[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Harlock Movie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: venice_harlock_space_pirate.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
venice_harlock_space_pirate.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Just watched this and it was really good.

It's on netflix, if you haven't watched it, give it a go
>>
I remember being put off by the "twist." Maybe if I watched it again, I might feel differently about it, but I'm not sure I want to.

It's a pretty movie, though.
>>
>>14712605
Was the CG movie the same thing as the anime or was it different.
>>
>>14712613
Let's say that the twist is related to your question, and makes it hard to give you a straight answer.
>>
Visually it looks amazing, and it gives me hope that yes, Japan can actually make good CG when enough money is pumped into it (though videogames kinda already prove that).

I hate the twist though, I feel like it goes against who Harlock is as a character.
>>
>>14713014
Basically this. By no means a great story but it looked wonderful.
>>
Having never seen Harlock I thought it was pretty good, but after doing some research I see why it's a disgrace to Harlock's name.

I did kinda like the loop theory though.
>>
>>14713014
This also goes for Saint Seiya movie, nice visuals but horrible retelling.
Expelled from Paradise also had 15m of good mecha fights near the end with a slightly better story.
Toei is only good in 3D nowadays, but still keep One Piece-tier animation in 2D.

You should watch Kingslaive for amazing CGI.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htnkOpknGok
>>
It kinda shits on Harlock as a character and makes him a supporting cast member in his own movie, but it looks great.
>>
It was weird that, in a movie named harlock, the character of harlock was a side character
>>
>>14712436
There's going to be a sequel apparently.
>>
>>14715138
Harlock 2: double harlock
>>
>>14713890
>This also goes for Saint Seiya movie, nice visuals but horrible retelling
Horrible directing I might add.
Useless slowmotion, confusing action scenes, jarring transitions, a tone all over the place.
In a way I believe the Harlock movie is better.
>>
>>14714280
>>14715073
Isn't that basically what the TV series did?
>>
>>14716270
No, everything that happens in the OG series is a direct result of Harlock taking action. Thats kinda the whole point of the show actually, Harlock is the last human around that gives a fuck about people that aren't himself, and inspires other to emulate him.
The rest of the cast are there to serve Harlock and dont do much of their own volition
>>
File: 95689-2980.jpg (109KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
95689-2980.jpg
109KB, 1024x768px
I'm starting to get fed up with Shinji Aramaki as a director. He's OK as a mecha designer, but I didn't really like any of his movies and none of them are good adaptations of their source material. (Starship Troopers: Invasion gets points off for being a ripoff of Aliens.)
>>
I for one enjoyed the concept that Harlock becoming a title that is passed down to ensure a legacy

Fuck not!Daiba though
Also fuck Kei but that's a different reason

Why did the English dub added in the Kei fucking Harlock accusation line
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.