[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the Seed universe the most expanded universe after UC? Do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 17

Is the Seed universe the most expanded universe after UC?
Do nips love Seed that much?
>>
Be up front with me /m/...should I give SEED a chance?
>>
>>14744664
Kinda. SEED was popular and Bandai tried to milk it with various side stories and whatnot. The problem was that the fanbase didn't care about any of that shit. They only cared for their self-insert power fantasies, Kira and Lacus, which rendered attempts to expand the timeline pointless.

It's that reason why they never made any more OVAs. Manga is cheap and they can get a few kits out of it, so why not add to the one AU most people are familiar with?
>>
>>14744682
It has it's moments and the first half is pretty strong. It's just that the show devolves once Kira gets the Freedom and it becomes appearant that this is what the creators think is good. I'd say SEED ends before it goes full retard, but then Destiny comes in to finish the job.

Give it a watch for yourself though and form your own opinions.
>>
>>14744682
Absolutely. You'll either like it and have a new show to enjoy, or you'll hate it and be able to shitpost about it like the rest of /m/.

If nothing else, unlike literally every other Gundam series, I have never seen SEED or even SEED Destiny be accused of being boring, not like Wing, Turn A, 00, G-Reco, so on.
>>
>>14744682
I found it to be fun. First half is legitimately okay. Second half is a balance between being dumb fun and still being legitimately okay. Also don't feel bad about skipping the recap episodes. Because holy shit are there a lot of them.
>>
>>14744715
Aren't there just two recaps in SEED? As opposed to 6 recaps in Destiny.
>>
File: 1415526447672.jpg (65KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415526447672.jpg
65KB, 1280x720px
>>14744724
That might be it. I just remember one of them having a shit ton of recaps.
>>
>>14744682

Make sure to watch the remastered version, it's like a solid 1+ over the original one.
>>
Is this the thread where we somewhat objectively talk about SEED's faults and good points?
Can we talk about the naval combat? I mean, I wouldn't be kidding if I said it has the best spaceship fights in the franchise. The fact Archangel is actively involved in almost every battle in the show and has the bridge crew constantly call out attack commands VALIANTO, TEE makes for really fun and engaging fights, even if pretty much every attack used is stock-footage. Also anti-beam charges are a really nice weapon.
>>
>>14744664

It is, but they do so little with it. The Earth Alliance is always the source of all evils, ZAFT is sometimes evil, and all third parties are good guys.
>>
>>14744744
I just wish the Archangel wasn't animated in awful early-2000s CG.
>>
>>14744761
Still better than Berserk.
>>
>>14744761
I really, really want one of those Archangel kits.
>>
>>14744682
It has some glaring problems with its writing (moreso than other Gundam series), but it can also be very entertaining depending on how much you can ignore those issues.

It's bit like Sword Art Online in that way, and popular for the same reasons.
>>
File: andrew.jpg (117KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
andrew.jpg
117KB, 225x350px
>>14744744
Seed has some really handsome men in it.
I've said this before. To truly appreciate Seed, you gotta get into the mindset of an upandcoming middle school fujoshi. It helps to look at some fanart to truly get into the mood. Then you can focus on shipping all those gorgeous men together.
>but that's gay anon!
Fuck off, it's not gay to fantasize about homosexual men so long as you're pretending to be a girl.

Just look at this man. Look at those sideburns. And that chiseled jaw.
>>
File: 51857522_p0.jpg (491KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
51857522_p0.jpg
491KB, 900x1200px
>>14744798
I'm not gay. And I don't particularly like yaoi. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see Yzak get the 'D'earka.
>>
>>14744734
Oh fuck you. I wouldn't wish SEED Remastered on my dog.
>>
>>14744704
Anyone who says the problem with something is that its "boring" should have their opinions immediately discarded.
>>
I still wish they continued to make Athrun's or Lacus' Counter attack movie.
>>
>>14744704
This. Seed always managed to one up itself with dumb shit like Kira surviving the Aegis explosion.
>>
>>14744867
Me too. I don't have any strong love for SEED, but I just want the whole universe to be tied up with a nice pretty bow, so we can have our resolution and let the Cosmic Era sleep forever. Like what A wakening of the Trailblazer was for 00.
>>
SEED>Turn A
>>
>>14744890
SEED>Dragonar
>>
>>14744890
I unironically, honestly agree.
>>
>>14744890
I disagree.
>>
>>14744703
Frankly they should have had Athrun capture Kira and take him back to PLANT instead of the asspull we got
>>
>>14744880
I really liked Kira back when he was piloting the Strike but as the show progressed, he got worse. I don't believe I'm alone in saying his character was completely ruined, transformed into a self-righteous hypocrite. Part of me wishes for even a 26 episode series to fix him, to allow him to grow into the adult he's supposed to be rather than the manchild shitty writing made him. Make him deal with the consequences of his actions and present his faults as actual issues. Hell, I'd setting for a manga.
>>
>>14744902
Then you unironically, honestly should kill yourself
>>
>>14744949
As opposed to ironically and facetiously killing myself? You fucking idiot, get out of this SEED thread. Go back to shitposting about IBO or any other popular Gundam series.
>>
>>14744924
I started Destiny a little ago and I'm really enjoying how thoroughly the world and Shinn shit on Cagalli's childish idealism with no regard for what's actually happening.
They throw it all out of the window later down the line, don't they?
>>
>>14745029
They shit on Cagalli the entire series. Sadly they shit on Shinn as well.
Kira is the only one who is right.
>>
>>14745029
Just watch the show, anon. Don't let the perceptions of others color your own.
>>
>>14745033
>>14745034
Shinn just seems like such a hard antithesis to late-SEED Kira. It's actually interesting to see a protagonist that's both a regular pilot for his machine and a victim of the previous war.
>>
>There will never a G Gundam AU
>>
>>14744924
I have two conflicting desires.
>A SEED grand finale which treats Kira and Lacus as real, imperfect human beings, and redeems Shinn and Cagalli.
>A SEED grand finale helmed by Fukuda, dedicated to his deceased wife.
The latter might preclude the former, but I still feel like a grand finale would need his "stamp".
>>
>>14745070
>depressed Fukuda gives us a self reflecting work of art, like the EoE of SEED
Fund it now.
>>
File: 1427561815697.jpg (926KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1427561815697.jpg
926KB, 1280x720px
>>14745070
How about a SEED grand finale where Angelise-sama invades CE?
>>
>>14744724
SEED's first recap is actually pretty interesting, because it gives us a lot more information about what led to the start of the war, and some insight into Rau Le Creuset.

It's a shame the show devolved into "EA dumb, Kira strong, Rau is A CHAR" after the Freedom shows up.
>>
>>14745070
>redeems Shinn and Cagalli
I know SRW Z 'fixes' Shinn and Kira, but how does Cagalli fare in those games?

>>14745079
>EoE of SEED
So do we get Giant Naked Lacus, or Giant Naked Luna?
>>
>>14745092
We've already seen naked Luna, so Lacus would be a change of pace.
>>
File: seedremaster.jpg (84KB, 1280x480px) Image search: [Google]
seedremaster.jpg
84KB, 1280x480px
>>14744734
>it's like a solid 1+ over the original one
AHAHAHAHA
>>
>>14745083
They actually include that part of the recap in the Remaster while cutting out the actual unneeded recap.
I liked Rau's line about doves.
>>
>>14745101
Honestly there are only a few points where the original makes the hiraiface look significantly better. And the remaster does wonders for the mobile suit battles.
>>
>>14745092
They couldn't do much because her VA was refusing to voice her again, but the do some fixes in the unvoiced games.
>>
File: seedupscale.jpg (84KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
seedupscale.jpg
84KB, 1280x720px
>>14745111
Redrawn stock footage is still stock footage though. Plus some of the transitions between old and new animation is pretty jarring at times, made worse by the cropping (honestly, I would have preferred they kept the show's original aspect ratio).
>>
>>14745081
Only if Setsuna shows up an BTFOs everyone with UNDERSTANDING.
>>
File: 1471748100248.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471748100248.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>14745193
>>
File: believe.jpg (30KB, 640x362px) Image search: [Google]
believe.jpg
30KB, 640x362px
>>14745092
Giant Space Whale Lacus.

>Lacus dies, assassinated by ZAFT radicals loyal to the ideals of Patrick Zala.
>Kira, wrecked by grief, loses himself and initiates total war with the Orb-controlled Earth Union.
>Cagalli, who has now left war and politics for a career in science, studies newly-discovered Evidence-01 gene samples, noticing striking similarities between space whale genes and the SEED factor.
>Cagalli tries to clone the alien species, but her repeated efforts fail.
>On her last attempt, she accidentally contaminates the sample with Lacus's DNA, and the Lacus/Evidence-01 hybrid grows at an alarming rate, destroying the Hibiki Memorial Research Colony, Mendel-II, and assimilating all SEED-bearing humans within, including Cagalli.

>A colossal, colony-sized space mermaid (the Evidence-01 fossil was just that of an infant space whale) with a space whale's tail and wings and Lacus's upper body and exquisite breasts glides through the Earth Sphere, pacifying all mankind and ending Kira's war with her cosmic whalesong.
>The true space whales awaken from hibernation in the Oort Cloud, and ask MerLacus to join their pod and migrate to other star systems beyond.

>Kira, unable to forgive himself for personally killing Arthrun, Meyrin, and countless other lives, entrusts Shinn and Lunamaria to inherit the ideals he and Lacus once fought for.
>Kira rendezvous with MerLacus in his Eternal Freedom Gundam, and rides her among the space whale pod into the endless void of space.
>>
>>14745221
>For Chiaki.
>>
>>14744704
>>14744831

Uh not really. Destiny is boring as shit for some parts because nothing is happening, literally for whole stretches of episodes at a time, because they were too behind to actually animate anything moving much.

It's not as bad binge watching it, but it was murder watching it week by and week by week of clip shows flashbacks and nothing happening for like 4 episodes.
>>
File: shot0001.png (903KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
shot0001.png
903KB, 640x480px
>>14745070
I'd still rather see an OVA where the Stargazer sets out to explore deep space but stops just before leaving the solar system because it finds an unknown mobile suit drifting just inside Plutos's orbit and brings it back. ZAFT duplicate most of its systems, including its apocalyptic nanomachine weapon but Lacus thinks it doesn't look friendly enough and orders the techs to give it a big friendly looking moustache.
>>
>>14747457
What about an OVA where it is revealed Lacus is secretly orchestrating everything, trying to further weapons tech as much as possible for the day the Turns are once again found and need to be destroyed (she knows about the Black History)?
>>
>>14744890
SEED>IBO
>>
>>14748340
AGE>IBO, because at least AGE is entertainingly bad with it's bullshit and stupidity.
>>
Will there ever be a SEED movie?
>>
>>14744798
Kira Yamato are these the kinds of people I associate with
>>
>>14744798
You're in the wrong mindset, you're saying this about the handsome guy with defined features instead of the prettyboys with the melting faces.
>>
>>14744734
Honestly I'd say the original is better for Seed and the HD remaster is significantly better for Destiny.
>>
>>14744890
I won't say it's better but I will say that I unironically adored watching Seed.
>>
>>14748714
Probably not, I don't think I've heard any news about the project since Morosawa died.
>>
>>14750291
there hasn't been any real news on the seed movie since after destiny, that's how long it's been
>>
>>14750297
That's depressing. I'd really like to see more of CE, despite the issues with Seed and Destiny, I adore the setting and I think both series had some really beautiful moments between the shitter parts.
>>
>>14750312

I think this is the case with a lot of us. The show went bad yet people would still hold out for a sequel to fix the many problems.

Granted, those guys who think the Remaster would have fixed the story clearly had expectations way too high.
>>
>>14748385
IBO > SEED > AGE
But only because AGE was so boring I didn't watch past ep30.
SEED/Destiny kept me interested, even if the interest was in how much Kira could piss me off.
I unironically like IBO.
>>
>>14747597
Doesn't fit. That would mean SEED took place between 8000UC (Moonlight Butterfly) and 10,000UC(Turn A), which would mean that Copernicus City would already be run by Diana Counter and the Sacktraeger would already be in geostationary orbit above North America. It would have to be before the Turns showed up.
But since Copernicus City hardly looks any different between Destiny and Turn A, but you still have the problem of History Of Turn A stating that the Lunarians got to the moon via the Sacktraeger before the Turns showed up, so it can't be immediatly after Destiny. Something had to have happened to make people leave Earth for the Moon in large enough numbers that the Sacktraeger was built.

(the fall of Ades is stated to have been from an earlier era, despite what the Adeskan legend says, so that could have been before SEED (maybe 00's orbital eleators?).
>>
>>14750439
>8000UC (Moonlight Butterfly) and 10,000UC(Turn A)
? ? ?
>>
>>14750538
if I remember correctly, in turn a theres a period of about 2000 years before the start of the series where civilization is destroyed and comes back after the moonlight butterfly system on the turn A pretty much destroys all technology on the planet.
>>
>new Gundam announced
>it's late CE

How do you react, /m/en?
>>
>>14750717
Depression that it's knockoff F91 or Victory instead of the real deal.
>>
>>14750796
>>14750717
in two years CE already developed beam shields and flight capable MS with heavy beam armament

what sort of massively advanced technology will they have then? the backstory technical explanation for the silver and gold joints for the IJ and SF already sound like knockoff NT-D/trans-am, and the shit they were doing with mirage colloid in the latest astray sidestories are similar to GN particles (particle propulsion and anti-gravity floating)
>>
>>14750843
I'm assuming mass-production 00 Qantas and Turns.
>>
>>14750843
...How can they be knock off NT-D/Trans-AM if both suits existed a significant amount of time prior to either series even being published?
>>
>>14750717
>it's late CE
So long as everyone from CE is dead and buried, I'd be down for it.
At that point it's pretty much a new universe.
>>
>>14750717
Late CE would be scary as fuck based upon how quickly tech develops in the SEED universe.

The strike was basically an updated RX-78 and I would put most of the tech levels slightly more advanced than the OYW.

The SJ and IJ were pushing tech limits WAY beyond what we saw in the late UC. Beam shields and flight capable MS were being rolled out and were becoming common.
>>
>>14750932
Were they really that much more advanced than late UC tech?
I dont remember them doing anything that a late UC mobile suit couldnt do.
Then again, it's been a while since i saw Destiny
>>
>>14744682
Watch Up until Kira and Athrun fight in original Seed, then watch stargazer.
Or alternatively just watch stargazer and nothing else.
>>
Can anyone explain the white whale thingy? Also the show actually had some decent potential with all the genetic engineering space whales. Stargazer flushed it out well but how did they just fuck it up so much?
>>
>>14750932
CE suits were still super heavy. They may have cool technology but they haven't found a way to shrink it down like late UC and other AU like FC, AC and AW. They also still are shit on by beams while those shows can tank beams for a bit.
>>
>>14751264
Plus batteries. Most CE suits don't have reactors due to the peace treaty.

Then there was how they were being chumped by something as slow as the Freedom. The canon is it took Kira three days to get to Alaska from the PLANTS. From about the same distance as the moon, having near infinite acceleration plus the later pull of Earth's gravity, it took him three days. Meanwhile, in Unicorn the Delta Plus was able to do it in two after the propellant was used up in battle.
>>
>>14751493
How would Kira even travel for three days straight like that? Barring more Ultimate Coordinator BS, it's not like he had any supplies or a bathroom onboard the Freedom, and it doesn't look like you can hide snacks inside of those uniforms.
>>
File: Phase 3.png (587KB, 640x1108px) Image search: [Google]
Phase 3.png
587KB, 640x1108px
>>14745101
>>
>>14753429

I love this.
>>
File: 1446146477364.jpg (12KB, 500x150px) Image search: [Google]
1446146477364.jpg
12KB, 500x150px
>>14744664
>>
>>14750538
>>14750635
The Moonlight Butterfly seems to occur sometime between 2000 or 3000 years before Turn A, CC 0001 is probably close to the date of the catastrophe. As for why >>14750538 says Turn A occurs in UC 10,000, in Episode 44 of Turn A, Lily says that the Universal Century began 10,000 years ago. However, in the compilation films, Lily says it began 5,000 years ago instead, during the nearly-identical scene. And we don't know how rough her estimate was, or if she based it off any hard evidence in the first place.

But it's pretty weird how they took the effort to change it from 10,000 to 5,000.
>>
>>14754798
You didn't eve bother to read the thread
>>
File: 15462566.jpg (189KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
15462566.jpg
189KB, 800x600px
SEED Destiny could be the most enraging thing but I liked the MS designs and I enjoyed the initial Zaft cast. I wish the whole Minerva crew didn't have their show hijacked.
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.