[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /m/ think of the Freedom and was going from Freedom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

File: Freedom.Gundam.full.1597134.jpg (214KB, 1000x836px) Image search: [Google]
Freedom.Gundam.full.1597134.jpg
214KB, 1000x836px
What does /m/ think of the Freedom and was going from Freedom to Strike Freedom a downgrade or upgrade?
>>
>>14722714
Freedom was pretty rad. A bit too much focus on beam weapons but I like the color scheme.
Strike freedom's gold joints are offputting. They don't mix well with the rest of the design.
>>
>>14722714
In terms of design, Freedom is the far better MS.

In terms of capabilities, Strike Freedom is a definite upgrade over Freedom. That's part of the problem, they threw so many upgrades on it, it can't help but come off as an incredible wank machine.
>>
File: FIGURE-012170.jpg (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
FIGURE-012170.jpg
107KB, 600x600px
>>14722714
I only like the Metal Build Version of Strike Freedom.
>>
>>14722714
I think they're both ugly. Strike Freedom is the worst. Th Hi-Nu Gundam which they're both based on is a much better design.
>>
File: freedomkitbash.jpg (172KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
freedomkitbash.jpg
172KB, 800x1200px
>>14722714
I think both Freedom and Strike Freedom are brilliantly designed suits, even considering the silly wing size (though Strike Freedom could use with a color palatte change.)

The issue is they were used in a shit show with bad battle choreography piloted by a boring protagonist against mostly incompetent grunts.
>>
>>14722870
Yoooooo that kitbash looks sexy as hell
>>
>>14722870
The version you posted is good, but otherwise both those designs are pretty shit, as someone going for a mechanical designer degree i could brake it down, but i really don't have to.
>>
What if they dropped the red from its color scheme and focused on white, blue and black with touches of yellow?
>>
>>14722908
Drop the gold instead and it's beautiful.
>>
>>14722907
Can you tell what the other parts that were added to it ive never seen those wings before at least i dont think i ever have
>>
Freedom is sexy. Just wish it was animated more using melee.
>>
File: CImRAkuUMAAQ6cj.jpg (79KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
CImRAkuUMAAQ6cj.jpg
79KB, 600x900px
>>14722714
The Freedom is a good suit. I really like it.

The Strike Freedom is a mess, but it becomes acceptable without the yellow joints. Even Okawara hated that and his personal version has a better color scheme.

Freedom is still superior.
>>
>>14722850
It seems almost a further upgrade of the SF.
>>
>>14722714
Freedom is just ok. Strike Freedom is worst.

Artistically speaking:
PROs: wings and black/blue theme.
CONs: absence of yellow/green parts, too many red details, gold parts are terrible, waist/upper cannons are comical.

Technically speaking:
PROs: wings are nice, arm beam shields are neat, nuclear energy is useful.
CONs: exaggerated beam weaponry. No missiles, ballistic, physical shit or gimmicks. Just lasers. Funnels/dragoons are insanely overkill.

In the end, Impulse and even Destiny has more variety than it.
>>
I like the Freedom a little more but I think the Strike Freedom is a great looking design too. I understand that the gold is a little too garish for some but I think it looks neat.
>>
>>14722983
>No missiles, ballistic, physical shit or gimmicks. Just lasers.
They both have railguns
>>
File: 51453234.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
51453234.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>14722988
They changed it badly during the remasters. Originally, were just lasers. Even with "railguns" (which still look like yellow lasers), it's a suit with terrible weapons balance...
>>
>>14723003
come on, everyone knows Destiny is the one with terrible weapon balance.
>>
File: 5342535.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
5342535.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>14723055
I disagree.

Destiny is also another suit with problems about weapons: all of them are lasers too. However, the use of them are better: Arondight is better than sabers, the sabers can be used as boomerangs/knives and you can even punch seriously with palm beam cannons... All of them are lasers, but used in different ways.

Freedom/Strike Freedom got what? 1/2 red lasers, 2 yellow lasers and 2/9 green lasers. In the end, it's just.... lasers (with different colors). It' dumb.

Destiny is a bad example, but Freedom/Strike Freedom is worst. No doubt about it.
>>
I think the freedom is alright. The hip guns would be better if they weren't actually attached to the hip but rather a backpack or something like the F91 and Build Strike, or were otherwise able to move around independently of the hips.
>>
>>14723204
the Destiny had a LOT of problems with its loadout.

the Destiny has a LOT of redundant weapons (Rifle/Palma Fiocina, Sabers+Boomerangs/Arondight, Physical/Beam Shield), the weapons were EXCLUSIVELY hand-held, the Arondight a two-hander, and the Wings are such an energy-hog that even Nuclear energy doesn't compensate (The strike freedom has the same wings, yet can spam beams forever. WHY?)

the Arondight is actually WORSE than the Excalibur since the Excalibur was designed to be weilded in reverse as a solid-sword, or front-ways as a Beam sword...with the beam wrapping around the tip. also it doesn't have that weird blunt part just before the beam emitter that by all means should get stuck in something....unlike the Arondight.

nevermind Shinn being a bad pilot and misusing the Palma Fiocina, why was the destiny necessary when they could have replaced the core-splendor with a Core-Block with a Nuclear Reactor, gave the impulse the Destiny Pack, and changed the D-Impulse's hands to have the Palma Fiocina?

hell, Why bother with the Zakus when with two Core Blocks, the Minerva could have had Three Impulse Gundams and 2 Zakus at any given time!
>>
>>14723003

They always had railguns. They were just too lazy to bother animating them as anything other than yellow beams.

But they still reacted like projectile weapons did (bypassing Frobidden's beam deflector and hitting things underwater and so forth) regardless of how they were drawn.
>>
>>14723240
>also it doesn't have that weird blunt part just before the beam emitter that by all means should get stuck in something....unlike the Arondight.
I've heard this before and it never makes sense to me. That bit isn't going to get stuck on anything. Beam blades don't cut, they vaporize. It's a column of plasma, anything that gets near it is going to be damaged even if it doesn't get completely disintegrated. The material the blade passes through is going to be so weakened that there's not going to be any resistance to pulling it out.
>>
Freedom is awesome. Strike Freedom slightly ups the firepower while adding the ability to fire from multiple angles and is technically a better suit spec-wise but doesn't look quite as good as the Freedom. I like it less, though the stats say it's a better suit.
>>
>>14723213
I absolutely agree.
I did like how the Strike Freedom's guns could rotate back while folded to form a rear skirt though.
>>
I like the Strike Freedom better personally. Umm, how should I put this?

Okay, for starters the Wings. I like them better than the Freedom's since I like bits/DRAGOONS/Funnels, those kinds of weapons. It always kinda bugs me with the Freedom how when the wings open up the cannons are visible from the back. Not to mention how much a pain in the ass they are to position with the Freedom's enormous V-Fin.

Love the double-weilding, but it always seems kinda stupid how they plugged each other to make a more powerful gun. But that's just me.

I would like the gold more if it was something like the machine over-clocking itself or something. Otherwise, it's decent. Love how blue and gold look together.

I don't like the belly cannon. It seems to go against Kira's style as it's not a precision weapon.. Like the smaller railguns though.

My biggest problem with the Strike Freedom though is not it's design. It's how the show tries to make it seem like it's TEH GRATEST MOBILE SUIT EVAR!!! It's like telling a kid something is cool and rad, and instead you make it look lame. That and I think Kira needs a smack.
>>
>>14723713
>I would like the gold more if it was something like the machine over-clocking itself or something.
it does
>>
I love and adore the Freedom.
I think that it's a perfect design, and it helps that I have a thing for wings.

And I do think the S. Freedom was a downgrade, in all fronts.
>>
If you ignore the gold joints, I feel like if you just compare the machines the SF is an overall improvement over the Freedom. The shoulders look nicer, the armor is thicker in nice looking ways, and the ability to move the waist cannons to the back is cool. And conceptually, turning the wings into funnel racks was a nice idea.

The big problem, though, is the weapons. There's really no way around it, the SF's loadout looks like complete shit. The sideskirt cannons are stubby and bland, the beam rifles are boring and gimmicky, the waist cannon is pretty much just a slot on the chest, and the DRAGOONs are the ugliest fucking things. If you compare the Freedom's and the Strike Freedom's Full Bursts, the Freedom's looks miles better because its loadout actually looks cool.

Metal Build SF did a lot to make the beam rifles, DRAGOONs, and the waist cannon look better, but even it couldn't fix how fucking awful the side skirt cannons look. They only ever look good as rear skirt armor.
>>
>>14722714
I find both to be generic and boring to me, even for main Gundams. I don't like either of them, but the Strike Freedom is more memorable because of the golden inner frame.
>>
>>14723240
>nevermind Shinn being a bad pilot and misusing the Palma Fiocina, why was the destiny necessary when they could have replaced the core-splendor with a Core-Block with a Nuclear Reactor, gave the impulse the Destiny Pack, and changed the D-Impulse's hands to have the Palma Fiocina?

A new mobile suit is easier to sell than just another back pack and a couple new hands.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.