[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getter Robo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (207KB, 900x505px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 900x505px
I got into the series through hearing what shows derived from it.
From what I understand, Arc finished prematurely, author died a decade ago and no new works since Darkness was released outside SRW. Though I've only gotten as far as starting Hein and the what-ifs, but I completely enjoyed reading through the Ishikawa series and sort of saddened of what happened to him.

So what's your favourite series? Mine was honestly G or Go.
>>
>>14716161
>no new works since Darkness
Devilman vs Getter Robo
Mao Dante vs Getter Robo Go

Getter Robo Devolution (Ongoing)
>>
Also, Dino Getter
>>
File: 1357182162332.jpg (67KB, 353x750px) Image search: [Google]
1357182162332.jpg
67KB, 353x750px
Go was the best
>>
>>14716202
Yeah but the first two are just crossovers except for Devolution.
>>
File: CedW2_4W8AAuIHj.jpg (55KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CedW2_4W8AAuIHj.jpg
55KB, 640x480px
>>14716303
>>14716249

Also Robot Girls Z.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qne4mIegPGM
>>
>>14716161
It was actually pretty sad that Ishikawa died while Arc was still ongoing considering that Arc was the turning point of his career.

Also for favorite:
Original, Go, Shin, and Arc.
G was alright but it was pretty stale at the most of the time except for the finale which was the best part of G.
>>
File: 1441927196008.jpg (225KB, 750x900px) Image search: [Google]
1441927196008.jpg
225KB, 750x900px
>>14716161
Shin and Go are GOAT
>>
>>14716319
>It was actually pretty sad that Ishikawa died while Arc was still ongoing
Arc wasn't ongoing when he died.

The magazine it was running in (super robots magazine) got cancelled. He had plans to resume it, and he created a few extra pages detailing future events.

But then he died before he could find a new magazine to run it in.
>>
File: 1205898.jpg (131KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
1205898.jpg
131KB, 500x550px
>>14716161
I'd say my favorite is Shin. I would say Arc, but it was cut a little too early. Given the final pages, it would have been another top contender.
It's a real shame, too. It seems that Ishikawa always used the first half of the series to set things up before it unraveled into insanity. Arc was basically at the halfway point of its story and things were about to explode. It's actually pretty damn sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (141KB, 742x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141KB, 742x409px
>>14716397
>Finally,Getter Dragon!
>ends
Such a shame. With crusading with Getters and the fact that Getter G returns to the plot after being removed like that sucked.
>>14716293
I liked the Alaska arc somewhat than the Shin arc. Shin getter reveal is superior, yet I sort of liked the Go pilots dynamic with the other robot pilots though I enjoyed the insanity that was Shin Getter.
>>
It's kinda interesting how what started out as a goofy yet violent super robot story slowly turned into a cosmic horror. Alas, we'll never know the real ending of the original universe... Rest in peace, Ken Ishikawa.
>>
>>14716538
Nah, man, Getter was rebooted in the 90s, and I think the kind of style of popular anime in the 90s was present in all the 90s Getter stuff. It's not all that strange.

The popular stuff today is mostly incompatible with Getter as we know it, though, so that may be why we haven't seen anything from Getter in quite a long time.
>>
I started with Armageddon then marathoned the manga. It's easily one of my favorite series and I adored Armageddon. For the OVAs left over, what order do you guys recommend going?

Also theory time: I'm pretty sure Ryoma is the main consciousness in control of Getter Emperor 1. I think Hayato Jin was gonna rejoin the Getter team after Kamui's coup, being the lead pilot for Arc. Dragon would rise with Benkei as the main consciousness. Arc and Dragon would go into Getter meltdown, becoming Emperor 2 and 3 respectively. Shin Getter would return and become the Emperor 1 and Getter Emperor would have formed.
>>
>>14716921
Shin vs Neo and New are both decent enough, no real need to worry about order.

Also, I think Hayato was getting too old for that shit
>>
>>14716921
I don't think that Arc could go on a Getter meltdown considering that it's the most stable Getter machine of all time where it can stop the Getter from taking over.
>>
Unpopular opinion: the nonending of Arc made it better, especially when we know whats going to happen anyway, aside from what happens to Hayato specifically pretty much nothing was left unanswered. Getter has the coolest final panel ever because it leaves it just open ended enough but not enough so to be frustrating
>>
>>14716161

Kamui was right because Emperor (aka getter evolution) was the wrong choice for anyone: Emperor wants to erase every single life form existing except (maybe) humans.
Emperor is a god/demon: does this sound familiar?
That's all Ishikawa wanted to ask in the end and Ryoma's son could have been the main key/answer for the story.
Actually it's nothing new if you already read Getter Robo Go and Shin getter; except that arc was going better to the point.

Anyway Getter Robo Hien is a prequel to Arc and initially was drawn on Ishikawa's ideas (it's told even some papers).
It turned out to be a bad and confusing manga, not because of Ishikawa (already dead) but because of something else (production? Tsushima's ideas?).

Getter Robo Evolution can be a good synthesis of everything if it doesn't switch to where Shin Mazinger Zero landed...

But, in the end, New Getter Robo tells you everything you want to know about Getter.
>>
>>14716746
>Nah, man, Getter was rebooted in the 90s, and I think the kind of style of popular anime in the 90s was present in all the 90s Getter stuff. It's not all that strange.
Completely wrong. Getter Robo Go included elements of Ken Ishikawa's 80s sci-fi manga, such as Miroku. That's why La Geaus and Emperor are so similar.

>>14716921
>Dragon would rise with Benkei as the main consciousness. Arc and Dragon would go into Getter meltdown, becoming Emperor 2 and 3 respectively. Shin Getter would return and become the Emperor 1 and Getter Emperor would have formed.
I don't think so. Given what had been shown of the future, it's safe to assume that Getter Saint Dragon is the result of Shin Dragon flooding Earth with Getter energy to destroy the Dinosaurs.
>>
>>14717613
>Anyway Getter Robo Hien is a prequel to Arc and initially was drawn on Ishikawa's ideas (it's told even some papers).
No, that's simply not true.
>>
>>14717637

Of course anyone can tell what's true and what isn't.
It's so simple.
>>
>>14717649
What are you talking about? Either way, Hien is NOT based on any notes or outlines by Ishikawa. If you think otherwise, you're welcome to post proofs.
>>
>>14717043
I agree, but I also think that Ishikawa would've had the skill to make the actual ending absolutely fantastic if he hadn't died.
>>
>>14717613
The thing is Getter represents evolution/progress, and how truly oppressive it is. Progress is inherently a neutral thing, it's something that has to happen and ultimately is good because it means advancement but subjectively progress can be a bad thing. Getter used humanity as a Getter fueled species: one who Getter can act through, one who can withstand Getter rays better than any other species, and one that can physically manifest Getter/progress into a physical being.

Progress is for the advancement of intellect and objective improvement, but objectively it's a horrible thing to the people of the past. The dinosaur empire are people of the past who are antiquated species no longer fit to advance and had peaked in what it can become with a limited goal (take back earth) so they are enemies of progress because they have a limit. The dinosaur empire and the Andromeda empire see progress as evil because they are already on top, and progress will make humanity surpass them.

It's hard to say if Getter is evil because yes it is destructive and oppressive but it's for a reason that can be seen as quite noble. Not to mention the oppressed enemy forces are all equally selfish races who mainly don't want THEIR race to not be on top.

Was anyone truly right or wrong in their ambitions? Everyone was fighting for their beliefs and their survival, it all comes down to viewpoint.
>>
>>14717654
Maybe the proof is in Japanese but we don't have access to it? Maybe it has no internet sources?

Why would anyone write that then?
>>
>>14717851
I once saw someone trick an entire thread of people into believing Takuma was the son of Ryouma and Hayato, born unnaturally from a Getter machine because of Getter rays.
>>
Was it wrong that I never really warmed up to Benkei in the manga series until around his death chapters in Shin?
Something about him felt off, like replacement Musashi. Maybe I'm just stupid about the character.
>>14716921
I am curious on why only Musashi was cloned, why not get the other pilots chosen by getter to lead too? Unless what you wrote may be the closest thing to truth.
>>
>>14718119
Benkei just had too little focus in G. He wasn't a major focus in any single chapter. Ken Ishikawa even ignored him during the entirety of Go. Not a single reference was made to Benkei. RIP.

>I am curious on why only Musashi was cloned
It's very possible there were other clones. Musashi was the only commander the Arc team met.
>>
>>14718124
Benkei was near and dear to the team even though they liked to fuck with him. They also deeply respected him for giving his life to save the lab in Shin, Ryoma mentioned no one by name but he said in Go that the death of all his friends was why he hates Getter. And if you read Shin you saw how heart broken Ryo was after Benkei's death.

They state specifically that there are multiple general Tomoe to lead the Getter war and at the very least he's a high rank officer for one of the Emperor ships. They also state he was created from the memories held by Emperor which those memories ended on Mars. Due to Musashi being a very close friend who didn't merge with Getter, and that they state Emperor's recollection of the past stops at Mars, not to mention how it hints a very deep connection between Takuma and Emperor or the blatant stuff (they mention once Emperor's voice reminds them of Ryoma, the vision Takuma had when he returned to the present and in Armageddon which hints at a more multiverse theory while showing seemingly a main pilot to Emperor cast in shadows that resembles Ryoma) it's very like Emperor's main consciousness is Ryo and he puts the memory of the friend he trusted most as a general in his army.
>>
>>14717654

Actually I can tell you even more.
Ishikawa WAS working on arc's sequel. He couldn't go on because he passed away. With the material he left, Hien was created.
How do I know? You can trust my words or not; it isn't my problem.
I can't link my sources because they're in italian and so lost that even internet archive website can't find them.
I'm in a certain way sorry for that.
But if you know some italian and search for "getter robot naoto tsushima appunti" you can find some trustable internet websites that confirm that.
I didn't buy Hien, officially published here in Italy, but there's the possibility that in the books there's some other reference since every single japanese is translated in italian, even the full text endpages of a book.

A little extra present for you: in the past, something like more than 10 years ago, Ishikawa drew a kind of cool Jeeg. Just some sketches. One of those was later reused, simplifing the concept. Shin Jeeg was born.
>>
>>14718176
>They state specifically that there are multiple general Tomoe to lead the Getter war
I don't remember that. Clone Musashi was just assigned to that specific sector, he didn't lead the war and as far as we know he was the only Musashi leading a ship.

>at the very least he's a high rank officer for one of the Emperor ships.
What? That never happens. He controls another ship, not Emperor.

>Armageddon which hints at a more multiverse theory while showing seemingly a main pilot to Emperor cast in shadows that resembles Ryoma
Armageddon has nothing to do with the manga series.

>>14718178
Proof or GTFO.
>>
>>14718199

I already gave the proof. Then it's up to you. If italian language is a problem, well it's *your* problem and your problem can't change the truth.
>>
>>14718219
>I already gave the proof.
It's not proof. You're only repeating what Mario is saying.

Give me the actual Japanese source or you can fuck off.
>>
>>14718219
fallacy 101.

Just because a website can be trusted, doesn't mean everything that website says is factual.
>>
File: img000017.png (427KB, 1150x1750px) Image search: [Google]
img000017.png
427KB, 1150x1750px
>>14718199
Yeah you are right, I misremembered on Musashi. But he was entirely constructed from the memories from Getter Emperor for a pure human that could carry out it's will. This is more support for the theory that Getter Emperor's main consciousness being Ryoma, because who would trust Musashi compared to the other possible people tied to the Getter project or in the history of humanity? It seems Musashi was chosen because he was remembered by Getter but he never merged with it like say Go, Benkei, Saotome, or Ryoma did.

You add in the line that Emperor's memories of the past cease when "the will of Getter flew to Mars" and no one in the Shin Getter team knew Musashi except for Ryoma.
>>
>>14718281
Who says Emperor even has a main consciousness? It could just as easily be just accessing memories.
The line were Musashi says
>the first weapon sent to earth that emperor remembers was the hyakki empire, the ones who battled against Getter G
is a little vague. Does he mean that the first memories that Emperor has is Getter G's battle against the Hyakki Empire, or is he referring to the time where Brai was sent back by aliens?
During Shin Getter Robo, Professor Saotome transferred most of Getter G's energy over to Shin Getter. Are the memories of Emperor the memories of the Getter energy from G? It's impossible to tell.
>>
With the ghosts in Shin, I'm guessing gaining all that knowledge of the universe that Getter seems give upon being killed by it or assimilated, Gore and Burai put the Earth's continued existance over their dislike for Getter Rays? Or are they just mouthpieces for the will?
>>
>>14718394
I think the heightened Getter radiation can expand people's senses, like how Saotome said his thinking was so much clearer in the lab flooded with radiation. Going back to the whole Emperor-Musashi thing, Getter was showing Musashi's spirit to Ryouma even before he was assimilated. That was the time Getter G and Shin Getter were in the lab. Remember, Musashi saw Getter G shortly in the lab before his death.
>>
File: untitled.png (45KB, 109x406px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
45KB, 109x406px
>watch Armageddon Dubbed
>Ryoma's VA
I fuckin love this guy. Hell this dub is fun to watch.
>>
>>14718237

Hey mister.
Try to be smart once in your life. You don't want to trust what I wrote, so there's no need I search more sources for you. Also, even if I reported more proofs, you would find a way to say they aren't acceptable.
That's so cliché...
>>
>>14720038
No, he's right. You have no proof. If you can't use basic functions like thought, who the fuck would listen to you? Go back to Italia websites.
>>
>>14719092
I actually enjoyed Armageddon's dub more than the original sub especially Ryouma's and Hayato's. Besides the Stoner(Stone) Sunshine dub version being subpar, every part of it is just gold.
>>
>>14720451
Yeah, you can't beat whoever was that hot blooded to voice Ryoma.
>"genki became autistic" as said by Musashi
>that entire traitor line at episode 2
It honestly fits with how wacky series gets.
Always thought Hayato's voice would be a bit deeper but it's still works since he's always a menacing person.
>>
>>14720038
>You don't want to trust what I wrote
Of course I won't fucking trust you or your retarded Italian websites. If I trusted you, then I wouldn't need evidence you goddamn Mario fuck.

Are all Italians that retarded or is it just you? I mean, it's pretty fucking sad that you don't understand what primary evidence is.

>Also, even if I reported more proofs
Because all of your sources are in fucking Italian you moron.
>>
>>14718219
>Italian language is a problem
Yeah it's a problem, especially when the manga is Japanese.
>>
>>14721202

>>14721202

Wow, that's really ignorant. How angry can you get? move on, you stupid fuck. You can't disprove it isn't true, so congrats.

You really trounced him there with the definitive "maybe" you established. Such epic pwnage. Go back to 9fag where you belong, loser.
>>
>>14721312
>You can't disprove it isn't true, so congrats.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

>In 1992 during a presentation at Caltech, skeptic James Randi said "you can't prove a negative". He claims that he cannot prove a negative (such as that telepathy does not exist), but he argues that an individual who claims telepathy exists must prove it.

You should literally kill yourself right there.
>>
This thread is the reason why we tell Italians to fuck off.

They're borderline retarded.
>>
>>14721323

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question

And you should stop thinking you're right just because you think you are. You're not correct just because your opponent can't prove his claim. You just think you are.

There's a very clear distinction. And it's also very clear you get a sad validation from meaningless arguments from random people on the internet.
>>
>>14718178
I can read Italian, at least to a decent enough degree.
Considering the massive amount of literally made up misinformation about Nagai stuff on the Italian Wikipedia, im not going to believe you. Not until you post the source itself.
>>
>>14721360
>You're not correct just because your opponent can't prove his claim.
I'm not the one who said that Hien isn't based on Ishikawa's notes you retard.

I never argued for a positive. Mario on the other hand is the one who's quick to jump to conclusions because he read retarded Italian websites.
>>
File: mario.jpg (124KB, 680x545px) Image search: [Google]
mario.jpg
124KB, 680x545px
>>
Mario is not even in this thread. Just saying.
>>
I've noticed Italians always make up things that are blatantly untrue. Why is that?

It's like what >>14721369 said. There is just tons and tons of literally made up shit that Italians love to regurgitate. I don't think they understand basic logic.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.