[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does it keep the Heat Hawk?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 11

File: conan.jpg (187KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
187KB, 500x447px
In all my years being a Gundam fan, this has never been explained to me. Where the fuck does the Heat Hawk get stored? Don't all Zakus have a heat hawk as backup?

If you look at something like MAHQ I'm pretty sure it says that they keep it "on the skirt armor" or some shit. Do they mean like, under the skirt armor? It doesn't seem like it would fit, and I sure as fuck never see Zakus with axes dangling off their backs. Under the big shoulder shield would make sense, but I feel like that would be quite visible and I've never seen it there.
>>
File: Hammerspaceweb.jpg (100KB, 523x612px) Image search: [Google]
Hammerspaceweb.jpg
100KB, 523x612px
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (40KB, 511x287px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
40KB, 511x287px
in all the figures, they are stored on side skirts
>>
>>14706311

I imagine the handle telescopes or folds in some manner for storage so that it can be stowed horizontally on the outward side of the rear skirt armor.
>>
>>14706329
I believe on some of them it stores laterally on the back of the waist. Unfortunately my only Zaku is in pieces so I can't really prove it.
>>
It is just mounted on the hip, but most zakus dont have them
In char's second? Sortie against the gundam ypu can see it on his hip
>>
File: 42609418_p0.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
42609418_p0.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14706311
>>
File: 42671301_p0.jpg (896KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
42671301_p0.jpg
896KB, 1920x1080px
>>14706606
>>
File: 42692788_p0.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
42692788_p0.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>14706610
>>
>>14706311
>I sure as fuck never see Zakus with axes dangling off their backs
Other than all the fucking time, sure.
>>
File: PAUNCH.gif (501KB, 252x168px) Image search: [Google]
PAUNCH.gif
501KB, 252x168px
>>14706311
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvYRzttAGFE&feature=youtu.be&t=2m4s

Watch where the Zaku draw's it's Heathawk from.
>>
File: KFFU.jpg (40KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
KFFU.jpg
40KB, 640x480px
>>14706761
2:04 is where you should watch.
>>
>>14706706
>google image Zaku
>99% of the pictures the Zaku either has a gun or has a heat hawk, never both
>the other 1% are gunpla and 3D models from random shit

yeah shuddup

They basically never fucking draw them with the axe holstered and visible. It comes from hammerspace as someone mentioned, either that or most Zakus don't have one, but I really get the impression they're all supposed to.
>>
If I remember Heat Hawks are non-standard equipment for Zaku, but became more commonplace as the war went on since they needed something to counter the GMs and their beam sabers.
>>
>>14707579
Honestly, it sounds like you need to watch more Gundam. 0080, 0083, The 08th MS Team, and Unicorn all show Zakus with Heat Hawks all the time.
>>
>>14707591
It would be silly and campy and Super Roboty but watching a Zaku throw its heat hawk in a Gundam show would be heartwarming as fuck.
>>
>>14706567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibL9e5j-8AA

You can see this in the Journey to Jaburo opening.
>>
>>14707635
>Seeing a Zaku throw its head hawk
Like Luna does in the Destiny OP? Pretty sure the blade is a beam, but it's not that much of a difference all things considered.

https://youtu.be/ipfUAs64p4w
>>
File: Hand Connecter.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Hand Connecter.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>14707635
Throwing a Heat Hawk wouldn't really work, at least in UC. Weapons are powered by the Mobile Suit's reactor, and the energy is transferred through a connection in the hands. Throwing it would make it lose power.
>>
>>14707715
Not necessarily. You're still throwing an ax; even as a distraction, it'd still be effective.

It's also a question as to whether the weapon stores any energy from the connection. Sure, it'll power-down eventually, but if it maintains the edge for a few seconds, that might be more than enough.
>>
>>14707727
That's true. I know beam sabers can keep their charge for a little bit. A Zaku reactor can't even power beam weapons though, so I doubt it would last for very long, if at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (242KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
242KB, 1920x1080px
The Efreet has those throwing knives tho, but its reactor is probably more powerful
>>
>>14707740
It's superheating a piece of metal. Even if the hawk can't keep that going it's still going to be hot as fuck for a bit once the power is cut.
>>
>>14707715
>>14707727
>>14707740
Heat doesn't just instantly dissipate as soon as the power is cut. I mean, just your stove become cold the instant you turn it off?
>>
>>14707757
The hotter something is the faster it releases heat and thus loses temperature.
>>
>>14707766
Especially in space.
>>
>>14707715
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the point of the backpack on most MS to serve as a charging station for the beam saber(s)?
>>
>>14707776
It recharges the particle supply, not the actual power.
>>
>>14706311
So the Zaku carries the axe on its side skirt armor. Whichever side is your preference as its depicted on either. From a front or back profile it often blends pretty discreetly into the mech. I'm pretty sure the axe is clipped to a little wheel that can turn and make the handle easier to grab.

At the same time, it's kind of like Chekhov's Heat Hawk. If you see a Zaku animated with a holstered heat hawk, it's probably going to go and use that thing on camera. So in some notable examples like Shiro's first jungle kill, or when Keith kills that Dom in the foggy battle, we have the axe being shown in all its holstered glory.

However if you look at, oh, like every other goddamn Zaku ever drawn, they're never shown with the heat hawk. It's just this extra pain in the ass little piece of asymmetry; aesthetically unattractive visual noise that they clearly didn't want to deal with animating on every Zaku.

Someone mentioned 0080, well watch Bernie's FZ when he crashes. Not a heat hawk to be found on him, or any of the Zakus in 0080. Maybe he got his heat hawk from one of those weapons containers they smuggled in kek?

It's not that standard of a weapon is the only conclusion I can draw, which isn't *that* unreasonable considering MS are primarily designed to shoot each other with huge guns that kill very quickly.
>>
>>14707989
He did get the heat hawk from the weapon container, it is explicitly shown
>>
>>14707769
Cooling in space is slow as fuck. You need some sort of ambient substance for conduction/convection and radiation is nowhere near as fast.
>>
File: Zaku-ii-fz-hguc.jpg (777KB, 3200x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Zaku-ii-fz-hguc.jpg
777KB, 3200x2112px
>>14707989
>Someone mentioned 0080, well watch Bernie's FZ when he crashes. Not a heat hawk to be found on him
Bro did you even watch the show? Bernie obviously retrieved it from the weapons container as Anon said, plus he fucking skeets around with it to lure the Alex.

This thread is autistic as fuck, the Heat Hawk is not standard equipment, it is mounted externally on the side skirt armour plates on a hook or clamp. It doesn't take much imagination to see how plausible this is.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.