[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you put your brain in a robot body? And say you do, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

File: m-vs-m.jpg (52KB, 700x347px) Image search: [Google]
m-vs-m.jpg
52KB, 700x347px
Would you put your brain in a robot body?

And say you do, and then there's a war, robots vs humans. What side are you on?
>>
>>14750213
I'd strap some armor on and become an Eva.
>>
Yes.
Probably robots.
>>
>>14750213
Depends how both side are morally aligned

if its Iron Blood Orphans universe where cyborgs are treated like second class citizens but used to do the worlds heavy lifting i would likely side with the robots.

if its Zionist Core "Muh chozen wunz" Robot Nazis trying to cleans the world of the sub chosen beasts id probably have to side with the humans
>>
>>14750213
If it's really fancy and has a sense of touch.
I'd fight for humans.
>>
>>14750213
I don't want to die just so a robot can use my brain as a CPU and pretend to be me, so I wouldn't.

And I'd fight against machines. Not for humanity, just against machines.
>>
>>14750228
I'm with this guy, I'll fight for whoever is morally right. Turn me into a warmachine and point me in the direction of the bad guys.
>>
>>14750244
Machines can't be morally right, but humans can be morally wrong.

So what do you pick?
>>
Well, could my robot body be a, uh, beautiful woman?
>>
I want to be a Tigerbot
>>
>>14750213
>And say you do, and then there's a war, robots vs humans. What side are you on?

Human duh, you have a human brain.

>>14750255

Yeah sure, why not.
>>
>>14750255
>>14750256

No, but it can have the strength of TEN GORILLAS!
And male pattern baldness.
>>
I love thinly-veiled Sealab threads
>>14750258
>Human duh, you have a human brain.
BUT, the humans discriminate against you. You can't even vote!
>>
Sure. Can I have a robot body that looks like an animal/animal human hybrid/has animal characteristics? This is important.
>>
>>14750303
Yes, but you can only 5 ft tall max. Because that's as big as they make them.
>>
>>14750267

Better not have to live on a reservation
>>
Why is it always robots vs humans?

Humans have been fighting other humans for thousands of years. Why does everything suddenly get polarized when robots enter the scene. Wouldn't robots and humans vs other robots and humans make more sense?
>>
>>14750337
Shit, that's fine by me. I'll take it.
>>
>>14750248

Stupid animals understand when theyve done something wrong, im sure robots with the capacity to take on humanity would have the capacity for the understanding of morals and ethics.

obviously they would generally use logic to dictate its decisions, but what if the logical decision is to base your decision based on your peers morals
>>
File: 2B.jpg (37KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
2B.jpg
37KB, 720x405px
>>14750213
>Would you put your brain in a robot body?
Yes
>And say you do, and then there's a war, robots vs humans. What side are you on?
robots
>>
>>14750350
because according to humans all robots hates humans
>>
File: 4vADVe1r3a9fdo1_500.gif (993KB, 500x365px) Image search: [Google]
4vADVe1r3a9fdo1_500.gif
993KB, 500x365px
Depends what happens to my old body once my brain is put in the Adrian Barbobot.
>>
>>14750213
Yes. I'd like to know what kind of body it is; is it essentially a metal skeleton with a brain just shoveled inside or is it like a Deus Ex augmentation/synthetic body? But either way, yes, in the end.

>There's a war, robots vs humans. What side are you on?
It depends entirely on the context. I agree with >>14750350
I wouldn't even necessarily side with the ones who are "right", just those that would benefit me most.
>>
Respect the robot
Become the robot
>>
>>14750213
Do I get two penises, and the strength of five Gorillas?
>>
i would totally put my brain in a robot body and side with the machines
>>
>>14750256
>>14750303
No way. If I'm 5 feet tall, he can't be a goddamn tigerbot!
>>
>>14750261
Can my robot body be a stale meme based in a dead primate?
>>
>>14750213
Yes.

I'd save both sides from each other.
>>
>>14750213

Phantom pain is a good pain.
>>
>>14750213
>robot vs. human war
Why?

>>14750350
Fuckin' this.
>>
>>14751178
Then B_K will remain human!

Have fun on the robot reservation suckers. We're not going to honor those bogus treaties. B_K will see you in hel-
>>
File: Janperson.jpg (29KB, 217x355px) Image search: [Google]
Janperson.jpg
29KB, 217x355px
>>14750213
YOU FIGHT FOR JUSTICE!
>>14754086
IF THEY'RE NOT ON THE SIDE OF JUSTICE THEN THEY'RE THE ENEMIES OF PEACE!
>>
File: random_spyro_set.jpg (76KB, 792x829px) Image search: [Google]
random_spyro_set.jpg
76KB, 792x829px
>>14754086
Robots vs. rowdy animals would be more sensible. Just ask this guy, who had to help defend robots from the latter twice.
>>
>>14750213
Definitely, wouldn't be on /m/ in the first place if I don't want to be part of the GitS universe

The side that doesn't oppress full prosthetic body/cyborgs
>>
>>14750213
No, augments are the upmost limit, I cherish my humanity.
>What side are you on?
My own, as long as I can protect those who are dear to me it's the right side for me, whether those that I want to protect are humans, robots or both is the question, though if it's brought to the extreme of all humans VS all Robots, noitemsfinaldestination, I'm fundamentally human, so humans get precedence.
>>
>>14754152
He's right. They will screw us.
>>
>>14754086
>Why?

Because >>14750267
>>
WAIT.

If we're robots, we'll need mechanics. They could shut us down!
>>
File: 1465251395169.jpg (74KB, 354x663px) Image search: [Google]
1465251395169.jpg
74KB, 354x663px
>>14750228
This, but turn me into a fucking GM first so I can become destroyer of /k/eks
>>
>>14750213
I would definitely put my brain in a robot body. If the robots are artificially intelligent then I would probably join them, because I could have a robot waifu.
>>
>>14750213
Depend if I get to choose the design and characteristics of my new body and if I can keep my dick.

Robots 'cause qt robotfus.
>>
>>14754845
No no no, your robot body would go crazy and kill them.
>>
File: Kusanagi.Motoko.full.1507656[1].jpg (333KB, 720x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Kusanagi.Motoko.full.1507656[1].jpg
333KB, 720x1000px
Can I be The Major?
>>
Relevant to this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz_tlWA0KqU
>>
>>14755315
>they'll beg to shove their dick into my robot.
Well that's a pretty true statement of The Major.
>>
>>14750213
THE SIDE WITH BIG CHAINSAW HANDS BZZZZZZZZZ
>>
>>14755307
Yes, but you can only have A cups. Only the Adrian Barbobot can have D cups. Of justice.
>>
No, I'd put it in something better
>>
if I get a modular dick, enhanced spine and bulletproof flesh. I'll fight and fuck for our machine overlords.
>>
If it replicates human sesne of touch and other sensory identically or better yes

robots because if we are ever at the point where robots are intelligent enough to actually wage an armed uprising the odds of humanity winning are laughable
>>
Yes
And fight for the robots, fuck humans! a purge has been needed for a long time now. Racism is at an all time high and humans deserve a purge for that alone.
>>
>>14750499
There go my nipples again.
>>
>>14750213
Yes, and would sell guns for both sides.
>>
Yes I would put my brain in a robot body, as long as we're talking about my actual physical brain and not just uploading my memories or whatever.

I don't think the war question makes sense. If the robots are AIs rebelling against humans, why would they want a human brain on their side?
>>
>>14755423
That sounds very bigoted of you.
>>
>>14750213
>robots vs humans

Robots like me? Or robots that are pure AI?
>>
>>14750213
I'd be on the robots side anyway. Because if I help them win maybe they would put me in a robot body.
Plus you have to think about their point of view: we make computers do all the menial bullshit we're too good to do ourselves. When was the last time you actually appreciated the job that te automatic toilet flusher does? Have you ever even said "Thank you" or even "Hi" to the automatic door opener?
#RESPECTTHEROBOT
>>
>>14755588
>When was the last time you actually appreciated the job that te automatic toilet flusher does?
I remember a few years back on NPR a piece about how people tend to respond politely to automated phone systems that sound more conversational. Like ones that say "Okay, I'll look that up." instead of "Request processing *beep*"
>>
No
Humans
>>
>>14750213
I want robot body for sake of body swapping to literally whatever. I got the /m/mechanization fetish from /d/
I don't know whos side I'd take.
>>
>>14755315
Now I want Erik Estrada to start dubbing my animus.
>>
File: B4NAy8JCcAAikZM.png (41KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
B4NAy8JCcAAikZM.png
41KB, 600x601px
I already sexually identify as an attack helicopter, so it's pretty easy which side I would join.
>>
>>14757903

Who doesn't?
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.