[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So /m/, as one of the slowest board on 4chan I have to ask. Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 28

File: Big Boss.jpg (78KB, 600x950px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.jpg
78KB, 600x950px
So /m/, as one of the slowest board on 4chan I have to ask. Why do you guys come here?
What brought you here in the first place?
How long have you been here for?

The reason why I ask is because I recently discovered that an ancient drawfag from /m/'s long gone past, may have died.
From there I started remembering all the tripfags, the rp'ing, all the weird and funny stuff /m/ would get into back in the day. Honestly I'm not sure why I'm still here.
>>
>>14752200
Toku and Gunpla.
Toku and Gunpla.
For a while.
>>
Mecha.
Mecha.
4 years? Wow. I didn't realize that 4 years have passed already.

We are all here forever anon.
>>
File: 1337040296355.jpg (145KB, 561x455px) Image search: [Google]
1337040296355.jpg
145KB, 561x455px
>>14752200
Been chilling here since '07, it feels like an eternity, though to be honest these days I just sit in /srwg/

Fuck man do you remember the old Lair of Evil threads? The rping annoyed me, but it was a different time.
>>
File: ingram_converted.webm (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ingram_converted.webm
1MB, 640x480px
>>14752200
I like mecha. Pretty simple.
I'd like stuff more involving though. Like a /m/ watches thread.
>>
File: Dougram's last repose.jpg (713KB, 931x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Dougram's last repose.jpg
713KB, 931x1280px
>>14752200
I can talk about mecha new and old and it's nice because I get to discover things yet unknown to me and chat about the things I do know about. These things play into each other, and it entertains me in multiple ways.
>>
>>14752221
Also this. Discovered so many great shows because of this board. Would never have seen Dougram or Tekkaman Blade without /m/
>>
>>14752200
>as one of the slowest board on 4chan
We're not even close to that. Ever been to /po/ or something?

I've been here since... I think Heroman was just starting (it's weird, I still think of me as a newfag even though I've been here for over five years already). I was just a noob back then looking to get into giant robots, and hey this place looks kinda neat let's check it out. Every once in a while /m/ is worth it and some people know what they're talking about, which is more than I can say about most of the boards.
>>
>>14752200
>The reason why I ask is because I recently discovered that an ancient drawfag from /m/'s long gone past, may have died.

Was it the Project ENIS guy? I've been here since 2005. I come here less since I got out of college and got a full time job, but I still try to visit once a day for a few minutes.
>>
File: 1392335520592.jpg (543KB, 700x1100px) Image search: [Google]
1392335520592.jpg
543KB, 700x1100px
>Why do you guys come here?
Mecha and Toku. Though it helps that things like Mega Man and Digimon also pop up here from time to time. I generally just swing by now when something /m/ related comes to mind or I'm that bored.

>What brought you here in the first place?
I can't remember exactly. I started board roaming after getting over /vp/'s nonsense I think. Was pleasantly surprised when I discovered that a lot of the things I really liked fell under /m/'s banner and that shitposting was at a bare minimum. It was also around the time Gaim and ToQGer were airing so I was fairly active here for that period.

>How long have you been here for?
Gaim was something like 2013 so probably three years on and off? Though likely closer to one and a half if breaks don't count.
>>
>>14752200

Mecha...

Probably too much. 2007 with Gundam 00, wow, almost ten years. I've almost twenty-nine years, but frankly I do not care if i'm one of the oldest, I bet there are even more old people here. In the end what does it matter?

>Honestly I'm not sure why I'm still here.
The problem of /m 4chan is that it's quite handy. You can find a ton of pics, there is an updated thread for Super robot wars, you can constantly speak bad things about Destiny and and Aldnoah Zero .

There is also to say that i do not go a lot in the other sections.
>>
>>14752200
We're nowhere near the slowest like someone already mentioned but that's neither here nor there.

I came here because memes. Literally, just checked the place out because of joke pictures for /m/ shows and stuff.

Probably 6 years now? At least 5 for sure.

I honestly don't come here as often anymore but even shitposting included it's still the best place to talk about mecha and toku (aside from with my friends) provided you're talking with the right people.
>>
File: Bucock.png (44KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
Bucock.png
44KB, 160x120px
>>14752200
1: I like mecha, and I've been here for so long this place sorta feels like my home. I dunno what I'd do without it, no matter its state.

2: A friend of mine who knew I liked mecha recommended it to me a long time ago.

3: Shit, I don't remember the exact date but I remember first coming to /m/ my freshman year of college, which was in...2006, I think. At least one oldfag has told me he remembers me being a newbie back then.
>>
>>14752200
I dig giant robots.
>>
File: meh.ro9410.png (264KB, 316x464px) Image search: [Google]
meh.ro9410.png
264KB, 316x464px
I come here discuss and/or shitpost about Taiwanese tapestries involving giant robots beating the shit out of each other.

I remembered G Gundam's dub and came here because it was a board dedicated to mecha. What better place to discuss the genre?

I've been here since about 2012 or 2013. Fucking hell, that's about three or four years now. Also, when I first started posting here I thought it would be a good idea to namefag, and in attempting to fit in, I was just obnoxious.
>>
>>14752200
To talk about cute girls from 80s anime and manga, because /a/ doesn't care about them.
>>
>>14752200
I can't remember if I was using the board for a bit before it, but when I was walking out of Pacific Rim I suddenly realised that I hadn't watched any mecha anime in years and immediately set out to collect a list of shows to watch.

I'm still here because I like talking about mecha, but I think /m/ is pretty garbage for discussing airing mecha these days. Nobody wants to discuss a show unless it's the popular show that people are only watching to complain and shitpost about.

Active Raid threads barely move and /m/ actively shunned Concrete Revolutio, I don't really have much respect left for the posters after that.
>>
>>14752456
>Active Raid threads barely move

Because Active Raid is pretty good with a story managed quite well. There's not much to laugh about. It's like Patlabor. Everyones love it here, but it does not offer much to do shit posting.
>>
>>14752200
Mecha

I think I came here in 2012 it was definitely before Pacific Rim, I think I might have joined during the big 4chan cup and around the creation of /m/-tan
>>
>>14752200
To chill and talk about Turn A.
To chill and talk about robots.
Since '08.
>>
>>14752766
>to see how liberal/leftist the board still is.

Is this supposed to be a problem?
>>
>>14752766
>I have since become a humongous faggot and find that shit boards suit me better
>>
>>14752200
Digimon, Getter, miscellaneous discussions of stuff I like, recommendations, and I like the pace/feel of this board.
I have been coming to this site for almost a decade and it officially reached the point I hate /a/ which that and buyfag threads have been my bastion since the older board I've been to fell into disrepair. I came here because my friend started getting me into mecha recently and this board is really just the /a/ oldfag retirement home where things are now chill and actual discussions happen sometimes.
I used to pop my head on for Digimon thread. I'm probably one of the like top 5 autists for the series on this site. But i only regularly started lurking and occasionally posting about 3 months ago because of what I said earlier.
>>
File: 1460093916946.png (945KB, 900x696px) Image search: [Google]
1460093916946.png
945KB, 900x696px
>>14752766
>branched out to ... /pol/
>>
>>14752777
/m/ is not the real world, nor is it about politics.
>>
>>14752766
>/v/, /tv/, /k/, /jp/ and /pol/ and find /m/ doesn't suit me anymore.
I mean of course it doesn't suit you. You are pretty much now just frequenting the shitposting cancer boards. /jp/ might be the first cancer board of this entire site, besides the obvious /b/.
>>
>>14752200
Mecha, mecha, don't know for sure.

But I like you all.
>>
Could someone bring that monkey escaped from /pol in his cage? I do not want his shit in my garden.
>>
>>14752791
>But I like you all
I like you too, anon. Don't go to the colonies tomorrow.
>>
>>14752766
>liberal/leftist the board still is.

This is actually the first time I ever heard us described as 'leftist.' I mean, compared to /pol/ we are, but that's not saying much.
>>
>>14752801
>Funny considering these "cancer" boards are much more relevant than /m/.
Cancer and shitposting are also more relevant to modern 4chan then actual discussion. What's your point?
>>
>>14752777
Shit you really guzzled the kool-aid man.
>>
>>14752802
Actually it's quite apolitical here, we joking about Zeon or Federation laziness, but nothing more.
>>
>>14752811
>being a shitheap makes you relevant

It's bad enough /m/ has an arrogance problem, I'd rather they stay "irrelevant" as you say.
>>
>>14752811
Well you're more than free to go back to them.
>>
>>14752801
>Funny considering these "cancer" boards are much more relevant than /m/.
>much more relevant than /m/

And ? I mean, what's your point ? you're trying to find relevance in the grand scheme of life on a taiwanese surfing board ? Why do you care ?
>>
>>14752811
Yes and so?
I do not understand why it should be a problem.
>>
>>14752815
>it's an "altright fishing for (you)s" poster

Well congratulations, here's that (you).
>>
>>14752826
AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks man, that was a good kek
>>
>>14752826
>BELIEVING IN MEME MAGIC

you have to be 18 or older to post on 4chan.
>>
>>14752826
>4chan influences the world.

Ehm... right.
>>
>>14752829
4chan isn't a hivemind you dip, there's people from all over who post here with different beliefs. An entire website can't be entirely right or left wing, conservative or liberal unless its a news website or something
>>
File: 00000 SHtiposting.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
00000 SHtiposting.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>14752837
>/And this is why /m/ stay irrelevant
>Giant robots
>GIANT ROBOTS THAT FIGHT

Anon...you have problem, and it has nothing to do with your political ideas. It's more serious.
>>
File: 8c6.gif (443KB, 480x238px) Image search: [Google]
8c6.gif
443KB, 480x238px
>>14752841
Underage pls.
>>
>It's another "/pol/ thinks we hate them because we're liblels and not because /pol/ is off topic garbage"
>>
File: Dont be a cockhorse.jpg (36KB, 704x320px) Image search: [Google]
Dont be a cockhorse.jpg
36KB, 704x320px
>>14752846
>To be a 4channer is to reject the mainstream liberal politics.

Anonymoose is LEEJUN, m i rite guiz? xD

We're not a hivemind, take the off-topic shit elsewhere.
>>
>>14752861
That's not what he was implying
>>
This was such a good thread, what went wrong?
>>
>>14752200
I come here for Getter Robo, Evangelion, Ultraman and android/gynoid talk the most nowadays. I know that's a very specific set of subjects, but for what it's worth I used to be one of them Gundam-only fags.

I came here when we were shuffled off of /a/, basically.

That above should also tell you how long I've been here for.
>>
>>14752881
You think this board is irrelevant and for some reason we should about being irrelevant when we just don't.

Here's my last (You) to you.
>>
>getting trolled this hard
Fucking christ it doesn't even matter if it's bait or not, y'all shouldn't even respond. Just mention /pol/ and you can crash a thread at your whim.

OP, I came here this year when I first started getting into gundam.
>>
>>14752200
I'm a newfag, I got here sometime last year or so to talk about SRW.
>>
>>14752877
/pol/ shitposting from someone who is getting easy (You)s. Or he is legitimately this delusional and genuinely thinks that /pol/ is changing the world which is a far sadder possibility.

I imagine this is all baiting considering he literally put that he goes to all the boards that are just shitposting.
>>
File: 1474217733994.png (347KB, 705x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474217733994.png
347KB, 705x500px
>>14752200
/a/ was too angry about cute girls.
Then I watched 0079 and realized people had actually watched the shows they posted about.

I hope
>>
>>14752874
Seriously, what?
That fag complains that /m is irrelevant, but why should be relevant ? The mecha in general is already a subgenre sometimes childish, sometimes decent , but still is not something for everyone.

So, wtf?
>>
>>14752889
we should care*
>>
>>14752200
>>14752200
/m/ isn't that slow. I come here for discussion on mecha anime specifically but sometimes this place makes MechaTalk look good.

What brought me here is that I wanted to really get into Gundam.

Been here since 09, been browsing 4chan in general since 06.

It's still better than most places on the internet despite what I said though.
>>
>>14752891
I used to be one of those "mature anime for mature viewers such as myself" types, and Getter and Evangelion are two franchises which are both absurdly nutso enough and allow me to sit back and think whenever the urge strikes me. There's other ones that fit the mold, possibly better, but they're just the two that stick with me.
>>
>>14752906
Trump is winning because facing someone who is one of the shadiest candidates we have had since Nixon. Both candidates are terrible but he hasn't at least committed high treason and the establishment proved she's in their pocket with how it was hand waved away.

Sage because this is offtopic to the board and this rather nice little thread. You wanna discuss politics here discuss whether the earth federation or the colonies were right, none of that real world shit. We are a mecha board, no one here cares about being relevant or about realistic things. If we did we wouldn't discuss implausible giant robots filling our favorite glorified toy commercials.
>>
>>14752200
Talk about things I like - mecha, robots and sci-fi in a non-anime-elitist environment.

Initially- Gundam.

While I did lurked irregularly before 2013, /m/ became my home board in the Christmas of 2013, when Super God Cloudizer appeared.
>>
>>14752924
Not him but Getter makes me think about progress, evolution of ideas and humanity, the future, and what matters in the grand scheme of things.

Eva makes me think of how much of an antisocial piece of shit I truly am.
>>
>>14752200

Probably early 2010

stayed for the robits
>>
Don't know when I came here. I just watched gundam and read getter and decided to check out /m/.
Still one of my favorite boards. Slow but not too slow. Threads are usually on-topic. And there's very little shitposting compared to boards like /v/ or /pol/.
>>
>>14752921
>Trump is winning because he lies through his teeth and everyone sucks his dick off for it

Fix'd
>>
>>14752509
>Because Active Raid is pretty good with a story managed quite well. There's not much to laugh about. It's like Patlabor. Everyones love it here, but it does not offer much to do shit posting.
Kind of the fucking problem with this place is it is obvious most of the newer post 2010 posters don't actually like mecha or anime at all they just want to shitpost about trainwreck LOLRANDUMB shows which were popularized towards the end of the millenium.

Can't be helped, 4chan became far too popular for it's own good.

I'd love to leave this place but honestly there isn't another place on the internet you can find people to shoot the breeze about a niche hobby.
>>
>>14752911
>It's still better than most places on the internet despite what I said though.

Unpopular opinion, but despite the trolling, the /m people are also competent enough. When they say that a show is crap, I found that they were right. When you suggest you to recover some old show, it often proves to be interesting.

I dropped M3 because the start was slow and boring, but they had advised me to hold on and get to the ending. In fact, after a long build up, I must admit that it was a nice surprise. It does not make it a masterpiece, but it certainly was underrated.
>>
>>14752936
>>14752933
>>14752921
Take it to /pol/ gentlemen
>>
>>14752924
>>14752929 is on the ball for Getter, but Eva makes me think about my near-crippling social anxiety more than anything.
>>
File: 1471579077520.jpg (38KB, 320x353px)
1471579077520.jpg
38KB, 320x353px
>>14752936
Don't stoop to the shitposters level and discuss politics. You know better than that, anon.
>>
>>14752939
>tfw I like mecha anime but half the time I end up enjoying shows that suddenly pick up a trainwreck audience forcing their trainwreck perspective and refusing to acknowledge any other interpretation.

The trainwreck movement was the biggest mistake of them all and I hate them for reducing discourse to a battery of "it's obviously garbage fuck you if you want to talk about anything other than how garbage this show is!"
>>
>>14752200
I don't know why I starter coming here. Prabably was interested in mecha anime and decided to heck it out. It was around 2012. Now I'm trying to get into Power Rangers too
>>
>>14752954
I don't disagree that there's positivity in the show, I think I'm just too negative to find it sometimes. Unless this was an ironic statement or something. Mind explaining your perspective a bit?
>>
>>14752954
>I'm not sure the whole "what matters is the grand scheme of thing" though.
It's more touched on in say Armageddon or Arc where we really are the effect of what Getter and humanity has on existence as a whole and calls into question why things are done and if they truly matter or not.

>But I watch Eva with a big satisfactory smile and it's a bigger motivational work than TTGL.
I feel it comes down to interpretation. I'm pretty sure most of us can identify to some degree, begrudgingly sometimes, with Shinji. Based on this you either can relate more than you want to with his misanthropic, antisocial, and anxiety ridden ways or you can be inspired to better yourself especially when you see the piece of shit that Shinji is yet he still tries to improve himself as the series goes on.
>>
>>14752977
>really are the effect
Really see the effect*
>>
>>14752921
Yeah? Well, Demonbane can beat up your dad AND Donald Trump. In any universe, infinitely, forever.
>>
File: richard-nixon-robocop.jpg (74KB, 700x530px) Image search: [Google]
richard-nixon-robocop.jpg
74KB, 700x530px
>>14752991
Mazinger Zero can call upon Nixon, Reinhard, and Jack Tunney
checkmate, atheists
>>
>>14752915
I poked around the place before this year here and there, but never really started browsing until now. So yeah, I'm the newest of fags. I love this board though. It's full of people who love mecha and I've found a tonne of nice obscure little shows through it. In my short time here, I believe the biggest threat to this place are people who don't actually give a shit about mecha and just want to shitpost.
>>
>>14753001
Demonbane can beat them up too in a fist fight too. Nixon probably has a glass jaw and only regular human bones.

>>14753010
Donald Trump can amass more money than Demonbane but not enough money to create something to completely erase Demonbane from existence.
Checkmate, theists.
>>
I got here about 4 days ago. I came for Gundam.

I'm basically as new as they come.
>>
>>14752829
>classic 4channer

>classic
>4channer

>channer

You are either a dumbass newfag or a troll. Never did like your type much here, so away with you.
>>
>>14752989
I did get that message from EoE, but you just gave me a second reason to rewatch the TV series this year. Maybe I'll see it as you do this time!
>>
I'm 28. I can't remember when I started coming as I went through some long hiatuses. Now I work at home and there's something comfy about this board. Simply put I come here because someone is still asking "What if Amuro got the Alex?" People are still talking about whether or not Zeta was good. It's like some kind of time capsule that never changes except sometimes they talk about the occasional new series, of which there are not many. Mecha is not exactly popular anymore, not that it was ever all that popular, but I feel like by necessity many of the posters here are oldfags like myself.
>>
>>14753004
>So do they truly matter or not?
Actions matter, but at the same time maybe things like destiny truly exist. The fact that Emperor seems unstoppable is an inevitability in Arc or the multidimensional aspect of Armageddon calls into question if our choices matter or if things can truly impede or affect progress. Is progress just an inevitability?

>In Armageddon, the rejection of Getter Ray means independence for mankind, but that doesn't matter for the universe, because Getter Ray is multi-dimensional and can find humanity in other universes.
Which asks the question: does that rejection and humanity, which is the chosen species of Getter/progress, rejecting Getter change the universe? Things seem to have gone very differently in the world of Armageddon however to a similar end. Did their choices matter? Have they affected more than just their planet? Does it all matter in the end? What will become of a world not geared towards progress? These are the questions we are left with as the new Getter team looked to the future in the final episode.
>>
>>14753026
Bullshit, Donald Trumps meme magic may be strong but Demonbane is the anti-meme.
>>
>>14753044
>On a multi-universal scale, It matters because a single universe abandoning Getter means Getter is weakened as a whole
But they didn't ultimately since Emperor cultivated and brought Shin Getter and the best pilots to Getter Valhalla.

>On an universe-scale, it truly matters, because Armageddon staff proves Getter presents a choice, not domination. Progress is stoppable, if people are willing.
But is that choice correct? Can it actually be accomplished? Will it matter in the grand scheme of things, both in a moral sense but also a practical one?

These are all questions left to interpretation which is what I like about Getter. I mainly like the mechs, the cast, the fights, and the story first but the ideas that get explored and the questions it asks really interest me. I like that most questions come down to the perspective of those involved, Getter proves to be a series that confronts a lot of subjects from an amoral standpoint which I think is quite unique. It has us root for the home team but also makes us look at the big picture.
>>
Started coming here in 06 into 07 when a friend introduced me to 4chan. I was already a fan of gundam, guess how long it took me to fall in love?

/m/ is different now. Not for the better. Shitposting and generals have altered the landscape, and we continue to slide down the shitter.

Still, I believe. I remember a board united in love for mecha. I remember the passion burning in our hearts. And I know that somewhere, deep down, that flame never burned out.

I still dig giant robots. I think you guys do too. We still dig giant robots. Chicks will always dig giant robots.

And that's... nice.
>>
>>14753078
I feel the internet in general is a lot more hostile and argumentative than in 06.

I've seen people on /m/ argue for hours based purely on semantics even if they both agree on the same thing.
>>
>>14752955
>>14752955
>"it's obviously garbage fuck you if you want to talk about anything other than how garbage this show is!"
Infuriates me the most this kind of childish attitude it really is a toxic kind of crab mentality that you try to escape from but they chase you down just to reiterate things you knew a fucking decade ago and are bored of hearing because they don't know anything else.

The only solace I take in /m/ is I know there are still plenty of practically middle aged adults here who genuinely just like their hobby and want to share it but just have the sense to lurk to save themselves the stress.

So really the motto is the same as ever, lurk moar until you can contribute.
>>
>>14753104
Eh the internet was full of assholes in '06. They were just all arguing about atheism vs. religion instead of young males vs. "SJWs"
>>
>>14753088
>Emperor gets the shorter end of the deal, instead of the universe, it gets 3 guys, albeit 3 very great goods.
But are they a consolation prize or were they the plan of Getter all along for that universe? Quantity doesn't necessitate quality, Getter only enlightened those three and they were the ones who left, not the new team. Did Getter choose them or did they choose Getter?
>That one we will never know because Armageddon ends there, but sure it can, Getter isn't the end all be all of energy, humanity can get back to nuclear.
But Getter is limitless potential, can humans match that from their own ingenuity?
>It surely will, because an universe full of Getter will only make Getter stronger.
But if Getter only cares about calling the peak of Getter to Valhalla and thus called Shin and it's pilots, does this mean Getter acknowledged the will of humanity to reject Getter from then on and took what was the best it could get or was it Getter knowing this was the peak of humanity and the choice didn't matter? Was the decision to abandon Getter one that mattered, inconsequential, or was it destined to happen?

Ultimately neither of us are right or wrong and this is speculation but that's what I love about Getter. That these subjects can cause such deep analysis and discussion of the work, which I feel is a true denotation of the quality in a series.
>>
>>14753109
>things are getting worse days by days
This is a fallacy. The world has always been wrought with disaster and conflict, but the age of information and technology allow everyone to not only become aware of the scope of issues in the world it also allows their voice to be heard about it. Things seem worse because ignorance is much lower than it used to be.
>>
>>14753130
There is no way to say it normally. That entire end of the spectrum on both sides is pure human detritus. Literally socialists versus fascists and I'd like to see all of both killed.
>>
>>14753143
a few years ago it was a cold war, people living in fear of nuclear warfare, getting killed because you were a commie, etc. Rewind a little bit, World War II, World War I, Prussian war, etc, etc...

World has always been shit, it has always been old shit and new shit you're just more aware of it.
>>
>>14753154
He's falling under the false impression of self importance, that him experiencing the modern day issues adds in his mind a layer of emphasis. "The past happened and things turned out well enough, but the future is unclear so that makes it worse now." Is the training behind that kind of mentality
>>
>>14753169
Some problems of the past have been resolved, World War II happened because of World War I and that was a result of the tension of the time. There is no such tension nowadays between countries like France and Germany.

Yes some problems persist but some have been resolved aswell. It's not like France is still under the thread of the roman empire...
>>
>>14752200
Because giant robots fighting is epic

And gunpla is freedom
>>
>>14753138
Ignorance is at its greatest, now that any idiot can have their voice heard the amount of noise is so great that there's no real signal of information left in today's discourse. Despite information flowing freely and transparently, the propagation of select narratives and interpretations has ensured that people will act not intelligently and well informed but rather ignorantly and selfishly.

The fear of information control has obfuscated a far greater problem, that of allowing ignorance to gather an audience, allowing it the freedom to reject that which doesn't already agree with its worldview and to accept data that serves only to reinforce, not challenge, one's held preconceptions.

In effect, by allowing others to connect more easily through information networks and social media systems, we have engineered a society of echo chambers, locking ourselves away from the ideas that suggest we may be wrong, in favor of looking for justification that we are right.

The Internet brings out who we are in the dark, the idiots who fashion themselves experts of everything atop the summit of Mount Stupid. It is consequently the greatest mistake of modern society.
>>
>>14753190
Dude, I'm not saying the world is an utopia right now, it's pretty much as shit as it was before, as it ever as been.

New era, new problems. There never was a reset button where everything was forgotten and it started to get shitty again, it's years and years of conflict and peace built upon years and years of conflict and peace. That's just history.

We'll talk about the world being worse than it ever was when world war III starts and nukes are used.
>>
>>14753151
It's not a word. It's made up Internet bullshit.
>>
Is this the same /pol/ asshole who was arguing that the nazis were just regular people?
>>
>>14753197
I agree with you to a certain extent because what you're saying is true in some cases but you focus way too much on the bad side of the Internet or today's world.

Internet brought a lot of problems, that much I can agree with but it also brings ton of good shit aswell.

> Environment is getting worse
Or we're just actually witnessing the effects of what we did in the past and are trying to correct it. Isn't the hole in the ozone layer disappearing ?

>By that point, there wouldn't be a world for you to complain in.
and you'll get the awesome privilege of saying : I told you so.

I'd rather live a somewhat happy life thinking the world is just the way it's ever been than thinking we're all doomed because if we are, at least I lived happy in my own ignorance for a while.
>>
>>14753130
actual guy you replied to here; i can see you're already triggered as fuck. there's really no point in explaining anything to you and engaging in the same ubiquitous, cancerous discussion you're looking for.
>>
>>14753227
>I would try to fix the world, instead of putting your head in the sand and telling yourself it's all okay.

Again, not saying the world is perfect or doesn't need fixing. I even talked about how we are trying to correct the shit we did to the environment but you just dismissed it.

Believe what you want mate, it's your choice really, cheers.
>>
>>14753231
>>14753235

>>14753104
>I've seen people on /m/ argue for hours based purely on semantics even if they both agree on the same thing.
>>
>>14753223
There is no point arguing with a self-important kid that genuinely thinks the world is at its worst point now. He believes things can't have been worse or even the same because the past worked out until now but the future is unclear. He said in this thread that the cold war and world war 2 aren't as bad because there are residual effects. He thinks that implications that could reoccur are equivalent to them actively happening. He's the kind of person who no doubt unironically uses terms like sheeple, probably believes in conspiracy theories, and thinks people need to "wake up". He thinks that everything that's shit is being overlooked and he is one of the select few to notice that this sucks.

He literally is a chuunibyou.
>>
>>14753248
I'm just pointing out that this whole argument started because one guy couldn't handle seeing SJW written with a "s" at the end.
>>
>>14753262
I don't know if it really is worth debating whether you write it SJW or SJWs but in the end, that's not my argument so you guys do whatever you want.
>>
>>14753260
Are you in world war 3? Has the sky begun raining lava and nukes? No? Then maybe, just maybe it's not as bad ass WW2 right now. Could it potentially become worse? Absolutely. But the world is not currently worse off than that.

And for someone so big on changing the world strange to think you are here shitposting on /m/.
>>
>>14753260
I shouldnt be replying cause that just gives (You)s but thats all based on the idea that WW3 will use nukes, the only time nukes have been used in a military engagement was the very end of WW2, and they havent been used since, because the world, even the US looked on in horror at what destruction the weapons brought, and now that theyre more available, no one is going to use them because as a certain saying goes "Russia loves their kids too"
>>
>>14752826

this isn't 2007 when--when 4chan was labeled a 'far left website' by fox new, by the way-- when /b/ and /a/ were probably its face in terms of boards, and actually influeneced thw internet. now we have, what, /pol/ and /tv/, who do bothing but pump out shitty infographs and have to resort to stealing twitter lingo from black people to use ironically? really changing the world.
>>
>>14752200
I've been coming to 4chan for like 7 years, but I've only been to /m/ for a year and a half/two years. I started coming because around two years ago I started getting into mecha more and more. Growing up I always "liked" mecha, but I only ever knew things like RAD Zone of the enders, or Armored core and I never really knew anything about them. So around two years ago I started getting into the original gundam, and SDF macross, and from there I've started watching more and more mecha.

I think the main reason I've stuck with it is all of the radically different things that just happen to have robots. You have things like Magic Knight Rayearth, Neo Ranga, Getter Robo, Dunbine, Xabungle, Ideon, Fafner, Patlabor, and Gundam all in the same "genre". It's insane the amount of variety in children's toy cartoons that normally gets filtered into "Muh super" or "Muh Real". For a genre that I'd say most people write off for being "samey" It's probably got more variety than any other "genre" of children's cartoons I've seen. Also I love the designs.
>>
>>14753271
You truly are a chuuni.
>>
>>14752822
>/m/ will stay irrelevant
Good, the less of the sort that being 'relevant' brings is ideal.
>>
>>14753266
I would rather not start debating whether it's worth debating or not since you seems to think it is, you do you man.
>>
>>14753281
You're already debating by replying to him you fucking dunce.

Also he was questioning why it was put in quotes, not that it was SJW v SJWs, get some reading comprehension you dumb spic.
>>
>>14753275
I was going to give a serious reply, but I took a second to think about, realized you've been on /pol/ way too long to think about anything that fox news tells you for more than five minutes if that, and decided to just give you this as a (You)
>>
>>14753292
>I was going to give a serious reply, but I took a second to think about,
>and then I wasted my time with a non-reply instead of just of shaking my head closing the reply window
You're a tit.
>>
>>14753284
>helping a presidential candidate win

this is some serious overestimation of what you all are doing. it's like tumblr in reverse.
>>
>>14753300
No one cares
>>
>>14753301
Yes I'm an idiot, I realize this, but I couldn't walk away without saying something
>>
File: 1470379099602.png (55KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1470379099602.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>14753321
>>
>>14753300
How much does the FSB pay you?
>>
I like this thread almost as I like crack shipping, the only true way to enjoy yuri.
>>
>>14753343
This dude is like the inverse of Clawshrimpy
>>
File: 1470111550025.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470111550025.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
>>14753337
>>
File: thefaceofpol.jpg (2MB, 3688x3304px) Image search: [Google]
thefaceofpol.jpg
2MB, 3688x3304px
*tips fedora with red pill patch hand stitched on it*

anonymous will truly enlighten these sheeple.
>>
>>14753356
No, Crackfag, I refuse. Would you like me to start dumping that symphogear doujin you like so much or would you like to have another riveting discussion on what counts as a true fan?
>>
>>14752245
Yeah. No idea why people keep saying that. While we are nowhere near as fast as /a/ or /v/, it's stupid to call us slow. I remember when /m/ could have an hour between posts back in the day. It's nowhere near slow.

>>14752802
People seem to be be forcing a meme. Seen it a lot lately. These fuckers are going to spam the board in November, regardless of who winds the US election.

I'm going to address them at the moment. I promise you fuckers right now, regardless of whether it's Trump or Clinton, I am going bitch loudly when you post about it here. You fuckers should be ashamed about the brexit threads you made on /m/ for no reason.

>>14752806
I don't want /m/ to be relevant to 4chan, ever. We should be our own world. As it has been in the past.
>>
>>14753361
>I don't want /m/ to be relevant to 4chan, ever. We should be our own world. As it has been in the past.
The point of /m/ is irrelevance and that's how I like it. I feel that was why OP made this thread, what made us choose to come to this place rather than one of the other more "relevant"boards.
>>
>>14753371
I love how openly you flaunt posting off topic on the wrong boards. Hopefully the mods wake the fuck up soon and your trash will be swept back into your containment board.

Make another fucking brexit thread on /diy/ and /asp/ why don't you.
>>
>>14753384
Choose not a loyalty to one's nation, not to a loyalty to one's ideals. Choose to be loyal to one's self.
>>
Christ, this thread really went to shit.
>>
>>14753371
>>14753361

one thing i'll never get about /pol/ and their ilk; when they bring shit discussion to other boards, and someone calls them out on it, they 'defend' themselves by saying someone is an sjw, or, in this case of this faggot, shitposting even harder. you have your own boards, and, since a good amount of people who go on /pol/ have probably only been here for only a few years, they probably don't even know that they had already had 2 boards prior to /pol/ that they managed to destroy. /a/ kicked out pokefags because they were annoying; /co/ did the same for bronies, and, believe it or not, their shitty communities can actually contain themselves from sperging out in other boards where they're not welcome.

they're officially worse than bronies and pokemon fans.
>>
>>14753397
But WHY
/pol/ exists for a fucking reason
Why would you mix it with /m/
This isn't fucking UNIX-like at all goddamn
What part of SINGLE PURPOSE do you not understand
>>
>>14753408
Says the one loyal to memes that aren't even their own.
>>
>>14753384
I've been on this site for almost a decade. I never have an issue with crossboarding. I still go to /a/ even though the incessant shitposting has already gripped it. I have seen many boards rise and fall, I used to be a /TV/ regular back when movies were regularly discussed, but at least currently i think that this board is a nice relaxing little haven on this site.

Also I have no idea how you can go to /jp/ I've hated that board pretty much since I started here.
>>
>>14753162
>Nowadays, it's just one, the US.
>being literally this led by your country's propaganda
>>
>>14753417
It doesn't matter if they're here, they just wanted to discuss mecha like the rest of us, they didn't mention their opinions until you did you brain dead lunatic
>>
>>14753398
I hope OP does this thread again some other time. It was nice before everything went to shit.
>>
>>14753417
>I am an Internet solider
Fuck off.
>>
>>14753417

you brought out the politcal discussion unduly. typical /pol/tard starting shit then complaining about it as if they're somehow a victim. hmm, what online community does that sound like?
>>
>>14753424
That's a great idea.
So why don't you leave?
>>
>>14753417
>It's warranted, because I see people ACTUALLY don't blindly follow my dogma and want it forced into everything
You are literally the same as SRS from back in the day. Stop trying to turn the entire site into your hivemind, nobody fucking cares.
>>
>>14753424
No, I'm going to continue to attempt to draw in shitposters from off board to derail this shitpile, because off topic does not fucking need to exist. Get the fuck out faggot. You give MAGA a bad name.
>>
>>14753437

Don't waste your breath. /pol/tards are masters at deflecting every possible piece of legitimate criticism you can toss at them.

>inb4 SJWbaiting
>>
>>14753436
As long as you aren't retarded or don't draw attention to yourself, any reasonable person should be able to seamlessly blend in with any board. After doing required lurking of course.
>maybe when the culture gets better, /jp/ will return to when it was better.
That culture is why /jp/ exists, that culture separated it to a different board and why it's become the pariah that it is. But if you can overlook that and enjoy it, more power to you.
>>
Well, the good news is it'll be over soon.

I could survive Valvrager, I can endure two more months.
>>
File: Don't look now.png (153KB, 776x716px) Image search: [Google]
Don't look now.png
153KB, 776x716px
OP here. I'm gonna be honest and say that I made this thread while going on a nostalgia binge, and so I was really down. However, I never expected this thread to turn into such a shitstorm.

The constant political competition and inability of anons to refrain from responding to bait, is just more evidence as to why I don't know for what reason I even come here anymore.
>>
>>14753450
>bu-bu-bu we're the minority on the internet
>i need to fight against these mindless sheeple and tell them to vote ron pau--i mean trump!

holy shit, you fedoralord.
>>
Instead of arguing about unrelated politics, what is/m/'s favorite /m/echa anime?
>>
>>14753457
I used to be a /jp/ regular. It was cozy as hell.

But then /vg/ happened and I made the mistake of thinking any other board could handle Shmup General without collapsing into hyper autism and elitist cockwavery.
>>
>>14753417

/m/'s always been one of the more politically diverse boards on 4chan. It's just that /pol/tards like you keep shouting your meme-tier pseudo-politics and then expect everyone to suck your dick for it, and then act surprised when people who don't share your views call you out on parading around like a fuckhead.

Also sometimes I get the impression that what counts in your collective view as "left" is so utterly broad that it becomes practically meaningless and is really just code for whatever triggers your easily-rustled alt-right asses.
>>
>>14753455
Some would say that we're hotblooded
>>
>>14753450
>ADMITTING you're trying to create a far-right hugbox
WHAT
THE FUCK
DOES THIS HAVE TO DO
WITH MECHA

POLITICS GET THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>14753462
TTGL, being completely unironic
>>
>>14753461
...no.

He won't ever pander to my neocon sensibilities and that makes me frustrated.
>>
>>14753474
Be here? Yes.
Breathe a word about IRL politics? No. Nobody is. It's not mecha, it does not belong here.
>>
>>14753450
>the leftists already got the whole internet.

>saying this on 4chan, one of the biggest internet communities out there, which serves as a de-facto hub for the alt-right, not even taking into account places like Reddit and Twitter

Bubble-dweller confirmed
>>
>>14753476
>meta garbage
Keep digging that hole.
>>
>>14753469
>>14753474

you have an entire board for that purpose. go post a rare frog with meme arrows there for some dank (yous).
>>
>>14753484
And pay for your wall?

Bitch please, you'd sooner see the East Coast secede than an exchanged peso of my net worth.
>>
File: Profile - Curly Brace.png (80KB, 800x807px) Image search: [Google]
Profile - Curly Brace.png
80KB, 800x807px
>>14753471
Fuck you.
>>
>>14753462
I can't really choose between VOTOMS, Big O, 0079, Turn A and some other I'm probably forgetting.
>>
>>14753474

Nobody's saying you're not allowed to be here. We're saying nobody gives a shit about your political views because this is fucking /m/ and not /pol/.

Good lord. Unfuck yourself and remove that persecution complex from your ass.
>>
>>14753497

>using SJW unironically

>>>/pepecirclejerk/
>>
Does anyone here know whatever happened to RBS?
Dude had a pretty distinctive style, so even if he changed names, a guy like him shouldn't be hard to find.
>>
>>14753490

>My politics basically amounts to screaming for attention

If you wanna call that "winning," be my guest senpai
>>
say what you want about /a/'s user base, at least their mods would have pruned this thread an hour ago. sasuga op, sasuga m/'s extremely casual moderation.
>>
>>14753450
>it's okay if I force places into my hivemind, my enemies are still out there!
This is the EXACT SAME fucking reasoning SJWs used to push their shit through the internet. Jump off a building you fucking retard, keep your shitfire contained.
>>
File: 44f.gif (566KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
44f.gif
566KB, 768x432px
>>14753471
You, I like you
>>
>>14753507
They don't, you started the only political posting I have seen on this board in literal months
>>
>he thinks he's winning but we're all just laughing

Only here.
at Robotechx.com
>>
>>14753507

Because people like you keep getting triggered by the smallest shit that even indirectly suggests a left-leaning opinion and you start fights over it, and before anybody has a chance to calm down, entire threads get flooded with political shitposting.

Your whole argument is basically you pointing and going "Ha ha, made you react!" Grow up.
>>
>>14753523
I don't think Caesar is the best example of a political leader, you're right about him not being nice, but you'll find people don't like it when you demand your cost of ransom from pirates should be higher
>>
>>14753523
>Politics is populism, it's about showing how much strength you got.

Which is why North Korea is taken 100% seriously by everybody.
>>
>>14753462
Zeta
>>
File: 1445004492662.png (788KB, 1305x892px)
1445004492662.png
788KB, 1305x892px
Fucking G-Rectals...
>>
>>14753530
No there isn't you autistic fuck.
Stop jumping at shadows.

You are literally an SJW.
>>
>>14753462
Tangentially /m/: Digimon
Full on /m/: Getter Robo
/m/ovie: Iron Giant
Favorite mech: Voltron/Golion
>>
>>14753537

We have separate boards for different topics. /pol/ is for politics. /m/ is for mecha. Take it there.

>If they react, they are leftists, thus deserve a little attention.

>Therefore I must engage them constantly
>>
>>14753548
And they also stabbed him 23 times
>>
>>14752200
>Why do you guys come here
I like mecha, and /m/ talks about mecha. There's also fairly often discussions about satellite topics, like wider scifi shit.
I was watching Zeta and loved it, /m/ seemed like the logical place to talk about it, having regulared 4chan for many years
>How long have you been here?
Not that long, only since late 2014-early 2015
>>
I can't believe how easy it is to trigger this altfaggot.

Just give him a (you) and he dances around and makes an ass of himself.

The best part is he seriously thinks he's making a difference!
>>
>>14753553
>>14753542

North Korea is a fucking joke, though. Their limited nuclear capabilities are the only thing they have that could potentially be a threat.

>>14753553

>anybody that disagrees with me is part of the SJW menace

You're either young as hell, not very smart, or just living in a bubble. Either way, nobody gives a shit about your damn internet crusade against goddamn windmills.
>>
>>14753553
>they think I should fuck off, therefore they're leftists!
No, kill yourself, you literal SJW.
>>
>>14753537
I'm voting for Trump you faggot.
I still want to see this thread on /m/ as much as I want my fucking arm cut off. Nothing pisses me off more than shitposting, and offtopic meta garbage is almost as bad as it gets.

So no. I'm not a goddamn leftist, I AM reacting to you, now get the fuck back to /pol/ if you want to keep discussing this.
>>
>>14753569
Their nuclear stockpile is the punchline to the joke that is their existence.

The best they're good for is accidentally wiping themselves off the planet. Sure China will have to clean up the mess and figure out how to reestablish the buffer between it and NATO but the Norks are their own worst enemy.
>>
>>14753581
>So why keep posting?

Because you are annoying and we want you to stop being annoying.
>>
>>14753587

How old are you?
>>
>>14753581
>That post is whining about how I use SJW "unironically".
And you are either young as hell, not very smart, or living in a bubble if you don't draw from that a conclusion of non-involvement.
>>
>>14753584
Nigger I was MAGA before the first primary. Get the fuck off /m/.
>>
>>14753591
dunno about that but they're both fags for sure
>>
>>14753587

>YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM DOING WHAT I WANT

Holy hell. Are you 12?
>>
>>14753591

>Guys, I need help. I can't hold all this circular reasoning.
>>
>>14753598

You're 26, and you're basically starting shit like some teenage idiot out of some self-important BS?
>>
>>14753587
And people will start getting more and more annoyed with you, which will in turn create a reactionary counter-push.

That's how the alt-right movement got started in the first place, as a reaction to the SJW shit.

You're literally working against your own interests by doing this.
>>
File: 1438445969007.jpg (16KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
1438445969007.jpg
16KB, 500x499px
>>14753605
>I literally cannot see how somebody mocking me for acting like a retard in a youtube comment can mean anything other than them being on the other side of my pissing contest
>>
File: 1420656700699.jpg (249KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1420656700699.jpg
249KB, 1920x1080px
>wake up
>see the state of this thread
>>
>>14753615
i don't see any part of the word SJW that implies it has to be a left-leaning person. so an SJW can be a trump voting, pol perusing "red pilled" pepe posting person. the only real definition behind SJW is that it's a person who won't shut the fuck up about social issues and makes getting offended their hobby. check, and check.

just because some edgy alt-right shitposter can't see their hypocrisy in the mirror, doesn't mean the term doesn't apply to them.
>>
>>14753621
>SJWs aren't high energy
Hello newfag, welcome to the internet. You're both the same group of people motivated by the same general reasons.

Oh shit son, you're seeing which ones of us anonymous posters think you should fuck off, this really benefits you.
>>14753624
>reading comprehension
>>
>>14753621

believe it or not everyone here has something negative to say about you, regardless of their political leanings.
>>
>>14753609
>tactics
Fuck
The hell
Off
And stop shitting where you eat.
>>
>>14753643
>I live in such a bubble I've never actually interacted with an SJW
That's the exact same "tactics" they use. Infesting a community like cockroaches and refusing to move, forcing their poisonous ideology into literally everything. Claiming divine right based on the existence of the enemy. Just like you.

And you demonstrate the same victim complex.
>>
>>14753638

it's almost like people can be incredibly abrassive, militant, and obnoxious and still have different political leanings. byou're your own annoying worst enemy that no one seems to like.

>>14753643
>literally thinking you're captain america

hahaohwow
>>
>>14753662
>growin by yourselves

by coming to someplace politically neutral and being a complete faggot when told that it's unwelcome here. maybe you guys do need pr.
>>
>>14753670
Even if there are leftists here, why does it matter? We just talk about robots.
>>
>>14753670
>i'm going to bring the fight for my politcal and social beliefs with me everywhere
>i'm fighting for a the minorities

kek. okay sjw.
>>
>>14753670
>It's not neutral if there is a large amount of liberal/leftists and even SJW here.
>>14753658
>Well, until the SJWs here are leaving, I wouldn't be.

See, right there.

You're crusading for a political purpose on a board where nobody wants to talk about it. It makes you look like a self-important ass, and whenever you get called out on it, you deflect, start arguing in circles, and cry wolf about SJWs. You're why we can't have nice things.

You act like people being here who happen to have political views opposite yours is a problem in and of itself, when in reality, these people by and large keep quiet about these views unless people like you start bringing it up. And then you take that as evidence of some liberal infestation, when in reality, it's you starting shit in a place where people go to forget about politics and talk about robots. It's your own personal confirmation bias at work. You assume a place is crawling with some SJW boogeyman, so you go out of your way to rile up people with left-leaning sympathies, people who with some exceptions normally keep their politics out of this stuff, and then take that as confirmation. You're literally just inserting yourself into a self-fulfilling prophecy. Cut that shit out.

And before you go off about how "OMG THE LEFTISTS IN THIS THREAD ARE JUST BULLYING ME FOR BEING RIGHT WING", allow me to point you to >>14753575
>>
>>14753684
A balance of political ideas only matters if you discuss politics. And /m/ is far from a hugbox. Are you only doing this because people don't like spicposter? That's just because he's a notorious shitposter.
>>
>>14753684
>you can't even yell nigger or spic.

...because those words are almost universally agreed upon as being disrespectful and using them makes you look like a prick?
>>
>>14753684
Ok, I'm gonna say this and then wipe my hands of you cause there's no way this is getting through that thick skull of yours
1. No one here discusses political opinions, ever, you are the first person I have seen in months to start this bullshit
2. It doesn't matter if leftists are here, they're not bringing it up, so why care?
3. This is not a politics board, /m/ doesn't stand for /m/urdoch, keep your opinions to /pol/
4. Why do you care so much about saying slurs?
>>
>>14753700

this is some clawshrimpy level autism.
>>
>>14753700

Jesus Christ.

You don't get it. YOU are the one motivating them to start spouting their opinions on the first place because YOU are the one turning shit into an argument instead of letting shit slide like an adult, because you think you have some kind of obligation to go on some crusade because you think your beliefs make you special. They don't. You're just another asshole with an opinion just like the leftists you dislike. Get over yourself.
>>
>>14753705
>>14753714
>he is actually so desperate to convince people he's needed he actually false flags
How fucking pathetic do you need to be? Nobody wants you here, go the fuck back to /pol/.
>>
>>14753714

How is agreeing that certain insults are a shitting thing to say "going to shit"?

Literally every group has agreed-upon norms and taboos about what's okay to say. Doesn't matter if they're right, left, or center. That's not going to shit, that's how it is.
>>
>>14752200

/m/ sometimes discuss fantasy tech that's not Gundumbs.
>>
>>14753721
>Because they are leftists, and needed to be balanced with righties.

And you think that's going to be accomplished by starting pointless fights on a Chinese cartoons message board?
>>
>>14753727
>but as this thread shown, actual SJW is here, so I'm staying.

And they normally keep quiet about their views unless provoked, just like most right-wingers here.

This is not a right vs. left issue. This is a you being a holier-than-thou asshole issue.

This is a place where people with differing views can come together over a shared fandom, and people with your mindset are shitting it up with your self-righteous bullshit. You are literally as bad as the worst SJW.
>>
>>14753729
>I have freedom of speech to yell nigger and spic, but other people don't have the right to express their disapproving opinion about it

I don't think you understand how freedom of speech works.
>>
>>14753736
>Nah, this is 4chan, this is not a place for SJW, anti-racists, antifa and other leftist ills.

>an anonymous message board in which the entire point is that anybody can post whatever is not a welcome place for ideologies I disagree with

>/pol/ = all of 4chan

No, this is you projecting what you WISH this place would be. This place has no obligation to be anybody's political hugbox, and that extends to you as well. Don't like leftists here? Deal with it, this is 4chan.
>>
Let the alt right SJW preach all he wants. You guys are idiots for giving him so many (You)s. Then again this board is so goddamn slow I thin you're all secretly enjoying it.
>>
>>14753746
I am, this dude is a riot just cause he's either a really dedicated troll, or he's just that mentally deranged
>>
>>14753755

No, you're not "dealing with it," you're throwing a bitch fit over it by starting fights. If you actually dealt with it like an adult, you'd let it slide.
>>
I look at this thread, then look at the IBO thread where anon is so offended by people liking IBO that he is compelled to correct the record and redpill them with how garbage it truly is, and I wonder just what the fuck is wrong with people that they come to view their crusade as not only warranted, but just.

I feel I'm staring down the thought virus of religion, repackaged in the form of a political movement. A cult without a god.
>>
>>14753741

i think the guy you arguing with is a some tryhard teen, but saying nigger and faggot on 4chan is as innocuous as saying dude and shithead. this is coming from a dreaded leftist, too.
>>
>>14753759
>I feel I'm staring down the thought virus of religion, repackaged in the form of a political movement. A cult without a god.

Yeah, I'd say that's pretty much what ideologies are.
>>
>>14753772
>>14753769

Do you seriously not understand that the only reason that these people are bringing their opinions out is because you are provoking them?

Good fucking lord. You're not a crusader. You're a rando with a modem. Get off your high horse. You're not accomplishing anything here with your infantile trolling.
>>
>>14753772

Having a political opinion is not the same as being somebody who goes out of their way to spread it or even strongly identifies with it.

Not everybody identifies with their political opinions in the same way as you.
>>
>>14753767
Yeah but fuck you I feel like being poetic about it.

People really need to rediscover their inhibitions though. Loose tongues start shitstorms.
>>
>>14753793
>People really need to rediscover their inhibitions though. Loose tongues start shitstorms.

Seriously. If J.G. Ballard ever saw what social media has become the would have done a fucking victory jig out of sheer validation and then done something really britfaggy like sip some tea and then crash a car into a sex shop after some cognac.
>>
>>14753769
>Nah, I'm dealing it my way, no thank you.
hahaha faggot nobody will ever listen to you
>>
File: coop.jpg (16KB, 500x384px) Image search: [Google]
coop.jpg
16KB, 500x384px
>>14752200

I've been here since 2009 and will probably be here for several more. /m/ is the only place on the internet or even in real life where I have something in common with other people.

All I do is work some shitty government job 9/5 every week, all I want to do when I come home is watch robots fight and talk about robots fighting on a Korean cartoon website.

I love /m/
>>
>>14753471
And others may say that you're a tantrum driven, infantile fool, but does that make them right? Yes, Kouji, yes it does.

t.Blade
>>
>>14752915
You think that's bad? I only started regularly browsing /m/ in the last month or so
>>
>>14753462
At the moment, Dougram.
It's basically my dream mecha anime. It's got everything I could ask for.
>>
>/m/ isn't that slow
>no posts for hours
>>
>>14752901
>Not absing your opinion of the show off of memes
>>
>>14753361
>I don't want /m/ to be relevant to 4chan, ever. We should be our own world. As it has been in the past.
I agree with this sentiment
>>
I've been coming here sporadically since way back when.

I'm talking pre-2007 era, back during the golden age of FANsubs.

Anyone remember waiting weeks (if not months) for a single episode of a niche show, all because they had to get the stylized font and TL notes just right?

Good times.

Anyway, I can't even recall how I found cuckchan, but I still come here for the lax attitudes, lack of speech policing and generally chill culture.

Heck, it's pretty much the only active community left on the surface net that actually retains some of the old cultural principles of the pre-facebook internet.

You know, things like anonymity, being able to tell jokes without causing a shitstorm, a love of file sharing, and laughing with irony instead of screeching about how your tone offends some random theoretical person who might not actually exist.

Still, it was a lot more fun back in those days, before /pol/ and SJWs were a thing.

I mean, shit, us oldfags didn't need blue boards or a page of rules to protect our feelings, and at least some of us knew that you shouldn't be browsing "muh sekrit club" in public where undesirables could see.

And say what you will about the pasty white nerds that comprised the early public interwebs most dedicated shitposters, but they made better company and cuckpanions than the bitter, diverse, multicultural, politically obsessed mouth-foamers of the modern net.

And whether it was raiding sites, closing pools or spouting memes, everything on cuckchan used to be in good fun, back when there weren't a fuckton of clashing board cultures and cancerous crossboards.
>>
>>14752200
I love mecha
i love mecha and happy to know they are other people who likes mecha too
was it 2010 or 2011 i can't exactly remember
>>
Cont from >>14757353

Heck, nowadays you can't even post certain memes because it upsets people (like posting a conservative joke or something on /m/, apparently), and that hugboxy attitude towards protecting anons sensitive fee fees from subjectively funny images is why we have literally anti-meme rules like GR15.

Because, you know, if a meme upsets people then it should be banned.

Honestly, it's that kind of thin-skinned SJW-esque attitude that makes browsing this site more of an occasional thing.

It's not a bad site, per se, but the seeping in of anti-offense millennial culture makes me feel too damn old to still be a regular poster on a website that, in a lot of ways (the number of which is equal to the number of rules), has been sonewhat kiddiefied for shitlords as easily triggered as CWC.

The fact that ol' Mootsy pretty much hated us and our "socially inappropriate" ways for driving away advertisers just adds to the sense of disillusionment.

That, and the feeling of powerlessness that comes from being unable to purge actual cancer like generals, circlejerks, /jp/ toku, /tv/ syfy and extreme shitposts like "why does /m/ like Puru?"

The fact that /m/ allows such newfaggotry is why I usually don't grace it with my supremely euphoric presence.

tl;dr anons these days are a disgrace
>>
It was the only place to actually talk about toku with non morons.

Unfortunately it seems that morons are taking over here as well. That pregnant Ex-Aid just never gets old, does it.
>>
I just came here today after clicking on the banner from /tg/.

I've only seen evangelion and code geass but I want to watch other mecha anime. I'm in this weird state of thinking giant fighting robots are cool but I haven't really watched anything.
>>
>>14752216
not sure I get it.

I've seen VOTOMS, I know who Chirico is, but what is it supposed to be on the clock?...
>>
wasn't this autosaging? what posts did the mod delete?
>>
>>14757572
/pol/ bait post
>>
>>14757360
Blame /new/ for the backlash. If they hand to acted upon we wouldn't have had to hammer them down. It's not about protecting fee-fees, far from it. It was first administrative and then cultural punitive measures intended to punish /new/ for rampant offtopic on other boards.

Which you'll see the eventual results of if you scroll up.
>>
>>14757621
>all that autocorrect mangling in the first half
That should be "if /new/ hadn't have acted up." They were awful. Refer to the old "boy do I sure hate niggers" comic. It got old, fast. Ponyfags got literally the exact same treatment, difference is they only crawl out of their hole for cup appearances. I'm a Trump supporter. I support a pragmatic approach to race and gender relations. I supported Brexit. I still can't fucking stand /pol/.
>>
Not even justice, I want to get memes.
>>
>>14757621
>>14757641

this. at least bronies have enough common decency to stay to their own board when they want to discuss fucking ponies.
>>
>>14757512
"Museru." It's a line from the OP, "honoo no nioi shimizuite museru" (The smell of fire is choking me, or something along those lines) which became a bit of a meme in Japan a little while ago.
>>
>>14753467
>/m/'s always been one of the more politically diverse boards on 4chan.
I feel like this is due to the fact that a lot of mecha and sci-fi media in general likes to explore political themes.
This probably lead to those involved in them developing interesting political view points.
>>
>>14757366
Go watch Dougram. It's where a few of the Battle Tech mecha come from which is fun to recognise.
>>
>>14758648
Not merely political, but also sociological and philosophical ideas.

One's creed is an amalgam of experience and influence, after all.
>>
I'm from /toy/ which is also stupid slow. 4chan isn't really my thing but I frequent these two pretty regularly. I saw the cool robots and karate bugmen toys so I came here to learn more, plus this is where people talk Tezuka and other old manga dudes and, from I can tell from the one time I went, /a/ and /co/ aren't my preferred flavor (that's putting it nicely).
>>
>>14753467
best post
>>
>>14752200
One of the few places that still remembers there was anime before 2002.
>>
>>14752936
Funny how nobody talks about Trump's campaign financing violations or his ties to shady Russians. Or his complete disregard for the Constitution. I really don't understand what's going on in America.

As a Euro if Trump wins we need to develop our own Gundam fast because the Orange is either a FSB sleeper agent or he really likes Putin for some reason. The end of NATO.

Reagan is turning in his grave.
>>
>>14760758
don't worry, islams will have raped your continent to shit before January
You'll be praying for Trump and Putin to save you from them by then
>>
>>14760765
>>14760758

mods actually did their jobs for once and pruned /pol/ shit. let's keep this thread tidy.
>>
>>14757363
>pregnant Ex-Aid
wat
>>
>>14753522
10/10
>>
>>14760758
>Ronald Reagan
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0q04jeBVOw
>>
>>14752200
Discussions about robots, occasionally tanks and planes, a board where I can talk about anime that isn't about moeblobs without getting attacked by the resident butterballs that have heightened their taste of moeblobs to wizard levels.
About once a month I get real bored with my homeboards and go exploring all the boards I'm not familiar with. This one had robots punching each other.
I've been lurking here for maybe a month or two now but I've been on the site since '08.

Dear god, I've spent almost a third of my life here.
>>
>>14752200
I want to talk about tactical and super hotblooded robots. Also these niggas post dank robo memes.
>>
>>14752200
I've been here since 2007. I don't come around much anymore. Last time I was really active was for Star Driver Sundays.
Tammaro/Tammashii has been sighted on the /d/ drawthreads, and that makes me happy.
>>
File: GM-mow-uc.jpg (900KB, 1058x1500px) Image search: [Google]
GM-mow-uc.jpg
900KB, 1058x1500px
I come here on and off since 2014 when I decided to finally get into toku.

I was never really into anime although I loved mecha and mechanical designs in general since I was younger, so last year I decided to dive in. Naturally the mecha related stuff was what interested me the most and now I'm trying to discover some classics and not-so-classics shows for the first time.

>>14753462
Tekkaman Blade
>>
this is my first time on the board. i came here because i've been visiting /toy/ as i've recently gotten into gunpla. i've also been watching some mecha anime lately
>>
Robots and karate bugmen
>>
>>14752217

Well other than Super Hero Time which is very rarely if ever, I'm one of the last remaining members of the old /m/ streams that still has broadcasting power.
>>
File: 0w0.jpg (155KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0w0.jpg
155KB, 1024x1024px
>>14752200
I just wanted to know where to start with those "Common Raiders" guys. Someone sent me there. Now I've been browsing here semi-regularly for about four years. A lot less so since I dropped Ghost, though. Hopefully Ex-Aid turns out good.
>>
>>14752200
An earnest and somewhat morbid interest in man or alien-made multipurpose contraptions of variable size that I had since my childhood, many moons ago.
For far too long, I believe it was the end of the year 2007, I can still remember that day, the pungent smell of lubricant and jet fuel on that day in May, or what is June?
It was a different 4chan, before dank memes ran amok the internet, back then when cats met their Nadir and moot was still green, back when /pol/ didn't make their dark abode in the last hallowed lands of the Internet and Hiroshimoot was but a distant entity.
>>
>>14752200
Been here since 2006. Got OG1/OG2 when I was a freshman in highschool and fell in love with them. In my search for more info about SRW I ended up here and never stopped visiting. /m/ made me realize how much I love dem robots and got me into toku so it will always have a special place in my heart. Even with all the changes it's been through it's still very much one of the least cancerous boards on this site and I can't imagine going anywhere else to discuss my incredibly niche interest's
>>
Robots, though I will admit that the board is lacking discussion on non-anime robots.
>>
Im here since 2007 when I started browsing 4chan in general. I always liked Mecha and I think I started coming here when Gundam 00 was airing.

I still come here for mecha and plamo, and /m/ made me start Kamen Rider but I dont follow it right now. I still love /m/ and its a great board but it getting more popular over the years has only made the shitposting worse as years go by. Before you didnt see a lot of people that didnt like Zeta Gundam without giving an honest opinion but in recents years its the ones they do just barely do anything above shitposting.

Oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
>>
>>14752200
gundam brought me here, but gunpla and memes made me stay. I've been here for less than a year, but I've been on 4chan for years longer than that. aside from the occasional happening thread on /v/ or weekly visit to /ck/, this is basically my home board.
>>
>>14752200
>realize i've been on /m/ for nearly a decade

welp...
>>
>>14763640
share us your knowledge oldfag
>>
>>14752200
Been here since 2009. It's literally the only place to talk about old ass anime on this site. Also here for the robutts like everyone else obviously. /m/ is just the superior anime board, so I stuck around. Introduced me to a lot of obscure ass stuff and gave me the right to feel like a hipster weeb which is almost definitely not at all a good thing.
>>
>>14752775
>/a/ retirement home
I think this is truer than you know. That fits me and probably a lot of others to a T.
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.