[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so is the psycho reuse system confirmed not worth it even if

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: RIMG016232.jpg (122KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
RIMG016232.jpg
122KB, 600x450px
so is the psycho reuse system confirmed not worth it even if they are hyping it in the manga. a new type equipped with it was barely able to beat the FA-78, and he took a hit in his ability to use a normal mg, as displayed when almost jobbing to a gm. would it work better in a different zeon suit, or whatever the angry buddists are able to build?
>>
>>14718550
We don't know if Darryl is a newtype. All we know is that he's a decent Sniper. Also he spent a lot of time testing the Psycho Zaku before entering combat.

>he took a hit in his ability to use a normal mg

The Gelgoog he used at the end had normal controls like joysticks, which is really bad for someone whose prosthetic hands are more like simple clamps. It is very much possible that he can pilot mobile suits that are outfitted with special controls, like the regular Zaku he piloted in the beginning. The Psycho Zaku wasn't defined by it's input for disabeled limbs, but by it's control system that made it move like the pilot's body.
>>
Think of it like this. It gives old types the same speed of reaction and same level of control as a newtype using a psycommu system. And as a bonus you can use it to make existing cripples into pilots.

It let a sniper in a mildly improved zaku go toe to toe in direct combat against a full armor gundam and while dodging almost everything thrown at it score multiple hits against the gundam. And this gundam/pilot combination had been pretty much untouchable up until this point.

Its no surprise that everyone wants to get their hands on the tech. And it did this with just the initial prototype version of the system slapped onto a zaku that was then armed and rushed out in a couple days, just imagine the potential to refine it further into something that doesn't require crippling your pilots to use and then put on a better ms.
>>
>>14722635
In the manga after A Baoa Qu he goes through rehab/training to pilot regular ms using his new limbs and does some crazy piloting in a acguy. He is also heavily implied to be a newtype and his fellow zeon remnants all believe him to be one.
>>
>>14722718
>imagine the potential to refine it further into something that doesn't require crippling your pilots to use and then put on a better ms
But then the message of the story would be lost.
>>
>>14718550
>a newtype equipped with it was barely able to beat a high mobility, high armor, high firepower cutting edge Gundam after easily sinking the entire ship group that was fielding it

I would consider it pretty impressive, but my opinion is irrelevant; we know from the manga that the in-universe reaction to this event is that people consider it an extremely impressive feat. The rub is how much of that success was due to the Reuse P device vs. Daryl. The various factions in the story, including Daryl, assume that it was the Reuse P device because they don't have much reason to believe Daryl would be such a good pilot.

In the manga, you get to meet the pilot of the Psycommu Zaku, Ensign Billy Hickam. He says something that heavily hints at the idea that simply having the mind interface isn't enough; that Daryl must have actually very strong Newtype powers in order for him to perform the way he did/does. Despite the fact that Billy is a proven Newtype able to use Psycommu, all that means is that he can produce thought waves; the kind of precognition that makes Newtypes into great pilots is another thing/level entirely, and it seems like he thinks that's what makes Daryl good.

With the current manga arc having this "religious extremism" theme it would be rather fitting for the Reuse P Device that everybody is after (and I think some people are literally worshipping) to actually not be what they think it is. At this point I think it's implied that it would enhance most pilot's abilities, but not by nearly as much as we saw.

Besides that, whether or not you consider Thunderbolt "canon" it is still trying to fit semi-logically into the history. It would make sense if any kind of supposedly super gamebreaking technology was either destroyed/erased or turned out to not be so gamebreaking.
>>
>>14722718
>Its no surprise that everyone wants to get their hands on the tech. And it did this with just the initial prototype version of the system slapped onto a zaku that was then armed and rushed out in a couple days, just imagine the potential to refine it further into something that doesn't require crippling your pilots to use and then put on a better ms.
YOU COULD EVEN SLAP THE INTERFACE ONTO THE SPINES OF CHILD SOLDIERS!
So what if it has a good chance of crippling them, we'll just clone more!

>>14723167
>Besides that, whether or not you consider Thunderbolt "canon" it is still trying to fit semi-logically into the history. It would make sense if any kind of supposedly super gamebreaking technology was either destroyed/erased or turned out to not be so gamebreaking.
I dunno, didn't F91's villain use a man-machine interface for his mobile armor?
>>
>>14723192
>I dunno, didn't F91's villain use a man-machine interface for his mobile armor?
So did the protagonist. It took place 44 years later, though.
>>
>>14718550
For some reason I really love the legs of the high mobility type Zaku II
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.