[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME AMERICAN GRIDIRON

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (29KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 400x225px
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME

AMERICAN

GRIDIRON
>>
Fooball!
>>
>>14746384

I'd rather watch rugby. Or maybe Australian Rules. American Football.is kind of meh.
>>
>>14746428

The hits in rugby aren't hard enough for my taste. They only seem hard because the lack of pads means even the smallest of scrapes leads to blood.
>>
>>14746440

> they only hit hard enough to draw blood
> hitting people with pads is better

That aside, Rugby and Australian Rules aren't better purely because of a lack of protection to make the play more visceral, it's better for a variety of reasons. American Football is just plain slow, and stops and starts too much, there's more focus on individual achievement rather than team focus and American Football is more spectacle than sport in a lot of ways, with pre-game shows and half time shows along with the ads and money of the whole thing being more important than the actual sport.
>>
>>14746384
I always thought that cg robot was really cool.
I remember this one time when I was young, I ended up watching some football because of it, hoping it would show up.
>>
>>14746384

AIEOU
>>
>>14746460
>timerscamming is spectacle

Actually when you get down to it gridiron is really a strategy game rather than an athletic competition.
>>
>>14746482

I never said timescanning was part of spectacle, only that it included both. They're different statements. American Football is a strategy game rather than an athletic one though, yes.
>>
can he beat the brazilian robot at dancing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHLlilNrHs0
>>
>>14746460
>> hitting people with pads is better
He's not wrong. The hits in rugby are softer because you can't focus on playing the game and hitting hard, you also have to consider not breaking yourself.

>there's more focus on individual achievement rather than team focus
That's called faggotry and poor sportsmanship. Anything below college football on a properly coached team doesn't have a drop of that.

>American Football is more spectacle than sport in a lot of ways
Yes.

>pre-game shows and half time shows along with the ads and money of the whole thing being more important than the actual sport.
You shouldn't be watching the NFL/espn if you want to actually watch football...

>whole thing being more important than the actual sport.
Again, if you want to watch clean football, then you should be looking at high school and below.
>>
>>>/sp/
just because op's pic is a robot does not make you fags arguing over handegg vs rugby an /m/ related topic
>>
File: star-wars-football.png (355KB, 858x498px) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-football.png
355KB, 858x498px
>>14747508
Fuck you mang.
>>
>>14746384
Gypsy Danger, is that you?
>>
>>14746384
Reminder that baseball has had several better robot videogames than handegg.
>>
>>14746470
This. They even sell toys of the robot.
>>
>>14746387
AEIOU
>>
>>14746440
>The hits in rugby aren't hard enough for my taste.
A sport where you'd expected to come out of it with minor to severe brain damage by the end of your career seems a little too focused on big guys slamming into each other.
>>
>>14747852
You are ignoring the the ~4 to 15 years they spend playing before going to the NFL.
>>
>>14746428
>>14746440
>>14746460

We need to go full Blood Bowl, where you combine the importance of scoring with a level of brutality found in a hockey game where everyone is on edge, combined with legally sanctioned ref bribes.

>>14747852

We could always be hitting harder.
>>
>>14747869
I would include that as a part of your career, but you could instead say "over the course of you playing the game".
>>
>>14747870
Hit submit too soon.

Was going to say that people may think I'm just goofing around, but I'm not. Imagine how much more popular it could become if football was an actual bloodsport. Players being allowed to do things like shoulder charge into another player's back, tripping/kicking, etc. The only problem would be finding players suicidal enough to play.
>>
>>14747892
>The only problem would be finding players suicidal enough to play.
Third world. Life is very cheap there.
We need modern gladiators, but without weapons and choke locks.
>>
>>14747895

One problem: they're all into soccer
>>
>tfw no Robot Damashii of NFLFOXbot
>>
>>14747948
iirc his name is Cleatus
>>
I miss the stupid little dances he did in the corner.
>>
>>14748857
Remember when he would transform into the NFL logo?
>>
>>14746476
>>14747833

JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN JOHN MADDEN
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.