[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /m/ think about the new Xenoblade?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

What did /m/ think about the new Xenoblade?
>>
>>14709436
Story wasn't great, and there were some problems with the gameplay but it was ok.
>>
Story isn't great. Fuck that cliffhanger. Fuck Avatar creation in a JRPG.
Good mecha design, good ost even though i find it weird to have some rap in A jrpg. Gameplay was better than Chronicles.
>>
>>14709436
I liked it, I want the sequel I also hope that in the next Project X Zone we get KOS-MOS, Fiora and Elma together
>>
I think they really fucked up the main cast. The protagonist is a non entity in the main story - even the player choice dialogues are often just ignored or immediately overruled by Elma.

Lin has some good moments, but only when she's by herself or thinking about her past. Her interactions with Tatsu are trash and, like everyone else, Elma is a blackhole that crashes any chance of interesting interaction with someone else.

HOWEVER... I actually enjoyed a lot of the side-quest story material. Even when I fucked up (like sparing those alien animals resulting in the death of some guy, or giving the wrong directions to another resulting in an entire team dying) it was pretty memorable. They also ranged from murder mysteries to a pseudo JRPG plot with the Nopon gods - overall carrying a lot of variety.

The Heart to Hearts weren't as good as the ones in the original (they were kind of hurt by all of them being avatar x character compared to the original where they could be with anyone, not just Shulk), but they still had some good moments at times.

I wish Skells didn't make battles slower, but they were still fun.
>>
>>14709699
I think the problem with Elma is that she was a instersting backstory with her coming to earth to save its people, I hope they go in detail over where she came from and precisely what is in it for her to put her life at stake in saving humans, she also came alone and had tech from various alien species with her and then there is the whole thing with Mira being alive and having a mind of its ownits probably just the wave existence trapped yet again
>>
>>14709436
Somehow they managed to make the game LESS fun once you get a giant robot, since there's no more secondary/tertiary cooldowns, barely any positioning-based weapons, soul voice barely matters to a skell, and everything has stupid-long cooldowns. There's very little incentive to do anything in a Skell except spam weapons as soon as they cool down and hope for cockpit mode, while fighting on foot had a bunch of mechanics to keep in mind.
>>
>>14710010
>>soul voice barely matters to a skell

Invincibility and getting debuff ranks to 5 and 6 are big deals. You can only raise your debuff ranks to that level with voices only.

Also,

>Not using katars and beam saws
>>
>>14710343
>Not using katars and beam saws
Oh, also, you can't customize the equipment on the Ares.
>>
>>14709436
I was disappointed the mecha combat that you unlock after 30 hours of play was somehow less complex than the normal combat.

I wanted to graduate into something more advanced, not take a step back once I finally mastered overdrive combos.
>>
>>14710343
>soul voice
I got so sick of that shit.

I was actually okay with the QTEs in Xenoblade but in X they turned that shit up to the point it just became obnoxious. You basically had a Soul Voice QTE going off every 2 goddamn seconds.
>>
>>14710381
The Ares is only good if you want a quick OP mech but even then some of the super bosses will fuck it over faster than it can take their health
>>
XBX would have been so much more bearable if the entire party got experience from battles like in XBC. There was no point in switching party members since the Protag is basically always guaranteed to be better than the rest of the party. New party members never felt like a reward since unless you got them at the very first possible opportunity then they would be much lower leveled than you were. Grinding for affinity is much more annoying when you have to babysit part of your team. Combined with the fact that there were like 20 people in your party and you have something that's more of a chore than something actually fun.
>>
>>14709699
Sidequests are the best. NTR'd Nopon, warrior cat learning to cook human food, the Ma-non murder case etc
>>14710010
>>14710446
You can do infinite overdrive with Skell too and solo superbosses with a Formula. It can be complex if you willing to look into it, but most people don't because lol Ares.
https://youtu.be/TsDFQU3O3uw
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.