[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neo Ranga

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I made a thread on /a/ but I've got a feeling no one will reply.
I just started Neo Ranga and so far it's been really good, What does /m/ think of it?
How big of an inspiration was it for Macross Zero, or does it only have similar tribal aesthetics
>>
I'm watching it right now, im like 10 episodes in. It's ok i guess.
>>
>>14753063
It gets much better in the second half
>>
>>14753074
Nice, im gonna keep watching it either way since it's so short.
>>
I stopped on episode 11 due to wanting to finish other things. It wasn't going as expected but I still like it. I actually like the SOL stuff.
>>
>>14753061
Zero is shamelessly just Kawamori doing his new age thing, even though it lacks cohesion to its narrative flow.

Any commonality to Neo Ragna, I chalk up to channeling the same zeitgeist.
>>
>>14753917
>Zero is shamelessly just Kawamori doing his new age thing, even though it lacks cohesion to its narrative flow.
Except it doesn't and is easily the best entry in the franchise.
>>
>>14753959
Would you like to explain why?
>>
>>14753061
One of my favorite /m/ series. Love how it shows the sisters daily lives and their struggles with the town over their pet god.
>>
>>14753972
tolerable music, decent pacing, decent characters, Afos was a work of art, great action, fluid animation, and my gut said it was excellent
>>
>>14754009
>decent pacing
But it practically jumps thematic issues once every episode.

I feel it did not do justice the addressing of how modern society annihilates indigenous cultures, instead opting to juggle a rather meaningful subject with the unification war's collateral damage, or the borderline imperialist overtones going on with the anti-UN guys who just want the island for its bird-man thing, and then there's the clusterfuck ending that gets ruined twice over by Monster out of fucking nowhere deciding to shoot the bird-man because no one can have nice things.

I'm really mad about Zero, it's a bunch of good ideas that the franchise could raise alongside its spread-your-culture message, but none of them are really handled as well as they ought to.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.