[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have downloads for the anime? All the torrents are dead.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: img000001.png (742KB, 1019x1300px) Image search: [Google]
img000001.png
742KB, 1019x1300px
Anyone have downloads for the anime? All the torrents are dead.
>>
File: babel01.jpg (68KB, 799x401px) Image search: [Google]
babel01.jpg
68KB, 799x401px
>>14710590
A while back I wanted to watch the few translated episodes and had no luck either. What I would do to watch a decent Yokoyama anime...
>>
File: wtf_rodem.png (2MB, 640x3840px) Image search: [Google]
wtf_rodem.png
2MB, 640x3840px
>>14710595
I'm not sure I'd call it 'decent', but it's sure as hell entertaining.

70s anime is probably the best anime out of the three. 90s is an edgy reboot that just turns boring, and the less said about Beyond Infinity the better.
>>
File: subswhen.png (3MB, 1284x1504px) Image search: [Google]
subswhen.png
3MB, 1284x1504px
>>14710602
Most of his adaptions seem to take far too many liberties with his work. Tried watching the 2000's version of Mars and didn't make it past a few minutes in.

At least there's the nice looking 90's OVA that's unfinished.
>>
>>14710670
I don't mind all the liberties, but it would be nice to have a straight manga adaption of Babel. I love the 70s anime, but it's bizarre and episodic. Every other anime kind of ruins it by giving original Babel a plan and a destiny for his successor when I just love the idea of this uncaring alien throwing his legacy to the future and how it turns this ordinary kid into something somewhat strange and inhuman as well.

Like, you read the manga and there's no mystery why Babel II was the final boss in the Giant Robo OVA. Kid is fucking freaky.

As for Mars - I've only ever watched Godmars, which takes a ton of liberties. I like it and the manga, but they're so different I appreciate them as different stories. But hey, at least it allows Godmars in SRW.
>>
>>14710762
I think the biggest problem is that a lot of them have Mao Dante-tier animation
>>
>>14710878
Yeah, well. For a lot of them it was the 70s. For the newer ones...I dunno. Budget is hard.
>>
>>14710595
Doesn't help that the group that subbed some of it eventually quit on subbing in general. Hopefully Luurah liked this when he was young.

>>14710670
Wasn't Yokoyama pretty lax when people got to adapt his works?
>>
File: BUDGET.png (190KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
BUDGET.png
190KB, 640x482px
>>14710602
>>14710590
Just stick to the manga
>>
>>14712396
I want the 70s anime, man. I know Beyond Infinity is garbage.
>>
http://chauthanh.info/anime/view/babil-ii.html

I got it reuploaded, everyone watch this insane show
>>
>>14712510
>http://chauthanh.info/anime/view/babil-ii.html
Cool. Thanks.
>>
>>14712632
Watched the first episode, I like the few changes they made. Especially with Rodem being the servant that was waiting for him.
>>
>>14712396
What order do you recommend? I've only watched Giant Robo OVA.
>>
>>14712814
Yeah, cutting out the random woman and just making her Rodem is a brilliant little bit of cast compression. Rodem in general gets a lot more to do and say in the 70s anime, which really helps giving the series the feeling of having an actual cast.

>>14713222
Lemme just give you the rundown.

Manga: The original. Has a continuing story, but doesn't really care about characters so much.

70s anime: The closest anime to the manga, but there are a lot of changes, mostly to flesh out characters and make the cast bigger. Much more episodic, and often ends up being dumb or childish. But it's really entertaining.

90s OVA: Gritty reboot that just ends up being boring. Has a neat artstyle and a great/terrible 90s dub if you like that sort of thing, though.

Beyond Infinity: No.

Babel II The Returner: Reboot manga. Completely untranslated, so all I know is that they fucked everyone's character designs (besides Rodem).

Neither the manga nor the 70s anime are completely translated, so might as well just read/watch what we have of both, because it won't take you long. 90s anime is optional, and might be better served by just watching the first two episodes.
>>
>>14713281
Was thinking all Yokoyama manga rather than this series but I'll take what I can find.
>>
>>14713372
Oh. Yeah, just read whatever manga you can get your hands on, there's not that many. The longest are Sangokushi and Genghis Kahn, so you can save those for last if you like.
>>
File: sango.png (198KB, 756x270px) Image search: [Google]
sango.png
198KB, 756x270px
>>14713551
Not that anon but I've watched so many adaptions of ROTTK that I find them kind of dull. Also more interested in his science fiction works.
>>
>>14713590
Just grab whatever looks interesting here
http://www.hokutonogun.com/
>>
>>14713590
The only way you're getting much of a choice in sci-fi manga is if you can read Japanese.

If you don't then you read Mars, Giant Robo, and Babel II and call it a day.
>>
Tell me about how Beyond Infinity is a trainwreck
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.