[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ANN discusses Gurren Lagann on their podcast

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 17

>http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2016-09-09/.106290

Dare you all to listen to it all and not rage.
>>
No thanks
>>
>>14715547
>ANN
They're insufferable faggots with garbage opinions. I'll pass.
>>
>>14715547
It's been 9 years, stop getting triggered by people thinking the show is good.
>>
>>14715547
>ANN
>discussing mecha

Their Code Geass cast was filled with retardation. This is probably worse.
>>
File: 1442782985457.png (1MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1442782985457.png
1MB, 960x540px
>a character like kamina has never been done before
>>
>>14715603
Name 1
>>
>I don't think I had watched episode 4 all the way thru
That's when I couldn't listen anymore.
>>
File: tmp_12496-tAG_92870431815190.jpg (104KB, 790x593px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12496-tAG_92870431815190.jpg
104KB, 790x593px
>>14715547
The letters ANN are enough to trigger me so I'll pass.

The neoFAG of anime and Gurren Lagan are a deadly cocktail of rage.
>>
>>14715606
Daigoji Gai?
>>
IIT
Triggered elitists.
TTGL was fun
>>
File: Clarkson macca's.jpg (96KB, 720x707px) Image search: [Google]
Clarkson macca's.jpg
96KB, 720x707px
>>14715740
>Fun
>>
>>14715740

No one really cares about the show. What we care about is people talking bullshit about how it was so innovative and saying dumb shit like

>>14715603

You like TTGL? Good for you. You're a casual? That's fine everyone starts somewhere. The problem is when casuals start spreading misinformation like they're experts
>>
>>14715606
ryoma
>>
I really wish /m/ could talk about TTGL. It's an awesome super robot anime in the vein of Getter, GGG, Godannar, Shin Jeeg, Mazinkaiser, and several other great shows that get regular discussion here. All it gets is bitching about the so-called "worst fanbase" which doesn't even show up on this board, as evidenced by this thread that seeks out an ANN podcast just so anons can get mad on purpose.
>>
>>14715781
Watching the show as it was airing with /m/ was a great experience. What happened? People seriously hate the show just because is popular?
>>
>>14715788

No. For a long time after it got done airing we got SLAMMED with casuals who thought everything mecha was TTGL. That TTGL invented drills and hotblood and a huge chunk of people who wanted to be MECHA fans but not actually watch any mecha that wasn't TTGL.

someone post the Change Getter 2 youtube comment thing.
>>
>>14715788
Read >>14715750

We don't hate the show. We hate the kind of people it attracts.
>>
>>14715781
>I really wish /m/ could talk about GGG. It's an awesome Brave robot anime in the vein of J-Decker, Goldran, , Da Garn, and the several other shitty shows that get regular discussion here. All it gets is bitching about the so-called "clawshrimpy" which doesn't even show up on this board, as evidenced by this thread that seeks out twitter posts just so anons can get mad on purpose.
>>
>>14715621

> Gai

You know, while I can see certain superficial similarities, the way they are handled are actually both really different. Gai was never anything more than a comedic relief character whose death is out of nowhere and ultimately doesn't have much impact on the plot. In fact, Gai isn't even unique in his own show. Everything that Gai's death contributes is mimicked again later on when its more relevant with that Jupiter knight.

There are elements of crossover there with Kamina, but Kamina was more than just a joke, he was around for like a third of the show so you had way more time to get attached to him, and ultimately Kamina's legacy carries on until the very end.

>>14715759

Just no.
>>
>>14715803
>We don't hate the show.
Yes we do.
>>14715781
Please leave.
>>
>>14715788
babbies first super robot anime, and mecha anime

And personality I hated how people think Kamina is the manliest guy ever.
>>
>>14715781
>>14715788
>People seriously hate the show just because is popular

Every TTGL thread TTGL fags make here is an attempt to b8 /m/.

When was the last time when these faggots seriously tried to discuss the show? All TTGL fags are interested in is attention.

When you look at Gundam threads, even though they're mostly shitposting, at least people are actually discussing the show.

But for TTGL? All I see is "why do you hate ttgl?" and "ttgl is the best ever!!!!!1111one"

Don't hate /m/ when TTGL fags are too incompetent to make good legit threads about the show that's not

1. attacking /m/ for their tastes
2. making sweeping generalisations and passing opinions as facts
>>
>>14715801
>Change Getter 2 youtube comment thing
>People that watch Lucky Star associate drill robots with a very popular modern anime instead of an old franchise that's relatively unknown in the US

Wow what a shock.
>>
>>14715805
>I really wish /m/ could talk about Kuromukuro. It's an awesome shojo robot anime in the vein of Escaflowne, Magic Knight Rayearth, Gundam Wing, Dennou-gumi, Cutey honey, and several other great shows that get regular discussion here. All it gets is bitching about the so-called "kurorager" which doesn't even show up on this board, as evidenced by this thread that seeks out Yukina shitposting just so anons can get mad on purpose.
>>
>>14715805

The problem is that /m/ is

1) a small board that has a userbase of few enough people that it can easily persist a grudge and

2) /m/ likes hating things more than it likes liking things. People here are willing to use something as mundane as a change in the weather as an excuse to bring up VVV or Greco and OMG HAVE I TOLD YOU HOW MUCH I HATE THOSE SHOWS TODAY YOU GUYS? GOD I HATE THEM. THEY SUCK AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T AGREE SHOULD KILL THEIR FAMILIES AND THEN THEMSELVES. for not just months, but goddamn years after those shows have ended, because see 1.

3) Because of 2 there is a self perpetuated need for constant defense, with results in distancing elitism to justify opinions. Anons on /m/ is used to having to defend their show from shitposters, which causes them to overreact to criticism or perceived slights. TTGL is perfect example of this, because of how many people who like older /m/ shows took it as some kind of personal insult that people watched TTGL without having watched 15 other shows as research so they could cite everything that TTGL referenced directly or indirectly. As if people were not ALLOWED to enjoy TTGL unless they had a comprehensive knowledge of Getter Robo as well and bowed before their true lord and master.

Really, the only thing that keeps /m/ from devolving into a /v/-tier shitfest is that there are not enough of us to maintain their constant stream of vomit, we can only manage a steady trickle.
>>
>>14715853

I'm sure you said something, but I can't see it through the impenetrable wall of memes.
>>
>>14715844
This place was not like this. We were about guts and courage...
>>
File: hiroshi.jpg (153KB, 704x1182px) Image search: [Google]
hiroshi.jpg
153KB, 704x1182px
>>14715823
>And personality I hated how people think Kamina is the manliest guy ever.

Especially when by his own admission he's a braggart and a coward and we've had far bigger badasses that same year
>>
>>14715829
Gundam threads start with the same kind of attention-seeking shit. In the catalog right now we have:

>So what is the problem with Iron Blooded Orphans?
>Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that Gundam 0079 is the only good Gundam series?
>Gundam 00 is now accepted on /m/, what happened?
>Let's talk about how awful SEED is and how all the seedfags should die in a hole

The TTGL threads that start with those kind of OPs have discussion as well. The quality of the show dropping after the timeskip. The ending conflicting with the rest of the series. How the movies compared. The problem is obnoxious faggot posting the same repetitive shit like:

>we don't hate the show, it's the f-fanbase
>babby's first mecha
>rips off Getter
>luckystaryoutubecomments.png
>redditevangelioncomments.png
>MAL voted TTGL higher than muh LOGH!!
>>
>>14715864
God dammit anon I wasn't planning on watching Jeeg today.
>>
>>14715876
>>14715853
Take it to /pol/ people
>>
>>14715844
Or maybe people who like TTGL act like underage faggots, and refuse to engage in any sort of actual discussion? Why should /m/ accommodate them when they're not even interested in discussion (and not even of the shitposting type)? People who like TTGL are only interested in telling everyone about how it's the best anime ever, and literally nothing else.

It's not even about research and Getter Robo. TTGL fags are just insufferable little cunts. Code Geass, Love Live, Attack on Titan etc. All of these shows are more popular than TTGL and yet you don't see Geassfags ruining /m/ with their shitty b8. They even have their own thread on /m/ and keep it to themselves. Look at Symphogearfags. They contained themselves to their thread. Again, they don't make shitty b8 asking /m/ why we hate Symphogear.

TTGL fags never tried to adapt to /m/, and thus, there is no reason for /m/ to accommodate them.
>>
>>14715888
So did the insufferable little cunt TTGLfags make this thread, which is just an excuse to bitch about shit that doesn't fucking matter?
>>
>>14715894
>insufferable little cunt TTGLfags
Found one
>>
>>14715899
>>14715888
Who got your panties in a twist? Learn to chill
>>
>>14715881
The difference is that Gundamfags have settled, so they can allow themselves that kind of shitposting. TTGL fags never tried to form their community here. They tried to force /m/ to like TTGL. They were just asking to be hated.

Imagine if symphogear fags came here and made dozen of threads about why /m/ hates symphogear. /m/ would revolt on day one. Instead, symphogear fags started discussing their show without having to b8 or try to push any opinions. They just discretely made their way here without alerting anyone else.
>>
>>14715906
>literally "It's ok when we do it!"
>>
>>14715908
It read more like a "it's ok when you build it" to me.
>>
>>14715606
Gurren Lagann's Kamina is based on Sakamoto Sanshiro from 1967's Highschool Delinquents Fight Back by Ippei Genjirou.

It's a very well known manga about High School riots and, in it, the character of Sakamoto is this kid who always wears sunglasses and gets into a fight with a teacher to protect a younger classmate.

The two then team up, discuss the true benefits of education, and get into constant battles with the older elements of society who want to force them to study and do tests to determine their worth instead of actually doing anything to benefit their community while expanding their own personal futures.

Sakamoto isn't the real main character, I should point out, as the younger classmate, Makoto, was the one who ended up carrying on the torch after Sakamoto gets arrested halfway through the manga.

I wouldn't expect ANN to know about it, but I thought most people on 4chan would know about it as this website helped translate it back in 2005.
>>
>>14715908
Of course it's okay, when there are plenty of other gundamfags here.

The best analogy would be a tavern. Your friends would all go there to talk shit and make noise, but if you're some outsider like a ttgl fag, you don't have the luxury to talk shit.

the ttgl fag literally walked in the tavern, and started shouting at everyone who didn't like TTGL.
>>
>>14715914
But VF, by feigning ignorance people can shitpost
>>
>>14715919
You're the only one shouting at people here dude, a better analogy would be someone walking into a tavern to say something about TTGL, and a lone gundam fan yelling at them cause its not Gundam
>>
>>14715919
>Now "It's ok when we do it!" and "Muh sekrit klub!"
>>
>>14715908

Gundam fags will eventually move into other gundam series or series like Gundam is the key difference.

TTGL fags have seen TTGL and at most MAYBE Code Geass
>>
>>14715926
>and a lone gundam fan yelling at them cause its not Gundam
I can make a thread right now asking if tomino would look cute in a dress and get ten replies in under ten minutes. There's a flock of 30 or so that post in gundam threads as soon as they see them.
>>
>>14715927
It's not a question of whether it's ok or not. ttgl fags are the ones complaining about how /m/ is treating them badly. If you're an outsider and you talk shit, why do you expect anyone to like what you have to say?

>>14715926
You're allowed to talk about TTGL, but everytime a ttgl fag starts a thread, it's always b8 and never actual discussion.
>>
File: 1469911623533.jpg (277KB, 796x777px) Image search: [Google]
1469911623533.jpg
277KB, 796x777px
>>14715928
>TTGL fags have seen TTGL and at most MAYBE Code Geass
They have seen everything on this chart because these are the few unique mecha shows that actually focus on the characters and story. They don't bother with the children's toy commercial shows that are just about robot fights.
>>
>>14715933
We really need to switch out Aldnoah Zero with E7 or something.
>>
>>14715931
I didn't say no one here posted in Gundam threads, I said that you're just one gundam fan who's yelling at people for daring to discuss an anime you don't like while the others just continue to discuss gundam and maybe decide to discuss ttgl if they feel like it, if they don't want to, they ignore the thread, and if it bothers them, well theres a little "hide thread" option so they don't even have to see it
>>
>>14715938
That post you just replied to was my first post since >>14715805
>>
>>14715943
Regardless, the one I was talking to knows who he is
>>
>>14715938
>you're just one gundam fan who's yelling at people for daring to discuss an anime you don't like
You're so dumb you still don't get it.

TTGL fags act like faggots, and then act surprised when everyone else hates them. You're literally asking /m/ to be nicer to TTGL.

Why? No one is nice to Gundam, Mazinger, Getter, Macross. Their threads are always full of shitposting. Why does TTGL deserve special privileges, especially when TTGL fags have done nothing to make them more likeable?
>>
>>14715933

Oh you!
>>
>>14715950
Anon I've never see shitposting in any of those threads, the people that claim gundam is sexist are just having a discussion. The Spic talk in Getter threads are discussion. The people spamming robotech and anti-idol sentiments in Macross threads are discussion.
TTGL is exclusively attacked and needs special protections.
>>
>>14715950
I didn't ask you to be nicer, I said you were pathetic, like all shitposters
>>
>>14715914
Did this air before, or after X-Rounder?
>>
>>14715928
I watched TTGL AND Gundam
>>
>>14715969
Anonymous, manga doesn't air on television.

They go straight to DVD.
>>
>>14715935

Yeah. I wouldn't show AZ to anyone new to mecha, because its just bad and I don't expect it to leave a good impression of the genre. I liked the first three episodes but after that all the characters abandon their previous personalities and get new ones, and the writing starts to degrade until it enters a full nose dive.

If you want to get people into mecha who are not already showing clear interest, you should lead strong.

Maybe replace AZ with the Macross Plus movie? Pretty good, appeals well to western scifi tropes so its a nice gateway anime, requires no real pre-existing knowledge of Macross to understand, and its short.
>>
>>14715958
>TTGL is exclusively attacked and needs special protections.
ttglfags brought it on themselves.

They literally have thousand of other places where they can discuss about how ttgl is the best anime in the galaxy, so it's not like they need protection. They can just go elsewhere. That's like a homo who goes to Saudi Arabia and then asks for special protections once there. It's ridiculous.

/m/ is the only place that actually has getter and mazinger discussion in English, and that's thanks to the homegrown go nagai fanbase here. Shin Mazinger was even less liked than TTGL, and yet /m/ still talk about mazinger and getter more now.

How so? It's easy. The community thrived ton /m/ over a period of 5 years. If any small fanbase stay and act moderately here for long enough, then the board will have no other choice but to accept it.

Godzilla isn't even /m/, and neither is Kamen Rider, and yet here we are.
>>
File: ZAM.jpg (123KB, 350x448px) Image search: [Google]
ZAM.jpg
123KB, 350x448px
>>14715981
Oh, you're one of THOSE.
>>
>>14715986
one of what
>>
So is this entire thread one dude arguing with himself
>>
>all this shit about gurren lagann fans
>have yet to even see on on this thread
>>
>>14715989

While the rest of us provide commentary, yes.

Its a common shitposting technique, you provide the setup and if no one takes the bait you pretend to take the bait yourself to get the ball rolling and hope someone else joins in.
>>
I mostly like TTGL for it's music, as that's the only part I'll allow myself to revisit.
Watching it again would cheapen the first time, and I don't want that.
>>
>>14715981
I was being sarcastic.
>>
>>14715989
you just described /m/
>>
>>14715988
spics, the go-to insult for anyone caring about Getter
>>
File: image.gif (33KB, 350x270px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
33KB, 350x270px
>>14716025
Of course
>>
>>14715998
already seen several
>>
>>14716029
what are you talking about?
>>
>>14716010
You never know with TTGL fags.

>>14716029
You mean anyone who hate Getter is a spic.
>>
>>14716045

Honestly, I don't think anyone even knows what the insult is supposed to mean anymore. It just gets regurgitated at anyone who posts in the same thread as a getter discussion, regardless of what side of the discussion you are on.
>>
>>14716036
Where? All I see is faggots afraid of the boogy/m/an.
>>
>>14716050
>It just gets regurgitated at anyone who posts in the same thread as a getter discussion
The spics only tried to confuse everyone.

Spic is meant for anyone who doesn't like any recent dynamic pro work. It started with Shin Mazinger and ended up with Getter.

The entire point is that spics only like Toei shit, and nothing newer.
>>
>>14716052
when you complain about /m/ not liking TTGL, then you already admit to being a TTGL fag.
>>
>>14715547
>ANN

Nah
>>
>>14716050
i like getter and i fucking hate spics

i'm voting for trump in november so we can have the glorious wall he promised

i seriously fucking hate spics to death, i wished them dead
>>
>>14715547
TTGL is literally just homage to a shit load of other shows that came before it
>>
>>14715876
>because that nation is #1 in practically every economic or power metric, dumbshit.
hahahaha really?

you got cucked by jews a long time ago. your people are poor and enjoy a lower standards of living than those found living in asia and europe.

>nigger president
>now soon to be feminist president
>sjw trannies
>dude weed lmao
>muh guns!
>jesus is american guys!

what good is america for?

absolutely nothing
>>
>>14715914
Do you have a MU link or something like that?
I searched on goddess, MU and MAL and I couldn't find that manga at all. I even have the old MT backup saved on my computer and it's not there either.
>>
>>14716133
>ttglfag
>>
You know how super annoying One Punch Man fags get these days?

TTGL was like that but worse
>>
Takes a lot of autism to not be able to seperate an anime from its fanbase. TTGL was fucking amazing as both a love letter to mecha and an experience in its own right.
>>
Okay since Getter Robot is sooo much fucking better than TTGL, tell me where to start on it.
>>
File: mangaupdates mangaka.png (15KB, 313x316px) Image search: [Google]
mangaupdates mangaka.png
15KB, 313x316px
>>14716138
How?
Have you even tried searching for it? The title doesn't work and neither does searching for the author (pic related).
>>
File: Ah.png (58KB, 187x186px) Image search: [Google]
Ah.png
58KB, 187x186px
>>14716153
Read the manga, then watch the OVAs.

The manga order is Original --> G --> Go -->Shin -->Arc

Have fun.
>>
>>14716153
are you a spic or not?
>>
>>14716166
you're a ttglfag.

see what i talked about in this thread. you fags don't know anything /m/ and annoying tripfags like vf post fake shit and you still gobble it up
>>
>>14715805
>talking shit about Might Gaine

The other Brave shows are at least fun.
>>
>>14716215
Sorry, I should just lurk more.
I came to /m/ because I liked the Getter Saga manga, I'm not a big fan of TTGL
>>
>>14715933
08th MS Team is babby's first gundam, not babby's only gundam. Escaflowne would be a better fit on that chart.
>>
>>14716281
vf also posted fake shit about gundam age was originally a cancelled mecha anime project that was called x rounder.
>>
>>14716297
Actually if you're going to put a Gundam show on there at all it should either be Wing for nostalgia's sake or 00 for a similar production phase and audience.
>>
>>14716139
Honestly never hated TTGL fags, at least they had good porn
>>
>>14715981
I'm screencapping this post so I can show it whenever anyone tries to say /m/ is different from /a/.
>>
>>14716330
>at least they had good porn

Remember when people used to like characters based on their actual character and not how much porn the series gets
>>
>>14716416
No.
>>
>>14716433

yeah I thought as much
>>
>>14715933
>They have seen everything on this chart because these are the few unique mecha shows that actually focus on the characters and story. They don't bother with the children's toy commercial shows that are just about robot fights.

Aka. I haven't even bothered to watch something else that isn't on that chart. Get out of here. /m/ is clearly not for you.
>>
>>14715860
Nah we were about shitposting over toku but at least it wasn't the age of rage that's been ushered in by Unicorn.
>>
File: ttgl.jpg (851KB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
ttgl.jpg
851KB, 2016x1512px
>>14715547
I've decided to enjoy TTGL for what it is, even if others dislike it or like it more than I think they should
>>
>>14715958
What the hell kind of mental gymnastics are you pulling to justify your persecution complex. how is a bunch of people calling each other Pedro or Mario considered discussion?
>>
>>14716711

Why can no one get sarcasm anymore
>>
>>14716215
>implying that getting ruse cruised by VF isn't a cornerstone of the /m/ experience
pls
>>
>>14716133
>Trusting the Old Arab.

You fool.
>>
>>14716002
Yeah its what ruined /a/ and /v/ and I wish moderation would end it by making site wide IDs a thing
>>
>>14715788

TTGL is the Naruto of mecha. Fun show but ignited cancer.
>>
>>14716082
Well I think that all of /m/ can at least find common ground on ANN.

Hate or like Gurren, ANN is terrible.

How did ANN get so big? Who allowed this? Why does ANN exist?
>>
>>14717470
Casuals
>>
Didn't ANN lauded fucking BF Try as some kind of progressive mecha anime that had good female characters and respected them? I think the show overall got very positive reviews there.
What the flying fuck
>>
File: Keroro Robo.png (512KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Keroro Robo.png
512KB, 640x480px
With these threads popping up from time to time, I've been thinking about Gurren Lagann. It almost seems like sometimes the pacing and the action is comparable to comedy, does anyone else think so? There doesn't seem to be much love for the mecha either, but that also seems like something that could be attributed to comedy style directing. And the first episode is actually really good compared to some mecha series, but the series just loses impact with the entirely too fast power creep. Still, there's a few cool looking mecha in the series and that's pretty cool, so it's not all bad.
>>
File: tmp_5981-g7i2vy9433811020.jpg (63KB, 625x475px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_5981-g7i2vy9433811020.jpg
63KB, 625x475px
>>14717477
The horror. ...
>>
>>14717480
American anime journalism is worse than vidya journalism. Just a bunch of bloggers pretending to be journalists who throw out word salad "reviews" to try and intellectually intimidate readers into not watching things they don't like.
>>
File: Gainax fans.png (24KB, 802x263px) Image search: [Google]
Gainax fans.png
24KB, 802x263px
This is the easiest summary to see what the problem is.
>>
>>14717798
I love Giamax. Tachyon 3 and 4 were the best Yes music videos.
>>
>>14717798
They probably never saw Nadia, Gunbuster, Honneamise, Otaku no Video, or Daicon. They aren't Gainax fans, just casuals.

They're like that person who listens to a couple of songs by a band, and tries to pass themselves off as experts and fans of said band.
>>
File: 1452712128343.jpg (395KB, 1168x953px) Image search: [Google]
1452712128343.jpg
395KB, 1168x953px
>>14717808
on the subject of less-known Gainax stuff
did the parts of that Love Gainax Style show that weren't Ebichu Minds The House ever get released, rawed, or subbed?
>>
>>14717813
I don't know actually.

And holy hell, I recognize that creature on the far right. Can't remember anything about it, other than that it came from a high gravity planet.
>>
File: IMG_5804.jpg (3MB, 3396x2457px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5804.jpg
3MB, 3396x2457px
>>14717815
That's the Venusian from It Conquered The World. From what I've read its nickname on-set was Beulah.

Old b movie scifi about a thing from Venus trying to conquer the world.

Not too bad for Roger Corman, nice performances by Peter Graves, Lee Van Cleef, and Beverly Garland. They get lots of chewy speeches about stuff.

Also a good episode of MST3k.
>>
>>14717774
>america
Americans ruined anime for me.

They elevated it to meme status.

The world would be better off if they didn't know about it.
>>
>>14715864
Ironically, Hiroshi wasn't a paragon of manlyness on his own show. He had a lot of angst and daddy issues; and with good reasons
>>
>>14717822
I need to watch more horror made before the late 70s. Aside from the 30s Frankenstein, Witchfinder General, Darkstar and Rosemary's Baby, all of my horror is pretty much post-Halloween and Alien.
>>
File: 1360007866351.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1360007866351.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>14717841
Hiroshi had serious issues.
>>
>>14717798
The only thing that ever honestly bothered me about Evangelion is when people act like its dub was somehow better than Cyber City Oedo.

They wouldn't know a good dub if it jumped up and bit them on the god damned dick.
>>
>>14717897
those goddamn shits don't know a fucking thing
>>
>Shinji you little shit get the fuck into the cocksucking robot
>>
>>14717774
It says a lot when George J. Horvath, some random blogger that likes Erhgeiz a bit much, knows a lot more about anime than the entirety of the ANN staff that isn't Mike Toole.

>>14717859
Toei sure had something against cripples back then. Seriously, it takes a lot to recover from that kind of disability, give 'em a break.

>>14717841
Luckily, that show is steadily getting subs again these days, so that people can actually have a better idea of how it was.
>>
>>14717912
I think it's because the people who do work for ANN don't really like anime enough to where they actually want to be truly knowledgeable, but they can't get a better paying job.
>>
>>14717470
What does ANN even do? I know they apparently delete people's comments when someone posts something they disagree with, and they talked shit about Victory. But I never got why they exist or why people hate them.
>>
>>14718396

It's like IMDB I guess
>>
>>14718396
Their Mazinger review is enough to turn anyone off.

It's the usual.

Kouji is sexist waaaaaaaaaa.
>>
I love Gurren Lagann, but looking back on it now that I've seen more mecha anime since watching it for the first time, it's not the end-all-be-all of the genre, and it's not original or groundbreaking in terms of setting, characters, themes or structure.

It's fun for what it is, but I can understand the blowback after it became so popular originally.
>>
>>14718423

you mean a show from the 70s doesn't share the same mentality as a show from today?

What outrage!
>>
the "casual annoying TTGL fanbase" on /m/ is a stand alone complex.
>>
>>14715914
VF, I don't care if you wrote the Necronomicon, you're alright
>>
>>14718481
Wait, isn't Mazinger actually super progressive for it's time?
It's even got an inter racial relationship and shows Nisei in a positive light when even today they are second class citizens.
>>
I really love both TTGL and Getter Robo
>>
>>14715606
>Manly characters who raise someone and are looked up to by their entire group to a group then die/leave the series
Every third year in Otokojuku fits this after their fight against Momo, J, Togashi, Toramaru, Date and the Sanmanken.
>>
>>14722325
SJWs have very anglo-centric and chrono-centric world views, funnily enough.
>>
>>14722325
>It's even got an inter racial relationship
Does it? I haven't watched the anime itself, but nothing else I've seen involving Great Mazinger shows Tetsuya interested in Jun
>>
>>14717833
This, holy shit.
>>
>>14717463
except that it has a meaningful story unlike Naruto.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.