[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tomino

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: tomino-interview.jpg (333KB, 957x776px) Image search: [Google]
tomino-interview.jpg
333KB, 957x776px
Will Tomino redeem himself from G-reco?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-09-25/gundam-tomino-discusses-2d-fantasy-robot-anime-plans/.93321

>stated in the Gundam G no Reconguista Official Guidebook that he is considering making his Hollywood project in Tokyo instead since he noted that "it seems like Sunrise will let me try to make a robot project that is slightly more fantasy." He also stated that he would still use traditional hand-drawn animation for the project.

>stated that he would like the work to make children realize the current rarity of hand-drawn animation, in light of the rise of modern 3D animation in Hollywood. He also said that he would like two or three more years to work on the project.

>his Ookaze no Okurosama company was collaborating with Hollywood special effects studio Legacy Effects in the movie production business — specifically, "movies based on Japanese manga and animation from Hollywood to the world."
>>
>>14712197
Tomino stuff is actually really good when he's working with competent staff and when he's not shafted by Sunrise.

Just look at King Gainer.
>>
Is he never going to retire? I don't even mean that in a negative shitposting sense, I mean I'm surprised that he still wants to keep working at age 75 like that. He didn't even want to give G Reco a regular 50 episode run (which I argue may have improved some of its problems).

Hopefully whatever he works on, he allows the staff to handle the scripts for him while he writes the scenario, broader concepts, and focuses mostly on storyboard, world building and animation. He did for 0079, much of Zeta, most of V and almost all of Turn A and they are all better for it.
>>
If the memes doesn't get to him first, then maybe.
>>
>>14712212

I don't see Tomino retiring. I imagine he'll work until he dies. Because he does enjoy it, success and failure regardless.
>>
>>14712212
I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this but I want to see Tomino work with Araki on a project.

There's just something right about G-Reco's episode 10.
>>
>74 yo
>still smoke
How is he still alive?
>>
File: dumb.png (122KB, 305x295px) Image search: [Google]
dumb.png
122KB, 305x295px
>>14712197
>ANN
>>
>>14712243
Don't worry pal, this one doesn't focus on G-Reco so there's no bias involved.
>>
>>14712243
You can read in Japanese by cliking on the picture.
>>
>>14712209
>Just look at King Gainer.
Ya blew it
>>
>>14712237
He didn't set his home on fire by accident like Yokoyama did, for one.
>>
>>14712197
Dream project is for it to be a Dunbine reboot with designs from Nagano.
>>
>>14712209

King Gainer was shit what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
I'm impressed he's still kicking and working with a smile
guess not even japan's terrible work culture can stop the man
>>
File: newtype.jpg (15KB, 263x276px) Image search: [Google]
newtype.jpg
15KB, 263x276px
>>14712197
>posts a fucking article from over a year ago
>still no G-Reco recap movie in the horizon

The hell are you even hyping this dead man for?
>>
>>14712858
>G-Reco recap movie
For what purpose?
>>
>>14712862
better subs
>>
File: dog_harder_faggots.jpg (24KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dog_harder_faggots.jpg
24KB, 640x480px
>>14712862
Because Bandai is going to continue milking its cash cow as long as it can
>>
>>14712243
>m-muh anti G-Reco conspiracy
>>
>>14712304
>like Yokoyama did, for one
What happened?
>>
G-Reco is one of my favorite shows and there's nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>14714127
He died
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.