[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did suits get weaker After ZZ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: MSZ-013-front.jpg (25KB, 300x427px) Image search: [Google]
MSZ-013-front.jpg
25KB, 300x427px
So I'm reading threw the wiki absentmindedly when I discover the Gundam MK V so I'm kinda curious oh neet its based off of this and then Start reading about Brave Cod, Holy crap these things are insanely overpowered...

So I'm curious I know Double Zeta isn't really liked but they the freakin mobile suits in it are insane Non New-types can use mega-particle cannons and all around attacks. Why was this tech abandoned by Unicorn era suits?

I Realize the Mass produced Zeta project didnt see more then 4 suits made but holy balls it looks like it could tango with alot of the Unicorn era suits.
>>
>>14717057
>Why was this tech abandoned by Unicorn era suits?
Not cost effective.
>>
>>14717057
I like ZZ and its MS.

But yeah, generally efforts to mass produce Gundams that weren't GMs ended in failure, if not for lack of performance then lack of efficiency.
>>
File: afterimages.jpg (382KB, 1243x686px) Image search: [Google]
afterimages.jpg
382KB, 1243x686px
I think it's less that suits got weaker and more that they simply became less specialized. A lot of the suits in Z/ZZ are one-off trump card-like suits that are incredibly resource intensive. There's a reason the MP Zeta project only made a few suits. It's just too expensive to invest into a few ridiculously high-spec suits when you can effectively mass-produce a new Jegan-type and get the same results with less money.

As time went on and we get into the F91 era, mobile suit production has largely moved toward creating smaller, high speed, high spec suits that can be produced without nearly the same investment as a Zeta-type. It's why the Crossbone Vanguard was able to wreck so much shit: their suits were faster than what the Federation had. The Gundam F91 was so good not because it had a giant cannon like the ZZ, but because it was so fast and maneuverable (and had two smaller particle cannons) that it was able to match and beat its opponents.

Forgive me, but I haven't watched Victory yet, so I can't tell if this trend continued.
I also get the feeling I'm talking out me ass here
>>
>>14717088
I was under the impression the Loto wasn't that good of a MS didn't it follow the same principles Smaller MS? Why did it suddenly only catch on much later
>>
>>14717088
>Forgive me, but I haven't watched Victory yet, so I can't tell if this trend continued.

Yes they got faster, particle weapons concepts stayed roughly the same (though probably not in power), application of Minovsky Craft/shaping technology skyrocketed though.
>>
>>14717088
Yeah it continued. Victory era MS kept up the precedent of the CV, being smaller in general but higher in output.

Also >>14717099

>>14717095
The Loto is more like a tiny Guntank than anything like a Zolo or Zoloat. It's closer to a petite MS than a Victory era MS.
>>
Post OYW created an arms-race period mostly fueled by the Titans' oppression of the spacenoids. By Zeta and ZZ, they were simply jamming more and more armaments on a single mobile suit.

By the time CCA ends, it's peacetime and MS development stagnated and was cut back.
>>
>>14717095
>I was under the impression the Loto wasn't that good of a MS didn't it follow the same principles Smaller MS?

Only to an extent that allowed it to fulfill its roles as a entry vehicle for SF infantry troops and fire support for said troops, I believe.

No doubt it can out-shoot even CCA-era MS but you probably don't want to throw them into general combat conditions alongside Jegans regardless, I doubt they're fast/maneuverable enough to keep up with constantly-changing battle conditions that may or may not let them stay shooty.
>>
>>14717057
It depends on whether or not you count the suits found in Hathaway's Flash. The RX-105 Ξ Gundam is 28 meters and the RX-104FF Penelope is over 32 meters. The Full Armor ZZ Gundam is around 23 meters. You have to remember that once Zeon is gone, there is mostly peace in the earthsphere, and the need for huge suits get diminished over time. Then as F91 approaches, the EF starts to move on from larger suits like the Jegan to lighter suits like the Heavy Gun and the Jamesgun because they wanted lighter and cheaper mobile suits which could be adapted to fit multiple roles. This lead to them creating SNRI and launching the Formula Project which would lead to the F90 and its variants. Ultimately leading to the F91.
>>
>>14717088
It also helped that the F91's VSBRs trumped over one of the primary defenses employed around that era, beam shields. And I don't recall if Seabook ever actually used it, but his F91 did come with a beam bazooka in case he needed to deliver a heavier punch.
>>
>>14717150

It's seen in use during the fight against Iron Mask.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt0JfF-zuLg
>>
File: f91.jpg (265KB, 666x900px) Image search: [Google]
f91.jpg
265KB, 666x900px
>tfw my analysis of fictional mobile suit design trends wasn't total shit
i only got around to watching F91 today.

I know it's off-topic but I need to gush about Seabook and the way he fights in the F91. The maneuvers he pulls are just the best shit, like in his first sortie where he cuts the engines and tilts the F91 back to kill those two vanguard pilots. It really exemplifies the design philosophy of that era I suppose, with more focus on being fast enough to evade damage instead of just piling more and more armor onto a suit.

It makes me more mad that F91 was only a movie instead of a full series.

>>14717150
He uses the bazooka to blow up Cecily's mobile suit when he's fighting Darth Vader
>>
>>14717166
Rewatching this, I forgot how good the Rafflesia looks and fights. I fucking love it.
>>
>>14717177
It some ways it's probably better that it never got made into a series. The amount of fighting that was going on would probably not have been good for a potential series. Even though the movie isn't perfect, it is beautifully animated, and gives a glimmer of hope of what might have been.
>>
>>14717095
The Loto isn't made for direct combat, it's an APC fitted with fire support weapons. It also at the low end of the performance scale. Once they actually start building performance-minded MS in the smaller sizes, they begin to show how superior they are in agility and dogfighting compared to larger suits.
>>
File: raf1.jpg (80KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
raf1.jpg
80KB, 600x400px
>>14717194
I just found out that the Rafflesia is a type of flower. Its design makes so much more sense right now to me.
>>
>>14717088
That's actually pretty spot on.
>>
>>14717305

Not just any flower, the biggest flower
>>
>>14717358
Additionally, it's one of the two plants with the title "corpse flower" due to its stench like rotting flesh, and it grows as a parasite of on a tropical genus of grapevines. They have no leaves, no stems, no roots, and cannot undergo photosynthesis.
>>
File: Turn_A_Gundam.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Turn_A_Gundam.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>14717057
Oh, they start making powerful suits again.

Eventually.
>>
Motherfucking Wings of Light.
>>
File: Rafflesia.jpg (429KB, 493x750px) Image search: [Google]
Rafflesia.jpg
429KB, 493x750px
>>14717358
I guess I should have elaborated more. When I said how it design made sense to me. I saw pictures of it next people and noticed how huge it was, and then I saw other pictures of dead things inside one.
>>
>>14717177
Well, if the other threads are to go by, Gundam Unicorn's twitter is asking a poll on what UC story we'd like to see next, leader in poll is Crossbone. I hope this means other Post-UC materials get just as good treatment.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.