[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hangout thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Streaming Gundam Thunderbolt (December Sky) today.

/m/ Discord:
https://discord.gg/mm7UJ6T

Link in next post.
>>
>>14723242
https://www.rabb.it/UsoEbbing

I'll delete the thread when it's over
>>
>>14723244
How do you delete threads?
>>
>>14723254
gotta buy a gold account
>>
>>14723254
The box next to subject. Click it and in the bottom right of the screen hit delete.
>>
File: 10388934p.jpg (218KB, 954x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10388934p.jpg
218KB, 954x1200px
>>
Wow, this siteĀ“s interface sucks.
>>
>>14723267
>newfag
>>
Free Form Jazz
>>
File: 4199.jpg (306KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
4199.jpg
306KB, 960x1280px
>>14723266
The full armor gundam from thunderbolt is such trash, and doesn't even try to match the setting details to boot.

Its basically a terrible Seed/Destiny unit.
>>
>>14723295
Couldn't disagree more. The whole Thunderbolt vision of UC looks like this, how doesn't it match the details?
>>
>>14723304
The problem is nothing about it meshes with the setting, the thunderbolt itself has the firepower of any three sidestory gundams while having none of the downsides of the actual full armor design. Pretty much fanfic-tier even by usual UC sidestory standards.

And it only gets worse when the Buddhist monk empire arrives when the writer introduces his even more bullshit Atlas Gundam which is just his own donut steel unit with a gundam face slapped on.

Everything about the thunderbolt manga is just his crappy original story with a thin veneer of the Universal Century slapped over it for marketing purposes.
>>
>>14723315
I agree that Thunderbolt is pretty fanfictiony, but I truly think the artist is pretty good and there was some nice mobile suit design going on.

Though of course Thunderbolt>Atlas in terms of design.
>>
>>14723315
>Buddhist monk empire
WHAT
>>
File: GYczoNk.png (680KB, 494x946px) Image search: [Google]
GYczoNk.png
680KB, 494x946px
>>14723349
>>
>>14723360
No one should read the thunderbolt manga.
>>
>>14723383
stop this meme!
>>
>>14723315
I see Thunderbolt's FAG as a logically scaled down version of 0083's Dendrobium Orchid. The idea that a heavily armored, heavily armed weapons platform in space might simply need more boosters+fuel is not the craziest idea in the world.

And yeah at the end of the day it's hard to swallow, when we have our little head canons, that there were other Gundams running around when Amuro was. People had a hard time swallowing 08th, heck they have a hard time with 0083's tech. It's your call but I've enjoyed Thunderbolt enough to give it that suspension of disbelief that "well this was just one isolated part of a huge ass story." Although TB is in part a big retcon, and thus ultimately a "fanfic" too.

As for Atlas, it isn't aesthetically my favorite design but I have to give the artist credit for having the balls to mix Zeon undersea MS design with a Gundam, and for devoting the amount of time to aquatic combat they already have.

Thunderbolt is definitely a fanfic in the manga now, in the sense that it doesn't exist to answer longstanding questions about the details of the OYW or end longstanding debates that autists have in these threads. In that sense it's a fanfic, yes, but it's a good one. I have been really enjoying it and the way he plays with the universe, even as he changes it.
>>
File: 78-7.jpg (277KB, 1104x797px) Image search: [Google]
78-7.jpg
277KB, 1104x797px
>>14723452
people are dumbfucks, they see the bulky machines of 0083, MSV and whatever and complain that it's impossible for them to be that high performance just four years earlier compared to zeta

fuck that, it's more impossible for zeta era units to be that sleek and compact just four years later

what the fuck is wrong with someone that they think "GP01fb can't be faster than zeta even if it has giant rockets that the zeta doesn't have"?
>>
>>14723473
Why can't you type properly?
>>
>>14723452
He doesn't play with the universe, he scraps it and just inserts his own unrelated work.
>>
>>14723242
>cant delete the thread because it's too old

Shit, forgot about the timelimit. Thought it was longer.
>>
>>14723315
>And it only gets worse when the Buddhist monk empire arrives

Given that 99.9% of the Earth Federation's internal politics is unknown to us beyond a vague idea that 'there are elites', I think there's plenty of room to hide a Buddhist monk empire in the Gundam setting.
>>
Man, this ONA was horrible.
>>
>>14727384
Seems you have failed to acquire a taste for free-form jazz.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.