[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Gundam mainly what grabbed my attention; 0079,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: turn-1920x1200-334707.jpg (929KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
turn-1920x1200-334707.jpg
929KB, 1920x1200px
I just finished Gundam mainly what grabbed my attention; 0079, Zeta, CCA, F91, Crossbone, Victory, Turn A, Unicorn, Origin and IBO If I'm not wrong Turn A was the last one chronologically right? So is it safe to say that the White Doll and Turn X were a perfect fit to be the last Gundams? Especially Turn X, they both look so slick and so does their weapons.
>>
>>14704283
I'm still unclear if Turn A is an AU or not
As far as I can figure, Turn A is an AU where UC and all other AUs all happened.
>>
>>14704283
G-Reco comes after Turn A.
>>
G-Reco is the best series.
>>
>>14704297
Yeah, same for me.
>>14704301
Ah, well like I said I didn't watch all Gundam material, but looking at pictures the Gundam seems to go back to earlier Gundam designs.
>>
>>14704301
has this ever been actually confirmed outside of Tomino throwing a shit during an interview? I recall reading that Bandai labeled G-reco comes before Turn A but never seen official information for either side of the argument.
>>
>>14704303
I have trouble picking a favorite since I enjoyed them all, my least favorite being Turn A.
>>
>>14704320
In a tweet he said it's about 500 years after Turn A. If I remember another tweet he did around the same time talked about the G-Lucifer having the moonlight butterfly on it was due to the system being preserved from the previous era.
>>
>>14704297
Turn A is supposed to be part of the "meta" canon, accepting all prior shows.

It's still it's own thing, though.
>>
Turn X is not a gundam
>>
>>14704320
Well Tomino apparently actually said it and alleged sources were posted on /m/ before, which you can't say the same for G-Reco taking place before Turn A. I think those were just assumptions by other people working on the show who weren't aware of what Tomino intended.

G-Reco coming afterwards makes more sense thematically anyway. Turn A is about the culmination of history, G-Reco is about youths looking past the record of history and seeing the world as actually it is, using their own eyes. I wouldn't say G-Reco rejects history but most of its themes deal with throwing out the past. Some examples being: Mask is unhappy until he abandons his vengeance over Kuntala purido; Bellri doesn't care about his supposed Rayhunton lineage and lives his own life as a Zenam (and loves his mom); G-IT Labs find peace by letting go of the prejudices they hold against Earthlings; and so forth.
>>
>>14704488
Its the brother unit of the Turn A
>>
Last one is g reco
also fuck g self, ugly as SHIT
>>
File: CqjZwA1UsAAnS1y.jpg (270KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CqjZwA1UsAAnS1y.jpg
270KB, 2048x1536px
>>14704988
>also fuck g self, ugly as SHIT
You are ugly as SHIT.
>>
>>14704283
Nope. G-Reco is 500 years after Turn A, and Turn X isn't a Gundam.
>>14704519
Check the gunpla boxes:
WD-M01 ∀ Gundam
Concept X-6-1-2 Turn X

If its name doesn't say "Gundam" on the box, it isn't a Gundam.
>>
>Turn A
Fuck you, that show was shit. G-Reco blew it out of the water, go watch that instead.
>>
>>14705076
Turn A is the best Gundam.
>>
>>14705088
if you like Ghibli more than Gundam
>>
>>14704505
>>14704361
Tomino said it in a magazine interview, and other interviews with cast and crew confirm it.
>>
>>14705076
If anything Turn A is the show that separates the Gundam kids and the adults. Ayy, stay mad.
>>
>>14705071
I see, I never really got into Gunpla since I didn't have the time. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in the show that it was a Gundam or it was someone on the production team. And no one, not you, not me, can go and say that maybe the Turn X was a prototype Turn A since it looks cooler, is more advance and they both have the Moonlight Butterfly tech.
>>
>>14705147

Well it wasn't a prototype, but the Turn-A was a Terran attempt to build something akin to the Turn-X once it was discovered according to the manuals if I recall.
>>
>>14705147
>>14705241
Turn X was made to rival the Turn A in an attempt to defeat it.
>>
>>14705625

I don't know where you pulled that information from, but it certainly wasn't from (a) the show or (b) the manuals, because according to the MG Turn-X manual the Turn-A was created based off the Turn-X.

http://pastebin.com/DPLgZy5Z

"created the Turn A Gundam and its systems based on the Turn X's technology"

The most the show has to say on the matter is Gym saying he thinks the Turn-X is the younger brother, but he's operating entirely off assumption since the Turn-A appeared first within the show, because he never knows the history of either unit beyond what's stated in the Black History. Which gives no indication of either's genesis.
>>
>>14705241
>>14705625
Ah I see, anyways if we got to be honest the Turn X DID defeat the Turn A in terms of technology and design
>>
>>14704320
I just took it as more of Tomino's fucking with the fanbase, there's no way Turn A happened lees than 1000 years after UC
>>
>>14707173
Yeah, this.
>>
Watch ZZ. I'd also rec X but otherwise the others aren't required.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.