[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did Nathan Explosion fucking direct this? Holy fucking shit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

File: mazinkaisersklrobohorse.png (261KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
mazinkaisersklrobohorse.png
261KB, 576x324px
Did Nathan Explosion fucking direct this? Holy fucking shit.
>>
Boring ass OVA, only the last episode had some semblance of cool action (it's telling that this is a 3 episode OVA and yet they reused action animation in episode 2) and the story stuff was shoved down your throat despite not being any good.

It's only "awesome" on a surface level as if a bunch of men in suits got together and thought "Dynamic Pro fans like [list of things], make a series with that".
>>
>>14708698
Fuck you. it was awesome
>>
>>14708703
Mazinkaiser was way better at being a "well executed mindless fun" OVA series

(Too bad the movie sucked)
>>
I agree it was awesome.

>>14708698
>yet they reused action animation in episode 2
Can't be helped. SKL was a guilty project that didn't have a budget. Shin Mazinger was a flop.

>>14708710
I prefer the Mazinkaiser movie to the actual series, and as far as mindless action goes, SKL was far more entertaining.

Mazinkaiser is wasted potential everywhere.
>>
>>14708710
This, 'Kaiser was pretty great.
I was really disappointed with the movie though.

>>14708868
>Shin Mazinger was a flop.

Was it really?
>>
>>14708874
>This, 'Kaiser was pretty great.
It's alright, but it's my least favourite Dynamic Pro OVA. I'd take SKL, Jeeg, the Getter OVAs, Cyborg 009 vs Devilman all over it.

The movie improved several tons over the series. Just from a narrative standpoint, it's a lot better.

>Was it really?
Yeah really. Shin Mazinger died out as soon as it ended. The only thing that kept the Shin Mazinger brand alive was the ZERO manga, which was way better received by fans than the Imagawa anime.
>>
>>14708692
Jun Kawagoe did, and he's pretty much Go Nagai's favourite director.
>>
>>14708882
>The only thing that kept the Shin Mazinger brand alive was the ZERO manga
Really? People like that toss over good stupid fun?
>>
Legend of Kaiser is a pretty good song.
>>
>>14708698
Really, I expected it to be a wild train ride. Instead they just blueball me throughout three episodes.
>>
>>14711131
everyone in Japan hated Shin Mazinger. ZERO's reception was a whole lot better.

SKL seems to be better received than Shin too judging from the pixiv fanarts.
>>
>>14711154
What was it about Shin that pissed Japan off so much? I never got more than a few eps in myself, but it was more of a 'eh, not as good as I was expecting, might pick it back up later' thing rather than 'frothing hatred'.
>>
>>14708868
>I prefer the Mazinkaiser movie to the actual series
you're insane
>>
>>14708868
>I prefer the Mazinkaiser movie to the actual series

Is it possible to emit this level of anti-sakuga?
>>
>>14711180
>What was it about Shin that pissed Japan off so much?

The fact that they changed Koji's VA?
>>
>>14711233
Well yeah, isn't his old VA old as dirt now?
>>
>>14711242

He's 75 this year. More likely he probably couldn't do the voice too well anymore.
>>
>>14711180
It's an Imagawa anime.

Which means there's a focus on the characters and drama, rather than mecha action, which pissed off every Mazinger fan from the nips to the spics.

You only get your first real Mazinger fight in episode 11, and after that it's back to family drama and betrayals. I like this kind of anime since it's different and interesting to me but fans especially Dynamic Pro / Go Nagai fans who are adhd only wanted to see mecha action and cared little else for Imagawa's vision.

That's why SKL was the way it was.

New Getter Robo was very well received as well as the other Getter OVAs, so they expected that kind of anime from Shin Mazinger, but instead they got Giant Robo 2.0.
>>
>>14711258

The difference is everything in GR just felt like one big buildup to the finale. In SM the finale just kinda happens.
>>
>>14711262
the sm was a build up too. it even references earlier episodes.
>>
>>14711258
>I like this kind of anime since it's different and interesting to me but fans especially Dynamic Pro / Go Nagai fans who are adhd only wanted to see mecha action and cared little else for Imagawa's vision.

Could you try that again without the self-importance and condescension?
>>
>>14711271
Go Nagai fans aren't interested in plot.

If they were, they'd be Gundamfags.
>>
>>14711242
Even so, he's played the guy since the beginning.

He's THE voice, and I know Japan get anal about VA changes.
>>
>>14711258

More like Giant Robo 3.0...
Don't forget Tetsujin 28 go (2004).
I think that if you consider story and characters Shin Mazinger (the Impact) is one of the best anime ever realized; the focus is on characters, and Mazinger IS a character not simply a tool. Of course the anime lacks some action but, in the perspective of the story that's told, action isn't so necessary.
Maybe it would have been perceived better anime if it was an ova series; but in that case, for a character still (at the time) enough popular as Mazinger is, it would have been a waste of money.

Anyway, aside from polemics, are the Mazinger and Getter brands dead? Too many years passed since they had an anime adaptation...
>>
>>14711233
Nips should stop being autistic about VAs. Akabane did a good job as Kouji.
>>
>>14711290
>are the Mazinger and Getter brands dead?
robot girls z
>>
>>14711228
The series is wasted potential. You could have switched Mazinkaiser with regular Mazinger and the show would have been the same. The movie at least showed Mazinkaiser's real potential.

>>14711230
The animation was worse, but it was digital, and for early digital animation, it was quite good especially when you compare it to other early 2000s Go Nagai stuff like the Mao Dante anime.
>>
>>14711614

Yes I know. I've even seen that... that THING... I mean, it was a cute parody with a mobile game and some other stuff as backup (maybe the opposite, but it doesn't matter).
In the meanwhile Bandai is producing a new model based on '72 Mazinger's design. It was a good opportunity for a new movie or a short ova series, but nothing happened.
>>
>>14711258
There's a robot fight in almost every episode though
Like yeah I agree that it doesn't really pick up until like 10 episodes in but there's still a lot of action
>>
>>14711258
It's funny to me because after watching both of those, Shin Mazinger became one of my favorite anime period, while I felt like New Getter Robo was weird and missing something and Armageddon was way better
>>
>>14711836
New Getter has raving Japanese reviews on Amazon, and abysmally bad reviews for Shin Mazinger.

Also I heard this from the Land of Obscursion blog.

"Fun fact from Morimoto: Jun Kawagoe directs nearly every single Go Nagai anime now partially because Go Nagai himself likes Kawagoe's style."

https://twitter.com/LandofObscusion/status/764550466063724546
>>
>>14711833
Getter and Mazinger are manga franchises. You can't say they're dead, when Shin Mazinger ZERO only ended last year and Getter Robo Devolution is currently ongoing.

>But they don't have any new anime!!!

Again, they're primarily manga franchises. That's where their audience is.
>>
>>14708703
It was shit. The best fights were just the Mazinkaiser wrecking grunts, which is a fucking sham
>>
>>14713005
mazinkaiser and shin mazinger were worse

skl at least is entertaining
>>
>>14711258
Honestly I really liked the characters interacting, but all of the fucking flashbacks killed me. I really feel like they could have told the story differently than flashing back to the same scene six times in three episodes. It was really excessive.
>>
>>14713983
Imagawa does flashbacks because he knows people are too dumb to remember them when they become plot relevant like episode 8
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.