[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: is_chara01.jpg (75KB, 752x479px) Image search: [Google]
is_chara01.jpg
75KB, 752x479px
What went wrong?
>>
Breaking News: LN Writer Has Good Concept, Completely Wastes It To Focus On Tits
>>
The anime left out Ichika's inner monologues, which were full of snark and sass hich would have made him infinitely more enjoyable as a protagonist.

In general, the girls would go into jealous, frothing rages any time someone was flirting with Ichika that wasn't them, with Rin being the worst offender.

Also Tabane is the reason everything went wrong. EVERYTHING. She invents the IS JUST BECAUSE SHE CAN, and orchestrates an international crisis where all the leading economical powers' nuclear arms go off, so she can have her BESTEST BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD, who is Ichika's sister, show off her IS, and save everyone's sorry asses from the problem SHE CAUSED.

But guess what? It didn't stop there; because she made the first IS with Chifuyu in mind, an IS could only be operated by females. She could have easily fixed that, but nope, she didn't want to because LOLSORANDUMB. This triggers a massive societal shift where suddenly it's a worldwide matriarchy and it's this comical shitshow where male and female roles are reversed and conventional military armaments are rendered obsolete.

So, you can imagine how this might fuck up her home life, right? Well, she couldn't give an iota of a fuck what it does to the rest of her family, especially her baby sister, who had to move around constantly, and grow up with severe social issues. By the time Houki's in high schoo, Tabane shows up literally out of the blue, and gives her a SUPER SPECIAL PROTOTYPE IS, as a half-assed apology that, instead of refusing like any sane individual with two brain cells to rub together would do, Houki FUCKING GLEEFULLY ACCEPTS THE BRIBE AND TABANE GETS OFF SCOT-FREE.

FUCK Infinite Stratos and FUCK TABANE SHINONONO.
>>
I actually like harems, so I'll tell you my problems with it. It should be battle harem, but the show doesn't care at all about it's plot line. Usually This creates a weak story where it seems nothing of value is going on. This squanders what seems like it could be a good setting. The next problem, is the girls, which should be the selling point since the plot isn't, are never given significant chance for character growth. The writer instead treats it like oh her arc is done, better make a new character for the next one. Then the character from the previous arc is left hanging. I've seen people compare it to a VN because of this. Beat tatanashi route unlock kanzashi route. People who like a certain character are pretty well fucked once their introduction arc is done. Next comes the lack of commitment. Since you've made the plot tertiary and the girls being developed is secondary at best, what do you have left to sell? The only answer is tits & ass, and IS doesn't have the decency to just go full ecchi with it. It really leaves a viewer with nothing to latch on to with it.
>>
>>14728734
>LN writer has good concept, too stricken by anxiety to do anything more than hedge on ecchi to maintain steady income

Has the author regained control of his life yet? I've heard things about him being kinda a fragile house of cards at times.
>>
File: 1462818542330.jpg (2MB, 3445x4871px) Image search: [Google]
1462818542330.jpg
2MB, 3445x4871px
Hundred was better.
>>
>>14728767
You forgot the part where after she pushed to make the IS famous as a super weapon she suddenly developed a sense of morals over releasing a super weapon that could trigger a new series of wars and refused to share the secrets of the core tech behind it so she could limit how many IS each country has.
>>
File: 1468696461275.png (668KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1468696461275.png
668KB, 600x600px
>>14728734
>LN writer has good concept
>Is a terrible fucking writer
>>
>>14728826
>I actually like harems,
Ceased perusing here.
>>
>>14728525

Lost its plot early on. IS is still the quintessential mecha battle harem, but it could have been even greater.

Like Hidan no Aria, the anime never reached the ln's level of popularity.
>>
File: choco_0027.jpg (686KB, 1400x2000px) Image search: [Google]
choco_0027.jpg
686KB, 1400x2000px
Not enough Char
>>
>>14729021
That ass is flat
>>
>>14729696
>No 3rd gen frame yet

She needs her IS version of a gelgoog.
>>
File: choco_0045.jpg (510KB, 1407x2000px) Image search: [Google]
choco_0045.jpg
510KB, 1407x2000px
>>14731689
I think she got a booster package of some sorts, but I agree.

And besides, her using a customized production model against all of the other speshul snowflakes IS only makes it better.
>>
>>14728767
>all of that
holy shit I am glad I dropped it.
There are times where the setting successfully justifies having cool stuff in the story, this isn't one of them.
>>
File: 1301611067945.jpg (425KB, 1244x700px) Image search: [Google]
1301611067945.jpg
425KB, 1244x700px
>>14728525

It won't end in incest, and didn't the story also went full retard with clones and what not?
>>
>>14728767
Did the Novel ever explain how Ichika is the only male who can pilot ?
>>
>>14734229
The creator of ISs likes him, does it really need more explanation of that. I'm always more bothered by the fact that she lets just any old women use her super weapon. You'd think with her personality she'd keep it to her favorites: Houki, Ichika, and Chifuyu. Maybe Madoka since she knows her. Instead nope is for all girls.
>>
>>14728525
It was a harem. It was destined to be bad from the start.
>>
>>14734281
huh, i thought it might have been because Ichika's a clone of Chifuyu theory.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.