[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scramble Gundam (test type)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Cr9LCK_UEAEzHAb.jpg (602KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Cr9LCK_UEAEzHAb.jpg
602KB, 2048x1536px
Multiple units are being made
Shows up in:
Gundam Build Fighters Try Island Wars (standard form)
Gundam Build Fighters Amazing Ready (as Hot Scramble Gundam)
etc.
Gundam Breaker 3 (standard form)
>>
>>14740735
>multiple Scramble Gundams are being produced
Is this the new Mock, then?
>>
>>14740735
>that disgusting lineart

Why does Okawara keep getting employed?
>>
>>14740771
Fuck if I know. All I know is that his designs are generally better looking when someone else draws them, or while they're in motion.

Also, I just can't like the Scramble Gundam; it looks like Okawara took the Zeta Gundam and a handful of Cosmic Era Mobile Suits, tossed them in the blender with blue clear parts and hit "puree".

I think the worst offense of this Gundam though, is the mouth vents on the Zeta face. It looks so very wrong...
>>
>>14740771
>>14740785

Think of it this way: you can be very good actor that can handle any role and any script thrown at you, but that's not the same as writing the script and creating that character.

Now of course you can be good at both, but Okawara obviously focuses on creating the "scripts" for other people to act out.

The in-universe description is that the Scramble does incorporate the Zeta and the Destiny. That's probably the notes they gave Okawara, and so that's what he delivered.
>>
>>14740735
>Hot Scramble Gundam

Who comes up with these names?
>>
>>14740771

... what's so bad about it?
>>
>>14740900

>He hasn't heard about the ancient as fuck Famicom Zeta Gundam: Hot Scramble game

Not that I blame you, here's a playthrough by some Japanese dude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SgE4EYG4ds
>>
Is meatbunbabby named yet
>>
File: RX-78-2_-_MSV.png (3MB, 1167x1720px) Image search: [Google]
RX-78-2_-_MSV.png
3MB, 1167x1720px
>>14740771
The better question is, how has his art not improved within the past 40 years or so of his career? I've never seen an artist be so consistently mediocre before with no desire to improve or change things.
>>
>>14740937
>how has his art not improved within the past 40 years or so of his career?
That's because he's a shit artist, and when asked about it, he plays the victim card and says "I'm so shit pls no bully"
>>
>>14740909
it's the 30th anniversary of the game, so I guess that's as much celebration we are getting?
>>
>>14740873
Just because they gave him guidelines for what to make doesn't excuse him every time he craps out the latest abomination.

Look at the fucking Kamiki Burning, or the Try Burning. I guaran-fucking-tee that ANYONE ELSE would have made a much nicer looking set of "upgrades" for the Build Burning.

Just because Okawara drew up the first form doesn't mean he should design the upgrades. It's like how Kou went from the GP01 to the Full Vernian; drawn by the same guy, but then the GP03S was done by another guy entirely, one Hajime Katoki, yet it still felt like a natural progression from the GP01.
>>
>>14741095
Build Burning shouldn't have been an original suit anyway. It should've been a customized Shining, so Kamiki Burning could've been a customized God.
>>
>>14740909
>same music the entire fucking game
>>
>>14741095

>Just because they gave him guidelines for what to make doesn't excuse him every time he craps out the latest abomination.

It actually does. If they didn't like what he crapped out, they could have sent it back and tell him to do it again. From various background materials of various series, we know mecha designs can and do go through several drafts and iterations before a final design is decided. This includes both original and the upgrade mechas

>Just because Okawara drew up the first form doesn't mean he should design the upgrades.

Perhaps, but consider this is Try, a very unashamed cash grab sequel that came just 1 year after the original (with Island Wars being an unashamed cash grab OVA for that sequel)

Even SEED Destiny was 2 years after SEED
>>
>>14741713
... Fair enough.

I want to hope that the eventual third season, which we KNOW will happen eventually because Sunrise and Bandai loves money, will be better, but I won't hold my breath.

It's a shame, though; so much is introduced in Try and Island Wars that is discussed a little, but is never brought up again. Or things brought up in the original series that Try never revisited.

Like Assimilation; the first couple of times it happened, it was treated like this big issue that would be addressed, but nope, nothing. Not even after Sekai busted his wrist did we ever learn more about it beyond "The fighter syncs with their Gunpla, and it's both dangerous and awesome".

Also, the Gunpla Mafia was a thing in the first series. Yet nothing was ever stated about them afterwards. Were they dissolved? Are they still at large?

Will Aila and Reiji's daughteru return in a new series, or is she doomed to her one-off appearance in Try's OVA?
>>
>>14741754

>Also, the Gunpla Mafia was a thing in the first series. Yet nothing was ever stated about them afterwards. Were they dissolved? Are they still at large?

It was basically used as a mean to create "tension" for the story as they can't have Sei and Reiji just cruise through the preliminary rounds with ease (despite Mashita could've also rigged the Tamaire Match (5th Round) too by putting Sei into the "not fucking stacked" team).

Considering that Gunpla Mafia is just generally described as mercenaries for hire to perform dirty jobs, of course there will be more roaming about for /m/ to fetishize with their OC DONUT STEEL stories
>>
>>14741754
> Not even after Sekai busted his wrist did we ever learn more about it beyond "The fighter syncs with their Gunpla, and it's both dangerous and awesome".

We did actually. According to the triplets it's just a placebo and the act actually grants no real powerups. The fighter should be capable of being that powerful even without assimilation.
>>
is there some way the Scramble Gundam resembles the Zeta in Hot Scramble that I'm missing?

I don't recall those colors at all.

was it in the "Final Version" edition of the game?
>>
>>14742196
It's not the color on the Zeta.
It's all about the color in the energy gauge.
>>
>>14742214
oh
okay.
>>
File: TGS31.jpg (113KB, 667x444px) Image search: [Google]
TGS31.jpg
113KB, 667x444px
>>14740900
It's pretty sweet though.
>>
File: Zogok.jpg (253KB, 1662x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Zogok.jpg
253KB, 1662x1020px
>>14740771
He's an idea man, I never have a problem with the bones of what he makes. I have a problem that the company doesn't put someone between him and us to clean up the design. Okawara designs always need to go
Okawara > A Cleaner > Consumer
>>
>tfw like Okawara's stuff
I can't be the only one, right?
>>
>>14742302

They have that old school goofy MSV feel to them and that's what he should stick to instead of making art for main suits like the Build Burning.
>>
>>14742296
The left one looks better.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.