[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another Century's Episode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

Another Century's Episode thread. Who are your favorite bots to play as, which game is your favorite?
Been doing some fun stuff with Shin Getter [OG Getter team], Max in his VF-1, and Amuro w/ Nu Gundam. Is Ace R worth getting?
>>
Also, is there a mission guide anywhere? I remember using one a while back to see the requirements for missions but I think its been deleted.
>>
File: WhatIPlayedACER.jpg (339KB, 1023x341px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIPlayedACER.jpg
339KB, 1023x341px
>>14709423

Try GameFAQs, they should have mission guides up

>Who are your favorite bots to play as

Falguen MAFFU in 2 and Devilfish in 3

>Which game is your favorite?

2 > 3 >>>>>>>>>>> 1/R (haven't played Portable so I can't make an opinion on that)

>Is ACE R worth getting?

That game doesn't exist, dunno what you are talking about
>>
>>14709493
Hmm, Ace R is that bad, huh? Its a shame, because it seems cool to be able to play as the Alteisen and Cybuster.
And I've checked gamefaqs, they only have a unit list up.
>>
>>14709423

Nirvash Spec. 2, Black Selena, and Shin Getter 1. All from 3.

>>14709506

It's definitely not what we were hoping for. Looks great, decent cast, but those damn cutscenes and clunky gameplay really hurt it. Boss fights were really irritating, especially the last boss rush just to get a shot at the only interesting boss, Seraph.
>>
>>14709493
Portable's way worse than R, honestly.

They fucked up hard.
>>
>>14709506
R isn't worth it just due to the damn cutscenes being unskippable desu. Especially the goddamn Macross F shit where they licensed music and really want you to appreciate it.
>>
File: 1461019781737.jpg (22KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1461019781737.jpg
22KB, 360x360px
>>14709423
>Is Ace R worth getting
The question you're asking is essentially" Is the game that killed the franchise worth getting?"

Fuck From, they are nothing but hacks that managed to luck out with the Souls franchise
>>
I like ACE 1 because I'm a fag and it has the most Heavy Metals.
>>
Anyone have Portable's OST that was posted a few months back?
>>
I've played all of them. I actually played ACE 3 and Portable much earlier than ACE 2 and 1, so my opinion may be a little biased.

ACE 1: one thing I liked was the style of the cutscenes. It's sorta like a documentary, and you get all sorts of people narrating, like Noin, Anna (Layzner), Char and even Gavlet Gablae. The controls themselves aren't very good, I must say. There are some very interesting missions in this game, but it needed to be refined, and that's ACE 2.

ACE 2: has the best story. The roster is a little lacking, and the missions are very, very repetitive, but once you're done with them, you'll see the strengths of the game. Has a lot of crossover moments, like Heero shooting down the Mass Driver (from Dragonar) with the Twin Buster Rifle, Domon interrupting Le Caine (Layzner) and Gun Jem (Dragonar).

ACE 3: pretty good, very large cast, and has much fewer missions than 2, although they're now much longer. Finally they made the manual control mode mandatory (you had to choose an option in 1 and 2).

ACE: Portable: it was actually my first game... let's see. I don't like the grinding for parts, and how you actually have to reload your weapons in resupply stations. I didn't know japanese at the time, and I don't feel like going back to that game, but I defeated the ExtraExtraExtra final boss almost by a miracle.

ACE: R: they use some weird system to chain strong attacks (kinda like morale in SRW), and you have to be careful of timing when you use melee. The story is mediocre, and the forced cutscenes just seal the deal. I heard there was an achievement for going through that final Macross cutscene 15 times. I wonder how many people did that.

>>14709582
I heard ACE:R was that bad because of Banpresto meddling. Them abandoning the old style of cutscenes (radio and briefings) for the SRW style (portraits with text) is proof of that.
>>
>>14709710

>I heard there was an achievement for going through that final Macross cutscene 15 times

If you are talking about "The Last Chase" Trophy (Gold), you actually have to finish that stage with every single unit at least once
>>
>>14709710
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhIvtfGZMco

"Hey, you there! Have you seen this man?"
>>
File: kofgif.gif (78KB, 750x165px) Image search: [Google]
kofgif.gif
78KB, 750x165px
>>14709717
W.A.T.
Does the game still have 70+ units? That would be a lifetime of pain.
>>
>>14709724

After consulting the spreadsheet file some Japanese guy made when the game came out to keep track for said Trophy, you need to finish that stage with 55 units (there are 56 usable units in the game but Koenig Monster is not available for that stage due to plot reasons)
>>
I just remember how awesome the openings where for each ACE game couldn't find a good one for the first though, theonly I found had some sort of fps problem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elMFaLxXUO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NzlU-fStxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q50v5Q_O6Xg
>>
>>14709570
the fuck, P was a step back in the right direction and is much better than the stupid fuckfest that was R.
>>
>>14709423
Loved playing as Black Selena and the other Aestivalis. They were fucking fast as shit and the custom one from the movie that Ryoko uses has a really good rifle.
>>
>>14709582
Are you seriously thinking that From only has it hands on R? So what, three good games and a bad one (due to Banpresto meddling as other mentioned) you go screaming "HACKS!" like a retard?
Also
>in /m/
>not acknowledging Armored Core
>>
the OST is actually pretty good and I didn't mind listening to it over the vocal tracks and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S60fixTiSY
>>
>>14709710
>The roster is a little lacking,
Funny you should say this, because it had my favorite roster of the series due to TV Nadesico.
>>
Still sad that Turn A in 3 was units only, and then only the Turns. Would have loved to have playable Kapools (especially Corin's) or Harry's SUMO.

I'm less sad about no SEED story in 3, but no options other than Freedom and Justice was a shame.

Also where the hell were the non-Heero guys from EW in 3? No Tallgeese or Altron was saddening.

>ACE R got Overman XAN
>3 didn't
Fuck R all over again.
>>
>>14711064
XAN didn't exist when 3 came out. It was original unit made for SRW Z Special Disc.
>>
>>14711087
It might not have existed before ACE 3 (but I wouldn't swear to it), but XAN wasn't created for SRW; there were models of it beforehand, even if just scratchbuilds.

That's like saying Great Zeorymer was made for SRW J when there were designs of it dating back years beforehand.
>>
>>14711087
>>14711097
A cursory google search has people claiming XAN debuted in the King Gainer novels.

In slightly more relevant matters, fuck Berkt. Goddamn I hated that cunt.

Also
>make Shin Getter playable for both Ryouma and Go
>don't do the same for GX with Jamil, even though his VA is already in the game and is a chatty fucker to boot.
No Gain/Jamil/Holland triple old man combo like Gainer/Garrod/Renton got was suffering.
>>
>>14709710
>ACE2
>Very repetitive mission
I think it's the only ACE that actually had mission variety. None of the missions are simply "Kill that purple dot guy".
>>
>>14711146
I'm pretty disappointed that the Ryoma Shin Getter isn't in the main story.
>>
>tfw i sold ACE 1 and 2
why was i stupid? i regret selling them
>>
>>14711344
It wasn't? Thought they got access to it after that event that sidelined Go's team.

Kind of a shame Go and crew didn't get to use Shin Dragon, even as an NPC ship; would have been less of a waste than giving it to fucking Berkt.
>>
>>14711434
You get Ryoma and co in Shin once you complete the EX missions
>>
Never got around to playing ACE 1; how does it stack up to 2 and 3?
>>
>>14711361
ACE 1 isn't that good, but ACE 2 is very good.

>>14712533
Guns have a serious balance issue. You start with a Gespenst that only has a machinegun with 30 bullets (criminal by ACE standards) and 2 Split Missiles (those don't reload). Other mechs don't really have it much better, because they have so little ammo before having to reload, that you'll probably take more time dodging (waiting for reloads) than firing at others. There's also no reason behind which weapons are one use only and which are not. The Split Missiles are one-use, but they're kinda weak, while others are much stronger and can be reloaded.
There are some very interesting missions, like when you have to defeat enemies while Relena Peacecraft is giving a talk on TV. However, you can't be seen by the TV helicopters, so you have to go around them or dive in the water.

One thing of note is that this game was retconned out of the story. One of the final missions has you destroy civilain shuttles before they reach Earth, because one of them has a bomb that could do catastrophic damage.

So, yeah. You're shooting down a bunch of innocents.

>>14711152
ACE 2 has 60 or so missions on small maps that will make you go out of bounds every 10 seconds. For every "help Domon defeat Le Caine" mission, there are 10 "go from target to target with an invisible time limit". I liked the Earth missions, but those Space missions in ACE 2 are rather bad. That's not to say the game is bad. It actually has the best story and crossover moments. Another thing I didn't like is grinding for those last few robots - you have to restart the game and choose that robot as a favorite series, or you're not gonna make it.

I liked ACE 3 because it has less missions, but the maps are huge, and the mission will usually change a few times during its course.
>>
I remember someone asked a long time ago what the Layzner Mk.II Concept Version was, and it was the last robot I unlocked. I'll post a few images for you guys.
>>
File: layzner_mk_ii_concept_colors_01.jpg (33KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
layzner_mk_ii_concept_colors_01.jpg
33KB, 640x480px
>>14712738
It has the same weapons as the Mk.II, only the color changes.
>>
File: layzner_mk_ii_concept_colors_02.jpg (34KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
layzner_mk_ii_concept_colors_02.jpg
34KB, 640x480px
>>14712738
Say Mk II~
>>
>trying to play Shin Getter on hard mode
Fuck, he's so big. Its hard to dodge with him.
>>
>>14716106
Hard mode in general is pretty shitty.
>>
>>14713049
Does it transform?
>>
>>14717705
Yeah, it also goes into bird mode.
>>
ACE R's awful gameplay was a real kick in the teeth. SRW OG guys are damn near useless. I think the only ones I really enjoyed playing were some of the Code Geass units like Lancelot.
>>
>>14717845
What? Wasn't Ryusei and ART-1 one of the most OP units in that game thanks to HGG Revolver killing a shit ton of large units easily?
>>
>>14710985
You do know they fired the AC team right? His anger is partly justified
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.