[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Macross Δ (26)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 367
Thread images: 44

File: 270871673-origin-1446954914.jpg (252KB, 1380x1033px) Image search: [Google]
270871673-origin-1446954914.jpg
252KB, 1380x1033px
Title: "Eternal Walkure"

what are your wishes for the last episode of this series and what do you think of it overall?

new preview for the game "Macross delta scramble" with Fire bomber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9EuGRds1lM
>>
File: CsqV1smVIAA5H-E.jpg (131KB, 600x686px) Image search: [Google]
CsqV1smVIAA5H-E.jpg
131KB, 600x686px
ded
>>
File: no hope left come back tomorrow.png (248KB, 456x480px) Image search: [Google]
no hope left come back tomorrow.png
248KB, 456x480px
>>14754119

If you had asked me a month or two ago, I would say that I wanted a frontier-esq medley of delta songs because that was awesome when Frontier did it.

But honestly... I am just tremendously disappointed with the choices that frontier has made so far. I was on the fence about Delta originally because of the first episode, which felt way too overblown a starting point for the show and made me worry that they were going to put style over substance.

But they backed off on that, and things progressed, and the first part of the show restored my hopes in Delta.

And then Messer died, and someone unplugged the drain. And ever since then, all of my hope in Delta has just been slowly draining away until all I am left with is an empty container where I used to keep my fun.

The 'plot' keeps progressing, but all of the characters involved int he plot are so painfully passive in it that you could cut the cast in half in nothing would really change. Roid is important. Mikumo is important. Hayate and Freya have an arc. Keith exists as a foil for Hayate and to remove Messer as the experienced team leader. But no one else really does anything for the story, and the previously mentioned characters are all very one note because they all just sort off do the job that the plot has laid out for them and they don't really have anything else going on to flesh them out or make me care about them.

We are just now getting Mikumo as something other than a piece of paper taped to a walkure CD with the work 'Mystery?' written on it. We are just now getting Mirage being in any way relevant to combat or character relationships of any kind. We are just now getting some kind of insight into Lady M. We are just now getting some kind of investment into Hayate's family.

And its all too damn fucking late for me to care. The show ends next episode, and I haven't gotten any kind of catharsis or payoff for ANYTHING that the show has set up on any front yet.
>>
More like eternal failure.
>>
Who gives a shit anymore, I just want this piece of shit to end already
>>
>>14754232

I was originally worried that we would get style over substance, but somehow Delta hasn't given me either one.

The songs were the best part of the show, for better or for worse, but I don't think we have had a new Walkure song in the last 8 episodes.

We don't get flashy space battles in Delta. We barely even get real dogfights, because the show is fucking terrified of showing us Windmeren planes other than the knights that the Deltas can be allowed to actually shoot down and thus accomplish something for once in their lives. Instead we have seen the same 5 guys fight the same 5 other guys for the entire show, with only 2 deaths in 25 episodes ONE OF WHICH WAS OLD AGE.

So no one can accomplish anything in combat because both sides have too much plot armor, which makes their encounters samey and unsatisfying, a problem heavily compounded by overuse of song buffs (which, again, are never really allowed to accomplish anything but continuing the stalemate) which turn the fights into slo-mo and remove any hope for the fast paced dogfighting that made Frontier battles good.

I can't even remember the last time we saw a Battroid in this show, despite the inclusion of battroid combat probably making this slow mo shit 150% more interesting to watch because it allows for more possible actions than two glowing planes flying super close to each other.

So we haven't been delivered on the music in a long time despite starting strong. The combat is dull even if the designs are cool. The characters are just passengers along for the ride being driven around by the writers who press X to perform their scripted action when the screen tells them to.

And on top of all that? The plot we have is fantasyland garbage. No one has even fucking TRIED to give a half-assed explanation for what this protoculture system that they are using to mind control people is supposed to be. Why did the protoculture build it? Why did they HIDE it in subspace? It just exists.
>>
File: 1465243763293.jpg (346KB, 1280x720px)
1465243763293.jpg
346KB, 1280x720px
I'm honestly just waiting for the game/second album this point.
Don't get me wrong, I loved the show but it's going nowhere.

>>14754232
>And then Messer died
Precise point where the show started to take a nosedive.
What was Kawa-Kawa thinking.

At this point, I think the only way they'll make the ending have an impact will be by killing off a lot of major characters, but that at the same time will feel forced as hell.
There's just no win/win scenario for anyone now.
>>
>>14754268

In short, the only reason I am still watching this show is because I like Macross. Delta looks pretty, and I enjoy coming back to the Macross setting. But I very much wish that this was a better show. Macross isn't like Gundam, where we get 1 or 2 new shows a year. This is probably the only Macross we will get this decade, and its deeply unsatisfying.

If this was any other franchise, I would have dropped this show weeks ago. I'm just so starved for Macross content that I keep coming back in the hope that the next episode it will get good again.

And here we are, at the final episode, and I don't see how they can end on anything other than a wet fart. We are going into our finale with a non-action talking heads episode that ends on a note of zero tension, because they blew up on the only thing raising the stakes (the NUN Fleet) about 10 minutes after introducing that they were a thing and before they could be relevant.

Maybe Delta will get made into a pair of movies and actually be good.
>>
>>14754287

Killing Messer, in itself, was a perfectly fine idea. It should have forced the conflict to escalate because Delta lost its safety net, and forced Hayate and Mirage to step up their game or be fucking rekt by Keith.

Instead we got Hayate regressing as a character and the rest of the cast letting his childish outbursts dictate their organizational and tactical decisions, and song buffs meaning that consequences are a thing that happens to other people.

Its not hard to have a show that include Messer dying and then gets really good. But the writers pissed away the opportunity for frankly mind boggling reasons. Nothing that the writers wanted to do int he last half of the show was a good idea. Its just bad decision after bad decision to the point that I honestly can't imagine what kind of review process would have let this shit reach the screen.
>>
>>14754287
The whole Messer thing was such a clusterfuck, they even had a plot point about it being a weakness in the design of the VF that they had to fix so the windies didn't exploit it but then that part was dropped like most plot points in the fucking anime

Also the album is being released next week right?
>>
I instantly discard every opinion if it mentions that Delta went downhill after Messer's death. They are idiots with mentality on the level of 14 yo shounenfags who want cool battles in every episode and nothing else. Fuck every ADHD kid who can't appreciate episodes 11-13.

I'm not autistic to write walls of text so just few sentences.
Episode 11 was extremely well done mourning episode, it gave viewer time to feel the pain from losing Messer. Episode 12 was mostly build-up, but it had lots of important character interactions, it was a start of Mirage trying to get her shit together, it introduced NUNS subplot. I'm sure they had some plans to develop those plotlines, but unfotrunately they were dropped in 2nd cour. Still it makes episode 12 only better in comparison, it shows them trying to develop everything. Episode 13 was absolutely amazing in every aspect. Lots of action, sudden nuke, 3 songs, Macross canon, Keith getting rekt.
>>
>>14754347

Walloftextfag here, you are right that episode 13 was good. But that doesn't change the fact that the show faltered after Messer died and aside from some high points its been in a descent since then.

Cool battles would be great, but I am just as fine without cool battles IF there is something else to carry the show.

Delta's second didn't deliver much in the way of cool battles but its greatest sin is wimping out on any kind of character plotlines or having a main plot that it feels like anyone has any impact on. Windemere's conquest plans feel incredibly removed from the actions of any of the characters, even the windemerens themselves. The plot device that is the song of the wind carries the show forward regardless of what happens around it.
Whether or not either side wins or loses any given fight doesn't appear to impact that progression in any way. Even the fights that Windemere loses doesn't negatively impact their side (Nuking the protoculture ruins to deny them to windemere just... makes them better for windemere. Destroying those double-secret ruins with song again doesn't actually hinder Roid's plan in any way) likewise the fights that Delta wins doesn't benefit them (Shoot down Keith and lose the planet anyway). The plot train just chugs along regardless, occasionally introducing a NUN fleet just so it can be blown up after 15 seconds of screen time and then never get mentioned again.

These are all plot developments that can individually be justified, but the sum of their parts is the equivalent of some guy reading his epic scifi tale in the background and the characters pressing buttons that give them red lights or green lights, both of which are equally irrelevant.
>>
delta was a mistake. i didn't want it to be.
>>
At this point, Delta is only good for Makina lewds and unexpected jihads.
>>
Honestly, can we just kill Bogue? He doesn't do shit and his whole "character" is just being mad about NUNS. Like every other fucking Windie. Everytime he does that stupid fucking lunge it pisses me off, because he never does anything of worth. It's not like he's Hayate's rival, that's Keith now. Seriously, fuck Bogue.
>>
>>14754420
>Honestly, can we just kill Bogue? He doesn't do shit and his whole "character" is just being mad about NUNS. Like every other fucking Windie. Everytime he does that stupid fucking lunge it pisses me off, because he never does anything of worth. It's not like he's Hayate's rival, that's Keith now. Seriously, fuck Bogue.

We should let Reina do it. That would be divine justice.
>>
>>14754420

Keith is Hayate's rival? Jesus I hope they're not supposed to be rivals, because the show has done a piss poor job of it if they're supposed to be rivals. Hayate shot him down the very next time they met after Keith killed Messer due to a song buff and no-one said a word about it or showed any kind of reaction to it is an event, not even Keith. The only effect doing so had was that Keith lost his eye, which hasn't impacted him in the slightest as far as we know. He's not upset about losing or losing his eye, it hasn't effected his ability to fly or to fight (in fact, I believe Bogue comments he's even better when the next time he fights against the NUNs fleet), it didn't cost Windermere or the Knights in any way and it didn't mean anything to Delta. No-one even commented on the fact it had happened. It was a complete non-event.
>>
>>14754489
Yeah, it sucks. Keith seems to have lost all of his earlier motivation and just seems like some sort of Windie operated drone.
>>
>>14754287
When Messer died it was expected that Hayate and Mirage will take the load. Except it never happened and they even took a leap back since Hayate refused to kill even if it puts himself and his teammates in danger and Mirage never improved on her flying.

It's hilarious how Hayate spared Bogue in 2-3 episodes prior and if he only killed him on the spot the Aerial Knights wouldn't swamp them in battle and it wouldn't put Freyja on literal cancer AIDS.

If he can't stomach war he should have been dropped.
>>
>>14754551
Don't forget the part where it's fucking HERMANN giving Mirage advice now.
>>
>>14754551
You're that retard who is complaining right now on /a/ about lack of gritty war drama in Macross?

>If he can't stomach war he should have been dropped.
You should have never picked Delta up. Macross is clearly not for you. And you must be clinically retarded if you couldn't understand it after SDF, 7, Frontier and now Delta.
>>
>>14754551

Don't forget Hayate deciding that Delta isn't going to have any new recruits because he's afraid of someone replacing Messer and then Arad listening to him for some incomprehensible reason.
>>
>>14754570

Incredibly stale b8 m8. You might wanna switch it up sometime.
>>
>>14754616
What else can I say to a complete retarded newfag who complains about Macross not being gritty war drama in every single thread?
It never was. It never will be.

Just few months ago you would never be able to post this wihtout a big chain of AND WE AT ROBOTECHX.COM ALL LAUGHING. Now it seems lots of people on /m/ lost interest in Delta. But it doesn't mean that newfags and retards like you now can freely post in these threads.
>>
>>14754650
>Just few months ago you would never be able to post this wihtout a big chain of AND WE AT ROBOTECHX.COM ALL LAUGHING

Good. It means that the shitposters are finally packing up and returning to where ever they came from. You should join up with them.
>>
>>14754676
Holy shit, how new are you on this board?
>>
Waiting for Keith to turn on Roid, it seems clear he has an agenda of his own, and Roid is not really working with the best interests of Windmere.
>>
>>14754714
From all the info we have it seems Roid is trying to connect all protoculture races into a single network (something similar to what Grace tried in F) and thus granting immortality to all Windermerians. It's more than Keith would ever be able to offer.
Besides if Keith kills Roid windies will lose their song weapon. They will be completely defenceless against NUNS. By killing Roid Keith will give up on idea of free windermerian sky.
>>
>>14754729

> thus granting immortality to all Windermerians

How does one follow on from the other? Because those two things seem completely unrelated.
>>
>>14754740
I don't know how exactly it works (probably only staff knows).

But I assume that the mind of every person will be separated from his body and will live independently in one big network. So when the real body dies, mind continues living in network. At the same times bodies would be programmed to get food and reproduce to generate new brains for the network. It's like cloud computing.
If it's not the case I don't see a reason why Roid would want to connect everyone.
>>
File: VTZL-115.jpg (44KB, 330x328px) Image search: [Google]
VTZL-115.jpg
44KB, 330x328px
>>14754311
Yep, 8 days remaining.
>>
>>14754764
1st album was leaked 8 days before the official release date. So we can get it at any moment. Maybe tomorrow, maybe day after, maybe on Saturday. But maybe in one hour.
>>
>>14754616
Whost talking shit about wanting it to be gritty war drama bullshit you jackass? He just pointed out that after the death of Messer, Hayate didn't have any fucking reason to continue being a contrarian faggot about not wanting to kill poeple, they could have given him another reason not to want to kill the windie faggots who killed everyone around him, they could have done the exact same shit they did to Alto and have that fold crystal plot device transfer into him the pain and fear or whatever the fuck his targets felt, just like it happened to Alto.

Go fuck yourself you goddamn drone
>>
>>14754774
I think the same also happened to the second album
>>
>>14754777
>Go fuck yourself you goddamn drone
It's very difficult to respect your opinion when you talk like a buttblasted /v/ poster.

Do people honestly think they'll be taken more seriously if they make autistic squealing noises while they're talking?
>>
>>14754777
Are you alright, anon?
>>
>>14754570
Delta Defense Force, please.
>>
>>14754758
>the real body dies, mind continues in b4 that already exists as the WIndermerean fold fault the "Great Wind"
>>
>>14754796
So, instead of actually trying to refute any of the points I made you just try to discredit me because I used a expression people on /v/ use? Good job
>>
>>14754808
I re-read your post two times and I still barely can understand what you were trying to say. Also it seems you quoted wrong post.

Take a rest from 4chan, your brain needs a rest.
>>
I thought Bogue would be important and not be a Joke character. I thought they were prepping a forgiveness arc and even paralleling him with Freyja with the Rune thing. I though Bogue and Hayate would be rivals.
>>
I thought Bogue would be important and not be a Joke character. I thought they were prepping a forgiveness arc and even paralleling him with Freyja with the Rune thing. I though Bogue and Hayate would be rivals. OP1 has so many lies
>>
I don't give a fuck, I liked Delta and I am looking forward to the last episode
>>
>>14754740
>> thus granting immortality to all Windermerians

>>How does one follow on from the other? Because those two things seem completely unrelated.

Anon, you're looking for logic in a series that has shown none.
>>
were they afraid to make Walkure do dangerous things in the battlefield like episode 1 again?
>>
>>14754847
Is it a new meme to respond to a question which already was answered?
>>
>>14754829
This poor anon is feeling oppressed because everyone hates Delta. Have some pity for the man.
>>
>>14754869
I'm pretty sure that guys actually dislikes Delta, and he tried to complain about Hayate not killing anyone.
At the same time he forgets that Basara was even bigger peacefag. And M7 conflict had significantly more deaths, nameless UN Spacy pilots were dying almost in every single episode.

But retards like him (and you) would never know it since you probably have never watched 7.
>>
>>14754119
-Needed less pointless battles
-Failed at portraying the conflict as morally grey
>>
>>14754214
Holy shit Heinz is ripped
>>
>>14754887
I've seen 7 and there's a difference between what Delta tried to do and what 7 did.
7 was Saturday morning cartoon style and it didn't take itself seriously. More importantly, Basara was there as a musician, his job isn't shooting missiles. But in Delta, the writers want us to take the Windfags seriously while we have Hayate dicking around when he is a dedicated pilot. It doesn't mesh.
>>
The final episode should end with a movie announcement calling it "The true story of Macross Delta" i.e. huge retcons. Though that's not gonna happen due to Satelight heaving money and poor sales.

Without an extended length episode they can't resolve the plots without some huge asspulls/Dues Ex Machina. While being a ripoff of Frontier's at the same time. Because that's where the ending is heading.
Then again, the entire plot since episode 13 has been asspulls for the Wind Stus.

Another problem is that it has an obvious Damocles sword that still has media released no longer than three years ago in the form of Macross 30:: Voices across the Galaxy.

In fact, a two cour anime adaption of Macross 30 would have been better than what we got.
>>
>>14754802
Sperg with autism pls
>>
>>14754232
Perfect summary of my thoughts
>>
>>14754764
It's leaked
>>
>>14756124
I already bought it anon, so I'll have to wait anyway.
>>
File: ZWwtQ.png (712KB, 1024x576px)
ZWwtQ.png
712KB, 1024x576px
>Kawamori show going to shit after best boy dies

Like that's ever happened before.
>>
>>14755320
>7 was Saturday morning cartoon style and it didn't take itself seriously.

>Delta
>girls jumping out of planes and going through mahou shoujo transformation, singing and dancing in the middle of the battlefield with holograms and light show trying to cure a disease with their song while VFs are dancing and doing aerobatics.
>taking itself seriously
>>
Delta has the most senseless murder of UN Spacy personnel of all Macross series.
>>
>>14756240
UN Spacy are evulz spess empire that murdered poor windies, anon.
>>
>>14756240
Have you not watched 7? What about all those poor VF-11 pilots?
>>
>>14756266
There were also all those battleships that got blown up in fleet battles, heck Grabil murdered hundreds of people when he first showed up with his single death beam. But getting BTFO by your own WMD while being mind controlled just leaves a bad taste. Not to mention that the fleet looks like it's at least the size of Frontier's escort fleet minus Macross classes.

>>14756263
It's amazing how they went from incompetent or uncaring dicks to plain Saturday morning cartoon villains.
>>
>>14756124

Link please?
>>
>>14756263
Remember the military is evil but PMCs are benevolent, praise Rand.
>>
>>14756286
It's not leaked yet.
>>
>>14756302
Big Boss pls go
>>
>>14756311
Outer Heaven awaits.
>>
>>14754119
Hayate dies and Freyja and Walkure decide to sing songs in his memory, with Mikumo joining in place of Makina. Thus, the "Eternal Walkure" can fulfill it's mythical role.
>>
I dropped it at episode 20.
>>
>>14754347
>Episode 11 was extremely well done mourning episode, it gave viewer time to feel the pain from losing Messer.
No, Episode 11 was the start of the downfall of Macross Delta. There were a lot of stupid moments mixed into some poignancy.

Episode 12 was a foreshadowing of the pacing issues to come. The subplot didn't even go anywhere, it was just there because they wanted someone other than the Windemerans to look bad.

Episode 13 was okay. The sudden
>Oh shit they're going to Ragna
>Time to go back
really foreshadowed how Delta was going to keep advancing the plot and then rewinding it over and over and over again with all the other planets.
>>
>>14756266
They didn't die. They just went into comas because their libido got drained out of them.

>>14756275
>>14756263
>It's amazing how they went from incompetent or uncaring dicks to plain Saturday morning cartoon villains.
Everytime that's brought up someone will say
>Look at 7, Earth didn't care!
>Look at Frontier, Earth was secretly underreporting the abilities of the VF-25!
and try to say that the UNG/NUNG has always been evil and corrupt.

In this case, everything NUNS did was justified, except that the writers want you to think of Windemere as Japan and NUNS as evil imperialist America nuking a helpless people.
>>
>>14756338
>Look at Frontier, Earth was secretly underreporting the abilities of the VF-25!

Care to explain this? I'm curious since Earth or NUNS central is barely ever mentioned in Frontier at all.

Also, VF-11 were blown up by the truckloads in stock footage once Gepelnitch started his Spiritia Paradise plan and decided that the military were acceptable losses. Every time a Protodeviln appears at least 5 VF-11 get blown up in stock footage.
>>
>>14756346
Untranslated side material mentions that the New UN Government requires manufacturers and space colonies to send them all the technical data and prototypes of variable fighters, which they then strip down and downgrade for transmission and distribution to other colonies and colony fleets to produce under license.

It's like if you invent the M-16, then the US government takes all your info on it, strips it down so it's less reliable or has less stopping power, then whenever someone contacts you to license the design for production they get the lesser model while the USG produces the superior one for itself.
>>
>>14756346
Colonies use what is basically an export models.
>>
>>14756227
The main problem here is that Delta eventually stopped not being serious.
>>
>>14756352
>>14756355
Makes sense, and is in line with how NUNG is portrayed like European colonial empires. Man, they're on a serious slippery slope since the original, culminating in the cartoon villains in Delta today.

>next Macross series is about courageous rebel idols liberating systems from tyrannical NUNG/S clutches

Oh wait, isn't that AKB0048
>>
Basara was so cool.
Fuck all this other shit.
>>
>>14756541
>Basara was so cool.
>"Was"
Uhh... Okay
>>
I think that what saddens me most is that Delta could be greatly improved by a relatively small number of changes.
>>
File: 8657534342.jpg (117KB, 1024x579px)
8657534342.jpg
117KB, 1024x579px
>>14756580
He's probably dead right now or some gross bag of bones if he hasn't OD'd on all the drugs by Delta.
>>
>>14756693
Or his life's gonna get threatened by the Star Song once it reaches the whole galaxy.
>>
So ks it reasonable tonassume that SMS is a more successful and profitable PMC than Chaos?
They're obviously trusted by the NUG to test and help develop advanced prototypes, and they were the heroes who exposed the infiltration of and manipulation of the local NUG, as well as leading the assault against galaxy. So far, Chaos has
>a captain who helped Gramia in the last war
>an incompetent Squad leader
>a squad working at sub optimal numbers
>constantly on the run, having to work with Isis-kun
>seen as disposable by certain NUNS factions
>>
>>14756931

Makes sense. The SMS worked alongside a major active colonization fleet.

Xaos runs support in the ass end of galactic nowhere, dealing with what amounts to a local health crises. If someone at the NUN wasn't interested in the outcome of Walkure's efforts for research purposes, I doubt Xaos would even have the Seigfrieds.
>>
>>14754887
But Basara was actually a musician and a autist while Hayate joined the army/pmc, this is sapce apples and space oranges
>>
>>14756392
>assault concerts
>hacking enemy security with power of song and lesbian relationship
>spreading virus through concert stream and gathering bitcoins by selling lewd pictures of idols
>singing ruins to death

>stopped not being serious
>>
>>14756931
They are incompetent because the Aerial Knights have plot armor.

That's why Hayate has the cancerous refuse to kill AIDS.
>>
>Interviewer: Could you give us some hints about future plot developments to the final episode?
>Yasuda: What will be crucial is Roid of the aerial knights gradually becoming suspicious or rather revealing his ambitions.
>It might be good to focus on what Roid's ultimate goals are and how Keith and Heintz will react to that when it is revealed.
>In that sense, there might be some new discoveries in the story if you look back from episode 1.

It's something when the plot resolution hints doesn't include the main characters.
>>
>>14756931
The previous white knight of Windermere was a member of SMS who helped Frontier according to the novelization (he died trying to stop the bombing).

NUNS isn't NUG. NUG complained about NUNS treatment of Windermere according to the novels and their emissaries turned out mysteriously dead, floating down a river.
>>
>>14758324
> NUNS isn't NUG. NUG complained about NUNS treatment of Windermere according to the novels and their emissaries turned out mysteriously dead, floating down a river.
Now that's literally, cartoonishly, evulz.
>>
File: 1474478744478.jpg (108KB, 640x719px)
1474478744478.jpg
108KB, 640x719px
>>14754420
>Everytime he does that stupid fucking lunge it pisses me off

When they even included it in the fucking OP I realized the fun times were over.
>>
>Yuuma Uchida is the voice of Yuuma Kousaka from Try, Ein from IBO, and Hayate
You know, maybe he's just a curse upon mecha anime.
>>
File: 1460296791832.jpg (57KB, 832x468px)
1460296791832.jpg
57KB, 832x468px
>>14754841
senpai
>>
>>14754119
somebody can this shit for good and forget it ever existed
>>
I think I like IBO more than Delta, and I disliked IBO a lot. The first thirteen episodes were great but I honestly can't tell you what has happened in like thirteen episodes. I remember freyja had a party, and a few people roasted apples before dying the next episode. But other than that I don't remember anything happening.
>>
>>14759350

IBO was frustratingly stupid. Delta has been boring. I don't know which is worse.
>>
File: Walkure fanboys.png (2MB, 1652x918px) Image search: [Google]
Walkure fanboys.png
2MB, 1652x918px
>>14754119
I don't get what you guys don't like about Delta.

I heard it was supposed to go down hill ep14 and on, but I just finished ep17 and the pacing is still good to me.

It slowed a bit, sure, but you need a show to slow down by a few degrees every now and then. you have Mikumo's mysterious past starting to be revealed, Hayate's father's invovlment with the Windmereans is revealed, it's still dishing out stuff and keeping me ingaged. So it's not like the story or characters are coming to a grinding halt of boredom.

In ep18 they're going to be infiltrating Voldor again in an attempt to gather data on the ruins(possibly for their own usage), so it's not like the cast is sitting ideally.

So tell me, when does it actually become shit?

So far, it's enjoyable. I'm sure I'll notice more flaws once I watch it a second time, but so far, it's engaging.
>>
>>14759544
Delta is also pretty stupid at times.
>>
>>14754420
I havent watched all the episodes yet, but I get the feeling he's going to turn out to be a
>I hate walkure and must destroy them wait this song is pretty catchy no i cant walkure a shit no wait i love walkure WOWOWOW
kind of character.

Like how Gigil listened to Basara's song. But in this case Bogue is Gigil and Walkure is Basara.
>>
>>14759577
Gigil was at least aware of the effect that Basara's singing had on Sivil, and concluded that tapping into Anima Spiritia to save her. Bogue is, well, a shit. Unfortunately, he probably will turn into a Walkure fanboy hard.
>>
>>14756439
The problem is that in 7 and Frontier, we get pretty reasonable explanations as to why the NUNG can't just solve every problem.

>7
Fold Faults prevent them from reaching 7 within any reasonable amount of time, especially considering 7 is going farther and farther away from Earth.

>Frontier
Macross Galaxy defied the NUNG system of maintaining technology parity and tried to take over the entire fucking galaxy. Makes for a pretty reasonable argument for the NUNG trying to keep everyone from going too far too fast.

Only in Delta reasonable actions seem to be painted as terrible and criminal.
>Ancient mind-controlling ruins in the hands of anti-Earth bigots that want to genocide your species
>Decide to nuke it
>NOPE THAT'S WRONG
>>
>>14759613
Not just ruins, they hide gigantic protoculture battleship near their capital. Which serves as the key for MC network. Hurr evulz empire.
>>
>>14759618
And to think, the Protoculture did that with the Birdman on Earth, and we're supposed to think of that as a reasonable and good decision in Zero. But when NUNS does it, it's EVUL.
>>
>>14759710
Well writers needed someone superevulz to make windies sympathetic. Too bad they failed. Bad-Eruseans shittiest Macross antagonist ever.
>>
>>14759563
>I don't get what you guys don't like about Delta.

Don't worry Anon, you're allowed to like shit.
Just don't expect others to go along for the ride.
>>
>>14759613

What upsets me more isn't that the people were mad about the NUNs wanting to nuke the ruins (its irreplaceable protoculture artifacts, so thats kinda unfortunate, but for the people on Ragna 'hey lets nuke our home!' is understandably an unpopular decision) but more the fact that nuking the for some reason just advanced the plot in windemere's favor by leveling up the ruins.
>>
>>14759613
>7
>Fold faults

Fold faults weren't really a thing until Macross F, though.
>>
>>14759350
I liked IBO better, too, but really they are two different kinds of shows. Delta is far more lighthearted in its narrative.
>>
>>14759749
I'd rather know the reasons why others think it's shit. It never hurts to hear others opinions and criticisms.
>>
>>14759568

True, but not stupid enough to get frustrating. At least, not for me.
>>
File: VF-19.png (597KB, 1204x900px) Image search: [Google]
VF-19.png
597KB, 1204x900px
>>14759563
I think a bit of it is in how /m/ or /a/ watch shows.

Some shows are fine to marathon, others should be paced out when you're watching them.

7 for example gets a lot of shit because of its pacing, but I think it's largely because people on /m/ bingewatch it rather that stretch it out one or two episodes a day.

I think Delta, particularly by virtue of the second cour being the plot of the planned film paced out and fillered, will be the opposite, and actuall a very enjoyable show to marathon in the future, being light hearted and flashy enough to keep attention without being too much of a bore.

What's happening right now is mostly from us waiting for each weekly episode, coupled with heavy over-discussion, particularly on /a/
>>
Frontier was a masterpiece compared to Delta...
>>
>>14761616

As someone who just finished Frontier this morning, it's not bad. I don't get the hate for it.
>>
>>14761871
People don't hate Frontier, people hate Ranka for being impossibly annoying
>>
>>14761871
>I don't get the hate for it.

I don't like it because it's typical mainstream panderbait. The characters were shitty archetypes which made their behaviour predictable to anyone that's seen enough anime.

I do like the movies, though. It's still panderbait, but done with much better visuals and the plot is condensed to a couple of movies instead of being stretched out for 25 episodes.
>>
>>14754232
nobody gives a fuck. Go be a fucking fag elsewhere.
>>
>>14761554

When bunny hat was emuxing the Macross 7 BDrips with Central Anime's subs, he had a pace of about 2 episodes a week. Ended up doing a re-watch at that pace, and it was damn near perfect. I'd get excited every time my RSS downloader picked up a new episode.
>>
>>147563
>Colonies use what is basically an export models.
Only for Earth-made stuff like the VF-19.

There's a reason why the VF-25 is mainly made and tested by Frontier, while Galaxy used the VF-27 in the time they were running around the galaxy. They made their own VFs so they don't actually have to use shitty export models from Earth.

7 apparently made their own VF based off the export VF-19s they got, Frontier was making the shift to the VF-25.

>>14759613
>Only in Delta reasonable actions seem to be painted as terrible and criminal.
I'll say Xaos' reaction to the actions weren't supposed to be opposing the actions because they are bad, but rather, they have the "What the fuck" reaction when they get news of the use of MDEs.
Its like if the US announced that they are going to nuke the middle east to get rid of ISIS or something, to an extent, its pretty reasonable action, but its just rather ugly to do that and there are better ways.

Winderemere thinks that the use of the nukes/MDE is just plain bad because muh motherland, that's understandable.
Xaos thinks that its not really good to use them, what with the widespread destruction, high risk of friendly/civilian casualty and other possible lingering effects of the use of those weapons especially for MDEs.

I personally think that what Chuck said quite a while back applies to the NUG, when an organisation gets so big, there are bound to be bad people in there.

Personally, I think Roid's plan will just backfire on him in the end, the system probably goes berserk after Mikumo breaks down or something, and it goes full Birdman on everyone, what with all the Zero similarities.
>Sea
>Sky
Or it goes through and everyone, including the Winderemereans, are stuck in the mindcontrolled state until Walkure breaks them out of it.
>>
>>14754268
>Why did the protoculture build it?
Because of their Vajra-boner.

The network is very clearly supposed to be like the Vajra's fold network, complete with the whole linking up brains and shit.
The Protoculture made a lot of fucking terrible shit.
>>
>In SDF, the song DYRL is a love song
>In Frontier, the song Aimo is a love song
So, the Star Song in Delta is also a love song?
>>
>>14762641
Anyway, writing is shit.
>>
File: 1474612013085.jpg (92KB, 1018x725px)
1474612013085.jpg
92KB, 1018x725px
>>
File: slam-formation high.png (596KB, 856x638px) Image search: [Google]
slam-formation high.png
596KB, 856x638px
>>14762684
90% of Macross songs are love songs if you haven't noticed it yet.
>>
File: What gives man.png (2MB, 1280x720px)
What gives man.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>14762803

Absolutely appalling. Some new VF HMR toys would be much more appreciated.
>>
>>14759577
Gigil had the decency to be a somewhat entertaining villain at least, Bogue doesn't even have that.
Gigil also got his LISTEN TO MY SONG moment.
>>
Music medley will not happen in Delta. It will be a whole of episode of talking. This video proves that Frontier > Delta.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Slqa30DSSKE
>>
File: peeping MKII.png (305KB, 810x810px)
peeping MKII.png
305KB, 810x810px
>Macross series
>Macross Cannon is only fired once
>Macross spends half the series as a glorified building and the other half as a glorified battery
>>
>>14760105
Yeah but they retroactively explain why it's not possible to fold up to 7's position in the galaxy throughout 7's episodes.
>>
>>14762881
don't forget that the glorified battery mode sorta resembles missionary position

the docking point is even at the crotch
>>
>>14762654

But if it worked, why hide it and bury it and shit? Its not like Epsilon group has actually improved upon anything they have found so far, they are just figuring out how this system works as is.

If the protoculture had a button they could press that would mind control the galaxy, thus solving their rampaging Zentradi problem without firing a shot, why the fuck didn't they use it?

Maybe there will be an answer to this in the very last episode, after we (presumably) see the system used at full power. But as of what we know right now, there doesn't seem like any real reason for this very powerful and very specific ancient protoculture system to exist in the way it does other than to serve as an artificial powerboost to make Windemere relevant and threatening. Because it never does anything else but that, and we have no explanation on its purpose or history beyond serving as a plot device for windemere.

Its like generic fantasy settings with their absurdly powerful ancient doomsday artifacts that you build the whole story around stopping. What asshole made those relics, and why? Often, no one bothers to ask that question at all.
>>
>>14762881

> macross class ships barely in the show
> battroid mode barely in the show
> Zentradi basically not present, other aliens are given all the screentime
> transforming is a red headed stepchild
> no love triangle, just a broken promise

I mean this in the best possible way, but... why is this a Macross show? Yes, it has music. But it feels like most of the setting and things that make a Macross show a Macross show have been left to wither on the vine.
>>
>>14763405

The latest version triangle has been broken in most shows. 7, Frontier and Zero have all had broken, nearly non existent ones too.
>>
>>14763395
My guess is that it could be it didn't work before because people didn't have those Vajra bacteria on them before and now is the only time it would actually work of course this is just a poor attempt at trying to have it make some sense in it because while it made sense to say that the Protoculture were just trying to ape up Vajra bootlegs because they saw them as teh apex of evolution now it doesn't because they have a fucking galactic weapon.

I don't give a shit about the Protoculture anymore anyway, I want to see who had the tech and numbers to actually take out the Prorotuclture when they were biotech gods
>>
>>14762872
I will never stop laughing if they spend half the episode talking stupid shit
>>
>>14763426
>Frontier
I wish I too was fucking blind because in the TV they at least tried to make it look like there was one, something that hasn't happened here
>>
>>14763449

Accusing other people of being blind while acting like Alto ever showed interest in Ranka is a funny position. Ranka showed interest in Alto, but he never showed interest in her.
>>
>>14763439
The Protoculture destroyed themselves with their chain of bad decisions.

They made the Zents to fight their wars.
They tried to make the Evil series, Protodevlins came in and possessed them, then brainwashed the Zents, sparking off the whole Zentradi vs Supervision Army thing.
The conflict got so bad, the Protoculture was wrecked.
>>
>>14763395
My guess is that the system didn't work as they expected.
Or the system still put a huge strain on the singer and threatens to kill her very quickly at full power even if she's the Star Singer engineered specifically for the system. What use is a mindcontrol system good for if you can only use it at full power for a short moment before the singer dies?
>>
File: oca69jBW5G1sgr3jho1_500.gif (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
oca69jBW5G1sgr3jho1_500.gif
3MB, 500x280px
Tfw Itano circus in the past is well animated compared to now.
>>
>>14759563
Those are asspulls plot threads shoehorned in the second half which is obvious bad writing that benefits the Wind Stus.
It became shit after it around 11-13 when it was announced they wanted to make a movie instead of finishing out the season and Kawamori left the project half way through.
>>
Misa is a military genius. She invented a tactical combat maneuver for the sdf-01 macross namely the 'Daedalus Attack', which then became Marcoss Attack in the future macross series
>>
>>14763737
I wonder if she'll show again in the finale with Minmay. I can also justvas easily see Lady M not making a fucking full frontal appearance at, and they either show her from the back or the lower half of her face smiling. Well, at least Train Man gets his wish.
>>
>>14754119
Well then went worse than expected? How are they going to resolve everything in 1 episode? It's gonna be rushed.
>>
>>14763708
>when it was announced they wanted to make a movie instead of finishing out the season and Kawamori left the project half way through.
I love observing the birth of memes. This bullshit about Kawamori losing interest and dropping Delta is just baseless speculation pulled from someone's ass. But if retards like you post it enough times in few years people will treat it as a fact.

Kawamori was never extraordinarily good, writer and director of Delta are literally who's. It should not be surprising that they managed to fuck everything up because they needed to extend anime to 2nd cour.
>>
>>14763708
>Kawamori left the project half way through.
He did what?

When was this?

So he just brought his whole studio on board to try and make a new entry for his franchise, then he just drops it?

That's pretty fucking low of him.
>>
>>14763881
See >>14763753. It's one person trying to force his new meme.
>>
>>14763509

Well that's from DYRL, so no shit a single high budget movie bound for a theatrical release has better animation than a 26 episode TV show.
>>
File: krudlen.jpg (181KB, 535x671px)
krudlen.jpg
181KB, 535x671px
>>14754119

Lady M is Mylene, the Megaroad Reference was a red herring. The finale will be her riding into battle on Space Falcor and finishing off the Aerial Knights.

Screencap this.
>>
>>14763426
>Frontier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JcsM5eTJvw
This how you do a triangle.
>>
>>14754556
It was a perfectly good idea, because he was the only fucking character who actually ever taught kids to fly. They should have just made him switch sides (after how discontented and mistrustful he was of Roid in general) and then give advice. Hermann teaching Mirage actually makes sense, but not in the way they're doing it right now.
>>
>>14756240
It felt good. Kawamori has portrayed them as assholes since they stopped being Spacy.
>>
>>14756338
Don't forget how one of them nearly makes the universe explode because of time paradox in the anniversary, plus releasing Ehvil series.

That's when the transformation was complete, anon-kun.
>>
>>14756439
>Oh wait, isn't that AKB0048

It's for the movie Walkure Counter attack, with the Windies as their pilots + Hayate because the rest of the pilots are fucking dead weight anyway.
>>
>>14765992

You don't actually believe that's supposed to be Alto seeing her in a romantic light do you? All that's there is him being shocked at how extroverted she is and that both of them are singing in a public and mildly inappropriate time and place. Frontier was as much of a triangle as Delta, however much you consider that to be.
>>
>>14766032
Frontier is the 2nd best triangle after SDF. The teases were real.
>>
>>14766040

If by real you mean Ranka's feelings were real, then sure. Alto never indicates he sees her in a romantic light though. Even in that clip Sheryl is the one flirting and walking towards him as she sings while Ranka walks away as she sings in a happy but non intrusive manner. You can tell Sheryl is flirting and while Alto looks awkward and overwhelmed he's responding - with Ranka he just smiles because he's happy she's actually expressing herself and singing since he knows that's her dream.

The show teased him returning her feelings occasionally by doing things like that shot with one girl reflected in each eye, but Alto himself never responded in a manner indicating he might have feelings for Ranka. And you can say the same about Delta.
>>
>>14766050
Delta doesn't have a triangle. It's one sided since episode 01. There is no point discussing about that, Frontier develloped its triangle better than most Macross.
>>
>>14766130

Frontier's triangle was completely one sided as well though. Ranka was never developed as an actual love interest and it was always Sheryl all the way. And Basara might as well not have been in 7s live triangle, because he certainly showed no interest in Mylene. People acting like Delta did something new and awful by making the triangle one sided seem ignorant of the content of past shows.
>>
Macross Delta is anime version of No Man's Sky: start strong but it's actually nothing.
>>
>>14766040
SDF had shit love triangle when you think about it. Rickaru spends much of the last 10 episodes dicking around two women, Minmay is an airhead who wouldn't give him the time of day but kept him on the hook anyway, and Misa is an otherwise competent grown-up who'd rather put up with his bullshit.
>>
Someone on /a/ delivered. Here's the album.

http://www.bilibili.com/video/av6396593/
>>
>>14766148
Frontier develloped Ranka as a character and a member of the triangle. Delta didn't with Mirage.

>>14766198
SDF has the latter part only for triangle.
>Delta
>Mirage: go look for Freyja

>>14766201
It's from a chinese Website. Here is the DL link for each track:
http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ge2G3rd
Password:15n1
>>
>>14766236
>Delta
>Mirage: go look for Freyja

Worst part is Hayate react is like
>oh yeah i should go look for her
Feels like if Mirage didn't notice him, he won't even think about it.
>>
File: 1446455911193.jpg (13KB, 480x360px)
1446455911193.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>14766236

thanks for the DL link
>>
>>14766198
>SDF had shit love triangle when you think about it. Rickaru spends much of the last 10 episodes dicking around two women, Minmay is an airhead who wouldn't give him the time of day but kept him on the hook anyway, and Misa is an otherwise competent grown-up who'd rather put up with his bullshit.

Spot on. Misa is just a tsundere through and through. And Minmay, the least spoken about her the better. She had a nice character development up until episode 27. After that it all went to shit and didn't make a lik of sense.
The resolution of the "love" triangle is beyond stupid. When people talk of how good the character development and love triangle is in SDF Macross they say that through rose tinted glasses. Because otherwise you'd really see how fucking stupid it all is.
Frontier was a definite improvement over SDF Macross. Especially when it came to character interactions.
Delta has thrust us back 40 years. It's like all the good lessons of Frontier were thrown in the wastebasket.
>>
>>14766236

Frontier developed Ranka as a character, but she was never developed as a love interest. Mirage has got squandered as a character, but she's gotten as much development as a love interest as Ranka.

Why don't you find me one scene where Alto treats Ranka as a love interest? Not as a friend, not as a little sister - as a look very interest.
>>
>>14766339
>Why don't you find me one scene where Alto treats Ranka as a love interest? Not as a friend, not as a little sister - as a look very interest.

Because the triangle dynamics in Frontier is different from that of SDF Macross. In Macross we had Hikaru chasing after Minmay and more or less after Misa. In Frontier it's the opposite. Sheryl and Ranka (Ranka later in the series) both go after Alto. It's not the other way around. Sheryl flirts with Alto from the second episode. Ranka is more shy but if you watch the series you see her going in her own way after Alto.
In any case in a love triangle, one wins and one loses. In Frontier Alto chose Sheryl. Ranka loved Alto but lost. It happens, it's called unrequited love.
In SDF Macross, Hikaru was still fucking undecided until the last minutes of the last fucking episode. That's beyond idiotic.
>>
>>14766339
“You are both my wings”
>>
>>14766359

> A line delivered immediately after Ranka talks about how she, Alto and Sheryl are all friends and need to support each other and whose primary purpose is to act as a pep talk to Sheryl

That line has about all the romantic intensity of a wet fish two weeks after valentines. Or were you just forgetting the actual context of the scene it's said in? Or that Alto was and had been dating Sheryl for several episodes by the time it's said?
>>
>>14766358

> Ranka is more shy but if you watch the series you see her going in her own way after Alto.
> In any case in a love triangle, one wins and one loses. In Frontier Alto chose Sheryl. Ranka loved Alto but lost.

Yes, she had feelings for Alto, but he never indicates that he returns them. Which is no different from Mirage. She has had feelings for Alto and pursued him in her own stupid way from episode 10 or something. Delta is no different from Frontier in that regard, so I've no idea why people are acting like her having feelings for hm, but Hayate not returning them is a massive failure when Frontier did the same thing.

The failure with Mirage isn't that she's not part of a triangle, it's that most of her development happened off screen and what we got of her was mostly boring.
>>
i fucking told you guys that the success of frontier and how cancerriginous the idol culture is today would ruin this show or even the franchise as a whole. expected the next one to be idolmaster/love live tier of focus on idols where the mecha related stuff will just bad drawing in the background.
>>
>>14766414
Idols is the current trend in Japan.
>>
>>14766423
doesn't change the fact they have been ruining way too many franchises in a era were outside of decades old franchise if it is not sucessful it gets canned. next Macross will be all about them and you can forget your dog fights. I wouldn't be surprised if it is set in a idol academy during Frontier for quick bucks
>>
>>14766414
Delta being mediocre has nothing to do with having idols. Run on back to RobotechX now.
>>
>>14766434
Sponsors always want "Mecha, Love Triangle and Music" for a macross. They're the one who decide.
>>
>>14766474
Considering Walkure is the face of Delta, no.
>>
>>14766485

And Minmei was the face of SDF while Sheryl and Ranka were the face of Frontier. The only main character to be the face of his show was Basara. And that's cause he was a singer too, not because the pilot position git more focus in 7.
>>
>>14766485
Delta has mecha and music and they're advertising a love triangle which was Freyja - Hayate - Mirage.
>>
>>14766474
>Sponsors always want "Mecha, Love Triangle and Music" for a macross. They're the one who decide.

The creator of the franchise can grow a pair and say "tough shit, it's my way or no more macross". It's not like Kawamori would be out of job. So why doesn't he ? It's time to put sponsors, toy companies and music companies in their right place.
>>
>>14766534
Kawamori enjoys wacky hijinks with music and idols.
>>
>>14766534
He says that yet manages to put a love triangle on almost everything he makes.
>>
>>14766473

This. The idols are not what ruined Delta.

Honestly, if you removed the idols, Delta would probably be even worse than it is now because then we wouldn't even have good songs. Just flat passive as fuck characters and boring non-fights.
>>
>>14766534
>The creator of the franchise
He isn't the one who fund the new macross.
>>
>>14766613
He gives ideas and sponsors says if it's OK or not.
>>
preview: http://macross.jp/delta/story/?id=27
>>
>>14766474
>Mecha, Love Triangle and Music
None of them done well in Delta though.

>>14766654
So still just knights vs delta team.
>>
>>14763889
>>14763881
Except people are basing this shit on something that Kawamori already did before, he left a anime he was working on , Aquarion Evol, halfway to work on another anime he had just announced, same shit that happened here with the other anime he announced and if what the other poster is saying is true, about the movie, then it just makes it even more likely that this is precisely what happened
>>
https://mega.nz/#!qYQlhJBI!cvLMoXoHyEUFdgIftNS8BSWdmjGvqT9i2b9tKXz18j8
>>
>>14766884
>Kawamori already did before, he left a anime he was working on ,
That's exactly what I was talking about. It is another meme created by /a/ and /m/. People didn't like second part/ending so they started making up all kind of bullshit trying to explain it. And someone came up with theory that Kawamori and Okada abandoned EVOL for AKB0048. 4 years alter and people treat it as a fact.
>>
File: 1426794515333.jpg (49KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1426794515333.jpg
49KB, 400x400px
>>14766912
Based anon.
>>
How would fix Delta then, smart man?
>>
>>14766968
First of all, build a time machine.
>>
>>14766968

This is pretty simple.

First, de-emphasize song buffs. They can still happen, but they should happen much more rarely and be a bigger deal when they arise. Or, at the very least, find a way to show them without constantly slo-mo, which kills all of the interesting fight choreography.

After Messer dies, Hayate realizes he can't beat Keith in the air, and instead starts challenging him to battroid combat while in Messer's plane. Basically explicitly go against the explanation of 'one on one duels are not a real thing in a fight' that Messer gave earlier int he show, because Keith actually DOES work on that logic because of his fuedalistic honor code bullshit. Keith is still dangerous in battroid, but he doesn't have as overwhelming an advantage on the ground as he does in the air, and Hayate is a better battroid fighter than he is a pilot.

While Hayate is in Battroid, Mirage covers him in plane mode. When forced to be in plane mode, Hayate and Mirage have to work together to keep up with the knights, regularly saving each other's bacon. This mutual respect and wingman bromance serves to strengthen that leg of the triangle, even if it isn't explicitly a romantic relationship it is one of deep trust.

Don't waste 4 fucking episodes on 'I think something is up with Mikumo, you guys' only for no one to give a shit after the revelation. Have Mikumo's past get outed MUCH earlier in the show, and actually have some of the other members of Walkure be shaken by this. Kaname might be actually kind of bitter that she lost to what is essentially a singing computer instead of someone who is more talented than her, and Freya (being from Windemere) might be unsure how to deal with someone who is an artificial person, because the Windies don't have the history of cloning that the human civilization does.

Given where things are ending up now, Id say have Mikumo get kidnapped earlier in the show and have Roid spend a longer time breaking her to his side.
>>
>>14766884
>Except people are basing this shit on something that Kawamori already did before, he left a anime he was working on
how many idiots still believe in this rumor invented by /a/ and /m/?
>>
>>14767094

Also, show Delta fighting more than just the Knights themselves. We need both sides to have opponents that they are allowed to best so we can believe that they guys are aces as opposed to total chumps. The knights can show up in the middle and become the focus of the fight then, but unless we get chances to see Arad and Mirage and the rest actually down enemy planes onscreen, it becomes super easy to see them as fucking useless.

The knights, after all, get plenty of chances to BTFO NUN fleets by themselves.

Also, let the windies suffer at least one actual setback that forces them to change up their plans. They would come off as less stu-ish if we felt that Delta had a solid victory over them that mattered just once. This could even be something as simple as Roid being really upset that the ruins on Volderan blew up instead of denying any sense of satisfaction to the victory by 'just as according to keiaku (translators note: keiaku means plan in Windemeren)'.

Other alternatives include the Sigur Vales taking damage from that Macross cannon attack and being unable to deploy for a while, leaving the windies feeling vulnerable and Delta feeling like they bought time. Little shit like that goes a long way.
>>
>>14766884
Source= Your ass?
>>
>>14767146
Or they could have basically copy AC4 plot while shoving idols and protoculture stuff instead of meme superweapons.
>>
>>14767219

I'm not familiar enough with AC4 to say one way or the other there.
>>
>>14767219
Your post is a fucking meme.
You're like ponyfucker who tries to bring MLP to every discussion, but with ace combat.
>>
>>14767222
Delta is more or less it but instead of
>muh Ulysses
>muh refugees
>muh Stonehenge
we got
>muh bombing
>muh protoculture
>muh NUNS
but with faggoty knights instead of based Yellows and idols doing absolutely everything. And no deaths/drama whatsoever.
>>
>>14767232
Fuck off, Delta is basically AC4, but with idorus.
>>
>>14767236
And few weeks ago you (or was it some other retard?) were telling it's AC Zero with Belka and whatever.

With some very broad generalizations I can compare Delta with any anime ever. For example I can make the same retarded comparison with 0079 - muh civilians massacre, muh federation etc.

Also
>they could have basically copy [absolutely different work]
is something only retard would ask. There are reasons people hate rip-offs. They lack originality, uniqueness and freshness, they are predictable and boring.
>>
>>14767219
>copy AC4
Why not just go with AC5 instead? We got a squad and all.
>>
>>14767290
We got no hidden belkans staging the war. It's all windies going full Erusea.
>>
>>14767285
Zeeks were actually competent at gunning down feddies. Windies are joke-tier antagonist.
>>
>>14767303
Did the Windups have refugee overflow problems?
>>
>>14767337
No, it was
>muh bombing
instead. Pretty much the same shit.
>>
>>14767340
...not really, the Erusian shitstorm was largely

>FUCKING STOP FORCING THESE SPACEROCK REFUGEES ON US WE LITERALLY CANNOT SUPPORT REFUGEES FUCKING CHRIST WE'RE ANNEXING THE REST OF USEA BECAUSE WE LITERALLY HAVE NO MORE ROOM FOR SPACEROCK REFUGEES REEEEEEEE

Muh bombing is actually closer to ACAH what with lead villain slavman being ultra butthurt about his wife getting blown up by USAF bombs and not being allowed to pursue justice because officially Russia was never there in the first place.
>>
>>14767388
>ever playing AH
Wew. Anyway windies are 100% certified spess Eruseans, now with 20% more asspulls.
>>
>>14767303
>We got no hidden belkans staging the war
We could have gotten that if Kawamori had went with Epsilon being made up of butthurt Anti-UN folks instead of just being jewish merchants.
>>
>>14768553
Well, they went with simpler route with no 3rd faction involved. I wanted Ghosts of Razgriz 2.0. Anyway, things that'd never happen.
>>
>>14767397
Son do you think this is some kind of mother fucking game?

Are you some kind of arrogant american?
>>
MOBIUS ONE
ENGAGE
RADAR LOCK
MOBIUS ONE
FOX TWO
BREAK
GOOD JOB MOBIUS ONE
VIPER SEVEN
OMEGA ONE
RAPIER SIX
FOX TWO
HARD ENEMY RADAR SPIKE
MOBIUS ONE
INCOMING MISSILE
HERE WE GO
YEEE HOOO
MOBIUS ONE CRASHED
>>
>>14768695
Omega 11
>>
>>14768553

I am actually really sad that there wasn't a more direct link between Epsilon and Galaxy. The technology and plans that ended up in Wiindemere's hands were way too similar to what Galaxy was pushing in Frontier to make for reasonable coincidence, and tying Episilon to Galaxy to remnant anti-UN sentiments that survived Space War One? That would have provided a link between the enemies of three different shows (Zero, Delta and Frontier) that would have given Macross something it has never had: an overarching, persistent enemy. And it would have done so in a very believable way.

Macross can only come up with new ways to make music relevant for a new enemy with new technobabble so many times. It downright impressive how many different spins they have given that so far, but eventually they will hit a wall. Finally having an overarching enemy lets them re-use why music is important a few times, since they are dealing with the latest machinations of the same cerberus-esq organization.
>>
The Draken saved this shitshow from being a complete failure
>>
>>14768695
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD34b9lnkq0
>>
>>14768952
There being remnant Anti-UN sentiments trying to stir shit up would actually be a rather interesting idea.

And it would actually make Winderemere wanting to remove the NUG make sense, since they could have been misled by Epsilon to think that Earth HQ controls everything when every colony is basically on their own for the most of it.
>>
File: delta head on.jpg (897KB, 1281x3597px) Image search: [Google]
delta head on.jpg
897KB, 1281x3597px
>>14768695
>>
Can't wait...but I have a 5k to participate in tomorrow. Gonna have to see the finale tomorrow
>>
>>14762803

OH HELL YES.
>>
>>14761616
>...
Kys
>>
>>14766654
Fat arms armor pack?

Or is it just super pack booster with fat arms?

Is this going boost sales? That means only expect J and C to get that pack for their toys.
>>
>>
>>
>>14769535
yep
>>
Last episode will air in 2h30
>>
>>14769558

I suppose it should be no surprise that that pack looks sleek if slightly boring in fighter mode but just plain boring in both battroid and gerwalk given the show's focus on fighter mode.
>>
>>14769750
any stream link?
>>
>>14769991
vaughnlive.tv/neetball
http://live.bilibili.com/10112

I don't know if the 1st one will be up.
>>
this episode was a complete letdown.
>>
>>14770105
This series was a complete letdown.
>>
>>14770106
The lack of breakdancing VF's was a huge dissapointment, it did have some good episodes, 9 and 18 comes to mind.

Overall i'd give it a 4/10.
>>
so, Freyja won the bowl eh?

missed stream time & got the final moment only.
>>
>>14770113
The episode was confusing. It felt like it was kinda rushed to me.
>>
>>14770113
Yeah she wins, but i didn't feel anything(i pretty like her).
The last episode is too rushed.
>>
>>14770105
>this episode was a complete letdown.

This was obvious since episodes 12-13.
I seriously laugh when Delta-fags try to compare it to Frontier. The premise had potential, a lot of potential; the execution was totally botched though. And this time no need to put the blame on Okada.
>>
File: CtNHhJ3UMAAWjZS.jpg (107KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
CtNHhJ3UMAAWjZS.jpg
107KB, 1200x675px
>>
>>14770127
People need to stop making excuses for Kawamori.

>And this time no need to put the blame on Okada.

Did she have anything to do with Nobunaga? It was pretty clear from that show EVOL was probably more his fault than hers.
>>
File: 3.jpg (29KB, 314x263px)
3.jpg
29KB, 314x263px
I feel like shit for constantly defending "don't worry, Kawamori will say who Lady M by the end" for all these months
>>
>>14770128
What was the point of showing this? We never get to know her backstory.
>>
>>14770128
Cute.
>>
>>14770113

Her prize is Hayate. And just as pertinent, his prize is her. I'm not sure I'd call that "winning". Not that Mirage would be any better. At least Mirage has a nicer body though I guess. Still, whoever won, they deserve each other and all the mediocrity they'll enjoy with each other.
>>
>>14770135
Because it's cute?
>>
At least for once the younger idol won. I can give Delta something at the end.
>>
>>14770143
she wasnt cursed by green hair.
>>
>>14770148
It's red hair that was suffering this time
>>
>NotISIS man still around
>War didn't even properly end, nothing really got resolved between the parties
>ONE SECTION OF DYRL
>NO LADY M REVEAL AT ALL, WHAT THE FUCK?
>No lifespan fix or anything

I liked the double confession and HayaFre getting confirmed but fuck that was so disappointing
>>
>>14770143
>At least for once the younger idol won
The one in Macross 7 Trash did before it.
>>
>>14770159
I was more counting mainline stuff but okay sure
>>
File: 006.png (704KB, 2029x1070px) Image search: [Google]
006.png
704KB, 2029x1070px
>>14770143
>>14770159
>>
>>14770167
What do you mean by "Mainline" stuff? There is no such thing in Macross.
>>
Can we safe to say, Winderemere are the most boring villain in recent years.
>>
>>14763965
you're also forgetting that itano doesn't do macross anymore
>>
>>14770188

I'm not actually, because even if Itano was on board for Delta it could not, under any circumstance, look as good as DYRL given the relative budget and time constraints.
>>
>>14770186
Yes. And the worst ace squadron ever.
>>
>>14763509
Why wasn't this sexy beast in more than one episode of the TV show? Not counting that weird as hell "dream" clipshow.
>>
File: 1397319642939.jpg (26KB, 187x190px)
1397319642939.jpg
26KB, 187x190px
I POSTED IT ON /a/ ALREADY BUT MY ANGER NEEDS TO TRANSCEND BOARDS BUT, WELL YOU KNOW WHAT? AT LEAST I HAVE AXIA

I LOVE THAT SONG

I CAN AT LEAST REMEMBER THE GOOD TIMES OF DELTA

GODDAMN WHY IS LITERALLY EVERY KAWAMORI SHOW SINCE FUCKING M7 LIKE THIS? GREAT FIRST HALF, SECOND HALF GOES TO SHIT WHILE COMPLETELY FORGETTING WHY I LIKED THE FIRST HALF
>>
SRW when
Will it get the GSD treatment
>>
>>14770143

Don't worry she will be dead in like a couple years so Hayate has the other one on reserve until then.
>>
>>14770203
Wasn't /a/ is full of Delta shills right now.
>>
>>14770235
No
>>
>>14770239
What? they give up defend this show?
>>
>>14770203

Axia, Kaname and Messer are my triangle once Messer died the series fell off a cliff
>>
>>14770245
They haven't had a mass defense of this show since like episode 20 or something

>>14770248
Killing Messer was a mistake

At the time it seemed like such a great idea and plot direction but now I realize it did nothing good for the show
>>
Movie when?
>>
>>14770255

Keeping Messer around wouldn't have been any better really, since he'd have just run his rivalry with Keith in to the ground. It was already wearing thin by the episode he died since there had been a few episodes where they sparred with no real outcome beyond "grrr...next time Delta force!".
>>
And thus ends the worst Macross show.
>>
>>14770273

its tied with F as the worst
>>
are they still manually controlling that barrier thing like in the first show?
>>
>>14770277
No, I legitimately think F is better.

I used to think Delta was miles better during it's first half, even thinking it was better than 7 but fuck Frontier at least had fights and answered it's plot points.
>>
>>14770284

they had different strengths and weakness but ended up in the same shitty ending

i will never watch either show again all the way through
>>
>>14770277
Frontier Finale was fukin hype though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjmDfoqf6bo
>>
File: CtNWArbUsAQsAwX.jpg (137KB, 1200x675px)
CtNWArbUsAQsAwX.jpg
137KB, 1200x675px
>>
File: 4397112cjw1f8689f6wzsj21hc0u0wrh.jpg (478KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4397112cjw1f8689f6wzsj21hc0u0wrh.jpg
478KB, 1920x1080px
>>14770128
I'm pretty mad when i saw this scene, because we should had a episode(of half episode) that about loli Mirage with bunch of Jenius, but nope, let's write some fanservice scene.
>>
Hayate and Freyja ruined Macross.

>>14770292
Frontier was a masterpiece compared to this shit. The story actually went somewhere and built up to a climax. Both SMS and the NUNS progressed along with the series.

Delta stagnated with episode 13 and literally nothing happened. Even befre that point, it was the same SHIROKISHI, SHINIGAMI air duel shit. Actually characterising the Windemereans made it harder to kill them off and made a lot of the fights moot and pointless.
>>
>>14770309
>Hayate and Freyja ruined Macross.
The writer ruined macross not those two.
>>
>>14770292
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjmDfoqf6bo
Rewatching this, it does feel that they tried to do this again but on Windermere.
>Ranka is Mikumo
>Sheryl being the rest of Walkure.
>Roid being Grace.
>Keith
>>
>>14770278
I don't think so.
>>
>>14770323
>I now realise this is just a rehash of Frontier where Ranka won and Sheryl stayed at the piloting academy and had all character removed from her
Well, it makes sense now. It's Frontier without the few good things about Frontier.
>>
>>14770186
No, the Heinzbowl, Freyja and the first cour songs were the only good things about Delta.
>>
File: 1399758163183.gif (1MB, 300x191px)
1399758163183.gif
1MB, 300x191px
Man this was really shitty, goddamn
>>
Yoshino was right after all.
>>
>>14770371
>Yoshino
who?
>>
Someone contact the Valvrager so he can make a pic denouncing this as the ultimate shit anime instead of GSD/Zegapain/VVV or whatever he is raging at the moment
>>
>>14770378
Hiroyuki Yoshino(screen writer).
>>
>>14770388
What did he say?
>>
>>14770395
He did Macross Frontier and he is a writer that don't want to become Kawamori's puppet.
>>
>>14769558
Frontier had a better Super Pack. Delta has better Battroids, but Frontier had a better super pack as well as equipment usage.
>>
>>14770308
Oh hey look VF-9s
>>
>>14770395
He bailed on Kawamori when he wanted to make Delta and he was the one who made Frontier into a coherent anime instead of the mess that is Delta, Kawamori was the one who forced the triangle in Frontier too, at least Yoshino was competent enough to still give Ranka some focus instead of completely forgeting she exists or saying retarded bullshit like how Mirage couldn't be competent because Messer was already competent
>>
>>14770413

> Delta has better Battroids

How would you even know? Past episode one battroid barely appears.
>>
>>14770420
Truly a shame. And I was looking forward to seeing them in action too.
>>
>>14770413
>Delta
>Battroids
>>
>>14754119

Well the last episode is truly upon us and ....
it explains where all the budget of the last 20 episodes went. It's not a great finale in terms of story but man the action. I wished the last 13 episodes could have had some of that. For one episode and one episode only it reminded me of how cool Frontier was. A real pity the rest of Delta is so fucking underwhelming.
>>
>>14770303
typical /m/ hivemind character
>>
File: 1474812740154.jpg (63KB, 440x660px) Image search: [Google]
1474812740154.jpg
63KB, 440x660px
>>14770128
>>
>>14770417
Too bad Okouchi Mk 2 was not competent enough to avoid writing shit like Guilty Crown or creating Seikon no Qwaser aka Breastmilk as a powerup.
>>
File: 189czfa012n9yjpg.jpg (57KB, 640x360px)
189czfa012n9yjpg.jpg
57KB, 640x360px
>>14770457
wow was it really that dissapointing?
this is the same guy who written the original macross right? did he lose his way or something?
>>
>>14770480
>wow was it really that dissapointing?this is the same guy who written the original macross right? did he lose his way or something?

It's disappointing because the finale episode gives you a glimpse into how much better Delta could have been and was not. The fault is entirely on the writer/s and sponsors with their ridiculous impositions. Delta is clearly a wasted opportunity. At this point the only way to come clean is to make a real feature length movie (that doesn't rehash the series). A reimaginig of Delta if you will. But they will need to basically re-write everything.
>>
>>14770480

The further Kawamori's involvement with the show is, the better. For SDF and 7 he did nothing more than pitching the concept and designing the VFs.
>>
>>14757049
I would like to point out that Hunter in the original Macross was anti-military at first. He was a performer that flew for the joy of it, and he only joined the military because a) someone he respected pressured him into it and b)he was was worried about losing the interest of Minmei
>>
File: 1473437538090.gif (2MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1473437538090.gif
2MB, 300x200px
>>14770497
>Hunter
>>
File: 1474678880977.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474678880977.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
>>14770497
>hunter
>>
>>14770417
Source? I don't see any of that there: https://karice.wordpress.com/2016/07/31/p516/
>At that time, [we] all wondered, “Won’t the viewers be angry?” “Probably. But that’s fine, I’m prepared for that.”1 But after than, when the feedback from the viewers had come in, Kawamori-san may have gotten rather down. It seems like he was really bothered [by what everyone said]. However, whilst watching both girls on stage during the concert at the Budoukan, we had the following conversation: “It’s good that we didn’t settle it, huh?” “True that. If we’d settled it, this concert would definitely have been rather strange.” (chuckles).
>>
>>14763737
yes, My vote for Lady M
>>
>>14770494
is there any homages to past shows at least? its an anniversary show so i expect it to be
>>
>>14770480
>Written the original Macross
No
>>
>>14770502
Its in the artbook where Yoshino voices being surprised about the whole triangle thing the fans kept saying, he said he was pretty objective in the story with the whole thing about Sheryl having sex with Alto and being the girl he actually liked
>>
>>14770134
It's Nana.
>>
>>14770480
Other than the original concept and the final episode he didn't write the show. In fact he wasn't even in charge of the show and credited largely as mechanical designer and storyboarder for a few episodes.
>>
>>14770517
the idol central episodes im sure
>>
Delta ended fittingly: with disappointments.

Everything sucks in the god damned show. Fuck you Kawamori.
>>
>>14770308

I like that Max and Millia, or maybe one of their daughter's opened a civilian air company. I'd love to see a special about it, even if only a few minutes long, just to see what kind of stuff they fly, both what kind of VFs/planes they fly and what kind of routes or flights they use them on. Is there much to that flashback? I'll probably look up it up on Youtube in a few days once it's posted.

>>14770497

Hunter aside I'd like to point out that the main reason he joined the military had nothing to do with either of those and was in fact because he stood by as the Zentradi attacked the Macross, Macross City being devastated as a result and Minmei nearly dying and decided that contrary to all his bitching he couldn't actually just stand by again in future and wanted to do something about it or help, even if only in a small way.

He consulted Roy and Minmei about it, and their opinions on him joining were certainly a bonus, but the main reason he joined was that he didn't want to be helpless while things were getting fucked up around him.
>>
File: 1474758969055.png (234KB, 413x448px) Image search: [Google]
1474758969055.png
234KB, 413x448px
>>14770525
>Hunter
>>
so Robotech is superior thread takes over?
>>
>>14770529

> Hunter aside
> Implying that's even using the name is the same as acting like it's the real name
> No reading comprehension
>>
>>14754119
To the question of what I want in the last episode, I will give you an answer that will clearly put me in the minority.

I want a cliffhanger to set us up for a second season.

I want to see Roid's mucking around wake up something ancient from the time of the Protoculture. I want their to be a closing of the circle from the original SDF Macross (remember how it's fold reactor disappeared in that first jump?), connects to the Marduk Emulator from Macross2, ties in all the bits of lore, and forces Chaos, the Windies, NUNS, and everybody else still standing to come together for a massive fight for survival.

A fight that will change the Galaxy, and take a whole season to do it.
>>
>>14770529
>>14770534
I fully accept that I am using the wrong name, but I have always been bad with names, so I might as well be Very wrong than try to fake it...

My point still stands. Every main protagonist in the Macross series has been a man motivated, and at times controlled, by emotions in contradiction to logic.
>>
>>14770567
was basara logical?
he was just singing and confusing everyone
>>
Keith saved the galaxy. Bogue saved Walkure. Heinz ended the war.

What did Hayate do? Was Keith the mc all along?
>>
>>14770595
Delta Platoon looked like total geeks to the end

What a shitshow
>>
>>14770567

Every man is controlled by emotions and not logic - because non of us is Spock. Pointing it out is a rather empty statement, and you're still wrong in acting like Hikaru chose to join the UN Spacy because of Minmei or Roy given that he chose to join because he saw what an attack could do to one civilian center he had left and the people in it and wanted to help prevent that in future.
>>
>>14770595

Hayate was a pacifist little shit who should have killed Keith. But its okay Delta outside Messer were collectively terrible. So its fitting the Ariel Knights saved the day in the end.
>>
>>14770663
>Macross has been infected by cancerous no kill protagonists

Holy shit
>>
Just finished watching it, and I felt the ending was lacking in impact for a number of reasons. While there was plenty of foreshadowing for them, the actual buildup for Roid's actions was insufficient. Additionally, the final conflict itself wasn't very climactic since it conveniently tosses the rivalries that did actually get some buildup in previous episodes (Keith vs. Hayate, Mirage vs. Herman) aside for both sides to unite against a common enemy that was only introduced in the very same episode.

The whole "mass coma followed by an epiphany that results in the heroes winning the day by singing" was reminiscent of the ending of 7, minus all of the parts that actually made the ending of 7 good. If Delta ever gets a movie, I hope that they try and fix these problems.
>>
>>14770678

> implying Keith got any build up with Hayate

That rivaly was dead before it even got off the ground being as how Hayate defeated him at the half way point of the series without any build up, pay off, consequence or even comment. He had a more compelling rivalry with Cassim since he at least interacted with him and felt some emotion about him, even if it was a weak rivalry too.
>>
>>14770678

It lacked impact because it was predictable. Keith and Roid were always going to come to blows. Roid saving the lesbians as well. The way Windemere was destroying NUNs and Chaos it was only through their own hands this was going to end.
>>
>>14770693

Bogue saving the lesbians. woops
>>
>>14770689
>
That rivaly was dead before it even got off the ground being as how Hayate defeated him at the half way point of the series without any build up, pay off, consequence or even comment.

Yeah, I also thought that was an extremely stupid development considering that Messer, while being buffed by the Var and Kaname's song, lost against Keith in the battle right before that one, where he gets shot down and loses an eye to a pilot that is vastly inferior to Messer in ability. They could and should have milked that rematch for an incredible payoff later on.
>>
>>14770663
If Keith died, the galaxy would have been enslaved by Roid by now. Keith's the true hero of Macross Delta.

Best fighter. Best looking Valkyrie. Prettiest face.
>>
>>14770663
>>14770671
Keith should have been the MC. Although it'll be like Windfag Alto without a drag queen backstory.
>>
>>14767304
>Windniggers kill entire NUNs fleets
>incompetent
>nearly succeed at their plans until Walkure's resident mary-sue magics up a solution at the 11th hour
>incompetent
>>
>>14770465
>Mirage tits
Hoo boy.
>>
>>14770737
Asspulls and plot armor does not make them competent. They can't even capture PoWs properly.
>>
>>14770737

What solution did she magic up out of interest?
>>
File: i don't even.png (12KB, 205x1066px)
i don't even.png
12KB, 205x1066px
> the finale episode of Delta
> rewind the whole Delta episode again
> tfw i have no idea about Delta, at all
at least Freyja won the bowl, Mirage BTFO.

>>14770277
> tied with F as the worst
nah, don't think so.

>>14770678
> If Delta ever gets a movie, I hope that they try and fix these problems.
that won't work well.
>>
>>14770752
She just rune pika pika'd them out of a galactic mind control situation. Like seriously? No other Windemere, man, woman, or child, loved their kids or their spouse or their fucking dog enough to pika pika themselves and all their friends from it but Freyja can? Yeah, go blow yourself Delta.
>>
>>14770776

Well, this is setting where Hayate can prevent himself from ever going berserk again by saying "I'll never let that make me go berserk again". So it's not like the show didn't foreshadow it I guess. Still dumb as he'll, in both cases. There's no satisfaction or drama to be drawn from it as a solution, it's just resolving the problem because the writers are bored of it and/or ran out of time.
>>
m/e/n, is there a released track for the music Mikumo sings when Ketchup-kun orders her to sing? The one with the DYRL intro?
>>
File: draken sword.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
draken sword.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Draken III confirmed coolest VF ever
>>
I guess Kawamori's motives with Delta were just too complex for you guys
>>
>>14771076

Or you know, not. Delta is a pretty straight forward show. Making it quite boring and removing the entertaining but controversial aspects (like breakdancing) doesn't make it complex. Or would you actually like to try and qualify that statement with some proof of it's complexity instead of acting like an elitist about it?
>>
>>14771084
We've gotten off topic let's move on
>>
>>14771089

Sure, if you say so. It's not like you were the one that brought the topic up. Or that discussing whether Delta succeeded or not, and how is actually quite on topic for a Delta thread.
>>
>>14771089
Whats wrong, was that post to complex and you didn't understand?
>>
File: 12123124831.jpg (111KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
12123124831.jpg
111KB, 500x500px
whats with all the hate for delta?
i was disgusted at the start because of the idolshit but now it is actually my 2nd favorite macross up until now and the only reason for that is Freyja
>>
>>14771236

I don't hate it, I just think it's boring. Boring enough that I stopped watching it, and nothing I've heard in the couple of weeks from these threads has made me want to pick it back up. I find Freyja a boring Mary Sue though, and think both Hayate and Freyja are pretty dull too. Most of the cast are completely unengaging actually. I wish Mikumo and Kaname had been the idols, since they at least have things I feel invested in. I'd put it with II as just kind of there Macrosses. I like all the rest to varying degrees, but while I think II and Delta have things to like about them they're just kind of dull on the whole and only enjoyable in theory rather than reality thanks to the execution.
>>
>>14770776
Because Freyja was a Wind Singer. It's all but confirmed because she, Heinz and Mikumo had a connection (Freyja's weirdly boosting Mikumo is because she descends from the original star singer).
>>
>>14771280
Delta was boring to me because it became the HayaFre show. They're a cute couple and their relationship dynamic is pretty good with their banter.

But it detracted from literally every other aspect of the show. I'm not a hard shipper, so while I have favourites, I don't mind which way things go so long as the show is enjoyable. The show lost all momentum in the episodes after Messer's death and just stagnated from there.
>>
>>14771236
It's pretty disappointing, and here on 4chan "disappointing" explodes into post after post of angry rants.

If people actually hated it, it'd be like VVV or IBO where there'd be numerous threads every episode trying to trigger people.
>>
>>14771284

The only time I felt invested in Hayate and Freyja's relationship was when her singing was causing him to freak out, since it provided a personal conflict for them to over come. The show resolved it in the most lazy way I can think of though, with Hayate just declaring he wouldn't let it happen again. Which left only them doing cutesy shit I don't care about like making snow for each other and blushing when they look or think about each other. I don't mind cutesy moments, but the show has to build appropriately to them and dole them out as a reward for over coming difficulties I think, not throw them in every other episode in place of any kind of drama or conflict. And with no investment in the only thing the show was spending it's time on anymore I bailed because there was nothing left for me to enjoy.
>>
>>14771295
That pissed me off too. It was just handwaved away. First time he said it wouldn't happen again, it still flipped out. Second time and it's suddenly okay.

>>14771290
I'm glad Delta isn't as popular as it could have been, because I'd be a lot more pissed about it.
>>
>>14770756
>at least Freyja won the bowl, Mirage BTFO.
Nah, it's Mirage finally escape from them.
>>
>>14771060
last minute add-on?
>>
File: 1474838401533.jpg (35KB, 536x432px) Image search: [Google]
1474838401533.jpg
35KB, 536x432px
>it was supposed to be 1 cour and a movie
>when writing episode 4 we were told it will be 2 cours
>we had to chop up the material for the movie to fill the second cour
>>
>>14771528
That just shows they're terrible writers. They could've had slice of life happen in a lot of the episodes in the second half but didn't do anything.
>>
>>14771528
>>14771682
OR LET MIRAGE DO ANYTHING
>>
>>14771528

So, that means we will not get movies that try to fix this crap?
>>
I'm sorry if this is kind of off topic but I didn't want to make a new thread just for this

Does anyone know where to find the Codename Robotech movie for download? I have tried everywhere and the only ones coming up are Spanish dubbed/subbed.
>>
>>14771528
The actual scripting for a show usually happens like a year or so before actual production. This doesn't excuse anything about the second half.
>>
File: image.jpg (129KB, 610x862px)
image.jpg
129KB, 610x862px
So i guess sheryl is still the best girl?
>>
File: delta.gif (1MB, 480x270px)
delta.gif
1MB, 480x270px
Can someone be a dear and post that gif/webm of some dude watching multiple videos of this
>>
>>14772454
> It was a greatly extended version of Gloval's Report, the fourteenth television episode that summarizes the beginning of the series.
why bother
>>
>>14772614
yes

Lady M info is the only interesting thing to have happened since Messer's death.

It's too bad the 2nd half overtook the action with bad storytelling and introducing subplot elements that you just can't connect with. I was fine with Hayate being a drifter with no sense of direction but they had to rope him back into a sense of importance with the whole dad subplot. Even having him pilot a VF-22 isn't enough to get me interested.

Let's not forget the whole Mikumo is an artificial human made from the Star Singer BS thing that's suddenly being made the focus of the finale. The pacing is terrible, why introduce this now with so little screentime left? Makes it hard to really give a shit at this point.

I just want to see an epic final dogfight, an appearance by Lady M, and a reason why all this shit is only happening within the last 3 episodes with little regard for everything that came before.

>>14754297
>Maybe Delta will get made into a pair of movies and actually be good.
hopefully this.
>>
>>14772614
worst girl
i liked frontier until sheryl won the triangle
i dropped the frontier movies because of sheryl
ranka >>>> dog shit>>>>minmey>>>>>>>>>>sheryl
>>
>>14773010

That's kind of a silly reason to dislike a show, and sounds like shipper reasoning. Why do you dislike Sheryl so much out of interest?
>>
File: researching idols.webm (941KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
researching idols.webm
941KB, 1280x720px
>>14772641
Thread posts: 367
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.