga Mazinger actually LOOKS like it could be a dangerous Devil monster. Its worth it for the trademark Nagai distorted art alone
>>
It doesnt "just stop". Great Mazinger picks up right where it leaves off. Its like saying back to the future 2 "just stops"
>>
>>14754930
So why haven't we scanned this yet? That Forbes guy that posts here fucking lives there in Japan. Where you at bro? I like your articles now go buy Mazinger
>>
>>14754971
You are probably right. Theres tons of obscure Nagai shit that people are unaware of simply because no info exists on the English internet. Plus I consider happyscans to be incompetent anyway
>>
>>14755964
What a retarded thing to say. Shin Mazinger wasn't only an adaptation of the original manga. It took stuff from the Ishikawa one shot and z Mazinger.

Also nose dive? It's your fault for expecting continuity in the tv magazine chapters. Mazinger wasn't in the same magazine as Devilman.
>>
>>14755163
>The Shounen Jump version of Mazinger was a best seller, ranking only after Harenchi Gakuen and a few others. Let me repeat, the Shounen Jump version of Mazinger WAS A BEST SELLER.

Ohhh, I'm sorry, I didn't realized One Piece should be considered the best manga of all time. Or Avatar being the best cinematic experience you could ever wish for. Yeah, numbers sure are a great equivalent for quality. You, sir, are a genius.
>>
>>14755163
>What was the first true highlight of Shin Mazinger? EPISODE 11 MOTHER FUCKER. THAT WAS FROM THE FUCKIN MANGA.

It was the highlight because it was done right and had actual impact. The manga scene is just there. I feel nothing by reading it. Imagawa made it work.
>>
File: 1474126708709.jpg (190KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1474126708709.jpg
190KB, 1440x1080px
>>14756007
Reading Comprehension fucktard
Read the post you quoted again. I was talking about Mazingers face design in old Nagais art and how dope it is
Furthermore, fuck me for not mentioning everything that influenced Shin in an overly long post amirite? Youre so blindly mad that you're argueing with someone that agrees with you. Shin and the original Manga are both extremely good.
Delete your post or commit sudoku
>>
>>14756026
>and the original Manga are both extremely good.

Calm down there, buddy. Calm down.
>>
>>14756030
Nice projection there Mr. Doesnt Read
>>
>>14756030
You also seem to be believe that im OP. I never read any chapters of the tv manga, only Nagai's. I never said I expected Continuity. I know how Old manga worked.
Im just pointing out that early Mazinger was drawn in a unique way thats worth checking out even if people dont like the lack of a storyline.
Real Talk: are you the Spic?
>>
>>14756014
>it was done right and had actual impact.
like what?

it was a panel for panel adaptation.

what makes the shin mazinger version so special other than having kanjite knight which is the op, and nothing to do with imagawa's direction?
>>
>>14756033
I'm just advising against the use of the hyperbole.
>>
>>14756038
Imagawa made me care about the plot and characters. Thus the scene have stronger emotional impact on me. I couldn't care less about the manga except for laughing at how amateurish Nagai's early art looks like.
>>
>>14755972

Well actually it mostly is.
That italian edition comprehends two "ending", the orginal one and the other one where Mazinger fights Hell King Gordon.
The problem is, in the book, that the latter is an extra chapter and so it's considered as an alternate "ending".
Anyway the importance of Mazinger itself isn't the whole story, that actually isn't so bad as someone says (consider also when it was written), but the the innovative concept.
Of course Nagai should write a proper sequel of... what isn't clear to me is if Grendizer was officially cut out from the manga continuity, because the last set of volumes follows the pattern: Mazinger Z -> Great Mazinger -> Mazinkaiser (it appears that in 2014 Nagai updated a little the short story he wrote years ago).

>>14755153

I'd like to read Gosaku Ota's Getter Robot. Maybe even Tomino read it.
>>
>>14755979
>Plus I consider happyscans to be incompetent anyway
Why?
>>
>still no season 2 of Shin

JUST
>>
>>14756046
>Imagawa made me care about the plot and characters.
Good one. As far as I know, Shin Mazinger made the whole cast unlikable assholes.

The early manga chapters were way better paced than the early episodes of Shin too.
>>
>>14756307
Oh, yeah. How so? Nagai's original manga barely had any proper characterization anyway.
>>
>>14756026
you said you agree plotwise.

The best ideas were already there in the various mazinger mangas.

all imagawa did was combine these ideas together and turned it into his personal fanfic.

Good for imagawa fans, but the way people are acting in this thread is as if shin mazinger is the definite version of mazinger. very far from it.

it will never be a valid substitute for any manga.
>>
>>14756313
Oh so youre just a shitposter got it
Personally, I fuckin love Shin's plot twists. Get lost
>>
>>14756313
It's the only version I give a damn about. Isn't that reason enough? I don't care for any of the others. They're mediocre at best while Shin Mazinger happens to be actually pretty good.
>>
>>14756312
>Nagai's original manga barely had any proper characterization
Maybe because it's a manga about kouji beating the crap out of interestingly designed mechanical beasts? maybe that's the appeal? Mazinger was made to be different from Devilman for a reason.

Sure, Imagawa wanted to add his usual family drama twist. Cool, and all, but it's nowhere near Mazinger IP in general. Complaining about the manga not having characterization like in Shin is useless. It's like expecting Gundam to have aliens throughout the entries because one is special and has aliens. Or even worse, expecting every gundam entry to be like imagawa's g gundam.
>>
>>14756318
Dont pretend to be me
>>
>>14756319
>Maybe because it's a manga about kouji beating the crap out of interestingly designed mechanical beasts? maybe that's the appeal?

Sounds perfect for a toy line. Not a manga.
>>
>>14756324
I'm not.
>>
>>14756347
>implying mazinger isn't also a famous toyline
dumbass
>>
>>14756318
>They're mediocre at best
Still better than Shin Mazinger
>>
>>14756431
Please, point me to where I said it didn't had a toy line. The chogokin line was named after Mazinger. Still, bad excuse for a comic.
>>
>>14756434
Except not really.
>>
>>14756459
>Still, bad excuse for a comic.
The 70s don't need your sjw standards, faggot.

>>14756461
Shin Mazinger ruined the IP for the next 20 years.
>>
>>14756468
Sorry, I was not aware sjw invented having an interesting plot and characters. Silly me.
>>
>>14756475
people get into mazinger for everything else but the plot and characters

nobody gives a shit about the characters think or feel other than hot blood and anger. so fck off
>>
>>14756495
I like Kouji, Sayaka and Boss. Granted Sayaka changes depending which medium she's in.
>>
>>14754930
>>14754987
None of these are what you claim. The current Mazinger Z that is scanlated is everything in the original serialization + the terebi run, with the final terebi chapter in Great Mazinger volume 1. The only problem is that many of the chapters are out of order.

The Mazinger Z ultimate edition is just the same thing as the scanlated version in terms of actual content and the Mazinger Z version in >>14754987 is a recompiled version that also has the same content.
>>
How's Z Mazinger? Is it any good?
>>
>>14756877

Yes and not. Ultimate edition is different from 改訂版. Look for the second one. The content is similar, not the same.
>>
File: NEOBK-1559050.jpg (57KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
NEOBK-1559050.jpg
57KB, 351x500px
>>14758017
Correct. Pic related is the revised edition. I believe it features new art by Go Nagai but I could be wrong. I want to read it some day.
>>
>>14755972
Some autist chased him off
>>
File: img_6.jpg (122KB, 425x629px) Image search: [Google]
img_6.jpg
122KB, 425x629px
The revised edition adds the nose to Mazinger. And yup, new art.
>>
File: vs_u52.jpg (142KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
vs_u52.jpg
142KB, 600x601px
Go Nagai tried to make the design consistent across the manga, which is why he released this revised edition.

Plenty of redraws it seems.
>>
>>14755972
>>14758037
>implying the forbes guy would care about a super robot, much less scan it
>>
>>14758048
Those are new pages for sure, but Mazinger always had a nose outside of the very first serialization.
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.