[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

it's worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 11153.jpg (49KB, 225x341px) Image search: [Google]
11153.jpg
49KB, 225x341px
so, i have finished watching 0079 recently and honestly didn't enjoy it very much, but since i'm trying to go through al the UC series, i would like to know if zeta is worth watching for someone who didn't like 0079.
>>
>>>>14718614
I liked it much more than MSG, the only major problems I have are with the pacing of the last few episodes and the overall treatment of characters.
>>
>>14718614
I liked it. Some people like Zeta, some people don't. I heavily suggest just giving it a try and forming your own opinion.
Because Zeta threads always attract shitflinging.
>>
>>14718614
Zeta is pretty shit compare to 0079. In fact, if you disliked 0079, there's not much you'll like in the franchise.
>>
Zeta is really flawed when compared to 0079, and ZZ is even more-so.

But don't be a pussy go watch a couple episodes and see if you can get into it, if not, try 0080.
>>
>>14718652
hum, i dont know about that, i already watched thunderbolt and 08th ms team and enjoyed both, the thing with 0079 its that its too much episodes for a show that is very repetitive, i mean the first 30 ep are always: zeon attack white base, fails, next ep they have a new ms that doesn't even scratch the gundam, and its the same again and again, the last episodes were kinda cool, but at that point i was already very bored and disappointed with the show
>>
>>14718629
yeah, one of the thing that i less liked about 0079 among other thing were the characters, i didn't think most of the principal crew for example were charismatic enough to make me care about them
>>
>>14718694
You'll find that that sort of formula applies to most full-length gundam series. And in many /m/ shows in general.
Zeta also does this, so you might want to consider watching the movies instead. I personally prefer the TV series, but they cut out a lot of filler, albeit at the cost of having some pacing issues.
>>
>>14718694
Zeta Gundam is basically the same formula but with a little more plot twists, modern (for the time) character designs, better animation and cooler MS designs and in my opinion better music.

If you really want, you could watch the compilation movie trilogy, A New Translation. It leaves out some rather important plot points and character development, though.
>>
>>14718704

But I like 0079's cheesy and groovy 70s music more.
>>
>>14718710
That's why I said 'in my opinion.' 0079 has some great scores but Zeta has more consistently cool OST that I feel suits the tone more, also kinda set the standard for most mecha anime music, what with the unique, combined use of the brass and synth.
>>
>>14718614
>>14718694
A lot of people don't like Zeta because of its subtlety. Character's actions aren't always explained and instead left up to inference, there are long periods where the plot appears to not progress because the show is more focused on character-development, and it has a very complicated story with many relationships intertwining.

It really is a thinker's anime. It still has its melodrama and larger-than-life moments, but it requires the watcher to do a lot of work.

And if you like 08th MS Team and don't like 0079 I'm not entirely sure if you will like this series.
>>
File: k-k-k-amille go.jpg (221KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
k-k-k-amille go.jpg
221KB, 960x720px
>>14719480
>A lot of people don't like Zeta because of its subtlety. Character's actions aren't always explained
what? most the time the character motives are painted in bright neon colored letters all over the screen.
>>
File: 1471044431118.png (136KB, 1120x977px)
1471044431118.png
136KB, 1120x977px
>>14719480
Is this satire or are Zetafags really this delusional?
>>
>>14719489
>>14719500
It's true though. Whenever I read negative reviews of Zeta it's because people have greatly misunderstood a lot of the character motivations, plot points, themes, and even meanings of individual lines spoken by certain characters. I'm supposing you two might've not fully grasped it.
>>
Zeta was a bad deal.

Following up WW2, Tomino should have went on with a Cold War-esque setting, but instead Tomino went on making the Titans, a bunch of earth supremacist fascists (who somehow got in touch with plenty of Zeon sympathizers) and let the AEUG defeating them instead.

His "the feddies might be bad" revisionism paved way for actual Zeon sympathizers of the future.
>>
File: I'm out of here.jpg (64KB, 640x480px)
I'm out of here.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>14719603
>I'm supposing you two might've not fully grasped it.
Zeta was hardly a complicated sophisticated plot. tip your fedora somewhere else.
>>
File: canvas.png (9KB, 400x300px)
canvas.png
9KB, 400x300px
>>14718614
I'd say it's worth watching. It's important to the CharxAmuro dynamic that would come to a head later even though the show isn't really about them.
>>
>>14718614
You shouldve watched the incredible 0079 movies, or read Origin. Instead, you listened to dumbass misguided weebs on /m/ and watched a whole series of bad animation, bad pacing, and Tomino playing tug of war with Sunrise corporate.
Yes Zeta is better, watch it
>>
>>14719624
>"the feddies might be bad" revisionism
So did you sleep through the parts where the old men in MSG talked about being forced off of earth? The bit where an EF General was killing off his own troops? The ESFS using a ship full of involuntary civilian draftees as a decoy to keep Zeon off their own asses? The troops stealing fruit from old women and getting falling-down-drunk in other people's houses?
>>
File: 1351814560002.jpg (44KB, 641x480px) Image search: [Google]
1351814560002.jpg
44KB, 641x480px
>>14719480
>It really is a thinker's anime.
>>
Why is there hate for Zeta now? When I browsed here two years ago the hivemind was pretty adamant about Zeta being the best UC series. Did you guys get invaded by /v/ contrarians or something?
>>
>>14718614
Zeta is a lot more engaging and you seem to care more about the characters and their motivations. The fights are better choreographed, and although sometimes you can find yourself getting bored, Gundam has been more about the character drama since Zeta, generally. The animation is also great, especially for the time, which is a big change from the rubber joints that were in 0079.

All in all, you might not enjoy Zeta, but it's still a big part of what makes Gundam what it is.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.